• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NHL Betting Forum

    General Sharps 2014-2015 NHL Picks

    «First Previous 454647 ... 474849 Next Last»
    tomynica
    Motherflickee
    HockeyGuruNHL
    sports_Network
    SFGiants93
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 133647
    Posts: 1204
    «First Previous 454647 ... 474849 Next Last»
     
    tomynica
    tomynica
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 71
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 1:29 PM ET #1101

    General where are you, early games already started.
    Reply
    General where are you, early games already started.
     
    Motherflickee
    Motherflickee
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 1257
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 1:42 PM ET #1102

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGuruNHL:

    Hi guys, tough night. Posting this as General is having a hangover from last night. He will be on soon to post todays plays. To recap yesterday:

    PHI PL -1.5 2.42 (+142) - LOSE $100
    CHI@DET TIE 3.88 (+288) - LOSE $100
    CHI@DET UNDER 5 2.20 (+120) - PUSH
    PIT@TOR OVER 5.5 1.74 (-135) - LOSE $100
    FLA ML 2.00 (+100) - LOSE $100
    PHX@VAN OVER 5.5 2.23 (+123) - LOSE $100

    Overall cost of single bets: $600
    Overall winnings: $100
    Overall profit: -$500


    Parlay:
    PHI PL -1.5 2.52 (+152)
    PIT@TOR OVER 5.5 1.74 (-135)
    VAN ML 1.50 (-200)
    6.57:1, +557, Bet $100 to win $657, +$557 profit - LOSE $100

    2014-2015 NHL Season Single Record to Date: 80W - 95L

    Method: Flat betting Single picks 1 Unit ($100)

    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $10,424

    Total Single Bet Profit in $: +$424
    Total Single Bet Profit in Units: +4.24 



    Thus far in the 2014-2015 NHL season, overall Single bet profit is +4.24 Units, or $424 flat betting $100 per pick.

    Parlay Record is 0W-14L, -$1400, -14.00 Units.

    Where are your picks and your thread "guru" lol
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGuruNHL:

    Hi guys, tough night. Posting this as General is having a hangover from last night. He will be on soon to post todays plays. To recap yesterday:

    PHI PL -1.5 2.42 (+142) - LOSE $100
    CHI@DET TIE 3.88 (+288) - LOSE $100
    CHI@DET UNDER 5 2.20 (+120) - PUSH
    PIT@TOR OVER 5.5 1.74 (-135) - LOSE $100
    FLA ML 2.00 (+100) - LOSE $100
    PHX@VAN OVER 5.5 2.23 (+123) - LOSE $100

    Overall cost of single bets: $600
    Overall winnings: $100
    Overall profit: -$500


    Parlay:
    PHI PL -1.5 2.52 (+152)
    PIT@TOR OVER 5.5 1.74 (-135)
    VAN ML 1.50 (-200)
    6.57:1, +557, Bet $100 to win $657, +$557 profit - LOSE $100

    2014-2015 NHL Season Single Record to Date: 80W - 95L

    Method: Flat betting Single picks 1 Unit ($100)

    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $10,424

    Total Single Bet Profit in $: +$424
    Total Single Bet Profit in Units: +4.24 



    Thus far in the 2014-2015 NHL season, overall Single bet profit is +4.24 Units, or $424 flat betting $100 per pick.

    Parlay Record is 0W-14L, -$1400, -14.00 Units.

    Where are your picks and your thread "guru" lol
     
    HockeyGuruNHL
    HockeyGuruNHL
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 95
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 2:04 PM ET #1103

    my threads? please look at my posts or try find it on this section.

    anyway i only have one play for today.

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/POST01/showmessage.aspx?spt=23&sub=101993966
    Reply
    my threads? please look at my posts or try find it on this section.

    anyway i only have one play for today.

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/POST01/showmessage.aspx?spt=23&sub=101993966
     
    tomynica
    tomynica
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 71
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 2:13 PM ET #1104

    No one really cares. Stop posting your sh*t here and take a walk.
    Reply
    No one really cares. Stop posting your sh*t here and take a walk.
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 2:35 PM ET #1105

    Quote Originally Posted by duchart:


    I understand that it is a possible outcome and I am sure your system said that it could happen. But I would bet that you did not publish that happening as your choice for what was going to happen also I am sure that your system also said that it was highly unlikely to happen.

    and if you did call it send me to the link i would love to read what you have to say in the future!

