• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Super Bowl Was Awesome In Vegas, Now To Move There?

    123 ... 789 Next Last»
    WSTgekko
    nature1970
    GimmeMoneyNow
    TheGoldenGoose
    vetdrm
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 15975
    Posts: 220
    123 ... 789 Next Last»
     
    WSTgekko
    WSTgekko
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2013
    Posts: 689
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2017 - 6:01 PM ET #1

    What a time in Vegas for the SuperBowl, not just that I won on the Pats, but just the lifestyle really grabbed me in. I own lighting and landscaping businesses and I saw a tremendous opportunity (lighting wise) out there. A lot of hotels and casinos have made attempts but now have all outdated and broken sections. 

    I was thinking of possibly getting a time share or even making the move out here for 6 months at a time (Feb-July) - Anyone have any suggestions?

    I am great with baseball season (7/8 years in the green) and would love to come down for maybe a 6 month period.

    I will post a youtube series and be a more mature College Gambler with more of my own work ethic to make me $$ and gambling being my side hobby that I can afford. Thanks Ahead.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    What a time in Vegas for the SuperBowl, not just that I won on the Pats, but just the lifestyle really grabbed me in. I own lighting and landscaping businesses and I saw a tremendous opportunity (lighting wise) out there. A lot of hotels and casinos have made attempts but now have all outdated and broken sections. 

    I was thinking of possibly getting a time share or even making the move out here for 6 months at a time (Feb-July) - Anyone have any suggestions?

    I am great with baseball season (7/8 years in the green) and would love to come down for maybe a 6 month period.

    I will post a youtube series and be a more mature College Gambler with more of my own work ethic to make me $$ and gambling being my side hobby that I can afford. Thanks Ahead.
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2017 - 6:06 PM ET #2

    https://www.realtor.com/apartments/Las-Vegas_NV/affordable

    glad you had a good time.

    Reply

    https://www.realtor.com/apartments/Las-Vegas_NV/affordable

    glad you had a good time.

     
    WSTgekko
    WSTgekko
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2013
    Posts: 689
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2017 - 6:11 PM ET #3

    https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/apa/5999705018.html

    Thanks for the tip! This is right up my alley. Im paying $2100 for a 2 bedroom apartment right now in Long Island. It's crazy how much I would save from savings alone each year. 

    The only thing that stops me is family. I am single, 30 years old, no children. But, I feel like everyone would think the worst because no one has faith in anyone surviving out there.
    Reply
    https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/apa/5999705018.html

    Thanks for the tip! This is right up my alley. Im paying $2100 for a 2 bedroom apartment right now in Long Island. It's crazy how much I would save from savings alone each year. 

    The only thing that stops me is family. I am single, 30 years old, no children. But, I feel like everyone would think the worst because no one has faith in anyone surviving out there.
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2017 - 6:11 PM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by WSTgekko:


    I will post a youtube series and be a more mature College Gambler


    Not that hard to do that, but still, the odds are against you. Good luck.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WSTgekko:


    I will post a youtube series and be a more mature College Gambler


    Not that hard to do that, but still, the odds are against you. Good luck.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2017 - 6:44 PM ET #5

    7/8 years in the green is an excellent run. I consider Baseball to be the greatest betting opportunity in Sports wagering. So many value dogs in Baseball. GL and keep us updated.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    7/8 years in the green is an excellent run. I consider Baseball to be the greatest betting opportunity in Sports wagering. So many value dogs in Baseball. GL and keep us updated.
     
    WSTgekko
    WSTgekko
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2013
    Posts: 689
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2017 - 7:20 PM ET #6

    Yeah man. Can't say that about the NFL though LOL. That's why I bet lite for the NFL season. Yeah I am thinking about making the move for real. I will keep a nice journal and youtube series if I do.
    Reply
    Yeah man. Can't say that about the NFL though LOL. That's why I bet lite for the NFL season. Yeah I am thinking about making the move for real. I will keep a nice journal and youtube series if I do.
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2017 - 7:29 PM ET #7

    If this is for Real.

    Find a real job like you plan great but make it a must

    If not your line work do not worry, lot of jobs the ones no

    think is good enough for them Dishwashing, car washes, gas station attendants clerks heck flip burgers or bus tables. what ever to make the rent.

    then your roll stays intact ...

    just a word from someone who can literally go anywhere and adapt , survive and thrive.

    Reply

    If this is for Real.

    Find a real job like you plan great but make it a must

    If not your line work do not worry, lot of jobs the ones no

    think is good enough for them Dishwashing, car washes, gas station attendants clerks heck flip burgers or bus tables. what ever to make the rent.

    then your roll stays intact ...

    just a word from someone who can literally go anywhere and adapt , survive and thrive.

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2017 - 7:52 PM ET #8

    My mentor was a great man but not found in those history pages.

    our family referred to him as Harold or Dirty harry case depending he was not a picture of perfection but he was smart. He told me this,

    do something no one else wants to do whenever you are new to an area. You always have a job and find work .

    when you do this you solidify a position a roof over your head food in your stomach and a few dollars you can work with.

     then you can make contacts solidify a better Job make more become bigger and succeed.

