• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum

    NBA PLAYOFF TIME .....................2025......

    «First Previous 151617 ... 202122 Next Last»
    theclaw
    DogbiteWilliams
    spottie2935
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 28344
    Posts: 529
    «First Previous 151617 ... 202122 Next Last»
     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 2, 2025 - 9:53 AM ET #351

    OKC player clearly better then the Pacers in both the regular season and the playoffs.

    Pacers did improve alot in shooting efficiency margin  in the playoffs by over 2% but what typically happens is, if shooting efficiency  makes a big improvement  then rebounding falls off.

    And that is exactly what happened to the Pacers.

    Rebounding decreased by over 2%

    So Pacers PR II stays almost the same. 

    PR I will improve since shooting efficiency  carries more weight  in PR I.

    Pacers were already a very poor rebounding team 8n the regular season, one of the worst to ever make the Finals but in the playoffs they drop to a pathetic low level of rebounding.

    Reply

    OKC player clearly better then the Pacers in both the regular season and the playoffs.

    Pacers did improve alot in shooting efficiency margin  in the playoffs by over 2% but what typically happens is, if shooting efficiency  makes a big improvement  then rebounding falls off.

    And that is exactly what happened to the Pacers.

    Rebounding decreased by over 2%

    So Pacers PR II stays almost the same. 

    PR I will improve since shooting efficiency  carries more weight  in PR I.

    Pacers were already a very poor rebounding team 8n the regular season, one of the worst to ever make the Finals but in the playoffs they drop to a pathetic low level of rebounding.

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 2, 2025 - 10:03 AM ET #352

    I pointed out going into conference  finals that Ant was not an elite player.

     

    Well, I am here to tell you Haliburton is not an elite player either, nor is Siakam.

    OKC has 4 players as good or better then these 2 best players on the Pacers 

    Haliburton player efficiency  rating is like 21.7 when  24 is elite, he was 21.8 in playoffs.

    Siakam was lower, below 20.

    Haliburton win shares per 48 minutes is .188 in other works he contributes 18.8 % of each win Pacers have.

    When 22 % is elite. OKC has 2 players better then Pacers best player and a 3rd player almost as good. 

    One of the best if not the single best advanced metrics is VORP, measures everything a player does on the court plus what makes it great is it is acumlative. So it measures games played and minutes  played as a play continues to accumulate over more games, more minutes.

    Haliburton 1 Vorp in 16 playoff games equates to like 5.1 or so over 82 games.

    Elite is 7 or better.

    OKC has 2 players better.

     

    Everything points to OKC winning this series  and it may not be all that close............

    Reply

    I pointed out going into conference  finals that Ant was not an elite player.

     

    Well, I am here to tell you Haliburton is not an elite player either, nor is Siakam.

    OKC has 4 players as good or better then these 2 best players on the Pacers 

    Haliburton player efficiency  rating is like 21.7 when  24 is elite, he was 21.8 in playoffs.

    Siakam was lower, below 20.

    Haliburton win shares per 48 minutes is .188 in other works he contributes 18.8 % of each win Pacers have.

    When 22 % is elite. OKC has 2 players better then Pacers best player and a 3rd player almost as good. 

    One of the best if not the single best advanced metrics is VORP, measures everything a player does on the court plus what makes it great is it is acumlative. So it measures games played and minutes  played as a play continues to accumulate over more games, more minutes.

    Haliburton 1 Vorp in 16 playoff games equates to like 5.1 or so over 82 games.

    Elite is 7 or better.

    OKC has 2 players better.

     

    Everything points to OKC winning this series  and it may not be all that close............

     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6481
    Posted: Jun. 2, 2025 - 4:30 PM ET #353

    I agree with your analysis, TC.  I think OKC looks historically powerful based on my analysis of blowout wins.  I'm lazy, but I may start a thread.

    I took OKC -1.5 games/-250 on Saturday, but I am thinking about adding another unit or two on the series.

    Of course the linesmakers know this series is a mismatch; Heritage had OKC -635 to take the series.  That is certainly the largest line I can recall for the NBA championship series.

    Reply

    I agree with your analysis, TC.  I think OKC looks historically powerful based on my analysis of blowout wins.  I'm lazy, but I may start a thread.

    I took OKC -1.5 games/-250 on Saturday, but I am thinking about adding another unit or two on the series.

    Of course the linesmakers know this series is a mismatch; Heritage had OKC -635 to take the series.  That is certainly the largest line I can recall for the NBA championship series.

     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6481
    Posted: Jun. 2, 2025 - 9:20 PM ET #354

    Playoffs rebound research for TC and his many followers - the SDQL is pretty straightforward:

    PO = 1 and RB - o:RB > 3.5

    SU:   949-398 (7.2,70.5%)

    ATS:  904-424-19 (5.3,68.1%)

    In the playoffs, a team that outrebounds their opponent by 4+ in the current game wins 70.5% of the games and covers 68.1% of the games.

    PO = 1 and HF and -6.7 > line > -11.7 and RB - o:RB > 3.5

    SU:   191-25 (12.3,88.4%)

    ATS:  140-75-1 (3.7,65.1%) 

    If they are home favorites of -7 to -11.5 points, a team that outrebounds their opponent by 4+ in the current game wins 88.4% of the games and covers 65.1% of the games.  Unfortunately, I have no idea if OKC will have 4 or more RBs than IND in Game 1.

    Also, IND has been damn tough opponent this postseason.  When outrebounded by 4+, they have been 7-3 SU and 6-4 ATS.

    Reply

    Playoffs rebound research for TC and his many followers - the SDQL is pretty straightforward:

    PO = 1 and RB - o:RB > 3.5

    SU:   949-398 (7.2,70.5%)

    ATS:  904-424-19 (5.3,68.1%)

    In the playoffs, a team that outrebounds their opponent by 4+ in the current game wins 70.5% of the games and covers 68.1% of the games.

    PO = 1 and HF and -6.7 > line > -11.7 and RB - o:RB > 3.5

    SU:   191-25 (12.3,88.4%)

    ATS:  140-75-1 (3.7,65.1%) 

    If they are home favorites of -7 to -11.5 points, a team that outrebounds their opponent by 4+ in the current game wins 88.4% of the games and covers 65.1% of the games.  Unfortunately, I have no idea if OKC will have 4 or more RBs than IND in Game 1.

