• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Music

    Bands you missed you wish had seen.......

    12 Next Last»
    THEMUGG
    Getty3
    Jose_Reyes
    Jimmag
    pirates11
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2375
    Posts: 31
    12 Next Last»
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2011 - 12:12 AM ET #1

     Queen........say what you want about Freddie but they were fuckin great......only know them thru vids


     Nirvana........have only seen vids but talked to those that saw them......yeah, I missed out.

    Alice in Chains.........see above

    Jimmy Hendrix...........OK, I was too young, but........

    Led Zeppelin.....in a real venue............saw them at the now-defunct Kingdome in Seattle (mid-70's).........couldn't get close enough to enjoy

     Cure.......they are hard to describe.......I wanna see them.

     ......& obviously, the Beatles.........I was about 9 when they called it.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
     Queen........say what you want about Freddie but they were fuckin great......only know them thru vids


     Nirvana........have only seen vids but talked to those that saw them......yeah, I missed out.

    Alice in Chains.........see above

    Jimmy Hendrix...........OK, I was too young, but........

    Led Zeppelin.....in a real venue............saw them at the now-defunct Kingdome in Seattle (mid-70's).........couldn't get close enough to enjoy

     Cure.......they are hard to describe.......I wanna see them.

     ......& obviously, the Beatles.........I was about 9 when they called it.
     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2011 - 9:33 AM ET #2

    Bob Marley & the Wailers. Without a doubt.
    Reply
    Bob Marley & the Wailers. Without a doubt.
     
    Jose_Reyes
    Jose_Reyes
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 20468
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2011 - 11:51 AM ET #3

    I saw Alice in Chains with their new singer last spring.  I swear that they had Layne's voice dubbed.  I was in the first row.  At one point no one on stage was moving their lips.  Yet someone's voice was coming through.

    Rage Against the Machine for me.  I heard rumors of them touring again with Zach....
    Reply
    I saw Alice in Chains with their new singer last spring.  I swear that they had Layne's voice dubbed.  I was in the first row.  At one point no one on stage was moving their lips.  Yet someone's voice was coming through.

    Rage Against the Machine for me.  I heard rumors of them touring again with Zach....
     
    Jimmag
    Jimmag
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 7516
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2011 - 4:38 PM ET #4

    You will want to kick me for this (but, not as much as I want to kick myself) Pink Floyd- they were around a couple of times. I had a group of friends that went to see The Wall when that tour first came around. They did not have enough tickets for me and another friend.  Ya right, friends?

    Led Zeppelin-  there was a very small window and I missed it.

    Pearl Jam- by the time they started touring my concert going slowed way down.

    Reply

    You will want to kick me for this (but, not as much as I want to kick myself) Pink Floyd- they were around a couple of times. I had a group of friends that went to see The Wall when that tour first came around. They did not have enough tickets for me and another friend.  Ya right, friends?

    Led Zeppelin-  there was a very small window and I missed it.

    Pearl Jam- by the time they started touring my concert going slowed way down.

     
    pirates11
    pirates11
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1450
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2011 - 5:56 PM ET #5

    FOUR YEAR STRONG!!! still have a chance to see them but they are over in england right now
    Reply
    FOUR YEAR STRONG!!! still have a chance to see them but they are over in england right now
     
    pirates11
    pirates11
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1450
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2011 - 5:56 PM ET #6

    hootie and the blowfish would have been a good one
    Reply
    hootie and the blowfish would have been a good one
     
    SurfApe
    SurfApe
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 877
    Posted: Feb. 5, 2011 - 1:41 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    Bob Marley & the Wailers. Without a doubt.

    A ton of other roots reggae guys from that era as well.  Obviously jimi, would have loved to have seen dylan in the early years at some rundown shithole in greenwich village, i was fortunate enough to see the grateful dead before jerry died, whoever said nirvana, that was a good one that really stings because i actually had the chance to see them and didn't.  For the guy who said rage, I saw them play with the fucking wu tang clan.  Holy SHIT!!!!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    Bob Marley & the Wailers. Without a doubt.

    A ton of other roots reggae guys from that era as well.  Obviously jimi, would have loved to have seen dylan in the early years at some rundown shithole in greenwich village, i was fortunate enough to see the grateful dead before jerry died, whoever said nirvana, that was a good one that really stings because i actually had the chance to see them and didn't.  For the guy who said rage, I saw them play with the fucking wu tang clan.  Holy SHIT!!!!

