• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Music

    What is your first big concert experience

    12 Next Last»
    SportsFan9698
    Mikael99
    Johnzimbo34
    THEMUGG
    Killer_B
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 6421
    Posts: 48
    12 Next Last»
     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Oct. 5, 2010 - 6:59 PM ET #1

    A couple rules for this thread...

    1) you were young and impressionable, so the experience resides with you to death.

    2) give an interesting story about the whole thing.

    I will start.  I was 15 years old and me and my buddy wanted to go see Def Leppard.  We were not old enough to drive, and talked my older sis into taking us.  I don't recall too much about the concert but we had floor tickets back in the day when you could worm your way right up to the stage.  Front row hands on the fencing watching those young punks crank it out at about 110db.  A great first concert - back in the day when the drummer had two arms

    Only maybe a year later, I was basically same situation at a Sammy Hagar concert and he was giving his trans-am away at the concert... some kind of raffle of sorts.  Sammy announced that Gary soandso won the car (which was now on stage headers blaring).  I screamed THAT ME!!!  All the peeps around me lifted me up, spotlights were all over me as I body surfed up to the stage and got up there and gave Sammy a huge hug.  He asked for ID, I looked stupid and he tossed me back into the crowd.  My buddy at home who did not go to the concert caught it all on FM simulcast.  No shit all true.

    What is your story?
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    A couple rules for this thread...

    1) you were young and impressionable, so the experience resides with you to death.

    2) give an interesting story about the whole thing.

    I will start.  I was 15 years old and me and my buddy wanted to go see Def Leppard.  We were not old enough to drive, and talked my older sis into taking us.  I don't recall too much about the concert but we had floor tickets back in the day when you could worm your way right up to the stage.  Front row hands on the fencing watching those young punks crank it out at about 110db.  A great first concert - back in the day when the drummer had two arms

    Only maybe a year later, I was basically same situation at a Sammy Hagar concert and he was giving his trans-am away at the concert... some kind of raffle of sorts.  Sammy announced that Gary soandso won the car (which was now on stage headers blaring).  I screamed THAT ME!!!  All the peeps around me lifted me up, spotlights were all over me as I body surfed up to the stage and got up there and gave Sammy a huge hug.  He asked for ID, I looked stupid and he tossed me back into the crowd.  My buddy at home who did not go to the concert caught it all on FM simulcast.  No shit all true.

    What is your story?
     
    Mikael99
    Mikael99
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2004
    Posts: 28383
    Posted: Oct. 5, 2010 - 7:41 PM ET #2

    Depeche Mode World Violation Tour 
    October 2 1990 Copenhagen ..

    I was 15 1/2 years old.

    I was going with a couple of school friends and we had loaded up on beer and drinks before hand at our homes.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj7qOITLne8&p=CF02ACAF4A6707D8&playnext=1&index=26 

    It was so awesome


    Reply
    Depeche Mode World Violation Tour 
    October 2 1990 Copenhagen ..

    I was 15 1/2 years old.

    I was going with a couple of school friends and we had loaded up on beer and drinks before hand at our homes.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj7qOITLne8&p=CF02ACAF4A6707D8&playnext=1&index=26 

    It was so awesome


     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Oct. 5, 2010 - 7:46 PM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael99:

    Depeche Mode World Violation Tour 
    October 2 1990 Copenhagen ..

    I was 15 1/2 years old.

    I was going with a couple of school friends and we had loaded up on beer and drinks before hand at our homes.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj7qOITLne8&p=CF02ACAF4A6707D8&playnext=1&index=26 

    It was so awesome




    lol Depeche Mode for Mikael... how did I not see that one coming?

    Fair enough!  you like what you like, right? 

    More storied need on this thread, come on chime in...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael99:

    Depeche Mode World Violation Tour 
    October 2 1990 Copenhagen ..

    I was 15 1/2 years old.

    I was going with a couple of school friends and we had loaded up on beer and drinks before hand at our homes.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj7qOITLne8&p=CF02ACAF4A6707D8&playnext=1&index=26 

    It was so awesome




    lol Depeche Mode for Mikael... how did I not see that one coming?