    An impressive respnse, well said. and a dead give away to the defination of his own words, such as 'guess' and the phrase 'figure it out' what you have here is an extremely dis-grunted degenerate, who followed the thread early, and lost, complained, then activated an alias, so he could publish this type of hypocricy; going into the third and final paragraph his emphisis on Sharp shows nothing but envy (wishing he could be the General, and this is his thread) in his direction, this screen name, whoever he is, needs mental treatment based on his own words. You may also want to make a notation to post #1084 posted by rivermonster, "I totally agree with this"  this in itself, is self describing the poster (it takes one to know one) aliases don't fool anyone, read the forum for 7 years and you pick up on this, you are what your screen name dictates, nothing more, your words are your personality, you don't think of the 250k hits that the forum receives daily; that everone is baffled by an alias's bullschit? with the lone exception of rivermonsterz ref: #1084. who paid tribune to his commentary, now you understand more than before about the forum; you said exactly what I would have, unfortunately the effort of a response, was in my point of view; 'undeserving'

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by duchart:


    I understand that it is a possible outcome and I am sure your system said that it could happen. But I would bet that you did not publish that happening as your choice for what was going to happen also I am sure that your system also said that it was highly unlikely to happen.

    and if you did call it send me to the link i would love to read what you have to say in the future!

    An impressive respnse, well said. and a dead give away to the defination of his own words, such as 'guess' and the phrase 'figure it out' what you have here is an extremely dis-grunted degenerate, who followed the thread early, and lost, complained, then activated an alias, so he could publish this type of hypocricy; going into the third and final paragraph his emphisis on Sharp shows nothing but envy (wishing he could be the General, and this is his thread) in his direction, this screen name, whoever he is, needs mental treatment based on his own words. You may also want to make a notation to post #1084 posted by rivermonster, "I totally agree with this"  this in itself, is self describing the poster (it takes one to know one) aliases don't fool anyone, read the forum for 7 years and you pick up on this, you are what your screen name dictates, nothing more, your words are your personality, you don't think of the 250k hits that the forum receives daily; that everone is baffled by an alias's bullschit? with the lone exception of rivermonsterz ref: #1084. who paid tribune to his commentary, now you understand more than before about the forum; you said exactly what I would have, unfortunately the effort of a response, was in my point of view; 'undeserving'

     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 2:41 PM ET #1106

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGuruNHL:

    my threads? please look at my posts or try find it on this section.

    anyway i only have one play for today.

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/POST01/showmessage.aspx?spt=23&sub=101993966
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGuruNHL:

    my threads? please look at my posts or try find it on this section.

    anyway i only have one play for today.

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/POST01/showmessage.aspx?spt=23&sub=101993966
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 2:47 PM ET #1107

    maybe Sharp had a heart attack, hey General, are you alive?

    0-5 is no reason to fold, don't let the ship sink, it's early; take care

    your a good guy

    Reply

    maybe Sharp had a heart attack, hey General, are you alive?

    0-5 is no reason to fold, don't let the ship sink, it's early; take care

    your a good guy

     
    SFGiants93
    SFGiants93
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 1201
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 2:55 PM ET #1108

    I think Sharp is a good guy too.  Just going through a tough stretch.  Definitely no reason to quit posting the plays but it's also ok to take a day off or lower the number of plays until things start going in the right direction.

    Reply

    I think Sharp is a good guy too.  Just going through a tough stretch.  Definitely no reason to quit posting the plays but it's also ok to take a day off or lower the number of plays until things start going in the right direction.

     
    HockeyGuruNHL
    HockeyGuruNHL
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 95
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 3:23 PM ET #1109

    You all got my point now? one bad beat and hes gone. Real cappers don't do that.
    Reply
    You all got my point now? one bad beat and hes gone. Real cappers don't do that.
     
    tomynica
    tomynica
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 71
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 3:27 PM ET #1110

    Or maybe he just doesn't like any plays for this early games.
    Reply
    Or maybe he just doesn't like any plays for this early games.
     
    magyarsvensk
    magyarsvensk
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 31
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 3:33 PM ET #1111

    Quote Originally Posted by duchart:


    I understand that it is a possible outcome and I am sure your system said that it could happen. But I would bet that you did not publish that happening as your choice for what was going to happen also I am sure that your system also said that it was highly unlikely to happen.

    and if you did call it send me to the link i would love to read what you have to say in the future!

    Well, since you asked.....