     
    Sugarhouse
    Sugarhouse
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1784
    Posted: Feb. 5, 2011 - 2:44 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by SurfApe:

    A ton of other roots reggae guys from that era as well.  Obviously jimi, would have loved to have seen dylan in the early years at some rundown shithole in greenwich village, i was fortunate enough to see the grateful dead before jerry died, whoever said nirvana, that was a good one that really stings because i actually had the chance to see them and didn't.  For the guy who said rage, I saw them play with the fucking wu tang clan.  Holy SHIT!!!!


    I, too, saw Wu Tang and Rage. Zack de la Rocha had just injured his ankle on the way to the show. I had to go just because of the pairing of the bands.

    As for who I missed and wished I'd seen; it's gotta be Zeppelin at this performance... holy shitness:
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T12wRBAhcTY&feature=related
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfApe:

    A ton of other roots reggae guys from that era as well.  Obviously jimi, would have loved to have seen dylan in the early years at some rundown shithole in greenwich village, i was fortunate enough to see the grateful dead before jerry died, whoever said nirvana, that was a good one that really stings because i actually had the chance to see them and didn't.  For the guy who said rage, I saw them play with the fucking wu tang clan.  Holy SHIT!!!!


    I, too, saw Wu Tang and Rage. Zack de la Rocha had just injured his ankle on the way to the show. I had to go just because of the pairing of the bands.

    As for who I missed and wished I'd seen; it's gotta be Zeppelin at this performance... holy shitness:
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T12wRBAhcTY&feature=related
     
    WRECKEDEM
    WRECKEDEM
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 977
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2011 - 10:27 PM ET #9

    1) mc5

    2) velvet underground

    3) hendrix

    4) acetone

    5) plasmatics

    Reply

    1) mc5

    2) velvet underground

    3) hendrix

    4) acetone

    5) plasmatics

     
    cashin
    cashin
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 17210
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2011 - 11:51 AM ET #10

    Hendrix, Bob Marley
    Reply
    Hendrix, Bob Marley
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2011 - 2:40 PM ET #11

    The Clash, 

    Led Zeppelin, 

    Pearl Jam, 

    Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young

    -shocked I never saw Peter Gabriel

    -also shocked that I never saw Joe Walsh while he was still kicking ass up till around 1982-ish

    Zeppelin is the only one that I can't fault myself for not seeing, since I never noticed any opportunity I can recall. 46 years old now, so I was 16 in 1980, and by then, I can't recall too many chances to see them.

    Oh shit, here's an obvious one. 

    The Who  , and I'll throw in not seeing Pete Townshend as a solo act as well....

    I've seen him a couple times, but to the guys my age, I'll speak for you guys and mention that if you did not see Todd Rundgren, you missed out. 

    Oh, and I can't believe this either, but I never saw Springsteen. I'll have another shot at that one though I'm pretty sure.
    Reply
    The Clash, 

    Led Zeppelin, 

    Pearl Jam, 

    Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young

    -shocked I never saw Peter Gabriel

    -also shocked that I never saw Joe Walsh while he was still kicking ass up till around 1982-ish

    Zeppelin is the only one that I can't fault myself for not seeing, since I never noticed any opportunity I can recall. 46 years old now, so I was 16 in 1980, and by then, I can't recall too many chances to see them.

    Oh shit, here's an obvious one. 

    The Who  , and I'll throw in not seeing Pete Townshend as a solo act as well....

    I've seen him a couple times, but to the guys my age, I'll speak for you guys and mention that if you did not see Todd Rundgren, you missed out. 

    Oh, and I can't believe this either, but I never saw Springsteen. I'll have another shot at that one though I'm pretty sure.
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2011 - 2:47 PM ET #12

    Stone Temple Pilots......although I might get to see something or some kind of a Scott Weiland incarnation another time..

    I can certainly think about STP getting all together for a semi decent cash n grab small tour in the future.

    Reply
    Stone Temple Pilots......although I might get to see something or some kind of a Scott Weiland incarnation another time..

    I can certainly think about STP getting all together for a semi decent cash n grab small tour in the future.

