• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NHL Betting Forum

    General Sharps 2014-2015 NHL Picks

    «First Previous 464748 ... 474849 Next Last»
    HockeyGuruNHL
    Russ-SVTF150
    ALabbe08
    magyarsvensk
    GeneralSharp
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 133647
    Posts: 1204
    «First Previous 464748 ... 474849 Next Last»
     
    HockeyGuruNHL
    HockeyGuruNHL
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 95
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 5:39 PM ET #1126

    chase iz chase
    Reply
    chase iz chase
     
    Russ-SVTF150
    Russ-SVTF150
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 101
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 6:26 PM ET #1127

    Thanks Gen good luck tonight!!!
    Reply
    Thanks Gen good luck tonight!!!
     
    ALabbe08
    ALabbe08
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 17
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 6:36 PM ET #1128

    BOL General !


    Reply
    BOL General !


     
    magyarsvensk
    magyarsvensk
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 31
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 8:45 PM ET #1129

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    If you bothered to read the thread, you would see I have said NUMEROUS times these are NOT parlays I bet. These are just my best guess parlays. I was asked by many people to post them because they just want to bet for action. That is why the record is separate. 
    Oh really? Because in this earlier quote of yours you say that you _do_ bet the parlays and there is no mention of people begging you to post picks that you don't actually bet. My bad on assuming that you would include all of your recommended bets in your overall record. Sometimes I just assume that people have integrity. I have to remind myself that it's not always a given. 
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    Parlay Special: This is a very, very rare play, but I absolutely love
    this parlay. I do parlays very rarely in NHL, but once in awhile I will
    combine a few big favorite plays with some soft lines (SJ, LAK).
    Sure sounds like you actually intended to bet that first parlay. I don't know at what point in your epic losing streak you changed your tune, but regardless, it strikes me as kinda shady. 
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    It blows my mind how stupid you are. This isn't the first time you made false accusations. Why don't you get a life instead of try to attack others without merit. I feel sorry for you because I know you probably bet your last cash advance on one of my plays and lost and are just venting. It's ok. I forgive you. 
    I'm making false accusations about you, but you accuse me of betting your picks (lol) with my last cash advance? Way to go squeezing that amount of hypocrisy into one short paragraph. In the future maybe you should spread it out a bit so that it's not so obvious. 

    I never insult the intelligence or looks of other people, but it's clear that you have no such scruples. It's actually very sad, but serves to explain your rather overt narcissism. How much money are you going to let your covers cult lose before you stop bullshitting them? 

    As I said before, schadenfreude is really not something I engage in, but I know a charlatan when I see one (and a nasty one at that). Cheers, General. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    If you bothered to read the thread, you would see I have said NUMEROUS times these are NOT parlays I bet. These are just my best guess parlays. I was asked by many people to post them because they just want to bet for action. That is why the record is separate. 
    Oh really? Because in this earlier quote of yours you say that you _do_ bet the parlays and there is no mention of people begging you to post picks that you don't actually bet. My bad on assuming that you would include all of your recommended bets in your overall record. Sometimes I just assume that people have integrity. I have to remind myself that it's not always a given. 
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    Parlay Special: This is a very, very rare play, but I absolutely love
    this parlay. I do parlays very rarely in NHL, but once in awhile I will
    combine a few big favorite plays with some soft lines (SJ, LAK).
    Sure sounds like you actually intended to bet that first parlay. I don't know at what point in your epic losing streak you changed your tune, but regardless, it strikes me as kinda shady. 
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    It blows my mind how stupid you are. This isn't the first time you made false accusations. Why don't you get a life instead of try to attack others without merit. I feel sorry for you because I know you probably bet your last cash advance on one of my plays and lost and are just venting. It's ok. I forgive you. 
    I'm making false accusations about you, but you accuse me of betting your picks (lol) with my last cash advance? Way to go squeezing that amount of hypocrisy into one short paragraph. In the future maybe you should spread it out a bit so that it's not so obvious. 

    I never insult the intelligence or looks of other people, but it's clear that you have no such scruples. It's actually very sad, but serves to explain your rather overt narcissism. How much money are you going to let your covers cult lose before you stop bullshitting them? 

    As I said before, schadenfreude is really not something I engage in, but I know a charlatan when I see one (and a nasty one at that). Cheers, General. 
     
