• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum

    Wizards Vs Pacers - My Oh My, I PRAYED the Pacers would win Game 7 to get my betting hands on this!

    «First Previous 345 ... 678 Next Last»
    Bart_
    M0neytrain
    jebaum
    alangrrbs
    GeneCam27
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 24389
    Posts: 200
    «First Previous 345 ... 678 Next Last»
     
    Bart_
    Bart_
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 3549
    Posted: May. 5, 2014 - 6:44 PM ET #51

    good luck man

    Reply
    good luck man

     
    M0neytrain
    M0neytrain
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2014
    Posts: 25
    Posted: May. 5, 2014 - 6:49 PM ET #52

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:



    But the thing that will determine this series above all is the front court.

    Folks, Hibbert is a mess as we all know. Everyone is going crazy about his 13/7/5B performance in Game 7. Nice, but the wizards will roll him into a sushi roll and the chrome chop sticks are coming out.

    Go look at his boxscores before this game:

    0 and 2
    0 and 0

    This is the playoffs against a 38 win eighth seed and those are your numbers. Worse, the Hawks have no true center in Antic who roams around the 3 point line instead of rebounding. And he still couldn't get rebounds or points! Against Antic! My oh my.

    Hibbert was SO out of it, Mahinmi had to play crucial stretches and starters minutes in a must win game 6.

    Mahinmi CANNOT SCORE. He is averaged 1.6 pts for the series. He's not even that good a rebounder and Vogel had to use him because Hibbert could not play. This guy is allergic to a basketball and is simply a scarecrow in the paint. When you see him in the game against the Wiz, it's a very good thing.

    3) If you are going to be this series, it comes down to this: HUGE holes and I do mean HUGE. 

    There is a HUGE hole offensively on the Pacer side of the ball at center and that hole is still BIG on the defensive side of the ball.

    Compare this to the rock solid play of Gortat and Nene, and I can assure you they will come to play.

    HUGE HOLES, determine series winners.

    In the Portland Houston series, the huge hole was at PG. It was Lillard vs. Lin/injured sick Beverly. Guys, Lillard became a star in that series because of that matchup and fittingly, who ended it? Lillard. His stats in that series? OFF THE CHARTS. That huge hole prevented Houston from ever having a chance to advance as lillard abused Lin and Beverly on the offensive side of the ball.

    Gorat and Nene will eat Hibbert and Mahinmi for breakfast and will come with fork and knife in hand.

    Add in a side of David West (who will be leaned on for too much and will produce but will tire out given his extended responsibilities to make up for Hibbert). The Frontcourt battle is a severe mismatch and the Pacers have no center.

    The Wiz will win because of this as Wall and Beal flourish.

    Last point:

    Everyone says the world is on this and the world is on that.

    Well this whole board was on the Nets series and they won the series. It was the correct play.

    The world is on these playoff games because these are he only games left so I will not be afraid to back the wiz here despite them being a sexy pick on the board.

    I could write a lot more but why bother? Are you not convinced?

    The Wiz is the play and we get a very juicy ML in a series the Wiz should be favored in:



    SERIES PICK

    WIZARDS +165


    Good luck hope this won't come back and bite you like the Raptor -2 (buying the hook) thread. BOL
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:



    But the thing that will determine this series above all is the front court.

    Folks, Hibbert is a mess as we all know. Everyone is going crazy about his 13/7/5B performance in Game 7. Nice, but the wizards will roll him into a sushi roll and the chrome chop sticks are coming out.

    Go look at his boxscores before this game:

    0 and 2
    0 and 0

    This is the playoffs against a 38 win eighth seed and those are your numbers. Worse, the Hawks have no true center in Antic who roams around the 3 point line instead of rebounding. And he still couldn't get rebounds or points! Against Antic! My oh my.

    Hibbert was SO out of it, Mahinmi had to play crucial stretches and starters minutes in a must win game 6.

    Mahinmi CANNOT SCORE. He is averaged 1.6 pts for the series. He's not even that good a rebounder and Vogel had to use him because Hibbert could not play. This guy is allergic to a basketball and is simply a scarecrow in the paint. When you see him in the game against the Wiz, it's a very good thing.

    3) If you are going to be this series, it comes down to this: HUGE holes and I do mean HUGE. 

    There is a HUGE hole offensively on the Pacer side of the ball at center and that hole is still BIG on the defensive side of the ball.

