• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NHL Betting Forum

    General Sharps 2014-2015 NHL Picks

    «First Previous 363738 ... 474849 Next Last»
    Motherflickee
    Rack_Em1
    Dmalberty
    GeneralSharp
    ByTheBay
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 133647
    Posts: 1204
    «First Previous 363738 ... 474849 Next Last»
     
    Motherflickee
    Motherflickee
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 1257
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 6:38 AM ET #876

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    Cannot catch a break this season thus far. Can't recall losing so many totals by a goal. LA...get your $%^t together. Very slow start this year, but still in the black. Long season ahead of us.



    Single Bets: Flat bet 1 unit ($100)
    FLA ML 2.34 (+134) - LOSE $100
    MIN ML 1.92 (-108) - LOSE $100
    NAS ML 2.23 (+123) - WIN $223
    TOR ML 2.03 (+103) - LOSE $100
    CAL@TB OVER 5.5 2.09 (+109) - WIN $209
    VAN@SJ OVER 5.5 2.11 (+111) - LOSE $100

    Overall cost of single bets: $600
    Overall winnings: $432
    Overall profit: -$168, 1.68 units



    Parlay: Bet 1 unit, $100
    BOS ML 1.47 - WIN
    STL ML 1.59 - WIN
    LAK ML 1.61 - LOSE
    Odds: 3.76:1, +276, Bet $100 to win $376, $276 profit - LOSE $100, -1 Unit






    2014-2015 NHL Season Single Record to Date: 64W - 73L

    Method: Flat betting Single picks 1 Unit ($100)


    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $10,937

    Total Single Bet Profit in $: +$937
    Total Single Bet Profit in Units: +9.37 units


    Thus far in the 2014-2015 NHL season, overall single bet profit is +9.37 Units, or $937 flat betting $100 per pick


    Parlay record is 0W-8L, -$800, -8.00 Units


    Will post Friday's plays early afternoon. Goodnight guys.

    You're doing your best and putting in a lot of time.  Thank you!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    Cannot catch a break this season thus far. Can't recall losing so many totals by a goal. LA...get your $%^t together. Very slow start this year, but still in the black. Long season ahead of us.



    Single Bets: Flat bet 1 unit ($100)
    FLA ML 2.34 (+134) - LOSE $100
    MIN ML 1.92 (-108) - LOSE $100
    NAS ML 2.23 (+123) - WIN $223
    TOR ML 2.03 (+103) - LOSE $100
    CAL@TB OVER 5.5 2.09 (+109) - WIN $209
    VAN@SJ OVER 5.5 2.11 (+111) - LOSE $100

    Overall cost of single bets: $600
    Overall winnings: $432
    Overall profit: -$168, 1.68 units



    Parlay: Bet 1 unit, $100
    BOS ML 1.47 - WIN
    STL ML 1.59 - WIN
    LAK ML 1.61 - LOSE
    Odds: 3.76:1, +276, Bet $100 to win $376, $276 profit - LOSE $100, -1 Unit






    2014-2015 NHL Season Single Record to Date: 64W - 73L

    Method: Flat betting Single picks 1 Unit ($100)


    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $10,937

    Total Single Bet Profit in $: +$937
    Total Single Bet Profit in Units: +9.37 units


    Thus far in the 2014-2015 NHL season, overall single bet profit is +9.37 Units, or $937 flat betting $100 per pick


    Parlay record is 0W-8L, -$800, -8.00 Units


    Will post Friday's plays early afternoon. Goodnight guys.

    You're doing your best and putting in a lot of time.  Thank you!!
     
    Rack_Em1
    Rack_Em1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 7
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 7:21 AM ET #877

    Ever think about taking 2-4 plays a night instead of betting every game on the board. Gotta be a better chance at coming out ahead
    Reply
    Ever think about taking 2-4 plays a night instead of betting every game on the board. Gotta be a better chance at coming out ahead
     
    Dmalberty
    Dmalberty
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 91
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 11:39 AM ET #878

    General, you said it right! It's a long season! And you're track record in the past proves it will get better with all the time you put into this! Greatly appreciated!
    Reply
    General, you said it right! It's a long season! And you're track record in the past proves it will get better with all the time you put into this! Greatly appreciated!
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 12:06 PM ET #879

    Quote Originally Posted by Rack_Em1:

    Ever think about taking 2-4 plays a night instead of betting every game on the board. Gotta be a better chance at coming out ahead

    I don't bet every game on the board. I have passed on many games this season. It is just the last few days there have been a lot of plays.

