• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum

    I am the most unlucky guy on earth on sports betting . Fade me I'm 100% sure you win

    12 Next Last»
    sideJOBplay
    Lib
    MBDAN
    LIanafranks5
    ccessna89
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4435
    Posts: 29
    12 Next Last»
     
    sideJOBplay
    sideJOBplay
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 4140
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 2:43 AM ET #1

    Thursday . I like
    Stl
    Hou
    Yankees
    Dodger
    Tiger
    A's
    Nats
    Angel

    P.s today I bet all against these team but dodger & Nats and you know what the results are only won on dodger ) so watch bet on them Thursday and lose . Sad very sad . I post in hope you guys can at least make $$$ from my sorry loser @ss
    Bol to you all
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Thursday . I like
    Stl
    Hou
    Yankees
    Dodger
    Tiger
    A's
    Nats
    Angel

    P.s today I bet all against these team but dodger & Nats and you know what the results are only won on dodger ) so watch bet on them Thursday and lose . Sad very sad . I post in hope you guys can at least make $$$ from my sorry loser @ss
    Bol to you all
     
    Lib
    Lib
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 1611
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 2:55 AM ET #2

    That's a lot of games to be betting on. 
    Reply
    That's a lot of games to be betting on. 
     
    MBDAN
    MBDAN
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 3357
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 2:58 AM ET #3

    I actually like all your picks. I won't be betting all of them, but I think you're going to have a positive day.
    Reply
    I actually like all your picks. I won't be betting all of them, but I think you're going to have a positive day.
     
    MBDAN
    MBDAN
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 3357
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 3:01 AM ET #4

    If you don't stop SideJob I'm going to start calling you Debbie Downer.
    Reply
    If you don't stop SideJob I'm going to start calling you Debbie Downer.
     
    sideJOBplay
    sideJOBplay
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 4140
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 3:18 AM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by MBDAN:

    If you don't stop SideJob I'm going to start calling you Debbie Downer.

    I want to stop but I'm in to deep . I try to take a break every now and then but still end up on the losing side . If only had a pill I can take to just forgot how to gamble or bet sports I would pay 10k for it , why 10k ? Because what ever the number are . I will lose it in sports betting anyway . So why not
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDAN:

    If you don't stop SideJob I'm going to start calling you Debbie Downer.

    I want to stop but I'm in to deep . I try to take a break every now and then but still end up on the losing side . If only had a pill I can take to just forgot how to gamble or bet sports I would pay 10k for it , why 10k ? Because what ever the number are . I will lose it in sports betting anyway . So why not
     
    LIanafranks5
    LIanafranks5
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2034
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 4:06 AM ET #6


    If you're chasing losses and you always lose doing that, I think you'd be good to fade in that case. No matter what plays you make.

    why didnt you just load up everything you had on the Angels today? Talk about a give a way, they had won 16 of 20 so it was obvious the streak would go to 17 today Minnys pitcher had a 17.34 era on the road.

    But a streak is a streak. Angels had some good fortune to win the game but that's why things come in streaks.
    Reply

    If you're chasing losses and you always lose doing that, I think you'd be good to fade in that case. No matter what plays you make.

    why didnt you just load up everything you had on the Angels today? Talk about a give a way, they had won 16 of 20 so it was obvious the streak would go to 17 today Minnys pitcher had a 17.34 era on the road.

    But a streak is a streak. Angels had some good fortune to win the game but that's why things come in streaks.
     
    LIanafranks5
    LIanafranks5
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2034
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 4:09 AM ET #7

    I will analyze your picks for you and let you know what your win % will be at the end of the day tomorrow. I will give you a likely estimate.

    I am a professional handicapper and I do this everyday, so it's not a problem for me. It's easy for me to spot patterns and that's why I have such great success and able to hit at 100% on my good days.
    Reply
    I will analyze your picks for you and let you know what your win % will be at the end of the day tomorrow. I will give you a likely estimate.

