• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | The Archives

    Moving to Vegas to become a full time pro handicapper

    «First Previous 230231232 ... 567568569 Next Last»
    scalabrine
    Dutch1976
    BWS77
    mikeru3
    mbialowas
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 973052
    Posts: 14201
    «First Previous 230231232 ... 567568569 Next Last»
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 10:52 PM ET #5726

    Quote Originally Posted by jkjc:



    I actually agree with a lot of what you have to say, I just think your hostility to CG is a bit unwarranted.  Whats your goal?  To get him to quit go home and stop making videos?  I think everyone loses if that happens.  Theres more than one way to make money and if you dont like his plays just fade him. Just enjoy the show man

    No, his kings play pissed me off so much I am going off on him.

    Do I want Vegas to have another 30K. NO!

    I actually don't want to see him lose all his money.

    Being cordial and giving advice didn't work so now we go the other route.

    In the end, it's clear he'll do as he pleases.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jkjc:



    I actually agree with a lot of what you have to say, I just think your hostility to CG is a bit unwarranted.  Whats your goal?  To get him to quit go home and stop making videos?  I think everyone loses if that happens.  Theres more than one way to make money and if you dont like his plays just fade him. Just enjoy the show man

    No, his kings play pissed me off so much I am going off on him.

    Do I want Vegas to have another 30K. NO!

    I actually don't want to see him lose all his money.

    Being cordial and giving advice didn't work so now we go the other route.

    In the end, it's clear he'll do as he pleases.

     
    Dutch1976
    Dutch1976
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1934
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:04 PM ET #5727

    Quote Originally Posted by smacksmiter:


    The hostility that you see here on these pages towards CG has its origin in each individual posters own history.  You name it, its there...mad at parents, mad at life, mad at work, mad at wife, mad at _____.  They take that anger and project it on to a kid who is living his dream.  That way, they can make themselves feel better when he fails.

    Because when he fails, their failures are not as bad and their self esteem ascends on high.

    Their anger is assuaged because they were right "all along" and one of the most powerful drivers of the human ego is the strong desire to be RIGHT...especially powerful in men.

    What they don't realize is that they are not getting any benefit from their exercise in futility.  It only ends up holding them back and damaging them even further by reinforcing their twisted mindsets.

    It's a sad, sad cycle of futility.  Try to raise your self esteem by beating someone down who is living their dreams only to know in the back of your mind you are only reinforcing the fact that you have never lived your dream and never will.

    Everyone can see the hostility.  Few understand its vitriol...and even fewer the source of the poison.

    And a very tiny minuscule percentage way below .00000001 will understand these words.

    Carry on.



    I don't want to see him fail either. But I'm not one of the cheerleaders who are living vicariously thru some kid with a tendency towards anger.

    Let's all pretend we can't see that this kid isn't going on tilt. Let's egg him on and tell him to "make more videos bro!"

    When he goes bust and no one is there telling him how awesome he is, then what? Fuk him, onto the next?

    I'd love to see one of the more mature, strict money management, members of this forum document a Vegas run. That'd be badasss.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by smacksmiter:


    The hostility that you see here on these pages towards CG has its origin in each individual posters own history.  You name it, its there...mad at parents, mad at life, mad at work, mad at wife, mad at _____.  They take that anger and project it on to a kid who is living his dream.  That way, they can make themselves feel better when he fails.

    Because when he fails, their failures are not as bad and their self esteem ascends on high.

    Their anger is assuaged because they were right "all along" and one of the most powerful drivers of the human ego is the strong desire to be RIGHT...especially powerful in men.

    What they don't realize is that they are not getting any benefit from their exercise in futility.  It only ends up holding them back and damaging them even further by reinforcing their twisted mindsets.

    It's a sad, sad cycle of futility.  Try to raise your self esteem by beating someone down who is living their dreams only to know in the back of your mind you are only reinforcing the fact that you have never lived your dream and never will.

    Everyone can see the hostility.  Few understand its vitriol...and even fewer the source of the poison.

    And a very tiny minuscule percentage way below .00000001 will understand these words.

    Carry on.



    I don't want to see him fail either. But I'm not one of the cheerleaders who are living vicariously thru some kid with a tendency towards anger.

    Let's all pretend we can't see that this kid isn't going on tilt. Let's egg him on and tell him to "make more videos bro!"