    I bet what I think is a +EV play. I don't care if there is 1 or 10 plays a day. That is why I have a 100 unit bankroll. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rack_Em1:

    Ever think about taking 2-4 plays a night instead of betting every game on the board. Gotta be a better chance at coming out ahead

    I don't bet every game on the board. I have passed on many games this season. It is just the last few days there have been a lot of plays.

    I bet what I think is a +EV play. I don't care if there is 1 or 10 plays a day. That is why I have a 100 unit bankroll. 
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 2:02 PM ET #880

    Today's Plays: Friday November 7th 2014 - All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post

    Very rare and interesting night. I see 4 very close matchups. 4 ties. Flat bet each tie 1 unit, $100.

    CLB@CAR TIE 3.79 (+279)
    EDM@BUF TIE 3.80 (+280)
    NJ@DET TIE 4.01 (+301)
    WAS@CHI TIE 4.14 (+314)

    Parlay:
    BUF ML
    CHI ML
    ANA ML
    4.89:1, +389, bet 1 unit, $100 to win $489, +$389 profit

    Good luck guys.
    Reply
    Today's Plays: Friday November 7th 2014 - All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post

    Very rare and interesting night. I see 4 very close matchups. 4 ties. Flat bet each tie 1 unit, $100.

    CLB@CAR TIE 3.79 (+279)
    EDM@BUF TIE 3.80 (+280)
    NJ@DET TIE 4.01 (+301)
    WAS@CHI TIE 4.14 (+314)

    Parlay:
    BUF ML
    CHI ML
    ANA ML
    4.89:1, +389, bet 1 unit, $100 to win $489, +$389 profit

    Good luck guys.
     
    ByTheBay
    ByTheBay
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 4793
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 2:16 PM ET #881

    Should be interesting watching Buffalo and Chicago tonight. For the first 60 minutes of the game we hope for a tie and then in OT, SO we need a win. I'll need beer for these two for sure.


    Reply
    Should be interesting watching Buffalo and Chicago tonight. For the first 60 minutes of the game we hope for a tie and then in OT, SO we need a win. I'll need beer for these two for sure.


     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 2:58 PM ET #882

    That is exactly what I believe. Good luck bythebay 
    Reply
    That is exactly what I believe. Good luck bythebay 
     
    tomynica
    tomynica
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 71
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 3:04 PM ET #883

    Lets hope for at least 1 tie

    Good luck !!
    Reply
    Lets hope for at least 1 tie

    Good luck !!
     
    Rack_Em1
    Rack_Em1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 7
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 3:17 PM ET #884

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    Today's Plays: Friday November 7th 2014 - All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of postVery rare and interesting night. I see 4 very close matchups. 4 ties. Flat bet each tie 1 unit, $100.CLB@CAR TIE 3.79 (+279)EDM@BUF TIE 3.80 (+280)NJ@DET TIE 4.01 (+301)WAS@CHI TIE 4.14 (+314)Parlay:BUF MLCHI MLANA ML4.89:1, +389, bet 1 unit, $100 to win $489, +$389 profitGood luck guys.



    I am going through a local guy who only offers ties at +240 or +230. Would you recommend still taking those or does the EV not match up. Thanks.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    Today's Plays: Friday November 7th 2014 - All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of postVery rare and interesting night. I see 4 very close matchups. 4 ties. Flat bet each tie 1 unit, $100.CLB@CAR TIE 3.79 (+279)EDM@BUF TIE 3.80 (+280)NJ@DET TIE 4.01 (+301)WAS@CHI TIE 4.14 (+314)Parlay:BUF MLCHI MLANA ML4.89:1, +389, bet 1 unit, $100 to win $489, +$389 profitGood luck guys.



    I am going through a local guy who only offers ties at +240 or +230. Would you recommend still taking those or does the EV not match up. Thanks.
     
    JG11
    JG11
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 9
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 4:13 PM ET #885

    Sorry General, but there's no way I can see these plays as +EV. Wish you all the best - have a great season.  I'm going to stick to football as these NHL plays just seem to be a total crapshoot... maybe it's just the toughest sport to cap but it's eating into my NFL profits too much.  (in your defense, I was not doing 1 unit flat, I was betting to Win 1 unit so the vig has been grinding me down with all these plays).  

    BOL all. 
    Reply
    Sorry General, but there's no way I can see these plays as +EV. Wish you all the best - have a great season.  I'm going to stick to football as these NHL plays just seem to be a total crapshoot... maybe it's just the toughest sport to cap but it's eating into my NFL profits too much.  (in your defense, I was not doing 1 unit flat, I was betting to Win 1 unit so the vig has been grinding me down with all these plays).  