    I am a professional handicapper and I do this everyday, so it's not a problem for me. It's easy for me to spot patterns and that's why I have such great success and able to hit at 100% on my good days.
     
    LIanafranks5
    LIanafranks5
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2034
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 4:15 AM ET #8

    have you ever tried fading yourself? Does that work?

    Fading yourself shouldnt be hard, especially if you always lose.. it should be something you've already doing so you can win all the time instead.

    But I will be back and let you know if your picks are worth following or fading tomorrow. Looks like a lot of dogs are going to win tomorrow, based on the outcomes today....but let me tell you a secret-

    Each day, there are a ratio of dogs to favs that win, home teams to road, etc. If you blindly just go and pick all home teams you never gonna win like that. Or all road teams. Or all favs, etc. You must switch up at about a 60 to 40 or 50 to 50 ratio on average in your parlays.

    Switch it up, watch for patterns and traps. That's how I do it, and it works. I hit a 30-2 win streak last year doing that. And year before I went 17-0 hit a couple of 8 teamers back to back in a row

    No way you can lose in MLB if you dont over think it and can spot patterns. I know absolurely nothing about the sports or the players. I dont watch it, it's boring. I couldnt even tell you the names of any pitchers on any teams. But yet I am better at capping the sport than everyone here on this entire website.
    Reply
    have you ever tried fading yourself? Does that work?

    Fading yourself shouldnt be hard, especially if you always lose.. it should be something you've already doing so you can win all the time instead.

    But I will be back and let you know if your picks are worth following or fading tomorrow. Looks like a lot of dogs are going to win tomorrow, based on the outcomes today....but let me tell you a secret-

    Each day, there are a ratio of dogs to favs that win, home teams to road, etc. If you blindly just go and pick all home teams you never gonna win like that. Or all road teams. Or all favs, etc. You must switch up at about a 60 to 40 or 50 to 50 ratio on average in your parlays.

    Switch it up, watch for patterns and traps. That's how I do it, and it works. I hit a 30-2 win streak last year doing that. And year before I went 17-0 hit a couple of 8 teamers back to back in a row

    No way you can lose in MLB if you dont over think it and can spot patterns. I know absolurely nothing about the sports or the players. I dont watch it, it's boring. I couldnt even tell you the names of any pitchers on any teams. But yet I am better at capping the sport than everyone here on this entire website.
     
    LIanafranks5
    LIanafranks5
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2034
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 4:22 AM ET #9

    Assuming we have 10 games per day (to be simple)

    Because let's say we have a  60 to 40 a day ratio and we stick with that. So we do a 10 teamer everyday....and we put in 6 favs and 4 dogs (or other way around, up to you, 6 dog parlays pay more!)

    And then so we only need to guess the 4 favs that will win and then we automatically are left with the remaining 6 dogs.

    Since its very common to be around 60 to 40, we only need to guess 4 games to hit a 10 teamer.

    I am giving you an example of how I cap. I do much more than this obviously, but I look at my final plays and make sure I have a good ratio of favs to dogs and home to road as well you must take into consideration. 

    make sure not to bet all road or all home teams or you will rarely win

    But the real secret is- No such thing as "Random" so everything has patterns. Spot them, and you'll be a winner long term. I promise.


    Reply
    Assuming we have 10 games per day (to be simple)

    Because let's say we have a  60 to 40 a day ratio and we stick with that. So we do a 10 teamer everyday....and we put in 6 favs and 4 dogs (or other way around, up to you, 6 dog parlays pay more!)

    And then so we only need to guess the 4 favs that will win and then we automatically are left with the remaining 6 dogs.

    Since its very common to be around 60 to 40, we only need to guess 4 games to hit a 10 teamer.

