• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum

    NBA PLAYOFF TIME .....................2025......

    «First Previous 123 ... 202122 Next Last»
    theclaw
    DogbiteWilliams
    Jimmy_Cats
    Mskeets
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 28344
    Posts: 529
    «First Previous 123 ... 202122 Next Last»
     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2025 - 7:14 PM ET #501

    Let's look at game by game the extra possesions, TO's plus off rebs.

    Game 1 OKC wins by 15

    2. OKC wins by 6

    3. Pacers win by 2

    4. OKC wins by 7

    5. OKC wins by 12

    6. Pacers win by 17

     

    Game 6 was a complete fluke. OKC failed to match the energy and effort of the Pacers.

    The Pacers did not magically get so much better then OKC.

    Teams do not bring the same energy and effort each game, that is not how it works.

    Both players and coaches have talked about this .

    The play has to be on OKC, this is a Game of The Year type play. So many indicators lining up on OKC.

     

    With OKC being young is the one thing will give me caution but at this point every time they needed to get it done they have .

    This would be a larger play if not for being so young, I will stay disciplined only up my play some.

    Reply

    Let's look at game by game the extra possesions, TO's plus off rebs.

    Game 1 OKC wins by 15

    2. OKC wins by 6

    3. Pacers win by 2

    4. OKC wins by 7

    5. OKC wins by 12

    6. Pacers win by 17

     

    Game 6 was a complete fluke. OKC failed to match the energy and effort of the Pacers.

    The Pacers did not magically get so much better then OKC.

    Teams do not bring the same energy and effort each game, that is not how it works.

    Both players and coaches have talked about this .

    The play has to be on OKC, this is a Game of The Year type play. So many indicators lining up on OKC.

     

    With OKC being young is the one thing will give me caution but at this point every time they needed to get it done they have .

    This would be a larger play if not for being so young, I will stay disciplined only up my play some.

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2025 - 7:17 PM ET #502

    Game 6 .....Pacers by 18.

    I hit the wrong number looks like

    Reply

    Game 6 .....Pacers by 18.

    I hit the wrong number looks like

     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6479
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2025 - 7:44 PM ET #503

    My queries are all over the place in Game 7, and my confidence took a hit losing 2.5 units on OKC -1.5 games.  While most of my queries favor OKC SU, I just had one that could be an outlier - it has IND 29-10 ATS.

    As of now I passed on the side, but I might just take OKC and sell some points because, surprisingly, despite getting clobbered in Game 6, my efficiency factor metric makes OKC's DEF effort in Game 6 look like the best of the series.

    I did bet the Under.  Good luck everybody.

    Reply

    My queries are all over the place in Game 7, and my confidence took a hit losing 2.5 units on OKC -1.5 games.  While most of my queries favor OKC SU, I just had one that could be an outlier - it has IND 29-10 ATS.

    As of now I passed on the side, but I might just take OKC and sell some points because, surprisingly, despite getting clobbered in Game 6, my efficiency factor metric makes OKC's DEF effort in Game 6 look like the best of the series.

    I did bet the Under.  Good luck everybody.

     
    Jimmy_Cats
    Jimmy_Cats
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2020
    Posts: 2424
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2025 - 8:02 PM ET #504

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw:

    Game 6 .....Pacers by 18. I hit the wrong number looks like

    You were right the first time.  Pacers won Game 6 by 17.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw:

    Game 6 .....Pacers by 18. I hit the wrong number looks like

    You were right the first time.  Pacers won Game 6 by 17.

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2025 - 8:03 PM ET #505

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    My queries are all over the place in Game 7, and my confidence took a hit losing 2.5 units on OKC -1.5 games.  While most of my queries favor OKC SU, I just had one that could be an outlier - it has IND 29-10 ATS. As of now I passed on the side, but I might just take OKC and sell some points because, surprisingly, despite getting clobbered in Game 6, my efficiency factor metric makes OKC's DEF effort in Game 6 look like the best of the series. I did bet the Under.  Good luck everybody.

    peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    My queries are all over the place in Game 7, and my confidence took a hit losing 2.5 units on OKC -1.5 games.  While most of my queries favor OKC SU, I just had one that could be an outlier - it has IND 29-10 ATS. As of now I passed on the side, but I might just take OKC and sell some points because, surprisingly, despite getting clobbered in Game 6, my efficiency factor metric makes OKC's DEF effort in Game 6 look like the best of the series. I did bet the Under.  Good luck everybody.

    peace_5

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2025 - 8:04 PM ET #506

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Cats:

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw: Game 6 .....Pacers by 18. I hit the wrong number looks like You were right the first time.  Pacers won Game 6 by 17.

