• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum

    Bodio's MLB Mon 08/29

    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
    bodio
    mrquija27
    MILFHUNTER74
    Qncyk1
    evilelvis
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 14230
    Posts: 146
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
     
    bodio
    bodio
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 7370
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 5:24 PM ET #51

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnys_Cash:

    Hopefully B Marshall has a big bounce back year as far as TD's. Very solid bench, Love the Packers D. Good Luck!! 

    He was the 3rd most targeted WR last year and played injured in 2010.  This year he's fully healthy, 2nd year with Henne, and a more aggressive O-coordinator.  I expect him to have a nice year.  

    I do love my bench as I feel it's really strong.  Packers D and Gostkowski were just cherries on top of what I feel was a very solid draft.  We shall see.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnys_Cash:

    Hopefully B Marshall has a big bounce back year as far as TD's. Very solid bench, Love the Packers D. Good Luck!! 

    He was the 3rd most targeted WR last year and played injured in 2010.  This year he's fully healthy, 2nd year with Henne, and a more aggressive O-coordinator.  I expect him to have a nice year.  

    I do love my bench as I feel it's really strong.  Packers D and Gostkowski were just cherries on top of what I feel was a very solid draft.  We shall see.

     
    bodio
    bodio
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 7370
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 5:28 PM ET #52

    Quote Originally Posted by HN4Life:

    Bodio can you please go a little more in depth on proper money management?

    Flat-bet...2-3% of your BR only....be selective...don't increase or decrease your bet-size unless you reach a specific goal (like doubling your BR, etc)....don't chase!...have some 'play' $$ aside for action wagers and fun 2-team parlays.  That's about it.  Most important is try to be selective and do your homework.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HN4Life:

    Bodio can you please go a little more in depth on proper money management?

    Flat-bet...2-3% of your BR only....be selective...don't increase or decrease your bet-size unless you reach a specific goal (like doubling your BR, etc)....don't chase!...have some 'play' $$ aside for action wagers and fun 2-team parlays.  That's about it.  Most important is try to be selective and do your homework.  
     
    bodio
    bodio
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 7370
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 5:28 PM ET #53

    Quote Originally Posted by KenoLounge:

    I'm like your complete card today.


    My complete card is only 1 game!  :)
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by KenoLounge:

    I'm like your complete card today.


    My complete card is only 1 game!  :)
     
    bodio
    bodio
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 7370
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 5:29 PM ET #54

    Quote Originally Posted by mrquija27:

    This is per bodio.  Bet 1 unit per play.  2-3% of you bankroll should equal 1 unit.  And win!


    Right on! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mrquija27:

    This is per bodio.  Bet 1 unit per play.  2-3% of you bankroll should equal 1 unit.  And win!


    Right on! 
     
    bodio
    bodio
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 7370
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 5:30 PM ET #55

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtSchlichterJr:

    I think Antonio Brown will find your starter list before to long.. Kid is a diamond in the rough..

    Agree.  The kid looks dynamite!  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtSchlichterJr:

    I think Antonio Brown will find your starter list before to long.. Kid is a diamond in the rough..

    Agree.  The kid looks dynamite!  
     
    mrquija27
    mrquija27
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 3117
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 5:36 PM ET #56

    Quote Originally Posted by bodio:


    Not sure if you can do much better than Ingram, Jacobs, Stewart, and Brown as backup RB's. Not sure why Romo and Gates are 'stretches'.  Romo is fully healthy and I expect him to have a huge year and finish as a top-5 QB in the league.  He was my 1st round pick (3rd round in a standard league without 2-player keepers) since Mike Wallace was gone (he was my target)  Gates was my 3rd round pick (5th round in a standard league without keepers).

    I have a top-5 QB, two top-5 RB's, and the #1 TE on my team.  Sure WR's are my weak spot but a combination of Marshall, Britt (he was sick last year when healthy), Brown (pre-season super-star in PIT), and Collie should be sufficient (we only start 2 in our league).  

