• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Music

    how is the best rapper alive?

    123 Next Last»
    mforbes
    woopdurritis
    jmw59
    kevk87
    spoondiggidy9
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3621
    Posts: 64
    123 Next Last»
     
    mforbes
    mforbes
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 18
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2009 - 12:37 PM ET #1

    I have been studying rap music since a few months ago, lyrically is B.I.G in my opinion but TUPAC gives power to his songs, so is very dificult to tell, i like 50 cent and the best now a days lil' wayne but i can't understand why is jay-z famous, how could he make millions of dollars of music, matter fact i just could say that I enjoyed 2 or 3 songs he made on his career, no attemp to hurt any feelings or disrespect anybody but in my opinion jay-z suck! AND I REALLY MEAN HE SUCKS
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I have been studying rap music since a few months ago, lyrically is B.I.G in my opinion but TUPAC gives power to his songs, so is very dificult to tell, i like 50 cent and the best now a days lil' wayne but i can't understand why is jay-z famous, how could he make millions of dollars of music, matter fact i just could say that I enjoyed 2 or 3 songs he made on his career, no attemp to hurt any feelings or disrespect anybody but in my opinion jay-z suck! AND I REALLY MEAN HE SUCKS
     
    woopdurritis
    woopdurritis
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 22212
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2009 - 1:30 PM ET #2

    Eminem
    Reply
    Eminem
     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2009 - 2:35 PM ET #3

    who produced "The Chronic"?  there's your answer.
    Reply
    who produced "The Chronic"?  there's your answer.
     
    kevk87
    kevk87
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 742
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2009 - 4:52 PM ET #4

    Nas is still good
    Reply
    Nas is still good
     
    woopdurritis
    woopdurritis
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 22212
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2009 - 7:14 PM ET #5

    I should rephrase that... Eminem 6 or 7 years ago was the best lyricist out...

    Nas and Dre are both high up there as well
    Reply
    I should rephrase that... Eminem 6 or 7 years ago was the best lyricist out...

    Nas and Dre are both high up there as well
     
    spoondiggidy9
    spoondiggidy9
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 1022
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2009 - 10:12 PM ET #6

    Biggie absolutely crushes 99% of the rappers lyrically, his flow is so smooth it is unbelievable, hes got punchlines out the ass and goes so hard. Raps what he lived too which is so underrated. Glad to see this isnt a thread ripping on rap.
     
    I agree i think jay-z sucks, bad. There is some rap that everyone sleeps on rap. If you appreciate rap then listen to a dude named Z-ro (songs to look up: soldier, goin down in the south, one deep, hard times, mind on paper, hes one of those rappers that has a cd you can listen through without skipping any songs), my personal favorite rapper, you wont believe this guy is so unknown nationally. Houston puts out the best rap hands down, thats stricly what i listen to if its not the old classics.
     
    I dont think that lil wayne is currently the best rapper, he is the most popular but if you are listening to his recent stuff as compared to what he was putting out about a year or 2 ago or compared to the carter 2/carter, no comparison.
    Reply
    Biggie absolutely crushes 99% of the rappers lyrically, his flow is so smooth it is unbelievable, hes got punchlines out the ass and goes so hard. Raps what he lived too which is so underrated. Glad to see this isnt a thread ripping on rap.
     
    I agree i think jay-z sucks, bad. There is some rap that everyone sleeps on rap. If you appreciate rap then listen to a dude named Z-ro (songs to look up: soldier, goin down in the south, one deep, hard times, mind on paper, hes one of those rappers that has a cd you can listen through without skipping any songs), my personal favorite rapper, you wont believe this guy is so unknown nationally. Houston puts out the best rap hands down, thats stricly what i listen to if its not the old classics.
     
    I dont think that lil wayne is currently the best rapper, he is the most popular but if you are listening to his recent stuff as compared to what he was putting out about a year or 2 ago or compared to the carter 2/carter, no comparison.
     
    glyde69
    glyde69
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 7445
    Posted: Apr. 9, 2009 - 8:52 AM ET #7

    Yeah Jay-Z totally sucks and never did anything the last 13 years.
     