    Pacers won TO's by 11 and off rebs by 7.peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Cats:

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw: Game 6 .....Pacers by 18. I hit the wrong number looks like You were right the first time.  Pacers won Game 6 by 17.

    Pacers won TO's by 11 and off rebs by 7.peace_5

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2025 - 8:05 PM ET #507

    OKC -6 (-120) over Pacers --- .6 units

    This is ridiculous, line still dropping, crazy talk

    Reply

    OKC -6 (-120) over Pacers --- .6 units

    This is ridiculous, line still dropping, crazy talk

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2025 - 8:08 PM ET #508

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    My queries are all over the place in Game 7, and my confidence took a hit losing 2.5 units on OKC -1.5 games.  While most of my queries favor OKC SU, I just had one that could be an outlier - it has IND 29-10 ATS. As of now I passed on the side, but I might just take OKC and sell some points because, surprisingly, despite getting clobbered in Game 6, my efficiency factor metric makes OKC's DEF effort in Game 6 look like the best of the series. I did bet the Under.  Good luck everybody.

    How is that possible dog ?

    Pacers I think shot their highest shooting efficiency % of any game.

    According to my meterics OKC defense was not good

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    My queries are all over the place in Game 7, and my confidence took a hit losing 2.5 units on OKC -1.5 games.  While most of my queries favor OKC SU, I just had one that could be an outlier - it has IND 29-10 ATS. As of now I passed on the side, but I might just take OKC and sell some points because, surprisingly, despite getting clobbered in Game 6, my efficiency factor metric makes OKC's DEF effort in Game 6 look like the best of the series. I did bet the Under.  Good luck everybody.

    How is that possible dog ?

    Pacers I think shot their highest shooting efficiency % of any game.

    According to my meterics OKC defense was not good

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2025 - 8:10 PM ET #509

    What I am seeing is even people who like OKC won't take them on the line, they 9nly like ML or similar type props.

    This is just crazy how much Love this Pacers team has Game 7. 

    Reply

    What I am seeing is even people who like OKC won't take them on the line, they 9nly like ML or similar type props.

    This is just crazy how much Love this Pacers team has Game 7. 

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2025 - 9:46 PM ET #510

    OKC won 1st half by 4 extra possesions

     

    They already won 2cd by 5 at the 6 minute mark of 3rd.

    Reply

    OKC won 1st half by 4 extra possesions

     

    They already won 2cd by 5 at the 6 minute mark of 3rd.

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2025 - 10:03 PM ET #511

    OKC now up by 13 after 3 . They won the 3rd by 9.

    This is the reason they have a big lead.

    FG% almost even, 3 pt % Pacers winning big, it is all those extra possesions as to why OKC is up in this game.

     

    Pacers are not very likely coming back.

    Likely OKC builds on this leaf

    Reply

    OKC now up by 13 after 3 . They won the 3rd by 9.

    This is the reason they have a big lead.

    FG% almost even, 3 pt % Pacers winning big, it is all those extra possesions as to why OKC is up in this game.

     

    Pacers are not very likely coming back.

    Likely OKC builds on this leaf

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2025 - 11:01 PM ET #512

    OKC won extra possesions  by 15.

    That was the game in itself. 

    Reply

    OKC won extra possesions  by 15.

    That was the game in itself. 

     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6479
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2025 - 1:50 AM ET #513

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw:

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams: My queries are all over the place in Game 7, and my confidence took a hit losing 2.5 units on OKC -1.5 games.  While most of my queries favor OKC SU, I just had one that could be an outlier - it has IND 29-10 ATS. As of now I passed on the side, but I might just take OKC and sell some points because, surprisingly, despite getting clobbered in Game 6, my efficiency factor metric makes OKC's DEF effort in Game 6 look like the best of the series. I did bet the Under.  Good luck everybody. How is that possible dog ? Pacers I think shot their highest shooting efficiency % of any game. According to my meterics OKC defense was not good

     

    Your efficiency stats are undoubtedly better than mine; your pointspread record is better than mine most of the time.

