• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Wrestlemania 32 Odds Discussion

    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
    Sparky10191
    schmeto
    dl36
    scalabrine
    mr_bollox
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 7685
    Posts: 142
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
     
    Sparky10191
    Sparky10191
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 68277
    Posted: Feb. 29, 2016 - 2:57 PM ET #26

    Updated Lines from 5dimes

    WWE Title
    Triple H +360
    Reigns -540

    HIAC/Shane wins he takes over Raw
    Undertaker -405
    Shane +285

    No Holds Barred Match
    Brock -335
    Ambrose +245
    Reply
    Updated Lines from 5dimes

    WWE Title
    Triple H +360
    Reigns -540

    HIAC/Shane wins he takes over Raw
    Undertaker -405
    Shane +285

    No Holds Barred Match
    Brock -335
    Ambrose +245
     
    schmeto
    schmeto
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 5092
    Posted: Feb. 29, 2016 - 4:14 PM ET #27

    Well, I can't see how Reins could lost this match because HHH has fight him until blook so without a heel turn of Ambrose on him, it will certainly win this match on my mind  that just sucks but I don t want to see this match it is not interesting anymore

    Lesnar vs Ambrose it is the best match for a main event on my mind. it should be the more interesting feud between heyman and Ambrose on the mic.
    Do you think Amrbose could  become a paul heyman guys? heyman could earn some respect for the courageous he had to face lesnar like this way.So I think Lesnar will win but Ambrose will receive respect of them and so ambrose will gain more credit to a futur push for wwe title.
    Does a turn back of Heyman on lesnar is possible?

    I don t undertand this wm match between shane vs taker? 2 faces fighting them? that s sounds untrue  it has something other behind that...I think it is a kind os strategy of shane and vince to perhaps end taker career. Vince should had been himself but I think the fact it is heel in a cell it is because Vince will have the key to close the cell and make entering who he wants so a Conspiracy against taker is not impossible perhaps it is Trump who will come to help     taker lol

    honestly AJ style is not a wrestler that I like bring back personage like mankind etc

    I think Vince makes mistake with Romans Reins new face of wwe, He had " the choosen one" in the pass Drew Mcinthyre he should had been him.




    https://www.oddschecker.com/tv/wwe/wwe-wrestlemania-32/heavyweight-championship
    Reply
    Well, I can't see how Reins could lost this match because HHH has fight him until blook so without a heel turn of Ambrose on him, it will certainly win this match on my mind  that just sucks but I don t want to see this match it is not interesting anymore

    Lesnar vs Ambrose it is the best match for a main event on my mind. it should be the more interesting feud between heyman and Ambrose on the mic.
    Do you think Amrbose could  become a paul heyman guys? heyman could earn some respect for the courageous he had to face lesnar like this way.So I think Lesnar will win but Ambrose will receive respect of them and so ambrose will gain more credit to a futur push for wwe title.
    Does a turn back of Heyman on lesnar is possible?

    I don t undertand this wm match between shane vs taker? 2 faces fighting them? that s sounds untrue  it has something other behind that...I think it is a kind os strategy of shane and vince to perhaps end taker career. Vince should had been himself but I think the fact it is heel in a cell it is because Vince will have the key to close the cell and make entering who he wants so a Conspiracy against taker is not impossible perhaps it is Trump who will come to help     taker lol

    honestly AJ style is not a wrestler that I like bring back personage like mankind etc

    I think Vince makes mistake with Romans Reins new face of wwe, He had " the choosen one" in the pass Drew Mcinthyre he should had been him.




    https://www.oddschecker.com/tv/wwe/wwe-wrestlemania-32/heavyweight-championship
     
    Sparky10191
    Sparky10191
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 68277
    Posted: Feb. 29, 2016 - 4:51 PM ET #28

    schmeto 

    I agree that the Heyman v Ambrose promos should be good. Heyman already had a good one last week and that match could be awesome if they take advantage of the fact that they can fight anywhere. If they really want to make it have an old school feel to it then you need to have them get into the parking lot at least. As for Ambrose...he's too much of a loose cannon to be paired with Heyman and Lesnar isn't one to offer his hand in respect. I just think it'll be a great match and the feud will end there.

