• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Thoughts on Moving in With my Girlfriend...

    123 Next Last»
    ad1260
    EuroPro
    searchwarrant
    Skipbone
    bandit1010
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3312
    Posts: 64
    123 Next Last»
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8159
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 12:55 AM ET #1

    I'm 26. She's 22. We both have bachelor's degrees and I currently have a "legitimate job" she is looking for said job as she just recently graduated from college. Combined we have maybe 30k in debt but have over 30k saved up in disposable cash. 

    Thoughts on us moving in together? My job is very relocatable and transferable. I'm kind of leaving up the relocation up to her as I am not worried at all about it simply because I can get a job with my same company no matter where she chooses. 

    She is currently looking in the Raleigh or Charlotte areas. She has a degree in Marketing.

    I'm just curious as to everyones opinions/thoughts/experiences with this. We have been together about a year. 

    She is a GREAT girl with an awesome family that supports us both. My family is also GREAT and supports us as well.

    Thanks fellas---I'm not too worried about it because I'm gonna probably make the move regardless of feedback here. But just wanna hear some thoughts and opinions.

    Thanks in advance and BOL betting this week. 

    PS--She knows I sports bet and play poker regularly and supports it all as long as I am responsible with it….(which I am).

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I'm 26. She's 22. We both have bachelor's degrees and I currently have a "legitimate job" she is looking for said job as she just recently graduated from college. Combined we have maybe 30k in debt but have over 30k saved up in disposable cash. 

    Thoughts on us moving in together? My job is very relocatable and transferable. I'm kind of leaving up the relocation up to her as I am not worried at all about it simply because I can get a job with my same company no matter where she chooses. 

    She is currently looking in the Raleigh or Charlotte areas. She has a degree in Marketing.

    I'm just curious as to everyones opinions/thoughts/experiences with this. We have been together about a year. 

    She is a GREAT girl with an awesome family that supports us both. My family is also GREAT and supports us as well.

    Thanks fellas---I'm not too worried about it because I'm gonna probably make the move regardless of feedback here. But just wanna hear some thoughts and opinions.

    Thanks in advance and BOL betting this week. 

    PS--She knows I sports bet and play poker regularly and supports it all as long as I am responsible with it….(which I am).

     
    EuroPro
    EuroPro
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2014
    Posts: 5110
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 1:04 AM ET #2

    youre responsible till you lose 
    Reply
    youre responsible till you lose 
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 1:21 AM ET #3

    I just remember that Moonshine line from Inglorious person.

    Good luck ad.

     

    Reply

    I just remember that Moonshine line from Inglorious person.

    Good luck ad.

     

     
    Skipbone
    Skipbone
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 6368
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 5:33 AM ET #4

    How much of the debt/savings is hers?
    And what do you mean by "support"?
    And....photos?
    Reply
    How much of the debt/savings is hers?
    And what do you mean by "support"?
    And....photos?
     
    bandit1010
    bandit1010
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2003
    Posts: 6736
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 9:57 AM ET #5

    You are going to do it anyway, no matter what anyone says, so...why even ask?  Your mind is made up.  Just remember, you heard it here first.  You are too young.  Wait a few more years.  You won't regret it.  Women CHANGE after you move in with them.  They think they own you and let themselves go a little.  They don't put out as often, because they already have you.  I have had women admit this much to me.  Guys?
    Reply
    You are going to do it anyway, no matter what anyone says, so...why even ask?  Your mind is made up.  Just remember, you heard it here first.  You are too young.  Wait a few more years.  You won't regret it.  Women CHANGE after you move in with them.  They think they own you and let themselves go a little.  They don't put out as often, because they already have you.  I have had women admit this much to me.  Guys?
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8159
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 10:35 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Skipbone:

    How much of the debt/savings is hers?
    And what do you mean by "support"?
    And....photos?

    She literally has zero debt as she was a student athlete with scholarships. My debt is strictly student loans…no other debt. But yes, she is fully aware of the debt I do have.

    The savings is roughly split down the middle. She saved every dollar from holidays, birthdays, summer jobs, etc.

    Support as in they would support the idea as long as each person is happy. Also, if worst case scenario went down and one of us needed a place to crash or whatever/stay/get back on our feet then they'd support that. (That's obviously if the worst possible scenario went down).