    I know fantasy football is all about each owner's perception and expectations, and obviously we analyze the players differently.  good luck with your drafts


    Yeah I hear ya bro it is all about perception.  But as Romo will be good I see many qb's later in the draft that will close enough to what he does to get a better value pick in the 3rd round.  I dont see him as a top 5 but top 8-12.  Gates is a stretch because this year is so deep at TE.  You got a top 5 that are locks with a few behind them.  Once again this is fantasy and its all about value, I dont believe you got good value from those picks.  I do like Marshall and Britt as sleepers but neither are in optimal positions with their teams.  Miami/Henne sucks and Tenn runs the ball a lot.   Ingram and Jacobs both solid picks but Stewart and Brown are bums.  But like you say its all about perception.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bodio:


    Not sure if you can do much better than Ingram, Jacobs, Stewart, and Brown as backup RB's. Not sure why Romo and Gates are 'stretches'.  Romo is fully healthy and I expect him to have a huge year and finish as a top-5 QB in the league.  He was my 1st round pick (3rd round in a standard league without 2-player keepers) since Mike Wallace was gone (he was my target)  Gates was my 3rd round pick (5th round in a standard league without keepers).

    I have a top-5 QB, two top-5 RB's, and the #1 TE on my team.  Sure WR's are my weak spot but a combination of Marshall, Britt (he was sick last year when healthy), Brown (pre-season super-star in PIT), and Collie should be sufficient (we only start 2 in our league).  

    I know fantasy football is all about each owner's perception and expectations, and obviously we analyze the players differently.  good luck with your drafts


    Yeah I hear ya bro it is all about perception.  But as Romo will be good I see many qb's later in the draft that will close enough to what he does to get a better value pick in the 3rd round.  I dont see him as a top 5 but top 8-12.  Gates is a stretch because this year is so deep at TE.  You got a top 5 that are locks with a few behind them.  Once again this is fantasy and its all about value, I dont believe you got good value from those picks.  I do like Marshall and Britt as sleepers but neither are in optimal positions with their teams.  Miami/Henne sucks and Tenn runs the ball a lot.   Ingram and Jacobs both solid picks but Stewart and Brown are bums.  But like you say its all about perception.

     
    MILFHUNTER74
    MILFHUNTER74
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 617
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 5:51 PM ET #57

    BODIO, how did you fare in foots unit wise last year, thanks for all your hard work and sharing
    Reply
    BODIO, how did you fare in foots unit wise last year, thanks for all your hard work and sharing
     
    bodio
    bodio
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 7370
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 5:52 PM ET #58

    Quote Originally Posted by mrquija27:

    Yeah I hear ya bro it is all about perception.  But as Romo will be good I see many qb's later in the draft that will close enough to what he does to get a better value pick in the 3rd round.  I dont see him as a top 5 but top 8-12.  Gates is a stretch because this year is so deep at TE.  You got a top 5 that are locks with a few behind them.  Once again this is fantasy and its all about value, I dont believe you got good value from those picks.  I do like Marshall and Britt as sleepers but neither are in optimal positions with their teams.  Miami/Henne sucks and Tenn runs the ball a lot.   Ingram and Jacobs both solid picks but Stewart and Brown are bums.  But like you say its all about perception.


    I completely understand what you're saying in terms of 'value' later in the draft, etc and certain positions being very deep.  I do understand this but you have to remember that I've started out with two top-5 RB's (top 3 rated RB's in some cheat-sheets).  At this point, I'm already ahead of the game.  My pick was 8th in the 1st round.  I wanted to target a top WR in that spot but this year 6 WR's were kept and a couple more were drafted prior to my spot.  I was targeting Mike Wallace but he was gone.  At the same time Vick, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Rivers, Brady, and Ryan were gone at QB.  The best available WR's were V. jackson, DeSean Jackson (who I dont like this year), and Wayne (don't like him either).  All tier-1 WR's were gone.  I'm high on Romo, and sure I could have gotten Stafford/Roethlisberger/Eli/Flacco/etc later in the game, but to me Romo is a significant step-up from those guys.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's on a similar level as Brees/Brady/Rivers this year, and I expect a big year.  