    I compute my Efficiency Factor (EF or EFF FAC) like this:

    points/FGAs

    The OFF EF can be bolstered by 3 ways: higher FG%, greater proportion of made FGs are 3s, or lots of made free throws.  A sound DEF EF keeps the opponent low in the same 3 ways.  While this does not consider net chances, this ratio can be used in queries and, to the best of my knowledge, I have never seen anyone else discuss this, so it gives me a unique perspective.

    Parameters such as ORBs, TOs, DEF TAs and many other fundamental factors affecting net chances can also be added to queries.  Sport Data Query Language is thought of as "Technical Handicapping," but I now think of it as just a VERY efficient way of researching fundamentals stats and their relationships to lines and totals.  I can get an answer in just a few seconds rather than searching through newspapers, magazines and websites for hours.

    This is one of the queries that got me to take the Under in Game 7 and it does include IND's Game 6 OFF EF which is the same as OKC's Game 6 DEF EF:

    PO = 1 and HF and p:TOM - pp:TOM > 9.5 and op:points/op:FGA < 1.22

    OU = 12-39-0  (-6.5,23.5%)

    By parts:

    Playoffs/HF/in the previous game OKC's turnover margins was at least 10 worse than the previous previous game/IND's Game 6 points div by its Game 6 FGAs was less than 1.22 (league avg this season is 1.28 and 1.27 in the playoffs.  IND's Game 6 EF was a weak 1.17; in Game 2 OKC's was a whopping 1.50).

    The closing total was 215.5 which was a shockingly low total for lightning-paced IND whose OFF is much better than its DEF.  This season before today's game IND has had 103 games with posted totals over 218.2 and just one below 218.2.  There is NO way I could have come up with an Under wager without the above query (as well as others).

    SDQL is worth investigating.  It's still about 2 1/2 months until the NFL kicks off.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw:

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams: My queries are all over the place in Game 7, and my confidence took a hit losing 2.5 units on OKC -1.5 games.  While most of my queries favor OKC SU, I just had one that could be an outlier - it has IND 29-10 ATS. As of now I passed on the side, but I might just take OKC and sell some points because, surprisingly, despite getting clobbered in Game 6, my efficiency factor metric makes OKC's DEF effort in Game 6 look like the best of the series. I did bet the Under.  Good luck everybody. How is that possible dog ? Pacers I think shot their highest shooting efficiency % of any game. According to my meterics OKC defense was not good

     

    Your efficiency stats are undoubtedly better than mine; your pointspread record is better than mine most of the time.

    I compute my Efficiency Factor (EF or EFF FAC) like this:

    points/FGAs

    The OFF EF can be bolstered by 3 ways: higher FG%, greater proportion of made FGs are 3s, or lots of made free throws.  A sound DEF EF keeps the opponent low in the same 3 ways.  While this does not consider net chances, this ratio can be used in queries and, to the best of my knowledge, I have never seen anyone else discuss this, so it gives me a unique perspective.

    Parameters such as ORBs, TOs, DEF TAs and many other fundamental factors affecting net chances can also be added to queries.  Sport Data Query Language is thought of as "Technical Handicapping," but I now think of it as just a VERY efficient way of researching fundamentals stats and their relationships to lines and totals.  I can get an answer in just a few seconds rather than searching through newspapers, magazines and websites for hours.

    This is one of the queries that got me to take the Under in Game 7 and it does include IND's Game 6 OFF EF which is the same as OKC's Game 6 DEF EF:

    PO = 1 and HF and p:TOM - pp:TOM > 9.5 and op:points/op:FGA < 1.22

    OU = 12-39-0  (-6.5,23.5%)

    By parts:

    Playoffs/HF/in the previous game OKC's turnover margins was at least 10 worse than the previous previous game/IND's Game 6 points div by its Game 6 FGAs was less than 1.22 (league avg this season is 1.28 and 1.27 in the playoffs.  IND's Game 6 EF was a weak 1.17; in Game 2 OKC's was a whopping 1.50).