    I am giving you an example of how I cap. I do much more than this obviously, but I look at my final plays and make sure I have a good ratio of favs to dogs and home to road as well you must take into consideration. 

    make sure not to bet all road or all home teams or you will rarely win

    But the real secret is- No such thing as "Random" so everything has patterns. Spot them, and you'll be a winner long term. I promise.


     
    sideJOBplay
    sideJOBplay
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 4140
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 4:27 AM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by LIanafranks5:

    Assuming we have 10 games per day (to be simple)Because let's say we have a  60 to 40 a day ratio and we stick with that. So we do a 10 teamer everyday....and we put in 6 favs and 4 dogs (or other way around, up to you, 6 dog parlays pay more!)And then so we only need to guess the 4 favs that will win and then we automatically are left with the remaining 6 dogs.Since its very common to be around 60 to 40, we only need to guess 4 games to hit a 10 teamer.I am giving you an example of how I cap. I do much more than this obviously, but I look at my final plays and make sure I have a good ratio of favs to dogs and home to road as well you must take into consideration. make sure not to bet all road or all home teams or you will rarely winBut the real secret is- No such thing as "Random" so everything has patterns. Spot them, and you'll be a winner long term. I promise.

    Thank you .
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by LIanafranks5:

    Assuming we have 10 games per day (to be simple)Because let's say we have a  60 to 40 a day ratio and we stick with that. So we do a 10 teamer everyday....and we put in 6 favs and 4 dogs (or other way around, up to you, 6 dog parlays pay more!)And then so we only need to guess the 4 favs that will win and then we automatically are left with the remaining 6 dogs.Since its very common to be around 60 to 40, we only need to guess 4 games to hit a 10 teamer.I am giving you an example of how I cap. I do much more than this obviously, but I look at my final plays and make sure I have a good ratio of favs to dogs and home to road as well you must take into consideration. make sure not to bet all road or all home teams or you will rarely winBut the real secret is- No such thing as "Random" so everything has patterns. Spot them, and you'll be a winner long term. I promise.

    Thank you .
     
    LIanafranks5
    LIanafranks5
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2034
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 4:35 AM ET #11

    you're welcome. I think I see the problem already. I think you're picking too many favorites each day.

    Just watch the patterns everyday and notice how many dogs and favs are winning and try to bet arouind that same ratio for your parlay

    Watch the concensus on covers too (I know this sounds stupid but it helps) and if you see 75% on one side and a low line, avoid the game altogether. It could be a trap. Once you get good, you'll be able to dicphier which are the traps and which are the "Gifts"

    Everyday it will likely be a mixture on everything. I know it sounds confusing but the main thing is to not over think it. 
    Reply
    you're welcome. I think I see the problem already. I think you're picking too many favorites each day.

    Just watch the patterns everyday and notice how many dogs and favs are winning and try to bet arouind that same ratio for your parlay

    Watch the concensus on covers too (I know this sounds stupid but it helps) and if you see 75% on one side and a low line, avoid the game altogether. It could be a trap. Once you get good, you'll be able to dicphier which are the traps and which are the "Gifts"

    Everyday it will likely be a mixture on everything. I know it sounds confusing but the main thing is to not over think it. 
     
    LIanafranks5
    LIanafranks5
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2034
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 4:38 AM ET #12

    Yeah just on quick glance, you have way yoo many home teams and favs on the ticket. I'd guess you would be good to fade actually tomorrow. 

    Fade everything down the middle, and you will probably have a winning day. 

    I'll say a 5-3 day if you fade,(with mostly some "dog" wins for better profit as well if you bet across the board) 

    But your 8 plays you posted I'll guess will go 3-5
    Reply
    Yeah just on quick glance, you have way yoo many home teams and favs on the ticket. I'd guess you would be good to fade actually tomorrow. 

    Fade everything down the middle, and you will probably have a winning day. 