    Then in round 3 (I already had 3 RB's, 1 QB, and 1 WR on my team at this point) Gates was available at my spot.  Sure TE's are deep this year and I love guys like Graham (#6 on my board) and Owen Daniels (#7) and could have waited, but when I have a team that truly could win the championship this year, it's important to get the BEST at each position if possible.  Gates is a clear-cut #1 TE, and frankly I'm surprised he lasted that long.  It was an easy decision.  The WR's that were available at that pick were:  Britt (who I still got on the way back in the 4th), Boldin, Manningham, Steve Johnson, Ochocinco.  I could have taken one of them but would have ended up without a #1 TE in all of fantasy. Now is that really 'value'?  I don't think so.

    My point here is this.  I know 'value' is important in fantasy football, but it's also important to get the best players possible when you have the luxury to do so.  By keeping Peterson and Charles, I was in that position.  I got my top-5 QB in Romo (my perception of course), I got a #1 TE in Gates, and I have decent WR's with Britt, Marshall, and Brown.  Heck I even reached for a defense by taking the Packers early, something I never do.  Gostkowski was my last round pick.  

    One final point, you can't say that Stewart is a bum.  The guy is a solid RB and would be a top 15 back if DeAngelo wasn't there.  Ronnie Brown is a season or 2 removed from being a top 10 pick, and he's a McCoy injury away from possibly being a top 15 back as well.  Those are my #5 and #6 running backs.  If you're talking about 'value' you have to admit there's a ton with those 2!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mrquija27:

    Yeah I hear ya bro it is all about perception.  But as Romo will be good I see many qb's later in the draft that will close enough to what he does to get a better value pick in the 3rd round.  I dont see him as a top 5 but top 8-12.  Gates is a stretch because this year is so deep at TE.  You got a top 5 that are locks with a few behind them.  Once again this is fantasy and its all about value, I dont believe you got good value from those picks.  I do like Marshall and Britt as sleepers but neither are in optimal positions with their teams.  Miami/Henne sucks and Tenn runs the ball a lot.   Ingram and Jacobs both solid picks but Stewart and Brown are bums.  But like you say its all about perception.


    I completely understand what you're saying in terms of 'value' later in the draft, etc and certain positions being very deep.  I do understand this but you have to remember that I've started out with two top-5 RB's (top 3 rated RB's in some cheat-sheets).  At this point, I'm already ahead of the game.  My pick was 8th in the 1st round.  I wanted to target a top WR in that spot but this year 6 WR's were kept and a couple more were drafted prior to my spot.  I was targeting Mike Wallace but he was gone.  At the same time Vick, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Rivers, Brady, and Ryan were gone at QB.  The best available WR's were V. jackson, DeSean Jackson (who I dont like this year), and Wayne (don't like him either).  All tier-1 WR's were gone.  I'm high on Romo, and sure I could have gotten Stafford/Roethlisberger/Eli/Flacco/etc later in the game, but to me Romo is a significant step-up from those guys.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's on a similar level as Brees/Brady/Rivers this year, and I expect a big year.  

    Then in round 3 (I already had 3 RB's, 1 QB, and 1 WR on my team at this point) Gates was available at my spot.  Sure TE's are deep this year and I love guys like Graham (#6 on my board) and Owen Daniels (#7) and could have waited, but when I have a team that truly could win the championship this year, it's important to get the BEST at each position if possible.  Gates is a clear-cut #1 TE, and frankly I'm surprised he lasted that long.  It was an easy decision.  The WR's that were available at that pick were:  Britt (who I still got on the way back in the 4th), Boldin, Manningham, Steve Johnson, Ochocinco.  I could have taken one of them but would have ended up without a #1 TE in all of fantasy. Now is that really 'value'?  I don't think so.

