• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    what is the most you have ever lost gambling, in 1 day?

    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
    Killer_B
    Catfish78
    ad1260
    DUDE-I-TOLD-YOU
    earthWake
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 48380
    Posts: 125
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6291
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2013 - 12:47 AM ET #51

    $5K the day Eli Manning pulled off the luckiest play in the history of sports (Giants vs. Pats). You know Eli, the one with 16 interceptions this year (the most in 5 games in the history of the NFL that has a $90M contract). I may finally be able to shake off that loss if the Giants don't win a game this year...
    Reply
    $5K the day Eli Manning pulled off the luckiest play in the history of sports (Giants vs. Pats). You know Eli, the one with 16 interceptions this year (the most in 5 games in the history of the NFL that has a $90M contract). I may finally be able to shake off that loss if the Giants don't win a game this year...
     
    Catfish78
    Catfish78
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 38
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2013 - 11:03 AM ET #52

    17k On College Bowl One Fucked Up Roller Coaster Ride ........ 
    Reply
    17k On College Bowl One Fucked Up Roller Coaster Ride ........ 
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2013 - 11:12 AM ET #53

    600 bucks drunk in New Orleans playing poker....what a donkey I was that day 
    Reply
    600 bucks drunk in New Orleans playing poker....what a donkey I was that day 
     
    DUDE-I-TOLD-YOU
    DUDE-I-TOLD-YOU
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 1286
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2013 - 7:19 PM ET #54

    I 'lost' nearly 34K on an 8-team NCAAF parlay last november.  

    I had games from early morning tip, to late night...one of which included a S/U A&M win @Bama (+15 dog I believe).  The game that wrecked my bawls seemed like a given, I was already calling friends to tune-in and watch... should have seen the irony coming. 
    The game was Vandy @Ole Miss (-2.5).  The first half was pure defense, with Ole Miss staying a step-ahead and slowing padding the spread (10 pt lead at half).  Survived a 3rd quarter scare giving up 2 Td's.  Put up a FG in the final quarter and seemed like Vandy's chances were crushed.....BUT WAIT!!!!  Ole Miss falls asleep/stops giving a fack, and Vandy literally walks into the endzone.  The cute comment on ESPN still pisses me off:  "Vandy squeaks past Ole Miss in final minute".      SOB, M-F'R
    Reply
    I 'lost' nearly 34K on an 8-team NCAAF parlay last november.  

    I had games from early morning tip, to late night...one of which included a S/U A&M win @Bama (+15 dog I believe).  The game that wrecked my bawls seemed like a given, I was already calling friends to tune-in and watch... should have seen the irony coming. 
    The game was Vandy @Ole Miss (-2.5).  The first half was pure defense, with Ole Miss staying a step-ahead and slowing padding the spread (10 pt lead at half).  Survived a 3rd quarter scare giving up 2 Td's.  Put up a FG in the final quarter and seemed like Vandy's chances were crushed.....BUT WAIT!!!!  Ole Miss falls asleep/stops giving a fack, and Vandy literally walks into the endzone.  The cute comment on ESPN still pisses me off:  "Vandy squeaks past Ole Miss in final minute".      SOB, M-F'R
     
    earthWake
    earthWake
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 6196
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 1:03 PM ET #55

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyShot:

    WOW, i remember that game... i lost $500 on NE.. that was brutal!!!!


    yeahhhhh.

    https://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=291206015


    most i lost in 1 day is like $800
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyShot:

    WOW, i remember that game... i lost $500 on NE.. that was brutal!!!!


    yeahhhhh.

    https://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=291206015


    most i lost in 1 day is like $800
     
    TonyaHarding
    TonyaHarding
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1808
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 2:08 PM ET #56

    Quote Originally Posted by 1129ken:



    Ouch. There's an old gambling joke about a guy who loses 20 straight football bets. Even his bookie feels badly about it and suggests the guy try betting hockey. The guy's response: "But I don't know anything about hockey ".