    Fair enough!  you like what you like, right? 

    More storied need on this thread, come on chime in...
     
    Mikael99
    Mikael99
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2004
    Posts: 28383
    Posted: Oct. 5, 2010 - 7:47 PM ET #4

    I think Depeche Mode is my favourite band of all time. I grew up with them, it was their songs and music that defined me.

    I will always have a soft heart for DM even if their newer music is not so good.
    Reply
    I think Depeche Mode is my favourite band of all time. I grew up with them, it was their songs and music that defined me.

    I will always have a soft heart for DM even if their newer music is not so good.
     
    Johnzimbo34
    Johnzimbo34
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 1299
    Posted: Oct. 5, 2010 - 10:33 PM ET #5

    My first was Led Zeppelin when I was 14, 1974 at the Forum in L.A. Took a girl from school, and we went with my older brother and his g/f. I really dug Zep since LZ II came out and was looking forward to it. I had no clue that EVERYBODY would be smoking pot hehehe. I left with a contact high that lasted two days.

    Reply

    My first was Led Zeppelin when I was 14, 1974 at the Forum in L.A. Took a girl from school, and we went with my older brother and his g/f. I really dug Zep since LZ II came out and was looking forward to it. I had no clue that EVERYBODY would be smoking pot hehehe. I left with a contact high that lasted two days.

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Oct. 5, 2010 - 11:52 PM ET #6

    Judas Priest......1979........Seattle Center Coliseum (now the Key Arena)

     I had been to other concerts before this...... But this will stick in my mind forever.

     I was 16 & working in a restaurant. The night before the show one of the waitresses asked me if I wanted her tix to this show. A local radio station had printed up ( on plain white paper) about 1000 tix for this show & gave them away. She had two & couldn't go. I didn't know much about JP at the time but said sure, I'll take them. Next day at school I asked my best friend if he wanted to go & he said "FUCK YEAH I'LL GO!!" He was more of a hard rocker than I was back then & was pumped.
     So we go down & get in line around 4-5 pm.......this was back when festival seating was the rule.....1st come gets the best seats. The line wasn't real big so we got in shortly after the doors opened & my buddy runs straight for the stage & sits down on the floor. I'm like "wtf....you wanna be on the floor?" He says yes......he wanted to see this show bad. He had no job & no money so this was a real gift (funny, he always had money for dope). So joints are passed around, the opening band (don't remember who it was) plays & departs.....everybody returns to sitting on the floor smoking dope. Place is filling up now.........then BOOM! the lights go off......we get pushed to the stage by a mob behind us. We were probably 50 feet from the stage when the lights went off & ended up about 6-7 people deep by the time the pushing stopped. Then we hear the roar of a motorcycle being revved on stage........crowd goes nuts...........stage lights come on & it's Halford.....just sitting on the bike revving it. Then they break into "Hell Bent for Leather".......LOUD!
     I'll never forget being that close to the stage & watching Rob Halford just go off along with Tipton & Downing......they just kicked our asses........still get chills just thinking about it. They played "The Green Manalishi" & "Victims of Change" B2B.........it's stamped in my mind forever. Halford is one the greatest metal vocalists of all time. FUCK that guy could belt em out. Still one of the best concerts I've ever seen.
     Anyone who wants a taste of it, just listen to "Unleashed in the East"........I think it was recorded around the same time....maybe even the same tour.
    Reply
    Judas Priest......1979........Seattle Center Coliseum (now the Key Arena)

     I had been to other concerts before this...... But this will stick in my mind forever.

