JULY STOCK TALK IV
You only have two, so you might see if it turns into a 130 type move in the next week and make a nice return.
You only have two, so you might see if it turns into a 130 type move in the next week and make a nice return.
Grinder, if those calls were going for next to nothing I might let them roll..Ive seen the low end of a strangle come back, looking over my last years trades when I did taxes.
Grinder, if those calls were going for next to nothing I might let them roll..Ive seen the low end of a strangle come back, looking over my last years trades when I did taxes.
Nice job fellas.
Grinder, if those calls were going for next to nothing I might let them roll..Ive seen the low end of a strangle come back, looking over my last years trades when I did taxes.
Nice job fellas.
Grinder, if those calls were going for next to nothing I might let them roll..Ive seen the low end of a strangle come back, looking over my last years trades when I did taxes.
With so far from expiry, these strangles/straddles on higher priced stocks just dont pay. If I were playing a side I would go with puts, but I would probably sit pat and not touch it.
With so far from expiry, these strangles/straddles on higher priced stocks just dont pay. If I were playing a side I would go with puts, but I would probably sit pat and not touch it.
Grinder,
With so far from expiry, these strangles/straddles on higher priced stocks just dont pay. If I were playing a side I would go with puts, but I would probably sit pat and not touch it.
Grinder,
With so far from expiry, these strangles/straddles on higher priced stocks just dont pay. If I were playing a side I would go with puts, but I would probably sit pat and not touch it.
YHOO has no reward to me, I cannot see them moving 10% come earnings
BIDU options will be priced high and I think they keep floating it for a while, meaning it wont get killed YET, but I really think longer term this is a sub 100 stock..maybe 50 bucks eventually.
NTRI I would love a retest of the lows and pick it up for a longer term hold.
Most all the names have been zapped so far that that a straddle seems pointless. The only one with juice on the downside MIGHT be FFIV, but I dont see value in many here. The stocks with downside potential are the solars, ferts, coal and steel stocks, ones still flying and probably likely to fly more but WILL pop at some point.
I wish BIDU options werent so expensive.
YHOO has no reward to me, I cannot see them moving 10% come earnings
BIDU options will be priced high and I think they keep floating it for a while, meaning it wont get killed YET, but I really think longer term this is a sub 100 stock..maybe 50 bucks eventually.
NTRI I would love a retest of the lows and pick it up for a longer term hold.
Most all the names have been zapped so far that that a straddle seems pointless. The only one with juice on the downside MIGHT be FFIV, but I dont see value in many here. The stocks with downside potential are the solars, ferts, coal and steel stocks, ones still flying and probably likely to fly more but WILL pop at some point.
I wish BIDU options werent so expensive.
Yep, music to my ears. Sucker's rally.....nothing but short covering.
CANNOT WAIT until first thing Monday morning when I will get short C--------nothing but garbage.
Then, will cover at 10-12...............![]()
Well, did what I said. Opened a 1000 share short position on C at 19.40 (Mon Jul 21's open).
Not a believer for one second in the latest financial hoopla cause to me, not a damn thing has changed fundamentally, and nothing good is going to fundamentally happen any time soon. I do not see any "value," either, in the financials. The latest hype is short covering. Smart money is selling it, and I don't even think the dumb money is buying. It's all short covering.
The only thing that works in favor for the disamal US financials is the weak dollar, and that only applies for takeover purposes. The takeover rumors could keep these horrible ticker symbols afloat by goosing the shorts.
Anyway, will look to cover this thing 10-12ish.
Yep, music to my ears. Sucker's rally.....nothing but short covering.
CANNOT WAIT until first thing Monday morning when I will get short C--------nothing but garbage.
Then, will cover at 10-12...............![]()
Well, did what I said. Opened a 1000 share short position on C at 19.40 (Mon Jul 21's open).
Not a believer for one second in the latest financial hoopla cause to me, not a damn thing has changed fundamentally, and nothing good is going to fundamentally happen any time soon. I do not see any "value," either, in the financials. The latest hype is short covering. Smart money is selling it, and I don't even think the dumb money is buying. It's all short covering.
The only thing that works in favor for the disamal US financials is the weak dollar, and that only applies for takeover purposes. The takeover rumors could keep these horrible ticker symbols afloat by goosing the shorts.
Anyway, will look to cover this thing 10-12ish.
Well, did what I said. Opened a 1000 share short position on C at 19.40 (Mon Jul 21's open).
Not a believer for one second in the latest financial hoopla cause to me, not a damn thing has changed fundamentally, and nothing good is going to fundamentally happen any time soon. I do not see any "value," either, in the financials. The latest hype is short covering. Smart money is selling it, and I don't even think the dumb money is buying. It's all short covering.
The only thing that works in favor for the disamal US financials is the weak dollar, and that only applies for takeover purposes. The takeover rumors could keep these horrible ticker symbols afloat by goosing the shorts.
Anyway, will look to cover this thing 10-12ish.
Well, did what I said. Opened a 1000 share short position on C at 19.40 (Mon Jul 21's open).
Not a believer for one second in the latest financial hoopla cause to me, not a damn thing has changed fundamentally, and nothing good is going to fundamentally happen any time soon. I do not see any "value," either, in the financials. The latest hype is short covering. Smart money is selling it, and I don't even think the dumb money is buying. It's all short covering.
The only thing that works in favor for the disamal US financials is the weak dollar, and that only applies for takeover purposes. The takeover rumors could keep these horrible ticker symbols afloat by goosing the shorts.
Anyway, will look to cover this thing 10-12ish.
Grinder,
I hope you closed the puts and kept the calls. You could have REALLY made out with the approach.
Grinder,
I hope you closed the puts and kept the calls. You could have REALLY made out with the approach.
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
