• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum

    Week 5: 4 team 13 point teaser (4-0 on season + 4 units)

    123 Next Last»
    dl36
    sprintcar1741
    vi3t4lif3
    thatguy7
    gmitran
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5469
    Posts: 61
    123 Next Last»
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 2:58 AM ET #1

    Wow, that monday night game was close... a few things I might have done wrong in retrospect...

    A. Poor number... I had no value in +2.5 and really needed the SU win to cover...

    B.  IND starting new QB... not that I thought he was going to do well, but the value in the +13 points is when there is less variability... with collins you know IND will score between the teens and high 20s... with painter anything was possible from a shut out to +30 points...

    But got lucky I guess...  Thank you to everyone that participated in last week's discussion...

    So lets do it again this week...

    Here is the basic review to avoid the common questions...

    1.  4 team 13 point teaser: -120 odds
    2. 1 unit = 10% of bank roll...  2unit max, 1/2 unit min
    3. I only play sides, no totals
    4. no mixing with college or other sports, pure NFL

    So here we go...

    So at first glance, this looks like a crappy week... alot of 3s and 6s which are not good numbers +13 points ATS...

    CIN +16...  CIN is 2-2 SU, 3-1 ATS and 4-0 + 13 points ATS... They are playing a JAX team that has not scored more then 16 points in a game so to me this number has value...

    any more ideas or suggestions?
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Wow, that monday night game was close... a few things I might have done wrong in retrospect...

    A. Poor number... I had no value in +2.5 and really needed the SU win to cover...

    B.  IND starting new QB... not that I thought he was going to do well, but the value in the +13 points is when there is less variability... with collins you know IND will score between the teens and high 20s... with painter anything was possible from a shut out to +30 points...

    But got lucky I guess...  Thank you to everyone that participated in last week's discussion...

    So lets do it again this week...

    Here is the basic review to avoid the common questions...

    1.  4 team 13 point teaser: -120 odds
    2. 1 unit = 10% of bank roll...  2unit max, 1/2 unit min
    3. I only play sides, no totals
    4. no mixing with college or other sports, pure NFL

    So here we go...

    So at first glance, this looks like a crappy week... alot of 3s and 6s which are not good numbers +13 points ATS...

    CIN +16...  CIN is 2-2 SU, 3-1 ATS and 4-0 + 13 points ATS... They are playing a JAX team that has not scored more then 16 points in a game so to me this number has value...

    any more ideas or suggestions?
     
    sprintcar1741
    sprintcar1741
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 46
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 3:31 AM ET #2

    I like this teaser:
    GB+7 (Rodgers is on fire, I think GB wins SU. Atlanta barely got by seattle, what are the packers capable of? but if they did lose i cant see it being by more than a TD)
    Pats+4 (Brady at home, revenge game,jets not playing well, think pats win SU etc)
    Raiders +19 (no andre johnson, is houston really  gonna win by 3TD'S?)
    Panthers +19.5(newton at home, not winning but been keeping it close. plus the saints only beat blaine gabbert by 13. i like newton alot better than gabbert)

    what do you think?
    Reply
    I like this teaser:
    GB+7 (Rodgers is on fire, I think GB wins SU. Atlanta barely got by seattle, what are the packers capable of? but if they did lose i cant see it being by more than a TD)
    Pats+4 (Brady at home, revenge game,jets not playing well, think pats win SU etc)
    Raiders +19 (no andre johnson, is houston really  gonna win by 3TD'S?)
    Panthers +19.5(newton at home, not winning but been keeping it close. plus the saints only beat blaine gabbert by 13. i like newton alot better than gabbert)

    what do you think?
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 9:13 AM ET #3

    GB is overrated right now and that is not a good number...I am actually thinking that ATL has a chance to win this SU...

    NE +4 is not a bad number, but I think because NE beat OAK and NYJ is coming off of a lose and losing to OAK...

    consider this... last year NE was favored by 3 and -3.5 in their regular season match ups... -9 was the line in the playoffs where they lost...  considering last years 45-3 blowout, the idea of a possible revenge game makes sense, but it could be said that that since NE/NYJ seem to split every season that NYJ is able to hold their own in this divisional rivalry i could see an NYJ SU win or a NE blow out... so there is too much variability and I would only play it if I got more then 7...  so Im passing...