    I'll say a 5-3 day if you fade,(with mostly some "dog" wins for better profit as well if you bet across the board) 

    But your 8 plays you posted I'll guess will go 3-5
     
    ccessna89
    ccessna89
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2015
    Posts: 101
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 4:39 AM ET #13

    What you need to do is follow somebody that has a proven record, a positive RSI, and follow there picks.

    If you are confident in the picks that you want, do a small parlay or round robin on 3-4 of them. You might lose more than you win on parlay, but because of great odds on parlays, you only need to win 1 out of many to make money.

    But bet big with those who have a proven record.

    I myself want to purchase a subscription to an Expert for the extra help. It takes hours of my time to make 1 or 2 picks, and I still end up losing on them sometimes.

    I am skeptical, but the experts do win money most the time.

    Maybe you should look into it as well.

    Remember, it's not a sprint. It's a marathon. If you fall behind at first, there is always plenty of time to catch up.

    Good luck
    Reply
    What you need to do is follow somebody that has a proven record, a positive RSI, and follow there picks.

    If you are confident in the picks that you want, do a small parlay or round robin on 3-4 of them. You might lose more than you win on parlay, but because of great odds on parlays, you only need to win 1 out of many to make money.

    But bet big with those who have a proven record.

    I myself want to purchase a subscription to an Expert for the extra help. It takes hours of my time to make 1 or 2 picks, and I still end up losing on them sometimes.

    I am skeptical, but the experts do win money most the time.

    Maybe you should look into it as well.

    Remember, it's not a sprint. It's a marathon. If you fall behind at first, there is always plenty of time to catch up.

    Good luck
     
    ccessna89
    ccessna89
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2015
    Posts: 101
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 4:54 AM ET #14

    Oh, and can I have that 10k now?


    Reply
    Oh, and can I have that 10k now?


     
    LIanafranks5
    LIanafranks5
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2034
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 5:20 AM ET #15

    No offesne but I dont think that is good advice.


    You should never follow ONE guy, regardless off RSI or record.

    Because people go through bad streaks. So you should follow only the HOT cappers and then switch and fade those same cappers when they go cold. 

    Ultimately you need to be able to come up with your own picks though as well, or at least have a feeling if you agree with what you are following or not, it helps. lol

    And the experts on this site, the ones that charge for picks, are risky too. I've heard they go on big losing streaks so that could really put you into the whole if you dont have a huge bank to cover the drawdown

    But I cant say for sure I've never bought picks here before. 


    I'm gonna switch my predicion of 3-5 to 4-4 now lol so I would just hold off on betting till the cold streak goes away



    Reply
    No offesne but I dont think that is good advice.


    You should never follow ONE guy, regardless off RSI or record.

    Because people go through bad streaks. So you should follow only the HOT cappers and then switch and fade those same cappers when they go cold. 

    Ultimately you need to be able to come up with your own picks though as well, or at least have a feeling if you agree with what you are following or not, it helps. lol

    And the experts on this site, the ones that charge for picks, are risky too. I've heard they go on big losing streaks so that could really put you into the whole if you dont have a huge bank to cover the drawdown

    But I cant say for sure I've never bought picks here before. 


    I'm gonna switch my predicion of 3-5 to 4-4 now lol so I would just hold off on betting till the cold streak goes away



     
    ccessna89
    ccessna89
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2015
    Posts: 101
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 5:35 AM ET #16

    Yes I agree.

    I didn't say follow somebody and only pick there picks.

    I didn't say purchase a subscription and only pick there picks.

    Follow picks, see what wins, what doesn't.

    I have never purchased expert advice myself either, but I want to. The advice would be great to read.

    And what to do from there...

    Let's say I want to pick the Red Sox moneyline for Thursday's game, and this isnt a real pick, but read. All the signs point to picking them, seems like a great pick.

    But when you checked a successful better, and he/she picked the Astros instead, and is confident about them. They give a great analysis as well. You should then take a second look at your pick, and maybe decide to bet elsewhere that day.

