• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Thoughts That Come To You

    «First Previous 181920 ... 212223 Next Last»
    StumpTownStu
    Midnight1
    Daddy_Freddie
    fubah2
    BogtheHog
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2296
    Posts: 571
    «First Previous 181920 ... 212223 Next Last»
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2025 - 1:47 AM ET #426

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Anyone ever have shingles? My neighbor has them & describes it as a rash of fever blisters with ants crawling around under your skin trying to get out. Sounds pretty nasty & painful!

    For most of my life, I was led to believe that if you had the chicken pox, you couldn't get shingles. Not true. Thankfully I have never had them. I've known a few people and they all described it as pretty hellish.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Anyone ever have shingles? My neighbor has them & describes it as a rash of fever blisters with ants crawling around under your skin trying to get out. Sounds pretty nasty & painful!

    For most of my life, I was led to believe that if you had the chicken pox, you couldn't get shingles. Not true. Thankfully I have never had them. I've known a few people and they all described it as pretty hellish.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2025 - 2:38 PM ET #427

    I know this won't be a popular comment but I don't like country music. Many songs sound like they were written after a Jerry Springer episode.

    How can I kiss those lips at night that have been chewin on my ass all day long.. 

    Seems to me they've all lost their wives or homes or most importantly, their dogs.

    I can't tell one act from another...ya got the cowboy hats, boots & jeans.

    I don't get it. 

    Reply

    I know this won't be a popular comment but I don't like country music. Many songs sound like they were written after a Jerry Springer episode.

    How can I kiss those lips at night that have been chewin on my ass all day long.. 

    Seems to me they've all lost their wives or homes or most importantly, their dogs.

    I can't tell one act from another...ya got the cowboy hats, boots & jeans.

    I don't get it. 

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2025 - 6:33 PM ET #428

    @StumpTownStu

     

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: Anyone ever have shingles? My neighbor has them & describes it as a rash of fever blisters with ants crawling around under your skin trying to get out. Sounds pretty nasty & painful! For most of my life, I was led to believe that if you had the chicken pox, you couldn't get shingles. Not true. Thankfully I have never had them. I've known a few people and they all described it as pretty hellish.

    Hey Stu...What I've learned is this, if you ever have chicken pox once they go away you think you are cured. It stays inside your body and later morphs into Shingles after you reach middle age. That's some REAL crazy stuff! 

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: Anyone ever have shingles? My neighbor has them & describes it as a rash of fever blisters with ants crawling around under your skin trying to get out. Sounds pretty nasty & painful! For most of my life, I was led to believe that if you had the chicken pox, you couldn't get shingles. Not true. Thankfully I have never had them. I've known a few people and they all described it as pretty hellish.

    Hey Stu...What I've learned is this, if you ever have chicken pox once they go away you think you are cured. It stays inside your body and later morphs into Shingles after you reach middle age. That's some REAL crazy stuff! 

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2025 - 6:34 PM ET #429

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I know this won't be a popular comment but I don't like country music. Many songs sound like they were written after a Jerry Springer episode. How can I kiss those lips at night that have been chewin on my ass all day long..  Seems to me they've all lost their wives or homes or most importantly, their dogs. I can't tell one act from another...ya got the cowboy hats, boots & jeans. I don't get it.

    Take some time and listen to George Strait, you might start liking country music 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I know this won't be a popular comment but I don't like country music. Many songs sound like they were written after a Jerry Springer episode. How can I kiss those lips at night that have been chewin on my ass all day long..  Seems to me they've all lost their wives or homes or most importantly, their dogs. I can't tell one act from another...ya got the cowboy hats, boots & jeans. I don't get it.

    Take some time and listen to George Strait, you might start liking country music 

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2025 - 7:28 PM ET #430

    Reply

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2025 - 8:05 PM ET #431

    @Daddy_Freddie

     I'll tell ya Freddie, I wouldn't know George Strait from Merle Haggard who I guess wrote the song which was depressing as hell to me. an_roll_laugh

    I do still like looking at Shania Twain & Carrie Underwood's legs on Sunday night football & Dolly Parton is an unbelievably beautiful person. As far as the dudes, all I know is Johnny Cash Ring of Fire & Kenny Rodgers singing the Gambler. But hell, they're dead & I'm hard pressed to name anymore.