    OAK +19... I hear you about the johnson injury however it will come down to HOU's ability to run the ball....  I think that there is blow out potential in a game that even though they are going to texas it is a west coast team playing the early game... 19 is a good number, but the O/U at 49 is saying this might a higher scoring game giving the +13 points less value...

    CAR +19.5 is similar as the o/u at 51 is communicating a higher scoring game and less value...  I also see this as high variability in that I could CAR win SU, but I could also see them get blown out as NO's attacking style of defense could frustrate newton... weather in CAR should be good and allow both teams to pass the ball...  CAR pass game suffered due to weather in their last home game...

    This seems like a tough week... I might be looking at reducing from my normal 1 unit bet...

    Thanks for your contribution... good luck


    Reply
    GB is overrated right now and that is not a good number...I am actually thinking that ATL has a chance to win this SU...

    NE +4 is not a bad number, but I think because NE beat OAK and NYJ is coming off of a lose and losing to OAK...

    consider this... last year NE was favored by 3 and -3.5 in their regular season match ups... -9 was the line in the playoffs where they lost...  considering last years 45-3 blowout, the idea of a possible revenge game makes sense, but it could be said that that since NE/NYJ seem to split every season that NYJ is able to hold their own in this divisional rivalry i could see an NYJ SU win or a NE blow out... so there is too much variability and I would only play it if I got more then 7...  so Im passing...

    OAK +19... I hear you about the johnson injury however it will come down to HOU's ability to run the ball....  I think that there is blow out potential in a game that even though they are going to texas it is a west coast team playing the early game... 19 is a good number, but the O/U at 49 is saying this might a higher scoring game giving the +13 points less value...

    CAR +19.5 is similar as the o/u at 51 is communicating a higher scoring game and less value...  I also see this as high variability in that I could CAR win SU, but I could also see them get blown out as NO's attacking style of defense could frustrate newton... weather in CAR should be good and allow both teams to pass the ball...  CAR pass game suffered due to weather in their last home game...

    This seems like a tough week... I might be looking at reducing from my normal 1 unit bet...

    Thanks for your contribution... good luck


     
    vi3t4lif3
    vi3t4lif3
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 667
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 9:47 AM ET #4

    Falcons play well at Home.

    NY Giants............ seattle not good on a road.... and coming by week........... good 13 pts teaser NY Giants...

    Reply

    Falcons play well at Home.

    NY Giants............ seattle not good on a road.... and coming by week........... good 13 pts teaser NY Giants...

     
    thatguy7
    thatguy7
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 529
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 10:06 AM ET #5

    Good win last week dl. Cincy is the only line that really jumps out at me as a value line. Even then, I only have em at +14 at my book. Here are some teams I would look at.

    TEN +16
    PIT is far too banged up IMO. They'll be missing Harrison and Mendenhall, Roethlisberger is in a boot and their O-line is still in shambles. This is gonna be a close game, and the total is one of the lowest on the board.

    NYG +2
    Mainly just picking the Giants as a SU winner over SEA. Their pass rush should overwhelm SEA's shoddy O-line, Lynch cannot run to save his life, and the Giants' offense is versatile enough to keep the Seahawks on their toes.

    Other than those two teams, I'm slightly leaning towards NE and...that's about it. There really are not many good teaser picks right now for this week.

    Reply
    Good win last week dl. Cincy is the only line that really jumps out at me as a value line. Even then, I only have em at +14 at my book. Here are some teams I would look at.

    TEN +16
    PIT is far too banged up IMO. They'll be missing Harrison and Mendenhall, Roethlisberger is in a boot and their O-line is still in shambles. This is gonna be a close game, and the total is one of the lowest on the board.