    The closing total was 215.5 which was a shockingly low total for lightning-paced IND whose OFF is much better than its DEF.  This season before today's game IND has had 103 games with posted totals over 218.2 and just one below 218.2.  There is NO way I could have come up with an Under wager without the above query (as well as others).

    SDQL is worth investigating.  It's still about 2 1/2 months until the NFL kicks off.

     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6479
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2025 - 1:55 AM ET #514

    Congratulations on nailing Game 7.  It's always nice to finish the season on a high note.

    Reply

    Congratulations on nailing Game 7.  It's always nice to finish the season on a high note.

     
    Mskeets
    Mskeets
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2021
    Posts: 2531
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2025 - 8:05 AM ET #515

    Good job claw… appreciate your time n efforts. 

    Reply

    Good job claw… appreciate your time n efforts. 

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2025 - 11:55 AM ET #516

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw: Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams: My queries are all over the place in Game 7, and my confidence took a hit losing 2.5 units on OKC -1.5 games.  While most of my queries favor OKC SU, I just had one that could be an outlier - it has IND 29-10 ATS. As of now I passed on the side, but I might just take OKC and sell some points because, surprisingly, despite getting clobbered in Game 6, my efficiency factor metric makes OKC's DEF effort in Game 6 look like the best of the series. I did bet the Under.  Good luck everybody. How is that possible dog ? Pacers I think shot their highest shooting efficiency % of any game. According to my meterics OKC defense was not good   Your efficiency stats are undoubtedly better than mine; your pointspread record is better than mine most of the time. I compute my Efficiency Factor (EF or EFF FAC) like this: points/FGAs The OFF EF can be bolstered by 3 ways: higher FG%, greater proportion of made FGs are 3s, or lots of made free throws.  A sound DEF EF keeps the opponent low in the same 3 ways.  While this does not consider net chances, this ratio can be used in queries and, to the best of my knowledge, I have never seen anyone else discuss this, so it gives me a unique perspective. Parameters such as ORBs, TOs, DEF TAs and many other fundamental factors affecting net chances can also be added to queries.  Sport Data Query Language is thought of as "Technical Handicapping," but I now think of it as just a VERY efficient way of researching fundamentals stats and their relationships to lines and totals.  I can get an answer in just a few seconds rather than searching through newspapers, magazines and websites for hours. This is one of the queries that got me to take the Under in Game 7 and it does include IND's Game 6 OFF EF which is the same as OKC's Game 6 DEF EF: PO = 1 and HF and p:TOM - pp:TOM > 9.5 and op:points/op:FGA < 1.22 OU = 12-39-0  (-6.5,23.5%) By parts: Playoffs/HF/in the previous game OKC's turnover margins was at least 10 worse than the previous previous game/IND's Game 6 points div by its Game 6 FGAs was less than 1.22 (league avg this season is 1.28 and 1.27 in the playoffs.  IND's Game 6 EF was a weak 1.17; in Game 2 OKC's was a whopping 1.50). The closing total was 215.5 which was a shockingly low total for lightning-paced IND whose OFF is much better than its DEF.  This season before today's game IND has had 103 games with posted totals over 218.2 and just one below 218.2.  There is NO way I could have come up with an Under wager without the above query (as well as others). SDQL is worth investigating.  It's still about 2 1/2 months until the NFL kicks off.

     

    Good stuff. I agree, very nice to get all that info quickly using queries..................peace_5

     