    When he goes bust and no one is there telling him how awesome he is, then what? Fuk him, onto the next?

    I'd love to see one of the more mature, strict money management, members of this forum document a Vegas run. That'd be badasss.

     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:09 PM ET #5728

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    So now my comments after your now disproven initial argument take precedence. Let's just ignore the very thing you accused me of is false.

    I don't even bet second halves and have never posted one.  So much for your fairy tales to defame me"

    I have already admitted in this thread you were right about me betting ONE second half in my entire history of covers.


    "I take responsibility for my picks.  Put a solid cap on it."

    I did cap that game. Just didn't write it up. How much time do you think I have to write-up a novella about a second half play???

    And as expected, it hit. The Lakers are one of the teams I focus on.

    Anything else from you or your new lackey that popped up?


    Here is the bankroll quote I was thinking of...  From the Giants/Jags thread post #238....     The 'tilt' play came 11 minutes later.  

     But you keep telling CG how he should do things.   You know everything!

    "I should put my whole bankroll on the jets and end this shi* right now and go out with the team that's fu**** me for 26 years.

    Maybe I'll do that.

    Maybe I'll just dump it all on the Jets ML
    and then I won't have anything to write up again?


    I'll think about it.

    Jets ML for all the beans...

    Now you're talking..."

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    So now my comments after your now disproven initial argument take precedence. Let's just ignore the very thing you accused me of is false.

    I don't even bet second halves and have never posted one.  So much for your fairy tales to defame me"

    I have already admitted in this thread you were right about me betting ONE second half in my entire history of covers.


    "I take responsibility for my picks.  Put a solid cap on it."

    I did cap that game. Just didn't write it up. How much time do you think I have to write-up a novella about a second half play???

    And as expected, it hit. The Lakers are one of the teams I focus on.

    Anything else from you or your new lackey that popped up?


    Here is the bankroll quote I was thinking of...  From the Giants/Jags thread post #238....     The 'tilt' play came 11 minutes later.  

     But you keep telling CG how he should do things.   You know everything!

    "I should put my whole bankroll on the jets and end this shi* right now and go out with the team that's fu**** me for 26 years.

    Maybe I'll do that.

    Maybe I'll just dump it all on the Jets ML
    and then I won't have anything to write up again?


    I'll think about it.

    Jets ML for all the beans...

    Now you're talking..."

     
    mikeru3
    mikeru3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 22710
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:11 PM ET #5729

    Post another video! 

    Give the people what they want! 
    Reply
    Post another video! 

    Give the people what they want! 
     
    mbialowas
    mbialowas
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 4681
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:16 PM ET #5730

    Quote Originally Posted by cd329:



    I dont want to see him fail.  I want to see him quit this insane dream which hes not built for, invest what money he has left for the future and go get a normal job.  He just doesnt have the mindeset to ever be a gambler that earns his income solely on gambling.

    I am not trying to rag on you per say, but just amazed at the amount of people that want this KID to go  get a nine to five job and squirrel away all  the money he makes for retirement. He's young, he's in Vegas and he's doing what HE wants. All the power to him, crazy thing, he's doing what makes him happy,  which 95% of the population can't say. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by cd329:



    I dont want to see him fail.  I want to see him quit this insane dream which hes not built for, invest what money he has left for the future and go get a normal job.  He just doesnt have the mindeset to ever be a gambler that earns his income solely on gambling.

    I am not trying to rag on you per say, but just amazed at the amount of people that want this KID to go  get a nine to five job and squirrel away all  the money he makes for retirement. He's young, he's in Vegas and he's doing what HE wants. All the power to him, crazy thing, he's doing what makes him happy,  which 95% of the population can't say. 
     
    BigGame90
    BigGame90
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5069
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:18 PM ET #5731

    If I only had a dollar for every post in this thread.....

    Reply

    If I only had a dollar for every post in this thread.....

     
    L-Jay
    L-Jay
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 8005
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:26 PM ET #5732

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:


    Here is the bankroll quote I was thinking of...  From the Giants/Jags thread post #238....     The 'tilt' play came 11 minutes later.  

     But you keep telling CG how he should do things.   You know everything!

    "I should put my whole bankroll on the jets and end this shi* right now and go out with the team that's fu**** me for 26 years.

    Maybe I'll do that.

    Maybe I'll just dump it all on the Jets ML
    and then I won't have anything to write up again?