    NYG +2
    Mainly just picking the Giants as a SU winner over SEA. Their pass rush should overwhelm SEA's shoddy O-line, Lynch cannot run to save his life, and the Giants' offense is versatile enough to keep the Seahawks on their toes.

    Other than those two teams, I'm slightly leaning towards NE and...that's about it. There really are not many good teaser picks right now for this week.

     
    gmitran
    gmitran
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 1744
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 11:37 AM ET #6

    Cinci +15 1/2 makes most sense.  Jax offense should not be good enough to win by 2TD+ over Cinci D.

    I know u don't like picking college games but should look at LSU -1/2.  Flo starting QB is likely a true freshman, against that defense in that stadium, don't see how LSU loses.  LSU run D is stout, held Oregon's James to 50 yds, whereas he ave 180 in his other games.  Oregon ave 360 rushing yds in games beside LSU but only had 100 against them.  True freshman QB in first road game is not going to have much success against that secondary, w/ likely best DB in country in Mathieu.  I have this as my fav 13-pt play of yr.

    TB +16 - Low total line and SF offense shouldn't be good enough to win by 2+TD.  SF had their biggest win in long time last wk.
    Reply
    Cinci +15 1/2 makes most sense.  Jax offense should not be good enough to win by 2TD+ over Cinci D.

    I know u don't like picking college games but should look at LSU -1/2.  Flo starting QB is likely a true freshman, against that defense in that stadium, don't see how LSU loses.  LSU run D is stout, held Oregon's James to 50 yds, whereas he ave 180 in his other games.  Oregon ave 360 rushing yds in games beside LSU but only had 100 against them.  True freshman QB in first road game is not going to have much success against that secondary, w/ likely best DB in country in Mathieu.  I have this as my fav 13-pt play of yr.

    TB +16 - Low total line and SF offense shouldn't be good enough to win by 2+TD.  SF had their biggest win in long time last wk.
     
    DiscoD69
    DiscoD69
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 7937
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 12:16 PM ET #7

    Agree it's a tough week dl.

    I think Cincy in Jacksonville is automatic, good call there.

    Smart man for staying away from the Pats 

    Take a look at TEN+ depending on the number as well. I'll try to remember to pop by this thread again after I cap.

    BOL this week bud and keep up the good work! 
    Reply
    Agree it's a tough week dl.

    I think Cincy in Jacksonville is automatic, good call there.

    Smart man for staying away from the Pats 

    Take a look at TEN+ depending on the number as well. I'll try to remember to pop by this thread again after I cap.

    BOL this week bud and keep up the good work! 
     
    PrimeTimeBoys
    PrimeTimeBoys
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 13343
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 12:57 PM ET #8

    Lions +8, Titans +16, Eagles +10, Chiefs +16
    Reply
    Lions +8, Titans +16, Eagles +10, Chiefs +16
     
    IgetMoney101
    IgetMoney101
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 6868
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 1:07 PM ET #9

    Eagles +10- no way does Philly get beat badly in a close to a must win,  Seattle +22.5- Now way Giants win  by 3+ tds,  KC-14- Indy won't beat anyone by more than 10 points this season,  Jax +12-  Like the home team with 12 points  good value
    Reply
    Eagles +10- no way does Philly get beat badly in a close to a must win,  Seattle +22.5- Now way Giants win  by 3+ tds,  KC-14- Indy won't beat anyone by more than 10 points this season,  Jax +12-  Like the home team with 12 points  good value
     
    LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 9317
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 1:15 PM ET #10

    Eagles in a must win game. Titans in a game where they will win straight up. Bengals have lots of value. These 3 should be on there 100%
    Reply
    Eagles in a must win game. Titans in a game where they will win straight up. Bengals have lots of value. These 3 should be on there 100%
     
    ChOdaZ
    ChOdaZ
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 2313
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 1:43 PM ET #11

    Jets +22.5...ill take 3 TDs in a divisional matchup all day

    KC +15...no way Indy blows them out

    Philly +10...LOCK

    Tenn +18...Heck Pitt only scored 10 on Houston last week and Tenn much better on D
    Reply
    Jets +22.5...ill take 3 TDs in a divisional matchup all day