     
    Dutch1976
    Dutch1976
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1934
    Posted: Feb. 17, 2011 - 8:51 PM ET #13

    I kept putting off seeing The White Stripes. And now I hear they've broken up for good. Although I see a reunion tour happening in 8 yrs or so.
    Reply
    I kept putting off seeing The White Stripes. And now I hear they've broken up for good. Although I see a reunion tour happening in 8 yrs or so.
     
    Anent
    Anent
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 9124
    Posted: Feb. 18, 2011 - 12:07 AM ET #14

    I had tickets to see David Bowie back in the early nineties, but had to take an exam and never went. 

    But later I didn't study for finals to go see Oingo Boingo.

    So it balanced out.
    Reply
    I had tickets to see David Bowie back in the early nineties, but had to take an exam and never went. 

    But later I didn't study for finals to go see Oingo Boingo.

    So it balanced out.
     
    Anent
    Anent
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 9124
    Posted: Feb. 18, 2011 - 12:08 AM ET #15

    Nirvana show I saw in December of '03 was fairly average, but I'm glad I saw 'em.

    The White Stripes will definitely be doing a big event reunion!
    Reply
    Nirvana show I saw in December of '03 was fairly average, but I'm glad I saw 'em.

    The White Stripes will definitely be doing a big event reunion!
     
    picc818
    picc818
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2002
    Posts: 2635
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2011 - 3:59 PM ET #16

    Led Zeppelin
    Queen
    Rage Against the Machine
    Reply
    Led Zeppelin
    Queen
    Rage Against the Machine
     
    Runnin Mitch
    Runnin Mitch
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2000
    Posts: 841
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2011 - 2:32 AM ET #17

     Besides ones mentioned before I pick Albert King.,,Buffalo Springfield as well as
     The James Gang ( With Joe Walsh) They played the Beacon in NYC 2 or 3 yrs ago ,but I missed them to see the Allman Bros the following week.
      I saw Nirvana in Springfield MA  1993 one week after the Unplugged show and they were quite good.
    Reply
     Besides ones mentioned before I pick Albert King.,,Buffalo Springfield as well as
     The James Gang ( With Joe Walsh) They played the Beacon in NYC 2 or 3 yrs ago ,but I missed them to see the Allman Bros the following week.
      I saw Nirvana in Springfield MA  1993 one week after the Unplugged show and they were quite good.
     
    Biscuiteater1
    Biscuiteater1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 33086
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2011 - 7:08 PM ET #18

    Once upon a time i had my choice the Dead or Zep, i chose the Dead and no doubt made the right choice, but man i'd like to have seen those guys. We are talking Zeps 2nd trip to the states. Oh well, Zep is a great band, the Dead are a state of mind.LOL. But i would saw my finger off to have seen Jimi at his best.Would have to have been 3hrs though. LOL
    Reply
    Once upon a time i had my choice the Dead or Zep, i chose the Dead and no doubt made the right choice, but man i'd like to have seen those guys. We are talking Zeps 2nd trip to the states. Oh well, Zep is a great band, the Dead are a state of mind.LOL. But i would saw my finger off to have seen Jimi at his best.Would have to have been 3hrs though. LOL
     
    platypus
    platypus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 6052
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2011 - 10:26 PM ET #19

    i was supposed to see the Smashing Pumpkins intimate and interactive show in 98.

    my parents didnt let me go.

    i still curse them for that
    Reply
    i was supposed to see the Smashing Pumpkins intimate and interactive show in 98.

    my parents didnt let me go.

    i still curse them for that
     
    Biscuiteater1
    Biscuiteater1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 33086
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2011 - 11:37 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin Mitch:

     Besides ones mentioned before I pick Albert King.,,Buffalo Springfield as well as
     The James Gang ( With Joe Walsh) They played the Beacon in NYC 2 or 3 yrs ago ,but I missed them to see the Allman Bros the following week.
      I saw Nirvana in Springfield MA  1993 one week after the Unplugged show and they were quite good.
    The James Gang  got back together?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin Mitch:

     Besides ones mentioned before I pick Albert King.,,Buffalo Springfield as well as
     The James Gang ( With Joe Walsh) They played the Beacon in NYC 2 or 3 yrs ago ,but I missed them to see the Allman Bros the following week.
      I saw Nirvana in Springfield MA  1993 one week after the Unplugged show and they were quite good.
    The James Gang  got back together?
     