    My point here is this.  I know 'value' is important in fantasy football, but it's also important to get the best players possible when you have the luxury to do so.  By keeping Peterson and Charles, I was in that position.  I got my top-5 QB in Romo (my perception of course), I got a #1 TE in Gates, and I have decent WR's with Britt, Marshall, and Brown.  Heck I even reached for a defense by taking the Packers early, something I never do.  Gostkowski was my last round pick.  

    One final point, you can't say that Stewart is a bum.  The guy is a solid RB and would be a top 15 back if DeAngelo wasn't there.  Ronnie Brown is a season or 2 removed from being a top 10 pick, and he's a McCoy injury away from possibly being a top 15 back as well.  Those are my #5 and #6 running backs.  If you're talking about 'value' you have to admit there's a ton with those 2!

     
    Qncyk1
    Qncyk1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 1239
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 5:52 PM ET #59

    Quote Originally Posted by TiltRepeater:

    Quote Originally Posted by bodio:

    2011 MLB Record:
    168 - 135 @ 55% for +16.50 Units

    #1: OVER 8 PIT/HOU -104
    ...It's going to be very hot in Houston today and I like this one to go OVER.

    Good luck!
     
    Good point.  I took the Rangers/Angels Over yesterday, and it was helped tremendously by the heat.  The Over hit in the third or fourth inning.  It was one of those where right after you won boredom overtook you and you wish you'd have bet more.
     
    THX Bodio for the write-ups... Nice place to start instead of digging thru a pile of data!!

     

    one other thing that I have noticed in the last two weeks or so is that although the astros are bad they dont quit. from the manager to their last player they are giving 100 percent unlike the cardinals who just seem to lay down.

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TiltRepeater:

    Quote Originally Posted by bodio:

    2011 MLB Record:
    168 - 135 @ 55% for +16.50 Units

    #1: OVER 8 PIT/HOU -104
    ...It's going to be very hot in Houston today and I like this one to go OVER.

    Good luck!
     
    Good point.  I took the Rangers/Angels Over yesterday, and it was helped tremendously by the heat.  The Over hit in the third or fourth inning.  It was one of those where right after you won boredom overtook you and you wish you'd have bet more.
     
    THX Bodio for the write-ups... Nice place to start instead of digging thru a pile of data!!

     

    one other thing that I have noticed in the last two weeks or so is that although the astros are bad they dont quit. from the manager to their last player they are giving 100 percent unlike the cardinals who just seem to lay down.

     

     
    bodio
    bodio
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 7370
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 5:53 PM ET #60

    Quote Originally Posted by MILFHUNTER74:

    BODIO, how did you fare in foots unit wise last year, thanks for all your hard work and sharing

    See my first post on page 1 of this thread.  My records are there.

    Good luck hunting milfs bud! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MILFHUNTER74:

    BODIO, how did you fare in foots unit wise last year, thanks for all your hard work and sharing

    See my first post on page 1 of this thread.  My records are there.

    Good luck hunting milfs bud! 
     
    bodio
    bodio
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 7370
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 5:53 PM ET #61

    Quote Originally Posted by Qncyk1:

     

    one other thing that I have noticed in the last two weeks or so is that although the astros are bad they dont quit. from the manager to their last player they are giving 100 percent unlike the cardinals who just seem to lay down.

     


    Agree..they're playing good baseball!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Qncyk1:

     

    one other thing that I have noticed in the last two weeks or so is that although the astros are bad they dont quit. from the manager to their last player they are giving 100 percent unlike the cardinals who just seem to lay down.

     


    Agree..they're playing good baseball!
     
    evilelvis
    evilelvis
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2010
    Posts: 2852
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 5:57 PM ET #62

    NFL team looks solid enough...hopwe ya get 'em!
    Reply
    NFL team looks solid enough...hopwe ya get 'em!
     