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 1129ken:



    Ouch. There's an old gambling joke about a guy who loses 20 straight football bets. Even his bookie feels badly about it and suggests the guy try betting hockey. The guy's response: "But I don't know anything about hockey ".



     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2013 - 3:40 AM ET #57

    Was up 14k ..bet baseball the last night of week...lost 13990 and when called book he said " U are up 10 bucks" then chuckled..I smashed everything in room...lol
    Reply
    Was up 14k ..bet baseball the last night of week...lost 13990 and when called book he said " U are up 10 bucks" then chuckled..I smashed everything in room...lol
     
    djterryt
    djterryt
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 5106
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2013 - 2:22 AM ET #58

    Wow where do i start......


    Back in the early 2000's when i was in my early 20s (and very new to sports wagering ) - i took a 7500 dollar series bet on the colorado avalanche to beat the minnesota wild . This was pre-salary cap NHL era- when Colorado was stacked with Patrick Roy, Forsberg, Sakic etc...it was Patricks last year and Minnesota's first year in the playoffs. Colorado line was like -180 to win the series or something like that so the bet was like 7500 to win 4000 (or just under).

    They were up 3-1 in the series and just couldn't close it out. They lost game 5 at home, then lost game 6 in Minnesota to a Richard Park overtime goal- then lost game 7 like this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6rMHPTEfJM

    I remember having people over at my house ready to celebrate and party - The game was tied 0-0 going into the 3rd and Colorado ended up scoring first - in every game of the series whatever team scored first always won - and when Colorado scored first i started running up and down my street cheering like a mad man (i was super drunk )- then bonehead Adam Foote takes an interference penalty with 5 minutes left and Marion Gaborik scores to tie the game and they lose in overtime after having a 3-1 lead in the series 

    The worst part is I had tons of Canucks fans at my house at the time- and on the same night they beat the St Louis Blues - so after nearly fainting my buddies dragged my behind to Robson Street in Vancouver to cheer while i sat at the Coco Rico cafe pounding shots of tequila.


    Another bad beat i had was i had Duke vs U Conn - $2500 for U Conn to win by 2 . Chris Duhon made me cry :( Just watch the end.....

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkALLUrgmu4


    Had 2000 on a 2 team moneyline parlay which paid just over 2200 on the Minnesota Vikings and another team (which won).....This year they had the force out rule and i lost the game because of this....

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnl1YqcBQfg


    After losing 34,000 (mainly credit and not cash) - I was forced to go into credit counselling and ended up paying off the  after 7 years. Ruined my credit at the time but lesson learned.

    Learned how to live off cash and not depend on money that was not mine - nor not to gamble with money that was not mine or mismanage funds on "all or nothing plays". Since this day i REFUSE to use credit to fund my gaming and REFUSE to deal with locals especially ones who provide "markers". 

    I have won a lot over the last few years with smaller plays - bankroll management and fantasy football over the years but this is a lesson i will never forget.

    I always think about how life would have been had i not gone on this gambling tirade- i probably could have owned a house here (taken a mortgage on one -pre olympics time of course when housing was actually semi affordable). 

    Great thread by the way. I think the "newer generation"of cappers can benefit from this discussion 

     best of luck gents
    Reply
    Wow where do i start......


    Back in the early 2000's when i was in my early 20s (and very new to sports wagering ) - i took a 7500 dollar series bet on the colorado avalanche to beat the minnesota wild . This was pre-salary cap NHL era- when Colorado was stacked with Patrick Roy, Forsberg, Sakic etc...it was Patricks last year and Minnesota's first year in the playoffs. Colorado line was like -180 to win the series or something like that so the bet was like 7500 to win 4000 (or just under).