    I'm more into rock & enjoy southern rock like the Allman Brothers, Creedence etc. but also loved the Stones, Queen, Pink Floyd  & that genre. I really enjoyed Eminem & Snoop when they were performing.

    peace_5

    Reply

    @Daddy_Freddie

     I'll tell ya Freddie, I wouldn't know George Strait from Merle Haggard who I guess wrote the song which was depressing as hell to me. an_roll_laugh

    I do still like looking at Shania Twain & Carrie Underwood's legs on Sunday night football & Dolly Parton is an unbelievably beautiful person. As far as the dudes, all I know is Johnny Cash Ring of Fire & Kenny Rodgers singing the Gambler. But hell, they're dead & I'm hard pressed to name anymore.

    I'm more into rock & enjoy southern rock like the Allman Brothers, Creedence etc. but also loved the Stones, Queen, Pink Floyd  & that genre. I really enjoyed Eminem & Snoop when they were performing.

    peace_5

     
    fubah2
    fubah2
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 53676
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2025 - 8:29 PM ET #432

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I know this won't be a popular comment but I don't like country music. Many songs sound like they were written after a Jerry Springer episode. How can I kiss those lips at night that have been chewin on my ass all day long..  Seems to me they've all lost their wives or homes or most importantly, their dogs. I can't tell one act from another...ya got the cowboy hats, boots & jeans. I don't get it.

     

    @Midnight1

    cool I'm with you, my fellow vet friend peace_5  I am NOT a fan of Country music either thumbs_down...... Hmmmm, well, except for a few toe-tappers! Yee-Haaah an_2drinks These I keep on my playlist, check'em out:

     

    Amarillo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjAesQyZzYc&list=RDAjAesQyZzYc&start_radio=1

     

    Reklaws, Canadian Bro/Sis:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mtOPxHV6HE&list=RD9mtOPxHV6HE&start_radio=1

     

    Wasted Time
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMqUat-Oqsk&list=RDPMqUat-Oqsk&start_radio=1

     

    AIME
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPyBGQtpTCo&list=RDSPyBGQtpTCo&start_radio=1


    Make Hay
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip6liLOMMKo&list=RDip6liLOMMKo&start_radio=1


    Lookin for Love:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPyBGQtpTCo&list=RDSPyBGQtpTCo&start_radio=1


    BOP - Dan Seals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB83njMPl7M&list=RDEB83njMPl7M&start_radio=1


    Alabama
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GGQ2zId8JA&list=RD9GGQ2zId8JA&start_radio=1

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I know this won't be a popular comment but I don't like country music. Many songs sound like they were written after a Jerry Springer episode. How can I kiss those lips at night that have been chewin on my ass all day long..  Seems to me they've all lost their wives or homes or most importantly, their dogs. I can't tell one act from another...ya got the cowboy hats, boots & jeans. I don't get it.

     

    @Midnight1

    cool I'm with you, my fellow vet friend peace_5  I am NOT a fan of Country music either thumbs_down...... Hmmmm, well, except for a few toe-tappers! Yee-Haaah an_2drinks These I keep on my playlist, check'em out:

     

    Amarillo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjAesQyZzYc&list=RDAjAesQyZzYc&start_radio=1

     

    Reklaws, Canadian Bro/Sis:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mtOPxHV6HE&list=RD9mtOPxHV6HE&start_radio=1

     

    Wasted Time
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMqUat-Oqsk&list=RDPMqUat-Oqsk&start_radio=1

     

    AIME
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPyBGQtpTCo&list=RDSPyBGQtpTCo&start_radio=1


    Make Hay
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip6liLOMMKo&list=RDip6liLOMMKo&start_radio=1


    Lookin for Love:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPyBGQtpTCo&list=RDSPyBGQtpTCo&start_radio=1


    BOP - Dan Seals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB83njMPl7M&list=RDEB83njMPl7M&start_radio=1


    Alabama
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GGQ2zId8JA&list=RD9GGQ2zId8JA&start_radio=1

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Aug. 27, 2025 - 6:41 PM ET #433

    My wife just got back from Merrill Lynch & access to the building has higher security.