    Also, IND has been damn tough opponent this postseason.  When outrebounded by 4+, they have been 7-3 SU and 6-4 ATS.

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 3, 2025 - 9:01 AM ET #355

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    I agree with your analysis, TC.  I think OKC looks historically powerful based on my analysis of blowout wins.  I'm lazy, but I may start a thread. I took OKC -1.5 games/-250 on Saturday, but I am thinking about adding another unit or two on the series. Of course the linesmakers know this series is a mismatch; Heritage had OKC -635 to take the series.  That is certainly the largest line I can recall for the NBA championship series.

     

    Yes books know this is a mismatch. My book has OKC -675 to win series. That is an implied 87% win rate.

    That is about what I think it is, a team like OKC playing a team like Pacers , OKC  should win in the high 80%'s. Up close to 90% of the time.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    I agree with your analysis, TC.  I think OKC looks historically powerful based on my analysis of blowout wins.  I'm lazy, but I may start a thread. I took OKC -1.5 games/-250 on Saturday, but I am thinking about adding another unit or two on the series. Of course the linesmakers know this series is a mismatch; Heritage had OKC -635 to take the series.  That is certainly the largest line I can recall for the NBA championship series.

     

    Yes books know this is a mismatch. My book has OKC -675 to win series. That is an implied 87% win rate.

    That is about what I think it is, a team like OKC playing a team like Pacers , OKC  should win in the high 80%'s. Up close to 90% of the time.

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 3, 2025 - 9:10 AM ET #356

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Playoffs rebound research for TC and his many followers - the SDQL is pretty straightforward: PO = 1 and RB - o:RB > 3.5 SU:   949-398 (7.2,70.5%) ATS:  904-424-19 (5.3,68.1%) In the playoffs, a team that outrebounds their opponent by 4+ in the current game wins 70.5% of the games and covers 68.1% of the games. PO = 1 and HF and -6.7 > line > -11.7 and RB - o:RB > 3.5 SU:   191-25 (12.3,88.4%) ATS:  140-75-1 (3.7,65.1%)  If they are home favorites of -7 to -11.5 points, a team that outrebounds their opponent by 4+ in the current game wins 88.4% of the games and covers 65.1% of the games.  Unfortunately, I have no idea if OKC will have 4 or more RBs than IND in Game 1. Also, IND has been damn tough opponent this postseason.  When outrebounded by 4+, they have been 7-3 SU and 6-4 ATS.

     

    Good stuff dog, thanks for posting that info, much appreciated..........peace_5

    I am aware that rebounding has a high correlation to winning games. I built my PR's around correlation to winning stats l. I bought a book years ago on this subject, long before the internet. 

    The reason Pacers may have won despite being outrebounded is they could have won the FG% battle or shooting efficiency  battle when adding in extra credit for 3's and FT's.

    Doubt they will do this VS OKC, especially  when adding in TO's.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Playoffs rebound research for TC and his many followers - the SDQL is pretty straightforward: PO = 1 and RB - o:RB > 3.5 SU:   949-398 (7.2,70.5%) ATS:  904-424-19 (5.3,68.1%) In the playoffs, a team that outrebounds their opponent by 4+ in the current game wins 70.5% of the games and covers 68.1% of the games. PO = 1 and HF and -6.7 > line > -11.7 and RB - o:RB > 3.5 SU:   191-25 (12.3,88.4%) ATS:  140-75-1 (3.7,65.1%)  If they are home favorites of -7 to -11.5 points, a team that outrebounds their opponent by 4+ in the current game wins 88.4% of the games and covers 65.1% of the games.  Unfortunately, I have no idea if OKC will have 4 or more RBs than IND in Game 1. Also, IND has been damn tough opponent this postseason.  When outrebounded by 4+, they have been 7-3 SU and 6-4 ATS.

     

    Good stuff dog, thanks for posting that info, much appreciated..........peace_5

    I am aware that rebounding has a high correlation to winning games. I built my PR's around correlation to winning stats l. I bought a book years ago on this subject, long before the internet. 

    The reason Pacers may have won despite being outrebounded is they could have won the FG% battle or shooting efficiency  battle when adding in extra credit for 3's and FT's.

    Doubt they will do this VS OKC, especially  when adding in TO's.

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 3, 2025 - 9:17 AM ET #357

    Let's  look at our 5 teams with  home court advantage  that were 3.25 or better in Playoff Only Power Rating.........

    This is important as these teams were better in both the regular season and the playoffs.

    9-1 SU in game's 1 & 2.

    4 of the 5 game 1's were won by 9 pts or more

    3 of the 5 teams won both home games 1 & 2 by 9 pts or more

    These 5 teams combined to win 11 of 14 home games throughtout the entire series by 9 pts or more.

     

    The play is on OKC

    Reply

    Let's  look at our 5 teams with  home court advantage  that were 3.25 or better in Playoff Only Power Rating.........

    This is important as these teams were better in both the regular season and the playoffs.

    9-1 SU in game's 1 & 2.

    4 of the 5 game 1's were won by 9 pts or more

    3 of the 5 teams won both home games 1 & 2 by 9 pts or more

    These 5 teams combined to win 11 of 14 home games throughtout the entire series by 9 pts or more.

     

    The play is on OKC

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 3, 2025 - 9:25 AM ET #358

    MY LINES ..............game 1

    OKC -12.51 over Pacers

    NBA Finals game 1..............

    Teams better by the minimum of 1.25 in PR I and .75 in PR II and a 1 pt difference  to the closing line are 10-4 ATS in game 1's.

    Of the 4 teams failed to cover they went 3-1 ATS  in game 2.

    Play is on OKC

     

     

    OKC -9 over Pacers --- 1.1 units

    Reply

    MY LINES ..............game 1

    OKC -12.51 over Pacers

    NBA Finals game 1..............

    Teams better by the minimum of 1.25 in PR I and .75 in PR II and a 1 pt difference  to the closing line are 10-4 ATS in game 1's.