    Denverb
    Denverb
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 5162
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 6:00 PM ET #63

    This looks excellent GL B  
    Reply
    This looks excellent GL B  
     
    mrquija27
    mrquija27
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 3117
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 6:02 PM ET #64

    Quote Originally Posted by bodio:


    I completely understand what you're saying in terms of 'value' later in the draft, etc and certain positions being very deep.  I do understand this but you have to remember that I've started out with two top-5 RB's (top 3 rated RB's in some cheat-sheets).  At this point, I'm already ahead of the game.  My pick was 8th in the 1st round.  I wanted to target a top WR in that spot but this year 6 WR's were kept and a couple more were drafted prior to my spot.  I was targeting Mike Wallace but he was gone.  At the same time Vick, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Rivers, Brady, and Ryan were gone at QB.  The best available WR's were V. jackson, DeSean Jackson (who I dont like this year), and Wayne (don't like him either).  All tier-1 WR's were gone.  I'm high on Romo, and sure I could have gotten Stafford/Roethlisberger/Eli/Flacco/etc later in the game, but to me Romo is a significant step-up from those guys.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's on a similar level as Brees/Brady/Rivers this year, and I expect a big year.  

    Then in round 3 (I already had 3 RB's, 1 QB, and 1 WR on my team at this point) Gates was available at my spot.  Sure TE's are deep this year and I love guys like Graham (#6 on my board) and Owen Daniels (#7) and could have waited, but when I have a team that truly could win the championship this year, it's important to get the BEST at each position if possible.  Gates is a clear-cut #1 TE, and frankly I'm surprised he lasted that long.  It was an easy decision.  The WR's that were available at that pick were:  Britt (who I still got on the way back in the 4th), Boldin, Manningham, Steve Johnson, Ochocinco.  I could have taken one of them but would have ended up without a #1 TE in all of fantasy. Now is that really 'value'?  I don't think so.

    My point here is this.  I know 'value' is important in fantasy football, but it's also important to get the best players possible when you have the luxury to do so.  By keeping Peterson and Charles, I was in that position.  I got my top-5 QB in Romo (my perception of course), I got a #1 TE in Gates, and I have decent WR's with Britt, Marshall, and Brown.  Heck I even reached for a defense by taking the Packers early, something I never do.  Gostkowski was my last round pick.  

    One final point, you can't say that Stewart is a bum.  The guy is a solid RB and would be a top 15 back if DeAngelo wasn't there.  Ronnie Brown is a season or 2 removed from being a top 10 pick, and he's a McCoy injury away from possibly being a top 15 back as well.  Those are my #5 and #6 running backs.  If you're talking about 'value' you have to admit there's a ton with those 2!

    I can definitely see where your coming from as I will agree gates had decent value there.  I still wouldve gone V.Jax or Wayne with top pick.  While I agree talent wise I believe both are overrated but both are the top "wide" reciever on 2 of the top 5 offenses in the league, maybe the top 2!  With the #5 and #6 rb's not bad I guess I have stewrart as my #4 in one of my leagues and I am ready to drop him I think he is garbage unless D.Williams gets hurt.  Cant wait for football!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bodio:


    I completely understand what you're saying in terms of 'value' later in the draft, etc and certain positions being very deep.  I do understand this but you have to remember that I've started out with two top-5 RB's (top 3 rated RB's in some cheat-sheets).  At this point, I'm already ahead of the game.  My pick was 8th in the 1st round.  I wanted to target a top WR in that spot but this year 6 WR's were kept and a couple more were drafted prior to my spot.  I was targeting Mike Wallace but he was gone.  At the same time Vick, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Rivers, Brady, and Ryan were gone at QB.  The best available WR's were V. jackson, DeSean Jackson (who I dont like this year), and Wayne (don't like him either).  All tier-1 WR's were gone.  I'm high on Romo, and sure I could have gotten Stafford/Roethlisberger/Eli/Flacco/etc later in the game, but to me Romo is a significant step-up from those guys.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's on a similar level as Brees/Brady/Rivers this year, and I expect a big year.  