    There is now a security guard desk in the lobby where you have to sign in, note the company you are visiting & the name of the person you're visiting. Previously, you walked into the building & in the elevator. I realize this is normal in many cities but not so much here.

    Apparently because of the incident in NYC where a shooter was trying to access the NFL offices, the building owner has decided to add this layer of security for all the businesses in the building probably with an increased monthly fee.

    It's an eye opener that this needed to be done but the world has become more dangerous than ever. Road rage is out of control. A-holes on airplanes are causing planes to be rerouted because of their aggressive behavior. Customers are harassing fast food employees because they put mustard on their burger. People are shooting up restaurants, schools & churches. Safety is no longer a given.

    WTF is happening?

    Reply

    My wife just got back from Merrill Lynch & access to the building has higher security.

    There is now a security guard desk in the lobby where you have to sign in, note the company you are visiting & the name of the person you're visiting. Previously, you walked into the building & in the elevator. I realize this is normal in many cities but not so much here.

    Apparently because of the incident in NYC where a shooter was trying to access the NFL offices, the building owner has decided to add this layer of security for all the businesses in the building probably with an increased monthly fee.

    It's an eye opener that this needed to be done but the world has become more dangerous than ever. Road rage is out of control. A-holes on airplanes are causing planes to be rerouted because of their aggressive behavior. Customers are harassing fast food employees because they put mustard on their burger. People are shooting up restaurants, schools & churches. Safety is no longer a given.

    WTF is happening?

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Aug. 27, 2025 - 9:12 PM ET #434

    @fubah2

     Thanks for sharing these.

    In the very 1st song Amarillo, the guy only has the clothes he's wearing, broke his leg in Santa Fe, lost his wife & girlfriend. This fucker has some bad luck. Amarillo on my mind, doesn't sound real imaginative to me. 

    2nd one, the brother has solid chops but his sister doesn't cut it for me.

    I liked the 3rd one & Keith Urban is a lucky man to have Nicole Kidman. He's certainly not singing the blues.

    I've heard the 4th & like it. #5 & Dan Seals reminded me why I don't like country music. #7 Alabama I consider close to southern rock.  

    I enjoyed checking out the music.

    thumbs_up

     

     

    Reply

    @fubah2

     Thanks for sharing these.

    In the very 1st song Amarillo, the guy only has the clothes he's wearing, broke his leg in Santa Fe, lost his wife & girlfriend. This fucker has some bad luck. Amarillo on my mind, doesn't sound real imaginative to me. 

    2nd one, the brother has solid chops but his sister doesn't cut it for me.

    I liked the 3rd one & Keith Urban is a lucky man to have Nicole Kidman. He's certainly not singing the blues.

    I've heard the 4th & like it. #5 & Dan Seals reminded me why I don't like country music. #7 Alabama I consider close to southern rock.  

    I enjoyed checking out the music.

    thumbs_up

     

     

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 28, 2025 - 2:16 AM ET #435

    Country Western rather than Country but I can't help it.

    Love this song but the protagonist is such a simp. Gets away but comes back for a bar floozy that didn't even know he existed.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Country Western rather than Country but I can't help it.

    Love this song but the protagonist is such a simp. Gets away but comes back for a bar floozy that didn't even know he existed.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 28, 2025 - 2:24 AM ET #436

    I need to throw Glen in the mix.

    Wichita Lineman always had that easy listening ice tea on a wrap around porch vibe. Easy listening yacht rock vibes.

    Most people are more familiar with the Highwaymen version of Highwayman but Glen shits on all four of those dudes. Jack Webb, an absolute master, wrote both of these songs.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    I need to throw Glen in the mix.

    Wichita Lineman always had that easy listening ice tea on a wrap around porch vibe. Easy listening yacht rock vibes.