    They were up 3-1 in the series and just couldn't close it out. They lost game 5 at home, then lost game 6 in Minnesota to a Richard Park overtime goal- then lost game 7 like this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6rMHPTEfJM

    I remember having people over at my house ready to celebrate and party - The game was tied 0-0 going into the 3rd and Colorado ended up scoring first - in every game of the series whatever team scored first always won - and when Colorado scored first i started running up and down my street cheering like a mad man (i was super drunk )- then bonehead Adam Foote takes an interference penalty with 5 minutes left and Marion Gaborik scores to tie the game and they lose in overtime after having a 3-1 lead in the series 

    The worst part is I had tons of Canucks fans at my house at the time- and on the same night they beat the St Louis Blues - so after nearly fainting my buddies dragged my behind to Robson Street in Vancouver to cheer while i sat at the Coco Rico cafe pounding shots of tequila.


    Another bad beat i had was i had Duke vs U Conn - $2500 for U Conn to win by 2 . Chris Duhon made me cry :( Just watch the end.....

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkALLUrgmu4


    Had 2000 on a 2 team moneyline parlay which paid just over 2200 on the Minnesota Vikings and another team (which won).....This year they had the force out rule and i lost the game because of this....

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnl1YqcBQfg


    After losing 34,000 (mainly credit and not cash) - I was forced to go into credit counselling and ended up paying off the  after 7 years. Ruined my credit at the time but lesson learned.

    Learned how to live off cash and not depend on money that was not mine - nor not to gamble with money that was not mine or mismanage funds on "all or nothing plays". Since this day i REFUSE to use credit to fund my gaming and REFUSE to deal with locals especially ones who provide "markers". 

    I have won a lot over the last few years with smaller plays - bankroll management and fantasy football over the years but this is a lesson i will never forget.

    I always think about how life would have been had i not gone on this gambling tirade- i probably could have owned a house here (taken a mortgage on one -pre olympics time of course when housing was actually semi affordable). 

    Great thread by the way. I think the "newer generation"of cappers can benefit from this discussion 

     best of luck gents
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55720
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2013 - 5:58 PM ET #59

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    just under 10,000 in a blackout.

    even lost my shoes. true story.

    Full story please.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    just under 10,000 in a blackout.

    even lost my shoes. true story.

    Full story please.

     
    punjabi
    punjabi
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 83
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2013 - 7:34 PM ET #60

    Most I ever lost =10,000 on Texas Rangers ML a couple years ago.

    Most I ever won = 16,000 on a NFL teaser.

    Reply

    Most I ever lost =10,000 on Texas Rangers ML a couple years ago.

    Most I ever won = 16,000 on a NFL teaser.

     
    punjabi
    punjabi
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 83
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2013 - 7:38 PM ET #61

    I can still remember the loss.  Holland was pitching against Seattle in Texas.  That pos Holland gave up like 10 runs in the first inning, lol.  Crazy.

    As for the teaser, it was a 6 teamer, I think I put 2500 on it.  The last leg was Saints over and I hedged it.  The over on my teaser was 47.5 I think.  I hedged it at under 48.5.  The game ended at exactly 48 with Drew Brees going down the field and throwing Graham a garbage td in a losing effort.  The over under landed on exactly 48 winning me my teaser and hedge bet to profit nearly 16,000.  It was the best feeling ever.

    Reply

    I can still remember the loss.  Holland was pitching against Seattle in Texas.  That pos Holland gave up like 10 runs in the first inning, lol.  Crazy.

    As for the teaser, it was a 6 teamer, I think I put 2500 on it.  The last leg was Saints over and I hedged it.  The over on my teaser was 47.5 I think.  I hedged it at under 48.5.  The game ended at exactly 48 with Drew Brees going down the field and throwing Graham a garbage td in a losing effort.  The over under landed on exactly 48 winning me my teaser and hedge bet to profit nearly 16,000.  It was the best feeling ever.

     
    pinoy1da
    pinoy1da
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 6156
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2013 - 2:23 AM ET #62

    15k playing headsup plo poker on fulltilt to some red pro in the netherlands aka blondie when i was 18 back in 09
    Reply
    15k playing headsup plo poker on fulltilt to some red pro in the netherlands aka blondie when i was 18 back in 09
     
    GunShard
    GunShard
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 1534
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2013 - 10:16 PM ET #63

    $600

    Didn't realize I lost small compared to everyone else here.
    Reply
    $600

    Didn't realize I lost small compared to everyone else here.
     