    Then in round 3 (I already had 3 RB's, 1 QB, and 1 WR on my team at this point) Gates was available at my spot.  Sure TE's are deep this year and I love guys like Graham (#6 on my board) and Owen Daniels (#7) and could have waited, but when I have a team that truly could win the championship this year, it's important to get the BEST at each position if possible.  Gates is a clear-cut #1 TE, and frankly I'm surprised he lasted that long.  It was an easy decision.  The WR's that were available at that pick were:  Britt (who I still got on the way back in the 4th), Boldin, Manningham, Steve Johnson, Ochocinco.  I could have taken one of them but would have ended up without a #1 TE in all of fantasy. Now is that really 'value'?  I don't think so.

    My point here is this.  I know 'value' is important in fantasy football, but it's also important to get the best players possible when you have the luxury to do so.  By keeping Peterson and Charles, I was in that position.  I got my top-5 QB in Romo (my perception of course), I got a #1 TE in Gates, and I have decent WR's with Britt, Marshall, and Brown.  Heck I even reached for a defense by taking the Packers early, something I never do.  Gostkowski was my last round pick.  

    One final point, you can't say that Stewart is a bum.  The guy is a solid RB and would be a top 15 back if DeAngelo wasn't there.  Ronnie Brown is a season or 2 removed from being a top 10 pick, and he's a McCoy injury away from possibly being a top 15 back as well.  Those are my #5 and #6 running backs.  If you're talking about 'value' you have to admit there's a ton with those 2!

    I can definitely see where your coming from as I will agree gates had decent value there.  I still wouldve gone V.Jax or Wayne with top pick.  While I agree talent wise I believe both are overrated but both are the top "wide" reciever on 2 of the top 5 offenses in the league, maybe the top 2!  With the #5 and #6 rb's not bad I guess I have stewrart as my #4 in one of my leagues and I am ready to drop him I think he is garbage unless D.Williams gets hurt.  Cant wait for football!

     
    bodio
    bodio
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 7370
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 6:36 PM ET #65

    Quote Originally Posted by mrquija27:

    I can definitely see where your coming from as I will agree gates had decent value there.  I still wouldve gone V.Jax or Wayne with top pick.  While I agree talent wise I believe both are overrated but both are the top "wide" reciever on 2 of the top 5 offenses in the league, maybe the top 2!  With the #5 and #6 rb's not bad I guess I have stewrart as my #4 in one of my leagues and I am ready to drop him I think he is garbage unless D.Williams gets hurt.  Cant wait for football!


    Yeah it was either VJax and Stafford or Romo and Marshall.
    I decided to go with option #2  :)


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mrquija27:

    I can definitely see where your coming from as I will agree gates had decent value there.  I still wouldve gone V.Jax or Wayne with top pick.  While I agree talent wise I believe both are overrated but both are the top "wide" reciever on 2 of the top 5 offenses in the league, maybe the top 2!  With the #5 and #6 rb's not bad I guess I have stewrart as my #4 in one of my leagues and I am ready to drop him I think he is garbage unless D.Williams gets hurt.  Cant wait for football!


    Yeah it was either VJax and Stafford or Romo and Marshall.
    I decided to go with option #2  :)


     
    more4us
    more4us
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 13319
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 6:38 PM ET #66

    cheers
    Reply
    cheers
     
    composite
    composite
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4418
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 6:55 PM ET #67

    Quote Originally Posted by composite:

    Doesn't Houston play in a movable dome stadium? Wouldn't the weather be regulated?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minute_Maid_Park

    Yup. They play w/ a retractable dome.  Does anyone know if they're closing it or not due to very hot weather?

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by composite:

    Doesn't Houston play in a movable dome stadium? Wouldn't the weather be regulated?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minute_Maid_Park

    Yup. They play w/ a retractable dome.  Does anyone know if they're closing it or not due to very hot weather?