    Most people are more familiar with the Highwaymen version of Highwayman but Glen shits on all four of those dudes. Jack Webb, an absolute master, wrote both of these songs.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Aug. 28, 2025 - 2:44 PM ET #437

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Country Western rather than Country but I can't help it. Love this song but the protagonist is such a simp. Gets away but comes back for a bar floozy that didn't even know he existed.

    I think the first time I heard this song, it was on the Ed Sullivan show or some other variety show.

    Sorry to say, I never cared for Glen Campbell. He was too much of a white bread hayseed for my taste.

     

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Country Western rather than Country but I can't help it. Love this song but the protagonist is such a simp. Gets away but comes back for a bar floozy that didn't even know he existed.

    I think the first time I heard this song, it was on the Ed Sullivan show or some other variety show.

    Sorry to say, I never cared for Glen Campbell. He was too much of a white bread hayseed for my taste.

     

     

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2025 - 1:18 AM ET #438

    This was just one of the funniest moments on my favorite show of all time 

     

     

    Reply

    This was just one of the funniest moments on my favorite show of all time 

     

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2025 - 6:03 PM ET #439

    Paulie is a gem. Love Christopher's comment as well.

    Reply

    Paulie is a gem. Love Christopher's comment as well.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2025 - 8:06 PM ET #440

    Donald McPherson, one of the last surviving combat aces from World War II, took down five Japanese aircraft and helped save a destroyer during the Battle of Okinawa. He has died at 103.

    The Greatest Generation

    And then we came along

     

    Reply

    Donald McPherson, one of the last surviving combat aces from World War II, took down five Japanese aircraft and helped save a destroyer during the Battle of Okinawa. He has died at 103.

    The Greatest Generation

    And then we came along

     

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2025 - 1:25 AM ET #441

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Donald McPherson, one of the last surviving combat aces from World War II, took down five Japanese aircraft and helped save a destroyer during the Battle of Okinawa. He has died at 103. The Greatest Generation And then we came along

    Aren't you a boomer? There's another generation between you guys.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Donald McPherson, one of the last surviving combat aces from World War II, took down five Japanese aircraft and helped save a destroyer during the Battle of Okinawa. He has died at 103. The Greatest Generation And then we came along

    Aren't you a boomer? There's another generation between you guys.

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2025 - 3:14 AM ET #442

    I was just thinking back about an event that happened on the 2nd of August three years ago in 2022. On that date we lost the INCOMPARABLE Mr. Vin Scully. The Dodgers won the World Series the year I was born (1965) and at the age of ten when first being introduced to baseball through a Hot Stove Little League team in Alliance, Ohio I learned that they accomplished that feat and they became my favorite team. Ironically, they also won the World Series in 1988 the year my one and only son was born. Moving to Las Vegas Nevada in 1999 allowed me to watch the Dodgers every night as they were part of the Cox Cable package of channels you could get here at the time. 

     

    Those twenty-three years have long since passed from first moving to Las Vegas, Nevada to today. The memories of the summer days giving way to the sunsets, getting home from work and grabbing beers from the fridge as I made my way to the patio outside, I'd turn on the television luckily just in time to hear those "five magical words" from the voice of summer telling us "It's Time for Dodger Baseball"  

    If you have ever had the chance to live here on the west coast, and enjoy sports you know what Mr. Scully meant to that city, and even the baseball fans around the United States that were lucky enough to catch the Dodgers after the start of the MLB network when they would be on late night in the eastern part of the US. Orel Hershiser and Joe Davis do the best they can, they just have such big shoes to fill. 

    Thanks for reading.

    Reply

    I was just thinking back about an event that happened on the 2nd of August three years ago in 2022. On that date we lost the INCOMPARABLE Mr. Vin Scully. The Dodgers won the World Series the year I was born (1965) and at the age of ten when first being introduced to baseball through a Hot Stove Little League team in Alliance, Ohio I learned that they accomplished that feat and they became my favorite team. Ironically, they also won the World Series in 1988 the year my one and only son was born. Moving to Las Vegas Nevada in 1999 allowed me to watch the Dodgers every night as they were part of the Cox Cable package of channels you could get here at the time. 