     I was 16 & working in a restaurant. The night before the show one of the waitresses asked me if I wanted her tix to this show. A local radio station had printed up ( on plain white paper) about 1000 tix for this show & gave them away. She had two & couldn't go. I didn't know much about JP at the time but said sure, I'll take them. Next day at school I asked my best friend if he wanted to go & he said "FUCK YEAH I'LL GO!!" He was more of a hard rocker than I was back then & was pumped.
     So we go down & get in line around 4-5 pm.......this was back when festival seating was the rule.....1st come gets the best seats. The line wasn't real big so we got in shortly after the doors opened & my buddy runs straight for the stage & sits down on the floor. I'm like "wtf....you wanna be on the floor?" He says yes......he wanted to see this show bad. He had no job & no money so this was a real gift (funny, he always had money for dope). So joints are passed around, the opening band (don't remember who it was) plays & departs.....everybody returns to sitting on the floor smoking dope. Place is filling up now.........then BOOM! the lights go off......we get pushed to the stage by a mob behind us. We were probably 50 feet from the stage when the lights went off & ended up about 6-7 people deep by the time the pushing stopped. Then we hear the roar of a motorcycle being revved on stage........crowd goes nuts...........stage lights come on & it's Halford.....just sitting on the bike revving it. Then they break into "Hell Bent for Leather".......LOUD!
     I'll never forget being that close to the stage & watching Rob Halford just go off along with Tipton & Downing......they just kicked our asses........still get chills just thinking about it. They played "The Green Manalishi" & "Victims of Change" B2B.........it's stamped in my mind forever. Halford is one the greatest metal vocalists of all time. FUCK that guy could belt em out. Still one of the best concerts I've ever seen.
     Anyone who wants a taste of it, just listen to "Unleashed in the East"........I think it was recorded around the same time....maybe even the same tour.
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6288
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2010 - 12:02 AM ET #7

    Van Halen/Black Sabbath 1978. Van Halen's first tour. I was 15 or 16 years old. Baltimore Civic Center. Van Halen were kids then. It was LOUD....... and i was HIGH......
    Reply
    Van Halen/Black Sabbath 1978. Van Halen's first tour. I was 15 or 16 years old. Baltimore Civic Center. Van Halen were kids then. It was LOUD....... and i was HIGH......
     
    Gold_Rush
    Gold_Rush
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 7850
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2010 - 12:04 AM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_B:

    Van Halen/Black Sabbath 1978. Van Halen's first tour. I was 15 or 16 years old. Baltimore Civic Center. Van Halen were kids then. It was LOUD....... and i was HIGH......

     

    High at 15 eh, no wonder you are so screwd up in the head

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_B:

    Van Halen/Black Sabbath 1978. Van Halen's first tour. I was 15 or 16 years old. Baltimore Civic Center. Van Halen were kids then. It was LOUD....... and i was HIGH......

     

    High at 15 eh, no wonder you are so screwd up in the head

     
    WRECKEDEM
    WRECKEDEM
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 977
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2010 - 6:07 PM ET #9

    KISS. MEMPHIS. 1979. A WEEK AFTER MY 9TH BIRTHDAY. i was in AWE. never forget yer first concert or yer first KISS.

    Reply
    KISS. MEMPHIS. 1979. A WEEK AFTER MY 9TH BIRTHDAY. i was in AWE. never forget yer first concert or yer first KISS.

     
    cashin
    cashin
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 17210
    Posted: Oct. 25, 2010 - 4:45 PM ET #10

    1st was the Beatles in '65 at 12 in Houston. My Dad took my sister & I remember it being great but being mad that we couldn't hear 'em well from all the girls screamin, lol

    1st rock concert was Santana in '69 at 16. Took a cool, good lookin girl with a group of us - got high before & during & was amazed at how good they were. Incredible experience & remember I stood the whole time & couldn't stop drummin the rail in front of me. Was hooked from then on & saw at least 100 great shows from then thru the early '80's at all kinds of venues in the Houston/Austin area. Good mems

    Reply

    1st was the Beatles in '65 at 12 in Houston. My Dad took my sister & I remember it being great but being mad that we couldn't hear 'em well from all the girls screamin, lol