    Compare this to the rock solid play of Gortat and Nene, and I can assure you they will come to play.

    HUGE HOLES, determine series winners.

    In the Portland Houston series, the huge hole was at PG. It was Lillard vs. Lin/injured sick Beverly. Guys, Lillard became a star in that series because of that matchup and fittingly, who ended it? Lillard. His stats in that series? OFF THE CHARTS. That huge hole prevented Houston from ever having a chance to advance as lillard abused Lin and Beverly on the offensive side of the ball.

    Gorat and Nene will eat Hibbert and Mahinmi for breakfast and will come with fork and knife in hand.

    Add in a side of David West (who will be leaned on for too much and will produce but will tire out given his extended responsibilities to make up for Hibbert). The Frontcourt battle is a severe mismatch and the Pacers have no center.

    The Wiz will win because of this as Wall and Beal flourish.

    Last point:

    Everyone says the world is on this and the world is on that.

    Well this whole board was on the Nets series and they won the series. It was the correct play.

    The world is on these playoff games because these are he only games left so I will not be afraid to back the wiz here despite them being a sexy pick on the board.

    I could write a lot more but why bother? Are you not convinced?

    The Wiz is the play and we get a very juicy ML in a series the Wiz should be favored in:



    SERIES PICK

    WIZARDS +165


    Good luck hope this won't come back and bite you like the Raptor -2 (buying the hook) thread. BOL
     
    jebaum
    jebaum
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2013
    Posts: 297
    Posted: May. 5, 2014 - 7:03 PM ET #53

     In my years of betting NBA I've seen a lot of top teams sandbag their way to a championship[not saying Pacers are championship material.] It's almost a prerequisite. You can't very well have a powerhouse win spreads all year and then sweep and cover their way to the crown, not in this era. Look at the spurs Dallas series. Look at the Heat last year. Look at the old Lakers who never covered.. Just sayin, you can't look good and cover all the time if your going very far in the playoffs.
    Reply
     In my years of betting NBA I've seen a lot of top teams sandbag their way to a championship[not saying Pacers are championship material.] It's almost a prerequisite. You can't very well have a powerhouse win spreads all year and then sweep and cover their way to the crown, not in this era. Look at the spurs Dallas series. Look at the Heat last year. Look at the old Lakers who never covered.. Just sayin, you can't look good and cover all the time if your going very far in the playoffs.
     
    alangrrbs
    alangrrbs
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 4739
    Posted: May. 5, 2014 - 7:11 PM ET #54

    Love the writeup like always Scal... Gl to you my friend
    Reply
    Love the writeup like always Scal... Gl to you my friend
     
    GeneCam27
    GeneCam27
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 3403
    Posted: May. 5, 2014 - 7:35 PM ET #55

    Its really amazing at some of the square logic on this board.... 

    This is great value on a team that's playing really really well right now.... 
    Reply
    Its really amazing at some of the square logic on this board.... 

    This is great value on a team that's playing really really well right now.... 
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: May. 5, 2014 - 9:55 PM ET #56

    ONE DOWN

    THREE TO GO

    Well here you have it:

    Let's compare the froncourt (the HUGE HOLE) in the OP:

    Gortat/Nene - 27 pts 21 Rebs in 64 minutes 

    Hibbert/Mahinmi - 0 pts 2 Rebs 7 fouls in 30 minutes

    So bad were H and M that they couldn't even stay on the floor (which they couldn't do against the Hawks either so why be surprised?).


    And now you are gonna ask a eighth man like Scola to contribute when you phased him out of last series? Please.


    Oh and the luxury of Drew Gooden who I didn't even mention: 

    12 p 13 r

    The pacers would Give their collective right arms to have Drew Gooden right now.

    Again, Beal? Spectacular.

    Out rebounded the Pacers 53 36
     
    Out assisted the pacers 23 16

    62% from 3.

    Barring an injury, game 2 is a must win for Indy and if they don't get it, it will be all downhill from there. 

    If I had the pacers at negative money for the series I would be appalled and be mighty pist at what I just saw. Again, the wrong team was favored in this series.




    Reply
    ONE DOWN

    THREE TO GO

    Well here you have it:

    Let's compare the froncourt (the HUGE HOLE) in the OP:

    Gortat/Nene - 27 pts 21 Rebs in 64 minutes 

    Hibbert/Mahinmi - 0 pts 2 Rebs 7 fouls in 30 minutes

    So bad were H and M that they couldn't even stay on the floor (which they couldn't do against the Hawks either so why be surprised?).