    HockeyGuruNHL
    HockeyGuruNHL
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 95
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 10:45 PM ET #1130

    Reply
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 12:55 AM ET #1131

    Quote Originally Posted by magyarsvensk:

    Oh really? Because in this earlier quote of yours you say that you _do_ bet the parlays and there is no mention of people begging you to post picks that you don't actually bet. My bad on assuming that you would include all of your recommended bets in your overall record. Sometimes I just assume that people have integrity. I have to remind myself that it's not always a given. 
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    Parlay Special: This is a very, very rare play, but I absolutely love
    this parlay. I do parlays very rarely in NHL, but once in awhile I will
    combine a few big favorite plays with some soft lines (SJ, LAK).
    Sure sounds like you actually intended to bet that first parlay. I don't know at what point in your epic losing streak you changed your tune, but regardless, it strikes me as kinda shady. 
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    It blows my mind how stupid you are. This isn't the first time you made false accusations. Why don't you get a life instead of try to attack others without merit. I feel sorry for you because I know you probably bet your last cash advance on one of my plays and lost and are just venting. It's ok. I forgive you. 
    I'm making false accusations about you, but you accuse me of betting your picks (lol) with my last cash advance? Way to go squeezing that amount of hypocrisy into one short paragraph. In the future maybe you should spread it out a bit so that it's not so obvious. 

    I never insult the intelligence or looks of other people, but it's clear that you have no such scruples. It's actually very sad, but serves to explain your rather overt narcissism. How much money are you going to let your covers cult lose before you stop bullshitting them? 

    As I said before, schadenfreude is really not something I engage in, but I know a charlatan when I see one (and a nasty one at that). Cheers, General. 

    You must be a complete idiot. Every play I make is not exactly every single play I post here. I said this over and over but you selectively pick out things that mislead people. People can bet parlays, singles, whatever they want. What I personally bet isn't exactly what is posted. I post +EV plays, and what I think are good parlays. 

    You obviously are an angry person. I am sorry your life is pathetic and you feel the need to make me look bad to reinforce your pathetic mind. If you got beat up in high school, or your girlfriend cheated, or you lost all your money at sports, I am truly sorry for you. Get some help and get a life.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by magyarsvensk:

    Oh really? Because in this earlier quote of yours you say that you _do_ bet the parlays and there is no mention of people begging you to post picks that you don't actually bet. My bad on assuming that you would include all of your recommended bets in your overall record. Sometimes I just assume that people have integrity. I have to remind myself that it's not always a given. 
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    Parlay Special: This is a very, very rare play, but I absolutely love
    this parlay. I do parlays very rarely in NHL, but once in awhile I will
    combine a few big favorite plays with some soft lines (SJ, LAK).
    Sure sounds like you actually intended to bet that first parlay. I don't know at what point in your epic losing streak you changed your tune, but regardless, it strikes me as kinda shady. 
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    It blows my mind how stupid you are. This isn't the first time you made false accusations. Why don't you get a life instead of try to attack others without merit. I feel sorry for you because I know you probably bet your last cash advance on one of my plays and lost and are just venting. It's ok. I forgive you. 
    I'm making false accusations about you, but you accuse me of betting your picks (lol) with my last cash advance? Way to go squeezing that amount of hypocrisy into one short paragraph. In the future maybe you should spread it out a bit so that it's not so obvious. 

    I never insult the intelligence or looks of other people, but it's clear that you have no such scruples. It's actually very sad, but serves to explain your rather overt narcissism. How much money are you going to let your covers cult lose before you stop bullshitting them? 

    As I said before, schadenfreude is really not something I engage in, but I know a charlatan when I see one (and a nasty one at that). Cheers, General. 

    You must be a complete idiot. Every play I make is not exactly every single play I post here. I said this over and over but you selectively pick out things that mislead people. People can bet parlays, singles, whatever they want. What I personally bet isn't exactly what is posted. I post +EV plays, and what I think are good parlays. 

    You obviously are an angry person. I am sorry your life is pathetic and you feel the need to make me look bad to reinforce your pathetic mind. If you got beat up in high school, or your girlfriend cheated, or you lost all your money at sports, I am truly sorry for you. Get some help and get a life.
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 12:58 AM ET #1132

    Was a decent night. Went 3-0 in NBA, and won +1.79 units profit on singles. Parlay lost. Was a long shot, but all things considered was a good night. It's funny how when you win, the haters don't show up. When you lose, they are all over you. I really feel sorry for these people. No life and so much hate. Sad. Oh well. 