    Photos?---


    @EuroPro----you are so wise. I am a small time bettor, sir. Very small time. I only made that comment to illustrate that I am not hiding that part of my life from her. 

    @bandit1010---thanks for the input. But maybe I am just looking for some positive vibes/thoughts to help enforce my decision. You are right, I'm probably going to do it anyway but like to hear others thoughts and views on it. Maybe someone has a similar situation they had with this and could share their experience. Will she change? Maybe. Will it be for good or bad? I don't know. Also, you say I am too young. I am 26 going on 27…which obviously is fairly young but I mean if not now, when? I'm not talking about an engagement or anything of the sorts. Simply signing a 1 year lease on an apartment. 

    Also, we are talking about this because we both currently live in the Greensboro/Winston-Salem area of North Carolina and she is looking for jobs in the Raleigh or Charlotte area. We would both prefer to live in one of those 2 cities as opposed to the smaller area with little to do in which we live now. I don't mind relocating at all as I view it as an adventure. Not to mention Charlotte is only about an hour from here and Raleigh roughly 2 hours.

    I'm really not interested in getting involved in a long distance relationship. Not to mention moving in together and splitting rent, utilities, food, etc. seems to be much more financially savvy than each of us having separate apartments and paying literally twice as much.

    Thanks again for your input fellas---it's greatly appreciated! 

    Like I said, any thoughts, insight, past experiences with something like this are more than welcome. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipbone:

    How much of the debt/savings is hers?
    And what do you mean by "support"?
    And....photos?

    She literally has zero debt as she was a student athlete with scholarships. My debt is strictly student loans…no other debt. But yes, she is fully aware of the debt I do have.

    The savings is roughly split down the middle. She saved every dollar from holidays, birthdays, summer jobs, etc.

    Support as in they would support the idea as long as each person is happy. Also, if worst case scenario went down and one of us needed a place to crash or whatever/stay/get back on our feet then they'd support that. (That's obviously if the worst possible scenario went down).

    Photos?---


    @EuroPro----you are so wise. I am a small time bettor, sir. Very small time. I only made that comment to illustrate that I am not hiding that part of my life from her. 

    @bandit1010---thanks for the input. But maybe I am just looking for some positive vibes/thoughts to help enforce my decision. You are right, I'm probably going to do it anyway but like to hear others thoughts and views on it. Maybe someone has a similar situation they had with this and could share their experience. Will she change? Maybe. Will it be for good or bad? I don't know. Also, you say I am too young. I am 26 going on 27…which obviously is fairly young but I mean if not now, when? I'm not talking about an engagement or anything of the sorts. Simply signing a 1 year lease on an apartment. 

    Also, we are talking about this because we both currently live in the Greensboro/Winston-Salem area of North Carolina and she is looking for jobs in the Raleigh or Charlotte area. We would both prefer to live in one of those 2 cities as opposed to the smaller area with little to do in which we live now. I don't mind relocating at all as I view it as an adventure. Not to mention Charlotte is only about an hour from here and Raleigh roughly 2 hours.

    I'm really not interested in getting involved in a long distance relationship. Not to mention moving in together and splitting rent, utilities, food, etc. seems to be much more financially savvy than each of us having separate apartments and paying literally twice as much.

    Thanks again for your input fellas---it's greatly appreciated! 

    Like I said, any thoughts, insight, past experiences with something like this are more than welcome. 


     
    SALTY
    SALTY
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 4800
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 10:36 AM ET #7

    "As long as I am responsible with it"

    She will soon be unveiling the alien beneath as time goes on.
    Good luck to my friend.
    Reply
    "As long as I am responsible with it"

    She will soon be unveiling the alien beneath as time goes on.
    Good luck to my friend.
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8159
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 10:47 AM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by SALTY:

    "As long as I am responsible with it"

    She will soon be unveiling the alien beneath as time goes on.
    Good luck to my friend.

    Thanks for the input Salty.