     
    Fortmax
    Fortmax
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 757
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 7:00 PM ET #68

    Good luck !
    Reply
    Good luck !
     
    mrquija27
    mrquija27
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 3117
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 7:01 PM ET #69

    Quote Originally Posted by bodio:


    Yeah it was either VJax and Stafford or Romo and Marshall.
    I decided to go with option #2  :)


    Stafford healthy equals 30 TD'S easy.  Good luck brother

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bodio:


    Yeah it was either VJax and Stafford or Romo and Marshall.
    I decided to go with option #2  :)


    Stafford healthy equals 30 TD'S easy.  Good luck brother

     
    mbullitt04
    mbullitt04
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 2424
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 7:05 PM ET #70

    on it bodio!!! thanks for all your hard work.

    Good luck!

    Reply

    on it bodio!!! thanks for all your hard work.

    Good luck!

     
    CityHunter
    CityHunter
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 34
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 7:08 PM ET #71

    Quote Originally Posted by bodio:


    Do a 1-team parlay...those are easier to hit!  :)

    I would say Diamondbacks are my 2nd favorite...GL



    Yes Mr Bodio, I agree!.. But for me is a matter of wager and things that does'nt come to case. Thanks For the feedback... BOL to you today... Nice work you do sharing!... Will pick KC\DET over 8.5 also. Wish me luck mate. See you around for a long time...

    Saludos desde Venezuela!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bodio:


    Do a 1-team parlay...those are easier to hit!  :)

    I would say Diamondbacks are my 2nd favorite...GL



    Yes Mr Bodio, I agree!.. But for me is a matter of wager and things that does'nt come to case. Thanks For the feedback... BOL to you today... Nice work you do sharing!... Will pick KC\DET over 8.5 also. Wish me luck mate. See you around for a long time...

    Saludos desde Venezuela!
     
    bodio
    bodio
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 7370
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 7:12 PM ET #72

    Quote Originally Posted by mrquija27:

    Stafford healthy equals 30 TD'S easy.  Good luck brother



    Key word being 'healthy'
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mrquija27:

    Stafford healthy equals 30 TD'S easy.  Good luck brother



    Key word being 'healthy'
     
    bodio
    bodio
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 7370
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 7:13 PM ET #73

    Quote Originally Posted by CityHunter:



    Yes Mr Bodio, I agree!.. But for me is a matter of wager and things that does'nt come to case. Thanks For the feedback... BOL to you today... Nice work you do sharing!... Will pick KC\DET over 8.5 also. Wish me luck mate. See you around for a long time...

    Saludos desde Venezuela!


    Good luck brutha.  Kick some ass today!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by CityHunter:



    Yes Mr Bodio, I agree!.. But for me is a matter of wager and things that does'nt come to case. Thanks For the feedback... BOL to you today... Nice work you do sharing!... Will pick KC\DET over 8.5 also. Wish me luck mate. See you around for a long time...

    Saludos desde Venezuela!


    Good luck brutha.  Kick some ass today!
     
    HN4Life
    HN4Life
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 8
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 7:24 PM ET #74

    bodio looking at any cfb this week?
    Reply
    bodio looking at any cfb this week?
     
     
    Waxi
    Waxi
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 1310
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2011 - 8:02 PM ET #75

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtSchlichterJr:

    I think Antonio Brown will find your starter list before to long.. Kid is a diamond in the rough..

    Word out of Steeler camp is that Brown has been good but runs some undisciplined routes.

    He is even with Emanuel Sanders as the 3rd reciever with one of them eventually supplanting H. Ward.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtSchlichterJr:

    I think Antonio Brown will find your starter list before to long.. Kid is a diamond in the rough..

    Word out of Steeler camp is that Brown has been good but runs some undisciplined routes.

    He is even with Emanuel Sanders as the 3rd reciever with one of them eventually supplanting H. Ward.

    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,388
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 686
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,322
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,477
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,815
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,493
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,221
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,863
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 8,148
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 16,841

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.