interesting "beat up" defense stock
Lifemisspent knows quite a bit about the stock.
They do have a ton of shares out..and shorts are all over it.
Might be worth a stab..
Lifemisspent knows quite a bit about the stock.
They do have a ton of shares out..and shorts are all over it.
Might be worth a stab..
The problem is I look at book value and I think the stock goes to 10..
I am going to gamble on this one.
Looking for a double on the trade.
The problem is I look at book value and I think the stock goes to 10..
I am going to gamble on this one.
Looking for a double on the trade.
Even worse is DRYS. I have let 20% run away once, a 15% once and I still hold.
IMB is the same, so is a stock I own UVE..had a double in it and let it slide back down..
I have been letting FAST profits turn against me....been trying to break my day trading cycle and it has cost me quite a bit to be honest...all the stocks I own which are underwater were NOT at some point in the past..
Tough to try and break a short term stance, but I am trying and failing..
lol
The more I read about FRPT the more I think these MMs are so shell shocked on bad calls that they are making some HEAVY conservative calls..those FBR idiots (look at their stock haha) have a price target of BOOK value on the stock..the company has little debt and a buck plus in cash.
I agree thought, this week there are big announcements from the military and the stock will either be at 10 or 4..one or the other.
Damn risky...
Even worse is DRYS. I have let 20% run away once, a 15% once and I still hold.
IMB is the same, so is a stock I own UVE..had a double in it and let it slide back down..
I have been letting FAST profits turn against me....been trying to break my day trading cycle and it has cost me quite a bit to be honest...all the stocks I own which are underwater were NOT at some point in the past..
Tough to try and break a short term stance, but I am trying and failing..
lol
The more I read about FRPT the more I think these MMs are so shell shocked on bad calls that they are making some HEAVY conservative calls..those FBR idiots (look at their stock haha) have a price target of BOOK value on the stock..the company has little debt and a buck plus in cash.
I agree thought, this week there are big announcements from the military and the stock will either be at 10 or 4..one or the other.
Damn risky...
I am also gonna look at this one. What the hell. The whole market is blowing at the moment.I took the day off this morning, as I knew it was gonna blow all day and did not wanna see it. I feel kind of better that I did not sit around looking at it!! Seems like I should have gone for the qid idea as well...
I am also gonna look at this one. What the hell. The whole market is blowing at the moment.I took the day off this morning, as I knew it was gonna blow all day and did not wanna see it. I feel kind of better that I did not sit around looking at it!! Seems like I should have gone for the qid idea as well...
Delivery on the vehicles is this June..so they are pricing the market cap of the stock at the value of the awarded contract.
Totally absurd.
You are right about them being short I guarantee they are..they make a market in the stock and I bet they have been shorting it for quite some time.
Delivery on the vehicles is this June..so they are pricing the market cap of the stock at the value of the awarded contract.
Totally absurd.
You are right about them being short I guarantee they are..they make a market in the stock and I bet they have been shorting it for quite some time.
When I read the market maker was projecting them at 3 (I did read this I think it was real quick glance) then I had serious questions about the stock...sounds very suspicious to me..
When I read the market maker was projecting them at 3 (I did read this I think it was real quick glance) then I had serious questions about the stock...sounds very suspicious to me..
Force Protection Inc. shares declined Tuesday as worries persisted that the armored vehicle maker will receive smaller-than-expected contracts from the U.S. military.
The stock has been battered in recent weeks on concerns that the military has bought too many mine resistant ambush protected vehicles, or MRAPs. The U.S. Marine Corps said in November that it will reduce orders of the vehicles. The military is scheduled to award more contracts this week.
Force Protection (nasdaq: FRPT - news - people ) shares have lost 75 percent of their value since Oct. 17 when an independent study questioned whether the military should continue to purchase MRAPs. Stocks fell 5 cents to close at $5.91 Tuesday. The stock has traded between $4.52 and $31.16 in the last year.
On Tuesday, SunTrust Robinson Humphrey analyst Chris Donaghey reduced his 2008 profit estimate for the Ladson, S.C., company, and lowered his price target to $14 per share from $36.
Despite his lowered expectations, however, Donaghey said the shares have fallen too far, as the worldwide market for the company's vehicles will be strong even if U.S. orders decrease.
Donaghey expects Force Protection to earn $1.26 per share in 2008, down from an earlier estimate of $1.73 per share. Analysts polled by Thomson Financial expect an average of $1.34 per share.
Friedman, Billings, Ramsey analyst Patrick McCarthy downgraded the stock to "Underperform" from "Peer Perform" Monday, slashing his price target to $3 per share from $25. Shares fell 13 percent on the day.
Force Protection Inc. shares declined Tuesday as worries persisted that the armored vehicle maker will receive smaller-than-expected contracts from the U.S. military.
The stock has been battered in recent weeks on concerns that the military has bought too many mine resistant ambush protected vehicles, or MRAPs. The U.S. Marine Corps said in November that it will reduce orders of the vehicles. The military is scheduled to award more contracts this week.
Force Protection (nasdaq: FRPT - news - people ) shares have lost 75 percent of their value since Oct. 17 when an independent study questioned whether the military should continue to purchase MRAPs. Stocks fell 5 cents to close at $5.91 Tuesday. The stock has traded between $4.52 and $31.16 in the last year.
On Tuesday, SunTrust Robinson Humphrey analyst Chris Donaghey reduced his 2008 profit estimate for the Ladson, S.C., company, and lowered his price target to $14 per share from $36.
Despite his lowered expectations, however, Donaghey said the shares have fallen too far, as the worldwide market for the company's vehicles will be strong even if U.S. orders decrease.
Donaghey expects Force Protection to earn $1.26 per share in 2008, down from an earlier estimate of $1.73 per share. Analysts polled by Thomson Financial expect an average of $1.34 per share.
Friedman, Billings, Ramsey analyst Patrick McCarthy downgraded the stock to "Underperform" from "Peer Perform" Monday, slashing his price target to $3 per share from $25. Shares fell 13 percent on the day.
All I know of them is they sponsor the PHX open and their stock is in the shitter..
QUOTE
Even if they earn 50 cents a share, that gives them a 10 PE at this price..what a total joke.
Tomorrow is add time for me, but it might be a while until it turns into somthing positive.
All I know of them is they sponsor the PHX open and their stock is in the shitter..
QUOTE
Even if they earn 50 cents a share, that gives them a 10 PE at this price..what a total joke.
Tomorrow is add time for me, but it might be a while until it turns into somthing positive.
I think it is more a case of listening to what the Marine Corps said than what the analyst said, the $3 figure stuck in my mind.If the marines don't want them, however, in the weird, and totally corrupt way armed forces are provisioned, it does not mean necessarily that they will not get the order. Pols routinely force unwanted, unneeded, and absurdly priced weapons on our armed forces.
I think it is more a case of listening to what the Marine Corps said than what the analyst said, the $3 figure stuck in my mind.If the marines don't want them, however, in the weird, and totally corrupt way armed forces are provisioned, it does not mean necessarily that they will not get the order. Pols routinely force unwanted, unneeded, and absurdly priced weapons on our armed forces.
Hot Forum Topics
- Claiming Prizes 57,609
- Sunday 09/27/2026 503
- 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,090
- Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,679
- Sunday 3,121
- NFL LOCKED IN! 101,933
- HELP PLEASE 1,459
- NFL THREAD * 151 * 13,546
- NFL Sunday 7,389
- ***Macwesties * Thur. * Sun. Sept. 24, 27, 2026 * Week #3 * NFL Football Plays* 8,735
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