    Of the 4 teams failed to cover they went 3-1 ATS  in game 2.

    Play is on OKC

     

     

    OKC -9 over Pacers --- 1.1 units

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 3, 2025 - 9:53 AM ET #359

    Game 1 is a very strong spot, I could have played more units.

    However, as I talked about before the playoffs and during the playoffs young teams don't win titles.

    But there has never been a young team this good at such an early age. So we don't have any history to go off of.

    I will use caution here.

    To this point there is nothing we have seen yet that these young players have cracked under pressure, if anything they have thrived.

    I look at game 4 VS Twolves after OKC took a beat-down in game 3, a big important game that if OKC wins pretty much puts them in the finals.

    Down the stretch of a very close game could go either way  the young stars Homgren and Williams  delivered big-time.  

     

    But now they will be on the biggest stage, as long as things go well they should be OK but as soon as things get tough  will they handle that ?

    Watching the Pacers they seem to be playing with alot of confidence, teams can't get them down. They seem to come back from anything teams dish out.

    The eye test Pacers look stronger then they rate.

    They look locked in with  each other, know where to be and how to play efficency together.

    Will the young players Crack if Pacers hang-in with them and OKC can't deliver that knock-out punch they have done all season ?

     

    Guys, I am not saying to back the Pacers but I think we all need to proceed with some caution on any big money on OKC.

    I expect them to win this series and win some games big.

    But let's be level-headed about our approach.

    I will always side with my PR's and other info about history as I believe  skill & ability that can be measured by advanced meterics will win out more often then not but it is not nor ever will be 100%.

    I could up my plays as the series goes on but for now I will be cautious because of OKC being so young.

    Reply

    Game 1 is a very strong spot, I could have played more units.

    However, as I talked about before the playoffs and during the playoffs young teams don't win titles.

    But there has never been a young team this good at such an early age. So we don't have any history to go off of.

    I will use caution here.

    To this point there is nothing we have seen yet that these young players have cracked under pressure, if anything they have thrived.

    I look at game 4 VS Twolves after OKC took a beat-down in game 3, a big important game that if OKC wins pretty much puts them in the finals.

    Down the stretch of a very close game could go either way  the young stars Homgren and Williams  delivered big-time.  

     

    But now they will be on the biggest stage, as long as things go well they should be OK but as soon as things get tough  will they handle that ?

    Watching the Pacers they seem to be playing with alot of confidence, teams can't get them down. They seem to come back from anything teams dish out.

    The eye test Pacers look stronger then they rate.

    They look locked in with  each other, know where to be and how to play efficency together.

    Will the young players Crack if Pacers hang-in with them and OKC can't deliver that knock-out punch they have done all season ?

     

    Guys, I am not saying to back the Pacers but I think we all need to proceed with some caution on any big money on OKC.

    I expect them to win this series and win some games big.

    But let's be level-headed about our approach.

    I will always side with my PR's and other info about history as I believe  skill & ability that can be measured by advanced meterics will win out more often then not but it is not nor ever will be 100%.

    I could up my plays as the series goes on but for now I will be cautious because of OKC being so young.

     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6481
    Posted: Jun. 3, 2025 - 5:17 PM ET #360

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw:

    Game 1 is a very strong spot, I could have played more units. However, as I talked about before the playoffs and during the playoffs young teams don't win titles. But there has never been a young team this good at such an early age. So we don't have any history to go off of. I will use caution here. To this point there is nothing we have seen yet that these young players have cracked under pressure, if anything they have thrived. I look at game 4 VS Twolves after OKC took a beat-down in game 3, a big important game that if OKC wins pretty much puts them in the finals. Down the stretch of a very close game could go either way  the young stars Homgren and Williams  delivered big-time.     But now they will be on the biggest stage, as long as things go well they should be OK but as soon as things get tough  will they handle that ? Watching the Pacers they seem to be playing with alot of confidence, teams can't get them down. They seem to come back from anything teams dish out. The eye test Pacers look stronger then they rate. They look locked in with  each other, know where to be and how to play efficency together. Will the young players Crack if Pacers hang-in with them and OKC can't deliver that knock-out punch they have done all season ?   Guys, I am not saying to back the Pacers but I think we all need to proceed with some caution on any big money on OKC. I expect them to win this series and win some games big. But let's be level-headed about our approach. I will always side with my PR's and other info about history as I believe  skill & ability that can be measured by advanced meterics will win out more often then not but it is not nor ever will be 100%. I could up my plays as the series goes on but for now I will be cautious because of OKC being so young.

    I view OKC as historically strong and IND only average based on my analysis of blowout wins.  The big lines are wholly justified.

    According to this website, OKC's opening season roster did have the youngest average age, but IND's was just slightly more than one year older:

    https://www.nba.com/news/nba-roster-survey-facts-2024-25-season

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw:

    Game 1 is a very strong spot, I could have played more units. However, as I talked about before the playoffs and during the playoffs young teams don't win titles. But there has never been a young team this good at such an early age. So we don't have any history to go off of. I will use caution here. To this point there is nothing we have seen yet that these young players have cracked under pressure, if anything they have thrived. I look at game 4 VS Twolves after OKC took a beat-down in game 3, a big important game that if OKC wins pretty much puts them in the finals. Down the stretch of a very close game could go either way  the young stars Homgren and Williams  delivered big-time.     But now they will be on the biggest stage, as long as things go well they should be OK but as soon as things get tough  will they handle that ? Watching the Pacers they seem to be playing with alot of confidence, teams can't get them down. They seem to come back from anything teams dish out. The eye test Pacers look stronger then they rate. They look locked in with  each other, know where to be and how to play efficency together. Will the young players Crack if Pacers hang-in with them and OKC can't deliver that knock-out punch they have done all season ?   Guys, I am not saying to back the Pacers but I think we all need to proceed with some caution on any big money on OKC. I expect them to win this series and win some games big. But let's be level-headed about our approach. I will always side with my PR's and other info about history as I believe  skill & ability that can be measured by advanced meterics will win out more often then not but it is not nor ever will be 100%. I could up my plays as the series goes on but for now I will be cautious because of OKC being so young.