    BOL all. 
     
    tomynica
    tomynica
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 71
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 4:22 PM ET #886

    Yeah, you're right, your comment is crapshoot. We are up nearly 10 units so far, so can't really understand how could it eat your NFL profit. You obviously didn't stick to flat bet 1 unit each play and now you came here to 
    Reply
    Yeah, you're right, your comment is crapshoot. We are up nearly 10 units so far, so can't really understand how could it eat your NFL profit. You obviously didn't stick to flat bet 1 unit each play and now you came here to 
     
    JG11
    JG11
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 9
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 4:39 PM ET #887

    Yea, you're right tomynica - you're up 1.37 units.  I can do math, thanks.  Good luck to you - I do not agree with the logic to bet for a TIE and a Win in a separate parlay.  Can it happen, yes.  Will it, I have no idea and won't be putting my money on the line for that.   I hope for your sake it does happen.   If you read my post you'd see I bet to WIN $100.  So, if you bet a -150 fav I'm laying 150 on the line to win $100.  You're here for someone else to do the work for you - I'm not.  I'm here to make money, daily.  Later.
    Reply
    Yea, you're right tomynica - you're up 1.37 units.  I can do math, thanks.  Good luck to you - I do not agree with the logic to bet for a TIE and a Win in a separate parlay.  Can it happen, yes.  Will it, I have no idea and won't be putting my money on the line for that.   I hope for your sake it does happen.   If you read my post you'd see I bet to WIN $100.  So, if you bet a -150 fav I'm laying 150 on the line to win $100.  You're here for someone else to do the work for you - I'm not.  I'm here to make money, daily.  Later.
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 5:06 PM ET #888

    Quote Originally Posted by JG11:

    Yea, you're right tomynica - you're up 1.37 units.  I can do math, thanks.  Good luck to you - I do not agree with the logic to bet for a TIE and a Win in a separate parlay.  Can it happen, yes.  Will it, I have no idea and won't be putting my money on the line for that.   I hope for your sake it does happen.   If you read my post you'd see I bet to WIN $100.  So, if you bet a -150 fav I'm laying 150 on the line to win $100.  You're here for someone else to do the work for you - I'm not.  I'm here to make money, daily.  Later.

    Listen, I will help you out because you can't read. The parlays, as I stated numerous times in the thread, are for purely action players and people that want to take a few bigger shots. I said these will be tracked separately and are completely up to the better.

    I also told people to bet up to 1 unit, or far less the control the variance. 95% of my bets are singles. I post these parlays at the request of others. 

    If you don't want to bet, then don't. It's pretty ignorant to call someone a failure after 10% of the season isn't even played and there isn't even a overall loss.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JG11:

    Yea, you're right tomynica - you're up 1.37 units.  I can do math, thanks.  Good luck to you - I do not agree with the logic to bet for a TIE and a Win in a separate parlay.  Can it happen, yes.  Will it, I have no idea and won't be putting my money on the line for that.   I hope for your sake it does happen.   If you read my post you'd see I bet to WIN $100.  So, if you bet a -150 fav I'm laying 150 on the line to win $100.  You're here for someone else to do the work for you - I'm not.  I'm here to make money, daily.  Later.

    Listen, I will help you out because you can't read. The parlays, as I stated numerous times in the thread, are for purely action players and people that want to take a few bigger shots. I said these will be tracked separately and are completely up to the better.

    I also told people to bet up to 1 unit, or far less the control the variance. 95% of my bets are singles. I post these parlays at the request of others. 

    If you don't want to bet, then don't. It's pretty ignorant to call someone a failure after 10% of the season isn't even played and there isn't even a overall loss.
     
    Russ-SVTF150
    Russ-SVTF150
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 101
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 5:22 PM ET #889

    Gen thanks for the picks as always.... been following you all year so far and your hockey has given me something to sweat on those boring weekday nights.  I end up working almost every Sat night... anyway if you have them ready, you could post your picks before noon time est... I hate going to work and not having internet access and not having your picks in, LOL. If not, not a big deal at all Gen, thanks again for the picks!!!! 
    Reply
    Gen thanks for the picks as always.... been following you all year so far and your hockey has given me something to sweat on those boring weekday nights.  I end up working almost every Sat night... anyway if you have them ready, you could post your picks before noon time est... I hate going to work and not having internet access and not having your picks in, LOL. If not, not a big deal at all Gen, thanks again for the picks!!!! 
     