    JakeLake720
    JakeLake720
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 4992
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2013 - 10:48 PM ET #64

       $10,000 my first time in Las Vegas at the age of 21..I was like a kid in a candy store that could never have too much candy..If you can name it, I was playing it..Didn't even have money for a cab on the way to the airport..It was a really bad day, but a much needed learning experience..
    Reply
       $10,000 my first time in Las Vegas at the age of 21..I was like a kid in a candy store that could never have too much candy..If you can name it, I was playing it..Didn't even have money for a cab on the way to the airport..It was a really bad day, but a much needed learning experience..
     
    slamspurs
    slamspurs
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 5717
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2013 - 12:34 AM ET #65

    Most Won in a Day: $16,500, twice on 7 game parlays.

    Most Loss in a Day: $11,000 on Luke Lippincott's fumble on a Friday Nevada vs. Missouri game. Been chasing that loss ever since.

    Fastest Loss: $600 in 5 minutes. I was sleepy and needed action. Woke up and live bet 2 sets of women's tennis on the server. Broken both games. That beat my previous $110 in 10 mins at a casino where I lost 11 hands in a row of blackjack or the $200 I lost in 10 minutes where it was black 12 times in a row on the roulette table.

    I've been live on a 10 game parlay quite a few times. I believe I've missed on breaking even by 1 game about 3-4 times in 4 years.

    The most memorable one was when I went 8-0-1 with the 10th game being Giants vs. Colts on SNF where I was down 35-0 in the blink of an eye. Woulda paid 40k.

    The other one off the top of my head was a UCLA basketball game I wasn't even awake for because I thought my parlay was dead. I had UCLA +9 I think and they were winning at the half, but lost by like 11 by the end.

    To answer the question about hedging, I didn't use a local at the time, and it would be very difficult to find someone to take more than a dime of action, and I was playing all off credit cards at the time. No cash to pay the book that week if I won. In the grand scheme of things too, is there really a point to hedging $1,000 that you don't have on a $40,000 bet?

    I had an open parlay last year where I got to game 8 live. If I would have just closed it with some -30,000 money lines I could have cashed out 16k I believe. I lost both the last games on the worst teams in the NFL (jets and jags).

    I haven't made a single bet this season. I've decided to start over so I don't ruin my life in my late 20s. I still look at lines every week in NFL to see what I would have picked and to chat with some of my friends that still bet.

    Without money on the games, NBA is virtually unwatchable and I only watch the primetime SEC games or Saturday night college football. NFL I just watch the local team and maybe the 4 oclock if it's an interesting matchup.

    This is actually a pretty common topic.

    Reply

    Most Won in a Day: $16,500, twice on 7 game parlays.

    Most Loss in a Day: $11,000 on Luke Lippincott's fumble on a Friday Nevada vs. Missouri game. Been chasing that loss ever since.

    Fastest Loss: $600 in 5 minutes. I was sleepy and needed action. Woke up and live bet 2 sets of women's tennis on the server. Broken both games. That beat my previous $110 in 10 mins at a casino where I lost 11 hands in a row of blackjack or the $200 I lost in 10 minutes where it was black 12 times in a row on the roulette table.

    I've been live on a 10 game parlay quite a few times. I believe I've missed on breaking even by 1 game about 3-4 times in 4 years.

    The most memorable one was when I went 8-0-1 with the 10th game being Giants vs. Colts on SNF where I was down 35-0 in the blink of an eye. Woulda paid 40k.

    The other one off the top of my head was a UCLA basketball game I wasn't even awake for because I thought my parlay was dead. I had UCLA +9 I think and they were winning at the half, but lost by like 11 by the end.