    I view OKC as historically strong and IND only average based on my analysis of blowout wins.  The big lines are wholly justified.

    According to this website, OKC's opening season roster did have the youngest average age, but IND's was just slightly more than one year older:

    https://www.nba.com/news/nba-roster-survey-facts-2024-25-season

     
    spottie2935
    spottie2935
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2001
    Posts: 23161
    Posted: Jun. 4, 2025 - 6:33 AM ET #361

    Here I don’t know why this very simplistic query is off your radar.  If I were you I wouldn’t rely on unknown future game data. 

    I mean this is pretty straightforward

     

    playoffs = 1 and HF and series game = 1 and conference!=o:conference and streak>1

    Spottie2935 on socials
    Reply

    Here I don’t know why this very simplistic query is off your radar.  If I were you I wouldn’t rely on unknown future game data. 

    I mean this is pretty straightforward

     

    playoffs = 1 and HF and series game = 1 and conference!=o:conference and streak>1

     
    spottie2935
    spottie2935
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2001
    Posts: 23161
    Posted: Jun. 4, 2025 - 6:35 AM ET #362

    Overall it’s 18-4 ATS  and there is minimal results because it only happens once a year. 

    The best team is the home favorites in the finals and right off the jump they stick it to them. 

    Spottie2935 on socials
    Reply

    Overall it’s 18-4 ATS  and there is minimal results because it only happens once a year. 

    The best team is the home favorites in the finals and right off the jump they stick it to them. 

     
    spottie2935
    spottie2935
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2001
    Posts: 23161
    Posted: Jun. 4, 2025 - 6:46 AM ET #363

    AD and t:wins<72 and not C and game number>95 and series game<6 and p:W

    Spottie2935 on socials
    Reply

    AD and t:wins<72 and not C and game number>95 and series game<6 and p:W

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 4, 2025 - 8:22 AM ET #364

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw: Game 1 is a very strong spot, I could have played more units. However, as I talked about before the playoffs and during the playoffs young teams don't win titles. But there has never been a young team this good at such an early age. So we don't have any history to go off of. I will use caution here. To this point there is nothing we have seen yet that these young players have cracked under pressure, if anything they have thrived. I look at game 4 VS Twolves after OKC took a beat-down in game 3, a big important game that if OKC wins pretty much puts them in the finals. Down the stretch of a very close game could go either way  the young stars Homgren and Williams  delivered big-time.     But now they will be on the biggest stage, as long as things go well they should be OK but as soon as things get tough  will they handle that ? Watching the Pacers they seem to be playing with alot of confidence, teams can't get them down. They seem to come back from anything teams dish out. The eye test Pacers look stronger then they rate. They look locked in with  each other, know where to be and how to play efficency together. Will the young players Crack if Pacers hang-in with them and OKC can't deliver that knock-out punch they have done all season ?   Guys, I am not saying to back the Pacers but I think we all need to proceed with some caution on any big money on OKC. I expect them to win this series and win some games big. But let's be level-headed about our approach. I will always side with my PR's and other info about history as I believe  skill & ability that can be measured by advanced meterics will win out more often then not but it is not nor ever will be 100%. I could up my plays as the series goes on but for now I will be cautious because of OKC being so young. I view OKC as historically strong and IND only average based on my analysis of blowout wins.  The big lines are wholly justified. According to this website, OKC's opening season roster did have the youngest average age, but IND's was just slightly more than one year older: https://www.nba.com/news/nba-roster-survey-facts-2024-25-season

     

    Yes I agree based on history this is a pretty big mismatch...............peace_5

    I would not go against OKC. 

    But I would take young age into consideration to remain disciplined and be cautious throwing down any big money because of the big mismatch.

     

    there is a Big difference dog between OKC and Pacer in age.

    Pacers 2cd and 3rd players minutes played per game are 30 & 28 years old which includes Siakam who has won a title as a one of the key players on the team.

    To find a player over 26 you have to go all the way to Caruso at 9th most minutes played.

    OKC has 3 players on the top 6 in minutes played under 25 with 2 of those 21 & 22. These are key contributors.

    Pacers have 2 in top 6 with only 1 below 24.

    Top 9 in minutes played for Pacers include , 30. 28,32,26

    Top 9 for OKC 26 & 26 & 32 that is it.

    Pacers have 3 players over 26 with 2 of those getting 2cd & 3rd most minutes 

    OKC has 1 player over 26 getting 9th most minutes played.

    Big difference  .

     

    The overall team might be close in age but the main contributors are not that close in age.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw: Game 1 is a very strong spot, I could have played more units. However, as I talked about before the playoffs and during the playoffs young teams don't win titles. But there has never been a young team this good at such an early age. So we don't have any history to go off of. I will use caution here. To this point there is nothing we have seen yet that these young players have cracked under pressure, if anything they have thrived. I look at game 4 VS Twolves after OKC took a beat-down in game 3, a big important game that if OKC wins pretty much puts them in the finals. Down the stretch of a very close game could go either way  the young stars Homgren and Williams  delivered big-time.     But now they will be on the biggest stage, as long as things go well they should be OK but as soon as things get tough  will they handle that ? Watching the Pacers they seem to be playing with alot of confidence, teams can't get them down. They seem to come back from anything teams dish out. The eye test Pacers look stronger then they rate. They look locked in with  each other, know where to be and how to play efficency together. Will the young players Crack if Pacers hang-in with them and OKC can't deliver that knock-out punch they have done all season ?   Guys, I am not saying to back the Pacers but I think we all need to proceed with some caution on any big money on OKC. I expect them to win this series and win some games big. But let's be level-headed about our approach. I will always side with my PR's and other info about history as I believe  skill & ability that can be measured by advanced meterics will win out more often then not but it is not nor ever will be 100%. I could up my plays as the series goes on but for now I will be cautious because of OKC being so young. I view OKC as historically strong and IND only average based on my analysis of blowout wins.  The big lines are wholly justified. According to this website, OKC's opening season roster did have the youngest average age, but IND's was just slightly more than one year older: https://www.nba.com/news/nba-roster-survey-facts-2024-25-season

     

    Yes I agree based on history this is a pretty big mismatch...............peace_5

    I would not go against OKC. 