    Don't take into account 2 faces fighting when it comes to Taker v Shane. Technically Ambrose v Lesnar is 2 faces fighting. AJ Styles v Jericho was recently 2 faces fighting. Rock v Cena was 2 faces fighting. And when Reigns fought Lesnar last year it was technically 2 "faces" fighting as was Taker v Lesnar all 3 times. When it comes to a big match, 2 faces fighting each other doesn't mean anything. 2 heels fighting is different. This match is essentially Vince trying to end Shane by putting him in an unwinnable position. It really is a match that has fans wondering "how will this end" and those are the best matches.

    As for Drew McIntyre...he was portrayed as "The Chosen One" as a storyline. Reigns is the real chosen one backstage. It's a different situation completely and Reigns will always be pushed as a star. Whether he sticks as a face or turns heel is the only question for the future.
    Reply
    schmeto 

    I agree that the Heyman v Ambrose promos should be good. Heyman already had a good one last week and that match could be awesome if they take advantage of the fact that they can fight anywhere. If they really want to make it have an old school feel to it then you need to have them get into the parking lot at least. As for Ambrose...he's too much of a loose cannon to be paired with Heyman and Lesnar isn't one to offer his hand in respect. I just think it'll be a great match and the feud will end there.

    Don't take into account 2 faces fighting when it comes to Taker v Shane. Technically Ambrose v Lesnar is 2 faces fighting. AJ Styles v Jericho was recently 2 faces fighting. Rock v Cena was 2 faces fighting. And when Reigns fought Lesnar last year it was technically 2 "faces" fighting as was Taker v Lesnar all 3 times. When it comes to a big match, 2 faces fighting each other doesn't mean anything. 2 heels fighting is different. This match is essentially Vince trying to end Shane by putting him in an unwinnable position. It really is a match that has fans wondering "how will this end" and those are the best matches.

    As for Drew McIntyre...he was portrayed as "The Chosen One" as a storyline. Reigns is the real chosen one backstage. It's a different situation completely and Reigns will always be pushed as a star. Whether he sticks as a face or turns heel is the only question for the future.
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Feb. 29, 2016 - 6:11 PM ET #29

    What are your plays sparks?  Maybe I will tail your predictions for a little 
    Reply
    What are your plays sparks?  Maybe I will tail your predictions for a little 
     
    Sparky10191
    Sparky10191
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 68277
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2016 - 2:05 AM ET #30

    At the moment I'm leaning Taker and Reigns but things could happen to change that. I'd never have money tied up for a month...even if -405 may be the best line we get on Taker.

    And there's still plenty of time for them to throw a plot twist and have Reigns lose again.

    Triple H will now be facing Ambrose on the Network Special. I can't imagine he'll lose but anything is possible at WM as we've learned in year's past.
    Reply
    At the moment I'm leaning Taker and Reigns but things could happen to change that. I'd never have money tied up for a month...even if -405 may be the best line we get on Taker.

    And there's still plenty of time for them to throw a plot twist and have Reigns lose again.

    Triple H will now be facing Ambrose on the Network Special. I can't imagine he'll lose but anything is possible at WM as we've learned in year's past.
     
    schmeto
    schmeto
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 5092
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2016 - 11:05 AM ET #31

    you convinced me about face vs faces that s true

    I didn t see raw of yesterday yet but taker it saw takers was there to speak about wm match ( don t spoil this raw please)

    I think taker opponent was choose to give taker a easy match  what about his health?  and they give shane to have something special and different that traditional feud and it which have no sense. here Taker doesn t need to have real feud because vince do it for him. I think it is just business to have taker on WM because shane seems have signed short contract

    the problem with Reins is that he will be bouued even if he win or lose! I don t think wwe make great deal by let him face
    they should turn him heel no until cena retired after that public will be more with him because he had been a heel before and gain more good popularity. Reins could be stay face but I like him only on few segment when he starts to be rabid on HHH but staying a face. remember orton on "viper" mode against cena, I think wwe should sell Reins as an Agressive rabid face

    I am not agree with drew he was realy the choose one because Reins was not there at this time but wwe change his plan concerning him and I still think they did mistake!