    1st rock concert was Santana in '69 at 16. Took a cool, good lookin girl with a group of us - got high before & during & was amazed at how good they were. Incredible experience & remember I stood the whole time & couldn't stop drummin the rail in front of me. Was hooked from then on & saw at least 100 great shows from then thru the early '80's at all kinds of venues in the Houston/Austin area. Good mems

     
    jsab
    jsab
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2008
    Posts: 7592
    Posted: Oct. 26, 2010 - 8:21 AM ET #11

    My first concert wa at the old JFK stadium in Philly called the Corral.It was in the late 70"s's.It featured L.Skynyrd,Outlaws and Molly Hatchet.REmember all the Southern Comfort bottles and people with their confederate shirts and the smell of weed and booze just reeked thru the air.It was funny as I was with a friend of mine both of near 17 years old and remembering we are on the east coast and seeing all these redneck acting people which most were from the tristate area of Pa/NJ/Del. Great people watch as well as great concert.
    Reply
    My first concert wa at the old JFK stadium in Philly called the Corral.It was in the late 70"s's.It featured L.Skynyrd,Outlaws and Molly Hatchet.REmember all the Southern Comfort bottles and people with their confederate shirts and the smell of weed and booze just reeked thru the air.It was funny as I was with a friend of mine both of near 17 years old and remembering we are on the east coast and seeing all these redneck acting people which most were from the tristate area of Pa/NJ/Del. Great people watch as well as great concert.
     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2010 - 3:07 PM ET #12

    Black Oak Arkansas 1974

    "Jim Dandy to the Rescue!"

    Reply

    Black Oak Arkansas 1974

    "Jim Dandy to the Rescue!"

     
    MrTTL
    MrTTL
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 646
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2010 - 9:42 PM ET #13

    Sooooooo many to choose from since 1973,but I'll go with Pink Floyd's 1977 "In The Flesh Tour" at South Philly's Spectrum.They were promoting 1 of my all-time favorite albums, "Animals".To this day and some 800+ concerts later (yea,I'm old),still ranks in my top 3 shows I have EVER seen.Just the spectacle of seeing this band live for the 1st time, the superb quad sound system, the light show, the inflatables,and the visuals on their big round screen still gives me chills.I also saw them in 1980 for "The Wall" tour on Long Island,in 1987,and also 1994.However,the 1977 show is the one I always think about when concerts are mentioned.
    Reply
    Sooooooo many to choose from since 1973,but I'll go with Pink Floyd's 1977 "In The Flesh Tour" at South Philly's Spectrum.They were promoting 1 of my all-time favorite albums, "Animals".To this day and some 800+ concerts later (yea,I'm old),still ranks in my top 3 shows I have EVER seen.Just the spectacle of seeing this band live for the 1st time, the superb quad sound system, the light show, the inflatables,and the visuals on their big round screen still gives me chills.I also saw them in 1980 for "The Wall" tour on Long Island,in 1987,and also 1994.However,the 1977 show is the one I always think about when concerts are mentioned.
     
    MrTTL
    MrTTL
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 646
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2010 - 9:55 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by jsab:

    My first concert wa at the old JFK stadium in Philly called the Corral.It was in the late 70"s's.It featured L.Skynyrd,Outlaws and Molly Hatchet.REmember all the Southern Comfort bottles and people with their confederate shirts and the smell of weed and booze just reeked thru the air.It was funny as I was with a friend of mine both of near 17 years old and remembering we are on the east coast and seeing all these redneck acting people which most were from the tristate area of Pa/NJ/Del. Great people watch as well as great concert.

    I was there also.Great show,great memories.Never saw so many confederate shirts in all my life.I could have sworn The Allman Brothers were on the bill also.Or maybe they were on another JFK show called "The Roundup".My memory hasn't been the same since breathing in the air from that "Corral" concert
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jsab:

    My first concert wa at the old JFK stadium in Philly called the Corral.It was in the late 70"s's.It featured L.Skynyrd,Outlaws and Molly Hatchet.REmember all the Southern Comfort bottles and people with their confederate shirts and the smell of weed and booze just reeked thru the air.It was funny as I was with a friend of mine both of near 17 years old and remembering we are on the east coast and seeing all these redneck acting people which most were from the tristate area of Pa/NJ/Del. Great people watch as well as great concert.