     

    Those twenty-three years have long since passed from first moving to Las Vegas, Nevada to today. The memories of the summer days giving way to the sunsets, getting home from work and grabbing beers from the fridge as I made my way to the patio outside, I'd turn on the television luckily just in time to hear those "five magical words" from the voice of summer telling us "It's Time for Dodger Baseball"  

    If you have ever had the chance to live here on the west coast, and enjoy sports you know what Mr. Scully meant to that city, and even the baseball fans around the United States that were lucky enough to catch the Dodgers after the start of the MLB network when they would be on late night in the eastern part of the US. Orel Hershiser and Joe Davis do the best they can, they just have such big shoes to fill. 

    Thanks for reading.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2025 - 5:18 PM ET #443

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: Donald McPherson, one of the last surviving combat aces from World War II, took down five Japanese aircraft and helped save a destroyer during the Battle of Okinawa. He has died at 103. The Greatest Generation And then we came along Aren't you a boomer? There's another generation between you guys.

    Yes Stu, I'm a boomer & so are my 2 sisters. My older brother is in the Silent Generation.

    The Silent Generation did little if anything to help society & I totally forgot about them. Us Boomers thought we knew everything about everything.  

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: Donald McPherson, one of the last surviving combat aces from World War II, took down five Japanese aircraft and helped save a destroyer during the Battle of Okinawa. He has died at 103. The Greatest Generation And then we came along Aren't you a boomer? There's another generation between you guys.

    Yes Stu, I'm a boomer & so are my 2 sisters. My older brother is in the Silent Generation.

    The Silent Generation did little if anything to help society & I totally forgot about them. Us Boomers thought we knew everything about everything.  

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2025 - 10:14 PM ET #444

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: Donald McPherson, one of the last surviving combat aces from World War II, took down five Japanese aircraft and helped save a destroyer during the Battle of Okinawa. He has died at 103. The Greatest Generation And then we came along Aren't you a boomer? There's another generation between you guys. Yes Stu, I'm a boomer & so are my 2 sisters. My older brother is in the Silent Generation. The Silent Generation did little if anything to help society & I totally forgot about them. Us Boomers thought we knew everything about everything.

    The Silent Generation did lots! They they don't get the credit they deserve.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: Donald McPherson, one of the last surviving combat aces from World War II, took down five Japanese aircraft and helped save a destroyer during the Battle of Okinawa. He has died at 103. The Greatest Generation And then we came along Aren't you a boomer? There's another generation between you guys. Yes Stu, I'm a boomer & so are my 2 sisters. My older brother is in the Silent Generation. The Silent Generation did little if anything to help society & I totally forgot about them. Us Boomers thought we knew everything about everything.

    The Silent Generation did lots! They they don't get the credit they deserve.

     
    BogtheHog
    BogtheHog
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2021
    Posts: 55
    Posted: Aug. 31, 2025 - 3:46 PM ET #445

    Listen to this as you place your bets, it helps: The Alpha//The Omega//The Final Synthwave Playlist

    Reply

    Listen to this as you place your bets, it helps: The Alpha//The Omega//The Final Synthwave Playlist

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Aug. 31, 2025 - 4:37 PM ET #446

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: Donald McPherson, one of the last surviving combat aces from World War II, took down five Japanese aircraft and helped save a destroyer during the Battle of Okinawa. He has died at 103. The Greatest Generation And then we came along Aren't you a boomer? There's another generation between you guys. Yes Stu, I'm a boomer & so are my 2 sisters. My older brother is in the Silent Generation. The Silent Generation did little if anything to help society & I totally forgot about them. Us Boomers thought we knew everything about everything. The Silent Generation did lots! They they don't get the credit they deserve.

    They knew how to save money & fix shit instead of replacing it. I would also add they were more "community" involved than future generations have become. They said "please" & "thank you" & rarely bitched about their problems where now hear nothing but people bitching about every little thing that goes wrong in their lives. They respected their elders, showed up to work on time & attended church regularly. They trusted the church which turned out to be a big fucking mistake. Family meals were attended by everyone at the same time every day. Many that were poor didn't know it because parents provided everything they needed. Their actions spoke louder that there words. A person's word was their bond.