    Reply
    Yeah Jay-Z totally sucks and never did anything the last 13 years.
     
     
    kingofthewin
    kingofthewin
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 3733
    Posted: Apr. 9, 2009 - 10:10 AM ET #8

    • Reasonable Doubt (1996)
    • In My Lifetime, Vol. 1 (1997)
    • Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life (1998)
    • Vol. 3... Life and Times of S. Carter (1999)
    • The Dynasty: Roc La Familia (2000)
    • The Blueprint (2001)
    • The Blueprint²: The Gift & the Curse (2002)
    • The Black Album (2003)
    • Kingdom Come (2006)
    • American Gangster (2007)
    • The Blueprint³ (2009)
    pound for pound hes the most verse rapper ever.  you're talking about a guy who opened up his albums with Carlito's Way, and scenes from Casino..Gladiator.  Jay-z has some how some way captured the era and but it to a beat better than anybody has ever done in hiphop.  He brought the suburbs to the hood. The first guy i ever here talk about a Lexus when most black people where Im from (the hood) drive a buick or a damn Camary, Ford Escort, Honda, maybe a CAddilac ect was considered as luxry as its going to get.  Very detailed in his description of things. 


    Motherfuckers -
    say that I'm foolish I only talk about jewels (bling bling)
    Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?
    See I'm influenced by the ghetto you ruined
    That same dude you gave nothin, I made somethin doin
    what I do through and through and
    I give you the news - with a twist it's just his ghetto point-of-view
    The renegade; you been afraid
    I penetrate pop culture, bring 'em a lot closer to the block where they
    pop toasters, and they live with they moms
    Got dropped roasters, from botched robberies niggaz crotched over
    Mommy's knocked up cause she wasn't watched over
    Knocked down by some clown when child support knocked
    No he's not around - now how that sound to ya, jot it down
    I bring it through the ghetto without ridin 'round
    hidin down duckin strays from frustrated youths stuck in they ways
    Just read a magazine that fucked up my day
    How you rate music that thugs with nothin relate to it?
    I help them see they way through it - not you
    Can't step in my pants, can't walk in my shoes
    Bet everything you worth; you lose your tie and your shirt

    Reply
    • Reasonable Doubt (1996)
    • In My Lifetime, Vol. 1 (1997)
    • Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life (1998)
    • Vol. 3... Life and Times of S. Carter (1999)
    • The Dynasty: Roc La Familia (2000)
    • The Blueprint (2001)
    • The Blueprint²: The Gift & the Curse (2002)
    • The Black Album (2003)
    • Kingdom Come (2006)
    • American Gangster (2007)
    • The Blueprint³ (2009)
    pound for pound hes the most verse rapper ever.  you're talking about a guy who opened up his albums with Carlito's Way, and scenes from Casino..Gladiator.  Jay-z has some how some way captured the era and but it to a beat better than anybody has ever done in hiphop.  He brought the suburbs to the hood. The first guy i ever here talk about a Lexus when most black people where Im from (the hood) drive a buick or a damn Camary, Ford Escort, Honda, maybe a CAddilac ect was considered as luxry as its going to get.  Very detailed in his description of things. 


    Motherfuckers -
    say that I'm foolish I only talk about jewels (bling bling)
    Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?
    See I'm influenced by the ghetto you ruined
    That same dude you gave nothin, I made somethin doin
    what I do through and through and
    I give you the news - with a twist it's just his ghetto point-of-view
    The renegade; you been afraid
    I penetrate pop culture, bring 'em a lot closer to the block where they
    pop toasters, and they live with they moms
    Got dropped roasters, from botched robberies niggaz crotched over
    Mommy's knocked up cause she wasn't watched over
    Knocked down by some clown when child support knocked
    No he's not around - now how that sound to ya, jot it down
    I bring it through the ghetto without ridin 'round
    hidin down duckin strays from frustrated youths stuck in they ways
    Just read a magazine that fucked up my day
    How you rate music that thugs with nothin relate to it?
    I help them see they way through it - not you
    Can't step in my pants, can't walk in my shoes
    Bet everything you worth; you lose your tie and your shirt

     
    kingofthewin
    kingofthewin
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 3733
    Posted: Apr. 9, 2009 - 10:13 AM ET #9