    Reply
    you convinced me about face vs faces that s true

    I didn t see raw of yesterday yet but taker it saw takers was there to speak about wm match ( don t spoil this raw please)

    I think taker opponent was choose to give taker a easy match  what about his health?  and they give shane to have something special and different that traditional feud and it which have no sense. here Taker doesn t need to have real feud because vince do it for him. I think it is just business to have taker on WM because shane seems have signed short contract

    the problem with Reins is that he will be bouued even if he win or lose! I don t think wwe make great deal by let him face
    they should turn him heel no until cena retired after that public will be more with him because he had been a heel before and gain more good popularity. Reins could be stay face but I like him only on few segment when he starts to be rabid on HHH but staying a face. remember orton on "viper" mode against cena, I think wwe should sell Reins as an Agressive rabid face

    I am not agree with drew he was realy the choose one because Reins was not there at this time but wwe change his plan concerning him and I still think they did mistake!






     
    Sparky10191
    Sparky10191
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 68277
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2016 - 3:00 PM ET #32

    I think Taker is much healthier these days. I mean...he did partake in a good number of altercations last year on top of 2 matches (or what it 3?) And I don't think Vince would have brought Shane back if Shane wasn't going to put on a show. I know it's hard to think Shane will be able to do the stuff he once did but even half of his old self will be enough for a good show so I don't think he'll be "easy." I think that would be a really bad look.
    Reply
    I think Taker is much healthier these days. I mean...he did partake in a good number of altercations last year on top of 2 matches (or what it 3?) And I don't think Vince would have brought Shane back if Shane wasn't going to put on a show. I know it's hard to think Shane will be able to do the stuff he once did but even half of his old self will be enough for a good show so I don't think he'll be "easy." I think that would be a really bad look.
     
    Sparky10191
    Sparky10191
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 68277
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2016 - 3:18 PM ET #33

    Not that it means anything in connection to the match but Taker is advertised for the European tour after WM
    Reply
    Not that it means anything in connection to the match but Taker is advertised for the European tour after WM
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 2, 2016 - 12:31 PM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky10191:

    At the moment I'm leaning Taker and Reigns but things could happen to change that. I'd never have money tied up for a month...even if -405 may be the best line we get on Taker.

    And there's still plenty of time for them to throw a plot twist and have Reigns lose again.

    Triple H will now be facing Ambrose on the Network Special. I can't imagine he'll lose but anything is possible at WM as we've learned in year's past.

    Obviously DL, these are parlayed or are put in progressive parlays. Playing -400 or -500 picks straight up are meaningless at the caps sites put on exotics.

    And with progressive parlays you can lock in your bet now (although you won't have the benefit of watching future Raws for Storyline development).

    Just continue to monitor the discussion here/Raws of you do put in a bet because when you bet a monster favorite it has to be 95% certain to hit. Not reason to blow up a parlay on a -500 favorite that doesn't come in!


    Unless the wwe fans take a hardcore stance against reigns he has to win.

    Spark, did you notice that at the end of fastlane there was a lot of what sounded like 'feedback' through the tv coupled with the pyrotechnics? It seemed like they were drowning out the boos. Even at that you could still here many boos.

    I think if reigns wins at mania and doesn't go heel, they'll have to do the same. Is Rocky definitely slated to be in RR's corner?







    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky10191:

    At the moment I'm leaning Taker and Reigns but things could happen to change that. I'd never have money tied up for a month...even if -405 may be the best line we get on Taker.

    And there's still plenty of time for them to throw a plot twist and have Reigns lose again.

    Triple H will now be facing Ambrose on the Network Special. I can't imagine he'll lose but anything is possible at WM as we've learned in year's past.

    Obviously DL, these are parlayed or are put in progressive parlays. Playing -400 or -500 picks straight up are meaningless at the caps sites put on exotics.

    And with progressive parlays you can lock in your bet now (although you won't have the benefit of watching future Raws for Storyline development).

    Just continue to monitor the discussion here/Raws of you do put in a bet because when you bet a monster favorite it has to be 95% certain to hit. Not reason to blow up a parlay on a -500 favorite that doesn't come in!


    Unless the wwe fans take a hardcore stance against reigns he has to win.

    Spark, did you notice that at the end of fastlane there was a lot of what sounded like 'feedback' through the tv coupled with the pyrotechnics? It seemed like they were drowning out the boos. Even at that you could still here many boos.

    I think if reigns wins at mania and doesn't go heel, they'll have to do the same. Is Rocky definitely slated to be in RR's corner?







     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 2, 2016 - 12:35 PM ET #35

    Spark,

    I was watching an old PPV and Batista did a Powerbomb on Bryan where Orton also did his finisher on him.

