September Stock Talk IV
DRYS under 40 bucks. Wow.
Yep..I guess selling a company at 1.5 times earnings is the norm in this market.
Every single bulker has been killed due to the drop in the BDI and that drop has been brutal. Unfortunately financial firms who were speculating/investing in the FFA area (rate futures) are exiting to preserve capital and for that banking deal coming up (bank holding status) so futures rates have been cratering, but futures rates are not charter rates.
I wont sell a company at half of book value and 1.5 times earnings, I buy those stocks..tired mantra but I am not selling.
DRYS under 40 bucks. Wow.
Yep..I guess selling a company at 1.5 times earnings is the norm in this market.
Every single bulker has been killed due to the drop in the BDI and that drop has been brutal. Unfortunately financial firms who were speculating/investing in the FFA area (rate futures) are exiting to preserve capital and for that banking deal coming up (bank holding status) so futures rates have been cratering, but futures rates are not charter rates.
I wont sell a company at half of book value and 1.5 times earnings, I buy those stocks..tired mantra but I am not selling.
It is getting slaughtered. I guess the shorts have to short something, and now that they can't short the usual suspects, perhaps they have chosen DRYS among otehrs to really hammer???
It is getting slaughtered. I guess the shorts have to short something, and now that they can't short the usual suspects, perhaps they have chosen DRYS among otehrs to really hammer???
The market is shorting and selling now and they will sort it out later.
The theory is that rates are dropping artificially for these shippers, and that is true in the short term.
The problem is that this company is both diversified (they have an oil rig leasing division which is worth MORE than the current market cap of the entire company) and they have locked in rates for 68% of their fleet this year, and over 50% of their fleet all the way to 2011, on top of the revenues from the rig leasing division.
The market is wrong, but I cannot say when they figure it out..I dont sell a stock making great money on the cheap, I buy those.
The market is shorting and selling now and they will sort it out later.
The theory is that rates are dropping artificially for these shippers, and that is true in the short term.
The problem is that this company is both diversified (they have an oil rig leasing division which is worth MORE than the current market cap of the entire company) and they have locked in rates for 68% of their fleet this year, and over 50% of their fleet all the way to 2011, on top of the revenues from the rig leasing division.
The market is wrong, but I cannot say when they figure it out..I dont sell a stock making great money on the cheap, I buy those.
JPM is turning into the banking monster for the next 10 years.
WFC needs to step in on this WB debacle and be prepared to snatch it away from JPM.
JPM is turning into the banking monster for the next 10 years.
WFC needs to step in on this WB debacle and be prepared to snatch it away from JPM.
Watch JPM come in and get WB retail assets for pennies on the dollar.
JPM is turning into the banking monster for the next 10 years.
WFC needs to step in on this WB debacle and be prepared to snatch it away from JPM.
Absolutely. It is just a matter of time before Wachovia goes the way of WAMU they ught to get it over with as soon as possible.
Watch JPM come in and get WB retail assets for pennies on the dollar.
JPM is turning into the banking monster for the next 10 years.
WFC needs to step in on this WB debacle and be prepared to snatch it away from JPM.
Absolutely. It is just a matter of time before Wachovia goes the way of WAMU they ught to get it over with as soon as possible.
I have the average stock on my 20 being down 4% or so, this shows that the RUT and the middle belly of the market is getting creamed today, while financials are up and some broad names but the middle of the market keeps getting smacked.
I have the average stock on my 20 being down 4% or so, this shows that the RUT and the middle belly of the market is getting creamed today, while financials are up and some broad names but the middle of the market keeps getting smacked.
Yep I saw that late fellas..that hit right before the close of extended hours.
JPM has done things the right way this entire mess and if I had one to own bank stock it would be JPM.
VH2, did you see that article posted on yahoo about the BDI and how financial firms like GS has been unwinding contracts because of their new status and how that has been smacking the FFA numbers?
There is NO way this could have been forseen from an investment POV and I need to scrape together more money because DRYS is at bargain prices and I want more..
