• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum

    NBA PLAYOFF TIME .....................2025......

    «First Previous 789 ... 202122 Next Last»
    Tommygiovanny
    theclaw
    slamspurs
    bigred84
    Macwestie1
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 28344
    Posts: 529
    «First Previous 789 ... 202122 Next Last»
     
    Tommygiovanny
    Tommygiovanny
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2024
    Posts: 729
    Posted: May. 4, 2025 - 7:38 PM ET #151

    an_angel

    Tommy rodriguez
    Reply

    an_angel

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: May. 4, 2025 - 7:44 PM ET #152

    Quote Originally Posted by slamspurs:

    Indiana hung in there matching them but their defense is really a sieve.  Cavs probably grind out a win.

     

     

    Very possible............peace_5

     Many times the better teams delivers down the stretch while the lesser team can't hang.

    That's why I like to take 1st half ML's. In these spots 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by slamspurs:

    Indiana hung in there matching them but their defense is really a sieve.  Cavs probably grind out a win.

     

     

    Very possible............peace_5

     Many times the better teams delivers down the stretch while the lesser team can't hang.

    That's why I like to take 1st half ML's. In these spots 

     
    slamspurs
    slamspurs
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 5717
    Posted: May. 4, 2025 - 7:46 PM ET #153

    @theclaw

     Might not even take til the end. 

    indiana was shooting 58% from 3. Cleveland was at like 25%. Regression was coming.

    Reply

    @theclaw

     Might not even take til the end. 

    indiana was shooting 58% from 3. Cleveland was at like 25%. Regression was coming.

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: May. 5, 2025 - 11:35 AM ET #154

    Quote Originally Posted by slamspurs:

    @theclaw  Might not even take til the end.  indiana was shooting 58% from 3. Cleveland was at like 25%. Regression was coming.

    Yea Pacers shot lights-out and Cavs shot terrible and still Cavs were close before Pacers pulled away with not much time left.

    Pacers just seemed all game like they were not going to be denied in this game. 

    Eventually they will have a regression with that hot shooting.............peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by slamspurs:

    @theclaw  Might not even take til the end.  indiana was shooting 58% from 3. Cleveland was at like 25%. Regression was coming.

    Yea Pacers shot lights-out and Cavs shot terrible and still Cavs were close before Pacers pulled away with not much time left.

    Pacers just seemed all game like they were not going to be denied in this game. 

    Eventually they will have a regression with that hot shooting.............peace_5

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: May. 5, 2025 - 11:38 AM ET #155

    4-0, won 3.76 units

     season--- 15-10, won 5.11 units

     

    Regression is a wonderful thing .........bigsmile

    Pacers got it done in a very nice Regression  spot that has consistently produced some the largest upsets based on the line in playoffs over the years.

    Hopefully we get one more of these spots this next round. I think the potential is there.

     

    Reply

    4-0, won 3.76 units

     season--- 15-10, won 5.11 units

     

    Regression is a wonderful thing .........bigsmile

    Pacers got it done in a very nice Regression  spot that has consistently produced some the largest upsets based on the line in playoffs over the years.

    Hopefully we get one more of these spots this next round. I think the potential is there.

     

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: May. 5, 2025 - 11:46 AM ET #156

    The Warriors got it done as well so they are the only team to survive the 1st round that got a great player or had a great player return with lots of hope for playoff success.

    I think they have a decent shot to beat the Twolves.

    With Jimmy they would likely be pretty evenly matched. I'll get the results with Jimmy next chance I can do it.

     

    Reply

    The Warriors got it done as well so they are the only team to survive the 1st round that got a great player or had a great player return with lots of hope for playoff success.

    I think they have a decent shot to beat the Twolves.

    With Jimmy they would likely be pretty evenly matched. I'll get the results with Jimmy next chance I can do it.