    It was on the announce table but was totally botched and it looked like Bryan got destroyed. Even Orton was in pain.

    Do you remember this? I didn't have the network at the time so I may have missed this PPV or perhaps it was older than that.

    Did this botched move contribute to Daniel's retirement? If you don't remember I can try to find the video.
    Reply
    Spark,

    I was watching an old PPV and Batista did a Powerbomb on Bryan where Orton also did his finisher on him.

    It was on the announce table but was totally botched and it looked like Bryan got destroyed. Even Orton was in pain.

    Do you remember this? I didn't have the network at the time so I may have missed this PPV or perhaps it was older than that.

    Did this botched move contribute to Daniel's retirement? If you don't remember I can try to find the video.
     
    Sparky10191
    Sparky10191
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 68277
    Posted: Mar. 3, 2016 - 6:39 PM ET #36

    Scal

    I heard that Vince is having the production team add in boos to replays and Smackdown for Triple H so you can take that two ways. Either it gets too overwhelming and they have to change things for Reigns AGAIN or do they just keep adding in the boos and altering taped crowd reactions and force it down everyone's throats once and for all and MAKE Reigns the champ.

    And apparently this Triple H v Ambrose title match is to keep Ambrose around as a super underdog with a huge following by continuing to push him down like Daniel Bryan to get the crowd even more behind him and that may also mean that he could be a backup plan...but that would obviously be after WM.

    As for the boos at Fastlane...I didn't catch anything but hearing that they're doing it now, it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

    I don't remember that powerbomb on Bryan but for all we know, it could have. Maybe it contributed to his neck problems but I'm not sure if he landed on his head or not or if he had a concussion from it or not because that's what ultimately ended his career...the concussions. So I think it's safe to say that everything contributed to his retirement.
    Reply
    Scal

    I heard that Vince is having the production team add in boos to replays and Smackdown for Triple H so you can take that two ways. Either it gets too overwhelming and they have to change things for Reigns AGAIN or do they just keep adding in the boos and altering taped crowd reactions and force it down everyone's throats once and for all and MAKE Reigns the champ.

    And apparently this Triple H v Ambrose title match is to keep Ambrose around as a super underdog with a huge following by continuing to push him down like Daniel Bryan to get the crowd even more behind him and that may also mean that he could be a backup plan...but that would obviously be after WM.

    As for the boos at Fastlane...I didn't catch anything but hearing that they're doing it now, it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

    I don't remember that powerbomb on Bryan but for all we know, it could have. Maybe it contributed to his neck problems but I'm not sure if he landed on his head or not or if he had a concussion from it or not because that's what ultimately ended his career...the concussions. So I think it's safe to say that everything contributed to his retirement.
     
    mr_bollox
    mr_bollox
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 14397
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2016 - 10:44 AM ET #37

    wow

    1) grown men actually watch this and talk about it

    2) i need to get a job at WWE, find out who they've assigned to "win" these matchups, fly to vegas, retire. 
    Reply
    wow

    1) grown men actually watch this and talk about it

    2) i need to get a job at WWE, find out who they've assigned to "win" these matchups, fly to vegas, retire. 
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2016 - 1:50 PM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_bollox:

    wow

    1) grown men actually watch this and talk about it

    2) i need to get a job at WWE, find out who they've assigned to "win" these matchups, fly to vegas, retire. 

    Yes grown men actually watch this. That should be brutally obvious to anyone who turns on Raw for more than a minute.

    The crowds are 80% adults. If you watch some classic matches you'll see GRANDMOTHERS who are ALONE at wrestling matches.

    Yes it was and always has been that popular among adults. The myth that this is a child's program is only believed by the gullible. 

    Spark


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_bollox:

    wow

    1) grown men actually watch this and talk about it

    2) i need to get a job at WWE, find out who they've assigned to "win" these matchups, fly to vegas, retire. 

    Yes grown men actually watch this. That should be brutally obvious to anyone who turns on Raw for more than a minute.

    The crowds are 80% adults. If you watch some classic matches you'll see GRANDMOTHERS who are ALONE at wrestling matches.

    Yes it was and always has been that popular among adults. The myth that this is a child's program is only believed by the gullible. 