    Good solid generation but nothing spectacular IMO. My older brother who became deaf via meningitis when he was 4, but exposed to the speaking word when he was 8 displayed all of the above qualities was a member of this generation. His frugalness was interpreted as him being cheap & to this day I still believe we was indeed cheap. However, he has saved enough money to leave my numbskull of a nephew which this generation assumed as their responsibility.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: Donald McPherson, one of the last surviving combat aces from World War II, took down five Japanese aircraft and helped save a destroyer during the Battle of Okinawa. He has died at 103. The Greatest Generation And then we came along Aren't you a boomer? There's another generation between you guys. Yes Stu, I'm a boomer & so are my 2 sisters. My older brother is in the Silent Generation. The Silent Generation did little if anything to help society & I totally forgot about them. Us Boomers thought we knew everything about everything. The Silent Generation did lots! They they don't get the credit they deserve.

    They knew how to save money & fix shit instead of replacing it. I would also add they were more "community" involved than future generations have become. They said "please" & "thank you" & rarely bitched about their problems where now hear nothing but people bitching about every little thing that goes wrong in their lives. They respected their elders, showed up to work on time & attended church regularly. They trusted the church which turned out to be a big fucking mistake. Family meals were attended by everyone at the same time every day. Many that were poor didn't know it because parents provided everything they needed. Their actions spoke louder that there words. A person's word was their bond.

    Good solid generation but nothing spectacular IMO. My older brother who became deaf via meningitis when he was 4, but exposed to the speaking word when he was 8 displayed all of the above qualities was a member of this generation. His frugalness was interpreted as him being cheap & to this day I still believe we was indeed cheap. However, he has saved enough money to leave my numbskull of a nephew which this generation assumed as their responsibility.

     

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 31, 2025 - 7:20 PM ET #447

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: Donald McPherson, one of the last surviving combat aces from World War II, took down five Japanese aircraft and helped save a destroyer during the Battle of Okinawa. He has died at 103. The Greatest Generation And then we came along Aren't you a boomer? There's another generation between you guys. Yes Stu, I'm a boomer & so are my 2 sisters. My older brother is in the Silent Generation. The Silent Generation did little if anything to help society & I totally forgot about them. Us Boomers thought we knew everything about everything. The Silent Generation did lots! They they don't get the credit they deserve. They knew how to save money & fix shit instead of replacing it. I would also add they were more "community" involved than future generations have become. They said "please" & "thank you" & rarely bitched about their problems where now hear nothing but people bitching about every little thing that goes wrong in their lives. They respected their elders, showed up to work on time & attended church regularly. They trusted the church which turned out to be a big fucking mistake. Family meals were attended by everyone at the same time every day. Many that were poor didn't know it because parents provided everything they needed. Their actions spoke louder that there words. A person's word was their bond. Good solid generation but nothing spectacular IMO. My older brother who became deaf via meningitis when he was 4, but exposed to the speaking word when he was 8 displayed all of the above qualities was a member of this generation. His frugalness was interpreted as him being cheap & to this day I still believe we was indeed cheap. However, he has saved enough money to leave my numbskull of a nephew which this generation assumed as their responsibility.

    I think you nailed it. I see you as one of tbose fringe types. A boomer with a little silent gen spirit in you. Must like there were silent gens with a little of that greatest gen in them. The early part of the generation. Guys who were in Korea.