     

     
    bigred84
    bigred84
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 24461
    Posted: May. 5, 2025 - 12:11 PM ET #157

    thumbs_up

    Reply

    thumbs_up

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: May. 5, 2025 - 12:23 PM ET #158

    MY LINES .............Monday

    Celtics -8.72 over Knicks

    OKC -9.57 over Nuggets

     

    Celtics off 2 ATS wins with a 31 pt blowout win. Not the best of spots to back the Celtics. 

    Knicks of 1 ATS win but only a 3 pt win.  Not a bad spit of the Knicks.

    My line is about right on the actual line. I will pass on this game.

     

    OKC off 2 ATS losses after being in a regression spot.  With Nuggets off 1 ATS win and bigger win by 19 pts.

    Spot favors OKC. My line once again is about right on the number.

    Backing the top 2 teams in all game 1's has  produced a very good record and with Nuggets off a 7 game series the play is on OKC the no. 1 ranked team.

    OkC should bounce back off their regression if not this game it should be game 2.

     

    OKC -9 (-120) over Nuggets --- 1.2 units

    Reply

    MY LINES .............Monday

    Celtics -8.72 over Knicks

    OKC -9.57 over Nuggets

     

    Celtics off 2 ATS wins with a 31 pt blowout win. Not the best of spots to back the Celtics. 

    Knicks of 1 ATS win but only a 3 pt win.  Not a bad spit of the Knicks.

    My line is about right on the actual line. I will pass on this game.

     

    OKC off 2 ATS losses after being in a regression spot.  With Nuggets off 1 ATS win and bigger win by 19 pts.

    Spot favors OKC. My line once again is about right on the number.

    Backing the top 2 teams in all game 1's has  produced a very good record and with Nuggets off a 7 game series the play is on OKC the no. 1 ranked team.

    OkC should bounce back off their regression if not this game it should be game 2.

     

    OKC -9 (-120) over Nuggets --- 1.2 units

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: May. 5, 2025 - 12:25 PM ET #159

    Quote Originally Posted by bigred84:

     

    peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by bigred84:

     

    peace_5

     
    Macwestie1
    Macwestie1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 171502
    Posted: May. 5, 2025 - 4:50 PM ET #160

    BOL clover on your plays @theclaw peace_5

     

    What do you call an Eternal Optimist? An accordion player with a beeper!
    Reply

    BOL clover on your plays @theclaw peace_5

     

     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6480
    Posted: May. 5, 2025 - 6:06 PM ET #161

    Bad night for my Cavs, great night for you.

     

    Congratulations.

    Reply

    Bad night for my Cavs, great night for you.

     

    Congratulations.

     
    boro33
    boro33
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2014
    Posts: 2756
    Posted: May. 5, 2025 - 6:45 PM ET #162

    Good luck tonight and always enjoy reading your insight on the games. 

    Reply

    Good luck tonight and always enjoy reading your insight on the games. 

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: May. 6, 2025 - 12:27 PM ET #163

    Quote Originally Posted by Macwestie1:

    BOL  on your plays @theclaw

    peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Macwestie1:

    BOL  on your plays @theclaw

    peace_5

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: May. 6, 2025 - 12:32 PM ET #164

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Bad night for my Cavs, great night for you.   Congratulations.

     

    Thanks ..........peace_5

    Reminds me last year I played similar regression spot on the Cavs over Celtics and Cavs won SU on the ML but they missed a last second free throw to end the half in a tie.

    I missed out on that 1st half ML but got a push but hit the game ML with very nice odds. And both spreads.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Bad night for my Cavs, great night for you.   Congratulations.

     

    Thanks ..........peace_5

    Reminds me last year I played similar regression spot on the Cavs over Celtics and Cavs won SU on the ML but they missed a last second free throw to end the half in a tie.

    I missed out on that 1st half ML but got a push but hit the game ML with very nice odds. And both spreads.

     

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: May. 6, 2025 - 12:32 PM ET #165

    Quote Originally Posted by boro33:

    Good luck tonight and always enjoy reading your insight on the games.