    Lol I don't think there is much of an "alien" in it so to speak. I sports bet very recreationally and do it to try to make a few bucks and it gives me something fun/interesting to follow/study. I am a huge football fan so my sports betting lightens up considerably the rest of the year. I dabble in baseball but it's difficult to stay focused for that long of a season but I generally do ok in baseball. Again, I sports bet as a hobby NOT as a supplemental income. And the amount I wager is really a minimal amount---in the sports betting world I am the definition of a minnow in the ocean. As for poker, I play seriously a few times a year. Generally those are "poker business trips" out in Vegas as I like to call them where I usually go to Vegas alone to literally play poker for 3 straight days. No partying, strip clubs, shows, anything like that. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SALTY:

    "As long as I am responsible with it"

    She will soon be unveiling the alien beneath as time goes on.
    Good luck to my friend.

    Thanks for the input Salty.

    Lol I don't think there is much of an "alien" in it so to speak. I sports bet very recreationally and do it to try to make a few bucks and it gives me something fun/interesting to follow/study. I am a huge football fan so my sports betting lightens up considerably the rest of the year. I dabble in baseball but it's difficult to stay focused for that long of a season but I generally do ok in baseball. Again, I sports bet as a hobby NOT as a supplemental income. And the amount I wager is really a minimal amount---in the sports betting world I am the definition of a minnow in the ocean. As for poker, I play seriously a few times a year. Generally those are "poker business trips" out in Vegas as I like to call them where I usually go to Vegas alone to literally play poker for 3 straight days. No partying, strip clubs, shows, anything like that. 
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 11:02 AM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by SALTY:

    "As long as I am responsible with it"

    She will soon be unveiling the alien beneath as time goes on.
    Good luck to my friend.

    Yup nailed it right on the head with this statement.. That is why I am single at 39 ... And she is only 22???? Yikes.. 

    She will be riding another stiff boner in no time. Good luck tho...

    Salty one day everyone will learn....But hey what do i know????
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SALTY:

    "As long as I am responsible with it"

    She will soon be unveiling the alien beneath as time goes on.
    Good luck to my friend.

    Yup nailed it right on the head with this statement.. That is why I am single at 39 ... And she is only 22???? Yikes.. 

    She will be riding another stiff boner in no time. Good luck tho...

    Salty one day everyone will learn....But hey what do i know????
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8159
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 11:20 AM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by Knoxpoker:


    Yup nailed it right on the head with this statement.. That is why I am single at 39 ... And she is only 22???? Yikes.. 

    She will be riding another stiff boner in no time. Good luck tho...

    Salty one day everyone will learn....But hey what do i know????


    That is awesome. 

    Knox, yep 22 going on 23. Why are you single at 39? I'm not sure but it could be that your general perspective toward people isn't the greatest. Not to mention with an attitude like that, your life might be lacking a tad bit of positivity. My basis being the comment you made. But hey, what do I know?

    Nonetheless, thanks for your input. BOL to you as well. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Knoxpoker:


    Yup nailed it right on the head with this statement.. That is why I am single at 39 ... And she is only 22???? Yikes.. 

    She will be riding another stiff boner in no time. Good luck tho...

    Salty one day everyone will learn....But hey what do i know????


    That is awesome. 

    Knox, yep 22 going on 23. Why are you single at 39? I'm not sure but it could be that your general perspective toward people isn't the greatest. Not to mention with an attitude like that, your life might be lacking a tad bit of positivity. My basis being the comment you made. But hey, what do I know?

    Nonetheless, thanks for your input. BOL to you as well. 
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 11:23 AM ET #11

    I think living together should be mandatory before marriage.

    You are doing the right thing.

    Thank god I didn't marry the first girl I lived with - I learned everything I needed to know that I wouldn't have otherwise.

    GL on your future.  Oh, to be young again and have a student athlete GF.  Enjoy it while you can.

    Youth is always wasted on the young.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    I think living together should be mandatory before marriage.

    You are doing the right thing.

    Thank god I didn't marry the first girl I lived with - I learned everything I needed to know that I wouldn't have otherwise.

    GL on your future.  Oh, to be young again and have a student athlete GF.  Enjoy it while you can.

    Youth is always wasted on the young.

     
    Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 2413
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 11:27 AM ET #12

    Sounds like deep down you are skeptical and looking for reassurance. It may work out but I lean on the too young side.

    It could be a good life lesson for you (Learning the hard way) but her being 22 is too young to co habitate.

    They definitely change once you move in together.

    First time I moved in with a gf I was 25 and wish I never did but it was under extremely different circumstances from yours.