    I, myself, an early Millennial, like to think I have the sprit of Gen X in me. All my siblings are Gen X.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: Donald McPherson, one of the last surviving combat aces from World War II, took down five Japanese aircraft and helped save a destroyer during the Battle of Okinawa. He has died at 103. The Greatest Generation And then we came along Aren't you a boomer? There's another generation between you guys. Yes Stu, I'm a boomer & so are my 2 sisters. My older brother is in the Silent Generation. The Silent Generation did little if anything to help society & I totally forgot about them. Us Boomers thought we knew everything about everything. The Silent Generation did lots! They they don't get the credit they deserve. They knew how to save money & fix shit instead of replacing it. I would also add they were more "community" involved than future generations have become. They said "please" & "thank you" & rarely bitched about their problems where now hear nothing but people bitching about every little thing that goes wrong in their lives. They respected their elders, showed up to work on time & attended church regularly. They trusted the church which turned out to be a big fucking mistake. Family meals were attended by everyone at the same time every day. Many that were poor didn't know it because parents provided everything they needed. Their actions spoke louder that there words. A person's word was their bond. Good solid generation but nothing spectacular IMO. My older brother who became deaf via meningitis when he was 4, but exposed to the speaking word when he was 8 displayed all of the above qualities was a member of this generation. His frugalness was interpreted as him being cheap & to this day I still believe we was indeed cheap. However, he has saved enough money to leave my numbskull of a nephew which this generation assumed as their responsibility.

    I think you nailed it. I see you as one of tbose fringe types. A boomer with a little silent gen spirit in you. Must like there were silent gens with a little of that greatest gen in them. The early part of the generation. Guys who were in Korea.

    I, myself, an early Millennial, like to think I have the sprit of Gen X in me. All my siblings are Gen X.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Sep. 2, 2025 - 9:21 PM ET #448

    On my delivery route yesterday one of my customers told me about his visit to the doctors.

    He said the doctor asked "How are your bowl movements.

    He replied "I crap every morning at 5 AM."

    The doctor said "That's good."

    He interrupted the doctor saying "Not really. I don't get out of bed until 7."

    He's promised to tell me a new joke each time I visit him. He's a former charter fishing captain so he's probably got salty stories.

     

    Reply

    On my delivery route yesterday one of my customers told me about his visit to the doctors.

    He said the doctor asked "How are your bowl movements.

    He replied "I crap every morning at 5 AM."

    The doctor said "That's good."

    He interrupted the doctor saying "Not really. I don't get out of bed until 7."

    He's promised to tell me a new joke each time I visit him. He's a former charter fishing captain so he's probably got salty stories.

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2025 - 8:27 PM ET #449

    Watching Mountain Men on the History Channel & there's 2 guys hunting for moose.

    The narrator stated that moose can hear from miles away & you have to be like super quiet.

    I said to wife "Nah, miles away??"

    Sure enough. They can hear from about 2 miles away.

    I don't know how a hunter gets to bag one of these without being heard.

    Learn something new every day. 

    Reply

    Watching Mountain Men on the History Channel & there's 2 guys hunting for moose.

    The narrator stated that moose can hear from miles away & you have to be like super quiet.

    I said to wife "Nah, miles away??"

    Sure enough. They can hear from about 2 miles away.

    I don't know how a hunter gets to bag one of these without being heard.

    Learn something new every day. 

     
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2025 - 11:44 PM ET #450

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Watching Mountain Men on the History Channel & there's 2 guys hunting for moose. The narrator stated that moose can hear from miles away & you have to be like super quiet. I said to wife "Nah, miles away??" Sure enough. They can hear from about 2 miles away. I don't know how a hunter gets to bag one of these without being heard. Learn something new every day.

    There's all kinds of sounds in the woods and moose are to big to be easily startled like deer. If a moose detecte a human, it'll probably be our smell that gives us away more than our sound.  Plus they don't see very well.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Watching Mountain Men on the History Channel & there's 2 guys hunting for moose. The narrator stated that moose can hear from miles away & you have to be like super quiet. I said to wife "Nah, miles away??" Sure enough. They can hear from about 2 miles away. I don't know how a hunter gets to bag one of these without being heard. Learn something new every day.

    There's all kinds of sounds in the woods and moose are to big to be easily startled like deer. If a moose detecte a human, it'll probably be our smell that gives us away more than our sound.  Plus they don't see very well.

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 181920 ... 212223 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,849
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 441
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,592
    • MLB Playoffs 16,782
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,143
    • PART DEUX 127
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,392
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,231
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.