    Grown man I put hands on you
    I dig a hole in the desert, they build The Sands on you
    Lay out blueprint plans on you
    We Rat Pack niggaz, let Sam tap dance on you
    Then, I Sinatra shot ya God damn you
    ... I put the boy in the box like David Blaine
    Let the audience watch, it ain't a thang
    Y'all wish I was frontin, I George Bush the button
    Front of all you in your car lift up your hood nigga run it
    Then lift up your whole hood like you got oil under it
    Your boy got the goods y'all don't want nuttin of it
    Like, castor oil, I Castor Troy you
    Change your face or the bullets change all that for you
    ... y'all niggaz is targets
    Y'all garages for bullets, please don't make me park it
    in your upper level, valet a couple strays
    from the 38 special, nigga, God bless you
    Reply

    Grown man I put hands on you
    I dig a hole in the desert, they build The Sands on you
    Lay out blueprint plans on you
    We Rat Pack niggaz, let Sam tap dance on you
    Then, I Sinatra shot ya God damn you
    ... I put the boy in the box like David Blaine
    Let the audience watch, it ain't a thang
    Y'all wish I was frontin, I George Bush the button
    Front of all you in your car lift up your hood nigga run it
    Then lift up your whole hood like you got oil under it
    Your boy got the goods y'all don't want nuttin of it
    Like, castor oil, I Castor Troy you
    Change your face or the bullets change all that for you
    ... y'all niggaz is targets
    Y'all garages for bullets, please don't make me park it
    in your upper level, valet a couple strays
    from the 38 special, nigga, God bless you
     
    kingofthewin
    kingofthewin
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 3733
    Posted: Apr. 9, 2009 - 10:14 AM ET #10


    People was poor before the hurricane came
    But the down pour poured is like when Mary J. sang
    Every day it rains, so every day the pain
    But ignored them, and showed em the risk was to blame
    For life is a chain, cause and effected
    Niggas off the chain because they affected
    It's a dirty game so whatever is effective
    From weed to selling kane, gotta put that in effect
    Wouldn't you loot, if you didn't have the loot?
    Baby needed food and you stuck on the roof
    Helicopter swooped down just to get a scoop
    Through his telescopic lens but he didn't scoop you
    The next five days, no help ensued
    They called you a refugee because you seek refuge
    The commander-in-chief just flew by
    Did he stop? No, he had a couple seats
    Just proved jet blue he's not
    Jet flew by the spot
    What if he ran out of jet fuel and just dropped
    hu,That woulda been something to watch
    Helicopters doing fly-bys to take a couple of shots
    Couple of portraits then ignored 'em
    He'd be just another bush surrounded by a couple orchids
    Poor kids just 'cause they were poor kids
    Left 'em on they porches same old story in New Orleans
    Silly rappers, because we got a couple Porches
    MTV stopped by to film our fortresses
    We forget the unfortunate
    Sure I ponied up a mill, but I didn't give my time
    So in reality I didn't give a dime, or a damn
    I just put my monies in the hands of the same people that left my people stranded
    Nothin' but a bandit
    Left them folks abandoned
    Damn, that money that we gave was just a band-aid
    Can't say we better off than we was before
    In synopsis this is my minority report
    Can't say we better off than we was before
    In synopsis this is my minority report
    Reply