    KC +15...no way Indy blows them out

    Philly +10...LOCK

    Tenn +18...Heck Pitt only scored 10 on Houston last week and Tenn much better on D
     
    letsgomets2007
    letsgomets2007
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 813
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 2:02 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by IgetMoney101:

    Eagles +10- no way does Philly get beat badly in a close to a must win,  Seattle +22.5- Now way Giants win  by 3+ tds,  KC-14- Indy won't beat anyone by more than 10 points this season,  Jax +12-  Like the home team with 12 points  good value

    Not saying your wrong - because I am a giant fan and biased.  But last two games giants vs seattle

    11/7/10 - Giants won 41-7 @ seattle

    10/5/08 - Giants won 44-6

    Both as 7 point favs...west coast team playing 1:00pm Eastern game... I might stay away from taking seattle in this teaser.  Gmen would be the side for me, but like i said, I'm biased.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by IgetMoney101:

    Eagles +10- no way does Philly get beat badly in a close to a must win,  Seattle +22.5- Now way Giants win  by 3+ tds,  KC-14- Indy won't beat anyone by more than 10 points this season,  Jax +12-  Like the home team with 12 points  good value

    Not saying your wrong - because I am a giant fan and biased.  But last two games giants vs seattle

    11/7/10 - Giants won 41-7 @ seattle

    10/5/08 - Giants won 44-6

    Both as 7 point favs...west coast team playing 1:00pm Eastern game... I might stay away from taking seattle in this teaser.  Gmen would be the side for me, but like i said, I'm biased.

     
    letsgomets2007
    letsgomets2007
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 813
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 2:09 PM ET #13

    Also just looking at seattle last year in general coming east (not necessarily 1 oclock game or even eastern time zone)...

    @ denver lost 31-14 as 3.5 dogs

    @ st louis lost 20-3 as 1.5 favs

    @ chi won 23-20 as 6 point dogs (seattle coming off a bye week)

    @ new orleans lost 34-19 as 11 point dogs

    @ TB lost 38-15 as 5 point dogs

    Reply

    Also just looking at seattle last year in general coming east (not necessarily 1 oclock game or even eastern time zone)...

    @ denver lost 31-14 as 3.5 dogs

    @ st louis lost 20-3 as 1.5 favs

    @ chi won 23-20 as 6 point dogs (seattle coming off a bye week)

    @ new orleans lost 34-19 as 11 point dogs

    @ TB lost 38-15 as 5 point dogs

     
    IgetMoney101
    IgetMoney101
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 6868
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 2:14 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by letsgomets2007:

    Not saying your wrong - because I am a giant fan and biased.  But last two games giants vs seattle

    11/7/10 - Giants won 41-7 @ seattle

    10/5/08 - Giants won 44-6

    Both as 7 point favs...west coast team playing 1:00pm Eastern game... I might stay away from taking seattle in this teaser.  Gmen would be the side for me, but like i said, I'm biased.

    I too am a Giants fan. Respect your opinion but this year's Giants team is not the same from 10 and 08.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgomets2007:

    Not saying your wrong - because I am a giant fan and biased.  But last two games giants vs seattle

    11/7/10 - Giants won 41-7 @ seattle

    10/5/08 - Giants won 44-6

    Both as 7 point favs...west coast team playing 1:00pm Eastern game... I might stay away from taking seattle in this teaser.  Gmen would be the side for me, but like i said, I'm biased.

    I too am a Giants fan. Respect your opinion but this year's Giants team is not the same from 10 and 08.
     
    mrMarcus
    mrMarcus
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 589
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 2:17 PM ET #15

    CAR +13
    BUF +13
    DEN +13
    ATL +13

    If you got a farm, bet it.