    And now you are gonna ask a eighth man like Scola to contribute when you phased him out of last series? Please.


    Oh and the luxury of Drew Gooden who I didn't even mention: 

    12 p 13 r

    The pacers would Give their collective right arms to have Drew Gooden right now.

    Again, Beal? Spectacular.

    Out rebounded the Pacers 53 36
     
    Out assisted the pacers 23 16

    62% from 3.

    Barring an injury, game 2 is a must win for Indy and if they don't get it, it will be all downhill from there. 

    If I had the pacers at negative money for the series I would be appalled and be mighty pist at what I just saw. Again, the wrong team was favored in this series.




     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: May. 5, 2014 - 9:57 PM ET #57

    I've said it many times:

    If Vogel keeps starting Hibbert he is doing anything and everything to get fired. Imagine having money on a team where the coach is trying to get fired? No thanks.
    Reply
    I've said it many times:

    If Vogel keeps starting Hibbert he is doing anything and everything to get fired. Imagine having money on a team where the coach is trying to get fired? No thanks.
     
    mightiestmojo
    mightiestmojo
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 6735
    Posted: May. 5, 2014 - 9:57 PM ET #58

    Great points. All appeared to be true. 
    Reply
    Great points. All appeared to be true. 
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: May. 5, 2014 - 10:00 PM ET #59

    Quote Originally Posted by mightiestmojo:

    Great points. All appeared to be true. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mightiestmojo:

    Great points. All appeared to be true. 
     
    LONG-TU
    LONG-TU
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 6182
    Posted: May. 5, 2014 - 10:03 PM ET #60

    Nice analysis scalabrine !
    Reply
    Nice analysis scalabrine !
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: May. 5, 2014 - 10:07 PM ET #61

    Quote Originally Posted by LONG-TU:

    Nice analysis scalabrine !
    Appreciate that...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG-TU:

    Nice analysis scalabrine !
    Appreciate that...
     
    Nilshu
    Nilshu
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 4302
    Posted: May. 5, 2014 - 11:17 PM ET #62

    Great writeup as always

    Reply
    Great writeup as always

     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: May. 5, 2014 - 11:20 PM ET #63

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilshu:

    Great writeup as always

    appreciate that! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilshu:

    Great writeup as always

    appreciate that! 
     
    shrimp1958
    shrimp1958
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 50021
    Posted: May. 6, 2014 - 8:01 AM ET #64

    Quote Originally Posted by kevmode:

    Worst pick I have seen yet PAcers win this series.


    Goood luckkkkkkkkkkkk....NID.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by kevmode:

    Worst pick I have seen yet PAcers win this series.


    Goood luckkkkkkkkkkkk....NID.....
     
    CanadaCup
    CanadaCup
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 16377
    Posted: May. 6, 2014 - 8:35 AM ET #65

    One up and three to go

    As always an excellent breakdown analysis on the NBA playoffs scal

    Reply

    One up and three to go

    As always an excellent breakdown analysis on the NBA playoffs scal

     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: May. 6, 2014 - 9:07 AM ET #66

    @shriimp - they have their money on Hibbert. Let them be. It's already too much to bear.

    @canada - appreciate that!  ill have you know I may want to become a raptors fan along with NY. I love everything about this team from the players to the fans to a GM that says F another team? They have it all.

    @alan @bart -

    @gene - after reading this board for the last two days I've changed my view of the nets. I really hope they beat Miami in this series (believe it or not I am so sick of Miami I'd even like to see the nets advance), however small a chance that is,  and I'll look for spots to profit off them. Was bitter about the loss but I'm over it now.

    @money - it's one game. I will lose as will we all.
    Reply
    @shriimp - they have their money on Hibbert. Let them be. It's already too much to bear.

    @canada - appreciate that!  ill have you know I may want to become a raptors fan along with NY. I love everything about this team from the players to the fans to a GM that says F another team? They have it all.

    @alan @bart -

    @gene - after reading this board for the last two days I've changed my view of the nets. I really hope they beat Miami in this series (believe it or not I am so sick of Miami I'd even like to see the nets advance), however small a chance that is,  and I'll look for spots to profit off them. Was bitter about the loss but I'm over it now.

    @money - it's one game. I will lose as will we all.
     