     

    Thank you ..............peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by boro33:

    Good luck tonight and always enjoy reading your insight on the games.

     

    Thank you ..............peace_5

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: May. 6, 2025 - 12:34 PM ET #166

    Not sure I have any plays tonight. If I have time will do some thoughts on the games.

     

    I did run the numbers for Jimmy only games in his 31 games played with Warriors.

    Very interesting  comparing what Jimmy did to what Luka did ........an_light

     

    Reply

    Not sure I have any plays tonight. If I have time will do some thoughts on the games.

     

    I did run the numbers for Jimmy only games in his 31 games played with Warriors.

    Very interesting  comparing what Jimmy did to what Luka did ........an_light

     

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: May. 6, 2025 - 12:40 PM ET #167

    0-1, lost 1.1 units

    season 15-11, won 4.01

    Reply

    0-1, lost 1.1 units

    season 15-11, won 4.01

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: May. 7, 2025 - 12:18 PM ET #168

    Wow, crazy happenings last night.

    With Cavs being in what amounts to an historical regression spot that was my thoughts on what could happen and why I was not making a play on the Cavs, not even to win SU. 

    It is difficult to with both road games 1& 2 but that was the spot it could happen. I thought the game would be close with Pacers having a shot to win SU but I thought Cavs would pull it out.

    There are cases of teams losing ATS 3 straight, however it is low probability . I'd  side with Cavs bouncing back next 2 games.

    Same for OKC, they did lose 3 straight after a regression spot, these are generally good spots to back the team off regression  

    And with Nuggets winning 1 game of the 1st 2 on the road they got  what they needed.

    Play is on OKC.

     

    Warriors win does not surprise me as I stated Warriors have a good shot to win series. I said  that before running Jimmy's only games. 

    After running  the numbers, wow, Warriors the much better team.

    Warriors rank 4th in PR I behind only the big 3.

    Well ahead of Twolves. 

    Warriors 5.75

    Twolves 4

    My line on game 1 was Twolves -2.25, huge difference  to the actual line but coming off a 7 game series I didn't want to back Warriors. I waited for game 2 if Wolves won SU.

    7 game series could be worth 2 or 3 pts I'd guess.

     

    Warriors shooting efficiency  margin is over 3% which is strong and CD of past champs but the rebounding  I haven't figured  yet for % of rebs.

    Reply

    Wow, crazy happenings last night.

    With Cavs being in what amounts to an historical regression spot that was my thoughts on what could happen and why I was not making a play on the Cavs, not even to win SU. 

    It is difficult to with both road games 1& 2 but that was the spot it could happen. I thought the game would be close with Pacers having a shot to win SU but I thought Cavs would pull it out.

    There are cases of teams losing ATS 3 straight, however it is low probability . I'd  side with Cavs bouncing back next 2 games.

    Same for OKC, they did lose 3 straight after a regression spot, these are generally good spots to back the team off regression  

    And with Nuggets winning 1 game of the 1st 2 on the road they got  what they needed.

    Play is on OKC.

     

    Warriors win does not surprise me as I stated Warriors have a good shot to win series. I said  that before running Jimmy's only games. 

    After running  the numbers, wow, Warriors the much better team.

    Warriors rank 4th in PR I behind only the big 3.

    Well ahead of Twolves. 

    Warriors 5.75

    Twolves 4

    My line on game 1 was Twolves -2.25, huge difference  to the actual line but coming off a 7 game series I didn't want to back Warriors. I waited for game 2 if Wolves won SU.

    7 game series could be worth 2 or 3 pts I'd guess.

     

    Warriors shooting efficiency  margin is over 3% which is strong and CD of past champs but the rebounding  I haven't figured  yet for % of rebs.

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: May. 7, 2025 - 12:23 PM ET #169

    Now that a trend has been established with road teams winning SU on the road VS the 3 best teams and then the Pacers winning both road games SU I think normalcy returns with home teams getting back on track.