    I don't know if the link to my pending picks will work, but here goes: 

    Completed picks: https://contests.covers.com/sportscontests/recordsbydate.aspx?ur=692344&sportID=6
    Pending picks: https://contests.covers.com/sportscontests/pending.aspx?userid=692344&sportID=6

    Disclaimer: This is my first year capping anything with my system. It is still calibrating a good betting threshold. It is slowly improving and should be running full steam within a few weeks. 

    I don't have anything to say about my picks since my computer program makes them for me. I can say that I am a trained artificial intelligence coder and find the prospect of winning at sports betting very intriguing.

    Well, I guess I do have this to say about betting on any sport: statistics over a long period of time are not "incorrect", but they fail to take into account the daily fluctuations of the players' psychologies and emotions. If you believe that the game is even mostly legitimate (i.e. referees do not determine the outcomes of games), then if each player played consistently well each game, the best team would go 82-0 and the worst team would go 0-82. That is not real life. In real life, players get angry, overconfident, lazy, tired, and a whole bunch of other stuff. That's why we have terms like "hot", "cold", "in the zone", etc. My system just tries to quantify all that stuff and make money off of it. 

    Besides that, it's no secret who the better team is. The favorite is the better team given all the obvious circumstances. Bookies have that concept on lockdown. Just look at their record over a long period of time. That is proof positive that trying to pick the better team is not a worthwhile venture. Right now, I am only beating that (given my current calibration) by 2.5% per game, so there is not a lot of room for success either. 

    I should also mention that I do recommend flat betting each pick. Gotta agree with the General on that one. Over time it should all even out, but in the short term, better to risk the same amount for the same expected value. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by duchart:


    I understand that it is a possible outcome and I am sure your system said that it could happen. But I would bet that you did not publish that happening as your choice for what was going to happen also I am sure that your system also said that it was highly unlikely to happen.

    and if you did call it send me to the link i would love to read what you have to say in the future!

    Well, since you asked.....

    I don't know if the link to my pending picks will work, but here goes: 

    Completed picks: https://contests.covers.com/sportscontests/recordsbydate.aspx?ur=692344&sportID=6
    Pending picks: https://contests.covers.com/sportscontests/pending.aspx?userid=692344&sportID=6

    Disclaimer: This is my first year capping anything with my system. It is still calibrating a good betting threshold. It is slowly improving and should be running full steam within a few weeks. 

    I don't have anything to say about my picks since my computer program makes them for me. I can say that I am a trained artificial intelligence coder and find the prospect of winning at sports betting very intriguing.

    Well, I guess I do have this to say about betting on any sport: statistics over a long period of time are not "incorrect", but they fail to take into account the daily fluctuations of the players' psychologies and emotions. If you believe that the game is even mostly legitimate (i.e. referees do not determine the outcomes of games), then if each player played consistently well each game, the best team would go 82-0 and the worst team would go 0-82. That is not real life. In real life, players get angry, overconfident, lazy, tired, and a whole bunch of other stuff. That's why we have terms like "hot", "cold", "in the zone", etc. My system just tries to quantify all that stuff and make money off of it. 

    Besides that, it's no secret who the better team is. The favorite is the better team given all the obvious circumstances. Bookies have that concept on lockdown. Just look at their record over a long period of time. That is proof positive that trying to pick the better team is not a worthwhile venture. Right now, I am only beating that (given my current calibration) by 2.5% per game, so there is not a lot of room for success either. 

    I should also mention that I do recommend flat betting each pick. Gotta agree with the General on that one. Over time it should all even out, but in the short term, better to risk the same amount for the same expected value. 
     
    magyarsvensk
    magyarsvensk
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 31
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 3:39 PM ET #1112

    Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

    An impressive respnse, well said. and a dead give away to the defination of his own words, such as 'guess' and the phrase 'figure it out' what you have here is an extremely dis-grunted degenerate, who followed the thread early, and lost, complained, then activated an alias


    Excuse me? I've been on covers since July perhaps. This is not an alias, this is a real person, and I have never used General's picks. 

    My words "guess" and "figure it out" show a type of realism about betting on sports that comes from having a rigorous mathematics background. No one knows which team will win! Especially in professional sports, these guys are all very good and mostly evenly matched. I think it is easy to overestimate how good a team is based on a very small sample of outcomes. That is what the books WANT you to do. They want you to think that this or that game is a "lock" and that the "cappers fell asleep on this one". Trust me, they wouldn't be in business if they couldn't predict the outcome of games between a +-2.5% margin of error in the long run. If you want to win, you have to accept their expertise as a given and slice and dice the numbers in a way that gives you an edge. 