    FullOfStool
    FullOfStool
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2014
    Posts: 377
    Posted: May. 6, 2014 - 9:58 AM ET #67

    My only concern is that Charles "The Mind" Barkley agrees.
    Reply
    My only concern is that Charles "The Mind" Barkley agrees.
     
    collegeball
    collegeball
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2622
    Posted: May. 6, 2014 - 10:31 AM ET #68

    Yea buddy nice call last night... I didn't see that coming at all.. I really felt like all the respect that the pacers lost and how well the wizards played in the bulls series this would make for a great sleeper.. I felt like the pacers were starting to turn it around the last two games of the hawks series... wizards had a long rest too and coming on the road I felt would play a factor also but apparently not... Good luck the rest of the playoffs I'll definitely be looking for you're plays 
    Reply
    Yea buddy nice call last night... I didn't see that coming at all.. I really felt like all the respect that the pacers lost and how well the wizards played in the bulls series this would make for a great sleeper.. I felt like the pacers were starting to turn it around the last two games of the hawks series... wizards had a long rest too and coming on the road I felt would play a factor also but apparently not... Good luck the rest of the playoffs I'll definitely be looking for you're plays 
     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: May. 6, 2014 - 10:40 AM ET #69

    Pretty solid Game One start for the series price
    Reply
    Pretty solid Game One start for the series price
     
    Figgygetit
    Figgygetit
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2014
    Posts: 73
    Posted: May. 6, 2014 - 10:43 AM ET #70

    Scal, I ended up taking the more liberal route than most and took the wiz ML. I was absolutely hurting my brain trying to comprehend how Indy was going to win that game. I understand ppl hesitance to bet them  the first game, and just to bet the to win the series. That being said, how stupid or unstupid would I be to take the Wiz SU I game 2 again? As far as I know, the rosters haven't changed since last night. I think, at the very least, it is worth betting the wiz to cover no matter how few Pts they are given. Talk to me, partner.
    Reply
    Scal, I ended up taking the more liberal route than most and took the wiz ML. I was absolutely hurting my brain trying to comprehend how Indy was going to win that game. I understand ppl hesitance to bet them  the first game, and just to bet the to win the series. That being said, how stupid or unstupid would I be to take the Wiz SU I game 2 again? As far as I know, the rosters haven't changed since last night. I think, at the very least, it is worth betting the wiz to cover no matter how few Pts they are given. Talk to me, partner.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: May. 6, 2014 - 11:23 AM ET #71

    Quote Originally Posted by FullOfStool:

    My only concern is that Charles "The Mind" Barkley agrees.

    Bojangles,

    Charles says a lot of things. He's a doofus. But he's not gonna light a fire under the Pacer's as*. They are a mess and nothing that goes on in the TNT studios will play a role here.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by FullOfStool:

    My only concern is that Charles "The Mind" Barkley agrees.

    Bojangles,

    Charles says a lot of things. He's a doofus. But he's not gonna light a fire under the Pacer's as*. They are a mess and nothing that goes on in the TNT studios will play a role here.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: May. 6, 2014 - 11:31 AM ET #72

    Quote Originally Posted by collegeball:

    Yea buddy nice call last night... I didn't see that coming at all.. I really felt like all the respect that the pacers lost and how well the wizards played in the bulls series this would make for a great sleeper.. I felt like the pacers were starting to turn it around the last two games of the hawks series... wizards had a long rest too and coming on the road I felt would play a factor also but apparently not... Good luck the rest of the playoffs I'll definitely be looking for you're plays 

    Appreciate that


    I watched the game 6 and they didn't play all that well at times in an elimination game and remember, they were trailing after 3 quarters and needed a big run to end the game. Troubling.

    Then in game 7, they played well but the whistle helped guide them to a semi-blowout (and the fact that was a 12 point win instead of a 20 point win says something to). Refs were brutal on Milsap in that game, their #1 rebounder in that series as Antic can't function as a traditional center.

    Lo and behold, Milsap gets disrupted by the whistle and Hibbert has a good game (lose the 5 blocks and it was only a decent game and decent is not enough to win a second round playoff series). Remember though it wasn't even a double double.