    While the expert can be wrong, and if you chose the redsox, you have made great money. Or they could be right, and you can spend the day kicking yourself, and writing a thread about how you need to quit gambling.

    But read from more than 1 source. You can't trust people on the forum when it comes to picking a winner, because as I stated before, 90% of people lose money.

    Take all the info you got into account, and once you have heard from multiple successful people, make a decision from there. And if they all decide on 1 side, and you want that side as well. Make the Pick. And cash in my friend.

    Once you read, and read, and read, and read. You gain knowledge of how successful people make there picks. You will get better and will start making better decisions on your own. And then once you add your own unique insight, along with all the info you have learned over months/years of doing this, you will be a perennial winner.

    Cash Money
    Reply
    Yes I agree.

    I didn't say follow somebody and only pick there picks.

    I didn't say purchase a subscription and only pick there picks.

    Follow picks, see what wins, what doesn't.

    I have never purchased expert advice myself either, but I want to. The advice would be great to read.

    And what to do from there...

    Let's say I want to pick the Red Sox moneyline for Thursday's game, and this isnt a real pick, but read. All the signs point to picking them, seems like a great pick.

    But when you checked a successful better, and he/she picked the Astros instead, and is confident about them. They give a great analysis as well. You should then take a second look at your pick, and maybe decide to bet elsewhere that day.

    While the expert can be wrong, and if you chose the redsox, you have made great money. Or they could be right, and you can spend the day kicking yourself, and writing a thread about how you need to quit gambling.

    But read from more than 1 source. You can't trust people on the forum when it comes to picking a winner, because as I stated before, 90% of people lose money.

    Take all the info you got into account, and once you have heard from multiple successful people, make a decision from there. And if they all decide on 1 side, and you want that side as well. Make the Pick. And cash in my friend.

    Once you read, and read, and read, and read. You gain knowledge of how successful people make there picks. You will get better and will start making better decisions on your own. And then once you add your own unique insight, along with all the info you have learned over months/years of doing this, you will be a perennial winner.

    Cash Money
     
    LIanafranks5
    LIanafranks5
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2034
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 5:35 AM ET #17

    Like right now there is a guy on here, everyone probably knows named SharkLenny I think his name is. 

    I believe he won last 12 in a row, and now everyone wants to follow him...

    but now is the time to start fading if anything. Because now he is due to lose and once everyone follows, things turn. 

    But he's a good capper, and so I dont expect him to have a real bad streak. But just saying things tend to even out in the long run.

    Also covers is putting his posts into penalty box. For no reason. All because he is winning. Why do they even have a public message board, if they dont allow you to post winners? I dont get it.


    Reply
    Like right now there is a guy on here, everyone probably knows named SharkLenny I think his name is. 

    I believe he won last 12 in a row, and now everyone wants to follow him...

    but now is the time to start fading if anything. Because now he is due to lose and once everyone follows, things turn. 

    But he's a good capper, and so I dont expect him to have a real bad streak. But just saying things tend to even out in the long run.

    Also covers is putting his posts into penalty box. For no reason. All because he is winning. Why do they even have a public message board, if they dont allow you to post winners? I dont get it.


     
    LIanafranks5
    LIanafranks5
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2034
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 5:39 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by ccessna89:

    Yes I agree.

    I didn't say follow somebody and only pick there picks.

    I didn't say purchase a subscription and only pick there picks.

    Follow picks, see what wins, what doesn't.

    I have never purchased expert advice myself either, but I want to. The advice would be great to read.

    And what to do from there...

    Let's say I want to pick the Red Sox moneyline for Thursday's game, and this isnt a real pick, but read. All the signs point to picking them, seems like a great pick.

    But when you checked a successful better, and he/she picked the Astros instead, and is confident about them. They give a great analysis as well. You should then take a second look at your pick, and maybe decide to bet elsewhere that day.