    I'll think about it.

    Jets ML for all the beans...

    Now you're talking..."



    It just gets better and better!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:


    Here is the bankroll quote I was thinking of...  From the Giants/Jags thread post #238....     The 'tilt' play came 11 minutes later.  

     But you keep telling CG how he should do things.   You know everything!

    "I should put my whole bankroll on the jets and end this shi* right now and go out with the team that's fu**** me for 26 years.

    Maybe I'll do that.

    Maybe I'll just dump it all on the Jets ML
    and then I won't have anything to write up again?


    I'll think about it.

    Jets ML for all the beans...

    Now you're talking..."



    It just gets better and better!
     
    ILPRATO
    ILPRATO
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 5518
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:31 PM ET #5733

    CG is a genius !

    Great pick with Va. Tech .

    I pounded my man with that gift.
    Reply
    CG is a genius !

    Great pick with Va. Tech .

    I pounded my man with that gift.
     
    Champ_Iz_Here
    Champ_Iz_Here
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2012
    Posts: 1665
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:36 PM ET #5734

    V Tech 
    Reply
    V Tech 
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:36 PM ET #5735

    Am I really going to push or lose this game? Covering the whole fuckking game cmon
    Reply
    Am I really going to push or lose this game? Covering the whole fuckking game cmon
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:38 PM ET #5736

    Scal,

    Friend request sent and PM 

    CG,

    VA TECH!!! NICE CALL BUDDY. I TAILED
    Reply
    Scal,

    Friend request sent and PM 

    CG,

    VA TECH!!! NICE CALL BUDDY. I TAILED
     
    3DTV
    3DTV
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 382
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:39 PM ET #5737

    I am sorry but CG is far from happy. He is a lonely, lost soul who is chasing a dream that is out of his reach. He is lacking in every facet of the game.

    If Vegas truly is his happy place he should line up a part time gig at the minimum. I want to root for him but this journey gets sadder by the day.

    What happened to Mr Humble? Not to high not to low? 1st losing day resulted in a K play. 1st losing streak a 5K play.

    The best part is CG clearly only reads or rather sees what he wants to. He continues to ignore all the solid advice and relish in the hanger on'a praise. Bankroll management IMHO is about adjusting according to your roll. CG has no clue what he is doing nor a plan.

    The saddest thing of all is he lives for this forum. The best thing he could do which I have continued to encourage him is to stay away from these forums. Make some real life friends and stop sweating every game.

    CG if you read this post 3dtv is a tool to confirm. GL kid, you will need it.
    Reply
    I am sorry but CG is far from happy. He is a lonely, lost soul who is chasing a dream that is out of his reach. He is lacking in every facet of the game.

    If Vegas truly is his happy place he should line up a part time gig at the minimum. I want to root for him but this journey gets sadder by the day.

    What happened to Mr Humble? Not to high not to low? 1st losing day resulted in a K play. 1st losing streak a 5K play.

    The best part is CG clearly only reads or rather sees what he wants to. He continues to ignore all the solid advice and relish in the hanger on'a praise. Bankroll management IMHO is about adjusting according to your roll. CG has no clue what he is doing nor a plan.

    The saddest thing of all is he lives for this forum. The best thing he could do which I have continued to encourage him is to stay away from these forums. Make some real life friends and stop sweating every game.

    CG if you read this post 3dtv is a tool to confirm. GL kid, you will need it.
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:40 PM ET #5738

    HOKIES $$ thank god they didn't foul down ten
    Reply
    HOKIES $$ thank god they didn't foul down ten
     
    Laroja
    Laroja
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 12241
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:45 PM ET #5739

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Am I really going to push or lose this game? Covering the whole fuckking game cmon

    sounds more like a degen than a pro.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Am I really going to push or lose this game? Covering the whole fuckking game cmon

    sounds more like a degen than a pro.
     
    mbialowas
    mbialowas
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 4681
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:48 PM ET #5740

    Good to see you're getting your mojo back CG! Get back in the right mind frs me is key!

    Big fuckking salad 
    Anorexic Milf
    Slab of Tilapia
    Up early capping
    Workout
    Tall Boys ( quit drinking Bud light though, drink a man's beer)

    Mojo baby, mojo
    Reply
    Good to see you're getting your mojo back CG! Get back in the right mind frs me is key!