    But I would take young age into consideration to remain disciplined and be cautious throwing down any big money because of the big mismatch.

     

    there is a Big difference dog between OKC and Pacer in age.

    Pacers 2cd and 3rd players minutes played per game are 30 & 28 years old which includes Siakam who has won a title as a one of the key players on the team.

    To find a player over 26 you have to go all the way to Caruso at 9th most minutes played.

    OKC has 3 players on the top 6 in minutes played under 25 with 2 of those 21 & 22. These are key contributors.

    Pacers have 2 in top 6 with only 1 below 24.

    Top 9 in minutes played for Pacers include , 30. 28,32,26

    Top 9 for OKC 26 & 26 & 32 that is it.

    Pacers have 3 players over 26 with 2 of those getting 2cd & 3rd most minutes 

    OKC has 1 player over 26 getting 9th most minutes played.

    Big difference  .

     

    The overall team might be close in age but the main contributors are not that close in age.

     

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 4, 2025 - 8:27 AM ET #365

    Quote Originally Posted by spottie2935:

    Overall it’s 18-4 ATS  and there is minimal results because it only happens once a year.  The best team is the home favorites in the finals and right off the jump they stick it to them.

    Yes I see that being talked about on you tube ............peace_5

    Impressive trend no doubt. But I would have to look at other things, I personally don't back trends like this without looking into other meterics that may support or not support the play.

    In this case the other meterics do support the play.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by spottie2935:

    Overall it’s 18-4 ATS  and there is minimal results because it only happens once a year.  The best team is the home favorites in the finals and right off the jump they stick it to them.

    Yes I see that being talked about on you tube ............peace_5

    Impressive trend no doubt. But I would have to look at other things, I personally don't back trends like this without looking into other meterics that may support or not support the play.

    In this case the other meterics do support the play.

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 4, 2025 - 8:53 AM ET #366

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Playoffs rebound research for TC and his many followers - the SDQL is pretty straightforward: PO = 1 and RB - o:RB > 3.5 SU:   949-398 (7.2,70.5%) ATS:  904-424-19 (5.3,68.1%) In the playoffs, a team that outrebounds their opponent by 4+ in the current game wins 70.5% of the games and covers 68.1% of the games. PO = 1 and HF and -6.7 > line > -11.7 and RB - o:RB > 3.5 SU:   191-25 (12.3,88.4%) ATS:  140-75-1 (3.7,65.1%)  If they are home favorites of -7 to -11.5 points, a team that outrebounds their opponent by 4+ in the current game wins 88.4% of the games and covers 65.1% of the games.  Unfortunately, I have no idea if OKC will have 4 or more RBs than IND in Game 1. Also, IND has been damn tough opponent this postseason.  When outrebounded by 4+, they have been 7-3 SU and 6-4 ATS.

     

    Pacers winning games while being out-rebounded is indicative of a very weak poor rebounding team.

    Shooting % and rebounding are tied together.

    Shooting % has the highest correlation to winning games.

    Out-shoot opp % wise and you will win a high % of time regardless of rebounds many times.

    Now of course it depends on how much you out-shoot opps and how much you out-rebound opps.

    Pacers out-shot opps in their wins that is why they won those game. In some of those games they out-shot opps by a huge amount  in these cases rebounds are pretty much irrelevant. It would take a large amount of rebounds to over-come a team out-shooting a team by large amount.

    The defensive  team gets the rebound league ave 74.8% of the time.

    So if Pacers hold opp to lower shooting % there- by shooting the higher % that means opps miss more shots therefore Pacers should automatically be getting more rebounds based on more rebounds available to them on the defensive side which gets 74.8% of rebounds available.

    Pacers cannot do this but OKC can.

    If Pacers out-shoot OKC % wise OKC can still hang in the game and win with rebounding but if OKC wins shooting % Pacers have little chance to hang in the game and win.

    Basically Pacers will have to win shooting % battle minimum of 5 or 6 games to win series.

    Because OKC will win at least 1 of those games and maybe 2 of those games that Pacers win shooting % battle.

    The one way that could happen is if OKC younger players Crack on the biggest stage and can't make shots.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Playoffs rebound research for TC and his many followers - the SDQL is pretty straightforward: PO = 1 and RB - o:RB > 3.5 SU:   949-398 (7.2,70.5%) ATS:  904-424-19 (5.3,68.1%) In the playoffs, a team that outrebounds their opponent by 4+ in the current game wins 70.5% of the games and covers 68.1% of the games. PO = 1 and HF and -6.7 > line > -11.7 and RB - o:RB > 3.5 SU:   191-25 (12.3,88.4%) ATS:  140-75-1 (3.7,65.1%)  If they are home favorites of -7 to -11.5 points, a team that outrebounds their opponent by 4+ in the current game wins 88.4% of the games and covers 65.1% of the games.  Unfortunately, I have no idea if OKC will have 4 or more RBs than IND in Game 1. Also, IND has been damn tough opponent this postseason.  When outrebounded by 4+, they have been 7-3 SU and 6-4 ATS.

     

    Pacers winning games while being out-rebounded is indicative of a very weak poor rebounding team.

    Shooting % and rebounding are tied together.

    Shooting % has the highest correlation to winning games.

    Out-shoot opp % wise and you will win a high % of time regardless of rebounds many times.

    Now of course it depends on how much you out-shoot opps and how much you out-rebound opps.

    Pacers out-shot opps in their wins that is why they won those game. In some of those games they out-shot opps by a huge amount  in these cases rebounds are pretty much irrelevant. It would take a large amount of rebounds to over-come a team out-shooting a team by large amount.

    The defensive  team gets the rebound league ave 74.8% of the time.

    So if Pacers hold opp to lower shooting % there- by shooting the higher % that means opps miss more shots therefore Pacers should automatically be getting more rebounds based on more rebounds available to them on the defensive side which gets 74.8% of rebounds available.

    Pacers cannot do this but OKC can.

    If Pacers out-shoot OKC % wise OKC can still hang in the game and win with rebounding but if OKC wins shooting % Pacers have little chance to hang in the game and win.