    While the expert can be wrong, and if you chose the redsox, you have made great money. Or they could be right, and you can spend the day kicking yourself, and writing a thread about how you need to quit gambling.

    But read from more than 1 source. You can't trust people on the forum when it comes to picking a winner, because as I stated before, 90% of people lose money.

    Take all the info you got into account, and once you have heard from multiple successful people, make a decision from there. And if they all decide on 1 side, and you want that side as well. Make the Pick. And cash in my friend.

    Once you read, and read, and read, and read. You gain knowledge of how successful people make there picks. You will get better and will start making better decisions on your own. And then once you add your own unique insight, along with all the info you have learned over months/years of doing this, you will be a perennial winner.

    Cash Money

    Wow, you type fast. lol I just wrote my comment like 2 mins ago and I see already a long reply to it. lol


    Well,

    I apologize for my comment. I agree with you as well about it being a marathon and not a sprint. But that's just good advice for money managment (something I NEED)

    Otherwise I think parlays and big profits are the way to go. lol people say parlays are sucker bets, I couldn't disagee more.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ccessna89:

    Yes I agree.

    I didn't say follow somebody and only pick there picks.

    I didn't say purchase a subscription and only pick there picks.

    Follow picks, see what wins, what doesn't.

    I have never purchased expert advice myself either, but I want to. The advice would be great to read.

    And what to do from there...

    Let's say I want to pick the Red Sox moneyline for Thursday's game, and this isnt a real pick, but read. All the signs point to picking them, seems like a great pick.

    But when you checked a successful better, and he/she picked the Astros instead, and is confident about them. They give a great analysis as well. You should then take a second look at your pick, and maybe decide to bet elsewhere that day.

    While the expert can be wrong, and if you chose the redsox, you have made great money. Or they could be right, and you can spend the day kicking yourself, and writing a thread about how you need to quit gambling.

    But read from more than 1 source. You can't trust people on the forum when it comes to picking a winner, because as I stated before, 90% of people lose money.

    Take all the info you got into account, and once you have heard from multiple successful people, make a decision from there. And if they all decide on 1 side, and you want that side as well. Make the Pick. And cash in my friend.

    Once you read, and read, and read, and read. You gain knowledge of how successful people make there picks. You will get better and will start making better decisions on your own. And then once you add your own unique insight, along with all the info you have learned over months/years of doing this, you will be a perennial winner.

    Cash Money

    Wow, you type fast. lol I just wrote my comment like 2 mins ago and I see already a long reply to it. lol


    Well,

    I apologize for my comment. I agree with you as well about it being a marathon and not a sprint. But that's just good advice for money managment (something I NEED)

    Otherwise I think parlays and big profits are the way to go. lol people say parlays are sucker bets, I couldn't disagee more.
     
    LIanafranks5
    LIanafranks5
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2034
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 5:43 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by ccessna89:

    Yes I agree.

    I didn't say follow somebody and only pick there picks.

    I didn't say purchase a subscription and only pick there picks.

    Follow picks, see what wins, what doesn't.

    I have never purchased expert advice myself either, but I want to. The advice would be great to read.

    And what to do from there...

    Let's say I want to pick the Red Sox moneyline for Thursday's game, and this isnt a real pick, but read. All the signs point to picking them, seems like a great pick.

    But when you checked a successful better, and he/she picked the Astros instead, and is confident about them. They give a great analysis as well. You should then take a second look at your pick, and maybe decide to bet elsewhere that day.

    While the expert can be wrong, and if you chose the redsox, you have made great money. Or they could be right, and you can spend the day kicking yourself, and writing a thread about how you need to quit gambling.

    But read from more than 1 source. You can't trust people on the forum when it comes to picking a winner, because as I stated before, 90% of people lose money.

    Take all the info you got into account, and once you have heard from multiple successful people, make a decision from there. And if they all decide on 1 side, and you want that side as well. Make the Pick. And cash in my friend.