    Big fuckking salad 
    Anorexic Milf
    Slab of Tilapia
    Up early capping
    Workout
    Tall Boys ( quit drinking Bud light though, drink a man's beer)

    Mojo baby, mojo
     
    3DTV
    3DTV
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 382
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:48 PM ET #5741

    Updated "Pro" numbers?
    Reply
    Updated "Pro" numbers?
     
    Laroja
    Laroja
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 12241
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:52 PM ET #5742

    I think he's down around 2.6k so far.
    Reply
    I think he's down around 2.6k so far.
     
    Ballerholic
    Ballerholic
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 145
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:53 PM ET #5743

    Quote Originally Posted by ILPRATO:

    CG is a genius !Great pick with Va. Tech .I pounded my man with that gift.


    Ayooo
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ILPRATO:

    CG is a genius !Great pick with Va. Tech .I pounded my man with that gift.


    Ayooo
     
    cd329
    cd329
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2004
    Posts: 23765
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:53 PM ET #5744

    Quote Originally Posted by mbialowas:


    I am not trying to rag on you per say, but just amazed at the amount of people that want this KID to go  get a nine to five job and squirrel away all  the money he makes for retirement. He's young, he's in Vegas and he's doing what HE wants. All the power to him, crazy thing, he's doing what makes him happy,  which 95% of the population can't say. 


    Will just have to wait and see how happy he is in 40's broke with no no job.

    Just because somebody saves up 30k, that doesnt mean that they are now able to gamble for a living the rest of their lives because thats their dream job.

    Its great hes having a fun time right now, but hes not even preparing for the future and this gig failing.

    I have already said it many times, he is not built for being a pro gambler, way to may personality disorders.

    I just would hate to see his best earning years pissed away, because he was chasing some dream that maybe 3-5 percent in the world are capable of pulling off
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mbialowas:


    I am not trying to rag on you per say, but just amazed at the amount of people that want this KID to go  get a nine to five job and squirrel away all  the money he makes for retirement. He's young, he's in Vegas and he's doing what HE wants. All the power to him, crazy thing, he's doing what makes him happy,  which 95% of the population can't say. 


    Will just have to wait and see how happy he is in 40's broke with no no job.

    Just because somebody saves up 30k, that doesnt mean that they are now able to gamble for a living the rest of their lives because thats their dream job.

    Its great hes having a fun time right now, but hes not even preparing for the future and this gig failing.

    I have already said it many times, he is not built for being a pro gambler, way to may personality disorders.

    I just would hate to see his best earning years pissed away, because he was chasing some dream that maybe 3-5 percent in the world are capable of pulling off
     
    corey407woc
    corey407woc
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 335
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:56 PM ET #5745

    Quote Originally Posted by cd329:



    Will just have to wait and see how happy he is in 40's broke with no no job.

    Just because somebody saves up 30k, that doesnt mean that they are now able to gamble for a living the rest of their lives because thats their dream job.

    Its great hes having a fun time right now, but hes not even preparing for the future and this gig failing.

    I have already said it many times, he is not built for being a pro gambler, way to may personality disorders.

    I just would hate to see his best earning years pissed away, because he was chasing some dream that maybe 3-5 percent in the world are capable of pulling off

    This.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by cd329:



    Will just have to wait and see how happy he is in 40's broke with no no job.

    Just because somebody saves up 30k, that doesnt mean that they are now able to gamble for a living the rest of their lives because thats their dream job.

    Its great hes having a fun time right now, but hes not even preparing for the future and this gig failing.

    I have already said it many times, he is not built for being a pro gambler, way to may personality disorders.

    I just would hate to see his best earning years pissed away, because he was chasing some dream that maybe 3-5 percent in the world are capable of pulling off

    This.
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 11:57 PM ET #5746

    I'm at casino. How was that lucky? Covering every second of game... Only way could have lost was fouling down 10 with 20 seconds left. That was a wire to wire cover. So since my 5.5K bomb loss I'm +1.4K. I'll be + by the weekend. Yet people say how sad it is. Get real
    Reply
    I'm at casino. How was that lucky? Covering every second of game... Only way could have lost was fouling down 10 with 20 seconds left. That was a wire to wire cover. So since my 5.5K bomb loss I'm +1.4K. I'll be + by the weekend. Yet people say how sad it is. Get real
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 12:21 AM ET #5747

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    I'm at casino. How was that lucky? Covering every second of game... Only way could have lost was fouling down 10 with 20 seconds left. That was a wire to wire cover. So since my 5.5K bomb loss I'm +1.4K. I'll be + by the weekend. Yet people say how sad it is. Get real

    +1.4K. That's an interesting way of looking at it. 