    oreooreo1
    oreooreo1
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2013
    Posts: 619
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 6:03 PM ET #890

    General, thanks for your plays, also could you stop bye the liquor store for me on your way home and pick me up a bottle of crown on your way home and a box of their best cigars for me. Also please make sure all your plays are winners, but it's no big deal if you can't! Lol
    Reply
    General, thanks for your plays, also could you stop bye the liquor store for me on your way home and pick me up a bottle of crown on your way home and a box of their best cigars for me. Also please make sure all your plays are winners, but it's no big deal if you can't! Lol
     
    tomynica
    tomynica
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 71
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 6:06 PM ET #891

    Quote Originally Posted by JG11:

    Yea, you're right tomynica - you're up 1.37 units.  I can do math, thanks.  Good luck to you - I do not agree with the logic to bet for a TIE and a Win in a separate parlay.  Can it happen, yes.  Will it, I have no idea and won't be putting my money on the line for that.   I hope for your sake it does happen.   If you read my post you'd see I bet to WIN $100.  So, if you bet a -150 fav I'm laying 150 on the line to win $100.  You're here for someone else to do the work for you - I'm not.  I'm here to make money, daily.  Later.


    Actually i never played parlays as my bankroll is not that big at the moment, but played every single play he posted here, so i am up 9 units and i am happy with it.

    I believe General is fair and honest man when he's saying he never had a losing season in NHL so far and that's why i decided to follow his plays and will continue to do so throughout the whole season.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JG11:

    Yea, you're right tomynica - you're up 1.37 units.  I can do math, thanks.  Good luck to you - I do not agree with the logic to bet for a TIE and a Win in a separate parlay.  Can it happen, yes.  Will it, I have no idea and won't be putting my money on the line for that.   I hope for your sake it does happen.   If you read my post you'd see I bet to WIN $100.  So, if you bet a -150 fav I'm laying 150 on the line to win $100.  You're here for someone else to do the work for you - I'm not.  I'm here to make money, daily.  Later.


    Actually i never played parlays as my bankroll is not that big at the moment, but played every single play he posted here, so i am up 9 units and i am happy with it.

    I believe General is fair and honest man when he's saying he never had a losing season in NHL so far and that's why i decided to follow his plays and will continue to do so throughout the whole season.
     
    Russ-SVTF150
    Russ-SVTF150
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 101
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 7:43 PM ET #892

    Quote Originally Posted by oreooreo1:

    General, thanks for your plays, also could you stop bye the liquor store for me on your way home and pick me up a bottle of crown on your way home and a box of their best cigars for me. Also please make sure all your plays are winners, but it's no big deal if you can't! Lol

    LOL oreo.....how about some cookies and milk too.....

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by oreooreo1:

    General, thanks for your plays, also could you stop bye the liquor store for me on your way home and pick me up a bottle of crown on your way home and a box of their best cigars for me. Also please make sure all your plays are winners, but it's no big deal if you can't! Lol

    LOL oreo.....how about some cookies and milk too.....

     
    JG11
    JG11
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 9
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 7:52 PM ET #893

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    Listen, I will help you out because you can't read. The parlays, as I stated numerous times in the thread, are for purely action players and people that want to take a few bigger shots. I said these will be tracked separately and are completely up to the better.

    I also told people to bet up to 1 unit, or far less the control the variance. 95% of my bets are singles. I post these parlays at the request of others. 

    If you don't want to bet, then don't. It's pretty ignorant to call someone a failure after 10% of the season isn't even played and there isn't even a overall loss.

    First and foremost, there was NOTHING disrespectful about my post. No need to start a pissing contest with the "you can't read" comment. I wished you nothing but the best and supported you along the way but I can assure you you will not have a profitable season if you continue these wagers, as is.  I bought in initially because of a so-called focus on betting dogs. You've now demonstrated you're simply pissing in the wind hoping for a big night.  Good luck.  I do respect what you're doing and the time you put in but I no longer value your plays.  To each his own... and as always, do your own homework if you're following along.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    Listen, I will help you out because you can't read. The parlays, as I stated numerous times in the thread, are for purely action players and people that want to take a few bigger shots. I said these will be tracked separately and are completely up to the better.

    I also told people to bet up to 1 unit, or far less the control the variance. 95% of my bets are singles. I post these parlays at the request of others. 

    If you don't want to bet, then don't. It's pretty ignorant to call someone a failure after 10% of the season isn't even played and there isn't even a overall loss.