    People was poor before the hurricane came
    But the down pour poured is like when Mary J. sang
    Every day it rains, so every day the pain
    But ignored them, and showed em the risk was to blame
    For life is a chain, cause and effected
    Niggas off the chain because they affected
    It's a dirty game so whatever is effective
    From weed to selling kane, gotta put that in effect
    Wouldn't you loot, if you didn't have the loot?
    Baby needed food and you stuck on the roof
    Helicopter swooped down just to get a scoop
    Through his telescopic lens but he didn't scoop you
    The next five days, no help ensued
    They called you a refugee because you seek refuge
    The commander-in-chief just flew by
    Did he stop? No, he had a couple seats
    Just proved jet blue he's not
    Jet flew by the spot
    What if he ran out of jet fuel and just dropped
    hu,That woulda been something to watch
    Helicopters doing fly-bys to take a couple of shots
    Couple of portraits then ignored 'em
    He'd be just another bush surrounded by a couple orchids
    Poor kids just 'cause they were poor kids
    Left 'em on they porches same old story in New Orleans
    Silly rappers, because we got a couple Porches
    MTV stopped by to film our fortresses
    We forget the unfortunate
    Sure I ponied up a mill, but I didn't give my time
    So in reality I didn't give a dime, or a damn
    I just put my monies in the hands of the same people that left my people stranded
    Nothin' but a bandit
    Left them folks abandoned
    Damn, that money that we gave was just a band-aid
    Can't say we better off than we was before
    In synopsis this is my minority report
    Can't say we better off than we was before
    In synopsis this is my minority report
     
    glyde69
    glyde69
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 7445
    Posted: Apr. 10, 2009 - 4:49 PM ET #11

    Jigga   
    Reply
    Jigga   
     
    spoondiggidy9
    spoondiggidy9
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 1022
    Posted: Apr. 10, 2009 - 5:25 PM ET #12

    You can be as avid a jay-z fan as you want but there is no convincing me, i dont like his music, it doesnt impress me. How are you gonna try to tell me that my opinion is wrong. Do you wanna just measure music by volume? I guess Biggie isnt very good cuz he was only able to put out 3 cds (if you wanna count the biggie duets). Z-ro has been making cds since around 96 too and he doesnt get any love, just cuz he doesnt sell out and continues to make music about what he lives everyday. 
    Reply
    You can be as avid a jay-z fan as you want but there is no convincing me, i dont like his music, it doesnt impress me. How are you gonna try to tell me that my opinion is wrong. Do you wanna just measure music by volume? I guess Biggie isnt very good cuz he was only able to put out 3 cds (if you wanna count the biggie duets). Z-ro has been making cds since around 96 too and he doesnt get any love, just cuz he doesnt sell out and continues to make music about what he lives everyday. 
     
    spoondiggidy9
    spoondiggidy9
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 1022
    Posted: Apr. 10, 2009 - 5:26 PM ET #13

    Twenty-four seven i'm in trouble for nothin',
    To the laws on the topic of the daily discussion
    Blood pumpin and rushin I gotta struggle to survive I be rappin but I cant do it a nine to five, long as it be legal I be willin' to try all I need is a pair of wings I be willin' to fly tryin to get a piece of the pie and they aint be thinkin I work for it I be doin' right but Im being punished on earth for it, what else can I do, to make an honest livin seem like whatever I do will get me up in prison, never seen me on the corner, never caught me with crack gotta dream of leavin the ghetto and aint comin back, homicide detective tryin to threaten me with some time, only thing I ever murdered was colla drew lines theres a patent in punishment in america's design, arrested and encarcirated for other peoples crimes its so amazing
    Reply
    Twenty-four seven i'm in trouble for nothin',
    To the laws on the topic of the daily discussion
    Blood pumpin and rushin I gotta struggle to survive I be rappin but I cant do it a nine to five, long as it be legal I be willin' to try all I need is a pair of wings I be willin' to fly tryin to get a piece of the pie and they aint be thinkin I work for it I be doin' right but Im being punished on earth for it, what else can I do, to make an honest livin seem like whatever I do will get me up in prison, never seen me on the corner, never caught me with crack gotta dream of leavin the ghetto and aint comin back, homicide detective tryin to threaten me with some time, only thing I ever murdered was colla drew lines theres a patent in punishment in america's design, arrested and encarcirated for other peoples crimes its so amazing
     
    spoondiggidy9
    spoondiggidy9
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 1022
    Posted: Apr. 10, 2009 - 5:28 PM ET #14

