• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Other

    HoH's AFL - Round 17

    «First Previous 1234
    rod_steel
    HeadOverHeart
    P-C
    ecoute
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1119
    Posts: 92
    «First Previous 1234
     
    rod_steel
    rod_steel
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2005
    Posts: 102561
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2008 - 2:38 AM ET #76

    Dees need a goal now...
    Reply
    Dees need a goal now...
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2008 - 2:39 AM ET #77

    98-70

    Again, what are the odds for EXACTLY a 28-point win for the Roos?


    Reply
    98-70

    Again, what are the odds for EXACTLY a 28-point win for the Roos?


     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2008 - 2:41 AM ET #78

    SIREN.

    98-70 FINAL.

    Hey Rod, do you believe me now?

    It's not that I lose...........but HOW IT HAPPENS.

    Surely you have to be shaking your head as well.......
    Reply
    SIREN.

    98-70 FINAL.

    Hey Rod, do you believe me now?

    It's not that I lose...........but HOW IT HAPPENS.

    Surely you have to be shaking your head as well.......
     
    rod_steel
    rod_steel
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2005
    Posts: 102561
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2008 - 2:42 AM ET #79

    Sorry man, thought the Dees were going to cover halfway through that last qtr
    Reply
    Sorry man, thought the Dees were going to cover halfway through that last qtr
     
    rod_steel
    rod_steel
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2005
    Posts: 102561
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2008 - 2:45 AM ET #80

    Quote Originally Posted by HeadOverHeart:

    SIREN.

    98-70 FINAL.

    Hey Rod, do you believe me now?

    It's not that I lose...........but HOW IT HAPPENS.

    Surely you have to be shaking your head as well.......

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadOverHeart:

    SIREN.

    98-70 FINAL.

    Hey Rod, do you believe me now?

    It's not that I lose...........but HOW IT HAPPENS.

    Surely you have to be shaking your head as well.......

     
    P-C
    P-C
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 226
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2008 - 2:47 AM ET #81

    Bugger man, I was hoping there was one more point for the Dees for you...too many stupid mistakes cost in the end. Just keep plugging away, you'll get back on track no matter how bad your streaks go.
    Reply
    Bugger man, I was hoping there was one more point for the Dees for you...too many stupid mistakes cost in the end. Just keep plugging away, you'll get back on track no matter how bad your streaks go.
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2008 - 2:48 AM ET #82

    Without any doubt it was going to be 28 points the margin Rod.

    Hahaha....like I said, I just don't lose, but it is under the most remarkable circumstances.



    Thanks for your support though and cheering the Dees on at the end!    Best for you....................will still chime in for later round so everyone can fade my picks!  Hahaha!
    Reply
    Without any doubt it was going to be 28 points the margin Rod.

    Hahaha....like I said, I just don't lose, but it is under the most remarkable circumstances.



    Thanks for your support though and cheering the Dees on at the end!    Best for you....................will still chime in for later round so everyone can fade my picks!  Hahaha!
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2008 - 2:58 AM ET #83

    Quote Originally Posted by P-C:

    Bugger man, I was hoping there was one more point for the Dees for you...too many stupid mistakes cost in the end. Just keep plugging away, you'll get back on track no matter how bad your streaks go.


    Thanks mate. 

    I think, since this forum has been so awesome this AFL/NRL season, I have to share this with you guys.

    I had a German friend who was a very sensitive type (reads people, sees things in advance, etc.) and years ago while visiting her and her friends in Germany, quite out of the blue while drinking coffee, she told me that I will be forever unbalanced in gambling and love.  She then said in German, "Lucky in gambling, poor in love.  Lucky in love, poor in gambling."  At that time, every thing I touched turned to gold like Midas.  She said that sometime in the future, that would change and once you were truly happy and surrounded in love, you would suffer some big gambling defeats........and that would be your sign.  I asked her what did she mean by "big gambling defeats?"  She said she didn't know for sure, but that it would be known to you when it happened.  No mistaking it.

    My daughter was born four months ago and I am currently heads-over-heels in love like I never thought possible.

    I think the time she mentioned has arrived.  And that is why I am not much upset over what has been happening (Brisbane down to Melb., Hawthorn up 34 loses to the Saints, miss a huge wager on the Raiders yesterday by literally 10 seconds, Storm shit the bed, Dees lose on a behind....etc., etc., etc.) as it means that I have truly found it.

    The time has arrived and I guess it's always been in the pipeline.

    No worries. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by P-C:

    Bugger man, I was hoping there was one more point for the Dees for you...too many stupid mistakes cost in the end. Just keep plugging away, you'll get back on track no matter how bad your streaks go.


    Thanks mate. 

    I think, since this forum has been so awesome this AFL/NRL season, I have to share this with you guys.