    Someday I hope to learn that stuff.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw: Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams: My queries are all over the place in Game 7, and my confidence took a hit losing 2.5 units on OKC -1.5 games.  While most of my queries favor OKC SU, I just had one that could be an outlier - it has IND 29-10 ATS. As of now I passed on the side, but I might just take OKC and sell some points because, surprisingly, despite getting clobbered in Game 6, my efficiency factor metric makes OKC's DEF effort in Game 6 look like the best of the series. I did bet the Under.  Good luck everybody. How is that possible dog ? Pacers I think shot their highest shooting efficiency % of any game. According to my meterics OKC defense was not good   Your efficiency stats are undoubtedly better than mine; your pointspread record is better than mine most of the time. I compute my Efficiency Factor (EF or EFF FAC) like this: points/FGAs The OFF EF can be bolstered by 3 ways: higher FG%, greater proportion of made FGs are 3s, or lots of made free throws.  A sound DEF EF keeps the opponent low in the same 3 ways.  While this does not consider net chances, this ratio can be used in queries and, to the best of my knowledge, I have never seen anyone else discuss this, so it gives me a unique perspective. Parameters such as ORBs, TOs, DEF TAs and many other fundamental factors affecting net chances can also be added to queries.  Sport Data Query Language is thought of as "Technical Handicapping," but I now think of it as just a VERY efficient way of researching fundamentals stats and their relationships to lines and totals.  I can get an answer in just a few seconds rather than searching through newspapers, magazines and websites for hours. This is one of the queries that got me to take the Under in Game 7 and it does include IND's Game 6 OFF EF which is the same as OKC's Game 6 DEF EF: PO = 1 and HF and p:TOM - pp:TOM > 9.5 and op:points/op:FGA < 1.22 OU = 12-39-0  (-6.5,23.5%) By parts: Playoffs/HF/in the previous game OKC's turnover margins was at least 10 worse than the previous previous game/IND's Game 6 points div by its Game 6 FGAs was less than 1.22 (league avg this season is 1.28 and 1.27 in the playoffs.  IND's Game 6 EF was a weak 1.17; in Game 2 OKC's was a whopping 1.50). The closing total was 215.5 which was a shockingly low total for lightning-paced IND whose OFF is much better than its DEF.  This season before today's game IND has had 103 games with posted totals over 218.2 and just one below 218.2.  There is NO way I could have come up with an Under wager without the above query (as well as others). SDQL is worth investigating.  It's still about 2 1/2 months until the NFL kicks off.

     

    Good stuff. I agree, very nice to get all that info quickly using queries..................peace_5

     

    Someday I hope to learn that stuff.

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2025 - 11:56 AM ET #517

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Congratulations on nailing Game 7.  It's always nice to finish the season on a high note.

     

     

    Thank you ..........peace_5

    Yes very nice to go out with a big win. That was my largest play of the playoffs dog, not sure if you knew that.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Congratulations on nailing Game 7.  It's always nice to finish the season on a high note.

     

     

    Thank you ..........peace_5

    Yes very nice to go out with a big win. That was my largest play of the playoffs dog, not sure if you knew that.

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2025 - 11:58 AM ET #518

    Quote Originally Posted by Mskeets:

    Good job claw… appreciate your time n efforts.

     

    Thank you .................peace_5

    Best of luck to you

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Mskeets:

    Good job claw… appreciate your time n efforts.

     

    Thank you .................peace_5

    Best of luck to you

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2025 - 12:16 PM ET #519

    1-0, won 2.5 units

    Props --- 0-3, lost .3 units

     

    Game 7 turned out to be my largest play this playoffs. It was a Game of The Year type play as everything lined up on OKC.

    Pacers did win FG% by 1.2% and 3 pt % big by 11.8% but OKC did take 12 more, that is alot more but I don't think they created much advantage over 2 pt shots.

    Pacers won FT battle by 4.9% , OKC DID take 2 more. Generally a strength of OKC.

    SHOOTING EFFICIENCY without using TO's.........

    Pacers 53.85%

    OKC 50.24%

    Pacers won this fairly big, the only way OKC could over-come this is to have More Shot Attempts. 

    And that is the importance of creating more possesions/shot attempts.

    OKC won this battle by 15, TO battle by 14 and off reb by 1.

    OkC's other strength winning the TO battle they won big.

    That 15 was tied for the most of any game in this series.

    Now when we go back and look at game 6 with Pacers winning by 18 we should be able to understand what a fluke game that was for the Pacers to win big. And then so many over-reacting to that win.

    Pacers only won 1 other game by a measly 2 extra possessions.

    I did point this out at the start of this series, Pacers would need to win FG% battle in many games because if they lose FG% they can't  make that up with extra possesions. 