    Spark


     
    Want2ride
    Want2ride
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 193
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2016 - 9:19 PM ET #39

    I loved watching wrestling on channel 5 in LA as a kid. Mr. "whoa nellie"person Lane was the announcer. Here are some names that I wonder if anyone remembers. Buddy "the killer" Austin, John " the golden greek" Tolos, Mil Mascaras, Bobo Brazil , Pedro Morales, Black Gordman ,The Great Goliath,Of course Fred Blasie ,Thunderbolt Patterson Johnny "red shoes" dugan- he was a ref, person Carson
    Reply
    I loved watching wrestling on channel 5 in LA as a kid. Mr. "whoa nellie"person Lane was the announcer. Here are some names that I wonder if anyone remembers. Buddy "the killer" Austin, John " the golden greek" Tolos, Mil Mascaras, Bobo Brazil , Pedro Morales, Black Gordman ,The Great Goliath,Of course Fred Blasie ,Thunderbolt Patterson Johnny "red shoes" dugan- he was a ref, person Carson
     
    Want2ride
    Want2ride
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 193
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2016 - 9:20 PM ET #40

    Covers substituted person for "D i c k"
    Reply
    Covers substituted person for "D i c k"
     
    slamspurs
    slamspurs
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 5717
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2016 - 6:20 PM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_bollox:

    wow

    1) grown men actually watch this and talk about it

    2) i need to get a job at WWE, find out who they've assigned to "win" these matchups, fly to vegas, retire. 

    This will be my response to people like this going forward.

    Do grown men watch shows like the Walking Dead about imaginary zombies? Or any other show? Those are all scripted too. The writers determine who says what, what happens to them, and how as well.

    I think the Dirty Deeds that Ambrose tried to do on Reigns and that they laughed off is probably a small buildup for later. Money in the Bank is in July, so they'll probably have Ambrose win that, then turn him heel as he stalks Reigns for a bit. It would make more sense that he would stalk a guy like Lesnar though, because they're trying to show that he can't beat him in a regular match.

    In a no holds barred street fight maybe he stands a chance.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_bollox:

    wow

    1) grown men actually watch this and talk about it

    2) i need to get a job at WWE, find out who they've assigned to "win" these matchups, fly to vegas, retire. 

    This will be my response to people like this going forward.

    Do grown men watch shows like the Walking Dead about imaginary zombies? Or any other show? Those are all scripted too. The writers determine who says what, what happens to them, and how as well.

    I think the Dirty Deeds that Ambrose tried to do on Reigns and that they laughed off is probably a small buildup for later. Money in the Bank is in July, so they'll probably have Ambrose win that, then turn him heel as he stalks Reigns for a bit. It would make more sense that he would stalk a guy like Lesnar though, because they're trying to show that he can't beat him in a regular match.

    In a no holds barred street fight maybe he stands a chance.

     
    Sparky10191
    Sparky10191
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 68277
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2016 - 3:07 PM ET #42

    Quote Originally Posted by slamspurs:

    This will be my response to people like this going forward.

    Do grown men watch shows like the Walking Dead about imaginary zombies? Or any other show? Those are all scripted too. The writers determine who says what, what happens to them, and how as well.

    I think the Dirty Deeds that Ambrose tried to do on Reigns and that they laughed off is probably a small buildup for later. Money in the Bank is in July, so they'll probably have Ambrose win that, then turn him heel as he stalks Reigns for a bit. It would make more sense that he would stalk a guy like Lesnar though, because they're trying to show that he can't beat him in a regular match.

    In a no holds barred street fight maybe he stands a chance.


    Not to mention any other scripted show allows everyone to shoot multiple takes. You only get 1 take in WWE. It's not like they're considering themselves real. I mean...the disclaimer of "don't try this at home" has been there for as long as I can remember. Because of all of that, it's easy to say that WWE is more realistic than TWD or any Kardashian bullshiit. You don't see anyone being written off of those shows because of a torn ACL/MCL/Meniscus or tearing their quad clean off.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by slamspurs:

    This will be my response to people like this going forward.

    Do grown men watch shows like the Walking Dead about imaginary zombies? Or any other show? Those are all scripted too. The writers determine who says what, what happens to them, and how as well.

    I think the Dirty Deeds that Ambrose tried to do on Reigns and that they laughed off is probably a small buildup for later. Money in the Bank is in July, so they'll probably have Ambrose win that, then turn him heel as he stalks Reigns for a bit. It would make more sense that he would stalk a guy like Lesnar though, because they're trying to show that he can't beat him in a regular match.