      

    This is my stub:

    Event 1: Green Bay at Atlanta 
    Selection 1: Atlanta + 20.0
    Date 1: Oct 9, 2011 8:30 PM

    Event 2: San Diego at Denver 
    Selection 2: Denver + 18.0
    Date 2: Oct 9, 2011 4:15 PM

    Event 3: New Orleans at Carolina 
    Selection 3: Carolina + 20.5
    Date 3: Oct 9, 2011 1:00 PM

    Event 4: Philadelphia at Buffalo 
    Selection 4: Buffalo + 16.5
    Date 4: Oct 9, 2011 1:00 PM
    Reply
    CAR +13
    BUF +13
    DEN +13
    ATL +13

    If you got a farm, bet it.

      

    This is my stub:

    Event 1: Green Bay at Atlanta 
    Selection 1: Atlanta + 20.0
    Date 1: Oct 9, 2011 8:30 PM

    Event 2: San Diego at Denver 
    Selection 2: Denver + 18.0
    Date 2: Oct 9, 2011 4:15 PM

    Event 3: New Orleans at Carolina 
    Selection 3: Carolina + 20.5
    Date 3: Oct 9, 2011 1:00 PM

    Event 4: Philadelphia at Buffalo 
    Selection 4: Buffalo + 16.5
    Date 4: Oct 9, 2011 1:00 PM
     
    cashin
    cashin
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 17210
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 2:30 PM ET #16

    dl - way to keep it rollin last wk. Went 6-0 in 4tmrs myself & like a few this week gettin more than 2tds along with the Pats & a couple totals. Atl +19 probably scares me the most with their pass D & little pass rush even at home (like the total over better), but these are some initial leans on sides -

    Cincy +15.5/Tenny +16/Buff +16/Pats +4/TB +16/AZ +16/Atl +19

    Reply

    dl - way to keep it rollin last wk. Went 6-0 in 4tmrs myself & like a few this week gettin more than 2tds along with the Pats & a couple totals. Atl +19 probably scares me the most with their pass D & little pass rush even at home (like the total over better), but these are some initial leans on sides -

    Cincy +15.5/Tenny +16/Buff +16/Pats +4/TB +16/AZ +16/Atl +19

     
    cashin
    cashin
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 17210
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 7:30 PM ET #17

    Still think it's good, but eliminating Pats +4. Their D is too suspect & the Jets pass D is still a little too solid for only a margin of 4 -

    Reply

    Still think it's good, but eliminating Pats +4. Their D is too suspect & the Jets pass D is still a little too solid for only a margin of 4 -

     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55671
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 7:58 PM ET #18

    Oak +19 is a must imo
    Reply
    Oak +19 is a must imo
     
    phillipnorris
    phillipnorris
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 41
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2011 - 11:13 PM ET #19

    Don't love a ton of these this week, but I'd start with the Giants +3.5.  I'm feeling confident in the Patriots +4 as well because Sanchez already got his "surprise" game against these guys in last year's playoffs.  Those are my two most confident straight up winners.

    I'm looking to fill the last two spots with two of these five - Raiders +18.5, Panthers +19.5, Titans +16, Bengals +15, Bucs +16.  I think each of these have a shot of an outright win, especially Tennessee. 

    Without Andre Johnson and with Jacoby Jones gimpy, I expect the Texans to run the ball a ton.  If needed, I think Jason Campbell has a better chance to backdoor Houston than he did New England.  

    I do like the Saints to beat Carolina, but Cam's a backdoor king.  They're not going to stop throwing the ball, so even as good as the Saints are, I like Carolina's chances of staying within 3 TDs.

    I don't think the Titans are as good defensively as their ranking says, but Pittsburgh is struggling.  Ben's banged up, his line sucks, and Mendenhall and Harrison are out.  I don't see the Titans having a letdown here, and that's what it would take to not cover the 16 points.  The Steelers aren't going to be throwing it all over the place if they're up two scores.  Will probably play Tennessee ML small if I ever get a line. 

    Both the Jags and Bengals suck IMO, but the Bengals have the more competent rookie passer and receiving targets.  Cincinnati's pass defense is clearly better than Jacksonville's as well.  Knowing that I feel comfortable with two TDs in my pocket. 