    Basically Pacers will have to win shooting % battle minimum of 5 or 6 games to win series.

    Because OKC will win at least 1 of those games and maybe 2 of those games that Pacers win shooting % battle.

    The one way that could happen is if OKC younger players Crack on the biggest stage and can't make shots.

     

     
    spottie2935
    spottie2935
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2001
    Posts: 23161
    Posted: Jun. 4, 2025 - 11:04 AM ET #367

    @theclaw

     Oh I don’t watch any cappers on YT. 

    anyways I like the metrics and it makes sense.  Long term it should be fine. If it loses that’s ok. 

    best wishes. 

    Spottie2935 on socials
    Reply

    @theclaw

     Oh I don’t watch any cappers on YT. 

    anyways I like the metrics and it makes sense.  Long term it should be fine. If it loses that’s ok. 

    best wishes. 

     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6481
    Posted: Jun. 4, 2025 - 6:10 PM ET #368

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw:

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams: Quote Originally Posted by theclaw: Game 1 is a very strong spot, I could have played more units. However, as I talked about before the playoffs and during the playoffs young teams don't win titles. But there has never been a young team this good at such an early age. So we don't have any history to go off of. I will use caution here. To this point there is nothing we have seen yet that these young players have cracked under pressure, if anything they have thrived. I look at game 4 VS Twolves after OKC took a beat-down in game 3, a big important game that if OKC wins pretty much puts them in the finals. Down the stretch of a very close game could go either way  the young stars Homgren and Williams  delivered big-time.     But now they will be on the biggest stage, as long as things go well they should be OK but as soon as things get tough  will they handle that ? Watching the Pacers they seem to be playing with alot of confidence, teams can't get them down. They seem to come back from anything teams dish out. The eye test Pacers look stronger then they rate. They look locked in with  each other, know where to be and how to play efficency together. Will the young players Crack if Pacers hang-in with them and OKC can't deliver that knock-out punch they have done all season ?   Guys, I am not saying to back the Pacers but I think we all need to proceed with some caution on any big money on OKC. I expect them to win this series and win some games big. But let's be level-headed about our approach. I will always side with my PR's and other info about history as I believe  skill & ability that can be measured by advanced meterics will win out more often then not but it is not nor ever will be 100%. I could up my plays as the series goes on but for now I will be cautious because of OKC being so young. I view OKC as historically strong and IND only average based on my analysis of blowout wins.  The big lines are wholly justified. According to this website, OKC's opening season roster did have the youngest average age, but IND's was just slightly more than one year older: https://www.nba.com/news/nba-roster-survey-facts-2024-25-season   Yes I agree based on history this is a pretty big mismatch............... I would not go against OKC.  But I would take young age into consideration to remain disciplined and be cautious throwing down any big money because of the big mismatch.   there is a Big difference dog between OKC and Pacer in age. Pacers 2cd and 3rd players minutes played per game are 30 & 28 years old which includes Siakam who has won a title as a one of the key players on the team. To find a player over 26 you have to go all the way to Caruso at 9th most minutes played. OKC has 3 players on the top 6 in minutes played under 25 with 2 of those 21 & 22. These are key contributors. Pacers have 2 in top 6 with only 1 below 24. Top 9 in minutes played for Pacers include , 30. 28,32,26 Top 9 for OKC 26 & 26 & 32 that is it. Pacers have 3 players over 26 with 2 of those getting 2cd & 3rd most minutes  OKC has 1 player over 26 getting 9th most minutes played. Big difference  .   The overall team might be close in age but the main contributors are not that close in age.

    Good analysis.  Thanks for posting.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw:

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams: Quote Originally Posted by theclaw: Game 1 is a very strong spot, I could have played more units. However, as I talked about before the playoffs and during the playoffs young teams don't win titles. But there has never been a young team this good at such an early age. So we don't have any history to go off of. I will use caution here. To this point there is nothing we have seen yet that these young players have cracked under pressure, if anything they have thrived. I look at game 4 VS Twolves after OKC took a beat-down in game 3, a big important game that if OKC wins pretty much puts them in the finals. Down the stretch of a very close game could go either way  the young stars Homgren and Williams  delivered big-time.     But now they will be on the biggest stage, as long as things go well they should be OK but as soon as things get tough  will they handle that ? Watching the Pacers they seem to be playing with alot of confidence, teams can't get them down. They seem to come back from anything teams dish out. The eye test Pacers look stronger then they rate. They look locked in with  each other, know where to be and how to play efficency together. Will the young players Crack if Pacers hang-in with them and OKC can't deliver that knock-out punch they have done all season ?   Guys, I am not saying to back the Pacers but I think we all need to proceed with some caution on any big money on OKC. I expect them to win this series and win some games big. But let's be level-headed about our approach. I will always side with my PR's and other info about history as I believe  skill & ability that can be measured by advanced meterics will win out more often then not but it is not nor ever will be 100%. I could up my plays as the series goes on but for now I will be cautious because of OKC being so young. I view OKC as historically strong and IND only average based on my analysis of blowout wins.  The big lines are wholly justified. According to this website, OKC's opening season roster did have the youngest average age, but IND's was just slightly more than one year older: https://www.nba.com/news/nba-roster-survey-facts-2024-25-season   Yes I agree based on history this is a pretty big mismatch............... I would not go against OKC.  But I would take young age into consideration to remain disciplined and be cautious throwing down any big money because of the big mismatch.   there is a Big difference dog between OKC and Pacer in age. Pacers 2cd and 3rd players minutes played per game are 30 & 28 years old which includes Siakam who has won a title as a one of the key players on the team. To find a player over 26 you have to go all the way to Caruso at 9th most minutes played. OKC has 3 players on the top 6 in minutes played under 25 with 2 of those 21 & 22. These are key contributors. Pacers have 2 in top 6 with only 1 below 24. Top 9 in minutes played for Pacers include , 30. 28,32,26 Top 9 for OKC 26 & 26 & 32 that is it. Pacers have 3 players over 26 with 2 of those getting 2cd & 3rd most minutes  OKC has 1 player over 26 getting 9th most minutes played. Big difference  .   The overall team might be close in age but the main contributors are not that close in age.