    Once you read, and read, and read, and read. You gain knowledge of how successful people make there picks. You will get better and will start making better decisions on your own. And then once you add your own unique insight, along with all the info you have learned over months/years of doing this, you will be a perennial winner.

    Cash Money

    Oh I forgot to say I agree with everything you wrote this time

    That is good advice! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ccessna89:

    Yes I agree.

    I didn't say follow somebody and only pick there picks.

    I didn't say purchase a subscription and only pick there picks.

    Follow picks, see what wins, what doesn't.

    I have never purchased expert advice myself either, but I want to. The advice would be great to read.

    And what to do from there...

    Let's say I want to pick the Red Sox moneyline for Thursday's game, and this isnt a real pick, but read. All the signs point to picking them, seems like a great pick.

    But when you checked a successful better, and he/she picked the Astros instead, and is confident about them. They give a great analysis as well. You should then take a second look at your pick, and maybe decide to bet elsewhere that day.

    While the expert can be wrong, and if you chose the redsox, you have made great money. Or they could be right, and you can spend the day kicking yourself, and writing a thread about how you need to quit gambling.

    But read from more than 1 source. You can't trust people on the forum when it comes to picking a winner, because as I stated before, 90% of people lose money.

    Take all the info you got into account, and once you have heard from multiple successful people, make a decision from there. And if they all decide on 1 side, and you want that side as well. Make the Pick. And cash in my friend.

    Once you read, and read, and read, and read. You gain knowledge of how successful people make there picks. You will get better and will start making better decisions on your own. And then once you add your own unique insight, along with all the info you have learned over months/years of doing this, you will be a perennial winner.

    Cash Money

    Oh I forgot to say I agree with everything you wrote this time

    That is good advice! 
     
    ccessna89
    ccessna89
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2015
    Posts: 101
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 6:01 AM ET #20

    I had a winning parlay taken off the board.

    Maybe because I was talking about hedge betting, idk.

    So I had to post another winning one the next day. They kept that one on there.

    But I am always in search of advice as well. Especially for baseball, because that is my worst sport, I haven't followed it daily until recently.

    Part of the reason why I want to purchase expert advice, to help me get better for a sport I know little about. I will also take a look at SharkLenny.

    Thank you for that,

    Good luck my friend
    Reply
    I had a winning parlay taken off the board.

    Maybe because I was talking about hedge betting, idk.

    So I had to post another winning one the next day. They kept that one on there.

    But I am always in search of advice as well. Especially for baseball, because that is my worst sport, I haven't followed it daily until recently.

    Part of the reason why I want to purchase expert advice, to help me get better for a sport I know little about. I will also take a look at SharkLenny.

    Thank you for that,

    Good luck my friend
     
    ccessna89
    ccessna89
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2015
    Posts: 101
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 6:04 AM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by sideJOBplay:


    I want to stop but I'm in to deep . I try to take a break every now and then but still end up on the losing side . If only had a pill I can take to just forgot how to gamble or bet sports I would pay 10k for it , why 10k ? Because what ever the number are . I will lose it in sports betting anyway . So why not


    You owe both me and Llana $5k each
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sideJOBplay:


    I want to stop but I'm in to deep . I try to take a break every now and then but still end up on the losing side . If only had a pill I can take to just forgot how to gamble or bet sports I would pay 10k for it , why 10k ? Because what ever the number are . I will lose it in sports betting anyway . So why not


    You owe both me and Llana $5k each
     
    LIanafranks5
    LIanafranks5
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2034
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 6:11 AM ET #22

    Thanks Ccess, you too

    MLB I'd say is my worst sport as well, since I know nothing about it.

    But yet, I've hit my largest win streak ever in MLB last season....but the bankroll is always small so I only do parlays. Then when I win the parlay I usually don't manage the money. Even if I win 2 big ones in a row, I'll turn $5 into $1000 and then blow the whole $1000 in about a week.