    Bucs fan here.  Sloppy performance on MNF followed by a cross country trip out west isn't enticing, but the Bucs did win out there 21-0 last year.  Freeman is the difference for this team and should have his successes against a struggling pass defense.  I think the Bucs will have a better chance if they come out establishing the pass instead of pounding Blount early.  Spread out the Niners and work Williams, Winslow, and Parker in the intermediate zones.  Then start featuring Blount.  Mix in some boot action and really capitalize on Freeman's ability to make big (key) plays with his legs.  Gore's gimpy, and our front seven (especially the DL) is starting to get a lot of confidence.  I look for them to keep SF's ground game in check and get after Alex Smith who's already been sacked 14 times this year.  If this one is close in the 4th, I'd much rather have my money on Freeman than Smith. 

    Gun to head right now -

    NE +4...NYG +3.5...TEN +16...TB +16

    Reply

    Don't love a ton of these this week, but I'd start with the Giants +3.5.  I'm feeling confident in the Patriots +4 as well because Sanchez already got his "surprise" game against these guys in last year's playoffs.  Those are my two most confident straight up winners.

    I'm looking to fill the last two spots with two of these five - Raiders +18.5, Panthers +19.5, Titans +16, Bengals +15, Bucs +16.  I think each of these have a shot of an outright win, especially Tennessee. 

    Without Andre Johnson and with Jacoby Jones gimpy, I expect the Texans to run the ball a ton.  If needed, I think Jason Campbell has a better chance to backdoor Houston than he did New England.  

    I do like the Saints to beat Carolina, but Cam's a backdoor king.  They're not going to stop throwing the ball, so even as good as the Saints are, I like Carolina's chances of staying within 3 TDs.

    I don't think the Titans are as good defensively as their ranking says, but Pittsburgh is struggling.  Ben's banged up, his line sucks, and Mendenhall and Harrison are out.  I don't see the Titans having a letdown here, and that's what it would take to not cover the 16 points.  The Steelers aren't going to be throwing it all over the place if they're up two scores.  Will probably play Tennessee ML small if I ever get a line. 

    Both the Jags and Bengals suck IMO, but the Bengals have the more competent rookie passer and receiving targets.  Cincinnati's pass defense is clearly better than Jacksonville's as well.  Knowing that I feel comfortable with two TDs in my pocket. 

    Bucs fan here.  Sloppy performance on MNF followed by a cross country trip out west isn't enticing, but the Bucs did win out there 21-0 last year.  Freeman is the difference for this team and should have his successes against a struggling pass defense.  I think the Bucs will have a better chance if they come out establishing the pass instead of pounding Blount early.  Spread out the Niners and work Williams, Winslow, and Parker in the intermediate zones.  Then start featuring Blount.  Mix in some boot action and really capitalize on Freeman's ability to make big (key) plays with his legs.  Gore's gimpy, and our front seven (especially the DL) is starting to get a lot of confidence.  I look for them to keep SF's ground game in check and get after Alex Smith who's already been sacked 14 times this year.  If this one is close in the 4th, I'd much rather have my money on Freeman than Smith. 

    Gun to head right now -

    NE +4...NYG +3.5...TEN +16...TB +16

     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Oct. 7, 2011 - 1:47 AM ET #20

    Vi3t,

    I think that GB is some what overrated at the moment with an MVP like performance from Rogers at home in the last game. I think is some value. In getting ATL as a Home dog ...

    I dont like games with NYG because they are so variable/inconsistent
    Reply
    Vi3t,

    I think that GB is some what overrated at the moment with an MVP like performance from Rogers at home in the last game. I think is some value. In getting ATL as a Home dog ...

    I dont like games with NYG because they are so variable/inconsistent
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Oct. 7, 2011 - 3:07 AM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7:

    Good win last week dl. Cincy is the only line that really jumps out at me as a value line. Even then, I only have em at +14 at my book. Here are some teams I would look at.

    TEN +16
    PIT is far too banged up IMO. They'll be missing Harrison and Mendenhall, Roethlisberger is in a boot and their O-line is still in shambles. This is gonna be a close game, and the total is one of the lowest on the board.