    Good analysis.  Thanks for posting.

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 5, 2025 - 10:20 AM ET #369

    Quote Originally Posted by spottie2935:

    @theclaw  Oh I don’t watch any cappers on YT.  anyways I like the metrics and it makes sense.  Long term it should be fine. If it loses that’s ok.  best wishes.

    I agree makes alot of sense ...............peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by spottie2935:

    @theclaw  Oh I don’t watch any cappers on YT.  anyways I like the metrics and it makes sense.  Long term it should be fine. If it loses that’s ok.  best wishes.

    I agree makes alot of sense ...............peace_5

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 5, 2025 - 10:21 AM ET #370

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw: Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams: Quote Originally Posted by theclaw: Game 1 is a very strong spot, I could have played more units. However, as I talked about before the playoffs and during the playoffs young teams don't win titles. But there has never been a young team this good at such an early age. So we don't have any history to go off of. I will use caution here. To this point there is nothing we have seen yet that these young players have cracked under pressure, if anything they have thrived. I look at game 4 VS Twolves after OKC took a beat-down in game 3, a big important game that if OKC wins pretty much puts them in the finals. Down the stretch of a very close game could go either way  the young stars Homgren and Williams  delivered big-time.     But now they will be on the biggest stage, as long as things go well they should be OK but as soon as things get tough  will they handle that ? Watching the Pacers they seem to be playing with alot of confidence, teams can't get them down. They seem to come back from anything teams dish out. The eye test Pacers look stronger then they rate. They look locked in with  each other, know where to be and how to play efficency together. Will the young players Crack if Pacers hang-in with them and OKC can't deliver that knock-out punch they have done all season ?   Guys, I am not saying to back the Pacers but I think we all need to proceed with some caution on any big money on OKC. I expect them to win this series and win some games big. But let's be level-headed about our approach. I will always side with my PR's and other info about history as I believe  skill & ability that can be measured by advanced meterics will win out more often then not but it is not nor ever will be 100%. I could up my plays as the series goes on but for now I will be cautious because of OKC being so young. I view OKC as historically strong and IND only average based on my analysis of blowout wins.  The big lines are wholly justified. According to this website, OKC's opening season roster did have the youngest average age, but IND's was just slightly more than one year older: https://www.nba.com/news/nba-roster-survey-facts-2024-25-season   Yes I agree based on history this is a pretty big mismatch............... I would not go against OKC.  But I would take young age into consideration to remain disciplined and be cautious throwing down any big money because of the big mismatch.   there is a Big difference dog between OKC and Pacer in age. Pacers 2cd and 3rd players minutes played per game are 30 & 28 years old which includes Siakam who has won a title as a one of the key players on the team. To find a player over 26 you have to go all the way to Caruso at 9th most minutes played. OKC has 3 players on the top 6 in minutes played under 25 with 2 of those 21 & 22. These are key contributors. Pacers have 2 in top 6 with only 1 below 24. Top 9 in minutes played for Pacers include , 30. 28,32,26 Top 9 for OKC 26 & 26 & 32 that is it. Pacers have 3 players over 26 with 2 of those getting 2cd & 3rd most minutes  OKC has 1 player over 26 getting 9th most minutes played. Big difference  .   The overall team might be close in age but the main contributors are not that close in age. Good analysis.  Thanks for posting.

     

    peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw: Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams: Quote Originally Posted by theclaw: Game 1 is a very strong spot, I could have played more units. However, as I talked about before the playoffs and during the playoffs young teams don't win titles. But there has never been a young team this good at such an early age. So we don't have any history to go off of. I will use caution here. To this point there is nothing we have seen yet that these young players have cracked under pressure, if anything they have thrived. I look at game 4 VS Twolves after OKC took a beat-down in game 3, a big important game that if OKC wins pretty much puts them in the finals. Down the stretch of a very close game could go either way  the young stars Homgren and Williams  delivered big-time.     But now they will be on the biggest stage, as long as things go well they should be OK but as soon as things get tough  will they handle that ? Watching the Pacers they seem to be playing with alot of confidence, teams can't get them down. They seem to come back from anything teams dish out. The eye test Pacers look stronger then they rate. They look locked in with  each other, know where to be and how to play efficency together. Will the young players Crack if Pacers hang-in with them and OKC can't deliver that knock-out punch they have done all season ?   Guys, I am not saying to back the Pacers but I think we all need to proceed with some caution on any big money on OKC. I expect them to win this series and win some games big. But let's be level-headed about our approach. I will always side with my PR's and other info about history as I believe  skill & ability that can be measured by advanced meterics will win out more often then not but it is not nor ever will be 100%. I could up my plays as the series goes on but for now I will be cautious because of OKC being so young. I view OKC as historically strong and IND only average based on my analysis of blowout wins.  The big lines are wholly justified. According to this website, OKC's opening season roster did have the youngest average age, but IND's was just slightly more than one year older: https://www.nba.com/news/nba-roster-survey-facts-2024-25-season   Yes I agree based on history this is a pretty big mismatch............... I would not go against OKC.  But I would take young age into consideration to remain disciplined and be cautious throwing down any big money because of the big mismatch.   there is a Big difference dog between OKC and Pacer in age. Pacers 2cd and 3rd players minutes played per game are 30 & 28 years old which includes Siakam who has won a title as a one of the key players on the team. To find a player over 26 you have to go all the way to Caruso at 9th most minutes played. OKC has 3 players on the top 6 in minutes played under 25 with 2 of those 21 & 22. These are key contributors. Pacers have 2 in top 6 with only 1 below 24. Top 9 in minutes played for Pacers include , 30. 28,32,26 Top 9 for OKC 26 & 26 & 32 that is it. Pacers have 3 players over 26 with 2 of those getting 2cd & 3rd most minutes  OKC has 1 player over 26 getting 9th most minutes played. Big difference  .   The overall team might be close in age but the main contributors are not that close in age. Good analysis.  Thanks for posting.

     

    peace_5

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 5, 2025 - 10:39 AM ET #371

    Defensive Shooting Efficiency ...................

     

    OKC 46.47 % ....by 3.19 %

    Pacers 49.66%

    The better defensive team by 1 % or better 1980 to 2016 is ......