    Mathematically, that is the only way to win. Picking the "better team" will not yield a profit. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

    An impressive respnse, well said. and a dead give away to the defination of his own words, such as 'guess' and the phrase 'figure it out' what you have here is an extremely dis-grunted degenerate, who followed the thread early, and lost, complained, then activated an alias


    Excuse me? I've been on covers since July perhaps. This is not an alias, this is a real person, and I have never used General's picks. 

    My words "guess" and "figure it out" show a type of realism about betting on sports that comes from having a rigorous mathematics background. No one knows which team will win! Especially in professional sports, these guys are all very good and mostly evenly matched. I think it is easy to overestimate how good a team is based on a very small sample of outcomes. That is what the books WANT you to do. They want you to think that this or that game is a "lock" and that the "cappers fell asleep on this one". Trust me, they wouldn't be in business if they couldn't predict the outcome of games between a +-2.5% margin of error in the long run. If you want to win, you have to accept their expertise as a given and slice and dice the numbers in a way that gives you an edge. 

    Mathematically, that is the only way to win. Picking the "better team" will not yield a profit. 
     
    HockeyGuruNHL
    HockeyGuruNHL
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 95
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 4:20 PM ET #1113

    looks like general left for good and left his "fans" hanging 
    Reply
    looks like general left for good and left his "fans" hanging 
     
    oilcountry99
    oilcountry99
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 1304
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 4:23 PM ET #1114

    There is variance in sports wagering, hockey is a game where anyone can win any night.  The fact that the General has been able to keep in the GREEN, not including his parlays of course is a feat in itself.  We are approaching the 25% mark of the season and he is profiting.  There is a loooong way to go and when game 82 comes around the General will be up a nice profit, I'm quite confident in saying that.

    People expect 'easy money' by following this thread, it's never easy and judgment day doesn't come until the Stanley Cup is awarded so cut the guy some slack, sit tight and watch for the turnaround.....it's coming!
    Reply
    There is variance in sports wagering, hockey is a game where anyone can win any night.  The fact that the General has been able to keep in the GREEN, not including his parlays of course is a feat in itself.  We are approaching the 25% mark of the season and he is profiting.  There is a loooong way to go and when game 82 comes around the General will be up a nice profit, I'm quite confident in saying that.

    People expect 'easy money' by following this thread, it's never easy and judgment day doesn't come until the Stanley Cup is awarded so cut the guy some slack, sit tight and watch for the turnaround.....it's coming!
     
    oilcountry99
    oilcountry99
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 1304
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 4:25 PM ET #1115

    or f**** off, those are the options as I see it!
    Reply
    or f**** off, those are the options as I see it!
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 4:25 PM ET #1116

    Kick in the nuts night going 0-5, 0-1. The last two days make a sports better make them question their skills. It will put doubt in your mind. You may say "F$^^ it" and tilt. You may quit. You may make excuses. The bottom line is I lost big. I will rebound and I will
    turn it around. I do not give up. I know it's about the long run and these days, these weeks can NOT rattle you.


    PHI PL -1.5 2.42 (+142) - LOSE $100
    CHI@DET TIE 3.88 (+288) - LOSE $100
    CHI@DET UNDER 5 2.20 (+120) - push
    PIT@TOR OVER 5.5 1.74 (-135) - LOSE $100
    FLA ML 2.00 (+100) - LOSE $100
    PHX@VAN OVER 5.5 2.23 (+123) - LOSE $100

    Overall cost of bets: $500
    Overall winnings: $0
    Overall profit: -$500, -5 units


    Parlay:
    PHI PL -1.5 2.52 (+152)
    PIT@TOR OVER 5.5 1.74 (-135)
    VAN ML 1.50 (-200)
    6.57:1, +557, Bet $100 to win $657, +$557 profit - Lose $100





    2014-2015 NHL Season Single Record to Date: 80W - 100L

    Method: Flat betting Single picks 1 Unit ($100)

    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $10,424

    Total Single Bet Profit in $: +$424
    Total Single Bet Profit in Units: +4.24 units



    Thus far in the 2014-2015 NHL season, overall Single bet profit is +4.24 Units, or $424 flat betting $100 per pick


    Parlay Record is 0W-13L, -$1300, -14.00 Units

    Strongest Play of the Day Record: 1W-1L, -$20, -0.20 Units
    Reply
    Kick in the nuts night going 0-5, 0-1. The last two days make a sports better make them question their skills. It will put doubt in your mind. You may say "F$^^ it" and tilt. You may quit. You may make excuses. The bottom line is I lost big. I will rebound and I will
    turn it around. I do not give up. I know it's about the long run and these days, these weeks can NOT rattle you.