    I was there also.Great show,great memories.Never saw so many confederate shirts in all my life.I could have sworn The Allman Brothers were on the bill also.Or maybe they were on another JFK show called "The Roundup".My memory hasn't been the same since breathing in the air from that "Corral" concert
     
    totoyturok
    totoyturok
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 4214
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2010 - 1:53 AM ET #15

    i was about 10 at that time..

    kenny g. for me..
    nice pair of lungs.
    romantic!!
    Reply
    i was about 10 at that time..

    kenny g. for me..
    nice pair of lungs.
    romantic!!
     
    lordspoint
    lordspoint
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 13134
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2010 - 7:48 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    Judas Priest......1979........Seattle Center Coliseum (now the Key Arena)

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    Judas Priest......1979........Seattle Center Coliseum (now the Key Arena)

     

     
    lordspoint
    lordspoint
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 13134
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2010 - 7:52 AM ET #17

     Pink Floyd in 81 or Priest in 82

     

    Reply

     Pink Floyd in 81 or Priest in 82

     

     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2010 - 2:26 PM ET #18

    Rick James. Universal Ampitheatre 1981

    Mary Jane

    Reply

    Rick James. Universal Ampitheatre 1981

    Mary Jane

     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2010 - 5:55 PM ET #19

    1974-Edgar Winter Group

    Opening band was this new band from England-Bad Company

    Reply

    1974-Edgar Winter Group

    Opening band was this new band from England-Bad Company

     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2010 - 6:36 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    1974-Edgar Winter Group

    Opening band was this new band from England-Bad Company 

    BAD CO  

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    1974-Edgar Winter Group

    Opening band was this new band from England-Bad Company 

    BAD CO  

     
    Skubishack
    Skubishack
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 14624
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2010 - 10:10 PM ET #21

    I think I was almost 10 years old and my Mom told me she was taking me to the dentist. We always went everywhere by bus back then in Philly. Anyway... the ride sure seemed long but I didn't complain. I was cold as shit outside. When we got off the bus I realized we were at the Spectrum and the big sign simply said...

    ELVIS

    All us kids liked Elvis back then and I use to do the leg shaking and sing for the grownups. The neighborhood teen chicks thought I was really cute as well .

    My Mom had me completely fooled. We had a great time. 1971 seems like yesterday when I think about it.

    Here is a cool link I found of someone else who had been there.

    https://www.elvisconcerts.com/reviews/rev711108.htm

    It was his first concert in Philly since the 50's from what I've heard. The next time, in 1974, My Mom and I were part of our family group that went to his next concert in Philly. May seem stupid to some but for me, back then, it was awesome. And I got to go TWICE.

    I wish that this had been video taped somehow. Shame.

    Reply

    I think I was almost 10 years old and my Mom told me she was taking me to the dentist. We always went everywhere by bus back then in Philly. Anyway... the ride sure seemed long but I didn't complain. I was cold as shit outside. When we got off the bus I realized we were at the Spectrum and the big sign simply said...

    ELVIS

    All us kids liked Elvis back then and I use to do the leg shaking and sing for the grownups. The neighborhood teen chicks thought I was really cute as well .

    My Mom had me completely fooled. We had a great time. 1971 seems like yesterday when I think about it.

    Here is a cool link I found of someone else who had been there.

    https://www.elvisconcerts.com/reviews/rev711108.htm

    It was his first concert in Philly since the 50's from what I've heard. The next time, in 1974, My Mom and I were part of our family group that went to his next concert in Philly. May seem stupid to some but for me, back then, it was awesome. And I got to go TWICE.

    I wish that this had been video taped somehow. Shame.

     
    Skubishack
    Skubishack
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 14624
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2010 - 10:34 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Skubishack:

    I think I was almost 10 years old and my Mom told me she was taking me to the dentist. We always went everywhere by bus back then in Philly. Anyway... the ride sure seemed long but I didn't complain. I was cold as shit outside. When we got off the bus I realized we were at the Spectrum and the big sign simply said...