    I'm 21, and think I finally got a grip on life
    And all bills paid apartment, a step-son and a step-wife
    But without a vehicle, it's kinda hard to get around
    If I got weed I ride for free, if not my partners let me down
    So now I'm loving to be one deep so much, I'm hating people
    Lookin at everybody, even babies like they Satan people
    Nobody understand me, everybody's tripping with me
    Wonder why when I gotta ride, were none of my people flipping with me
    Too many haters, trying to take a player off his game
    Not trying to be ballerific, I'm just trying to have some thangs
    They're just like crabs in a bucket, these people pull me down
    If I didn't have so many obstacles, think where I could be now
    On MTV or BET, or in some magazine
    Instead I'm stressing, hooked on codeine headed to tragedy
    Sometimes I think, it's better just to die
    Because I never seen a man cry, till it was my own eye
    Reply
    I'm 21, and think I finally got a grip on life
    And all bills paid apartment, a step-son and a step-wife
    But without a vehicle, it's kinda hard to get around
    If I got weed I ride for free, if not my partners let me down
    So now I'm loving to be one deep so much, I'm hating people
    Lookin at everybody, even babies like they Satan people
    Nobody understand me, everybody's tripping with me
    Wonder why when I gotta ride, were none of my people flipping with me
    Too many haters, trying to take a player off his game
    Not trying to be ballerific, I'm just trying to have some thangs
    They're just like crabs in a bucket, these people pull me down
    If I didn't have so many obstacles, think where I could be now
    On MTV or BET, or in some magazine
    Instead I'm stressing, hooked on codeine headed to tragedy
    Sometimes I think, it's better just to die
    Because I never seen a man cry, till it was my own eye
     
    spoondiggidy9
    spoondiggidy9
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 1022
    Posted: Apr. 10, 2009 - 5:32 PM ET #15

    No more pain, I'm bout to overdose on it
    I ain't never had no good times, I put my dogs and my locs on it
    Chain smoking, cigarettes back to back
    Unless I was pillow fighting with the kids, I miss that
    But it's a different day and time, and I'm all alone
    With nobody to call my own, different area codes popping up in my phone
    Prolly just another hoochie, searching for some sex
    It ain't got nothing to do with me, it's all about my checks
    If it wasn't for the music, you niggaz wouldn't give me dap
    Wouldn't give a fuck about how I'm doing, it's all about a rap
    Realizing I ain't nothing, without paper and pen
    So Lord forbid I get interect, like the deal she was in
    Let me make my mama proud, and she could see me
    Cause heaven ain't too far away from the ghetto, but touching it ain't easy
    God, give me the victory and bring me out the rain
    Give me something, to smile about and

    [Hook:]
    (no more pain), somebody tell me what happiness is
    Cause I'm sick, of living so low
    (in my life), too many problems bottled up inside
    I promise, I can't take it no more
    (no more pain), if there's a brighter day let it come my way
    Let me see, the sun shine
    (in my life), cause I can't tell if I'm coming or going out
    Just wanna die sometime

    Reply
    No more pain, I'm bout to overdose on it
    I ain't never had no good times, I put my dogs and my locs on it
    Chain smoking, cigarettes back to back
    Unless I was pillow fighting with the kids, I miss that
    But it's a different day and time, and I'm all alone
    With nobody to call my own, different area codes popping up in my phone
    Prolly just another hoochie, searching for some sex
    It ain't got nothing to do with me, it's all about my checks
    If it wasn't for the music, you niggaz wouldn't give me dap
    Wouldn't give a fuck about how I'm doing, it's all about a rap
    Realizing I ain't nothing, without paper and pen
    So Lord forbid I get interect, like the deal she was in
    Let me make my mama proud, and she could see me
    Cause heaven ain't too far away from the ghetto, but touching it ain't easy
    God, give me the victory and bring me out the rain
    Give me something, to smile about and