    NYR@PIT OVER 5.5 2.11 (+111) - LOSE $100
    NJ ML 1.95 (-105) - LOSE $100
    MTL ML 1.63 (-160) - WIN $163
    TOR@BUF OVER 5.5 2.13 (+113) - WIN $213
    TOR PL -1.5 2.47 (+147) - LOSE $100
    WPG@NAS UNDER 5 1.98 (-102) - WIN $198
    SJ PL -1.5 2.96 (+196) - LOSE $100
    NYI@TB OVER 5.5 1.78 - WIN $178
    TB PL -1.5 2.75 (+175) - WIN $275
    STL PL -1.5 2.52 (+152) - WIN $252
    OTT ML 2.02 (+102) - LOSE $100


    Overall cost of bets: $1100
    Overall winnings: $1279
    Overall profit: +$179, +1.79 units


    Parlay:
    NJ ML 1.95 (-105)
    TOR ML 1.52 (-193)
    SJ ML 1.68 (-147)
    TB ML 1.60 (-166)
    STL ML 1.52 (-190)
    OTT ML 2.02 (+102)
    24.46:1, +2346, Bet $100 to win $2446, $2346 profit - LOSE $100





    2014-2015 NHL Season Single Record to Date: 86W - 105L

    Method: Flat betting Single picks 1 Unit ($100)

    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $10,603

    Total Single Bet Profit in $: +$603
    Total Single Bet Profit in Units: +6.03 units



    Thus far in the 2014-2015 NHL season, overall Single bet profit is +6.03 Units, or $603 flat betting $100 per pick


    Parlay Record is 0W-14L, -$1400, -14.00 Units

    Strongest Play of the Day Record: 1W-1L, -$20, -0.20 Units
    Reply
    Was a decent night. Went 3-0 in NBA, and won +1.79 units profit on singles. Parlay lost. Was a long shot, but all things considered was a good night. It's funny how when you win, the haters don't show up. When you lose, they are all over you. I really feel sorry for these people. No life and so much hate. Sad. Oh well. 


    NYR@PIT OVER 5.5 2.11 (+111) - LOSE $100
    NJ ML 1.95 (-105) - LOSE $100
    MTL ML 1.63 (-160) - WIN $163
    TOR@BUF OVER 5.5 2.13 (+113) - WIN $213
    TOR PL -1.5 2.47 (+147) - LOSE $100
    WPG@NAS UNDER 5 1.98 (-102) - WIN $198
    SJ PL -1.5 2.96 (+196) - LOSE $100
    NYI@TB OVER 5.5 1.78 - WIN $178
    TB PL -1.5 2.75 (+175) - WIN $275
    STL PL -1.5 2.52 (+152) - WIN $252
    OTT ML 2.02 (+102) - LOSE $100


    Overall cost of bets: $1100
    Overall winnings: $1279
    Overall profit: +$179, +1.79 units


    Parlay:
    NJ ML 1.95 (-105)
    TOR ML 1.52 (-193)
    SJ ML 1.68 (-147)
    TB ML 1.60 (-166)
    STL ML 1.52 (-190)
    OTT ML 2.02 (+102)
    24.46:1, +2346, Bet $100 to win $2446, $2346 profit - LOSE $100





    2014-2015 NHL Season Single Record to Date: 86W - 105L

    Method: Flat betting Single picks 1 Unit ($100)

    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $10,603

    Total Single Bet Profit in $: +$603
    Total Single Bet Profit in Units: +6.03 units



    Thus far in the 2014-2015 NHL season, overall Single bet profit is +6.03 Units, or $603 flat betting $100 per pick


    Parlay Record is 0W-14L, -$1400, -14.00 Units

    Strongest Play of the Day Record: 1W-1L, -$20, -0.20 Units
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 5:05 AM ET #1133

    Reply
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 6:01 AM ET #1134

    Quote Originally Posted by magyarsvensk:


    Excuse me? I've been on covers since July perhaps. This is not an alias, this is a real person, and I have never used General's picks. 

    My words "guess" and "figure it out" show a type of realism about betting on sports that comes from having a rigorous mathematics background. No one knows which team will win! Especially in professional sports, these guys are all very good and mostly evenly matched. I think it is easy to overestimate how good a team is based on a very small sample of outcomes. That is what the books WANT you to do. They want you to think that this or that game is a "lock" and that the "cappers fell asleep on this one". Trust me, they wouldn't be in business if they couldn't predict the outcome of games between a +-2.5% margin of error in the long run. If you want to win, you have to accept their expertise as a given and slice and dice the numbers in a way that gives you an edge. 