    Although according to my lines favors dogs to cover.

    But I like OKC off regression. I'll  take small action.

    Reply

    Now that a trend has been established with road teams winning SU on the road VS the 3 best teams and then the Pacers winning both road games SU I think normalcy returns with home teams getting back on track.

    Although according to my lines favors dogs to cover.

    But I like OKC off regression. I'll  take small action.

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: May. 7, 2025 - 12:28 PM ET #170

    Celtics are not the same team as last season, I talked about this already. Their 3 pt shooting % is not as good.

    What they did in game 1 trying to create volume 3's don't work without efficiency. 

    All these teams try duplicating the Warriors after the Warriors won the title with 3 pt shooting. 

    Can not do it unless you can match the efficiency which few teams can.

    Celtics did that last year, I pointed that out back then but this year they do not.

    I think there is a fairly good chance Cavs come back beat the Pacers and make the Finals.

    Reply

    Celtics are not the same team as last season, I talked about this already. Their 3 pt shooting % is not as good.

    What they did in game 1 trying to create volume 3's don't work without efficiency. 

    All these teams try duplicating the Warriors after the Warriors won the title with 3 pt shooting. 

    Can not do it unless you can match the efficiency which few teams can.

    Celtics did that last year, I pointed that out back then but this year they do not.

    I think there is a fairly good chance Cavs come back beat the Pacers and make the Finals.

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: May. 7, 2025 - 12:44 PM ET #171

    MY LINES ..............weds

    Celtics -8.72 over Knicks

    OKC -9.57 over Nuggets 

    My line favors Knicks but with Celtics off a home loss I won't back the Knicks.

    My line only slightly  favors Nuggets but would not be enough to play Nuggets in any spot.

    This spot favors OKC.

     

    OKC -10 over Nuggets --- .55 units

    Reply

    MY LINES ..............weds

    Celtics -8.72 over Knicks

    OKC -9.57 over Nuggets 

    My line favors Knicks but with Celtics off a home loss I won't back the Knicks.

    My line only slightly  favors Nuggets but would not be enough to play Nuggets in any spot.

    This spot favors OKC.

     

    OKC -10 over Nuggets --- .55 units

     
    ALLIN22
    ALLIN22
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2015
    Posts: 29
    Posted: May. 7, 2025 - 12:47 PM ET #172

    @theclaw

     Who do you have winning each series in the semi-finals if you had to make a call at this point?

    Reply

    @theclaw

     Who do you have winning each series in the semi-finals if you had to make a call at this point?

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: May. 7, 2025 - 12:53 PM ET #173

    Let's compare what Luka brought to the Lakers with what Jimmy brought to Warriors.

     

     

    LA PR I in Luka only games was 2.25 pts better the LA end of season PR I.

    The end of season includes Luka's 28 games played.

     

    Warriors PR I in Jimmy only games was 4.19 better then end of the season PR I.

    End of season includes Jimmy 31 games played.

     

    Wow, big difference  to what Jimmy brought to the Warroirs then what Luka brought to LA. Almost 2 pts better.

    Luka of course not good on defense I'm sure Jimmy made a bigger difference  on defense then Luka.

    I saw LA was 3rd worst in playoffs in defense. And I did see Luka got beat on 64.2% of drives at him. Players went right around him 64.2 % of the time.

    I suppose we could say Jimmy was a much better fit with the Warriors team then Luka was with the LA team.

    This info would have been very valuable in round 1, would of change how I played Warriors/Rockets series for sure as Warriors much better the Rockets PR I of 2.9.

     

    Interesting  to see how Clippers did in Kawhi games only compared to full season.

    I will run the numbers at some point as this good be a very good lesson going forward in years ahead.

    Reply

    Let's compare what Luka brought to the Lakers with what Jimmy brought to Warriors.

     

     

    LA PR I in Luka only games was 2.25 pts better the LA end of season PR I.