    To answer the question about hedging, I didn't use a local at the time, and it would be very difficult to find someone to take more than a dime of action, and I was playing all off credit cards at the time. No cash to pay the book that week if I won. In the grand scheme of things too, is there really a point to hedging $1,000 that you don't have on a $40,000 bet?

    I had an open parlay last year where I got to game 8 live. If I would have just closed it with some -30,000 money lines I could have cashed out 16k I believe. I lost both the last games on the worst teams in the NFL (jets and jags).

    I haven't made a single bet this season. I've decided to start over so I don't ruin my life in my late 20s. I still look at lines every week in NFL to see what I would have picked and to chat with some of my friends that still bet.

    Without money on the games, NBA is virtually unwatchable and I only watch the primetime SEC games or Saturday night college football. NFL I just watch the local team and maybe the 4 oclock if it's an interesting matchup.

    This is actually a pretty common topic.

     
    Geedog
    Geedog
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 91
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2013 - 9:26 PM ET #66

    djterryt - i was at the Avs/Wild game and it totally sucked

    Patrick Roy laid an egg at the end
    Reply
    djterryt - i was at the Avs/Wild game and it totally sucked

    Patrick Roy laid an egg at the end
     
    djterryt
    djterryt
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 5106
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2013 - 1:39 PM ET #67

    Quote Originally Posted by Geedog:

    djterryt - i was at the Avs/Wild game and it totally sucked

    Patrick Roy laid an egg at the end

    oh man thats brutal.....:( I am a big Avs fan here in BC (been a Joe Sakic fan all my life - and was a nordiques fan back in the day)

    That loss will stay with me for the rest of my life- especially after up 3 games to 1....still stings...and the worst was when we ended up acquiring Andrew Brunette like 6 seasons later LOL was so hard to cheer for the guy cause deep inside i fucken hated him 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Geedog:

    djterryt - i was at the Avs/Wild game and it totally sucked

    Patrick Roy laid an egg at the end

    oh man thats brutal.....:( I am a big Avs fan here in BC (been a Joe Sakic fan all my life - and was a nordiques fan back in the day)

    That loss will stay with me for the rest of my life- especially after up 3 games to 1....still stings...and the worst was when we ended up acquiring Andrew Brunette like 6 seasons later LOL was so hard to cheer for the guy cause deep inside i fucken hated him 
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2013 - 1:00 PM ET #68

    Quote Originally Posted by Messier-11:

    I lost 7 grand in 5 minutes playing online playing online blackjack after a long night of drinking. I think I lost like 8 straight hands. I kept doubling up trying to get even and quit and it would not let me win a hand. The beats I was taking from that dealer were comical. I ripped the power cord off out of the wall before I lost everything and cried myself to sleep. Never been back to online blackjack since....
    .              On line casino is so rigged its not even funny.I got burned once and never again.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Messier-11:

    I lost 7 grand in 5 minutes playing online playing online blackjack after a long night of drinking. I think I lost like 8 straight hands. I kept doubling up trying to get even and quit and it would not let me win a hand. The beats I was taking from that dealer were comical. I ripped the power cord off out of the wall before I lost everything and cried myself to sleep. Never been back to online blackjack since....
    .              On line casino is so rigged its not even funny.I got burned once and never again.
     
    somedayIsuppose
    somedayIsuppose
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 1302
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2013 - 9:52 PM ET #69

    I lost my mind the night of the Mariners/White Sox extra innings under-buster.  Wasn't even a bankroll jeopardizing bet....just the worst thing I've ever seen in MLB betting.  That includes Aaron Boone.
    Reply
    I lost my mind the night of the Mariners/White Sox extra innings under-buster.  Wasn't even a bankroll jeopardizing bet....just the worst thing I've ever seen in MLB betting.  That includes Aaron Boone.
     