    PHI PL -1.5 2.42 (+142) - LOSE $100
    CHI@DET TIE 3.88 (+288) - LOSE $100
    CHI@DET UNDER 5 2.20 (+120) - push
    PIT@TOR OVER 5.5 1.74 (-135) - LOSE $100
    FLA ML 2.00 (+100) - LOSE $100
    PHX@VAN OVER 5.5 2.23 (+123) - LOSE $100

    Overall cost of bets: $500
    Overall winnings: $0
    Overall profit: -$500, -5 units


    Parlay:
    PHI PL -1.5 2.52 (+152)
    PIT@TOR OVER 5.5 1.74 (-135)
    VAN ML 1.50 (-200)
    6.57:1, +557, Bet $100 to win $657, +$557 profit - Lose $100





    2014-2015 NHL Season Single Record to Date: 80W - 100L

    Method: Flat betting Single picks 1 Unit ($100)

    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $10,424

    Total Single Bet Profit in $: +$424
    Total Single Bet Profit in Units: +4.24 units



    Thus far in the 2014-2015 NHL season, overall Single bet profit is +4.24 Units, or $424 flat betting $100 per pick


    Parlay Record is 0W-13L, -$1300, -14.00 Units

    Strongest Play of the Day Record: 1W-1L, -$20, -0.20 Units
     
    tomynica
    tomynica
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 71
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 4:28 PM ET #1117

    Reply
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 4:30 PM ET #1118

    The reason why I have not updated last nights record is because I had a busy day. I have 3 kids, two in university and a wife that is obsessed with cleaning. 

    Having a bad night, or week, and losing 5-10 units doesn't phase me. I am a professional. I take it like a professional. I can take a 10% hit to my bankroll and not bat a sweat. 

    There have been some tough losses, but what can you do. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

    When I first signed up to covers, I really thought there were a lot of professionals here doing what I do. What I have learned is there is 10% professionals, doing it properly, and understanding variance. The other 90% are degenerate betters that bet 10-25% of their bankroll on plays. That complain after a bad night. They do this because they don't follow bankroll management. They don't think about the long run.

    Listen, I am not forcing anybody to bet my picks. They are posted and I am just here to chat with and talk to people about the profession. I am sorry if you lost money tailing, but if you cannot understand that there are ups and downs to this business you should not gamble. 


    Reply
    The reason why I have not updated last nights record is because I had a busy day. I have 3 kids, two in university and a wife that is obsessed with cleaning. 

    Having a bad night, or week, and losing 5-10 units doesn't phase me. I am a professional. I take it like a professional. I can take a 10% hit to my bankroll and not bat a sweat. 

    There have been some tough losses, but what can you do. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

    When I first signed up to covers, I really thought there were a lot of professionals here doing what I do. What I have learned is there is 10% professionals, doing it properly, and understanding variance. The other 90% are degenerate betters that bet 10-25% of their bankroll on plays. That complain after a bad night. They do this because they don't follow bankroll management. They don't think about the long run.

    Listen, I am not forcing anybody to bet my picks. They are posted and I am just here to chat with and talk to people about the profession. I am sorry if you lost money tailing, but if you cannot understand that there are ups and downs to this business you should not gamble. 


     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 4:33 PM ET #1119

    I will post my plays in one hour. I will post my plays as much as I can until the end of the season and only than will I make an assessment of my performance. 
    Reply
    I will post my plays in one hour. I will post my plays as much as I can until the end of the season and only than will I make an assessment of my performance. 
     
    magyarsvensk
    magyarsvensk
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 31
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 4:36 PM ET #1120

    Modifying the way you calculate your "Current Bankroll" to not include parlays when it goes negative does not scream professionalism. 
    Reply
    Modifying the way you calculate your "Current Bankroll" to not include parlays when it goes negative does not scream professionalism. 
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 4:39 PM ET #1121

    Thank you tomy, oilcountry, sfgiants, sportsnetwork, ducahrt, and others that understand this grind.