    NYG +2
    Mainly just picking the Giants as a SU winner over SEA. Their pass rush should overwhelm SEA's shoddy O-line, Lynch cannot run to save his life, and the Giants' offense is versatile enough to keep the Seahawks on their toes.

    Other than those two teams, I'm slightly leaning towards NE and...that's about it. There really are not many good teaser picks right now for this week.



    I agree with you about TEN as not only is PIT banged up, but by reputation they are overrated and are falling to the superbowl loser curse with a difficult next season.. 

    I think this is slated to be a lower scoring game and therefore you are getting more value with the +13 points ATS...

    I hear you about the NYG as a SU winner, but +2 give little value for crossing the zero... it would be nice to get this at +3.5 or better...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7:

    Good win last week dl. Cincy is the only line that really jumps out at me as a value line. Even then, I only have em at +14 at my book. Here are some teams I would look at.

    TEN +16
    PIT is far too banged up IMO. They'll be missing Harrison and Mendenhall, Roethlisberger is in a boot and their O-line is still in shambles. This is gonna be a close game, and the total is one of the lowest on the board.

    NYG +2
    Mainly just picking the Giants as a SU winner over SEA. Their pass rush should overwhelm SEA's shoddy O-line, Lynch cannot run to save his life, and the Giants' offense is versatile enough to keep the Seahawks on their toes.

    Other than those two teams, I'm slightly leaning towards NE and...that's about it. There really are not many good teaser picks right now for this week.



    I agree with you about TEN as not only is PIT banged up, but by reputation they are overrated and are falling to the superbowl loser curse with a difficult next season.. 

    I think this is slated to be a lower scoring game and therefore you are getting more value with the +13 points ATS...

    I hear you about the NYG as a SU winner, but +2 give little value for crossing the zero... it would be nice to get this at +3.5 or better...
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Oct. 7, 2011 - 6:40 AM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by XhuegoX:

    the strongest leg i'd suggest everyone to use is Tampa Bay +15.5

    since i'm a 49er fan, i'll share a few points to those who don't follow the team as close as I do....

    As others have mentioned, the niners aren't the type of team to blow anyone out. The coaching staff doesn't like to take unnecessary risks. If they are up by 7 in the fourth, look for them to play it safe and grind out a win. Harbaugh doesn't like to put the game in Alex Smith's hand until he absolutely has to, so we will see lots of running if they have any kind of lead.

    On the other side of the ball, niners NT Sopoaga is injured and will miss the game. This guy demands attention in the middle which frees up the niners linebackers to make plays against the run. he will definitely be missed.


    superb write up and info...

    you are correct about the conservative play calling.. SF is also high in public perception because of their win against the dream team...  I can get it at +16...  anything about 14 those seems decent...

    the lower to mid range o/u speaks to value +13 points ATS

    thank you for your contribution as local insider info is priceless
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by XhuegoX:

    the strongest leg i'd suggest everyone to use is Tampa Bay +15.5

    since i'm a 49er fan, i'll share a few points to those who don't follow the team as close as I do....

    As others have mentioned, the niners aren't the type of team to blow anyone out. The coaching staff doesn't like to take unnecessary risks. If they are up by 7 in the fourth, look for them to play it safe and grind out a win. Harbaugh doesn't like to put the game in Alex Smith's hand until he absolutely has to, so we will see lots of running if they have any kind of lead.

    On the other side of the ball, niners NT Sopoaga is injured and will miss the game. This guy demands attention in the middle which frees up the niners linebackers to make plays against the run. he will definitely be missed.


    superb write up and info...

    you are correct about the conservative play calling.. SF is also high in public perception because of their win against the dream team...  I can get it at +16...  anything about 14 those seems decent...

    the lower to mid range o/u speaks to value +13 points ATS

    thank you for your contribution as local insider info is priceless
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Oct. 7, 2011 - 6:42 AM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by gmitran:

    Cinci +15 1/2 makes most sense.  Jax offense should not be good enough to win by 2TD+ over Cinci D.