    But OKC can and do it large enough to win games even if they are out-shot in the game.

    And that right there is what cost the Pacers the title.

     

    Reply

    1-0, won 2.5 units

    Props --- 0-3, lost .3 units

     

    Game 7 turned out to be my largest play this playoffs. It was a Game of The Year type play as everything lined up on OKC.

    Pacers did win FG% by 1.2% and 3 pt % big by 11.8% but OKC did take 12 more, that is alot more but I don't think they created much advantage over 2 pt shots.

    Pacers won FT battle by 4.9% , OKC DID take 2 more. Generally a strength of OKC.

    SHOOTING EFFICIENCY without using TO's.........

    Pacers 53.85%

    OKC 50.24%

    Pacers won this fairly big, the only way OKC could over-come this is to have More Shot Attempts. 

    And that is the importance of creating more possesions/shot attempts.

    OKC won this battle by 15, TO battle by 14 and off reb by 1.

    OkC's other strength winning the TO battle they won big.

    That 15 was tied for the most of any game in this series.

    Now when we go back and look at game 6 with Pacers winning by 18 we should be able to understand what a fluke game that was for the Pacers to win big. And then so many over-reacting to that win.

    Pacers only won 1 other game by a measly 2 extra possessions.

    I did point this out at the start of this series, Pacers would need to win FG% battle in many games because if they lose FG% they can't  make that up with extra possesions. 

    But OKC can and do it large enough to win games even if they are out-shot in the game.

    And that right there is what cost the Pacers the title.

     

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2025 - 12:21 PM ET #520

    Next year many will be on Pacers to win title.

    Unless they improve their rebounding I doubt they make the Finals.

    I think they got a little lucky Cavs were hurt.

    Maybe they still could have won, they did seem to have some magic for sure with good chemistry and played very well together but I think Cavs win.

    Reply

    Next year many will be on Pacers to win title.

    Unless they improve their rebounding I doubt they make the Finals.

    I think they got a little lucky Cavs were hurt.

    Maybe they still could have won, they did seem to have some magic for sure with good chemistry and played very well together but I think Cavs win.

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2025 - 12:31 PM ET #521

    Playoffs to Date ---- 27-20 (57.4%) , won 8.29 units

    futures & props 0-4, lost .8 units

     

    Want to thank everyone for all their responses, kind words and just stopping by to have a look at my info, I hope it helped if only in a small way..........................peace_5

    Reply

    Playoffs to Date ---- 27-20 (57.4%) , won 8.29 units

    futures & props 0-4, lost .8 units

     

    Want to thank everyone for all their responses, kind words and just stopping by to have a look at my info, I hope it helped if only in a small way..........................peace_5

     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6479
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2025 - 4:00 PM ET #522

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw:

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams: Congratulations on nailing Game 7.  It's always nice to finish the season on a high note.     Thank you .......... Yes very nice to go out with a big win. That was my largest play of the playoffs dog, not sure if you knew that.

    Didn't know that.  Extra bonus congratulations.

    I won 3.5 units on the Under.  That was my biggest win of the entire season.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw:

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams: Congratulations on nailing Game 7.  It's always nice to finish the season on a high note.     Thank you .......... Yes very nice to go out with a big win. That was my largest play of the playoffs dog, not sure if you knew that.

    Didn't know that.  Extra bonus congratulations.

    I won 3.5 units on the Under.  That was my biggest win of the entire season.

     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6479
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2025 - 1:12 AM ET #523

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw:

    Next year many will be on Pacers to win title. Unless they improve their rebounding I doubt they make the Finals. I think they got a little lucky Cavs were hurt. Maybe they still could have won, they did seem to have some magic for sure with good chemistry and played very well together but I think Cavs win.

     

    I doubt that.  IND was 10-1 to win the 2026 NBA title before the Haliburton injury.  Now IND is 40-1.

    This does improve BOS's and CLV's chances.

    Kevin Durant is headed to HOU, so next season is already shaping up to be pretty interesting.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw:

    Next year many will be on Pacers to win title. Unless they improve their rebounding I doubt they make the Finals. I think they got a little lucky Cavs were hurt. Maybe they still could have won, they did seem to have some magic for sure with good chemistry and played very well together but I think Cavs win.