    Mathematically, that is the only way to win. Picking the "better team" will not yield a profit. 

    90% of my wagers are on dogs, favorites bottom out at -110 max. In professional sports, the "better team" is the dog that WINS that particular matchup, on that particular day; and activates max ROI..mathematically is the use of sabermetrics/formulated stats that are attached to "situational play" handicapping systems, it's a proccess, those that choose to use their own mind, methodology, understand the true value of the "winning edge" you don't make money betting favorites

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by magyarsvensk:


    Excuse me? I've been on covers since July perhaps. This is not an alias, this is a real person, and I have never used General's picks. 

    My words "guess" and "figure it out" show a type of realism about betting on sports that comes from having a rigorous mathematics background. No one knows which team will win! Especially in professional sports, these guys are all very good and mostly evenly matched. I think it is easy to overestimate how good a team is based on a very small sample of outcomes. That is what the books WANT you to do. They want you to think that this or that game is a "lock" and that the "cappers fell asleep on this one". Trust me, they wouldn't be in business if they couldn't predict the outcome of games between a +-2.5% margin of error in the long run. If you want to win, you have to accept their expertise as a given and slice and dice the numbers in a way that gives you an edge. 

    Mathematically, that is the only way to win. Picking the "better team" will not yield a profit. 

    90% of my wagers are on dogs, favorites bottom out at -110 max. In professional sports, the "better team" is the dog that WINS that particular matchup, on that particular day; and activates max ROI..mathematically is the use of sabermetrics/formulated stats that are attached to "situational play" handicapping systems, it's a proccess, those that choose to use their own mind, methodology, understand the true value of the "winning edge" you don't make money betting favorites

     

     
    tomynica
    tomynica
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 71
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 8:28 AM ET #1135

    Reply
     
    MMAwizard
    MMAwizard
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 220
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 9:54 AM ET #1136

    Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

    90% of my wagers are on dogs, favorites bottom out at -110 max. In professional sports, the "better team" is the dog that WINS that particular matchup, on that particular day; and activates max ROI..mathematically is the use of sabermetrics/formulated stats that are attached to "situational play" handicapping systems, it's a proccess, those that choose to use their own mind, methodology, understand the true value of the "winning edge" you don't make money betting favorites

     

    yes you do. I make a lot of money betting favorites in mma. and decent in other sports. You don't bet who his usually the best, you take the % of chance a team will win VS the odds and you choose if their his value in the bet. Exemple.. I would think Anderson silva has a 90% chance to win against nick diaz on one specific night. and has a 1.25 odds. that means the books or public.are giving him a 7/10 shot when I think he has a 9/10 shot. which means the bet has value. this apply to every sports. if you are good at the sports you cap and take into consideration all the angles and still think the bet has value. then its nonsence to say theyre his no profit bo be made in betting favorites.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

    90% of my wagers are on dogs, favorites bottom out at -110 max. In professional sports, the "better team" is the dog that WINS that particular matchup, on that particular day; and activates max ROI..mathematically is the use of sabermetrics/formulated stats that are attached to "situational play" handicapping systems, it's a proccess, those that choose to use their own mind, methodology, understand the true value of the "winning edge" you don't make money betting favorites

     

    yes you do. I make a lot of money betting favorites in mma. and decent in other sports. You don't bet who his usually the best, you take the % of chance a team will win VS the odds and you choose if their his value in the bet. Exemple.. I would think Anderson silva has a 90% chance to win against nick diaz on one specific night. and has a 1.25 odds. that means the books or public.are giving him a 7/10 shot when I think he has a 9/10 shot. which means the bet has value. this apply to every sports. if you are good at the sports you cap and take into consideration all the angles and still think the bet has value. then its nonsence to say theyre his no profit bo be made in betting favorites.
     
    puckbook
    puckbook
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 13
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 12:05 PM ET #1137

    [quote]You must be a complete idiot. Every play I make is not exactly every single play I post here. I said this over and over but you selectively pick out things that mislead people. People can bet parlays, singles, whatever they want. What I personally bet isn't exactly what is posted. I post +EV plays, and what I think are good parlays. 