    That's my weakness I can pick parlays consistently enough to profit long term (I estimate about minimum 150-300 units easily ahead every season) but I cannot seem to use good MM for the long term.
    Reply
    Thanks Ccess, you too

    MLB I'd say is my worst sport as well, since I know nothing about it.

    But yet, I've hit my largest win streak ever in MLB last season....but the bankroll is always small so I only do parlays. Then when I win the parlay I usually don't manage the money. Even if I win 2 big ones in a row, I'll turn $5 into $1000 and then blow the whole $1000 in about a week.

    That's my weakness I can pick parlays consistently enough to profit long term (I estimate about minimum 150-300 units easily ahead every season) but I cannot seem to use good MM for the long term.
     
    ccessna89
    ccessna89
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2015
    Posts: 101
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 6:31 AM ET #23

    I can't stop staring at your boner. Sorry

    lol

    But.......... when it comes to parlays.

    You will hear me say they are good. But in reality, they are really, really, hard to do consistently. You will have better luck doing straight bets on the teams instead in the long run.

    I might make a few BIG parlays a year, and the profits can be amazing. But usually, I will do small parlays throughout the year. Usually no more than $50

    A great way to help you win at parlay is hedging you bet. But casinos and a lot of betting websites frown upon that, so if you hedge a lot, do it on two different sites.

    I have talked about hedging in a couple previous posts so I won't get into it here, but a good, simple way to do it. I will use NFL as an example.

    Bet two teams that play before Sunday night, teams you are sure of. Then add 1 more game, either Sunday night or Monday night. So really, with a hedge, you only need to win your first two.

    And hedge against your last game, either to win your money back if you lose, or you can bet enough against your parlay to do a 50/50 split.

    You cut into your winnings, but you won't lose.

    But 80% of the time, I do parlays on a day where I want to make a bet, but not confident enough to bet $500+ on a single team. So I will just do a small parlay that day, just to get my heart racing a little bit when I get close to winning.

    Reply
    I can't stop staring at your boner. Sorry

    lol

    But.......... when it comes to parlays.

    You will hear me say they are good. But in reality, they are really, really, hard to do consistently. You will have better luck doing straight bets on the teams instead in the long run.

    I might make a few BIG parlays a year, and the profits can be amazing. But usually, I will do small parlays throughout the year. Usually no more than $50

    A great way to help you win at parlay is hedging you bet. But casinos and a lot of betting websites frown upon that, so if you hedge a lot, do it on two different sites.

    I have talked about hedging in a couple previous posts so I won't get into it here, but a good, simple way to do it. I will use NFL as an example.

    Bet two teams that play before Sunday night, teams you are sure of. Then add 1 more game, either Sunday night or Monday night. So really, with a hedge, you only need to win your first two.

    And hedge against your last game, either to win your money back if you lose, or you can bet enough against your parlay to do a 50/50 split.

    You cut into your winnings, but you won't lose.

    But 80% of the time, I do parlays on a day where I want to make a bet, but not confident enough to bet $500+ on a single team. So I will just do a small parlay that day, just to get my heart racing a little bit when I get close to winning.

     
    sideJOBplay
    sideJOBplay
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 4140
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 6:51 PM ET #24

    So far 1-3
    If you had fade you be up 3-1
    Reply
    So far 1-3
    If you had fade you be up 3-1
     
     
    moneyball3030
    moneyball3030
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2014
    Posts: 752
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 8:14 PM ET #25

    Liana how come you never post Mr professional
    Reply
    Liana how come you never post Mr professional
    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,609
    • Sunday 09/27/2026 502
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,090
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,643
    • Sunday 3,119
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 101,911
    • HELP PLEASE 1,447
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 13,527
    • NFL Sunday 7,284
    • ***Macwesties * Thur. * Sun. Sept. 24, 27, 2026 * Week #3 * NFL Football Plays* 8,734

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.