    In a no holds barred street fight maybe he stands a chance.


    Not to mention any other scripted show allows everyone to shoot multiple takes. You only get 1 take in WWE. It's not like they're considering themselves real. I mean...the disclaimer of "don't try this at home" has been there for as long as I can remember. Because of all of that, it's easy to say that WWE is more realistic than TWD or any Kardashian bullshiit. You don't see anyone being written off of those shows because of a torn ACL/MCL/Meniscus or tearing their quad clean off.
     
    Sparky10191
    Sparky10191
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 68277
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2016 - 3:08 PM ET #43

    Updated lines:

    Triple H +365
    Reigns -555

    Undertaker -390
    Shane +270

    Lesnar -335
    Ambrose +245
    Reply
    Updated lines:

    Triple H +365
    Reigns -555

    Undertaker -390
    Shane +270

    Lesnar -335
    Ambrose +245
     
    Sparky10191
    Sparky10191
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 68277
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2016 - 11:44 AM ET #44

    I just want to address how awesome the crowd was in the opening for Raw.

    They went nuts for Shane. Then when Taker's music hit, they went CRAZY and then when they saw it was just Vince, they boo'd the hell out of him then the assshole chant was deafening, then when Vince attacked the crowd by saying "they must be running out of steam, that's it" ... I thought it was AWESOME how the crowd quickly fought back with CM Punk chants. And he didn't even try to talk over them, he just let them get it out. I was saying during Shane's segment that he may be the only thing to get the Chicago crowd from chanting CM Punk but Vince turned that around.

    I don't know how to take Shane's attack on security, though. It was a lot of knees and rabbit punches. It was like a parking lot fight between 2 school kids.

    I thought the Neville v Owens match was great, but I'm glad Zayn is back and will have that match with Owens at WM. I would have rather seen Owens v AJ because AJ v Jericho for a 4th time at WM makes no sense. 

    I'm happy to see that they're going back to pushing Lana. Lets not forget how popular she was at one point and then that was just halted because of her public announcement of her engagement with Rusev. She is FINE and who knows how good of a wrestler she could be but I guess we'll see.

    AJ Styles does some incredible things in the ring. I really hope he gets a title push at one point. He certainly has the crowd behind him. That 450 Splash from outside the top rope and the crazy backwards reverse neckbreaker off the rope.

    They also kept it on the other end of the "PG" line with Shane calling Vince a bastardd and Jericho calling AJ a son of a b*tch.

    I have no idea what the deal is with Ryback. Why was the little "heart to heart" with Kalisto so long? It was like he was improvising the whole time and it was awful. The entire thing was backwards compliments and he didn't show a face or heel personality. But I love how the crowd did some CM Punk chants towards Ryback during his match. This history runs deep with Punk saying that he's reckless in the ring.

    And the Social Outcasts are hilarious, imo. "The Ax Man Commith!!! Yee! Yee! Yee! Yee!"

    And the stare down between Triple H and Bray was awesome. It woulda been so cool to see something form from that. WWE loves to tease those types of things like when they had the Wyatts and The Shield face off both as heels but then ended up attacking Cena anyway.

    Good show.
    Reply
    I just want to address how awesome the crowd was in the opening for Raw.

    They went nuts for Shane. Then when Taker's music hit, they went CRAZY and then when they saw it was just Vince, they boo'd the hell out of him then the assshole chant was deafening, then when Vince attacked the crowd by saying "they must be running out of steam, that's it" ... I thought it was AWESOME how the crowd quickly fought back with CM Punk chants. And he didn't even try to talk over them, he just let them get it out. I was saying during Shane's segment that he may be the only thing to get the Chicago crowd from chanting CM Punk but Vince turned that around.

    I don't know how to take Shane's attack on security, though. It was a lot of knees and rabbit punches. It was like a parking lot fight between 2 school kids.

    I thought the Neville v Owens match was great, but I'm glad Zayn is back and will have that match with Owens at WM. I would have rather seen Owens v AJ because AJ v Jericho for a 4th time at WM makes no sense. 

    I'm happy to see that they're going back to pushing Lana. Lets not forget how popular she was at one point and then that was just halted because of her public announcement of her engagement with Rusev. She is FINE and who knows how good of a wrestler she could be but I guess we'll see.