    You obviously are an angry person. I am sorry your life is pathetic and you feel the need to make me look bad to reinforce your pathetic mind. If you got beat up in high school, or your girlfriend cheated, or you lost all your money at sports, I am truly sorry for you. Get some help and get a life.[/quote]

    LOL. 
    Reply
    [quote]You must be a complete idiot. Every play I make is not exactly every single play I post here. I said this over and over but you selectively pick out things that mislead people. People can bet parlays, singles, whatever they want. What I personally bet isn't exactly what is posted. I post +EV plays, and what I think are good parlays. 

    You obviously are an angry person. I am sorry your life is pathetic and you feel the need to make me look bad to reinforce your pathetic mind. If you got beat up in high school, or your girlfriend cheated, or you lost all your money at sports, I am truly sorry for you. Get some help and get a life.[/quote]

    LOL. 
     
    Rushao
    Rushao
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 57
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 2:04 PM ET #1138

    Hi, General
    First i want to say that i come here to see your picks everynight no matter what.
    Second i want to explain for this fool, that even a kid can came here and post a bunch of picks and still have profit in the end of the week. its possible. But waht insnt possibel is that kid came here and post a bunch of picks every single week and in the end of the season still have profit.
    And General, u dont bet on all picks u tell us? why u dont bet them all?
    Its possible u say wich one of them u going to bet everynight?
    Reply
    Hi, General
    First i want to say that i come here to see your picks everynight no matter what.
    Second i want to explain for this fool, that even a kid can came here and post a bunch of picks and still have profit in the end of the week. its possible. But waht insnt possibel is that kid came here and post a bunch of picks every single week and in the end of the season still have profit.
    And General, u dont bet on all picks u tell us? why u dont bet them all?
    Its possible u say wich one of them u going to bet everynight?
     
    Rushao
    Rushao
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 57
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 2:05 PM ET #1139

    And thanks for ur picks
    Reply
    And thanks for ur picks
     
    JG11
    JG11
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 9
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 3:27 PM ET #1140

    Basically, he is lying to cover his A about not betting all plays he posts because he can't prove he's a winning capper.  A lot of back peddling and delusion here.  Please people, do your own homework.  General is NOT a winning handicapper and does not understand +EV.  
    Reply
    Basically, he is lying to cover his A about not betting all plays he posts because he can't prove he's a winning capper.  A lot of back peddling and delusion here.  Please people, do your own homework.  General is NOT a winning handicapper and does not understand +EV.  
     
    tomynica
    tomynica
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 71
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 3:51 PM ET #1141

    Quote Originally Posted by JG11:

    General is NOT a winning handicapper and does not understand +EV.  


    Yea, that's probably why he is 6 units in profit after 5 weeks. You're clueless.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JG11:

    General is NOT a winning handicapper and does not understand +EV.  


    Yea, that's probably why he is 6 units in profit after 5 weeks. You're clueless.
     
    MattyNice22
    MattyNice22
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 10
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 4:40 PM ET #1142

    Anything for tonight Gen?
    Reply
    Anything for tonight Gen?
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 4:43 PM ET #1143

    Just to be clear, every pick I post here is a pick I would bet. I would never post plays I think are -EV. Some days I just can't get bets in time. Others I play actually more. Some days I will take a parlay. It all really depends on the flow.

    When I have a bad weak, I am in research mode. I look into why plays failed. I re-evaluate and try to optimize. 

    If some internet loser comes in and calls me a losing player after 2 months of posting, he is an idiot. A 2 month sample size is a drop in the bucket. Any logical intelligent person would understand it is about the long run, it's about managing your money and betting +EV plays. And just for the record, I have posted a profit overall in NBA, MLB, and NHL singles despite this idiots claims. It may not be much yet, but at least I am not a losing player. There can be months of winning streaks, losing streaks, and voids breaking even.

    I am not here to provide picks to get people rich. I am here to talk to the betters, have some good constructive conversation, and give my advice. 


    Will post NHL plays in 10 minutes. Sorry to cut it close but my wife hosted a baby shower and I had to run around picking up food and supplies all day.
    Reply
    Just to be clear, every pick I post here is a pick I would bet. I would never post plays I think are -EV. Some days I just can't get bets in time. Others I play actually more. Some days I will take a parlay. It all really depends on the flow.

    When I have a bad weak, I am in research mode. I look into why plays failed. I re-evaluate and try to optimize. 

    If some internet loser comes in and calls me a losing player after 2 months of posting, he is an idiot. A 2 month sample size is a drop in the bucket. Any logical intelligent person would understand it is about the long run, it's about managing your money and betting +EV plays. And just for the record, I have posted a profit overall in NBA, MLB, and NHL singles despite this idiots claims. It may not be much yet, but at least I am not a losing player. There can be months of winning streaks, losing streaks, and voids breaking even.