    My advice stay single or at least keep it casual and wait until at least the mid 30's until you get into a serious relationship. If I could do it all over again thats what I would do.

    Above all don't knock her up...


    Reply
    Sounds like deep down you are skeptical and looking for reassurance. It may work out but I lean on the too young side.

    It could be a good life lesson for you (Learning the hard way) but her being 22 is too young to co habitate.

    They definitely change once you move in together.

    First time I moved in with a gf I was 25 and wish I never did but it was under extremely different circumstances from yours.

    My advice stay single or at least keep it casual and wait until at least the mid 30's until you get into a serious relationship. If I could do it all over again thats what I would do.

    Above all don't knock her up...


     
    Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 2413
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 11:28 AM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Youth is always wasted on the young.



    Truer words never spoken
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Youth is always wasted on the young.



    Truer words never spoken
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8159
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 11:50 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    I think living together should be mandatory before marriage.

    You are doing the right thing.

    Thank god I didn't marry the first girl I lived with - I learned everything I needed to know that I wouldn't have otherwise.

    GL on your future.  Oh, to be young again and have a student athlete GF.  Enjoy it while you can.

    Youth is always wasted on the young.


    Van, thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. I completely agree, living together is definitely mandatory before marriage at least in my world 


    Yeah, I honestly believe it is the right thing. If not now, when? Like I said in the original post…she is a great girl that comes from a great background and really has her head on straight. Her dad was a colonel in the Army and taught at West Point so she basically grew up on West Point. She doesn't party and isn't into drinking or anything like that and has never used any sort of drug. We share many common interests but still have our own things that we are interested in. She's an avid golfer (that's what she played in college) and I love to golf as well. So that is something that we can both do that is fun and recreational as opposed to just sitting around.

    But thanks again for the feedback and the honesty. BOL to you as well. 

    You are right, it may not work out but who knows until you try. 


    Oh and on a lighter note, who are you liking this week in the LVH contest???  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    I think living together should be mandatory before marriage.

    You are doing the right thing.

    Thank god I didn't marry the first girl I lived with - I learned everything I needed to know that I wouldn't have otherwise.

    GL on your future.  Oh, to be young again and have a student athlete GF.  Enjoy it while you can.

    Youth is always wasted on the young.


    Van, thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. I completely agree, living together is definitely mandatory before marriage at least in my world 


    Yeah, I honestly believe it is the right thing. If not now, when? Like I said in the original post…she is a great girl that comes from a great background and really has her head on straight. Her dad was a colonel in the Army and taught at West Point so she basically grew up on West Point. She doesn't party and isn't into drinking or anything like that and has never used any sort of drug. We share many common interests but still have our own things that we are interested in. She's an avid golfer (that's what she played in college) and I love to golf as well. So that is something that we can both do that is fun and recreational as opposed to just sitting around.

    But thanks again for the feedback and the honesty. BOL to you as well. 

    You are right, it may not work out but who knows until you try. 


    Oh and on a lighter note, who are you liking this week in the LVH contest???  
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8159
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 12:02 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Nut_Flopper:

    Sounds like deep down you are skeptical and looking for reassurance. It may work out but I lean on the too young side.

    It could be a good life lesson for you (Learning the hard way) but her being 22 is too young to co habitate.

    They definitely change once you move in together.

    First time I moved in with a gf I was 25 and wish I never did but it was under extremely different circumstances from yours.

    My advice stay single or at least keep it casual and wait until at least the mid 30's until you get into a serious relationship. If I could do it all over again thats what I would do.

    Above all don't knock her up...



    Nut_Flopper----hey man thanks for your input! How have things been lately? 

    Yeah, in post 6 I mentioned that I might be looking for some reassurance. But I don't necessarily think that is a negative thing. I am a person that thrives off of positivity so maybe a little positive reinforcement is what I am looking for? I'm not sure. But I really don't believe that I have any skepticism because I know that she is a great person (see my above post). 

    She is relatively young but has a bit of an old soul which I like. Not to mention I have a bit of an old soul myself, or so I'm told.  She is also very introverted and not into materialistic things at all. She doesn't want 300 dollar bags, shoes, etc. And has zero interest in things of that nature. 