    [Hook:]
    (no more pain), somebody tell me what happiness is
    Cause I'm sick, of living so low
    (in my life), too many problems bottled up inside
    I promise, I can't take it no more
    (no more pain), if there's a brighter day let it come my way
    Let me see, the sun shine
    (in my life), cause I can't tell if I'm coming or going out
    Just wanna die sometime

     
    spoondiggidy9
    spoondiggidy9
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 1022
    Posted: Apr. 10, 2009 - 5:35 PM ET #16

    and plus nas completely destroys jay-z in ether anyway:

    I've been fucked over, left for dead, dissed and fogotten 

    Luck ran out, they hoped that I'd be gone, stiff and rotten 

    Y'all just piss on me, shit on me, spit on my grave (uh) 

    Talk about me, laugh behind my back but in my face 

    Y'all some "well wishers," friendly actin, envy hidin snakes 

    With your hands out for my money, man, how much can I take? 

    When these streets keep callin, heard it when I was sleep 

    That this Gay-Z and Cockafella Records wanted beef 

    Started cockin up my weapon, slowly loadin up this ammo 

    To explode it on a camel, and his soldiers, I can handle 

    This for dolo and it's manuscript, just sound stupid 

    When KRS already made an album called Blueprint 

    First, Biggie's ya man, then you got the nerve to say that you better than Big 

    Dick suckin lips, whyn't you let the late, great veteran live 

    [talking] 

    (I...will...not...lose) 

    "God's son" across the belly, I prove you lost already 

    The king is back, where my crown at? 

    (Ill...will) Ill Will rest in peace, let's do it niggas 

    [Chorus] 



    Reply
    and plus nas completely destroys jay-z in ether anyway:

    I've been fucked over, left for dead, dissed and fogotten 

    Luck ran out, they hoped that I'd be gone, stiff and rotten 

    Y'all just piss on me, shit on me, spit on my grave (uh) 

    Talk about me, laugh behind my back but in my face 

    Y'all some "well wishers," friendly actin, envy hidin snakes 

    With your hands out for my money, man, how much can I take? 

    When these streets keep callin, heard it when I was sleep 

    That this Gay-Z and Cockafella Records wanted beef 

    Started cockin up my weapon, slowly loadin up this ammo 

    To explode it on a camel, and his soldiers, I can handle 

    This for dolo and it's manuscript, just sound stupid 

    When KRS already made an album called Blueprint 

    First, Biggie's ya man, then you got the nerve to say that you better than Big 

    Dick suckin lips, whyn't you let the late, great veteran live 

    [talking] 

    (I...will...not...lose) 

    "God's son" across the belly, I prove you lost already 

    The king is back, where my crown at? 

    (Ill...will) Ill Will rest in peace, let's do it niggas 

    [Chorus] 



     
    spoondiggidy9
    spoondiggidy9
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 1022
    Posted: Apr. 10, 2009 - 5:36 PM ET #17


    Y'all niggas deal with emotions like bitches 

    What's sad is I love you 'cause you're my brother 

    You traded your soul for riches 

    My child, I've watched you grow up to be famous 

    And now I smile like a proud dad, watchin his only son that made it 

    You seem to be only concerned with dissin women 

    Were you abused as a child, scared to smile, they called you ugly? 

    Well life is hard, hug me, don't reject me 

    Or make records to disrespect me, blatent or indirectly 

    In '88 you was gettin chased through your buildin 

    Callin my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers 

    All I did was gave you a style for you to run with 

    Smilin in my face, glad to break bread with the god 

    Wearin Jaz chains, no tecs, no cash, no cars 

    No jail bars Jigga, no pies, no case 

    Just Hawaiian shirts, hangin with little Chase 

    You a fan, a phony, a fake, a box, a Stan 

    I still whip your ass, you thirty-six in a karate class 

    You Tae-bo hoe, tryna' work it out, you tryna' get brolic? 