    Sugarhouse
    Sugarhouse
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1784
    Posted: Feb. 22, 2011 - 12:59 AM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by platypus:

    i was supposed to see the Smashing Pumpkins intimate and interactive show in 98.

    my parents didnt let me go.

    i still curse them for that

    As well you should.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by platypus:

    i was supposed to see the Smashing Pumpkins intimate and interactive show in 98.

    my parents didnt let me go.

    i still curse them for that

    As well you should.
     
    misfit_aka
    misfit_aka
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 3713
    Posted: Feb. 27, 2011 - 6:31 AM ET #22

    lords of acid
    Reply
    lords of acid
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6288
    Posted: Feb. 27, 2011 - 9:35 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:

    Stone Temple Pilots......although I might get to see something or some kind of a Scott Weiland incarnation another time..

    I can certainly think about STP getting all together for a semi decent cash n grab small tour in the future.


    The future is now DH. They are back together and touring for over a year. Released a cd 6 months ago or so (not very good actually). They have one more record left on current deal with their label. Funny I'm listening to them while I read your post.

    How long did your coma last?



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:

    Stone Temple Pilots......although I might get to see something or some kind of a Scott Weiland incarnation another time..

    I can certainly think about STP getting all together for a semi decent cash n grab small tour in the future.


    The future is now DH. They are back together and touring for over a year. Released a cd 6 months ago or so (not very good actually). They have one more record left on current deal with their label. Funny I'm listening to them while I read your post.

    How long did your coma last?



     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2011 - 5:45 AM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:

    Stone Temple Pilots......although I might get to see something or some kind of a Scott Weiland incarnation another time..

    I can certainly think about STP getting all together for a semi decent cash n grab small tour in the future.


    Stone Temple Pilots played here in fucking Vegas last Friday Night at the Palms.  I just noticed the advertisement in Vegas' big weekly entertainment mag they put out. Was on a date, but had I known, I would have at least changed night of date. I have priorities, and a date in Vegas is like having a single chees everything at any Wendys...An any day happening whenever you want.

    Grrr....Can't believe I wasn't paying attention to the show magazine.
     9 days after I posted wanting to see them, and they play at a Casino on the same street I live on....dumbass! 

    Just realized this now @  2:30am Sunday Night (mon morning depending on how ya look at things  )
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:

    Stone Temple Pilots......although I might get to see something or some kind of a Scott Weiland incarnation another time..

    I can certainly think about STP getting all together for a semi decent cash n grab small tour in the future.


    Stone Temple Pilots played here in fucking Vegas last Friday Night at the Palms.  I just noticed the advertisement in Vegas' big weekly entertainment mag they put out. Was on a date, but had I known, I would have at least changed night of date. I have priorities, and a date in Vegas is like having a single chees everything at any Wendys...An any day happening whenever you want.

    Grrr....Can't believe I wasn't paying attention to the show magazine.
     9 days after I posted wanting to see them, and they play at a Casino on the same street I live on....dumbass! 

    Just realized this now @  2:30am Sunday Night (mon morning depending on how ya look at things  )
     
     
    djspurlz
    djspurlz
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 1435
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2011 - 8:54 PM ET #25

    I never got a chance to see -

    The Smiths - that would be my all time band to see.

    I regret not seeing -

    Depeche Mode Violator tour and before ( I finally saw them on the Exciter tour - but not the same.)

    I am a huge fan of the Cure- but I have unforn. never seen them live.

    I also had several chances to see the Ramones - unforn. never saw them.

    I also wish I could have seen Ministry pre 1991 on any tour and also Front Line Assembly ( any tour ).

     

    Reply

    I never got a chance to see -

    The Smiths - that would be my all time band to see.

    I regret not seeing -

    Depeche Mode Violator tour and before ( I finally saw them on the Exciter tour - but not the same.)

    I am a huge fan of the Cure- but I have unforn. never seen them live.

    I also had several chances to see the Ramones - unforn. never saw them.

    I also wish I could have seen Ministry pre 1991 on any tour and also Front Line Assembly ( any tour ).

     

    All Forums | Music
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,284
    • PART DEUX 221
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,114
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,663
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,252
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,149
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,587
    • Friday 10/02/2026 676
    • Week 5 Money 5,352

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.