    So for me, the series as a whole is in the wizards pocket at the moment and they had 5 days to watch an unimpressive Indy team. And it benefited them big time.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by collegeball:

    Yea buddy nice call last night... I didn't see that coming at all.. I really felt like all the respect that the pacers lost and how well the wizards played in the bulls series this would make for a great sleeper.. I felt like the pacers were starting to turn it around the last two games of the hawks series... wizards had a long rest too and coming on the road I felt would play a factor also but apparently not... Good luck the rest of the playoffs I'll definitely be looking for you're plays 

    Appreciate that


    I watched the game 6 and they didn't play all that well at times in an elimination game and remember, they were trailing after 3 quarters and needed a big run to end the game. Troubling.

    Then in game 7, they played well but the whistle helped guide them to a semi-blowout (and the fact that was a 12 point win instead of a 20 point win says something to). Refs were brutal on Milsap in that game, their #1 rebounder in that series as Antic can't function as a traditional center.

    Lo and behold, Milsap gets disrupted by the whistle and Hibbert has a good game (lose the 5 blocks and it was only a decent game and decent is not enough to win a second round playoff series). Remember though it wasn't even a double double.

    So for me, the series as a whole is in the wizards pocket at the moment and they had 5 days to watch an unimpressive Indy team. And it benefited them big time.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: May. 6, 2014 - 11:32 AM ET #73

    Quote Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

    Pretty solid Game One start for the series price

    +165 when we both would have been on it at -110. Solid indeed...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

    Pretty solid Game One start for the series price

    +165 when we both would have been on it at -110. Solid indeed...
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: May. 6, 2014 - 11:45 AM ET #74

    Quote Originally Posted by Figgygetit:

    Scal, I ended up taking the more liberal route than most and took the wiz ML. I was absolutely hurting my brain trying to comprehend how Indy was going to win that game. I understand ppl hesitance to bet them  the first game, and just to bet the to win the series. That being said, how stupid or unstupid would I be to take the Wiz SU I game 2 again? As far as I know, the rosters haven't changed since last night. I think, at the very least, it is worth betting the wiz to cover no matter how few Pts they are given. Talk to me, partner. 

    Well done on the game 1 ML! I had to make the ultra-rare run to the comp. after the Pacers made that 11-0 run in the second and got a nice -1.5 Wiz in-game bet as there simply was too much on the offensive side of the ball for the Pacers to counter.

    And no! You are not stupid! I expect them to take game 2. It will be much closer as essentially you will lose the series losing your first two home games but here you have it:

    Wizards are 4-0 SU and ATS (all as dogs) in the playoffs on the road (and are 7-0 SU and 7-0 ATS on the road going back to the regular season). Pretty damn impressive. I have too much on this series to care all that much as game by game betting is a grind but the Wiz line in game 2 will certainly interest me and I might end up taking it. Pacers side is absolutely not an option for me in any way (even if the wiz were up 3-0) Just expect indy's best game of the series there. It should be close but the wiz did the same thing in Chicago in game 2.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Figgygetit:

    Scal, I ended up taking the more liberal route than most and took the wiz ML. I was absolutely hurting my brain trying to comprehend how Indy was going to win that game. I understand ppl hesitance to bet them  the first game, and just to bet the to win the series. That being said, how stupid or unstupid would I be to take the Wiz SU I game 2 again? As far as I know, the rosters haven't changed since last night. I think, at the very least, it is worth betting the wiz to cover no matter how few Pts they are given. Talk to me, partner. 

    Well done on the game 1 ML! I had to make the ultra-rare run to the comp. after the Pacers made that 11-0 run in the second and got a nice -1.5 Wiz in-game bet as there simply was too much on the offensive side of the ball for the Pacers to counter.

    And no! You are not stupid! I expect them to take game 2. It will be much closer as essentially you will lose the series losing your first two home games but here you have it:

    Wizards are 4-0 SU and ATS (all as dogs) in the playoffs on the road (and are 7-0 SU and 7-0 ATS on the road going back to the regular season). Pretty damn impressive. I have too much on this series to care all that much as game by game betting is a grind but the Wiz line in game 2 will certainly interest me and I might end up taking it. Pacers side is absolutely not an option for me in any way (even if the wiz were up 3-0) Just expect indy's best game of the series there. It should be close but the wiz did the same thing in Chicago in game 2.
     
     
    elgallo9
    elgallo9
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 2075
    Posted: May. 6, 2014 - 12:38 PM ET #75

    YOU are the man SCALI
    Reply
    YOU are the man SCALI
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum
    «First Previous 345 ... 678 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,683
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,213
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 637
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,375
    • PART DEUX 252
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,513
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 1,506
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,831
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 620
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,672

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.