    ELVIS

    All us kids liked Elvis back then and I use to do the leg shaking and sing for the grownups. The neighborhood teen chicks thought I was really cute as well .

    My Mom had me completely fooled. We had a great time. 1971 seems like yesterday when I think about it.

    Here is a cool link I found of someone else who had been there.

    https://www.elvisconcerts.com/reviews/rev711108.htm

    It was his first concert in Philly since the 50's from what I've heard. The next time, in 1974, My Mom and I were part of our family group that went to his next concert in Philly. May seem stupid to some but for me, back then, it was awesome. And I got to go TWICE.

    I wish that this had been video taped somehow. Shame.

    I forgot to add that many, many years later... my Mom surprised me again with a photo album full of the newspaper clippings and ticket stubs from these two concerts in Philly. We never had alot of money but these shows were always something we could reminisce about... the good ole days.

    Thanks Mom... You've always been the greatest.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Skubishack:

    I think I was almost 10 years old and my Mom told me she was taking me to the dentist. We always went everywhere by bus back then in Philly. Anyway... the ride sure seemed long but I didn't complain. I was cold as shit outside. When we got off the bus I realized we were at the Spectrum and the big sign simply said...

    ELVIS

    All us kids liked Elvis back then and I use to do the leg shaking and sing for the grownups. The neighborhood teen chicks thought I was really cute as well .

    My Mom had me completely fooled. We had a great time. 1971 seems like yesterday when I think about it.

    Here is a cool link I found of someone else who had been there.

    https://www.elvisconcerts.com/reviews/rev711108.htm

    It was his first concert in Philly since the 50's from what I've heard. The next time, in 1974, My Mom and I were part of our family group that went to his next concert in Philly. May seem stupid to some but for me, back then, it was awesome. And I got to go TWICE.

    I wish that this had been video taped somehow. Shame.

    I forgot to add that many, many years later... my Mom surprised me again with a photo album full of the newspaper clippings and ticket stubs from these two concerts in Philly. We never had alot of money but these shows were always something we could reminisce about... the good ole days.

    Thanks Mom... You've always been the greatest.

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2010 - 10:51 PM ET #23

    Rush at the Forum in L.A. ..   Late 80's


    Reply
    Rush at the Forum in L.A. ..   Late 80's


     
    Skubishack
    Skubishack
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 14624
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2010 - 11:07 PM ET #24

    Correction... "The next time, in 1976..."

     

    Twas a long time ago in what seems like a different world and life. Sorry for the typo.

     

    Reply

    Correction... "The next time, in 1976..."

     

    Twas a long time ago in what seems like a different world and life. Sorry for the typo.

     

     
     
    MrTTL
    MrTTL
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 646
    Posted: Nov. 26, 2010 - 1:21 PM ET #25

    I wish that I could go back in time on this 1.... it was either 1980 or 1981 (hell,I cant remember what happened this morning let alone 30 years ago)... I found myself in this little club in Philly,the "Bijou Cafe".Not getting anywhere with this hot looking babe I was trying to charm,I decided just to listen to the band that was playing.After about 6 songs,it dawned on me... "these guys are really friggin good".I want to say they played 10-12 songs.Little did I know at that time that this band would turn out to be one of the worlds greatest bands.... U2.
    Reply
    I wish that I could go back in time on this 1.... it was either 1980 or 1981 (hell,I cant remember what happened this morning let alone 30 years ago)... I found myself in this little club in Philly,the "Bijou Cafe".Not getting anywhere with this hot looking babe I was trying to charm,I decided just to listen to the band that was playing.After about 6 songs,it dawned on me... "these guys are really friggin good".I want to say they played 10-12 songs.Little did I know at that time that this band would turn out to be one of the worlds greatest bands.... U2.
    All Forums | Music
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,257
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,230
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 633
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,422
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,567
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,190
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 613
    • PART DEUX 106
    • Trump's legacy? 32,957
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,105

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.