    AJ Styles does some incredible things in the ring. I really hope he gets a title push at one point. He certainly has the crowd behind him. That 450 Splash from outside the top rope and the crazy backwards reverse neckbreaker off the rope.

    They also kept it on the other end of the "PG" line with Shane calling Vince a bastardd and Jericho calling AJ a son of a b*tch.

    I have no idea what the deal is with Ryback. Why was the little "heart to heart" with Kalisto so long? It was like he was improvising the whole time and it was awful. The entire thing was backwards compliments and he didn't show a face or heel personality. But I love how the crowd did some CM Punk chants towards Ryback during his match. This history runs deep with Punk saying that he's reckless in the ring.

    And the Social Outcasts are hilarious, imo. "The Ax Man Commith!!! Yee! Yee! Yee! Yee!"

    And the stare down between Triple H and Bray was awesome. It woulda been so cool to see something form from that. WWE loves to tease those types of things like when they had the Wyatts and The Shield face off both as heels but then ended up attacking Cena anyway.

    Good show.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2016 - 7:27 PM ET #45

    Did Punk really that about Rybak? Maybe it was animosity during Rybak's push? 

    Titus is also quite reckless but Brock may the most reckless wreslter I've ever seen. To suplex a guy into a car window head first!!! I mean, I know angle did it to Shane and it didn't work but Shane asked him to do it!


    Reply
    Did Punk really that about Rybak? Maybe it was animosity during Rybak's push? 

    Titus is also quite reckless but Brock may the most reckless wreslter I've ever seen. To suplex a guy into a car window head first!!! I mean, I know angle did it to Shane and it didn't work but Shane asked him to do it!


     
    Sparky10191
    Sparky10191
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 68277
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2016 - 3:13 PM ET #46

    The story behind Punk and Ryback was when CM Punk went on Colt Cabana's podcast to talk about everything for the first time since he left (this was back in December of 2014). He said that Ryback injured him several times and he worked the last few months with broken ribs because of Ryback and claimed he took 20 years off of his life. He also confronted him after a botched press slam into a table and Punk said "Either you're doing it on purpose and you such, or you're dumb as f*ck - which is it?" in which Ryback responded by saying "I'm dumb as f*ck." He also referred to Ryback as "the steroid guy."

    After that, Ryback posted a pic on twitter of a broken CM Punk action figure. And, if you recall that segment where Ryback had his promo in the ring talking about his entire life from Nexus to his broken ankle to now, etc, that was in retaliation to Punk.

    Then, after Punk had to get surgery a week or 2 ago, Ryback tweeted TO CM Punk saying "My bad it was an accident 'I'm dumb as f*ck"

    And something I didn't notice until I just looked it up was that in his match against Curtis Axel on Raw...he hit Punk's running knee to Axel against the corner and did his little "go to sleep" gesture before smacking his head (which you can see in the link below).

    https://thebiglead.com/2016/03/08/ryback-mocked-a-cm-punk-move-at-chicago-raw-longtime-feud-roils-on-video/
    Reply
    The story behind Punk and Ryback was when CM Punk went on Colt Cabana's podcast to talk about everything for the first time since he left (this was back in December of 2014). He said that Ryback injured him several times and he worked the last few months with broken ribs because of Ryback and claimed he took 20 years off of his life. He also confronted him after a botched press slam into a table and Punk said "Either you're doing it on purpose and you such, or you're dumb as f*ck - which is it?" in which Ryback responded by saying "I'm dumb as f*ck." He also referred to Ryback as "the steroid guy."

    After that, Ryback posted a pic on twitter of a broken CM Punk action figure. And, if you recall that segment where Ryback had his promo in the ring talking about his entire life from Nexus to his broken ankle to now, etc, that was in retaliation to Punk.

    Then, after Punk had to get surgery a week or 2 ago, Ryback tweeted TO CM Punk saying "My bad it was an accident 'I'm dumb as f*ck"

    And something I didn't notice until I just looked it up was that in his match against Curtis Axel on Raw...he hit Punk's running knee to Axel against the corner and did his little "go to sleep" gesture before smacking his head (which you can see in the link below).

    https://thebiglead.com/2016/03/08/ryback-mocked-a-cm-punk-move-at-chicago-raw-longtime-feud-roils-on-video/
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2016 - 11:00 PM ET #47

    Ambrose vs. HHH was WM main event quality....   they worked great together....  no way Reigns can pull that off.     
    Reply
    Ambrose vs. HHH was WM main event quality....   they worked great together....  no way Reigns can pull that off.     
     