    I had a German friend who was a very sensitive type (reads people, sees things in advance, etc.) and years ago while visiting her and her friends in Germany, quite out of the blue while drinking coffee, she told me that I will be forever unbalanced in gambling and love.  She then said in German, "Lucky in gambling, poor in love.  Lucky in love, poor in gambling."  At that time, every thing I touched turned to gold like Midas.  She said that sometime in the future, that would change and once you were truly happy and surrounded in love, you would suffer some big gambling defeats........and that would be your sign.  I asked her what did she mean by "big gambling defeats?"  She said she didn't know for sure, but that it would be known to you when it happened.  No mistaking it.

    My daughter was born four months ago and I am currently heads-over-heels in love like I never thought possible.

    I think the time she mentioned has arrived.  And that is why I am not much upset over what has been happening (Brisbane down to Melb., Hawthorn up 34 loses to the Saints, miss a huge wager on the Raiders yesterday by literally 10 seconds, Storm shit the bed, Dees lose on a behind....etc., etc., etc.) as it means that I have truly found it.

    The time has arrived and I guess it's always been in the pipeline.

    No worries. 
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2008 - 3:00 AM ET #84

    If the Blues cover the 21.5, by the way, ALL DOGS WILL HAVE COVERED........................except the SINGLE ONE I wagered on......the Dees by a half-point.

    HAHAHAHA!

    Guess what I think will happen? 
    Reply
    If the Blues cover the 21.5, by the way, ALL DOGS WILL HAVE COVERED........................except the SINGLE ONE I wagered on......the Dees by a half-point.

    HAHAHAHA!

    Guess what I think will happen? 
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2008 - 8:55 AM ET #85

    And there it is folks...........the coup de grace of kisses of death.

    Kiss the Storm......win of the year for the Warriors and perhaps upset of the season as well.

    Take on the Dees with the points...........EVERY SINGLE DOG IN HE AFL COVERS THIS ROUND............except the Dees and that was only by a stinking half-point.


    Reply
    And there it is folks...........the coup de grace of kisses of death.

    Kiss the Storm......win of the year for the Warriors and perhaps upset of the season as well.

    Take on the Dees with the points...........EVERY SINGLE DOG IN HE AFL COVERS THIS ROUND............except the Dees and that was only by a stinking half-point.


     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2008 - 8:55 AM ET #86

    I don't believe in coincidence.
    Reply
    I don't believe in coincidence.
     
    ecoute
    ecoute
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 7174
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2008 - 6:23 PM ET #87

    We got mauled this round.
    Reply
    We got mauled this round.
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2008 - 12:07 AM ET #88

    Quote Originally Posted by ecoute:

    We got mauled this round.


    Which would be the understatement of the year.

    I am finished for this season.  Will wait until next season AFL/NRL until I can weasel my way into an OZ book so I can get the lines/margins/wagers I want and not be hog-tied by the U.S. bullshit.

    I will still give my picks, which you should immediately fade. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoute:

    We got mauled this round.


    Which would be the understatement of the year.

    I am finished for this season.  Will wait until next season AFL/NRL until I can weasel my way into an OZ book so I can get the lines/margins/wagers I want and not be hog-tied by the U.S. bullshit.

    I will still give my picks, which you should immediately fade. 


     
    ecoute
    ecoute
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 7174
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2008 - 12:39 AM ET #89

    I thought you got that sorted out mate ?
    Reply
    I thought you got that sorted out mate ?
     
    rod_steel
    rod_steel
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2005
    Posts: 102561
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2008 - 12:49 AM ET #90

    Will see you next week HoH
    Reply
    Will see you next week HoH
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2008 - 11:35 PM ET #91

    Quote Originally Posted by ecoute:

    I thought you got that sorted out mate ?


    Nope.  But will definitely get me into one before the start of AFL next season.  OZ books offer way too many wager types to take advantage of and I don't want to be slave to the line betting and occasional ML betting only.

    The major OZ books are off limits, but some of the smaller ones, yet still trust-worthy, seemed open to a don't-ask, don't-tell policy.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoute:

    I thought you got that sorted out mate ?


    Nope.  But will definitely get me into one before the start of AFL next season.  OZ books offer way too many wager types to take advantage of and I don't want to be slave to the line betting and occasional ML betting only.

    The major OZ books are off limits, but some of the smaller ones, yet still trust-worthy, seemed open to a don't-ask, don't-tell policy.
     
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2008 - 11:36 PM ET #92

    Quote Originally Posted by rod_steel:

    Will see you next week HoH




    And with me will come my instant-fade picks.

    Then again, they couldn't get any worse than they are now!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rod_steel:

    Will see you next week HoH




    And with me will come my instant-fade picks.

    Then again, they couldn't get any worse than they are now!
    All Forums | Other
    «First Previous 1234

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,567
    • Monday 09/28/2026 766
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,184
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,734
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,032
    • HELP PLEASE 1,619
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 1,999
    • Mike Trout Strikeouts 7,153
    • Another BS PI 981
    • King of Covers Winner List 12,244

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.