    Again, we are not talking about engagement or marriage or anything like that. That is wayyyyyyyy down the road if it were to happen. We view it as a bit of a adventure/learning experience. I could be the best decision I ever make or turn out to be a total bust, but hell, I'll never know until I try. Also, the financial aspect of it is very appealing to us both. Splitting everything in terms of rent, bills, food, is much more financially savvy than just living a mile away from one another and paying twice as much. Again, it'd be for like a year so not that huge of a deal but I think it would be an excellent learning experience and definitely we would learn a lot about our relationship in that time. 

    AND GOD NO-----THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THAT I WOULD EVER MAKE THE MISTAKE OF KNOCKING HER UP. That would literally be the worst thing that could ever happen to me/us at this point  Just sayin'.

    But I appreciate the honest feedback, buddy. Like I said, hope all is well out in Cali! Hope you pick some winners this weekend. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Nut_Flopper:

    Sounds like deep down you are skeptical and looking for reassurance. It may work out but I lean on the too young side.

    It could be a good life lesson for you (Learning the hard way) but her being 22 is too young to co habitate.

    They definitely change once you move in together.

    First time I moved in with a gf I was 25 and wish I never did but it was under extremely different circumstances from yours.

    My advice stay single or at least keep it casual and wait until at least the mid 30's until you get into a serious relationship. If I could do it all over again thats what I would do.

    Above all don't knock her up...



    Nut_Flopper----hey man thanks for your input! How have things been lately? 

    Yeah, in post 6 I mentioned that I might be looking for some reassurance. But I don't necessarily think that is a negative thing. I am a person that thrives off of positivity so maybe a little positive reinforcement is what I am looking for? I'm not sure. But I really don't believe that I have any skepticism because I know that she is a great person (see my above post). 

    She is relatively young but has a bit of an old soul which I like. Not to mention I have a bit of an old soul myself, or so I'm told.  She is also very introverted and not into materialistic things at all. She doesn't want 300 dollar bags, shoes, etc. And has zero interest in things of that nature. 

    Again, we are not talking about engagement or marriage or anything like that. That is wayyyyyyyy down the road if it were to happen. We view it as a bit of a adventure/learning experience. I could be the best decision I ever make or turn out to be a total bust, but hell, I'll never know until I try. Also, the financial aspect of it is very appealing to us both. Splitting everything in terms of rent, bills, food, is much more financially savvy than just living a mile away from one another and paying twice as much. Again, it'd be for like a year so not that huge of a deal but I think it would be an excellent learning experience and definitely we would learn a lot about our relationship in that time. 

    AND GOD NO-----THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THAT I WOULD EVER MAKE THE MISTAKE OF KNOCKING HER UP. That would literally be the worst thing that could ever happen to me/us at this point  Just sayin'.

    But I appreciate the honest feedback, buddy. Like I said, hope all is well out in Cali! Hope you pick some winners this weekend. 
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 12:50 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:



    That is awesome. 

    Knox, yep 22 going on 23. Why are you single at 39? I'm not sure but it could be that your general perspective toward people isn't the greatest. Not to mention with an attitude like that, your life might be lacking a tad bit of positivity. My basis being the comment you made. But hey, what do I know?

    Nonetheless, thanks for your input. BOL to you as well. 

     I am going to say this ..AD1260 you are a smart man.. I was never a positive person.. grew up in NYC and saw way to much negative stuff happen.. I am one of those people that even when I am happy , I am not... lol  My mother is the same way , so I dont fight it, I just roll with it...I like being single , just my preference I guess.. I always look for adventure..I am easily bored...

    Hey I was going to move to NC also in march, but it looks as if I might be staying in TN for awhile.. I heard it is nice in Raleigh area..

    It is just the age that gets me , it is so young , i thought i knew everything at that age, but there is so much more to learn .. But hey give it a shot. One thing you can not do, is try to hold on if you see it starts to go south.. It is best to just let it go and start fresh. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:



    That is awesome. 

    Knox, yep 22 going on 23. Why are you single at 39? I'm not sure but it could be that your general perspective toward people isn't the greatest. Not to mention with an attitude like that, your life might be lacking a tad bit of positivity. My basis being the comment you made. But hey, what do I know?

    Nonetheless, thanks for your input. BOL to you as well. 