    Ask me if I'm tryna' kick knowledge 

    Nah, I'm tryna' kick the shit you need to learn though 

    That ether, that shit that make your soul burn slow 

    Is he Dame Diddy, Dame Daddy or Dame Dummy? 

    Oh, I get it, you Biggie and he's Puffy 

    Rockafeller died of AIDS, that was the end of his chapter 

    And that's the guy y'all chose to name your company after? 

    Put it together, I rock hoes, y'all rock fellas 

    And now y'all try to take my spot, fellas? 

    Philly's hot rock fellas, put you in a dry spot, fellas 

    In a pine box with nine shots from my glock, fellas 

    Foxy got you hot 'cause you kept your face in her puss 

    What you think, you gettin girls now 'cause of your looks? 

    Ne-gro please 

    You no mustache havin, with whiskers like a rat 

    Compared to Beans you wack 

    And your man stabbed Un and made you take the blame 

    You ass, went from Jaz to hangin with Caine, to Herb, to Big 

    And, Eminem murdered you on your own shit 

    You a dick-ridin person, you love the attention 


    Reply

    Y'all niggas deal with emotions like bitches 

    What's sad is I love you 'cause you're my brother 

    You traded your soul for riches 

    My child, I've watched you grow up to be famous 

    And now I smile like a proud dad, watchin his only son that made it 

    You seem to be only concerned with dissin women 

    Were you abused as a child, scared to smile, they called you ugly? 

    Well life is hard, hug me, don't reject me 

    Or make records to disrespect me, blatent or indirectly 

    In '88 you was gettin chased through your buildin 

    Callin my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers 

    All I did was gave you a style for you to run with 

    Smilin in my face, glad to break bread with the god 

    Wearin Jaz chains, no tecs, no cash, no cars 

    No jail bars Jigga, no pies, no case 

    Just Hawaiian shirts, hangin with little Chase 

    You a fan, a phony, a fake, a box, a Stan 

    I still whip your ass, you thirty-six in a karate class 

    You Tae-bo hoe, tryna' work it out, you tryna' get brolic? 

    Ask me if I'm tryna' kick knowledge 

    Nah, I'm tryna' kick the shit you need to learn though 

    That ether, that shit that make your soul burn slow 

    Is he Dame Diddy, Dame Daddy or Dame Dummy? 

    Oh, I get it, you Biggie and he's Puffy 

    Rockafeller died of AIDS, that was the end of his chapter 

    And that's the guy y'all chose to name your company after? 

    Put it together, I rock hoes, y'all rock fellas 

    And now y'all try to take my spot, fellas? 

    Philly's hot rock fellas, put you in a dry spot, fellas 

    In a pine box with nine shots from my glock, fellas 

    Foxy got you hot 'cause you kept your face in her puss 

    What you think, you gettin girls now 'cause of your looks? 

    Ne-gro please 

    You no mustache havin, with whiskers like a rat 

    Compared to Beans you wack 

    And your man stabbed Un and made you take the blame 

    You ass, went from Jaz to hangin with Caine, to Herb, to Big 

    And, Eminem murdered you on your own shit 

    You a dick-ridin person, you love the attention 


     
    glyde69
    glyde69
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 7445
    Posted: Apr. 10, 2009 - 10:07 PM ET #18

    Are you comparing Z-Ro to Jigga?  
     
    This is me listening to yet another generic mushmouth that raps fast like Bone Thugs. 
     
    To each his own, I guess.
     
    Reply
    Are you comparing Z-Ro to Jigga?  
     
    This is me listening to yet another generic mushmouth that raps fast like Bone Thugs. 
     