    Didn't you say you wanted to go 10-5? You are already 5-3 after the 5K bomb (really 4-3 with a larger play on one game spread out) also with a $100 smoked on a wasted ML too. You have to go 5-2 in your next 7. Not easy the way you are picking.

    I look at it like this: if you don't get the offensive rebound at the end of the PSU game you do not cover the -1.5. So that foul saved you.

    Here, if they foul down 10, possible, you lose that one too. Your 24 seconds and a foul/non-foul in either game from going 1-3 today and possibly 0-4.

    Sounds like I'm discouraging you?

    It's the truth. You got blasted in the WSU game and the TCU game was basically a wire to wire LOSS.

    I would spend a hell of a lot of time capping RIGHT NOW. It's 9:15. What are you gonna watch Family Ties on Nick at Night right now? This is, as you say, your JOB. You're a PRO as you say. What the hell are you doing with the rest of your night. Playing craps?

    Gimmee a break.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    I'm at casino. How was that lucky? Covering every second of game... Only way could have lost was fouling down 10 with 20 seconds left. That was a wire to wire cover. So since my 5.5K bomb loss I'm +1.4K. I'll be + by the weekend. Yet people say how sad it is. Get real

    +1.4K. That's an interesting way of looking at it. 

    Didn't you say you wanted to go 10-5? You are already 5-3 after the 5K bomb (really 4-3 with a larger play on one game spread out) also with a $100 smoked on a wasted ML too. You have to go 5-2 in your next 7. Not easy the way you are picking.

    I look at it like this: if you don't get the offensive rebound at the end of the PSU game you do not cover the -1.5. So that foul saved you.

    Here, if they foul down 10, possible, you lose that one too. Your 24 seconds and a foul/non-foul in either game from going 1-3 today and possibly 0-4.

    Sounds like I'm discouraging you?

    It's the truth. You got blasted in the WSU game and the TCU game was basically a wire to wire LOSS.

    I would spend a hell of a lot of time capping RIGHT NOW. It's 9:15. What are you gonna watch Family Ties on Nick at Night right now? This is, as you say, your JOB. You're a PRO as you say. What the hell are you doing with the rest of your night. Playing craps?

    Gimmee a break.

     
    smacksmiter
    smacksmiter
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 14064
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 12:22 AM ET #5748

    Quote Originally Posted by cd329:



    Will just have to wait and see how happy he is in 40's broke with no no job.

    Just because somebody saves up 30k, that doesnt mean that they are now able to gamble for a living the rest of their lives because thats their dream job.

    Its great hes having a fun time right now, but hes not even preparing for the future and this gig failing.

    I have already said it many times, he is not built for being a pro gambler, way to may personality disorders.

    I just would hate to see his best earning years pissed away, because he was chasing some dream that maybe 3-5 percent in the world are capable of pulling off

    I believe there are very few who would describe their early, mid and late twenties as their "best earning years".  Typical American males best earning years are from the mid 40's to the early 60's. 

    But that is not the main point of your statement.

    Your main point brings up several other questions...namely, how does one prepare one's self for a professional sports wagering career?  I mean, as far as I know, there are no university level courses in that specific field of study.  Of course, you could study statistics, mathematics, computer sciences, etc., etc...but nothing directly, head on "Sports Wagering and Investment 101".

    I believe I am safe in saying that everyone who did achieve that exalted status of the 3-5% crowd did it in the school of trial and error and hard knocks.  And what better time to go to that school than right now for CG?

    No wife, no kids, no commitments.  Many, many years of earning potential ahead of him should he need to go back to work.

    Your statements make no logical sense.  Logically, this is the best time for him to be in this graduate course.  Don't take me wrong, he has thumbed his nose at some very good professors with some very good and valuable advice here at Covers Professional Sports Investor Academy.  He has made some F grades on some of his tests so far...but he has not flunked out.

    There is still the possibility that he could pass the course.  If there was ever a time, it is now.  Not later....NOW.

    His 30k tuition is small fry compared to what he would be paying for a couple of semesters at any other top level business graduate school in the country.  