    Sorry I missed the early games. Some person stole my daughters laptop and her room mates laptop from their residence. Had to go and pick up another laptop. She lost all her lecture notes too. I wish I was young enough to find these person and kick their butt.  
    Reply
    Thank you tomy, oilcountry, sfgiants, sportsnetwork, ducahrt, and others that understand this grind.

    Sorry I missed the early games. Some person stole my daughters laptop and her room mates laptop from their residence. Had to go and pick up another laptop. She lost all her lecture notes too. I wish I was young enough to find these person and kick their butt.  
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 4:44 PM ET #1122

    Quote Originally Posted by magyarsvensk:

    Modifying the way you calculate your "Current Bankroll" to not include parlays when it goes negative does not scream professionalism. 

    If you bothered to read the thread, you would see I have said NUMEROUS times these are NOT parlays I bet. These are just my best guess parlays. I was asked by many people to post them because they just want to bet for action. That is why the record is separate. 

    It blows my mind how stupid you are. This isn't the first time you made false accusations. Why don't you get a life instead of try to attack others without merit. I feel sorry for you because I know you probably bet your last cash advance on one of my plays and lost and are just venting. It's ok. I forgive you. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by magyarsvensk:

    Modifying the way you calculate your "Current Bankroll" to not include parlays when it goes negative does not scream professionalism. 

    If you bothered to read the thread, you would see I have said NUMEROUS times these are NOT parlays I bet. These are just my best guess parlays. I was asked by many people to post them because they just want to bet for action. That is why the record is separate. 

    It blows my mind how stupid you are. This isn't the first time you made false accusations. Why don't you get a life instead of try to attack others without merit. I feel sorry for you because I know you probably bet your last cash advance on one of my plays and lost and are just venting. It's ok. I forgive you. 
     
    tomynica
    tomynica
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 71
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 4:57 PM ET #1123

    Would you mind accepting me as a friend? I would like to PM you something. Would appreciate that a lot!
    Reply
    Would you mind accepting me as a friend? I would like to PM you something. Would appreciate that a lot!
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 5:22 PM ET #1124

    Today's Plays: Saturday November 15th, 2014 - All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post.

    Flat bet 1 unit, $100 each.

    NYR@PIT OVER 5.5 2.11 (+111)
    NJ ML 1.95 (-105)
    MTL ML 1.63 (-160)
    TOR@BUF OVER 5.5 2.13 (+113)
    TOR PL -1.5 2.47 (+147)
    WPG@NAS UNDER 5 1.98 (-102)
    SJ PL -1.5 2.96 (+196)
    NYI@TB OVER 5.5 1.78
    TB PL -1.5 2.75 (+175)
    STL PL -1.5 2.52 (+152)
    OTT ML 2.02 (+102)


    Parlay:
    NJ ML 1.95 (-105)
    TOR ML 1.52 (-193)
    SJ ML 1.68 (-147)
    TB ML 1.60 (-166)
    STL ML 1.52 (-190)
    OTT ML 2.02 (+102)
    24.46:1, +2346, Bet $100 to win $2446, $2346 profit


    Good luck guys.
    Reply
    Today's Plays: Saturday November 15th, 2014 - All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post.

    Flat bet 1 unit, $100 each.

    NYR@PIT OVER 5.5 2.11 (+111)
    NJ ML 1.95 (-105)
    MTL ML 1.63 (-160)
    TOR@BUF OVER 5.5 2.13 (+113)
    TOR PL -1.5 2.47 (+147)
    WPG@NAS UNDER 5 1.98 (-102)
    SJ PL -1.5 2.96 (+196)
    NYI@TB OVER 5.5 1.78
    TB PL -1.5 2.75 (+175)
    STL PL -1.5 2.52 (+152)
    OTT ML 2.02 (+102)


    Parlay:
    NJ ML 1.95 (-105)
    TOR ML 1.52 (-193)
    SJ ML 1.68 (-147)
    TB ML 1.60 (-166)
    STL ML 1.52 (-190)
    OTT ML 2.02 (+102)
    24.46:1, +2346, Bet $100 to win $2446, $2346 profit


    Good luck guys.
     
     
    RF1
    RF1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 3095
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2014 - 5:25 PM ET #1125

    That card has bounce back night written all over it.


    BOL Sharp
    Reply
    That card has bounce back night written all over it.


    BOL Sharp
    All Forums | NHL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 454647 ... 474849 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,284
    • PART DEUX 221
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,114
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,663
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,248
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,149
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,587
    • Week 5 Money 5,342
    • Friday 10/02/2026 662

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.