    To each his own, I guess.
     
     
    spoondiggidy9
    spoondiggidy9
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 1022
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2009 - 3:57 PM ET #19

    no i wasnt comparing the two...

    i dont see how bone thugs sounds ANYTHING like z-ro and clearly you havent listened to his songs because ive never heard him called "a generic mushmouth that raps fast like bone thugs" ; even coming from someone who doesnt like him, bone thugs are from cleveland z-ro is from houston, those regions dont even put out similar genre of rap
    Reply
    no i wasnt comparing the two...

    i dont see how bone thugs sounds ANYTHING like z-ro and clearly you havent listened to his songs because ive never heard him called "a generic mushmouth that raps fast like bone thugs" ; even coming from someone who doesnt like him, bone thugs are from cleveland z-ro is from houston, those regions dont even put out similar genre of rap
     
    fatdan215
    fatdan215
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 2347
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2009 - 4:04 PM ET #20

    Fucks dis niggas on Hova....is in the top 10 best rappers and IMO the best rapper that is alive is Jadakiss.......Best rappers ever is BIGGIE but BIG L is a close second....also check out this dude from philly..Meek Millz......Dude is nasty
    Reply
    Fucks dis niggas on Hova....is in the top 10 best rappers and IMO the best rapper that is alive is Jadakiss.......Best rappers ever is BIGGIE but BIG L is a close second....also check out this dude from philly..Meek Millz......Dude is nasty
     
    atlheatholder
    atlheatholder
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 5827
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2009 - 7:36 AM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by mforbes:

    I have been studying rap music since a few months ago, lyrically is B.I.G in my opinion but TUPAC gives power to his songs, so is very dificult to tell, i like 50 cent and the best now a days lil' wayne but i can't understand why is jay-z famous, how could he make millions of dollars of music, matter fact i just could say that I enjoyed 2 or 3 songs he made on his career, no attemp to hurt any feelings or disrespect anybody but in my opinion jay-z suck! AND I REALLY MEAN HE SUCKS

    forbes -

    Big and Pac aint alive - but I think being alive had something to do with the title of this thread.....

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mforbes:

    I have been studying rap music since a few months ago, lyrically is B.I.G in my opinion but TUPAC gives power to his songs, so is very dificult to tell, i like 50 cent and the best now a days lil' wayne but i can't understand why is jay-z famous, how could he make millions of dollars of music, matter fact i just could say that I enjoyed 2 or 3 songs he made on his career, no attemp to hurt any feelings or disrespect anybody but in my opinion jay-z suck! AND I REALLY MEAN HE SUCKS

    forbes -

    Big and Pac aint alive - but I think being alive had something to do with the title of this thread.....

     
    atlheatholder
    atlheatholder
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 5827
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2009 - 7:47 AM ET #22

    Jay's shit was nice back in 96-99
     
    Eminem is ridicuously sick & continues to be
     
    Jadakiss has some great punchlines (and I aint talking bout the BM when I say I got 7 45's on me  )
     
    Mos Def & Talib Kweli are deep as fuck
     
    Dre (Outkast) outshines anyone on any track he's on
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    Reply
    Jay's shit was nice back in 96-99
     
    Eminem is ridicuously sick & continues to be
     
    Jadakiss has some great punchlines (and I aint talking bout the BM when I say I got 7 45's on me  )
     
    Mos Def & Talib Kweli are deep as fuck
     
    Dre (Outkast) outshines anyone on any track he's on
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    kevk87
    kevk87
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 742
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2009 - 1:38 PM ET #23

    Lupe Fiasco is pretty good 
    Reply
    Lupe Fiasco is pretty good 
     
    harb74
    harb74
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 61
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2009 - 8:02 PM ET #24

    Ludacris or T.I. IMO.
    Have a nice day allbig smile
    Reply
    Ludacris or T.I. IMO.
    Have a nice day allbig smile
     
     
    kingofthewin
    kingofthewin
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 3733
    Posted: Apr. 13, 2009 - 10:28 AM ET #25

    ....no pen no paper




    Reply
    ....no pen no paper




    All Forums | Music
    123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,245
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 753
    • PART DEUX 201
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,989
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,092
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,545
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,200
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,110
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,895
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,841

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.