    There is plenty of time to prepare for the future.  There is only ONE time to find out if he has what it takes to be the 3-5%.

    Lighten up.  Be a teacher...a professor.  So what if he doesn't listen all the time.  Give the information.  Some of it will seep in by osmosis.  Even if he has to learn the hard way, the more he hears of the right way to do things and then has his experience correlate and confirm it, he will start picking it up.

    PM for the skinny on the down low
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by cd329:



    Will just have to wait and see how happy he is in 40's broke with no no job.

    Just because somebody saves up 30k, that doesnt mean that they are now able to gamble for a living the rest of their lives because thats their dream job.

    Its great hes having a fun time right now, but hes not even preparing for the future and this gig failing.

    I have already said it many times, he is not built for being a pro gambler, way to may personality disorders.

    I just would hate to see his best earning years pissed away, because he was chasing some dream that maybe 3-5 percent in the world are capable of pulling off

    I believe there are very few who would describe their early, mid and late twenties as their "best earning years".  Typical American males best earning years are from the mid 40's to the early 60's. 

    But that is not the main point of your statement.

    Your main point brings up several other questions...namely, how does one prepare one's self for a professional sports wagering career?  I mean, as far as I know, there are no university level courses in that specific field of study.  Of course, you could study statistics, mathematics, computer sciences, etc., etc...but nothing directly, head on "Sports Wagering and Investment 101".

    I believe I am safe in saying that everyone who did achieve that exalted status of the 3-5% crowd did it in the school of trial and error and hard knocks.  And what better time to go to that school than right now for CG?

    No wife, no kids, no commitments.  Many, many years of earning potential ahead of him should he need to go back to work.

    Your statements make no logical sense.  Logically, this is the best time for him to be in this graduate course.  Don't take me wrong, he has thumbed his nose at some very good professors with some very good and valuable advice here at Covers Professional Sports Investor Academy.  He has made some F grades on some of his tests so far...but he has not flunked out.

    There is still the possibility that he could pass the course.  If there was ever a time, it is now.  Not later....NOW.

    His 30k tuition is small fry compared to what he would be paying for a couple of semesters at any other top level business graduate school in the country.  

    There is plenty of time to prepare for the future.  There is only ONE time to find out if he has what it takes to be the 3-5%.

    Lighten up.  Be a teacher...a professor.  So what if he doesn't listen all the time.  Give the information.  Some of it will seep in by osmosis.  Even if he has to learn the hard way, the more he hears of the right way to do things and then has his experience correlate and confirm it, he will start picking it up.

     
    guada21
    guada21
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2015
    Posts: 270
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 12:23 AM ET #5749

    go to hell college gambler. i hope you lose it all
    Reply
    go to hell college gambler. i hope you lose it all
     
     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 12:27 AM ET #5750

    Quote Originally Posted by Laroja:


    He's been telling people who are trying to help him out to fvck off and shove it. But overall I agree with you.

    This is an example where people mostly see what they want to see.

    For the most part, he has been straight up with people and told them he is going to do it his way and doesn't want advice.  Yeah, he's gotten pissed once in a while and gone off on a tirade or two, but he's also had to deal with more than his share of morons (and he should also expect he's going to see a few with the things he's done ).  

    He's said from day 1 that this was a thread so people could follow along.  Maybe he likes the attention.  But he's never changed his tune as to what this was all about.  He's never gone off on anyone who has been serious about giving him advice....he just said he didn't want it. 

    No need to make this more complicated than it is IMO.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Laroja:


    He's been telling people who are trying to help him out to fvck off and shove it. But overall I agree with you.

    This is an example where people mostly see what they want to see.

    For the most part, he has been straight up with people and told them he is going to do it his way and doesn't want advice.  Yeah, he's gotten pissed once in a while and gone off on a tirade or two, but he's also had to deal with more than his share of morons (and he should also expect he's going to see a few with the things he's done ).  

    He's said from day 1 that this was a thread so people could follow along.  Maybe he likes the attention.  But he's never changed his tune as to what this was all about.  He's never gone off on anyone who has been serious about giving him advice....he just said he didn't want it. 

    No need to make this more complicated than it is IMO.  
    All Forums | The Archives
    «First Previous 230231232 ... 567568569 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,499
    • Monday 10/05/2026 598
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,712
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 692
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,375
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,303
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,529
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,893
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,321
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 17,036

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.