     I am going to say this ..AD1260 you are a smart man.. I was never a positive person.. grew up in NYC and saw way to much negative stuff happen.. I am one of those people that even when I am happy , I am not... lol  My mother is the same way , so I dont fight it, I just roll with it...I like being single , just my preference I guess.. I always look for adventure..I am easily bored...

    Hey I was going to move to NC also in march, but it looks as if I might be staying in TN for awhile.. I heard it is nice in Raleigh area..

    It is just the age that gets me , it is so young , i thought i knew everything at that age, but there is so much more to learn .. But hey give it a shot. One thing you can not do, is try to hold on if you see it starts to go south.. It is best to just let it go and start fresh. 


     
    Messier-11
    Messier-11
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 11184
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 12:52 PM ET #17

    no joke it all depends on how many blowies she dishes out and the quality of said blowies. If this is already a problem you will one day be a salty old man paying asian masseuses to gargle your co.ck once a month
    Reply
    no joke it all depends on how many blowies she dishes out and the quality of said blowies. If this is already a problem you will one day be a salty old man paying asian masseuses to gargle your co.ck once a month
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 12:53 PM ET #18

    plus most of us do need photos to make the final approval.. 

    Close up face shot and full body shot will do... Thanks !

    Reply
    plus most of us do need photos to make the final approval.. 

    Close up face shot and full body shot will do... Thanks !

     
    ClubDirt
    ClubDirt
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 28196
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 1:07 PM ET #19

    agree with vanzack.  it's mandatory to live with a person before you get married.  especially at your age.

    also, i strongly encourage you to live in a few different cities at your age.  you're young, you can be mobile, see different places, meet different people. 

    when you get older, more stable in your job, have kids, etc, it's hard to move around. 


    vanzack's lived in equatorial guinea for as long as he can remember.  he went to cameroon once to see the national team play.  don't be like that. 
    Reply
    agree with vanzack.  it's mandatory to live with a person before you get married.  especially at your age.

    also, i strongly encourage you to live in a few different cities at your age.  you're young, you can be mobile, see different places, meet different people. 

    when you get older, more stable in your job, have kids, etc, it's hard to move around. 


    vanzack's lived in equatorial guinea for as long as he can remember.  he went to cameroon once to see the national team play.  don't be like that. 
     
    ClubDirt
    ClubDirt
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 28196
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 1:08 PM ET #20

    equatorial guinea is the texas of west africa.  get the f*ck out of there and see some different places while you can.  
    Reply
    equatorial guinea is the texas of west africa.  get the f*ck out of there and see some different places while you can.  
     
    TheDrizzle77
    TheDrizzle77
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 2685
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 2:01 PM ET #21

    Personally I'd ask somebody next door in the stall while I'm sitting on the shittter at an El Compaseno's about women advice before I'd come to Covers.

    But since you asked.

    If she's hot and you're ugly...you'd be a dope not to do it.

    If you're hot and she's ugly...you'd be a dope to do it.

    If you're both hot...you'd be a dope to do it, but still arrange neutral court hook ups.

    If you're both ugly...fuckk it, what's one got to lose?

    That's the real world.  Where nobody cares about anything else except if she's hot and has a job that doesn't require handing out extra ketchup.

    *But don't get married.  That's when you lose everything. 

    Reply
    Personally I'd ask somebody next door in the stall while I'm sitting on the shittter at an El Compaseno's about women advice before I'd come to Covers.

    But since you asked.

    If she's hot and you're ugly...you'd be a dope not to do it.

    If you're hot and she's ugly...you'd be a dope to do it.

    If you're both hot...you'd be a dope to do it, but still arrange neutral court hook ups.

    If you're both ugly...fuckk it, what's one got to lose?

    That's the real world.  Where nobody cares about anything else except if she's hot and has a job that doesn't require handing out extra ketchup.

    *But don't get married.  That's when you lose everything. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 2:18 PM ET #22

    A relationship isn't real until you live together. Give it a go. 

    Reply
    A relationship isn't real until you live together. Give it a go. 

     
    SALTY
    SALTY
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 4800
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 5:00 PM ET #23

    I'm gonna have to get all Dr. Phil mixed with a little Dionne Warwick and her Psychic Friends Network on ya son.