    Sparky10191
    Sparky10191
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 68277
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2016 - 1:35 PM ET #48

    When the Lesnar v Wyatt match was turned into a 2 on 1 and only featured Harper, I thought there was a chance that Ambrose was going to win, especially after Cole said "now he has to wait and see what happens in the main event tonight because he's supposed to face Dean Ambrose but that can all change if he wins the title." Obviously Ambrose didn't win the title but ever since the match was made, it's been Ambrose and Triple H in all the big show downs to close Raw. Obviously that's because Reigns is out for a bit and Lesnar is only advertised for a few shows but they've worked well together and that was a great match (albeit a bad finish). So maybe they've decided to change things up and have Lesnar v Bray at WM (which was expected) and involved Ambrose in the title match (but I can't imagine how they'd do that). And that Lesnar v Ambrose match would be awesome but you're now going on 3 weeks of different storylines for them so the build up is so weak.

    3 weeks left...I guess we'll see what happens.
    Reply
    When the Lesnar v Wyatt match was turned into a 2 on 1 and only featured Harper, I thought there was a chance that Ambrose was going to win, especially after Cole said "now he has to wait and see what happens in the main event tonight because he's supposed to face Dean Ambrose but that can all change if he wins the title." Obviously Ambrose didn't win the title but ever since the match was made, it's been Ambrose and Triple H in all the big show downs to close Raw. Obviously that's because Reigns is out for a bit and Lesnar is only advertised for a few shows but they've worked well together and that was a great match (albeit a bad finish). So maybe they've decided to change things up and have Lesnar v Bray at WM (which was expected) and involved Ambrose in the title match (but I can't imagine how they'd do that). And that Lesnar v Ambrose match would be awesome but you're now going on 3 weeks of different storylines for them so the build up is so weak.

    3 weeks left...I guess we'll see what happens.
     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2016 - 5:06 PM ET #49

    I played:

    1. Shane McMahon (+250) for 2.5 units


    Reply
    I played:

    1. Shane McMahon (+250) for 2.5 units


     
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2016 - 5:55 PM ET #50

    Quote Originally Posted by Want2ride:

    I loved watching wrestling on channel 5 in LA as a kid. Mr. "whoa nellie"person Lane was the announcer. Here are some names that I wonder if anyone remembers. Buddy "the killer" Austin, John " the golden greek" Tolos, Mil Mascaras, Bobo Brazil , Pedro Morales, Black Gordman ,The Great Goliath,Of course Fred Blasie ,Thunderbolt Patterson Johnny "red shoes" dugan- he was a ref, person Carson

    I watched G.L.O.W. (Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling), and then "wrestled" myself until I reached high school, and then I moved on to real live girls/women, but hey, whatever floats your boat......

    Once again, not sure why choreographed "extreme male hugging" constitutes as a sport, but then again, ESPN8 shows like dart tournaments, poker, and the strongman competition.

    Also, once again, shouldn't this topic be under "Fantasy Sports" not "General Discussion"?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Want2ride:

    I loved watching wrestling on channel 5 in LA as a kid. Mr. "whoa nellie"person Lane was the announcer. Here are some names that I wonder if anyone remembers. Buddy "the killer" Austin, John " the golden greek" Tolos, Mil Mascaras, Bobo Brazil , Pedro Morales, Black Gordman ,The Great Goliath,Of course Fred Blasie ,Thunderbolt Patterson Johnny "red shoes" dugan- he was a ref, person Carson

    I watched G.L.O.W. (Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling), and then "wrestled" myself until I reached high school, and then I moved on to real live girls/women, but hey, whatever floats your boat......

    Once again, not sure why choreographed "extreme male hugging" constitutes as a sport, but then again, ESPN8 shows like dart tournaments, poker, and the strongman competition.

    Also, once again, shouldn't this topic be under "Fantasy Sports" not "General Discussion"?
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,718
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,195
    • Monday 09/28/2026 816
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,829
    • PART DEUX 279
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,288
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,006
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,466
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 3,678
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,467

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.