    11-3 at winning the series

    This will be very similar if updated to today.

     

    Better  Efficiency Rebounding Team by ..............

    OKC 49.4% ......by 1.5 %

    Pacers 47.9%

    Better rebounding team by 1%  ........ through 2016

    12-4 winning series

     

    Better Shooting Efficiency Margin ...........

    Including 3 pt shots, 2 pt, FT's, TO's.

    OKC 6.11 % .....by 3.98%

    Pacers 2.13%

    Team Better by 1% or better through 2016.........

    15-4 winning the series

     

     

    All regular season stats .............

     

     

    Reply

    Defensive Shooting Efficiency ...................

     

    OKC 46.47 % ....by 3.19 %

    Pacers 49.66%

    The better defensive team by 1 % or better 1980 to 2016 is ......

    11-3 at winning the series

    This will be very similar if updated to today.

     

    Better  Efficiency Rebounding Team by ..............

    OKC 49.4% ......by 1.5 %

    Pacers 47.9%

    Better rebounding team by 1%  ........ through 2016

    12-4 winning series

     

    Better Shooting Efficiency Margin ...........

    Including 3 pt shots, 2 pt, FT's, TO's.

    OKC 6.11 % .....by 3.98%

    Pacers 2.13%

    Team Better by 1% or better through 2016.........

    15-4 winning the series

     

     

    All regular season stats .............

     

     

     
    theclaw
    theclaw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 12185
    Posted: Jun. 5, 2025 - 10:56 AM ET #372

    Here's an interesting one .........

     

    Better Offensive Efficiency by .5 & Worse Rebounding Efficiency by .5 .........

    2-10 winning the series

     

    These 2 areas are the kiss of death for teams in the NBA Finals

    I believe only the 2 Rockets teams won  , but very likely they did improve in the playoffs. But Rockets were better than 1 opp in the most important  area Shooting Efficiency  margin and about even with the other opp based on regular season.

    Someday I really need to run playoff numbers.

    Pacers don't have better Offense in regular season but playoffs they do

    But what it took for Pacers to elevate their Offense and Overall Shooting Efficiency  margin takes away from Rebounding.

    So the rebound difference  in playoffs balloons 3.28 % from only 1.5% in regular season.

    This method fits the Pacers in the playoffs but I don't have any history in playoff using this method.

    The difference  in Defense Shooting Efficiency in playoffs goes to 4.14%. A bigger advantage to OKC.

    So when we look at what the Pacers are doing better and doing worse in the playoffs certainly don't point to NBA championship level of play.

    Reply

    Here's an interesting one .........

     

    Better Offensive Efficiency by .5 & Worse Rebounding Efficiency by .5 .........

    2-10 winning the series

     

    These 2 areas are the kiss of death for teams in the NBA Finals

    I believe only the 2 Rockets teams won  , but very likely they did improve in the playoffs. But Rockets were better than 1 opp in the most important  area Shooting Efficiency  margin and about even with the other opp based on regular season.

    Someday I really need to run playoff numbers.

    Pacers don't have better Offense in regular season but playoffs they do

    But what it took for Pacers to elevate their Offense and Overall Shooting Efficiency  margin takes away from Rebounding.

    So the rebound difference  in playoffs balloons 3.28 % from only 1.5% in regular season.

    This method fits the Pacers in the playoffs but I don't have any history in playoff using this method.

    The difference  in Defense Shooting Efficiency in playoffs goes to 4.14%. A bigger advantage to OKC.

    So when we look at what the Pacers are doing better and doing worse in the playoffs certainly don't point to NBA championship level of play.

     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6481
    Posted: Jun. 5, 2025 - 9:36 PM ET #373

    Per NBA.com, these are the PO-only DEF ratings and rankings:

    IND 113.6 (#9)

    OKC 104.7 (#1)

    IND's OFF is better which draws them closer in the rankings, but the net rating edge for OKC is huge:

    IND 4.1 (#4)

    OKC 11.2 (#2)

     

    Reply

    Per NBA.com, these are the PO-only DEF ratings and rankings:

    IND 113.6 (#9)

    OKC 104.7 (#1)

    IND's OFF is better which draws them closer in the rankings, but the net rating edge for OKC is huge:

    IND 4.1 (#4)

    OKC 11.2 (#2)

     

     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6481
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2025 - 3:24 AM ET #374

    Bad day for me.  That upset loss means I need OKC to win 4 of the next 5 to win my OKC -1.5 games series bet.  I also lost one unit on a 57-26-1 query.  The only thing I did right was to pass on my IND TT Under 110.5 pick.

    TC and Indigo999 were right to be leery.

    Reply

    Bad day for me.  That upset loss means I need OKC to win 4 of the next 5 to win my OKC -1.5 games series bet.  I also lost one unit on a 57-26-1 query.  The only thing I did right was to pass on my IND TT Under 110.5 pick.

    TC and Indigo999 were right to be leery.

     
     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6481
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2025 - 4:41 PM ET #375

    How freakishly lucky was IND to win (or how freakishly bad did OKC play to lose) is shown by this present-game query:

    PO = 1 and AD and line > 7.2 and TOM > 8.5

    SU:   5-22 (-19.0,18.5%)

    ATS:  7-20 (-9.4,25.9%)

    In the playoffs Away Dogs of 7.5+ points that committed at least 9 more turnovers than their opponents went 5-22 SU (avg margin = -19.0) and 7-20 ATS.

    Reply

    How freakishly lucky was IND to win (or how freakishly bad did OKC play to lose) is shown by this present-game query:

    PO = 1 and AD and line > 7.2 and TOM > 8.5

    SU:   5-22 (-19.0,18.5%)

    ATS:  7-20 (-9.4,25.9%)

    In the playoffs Away Dogs of 7.5+ points that committed at least 9 more turnovers than their opponents went 5-22 SU (avg margin = -19.0) and 7-20 ATS.

    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum
    «First Previous 151617 ... 202122 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,556
    • Monday 10/05/2026 683
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,273
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,714
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,621
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,574
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,567
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,323
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 17,322
    • MNF - saints is dead 2,859

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.