    It's not about degrees, job titles, money or whether or not she can truly be cool about our vices we have including poon which is all our biggest downfall. We will do anything and put up with a ton of BS just to move in with a poon dealer and have your fix anytime cause it's in house......BUT

    You will see in time that dealers may appear to be cool with everything at first with hooking you up with primo product to get you hooked. Then the mood swings and paranoia kick in with aggressive actions actions fueled by irrational thinking due to feeling shortchanged.

    So now the dealer wants payment before dealing you any more goods. But poon slangers have this imaginary emotional price log you with never be able to catch up and your I.OU.S are no longer good. So not able to get your fix at home so you will want to sample some new product because any dealer seems awesome till you find out how they treat you when they feel you crossed em.
    Enjoy it till it blows up and always do what yoy wanna do and if you don't have the guts to walk out the door while she's crying don't leave!!!!! Then you better not move in with her cause you will be in this for life.

    Lol catch my drift?
    Reply
    I'm gonna have to get all Dr. Phil mixed with a little Dionne Warwick and her Psychic Friends Network on ya son.

    It's not about degrees, job titles, money or whether or not she can truly be cool about our vices we have including poon which is all our biggest downfall. We will do anything and put up with a ton of BS just to move in with a poon dealer and have your fix anytime cause it's in house......BUT

    You will see in time that dealers may appear to be cool with everything at first with hooking you up with primo product to get you hooked. Then the mood swings and paranoia kick in with aggressive actions actions fueled by irrational thinking due to feeling shortchanged.

    So now the dealer wants payment before dealing you any more goods. But poon slangers have this imaginary emotional price log you with never be able to catch up and your I.OU.S are no longer good. So not able to get your fix at home so you will want to sample some new product because any dealer seems awesome till you find out how they treat you when they feel you crossed em.
    Enjoy it till it blows up and always do what yoy wanna do and if you don't have the guts to walk out the door while she's crying don't leave!!!!! Then you better not move in with her cause you will be in this for life.

    Lol catch my drift?
     
    cave0707
    cave0707
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 1521
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 5:28 PM ET #24

    You're 26?  You're still a kid.  Go ahead and act like one.  Don't try be somebody you're not (adult) and do something stupid (get married).  Be yourself (child) and just have fun (get drunk, do some light drugs, have a lotta sex, gamble, etc, etc).  Worry about wearing your big boy pants when you're 40ish.  Good luck to you.

    Reply

    You're 26?  You're still a kid.  Go ahead and act like one.  Don't try be somebody you're not (adult) and do something stupid (get married).  Be yourself (child) and just have fun (get drunk, do some light drugs, have a lotta sex, gamble, etc, etc).  Worry about wearing your big boy pants when you're 40ish.  Good luck to you.

     
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55681
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2014 - 8:22 PM ET #25

    Go for it. If ya think you might have a keeper, throwing her back in hopes of finding a better one is probably not a smart idea. Catch and release is cool for the most part, but when you get one to put on the wall you dont get greedy. Theres lots of fish in the sea, but most of them are bottom feeders or too hard to catch.

    Put this one on the stringer and see how living together goes.

     

    SPOILER: You will literally want to set this woman on fire several times. You will question yourself and hate life at times. However, this is gonna happen with any women you live with...its not just your lady. If you want to be like the previous guys and be "single and happy" at 40, go for. I personally dont know of anybody like that. The game changes after 30, because you still want the 22 year old girl, but they have now become fairly unattainable....so you spend a lot of time being "happily miserable" all alone. Its a give and take....

     

    bol sir

    Reply

    Go for it. If ya think you might have a keeper, throwing her back in hopes of finding a better one is probably not a smart idea. Catch and release is cool for the most part, but when you get one to put on the wall you dont get greedy. Theres lots of fish in the sea, but most of them are bottom feeders or too hard to catch.

    Put this one on the stringer and see how living together goes.

     

    SPOILER: You will literally want to set this woman on fire several times. You will question yourself and hate life at times. However, this is gonna happen with any women you live with...its not just your lady. If you want to be like the previous guys and be "single and happy" at 40, go for. I personally dont know of anybody like that. The game changes after 30, because you still want the 22 year old girl, but they have now become fairly unattainable....so you spend a lot of time being "happily miserable" all alone. Its a give and take....

     

    bol sir

    All Forums | General Discussion
    123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,277
    • PART DEUX 221
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,111
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,656
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,209
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 755
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,176
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,148
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,587

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.