    I am not here to provide picks to get people rich. I am here to talk to the betters, have some good constructive conversation, and give my advice. 


    Will post NHL plays in 10 minutes. Sorry to cut it close but my wife hosted a baby shower and I had to run around picking up food and supplies all day.
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 4:44 PM ET #1144

    *bad week, not weak  tiring day...
    Reply
    *bad week, not weak  tiring day...
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 4:49 PM ET #1145

    Today's Plays: Sunday November 16th, 2014 - All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post

    WPG@NAS UNDER 5 1.88 (-113)
    SJ ML 1.80 (-125)
    DAL@CHI OVER 5.5 2.00 (+100)
    MTL@DET OVER 5.5 2.31 (+131)
    ANA PL -1.5 2.52 (+152)
    ARI@EDM OVER 5.5 2.05 (+105)

    Parlay: 1 unit
    SJ ML 1.80 (-125)
    DAL@CHI OVER 5.5 2.00 (+100)
    ANA PL -1.5 2.52 (+152)
    9.07:1, +807, $100 to win $907, $807 profit

    6 plays, 1 parlay

    7 units total. As always, flat bet $100 each. Good luck

    Reply
    Today's Plays: Sunday November 16th, 2014 - All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post

    WPG@NAS UNDER 5 1.88 (-113)
    SJ ML 1.80 (-125)
    DAL@CHI OVER 5.5 2.00 (+100)
    MTL@DET OVER 5.5 2.31 (+131)
    ANA PL -1.5 2.52 (+152)
    ARI@EDM OVER 5.5 2.05 (+105)

    Parlay: 1 unit
    SJ ML 1.80 (-125)
    DAL@CHI OVER 5.5 2.00 (+100)
    ANA PL -1.5 2.52 (+152)
    9.07:1, +807, $100 to win $907, $807 profit

    6 plays, 1 parlay

    7 units total. As always, flat bet $100 each. Good luck

     
    Streaky902
    Streaky902
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 120
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 4:51 PM ET #1146

    The plus ev.... Not defending general but I don't give a f if it's plus or minus ev if I can get them all right. Any win is plus ev. A rare breed of people get over 70% right.
    Reply
    The plus ev.... Not defending general but I don't give a f if it's plus or minus ev if I can get them all right. Any win is plus ev. A rare breed of people get over 70% right.
     
    Rack_Em1
    Rack_Em1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 7
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 5:34 PM ET #1147

    This guy is a joke. He starts the thread claiming he's never had a losing season and begins posting plays. Any logical person would assume those are the ones he plays. Then when he starts losing he comes and says he doesn't take everything he posts. What a joke.
    Reply
    This guy is a joke. He starts the thread claiming he's never had a losing season and begins posting plays. Any logical person would assume those are the ones he plays. Then when he starts losing he comes and says he doesn't take everything he posts. What a joke.
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 5:42 PM ET #1148

    Quote Originally Posted by Rack_Em1:

    This guy is a joke. He starts the thread claiming he's never had a losing season and begins posting plays. Any logical person would assume those are the ones he plays. Then when he starts losing he comes and says he doesn't take everything he posts. What a joke.

    You're life is a joke. You can't even read.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rack_Em1:

    This guy is a joke. He starts the thread claiming he's never had a losing season and begins posting plays. Any logical person would assume those are the ones he plays. Then when he starts losing he comes and says he doesn't take everything he posts. What a joke.

    You're life is a joke. You can't even read.
     
    tomynica
    tomynica
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 71
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 5:52 PM ET #1149

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    You're life is a joke. You can't even read.


    See, that's why i am talking about. That's the best way to deal with such people. Ignore them or troll back. Hilarious
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    You're life is a joke. You can't even read.


    See, that's why i am talking about. That's the best way to deal with such people. Ignore them or troll back. Hilarious
     
     
    Rushao
    Rushao
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 57
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 6:06 PM ET #1150

    General i couldnt understand also what u said about betting on certain picks u post here.
    Can u explain it better?

    Reply
    General i couldnt understand also what u said about betting on certain picks u post here.
    Can u explain it better?

    All Forums | NHL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 464748 ... 474849 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,277
    • PART DEUX 221
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,111
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,656
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,209
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 755
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,176
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,148
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,587

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.