    The end of season includes Luka's 28 games played.

     

    Warriors PR I in Jimmy only games was 4.19 better then end of the season PR I.

    End of season includes Jimmy 31 games played.

     

    Wow, big difference  to what Jimmy brought to the Warroirs then what Luka brought to LA. Almost 2 pts better.

    Luka of course not good on defense I'm sure Jimmy made a bigger difference  on defense then Luka.

    I saw LA was 3rd worst in playoffs in defense. And I did see Luka got beat on 64.2% of drives at him. Players went right around him 64.2 % of the time.

    I suppose we could say Jimmy was a much better fit with the Warriors team then Luka was with the LA team.

    This info would have been very valuable in round 1, would of change how I played Warriors/Rockets series for sure as Warriors much better the Rockets PR I of 2.9.

     

    Interesting  to see how Clippers did in Kawhi games only compared to full season.

    I will run the numbers at some point as this good be a very good lesson going forward in years ahead.

     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6480
    Posted: May. 7, 2025 - 5:26 PM ET #174

    I agree with TC's analysis in Comment #174.  I don't watch much basketball and don't comprehend much of what I do, so I just examine the stats.

    From Basketball Reference, here are some OnCourt +/- stats per 100 possessions for the current season:

    Doncic:

    DEN  9.2

    LAL  7.6

    Butler:

    MIA  3.1

    GSW  9.2

    For this year's playoffs:

    LD  -6.2

    JB  -0.5

    Career regular season:

    LD  3.4

    JB  4.5

    Career playoffs:

    LD  1.0

    JB  -0.5 (spoiled by 4 bad years out of 5 with CHI)

    Overall JB is a more productive/valuable player than LD.

    Reply

    I agree with TC's analysis in Comment #174.  I don't watch much basketball and don't comprehend much of what I do, so I just examine the stats.

    From Basketball Reference, here are some OnCourt +/- stats per 100 possessions for the current season:

    Doncic:

    DEN  9.2

    LAL  7.6

    Butler:

    MIA  3.1

    GSW  9.2

    For this year's playoffs:

    LD  -6.2

    JB  -0.5

    Career regular season:

    LD  3.4

    JB  4.5

    Career playoffs:

    LD  1.0

    JB  -0.5 (spoiled by 4 bad years out of 5 with CHI)

    Overall JB is a more productive/valuable player than LD.

     
     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: May. 7, 2025 - 6:58 PM ET #175

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    I agree with TC's analysis in Comment #174.  I don't watch much basketball and don't comprehend much of what I do, so I just examine the stats. From Basketball Reference, here are some OnCourt +/- stats per 100 possessions for the current season: Doncic: DEN  9.2 LAL  7.6 Butler: MIA  3.1 GSW  9.2 For this year's playoffs: LD  -6.2 JB  -0.5 Career regular season: LD  3.4 JB  4.5 Career playoffs: LD  1.0 JB  -0.5 (spoiled by 4 bad years out of 5 with CHI) Overall JB is a more productive/valuable player than LD.

     

    Very cool look at both players. Thanks for posting ....................peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    I agree with TC's analysis in Comment #174.  I don't watch much basketball and don't comprehend much of what I do, so I just examine the stats. From Basketball Reference, here are some OnCourt +/- stats per 100 possessions for the current season: Doncic: DEN  9.2 LAL  7.6 Butler: MIA  3.1 GSW  9.2 For this year's playoffs: LD  -6.2 JB  -0.5 Career regular season: LD  3.4 JB  4.5 Career playoffs: LD  1.0 JB  -0.5 (spoiled by 4 bad years out of 5 with CHI) Overall JB is a more productive/valuable player than LD.

     

    Very cool look at both players. Thanks for posting ....................peace_5

    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum
    «First Previous 789 ... 202122 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,512
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,272
    • Monday 10/05/2026 628
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,712
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,383
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,366
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 692
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,542
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,896
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,321

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.