    I know u don't like picking college games but should look at LSU -1/2.  Flo starting QB is likely a true freshman, against that defense in that stadium, don't see how LSU loses.  LSU run D is stout, held Oregon's James to 50 yds, whereas he ave 180 in his other games.  Oregon ave 360 rushing yds in games beside LSU but only had 100 against them.  True freshman QB in first road game is not going to have much success against that secondary, w/ likely best DB in country in Mathieu.  I have this as my fav 13-pt play of yr.

    TB +16 - Low total line and SF offense shouldn't be good enough to win by 2+TD.  SF had their biggest win in long time last wk.


    with you on both...

    TB +16
    CIN +16

    Any more ideas or suggestions?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gmitran:

    Cinci +15 1/2 makes most sense.  Jax offense should not be good enough to win by 2TD+ over Cinci D.

    I know u don't like picking college games but should look at LSU -1/2.  Flo starting QB is likely a true freshman, against that defense in that stadium, don't see how LSU loses.  LSU run D is stout, held Oregon's James to 50 yds, whereas he ave 180 in his other games.  Oregon ave 360 rushing yds in games beside LSU but only had 100 against them.  True freshman QB in first road game is not going to have much success against that secondary, w/ likely best DB in country in Mathieu.  I have this as my fav 13-pt play of yr.

    TB +16 - Low total line and SF offense shouldn't be good enough to win by 2+TD.  SF had their biggest win in long time last wk.


    with you on both...

    TB +16
    CIN +16

    Any more ideas or suggestions?
     
    gmitran
    gmitran
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 1744
    Posted: Oct. 7, 2011 - 1:21 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:



    with you on both...

    TB +16
    CIN +16

    Any more ideas or suggestions?


    Gun to head...

    Ten +16 - Ben hurting, Mendenhall might miss game, OL complete mess, LT is either injured Scott or Starks, who practiced w/ team for first time in a yr.  No way Starks in playing shape as he's had weight issues.  Johnson is going to break out one of these days.

    Oak +19 - Johnson out, next best ball catcher is TE Daniels and only TE to do any damage against Oak so far is Jets' Keller, NE Gronkowski only had 1 catch.  Early East Coast AM game for Oak but they did good against Buf earlier in yr.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:



    with you on both...

    TB +16
    CIN +16

    Any more ideas or suggestions?


    Gun to head...

    Ten +16 - Ben hurting, Mendenhall might miss game, OL complete mess, LT is either injured Scott or Starks, who practiced w/ team for first time in a yr.  No way Starks in playing shape as he's had weight issues.  Johnson is going to break out one of these days.

    Oak +19 - Johnson out, next best ball catcher is TE Daniels and only TE to do any damage against Oak so far is Jets' Keller, NE Gronkowski only had 1 catch.  Early East Coast AM game for Oak but they did good against Buf earlier in yr.
     
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2011 - 6:00 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoD69:

    Agree it's a tough week dl.

    I think Cincy in Jacksonville is automatic, good call there.

    Smart man for staying away from the Pats 

    Take a look at TEN+ depending on the number as well. I'll try to remember to pop by this thread again after I cap.

    BOL this week bud and keep up the good work! 


    I think TEN is a decent bet ...  I have it at 16, 16.5 right now good value in a what might be a low scoring game...  what I dont like is the variability at the QB and RB positions...

     thanks for your contribution, good luck to you this week alot
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoD69:

    Agree it's a tough week dl.

    I think Cincy in Jacksonville is automatic, good call there.

    Smart man for staying away from the Pats 

    Take a look at TEN+ depending on the number as well. I'll try to remember to pop by this thread again after I cap.

    BOL this week bud and keep up the good work! 


    I think TEN is a decent bet ...  I have it at 16, 16.5 right now good value in a what might be a low scoring game...  what I dont like is the variability at the QB and RB positions...

     thanks for your contribution, good luck to you this week alot
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum
    123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,020
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,229
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 630
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,344
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,341
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,185
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 613
    • Trump's legacy? 32,955
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,082
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,727

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.