I must have missed that article Wallstreet . . . you had to know there was something behind this selling off of the BDI. Hopefully rates bottom soon. Amazing this stock has lost 50% of its value in just a month.
This market is crazy.
Yep I saw that late fellas..that hit right before the close of extended hours.
JPM has done things the right way this entire mess and if I had one to own bank stock it would be JPM.
VH2, did you see that article posted on yahoo about the BDI and how financial firms like GS has been unwinding contracts because of their new status and how that has been smacking the FFA numbers?
There is NO way this could have been forseen from an investment POV and I need to scrape together more money because DRYS is at bargain prices and I want more..
I must have missed that article Wallstreet . . . you had to know there was something behind this selling off of the BDI. Hopefully rates bottom soon. Amazing this stock has lost 50% of its value in just a month.
This market is crazy.
So far, so good. First time in about 34,000 years, it seems, that I have kept a "long trade" alive over a weekend.
If no bailout package over the weekend, then this little gain in SPY Friday goes caput at Monday's open. If there is a bailout package rammed up our asses this weekend, will close out SPY some time on Monday.
Have a very safe and nice weekend, everyone. Enjoy the football.
So far, so good. First time in about 34,000 years, it seems, that I have kept a "long trade" alive over a weekend.
If no bailout package over the weekend, then this little gain in SPY Friday goes caput at Monday's open. If there is a bailout package rammed up our asses this weekend, will close out SPY some time on Monday.
Have a very safe and nice weekend, everyone. Enjoy the football.
Of course we dont like the bailout but I have to gulp and know that the consequences are too high of not acting.
sasquatches, you think that WB gets bot at that level? It sure seems that the "buyers" are waiting for implosion lately...I wonder if after the euphoric bounce that the stock resumes its death march?
Of course we dont like the bailout but I have to gulp and know that the consequences are too high of not acting.
sasquatches, you think that WB gets bot at that level? It sure seems that the "buyers" are waiting for implosion lately...I wonder if after the euphoric bounce that the stock resumes its death march?
Details!!!
Tell me what you see.
Details!!!
Tell me what you see.
WSC-
Terms are all over the internet. Marketwatch has a decent summary.
"The Street" isn't going to like that "ONLY" 250 B is available right off the bat. Tons and tons of strings attached for the rest of the 700 B.
Needless to say, the SP 500 is going to get throttled at tomorrow's open. Where it goes from there will be 100% determined by how badly the manipulators want to terrorize shorts, but it probably won't matter, cause strong shorts aren't going to budge-----they know the US economy couldn't be in more of a shambles.
WSC-
Terms are all over the internet. Marketwatch has a decent summary.
"The Street" isn't going to like that "ONLY" 250 B is available right off the bat. Tons and tons of strings attached for the rest of the 700 B.
Needless to say, the SP 500 is going to get throttled at tomorrow's open. Where it goes from there will be 100% determined by how badly the manipulators want to terrorize shorts, but it probably won't matter, cause strong shorts aren't going to budge-----they know the US economy couldn't be in more of a shambles.
on second thought, is there even enough B's out there? probably not
on second thought, is there even enough B's out there? probably not
Taking some CDO's off the balance sheet and trying to free up the trading doesnt deal with the margin issues, or how banks can de-lever themselves.
Maybe the agencies need to make these instruments available to retail and smaller investors at reasonable prices...if the price were right I would buy some AAA CDO's on the cheap.
Taking some CDO's off the balance sheet and trying to free up the trading doesnt deal with the margin issues, or how banks can de-lever themselves.
Maybe the agencies need to make these instruments available to retail and smaller investors at reasonable prices...if the price were right I would buy some AAA CDO's on the cheap.
Hot Forum Topics
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,277
- PART DEUX 221
- Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,112
- Cleveland Bettors 2,661
- NFL LOCKED IN! 103,209
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,197
- Thursday 10/01/2026 756
- The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,148
- Happening just recently . . . 36,844
- We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,587
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