    First and foremost, there was NOTHING disrespectful about my post. No need to start a pissing contest with the "you can't read" comment. I wished you nothing but the best and supported you along the way but I can assure you you will not have a profitable season if you continue these wagers, as is.  I bought in initially because of a so-called focus on betting dogs. You've now demonstrated you're simply pissing in the wind hoping for a big night.  Good luck.  I do respect what you're doing and the time you put in but I no longer value your plays.  To each his own... and as always, do your own homework if you're following along.  
     
    Leaffan62
    Leaffan62
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 32
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 8:40 PM ET #894

    Easy general your going to get an ulcer responding to the crap on here. You have many followers Keep doing your thing it will get better ( patience ) people we are only about 12-15 games in. Let's get the coin tonight all games have a chance to tie
    Reply
    Easy general your going to get an ulcer responding to the crap on here. You have many followers Keep doing your thing it will get better ( patience ) people we are only about 12-15 games in. Let's get the coin tonight all games have a chance to tie
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 8:54 PM ET #895

    Quote Originally Posted by JG11:

    Sorry General, but there's no way I can see these plays as +EV. Wish you all the best - have a great season.  I'm going to stick to football as these NHL plays just seem to be a total crapshoot... maybe it's just the toughest sport to cap but it's eating into my NFL profits too much.  (in your defense, I was not doing 1 unit flat, I was betting to Win 1 unit so the vig has been grinding me down with all these plays).  

    BOL all. 

    This was disrespectful JG
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JG11:

    Sorry General, but there's no way I can see these plays as +EV. Wish you all the best - have a great season.  I'm going to stick to football as these NHL plays just seem to be a total crapshoot... maybe it's just the toughest sport to cap but it's eating into my NFL profits too much.  (in your defense, I was not doing 1 unit flat, I was betting to Win 1 unit so the vig has been grinding me down with all these plays).  

    BOL all. 

    This was disrespectful JG
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2014 - 8:55 PM ET #896

    At the end of the season, we can make judgements. 
    Reply
    At the end of the season, we can make judgements. 
     
    Mars101
    Mars101
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 65
    Posted: Nov. 8, 2014 - 12:03 AM ET #897

    General, why was Buffalo an +ev play?

    I know the Oiler's haven't been doing very well but their roster is a lot more talented than Buffalo's.

    What made you have confidence in Buffalo tonight or was it more of a fade against the Oiler's?
    Reply
    General, why was Buffalo an +ev play?

    I know the Oiler's haven't been doing very well but their roster is a lot more talented than Buffalo's.

    What made you have confidence in Buffalo tonight or was it more of a fade against the Oiler's?
     
    Leaffan62
    Leaffan62
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 32
    Posted: Nov. 8, 2014 - 6:49 AM ET #898

    Gen,

    Any luck at all we should of had 2 ties, at least we got one. Looking for a big today it must be our turn. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in awhile.

    Let's get the cash
    Reply
    Gen,

    Any luck at all we should of had 2 ties, at least we got one. Looking for a big today it must be our turn. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in awhile.

    Let's get the cash
     
    Leaffan62
    Leaffan62
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 32
    Posted: Nov. 8, 2014 - 6:53 AM ET #899

    Kind of a break even day last night. -.1 of a unit. If that's a losing day I will take more if those when we are not winning lol
    Reply
    Kind of a break even day last night. -.1 of a unit. If that's a losing day I will take more if those when we are not winning lol
     
     
    MMAwizard
    MMAwizard
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 220
    Posted: Nov. 8, 2014 - 9:08 AM ET #900

    Quote Originally Posted by Mars101:

    General, why was Buffalo an +ev play?

    I know the Oiler's haven't been doing very well but their roster is a lot more talented than Buffalo's.

    What made you have confidence in Buffalo tonight or was it more of a fade against the Oiler's?
    Who has the most talented roster has nothing to do with hockey betting, if you think like that you must be losing tons of money betting LA these days. nhl his about situational plays which involve tons of angles. personally I Iove the buffalo pick. I made it myself.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars101:

    General, why was Buffalo an +ev play?

    I know the Oiler's haven't been doing very well but their roster is a lot more talented than Buffalo's.

    What made you have confidence in Buffalo tonight or was it more of a fade against the Oiler's?
    Who has the most talented roster has nothing to do with hockey betting, if you think like that you must be losing tons of money betting LA these days. nhl his about situational plays which involve tons of angles. personally I Iove the buffalo pick. I made it myself.
    All Forums | NHL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 363738 ... 474849 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,328
    • Friday 10/02/2026 906
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,355
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,166
    • PART DEUX 249
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,235
    • Week 5 Money 6,905
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,125
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,754
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,419

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.