    BIGfnPOO
    BIGfnPOO
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 18880
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2013 - 12:55 AM ET #70

    56k shooting dice one afternoon/eve/night in  deep  montauk woods  
    bigFnPOO
    Reply
    56k shooting dice one afternoon/eve/night in  deep  montauk woods  
     
    BIGfnPOO
    BIGfnPOO
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 18880
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2013 - 1:00 AM ET #71

    this is why u hedge

    As for the teaser, it was a 6 teamer, I think I put 2500 on it.  The last leg was Saints over and I hedged it.  The over on my teaser was 47.5 I think.  I hedged it at under 48.5.  The game ended at exactly 48 with Drew Brees going down the field and throwing Graham a garbage td in a losing effort.  The over under landed on exactly 48 winning me my teaser and hedge bet to profit nearly 16,000.  It was the best feeling ever.

    bigFnPOO
    Reply
    this is why u hedge

    As for the teaser, it was a 6 teamer, I think I put 2500 on it.  The last leg was Saints over and I hedged it.  The over on my teaser was 47.5 I think.  I hedged it at under 48.5.  The game ended at exactly 48 with Drew Brees going down the field and throwing Graham a garbage td in a losing effort.  The over under landed on exactly 48 winning me my teaser and hedge bet to profit nearly 16,000.  It was the best feeling ever.

     
    depbmoc
    depbmoc
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 11613
    Posted: Oct. 25, 2013 - 4:17 PM ET #72

    Most lost in a day 6000 on a Saturday betting college football, I went 0-10 on the day. 

    Most won. 14000 on Alabama versus Notre Dame
    Reply
    Most lost in a day 6000 on a Saturday betting college football, I went 0-10 on the day. 

    Most won. 14000 on Alabama versus Notre Dame
     
    depbmoc
    depbmoc
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 11613
    Posted: Oct. 25, 2013 - 4:19 PM ET #73

    Last baseball season I bet 100 on 7 team money line parlay paid just over 7000 

    Over next 2 weeks I got stupid and gave most back
    Reply
    Last baseball season I bet 100 on 7 team money line parlay paid just over 7000 

    Over next 2 weeks I got stupid and gave most back
     
    RexR
    RexR
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 3917
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2013 - 4:44 AM ET #74

    NBA game in late spring 2011...Thunder at Lakers, missed the over parlay by 4 points...$1,000 bet to win 2600, gone.

    Lost $1,000 with Texas Tech @ Kansas about a year ago...tried to chase 2h.

    Made $1,000 a few times on Oregon parlays last year, mostly 1H.


    Reply
    NBA game in late spring 2011...Thunder at Lakers, missed the over parlay by 4 points...$1,000 bet to win 2600, gone.

    Lost $1,000 with Texas Tech @ Kansas about a year ago...tried to chase 2h.

    Made $1,000 a few times on Oregon parlays last year, mostly 1H.


     
     
    slikstiks99
    slikstiks99
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 6697
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2013 - 10:51 AM ET #75

    Quote Originally Posted by djterryt:


    oh man thats brutal.....:( I am a big Avs fan here in BC (been a Joe Sakic fan all my life - and was a nordiques fan back in the day)

    That loss will stay with me for the rest of my life- especially after up 3 games to 1....still stings...and the worst was when we ended up acquiring Andrew Brunette like 6 seasons later LOL was so hard to cheer for the guy cause deep inside i fucken hated him 


    I lived in Denver at the time but was really more of a Canucks fan. Pavel Bure- The Russian Rocket
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by djterryt:


    oh man thats brutal.....:( I am a big Avs fan here in BC (been a Joe Sakic fan all my life - and was a nordiques fan back in the day)

    That loss will stay with me for the rest of my life- especially after up 3 games to 1....still stings...and the worst was when we ended up acquiring Andrew Brunette like 6 seasons later LOL was so hard to cheer for the guy cause deep inside i fucken hated him 


    I lived in Denver at the time but was really more of a Canucks fan. Pavel Bure- The Russian Rocket
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,913
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,621
    • MLB Playoffs 17,007
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,889
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 332
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 447
    • PART DEUX 140
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,432
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,367
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,159

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.