     

    I doubt that.  IND was 10-1 to win the 2026 NBA title before the Haliburton injury.  Now IND is 40-1.

    This does improve BOS's and CLV's chances.

    Kevin Durant is headed to HOU, so next season is already shaping up to be pretty interesting.

     

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2025 - 11:09 AM ET #524

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw: Next year many will be on Pacers to win title. Unless they improve their rebounding I doubt they make the Finals. I think they got a little lucky Cavs were hurt. Maybe they still could have won, they did seem to have some magic for sure with good chemistry and played very well together but I think Cavs win.   I doubt that.  IND was 10-1 to win the 2026 NBA title before the Haliburton injury.  Now IND is 40-1. This does improve BOS's and CLV's chances. Kevin Durant is headed to HOU, so next season is already shaping up to be pretty interesting.

     

    Appreciate your perspective  dog.

    After the finals the books did well with futures cause OKC won title. But had Pacers won I saw they would have lost money on futures coz paying out all those high odds bets.

    Being 1 game away from the title and getting big odds I think many will jump all over that. As public loves big odds especially if they think it has a great chance to hit.

    But with Hali injury maybe that causes some concern if he will be back at 100%.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw: Next year many will be on Pacers to win title. Unless they improve their rebounding I doubt they make the Finals. I think they got a little lucky Cavs were hurt. Maybe they still could have won, they did seem to have some magic for sure with good chemistry and played very well together but I think Cavs win.   I doubt that.  IND was 10-1 to win the 2026 NBA title before the Haliburton injury.  Now IND is 40-1. This does improve BOS's and CLV's chances. Kevin Durant is headed to HOU, so next season is already shaping up to be pretty interesting.

     

    Appreciate your perspective  dog.

    After the finals the books did well with futures cause OKC won title. But had Pacers won I saw they would have lost money on futures coz paying out all those high odds bets.

    Being 1 game away from the title and getting big odds I think many will jump all over that. As public loves big odds especially if they think it has a great chance to hit.

    But with Hali injury maybe that causes some concern if he will be back at 100%.

     
     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2025 - 11:20 AM ET #525

    I agree KD going to Rockets will be very interesting.  However KD is past his prime, no longer an elite player.

     

    Former great players may bring alot of hope and promise but rarely bring titles.

     

    His Player Efficiency Rating dipped below 24 past 2 years at just over 21.

    And his vorp which is probably the best indicator as it is cumulative meaning measures both games played and minutes played dipped way below an elite player which is 7 or better  at a pretty pathetic 3 and 4.3, ... 2 years ago.

    And his win shares per 48 minutes again pretty pathetic at .111 and .142 when .222 is elite when looking back at other great players.

    He is well below his career averages .

    And he could not get a title in his prime playing on some pretty good teams untill he teamed up with a championship team. I don't think he has the leadership skills to do it. 

    I dont see it but maybe with better players around him he could have a big year but honestly I doubt it.

    But I do think it will be interesting  to watch it unfold and he certainly has brought excitement and hope to Houston.

    Reply

    I agree KD going to Rockets will be very interesting.  However KD is past his prime, no longer an elite player.

     

    Former great players may bring alot of hope and promise but rarely bring titles.

     

    His Player Efficiency Rating dipped below 24 past 2 years at just over 21.

    And his vorp which is probably the best indicator as it is cumulative meaning measures both games played and minutes played dipped way below an elite player which is 7 or better  at a pretty pathetic 3 and 4.3, ... 2 years ago.

    And his win shares per 48 minutes again pretty pathetic at .111 and .142 when .222 is elite when looking back at other great players.

    He is well below his career averages .

    And he could not get a title in his prime playing on some pretty good teams untill he teamed up with a championship team. I don't think he has the leadership skills to do it. 

    I dont see it but maybe with better players around him he could have a big year but honestly I doubt it.

    But I do think it will be interesting  to watch it unfold and he certainly has brought excitement and hope to Houston.

    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum
    «First Previous 123 ... 202122 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,486
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,711
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 692
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,374
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,264
    • Monday 10/05/2026 526
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,528
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,893
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,321
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 17,022

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.