    I have used this mentality to survive many tough scrapes

    all over came through crap when most bet I would not.

    allowed me to meet many interesting souls and got to hear many great stories, found many friends and contacts and allowed me my freedom.

    Reply

    My mentor was a great man but not found in those history pages.

    our family referred to him as Harold or Dirty harry case depending he was not a picture of perfection but he was smart. He told me this,

    do something no one else wants to do whenever you are new to an area. You always have a job and find work .

    when you do this you solidify a position a roof over your head food in your stomach and a few dollars you can work with.

     then you can make contacts solidify a better Job make more become bigger and succeed.

    I have used this mentality to survive many tough scrapes

    all over came through crap when most bet I would not.

    allowed me to meet many interesting souls and got to hear many great stories, found many friends and contacts and allowed me my freedom.

     
    vetdrm
    vetdrm
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 14987
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2017 - 7:57 PM ET #9

    Just wondering..Was this your first time to Vegas?
    Reply
    Just wondering..Was this your first time to Vegas?
     
    WSTgekko
    WSTgekko
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2013
    Posts: 689
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2017 - 8:23 PM ET #10

    No about 9th or 10th. I do very well in poker and the sports. I appreciate the insights. 

    I own a few businesses here in New York so I know I can easily do my lighting business. Landscaping seems rough since its probably mostly trimming palm trees, no real grass to maintain. 

    I would definitely golf caddy at some of the country clubs. I also have a nice bank roll. I could pay my rent for the 6 months up front for my 6 month lease so I just worry about the regular bills (food, gas, phone, cable) - The only thing that is stopping be from leaving tomorrow is all of my family is here in NY. 

    I would be looked at as a junkie or crazy person for trying something NEW and doing something that makes me HAPPY.
    Reply
    No about 9th or 10th. I do very well in poker and the sports. I appreciate the insights. 

    I own a few businesses here in New York so I know I can easily do my lighting business. Landscaping seems rough since its probably mostly trimming palm trees, no real grass to maintain. 

    I would definitely golf caddy at some of the country clubs. I also have a nice bank roll. I could pay my rent for the 6 months up front for my 6 month lease so I just worry about the regular bills (food, gas, phone, cable) - The only thing that is stopping be from leaving tomorrow is all of my family is here in NY. 

    I would be looked at as a junkie or crazy person for trying something NEW and doing something that makes me HAPPY.
     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2017 - 10:32 PM ET #11

    vegas is very cheap esp if u dont mind sleeping in a hell hole.
    if u are betting a lot too they can def comp u well.you can easily get 3-4 free nights per month.
    Reply
    vegas is very cheap esp if u dont mind sleeping in a hell hole.
    if u are betting a lot too they can def comp u well.you can easily get 3-4 free nights per month.
     
    Michfan15
    Michfan15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 11316
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2017 - 1:28 AM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by WSTgekko:

    https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/apa/5999705018.html

    Thanks for the tip! This is right up my alley. Im paying $2100 for a 2 bedroom apartment right now in Long Island. It's crazy how much I would save from savings alone each year. 

    The only thing that stops me is family. I am single, 30 years old, no children. But, I feel like everyone would think the worst because no one has faith in anyone surviving out there.

    516 holla! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WSTgekko:

    https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/apa/5999705018.html

    Thanks for the tip! This is right up my alley. Im paying $2100 for a 2 bedroom apartment right now in Long Island. It's crazy how much I would save from savings alone each year. 

    The only thing that stops me is family. I am single, 30 years old, no children. But, I feel like everyone would think the worst because no one has faith in anyone surviving out there.

    516 holla! 
     
    Michfan15
    Michfan15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 11316
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2017 - 1:33 AM ET #13

    I think what you are proposing is much more realistic and a better plan than the CG's of the world who go out to LV and expect to make a living betting on sports.  Caddying, bartending, or even setting up a landscaping business is a good idea to have as your primary source of income and  you can bet on the side for supplemental income.  

    Make sure you have someone responsible and you trust back in LI to run your businesses if you do move to LV for six months.  BOL dude.
    Reply
    I think what you are proposing is much more realistic and a better plan than the CG's of the world who go out to LV and expect to make a living betting on sports.  Caddying, bartending, or even setting up a landscaping business is a good idea to have as your primary source of income and  you can bet on the side for supplemental income.  

    Make sure you have someone responsible and you trust back in LI to run your businesses if you do move to LV for six months.  BOL dude.
     
    KingScorpio
    KingScorpio
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 24532
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2017 - 1:53 AM ET #14

    You don't need to move to Vegas,be like most on Covers and internet gamble.Vegas is a town of scumbags and posers,you'll be happier living elsewhere.Don't think the lights are your calling card.




    GL 
    There is no 100% cappers in the world
    Reply
    You don't need to move to Vegas,be like most on Covers and internet gamble.Vegas is a town of scumbags and posers,you'll be happier living elsewhere.Don't think the lights are your calling card.




    GL 
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2017 - 1:57 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by KingScorpio:

    You don't need to move to Vegas,be like most on Covers and internet gamble.Vegas is a town of scumbags and posers,you'll be happier living elsewhere.Don't think the lights are your calling card.




    GL 




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScorpio:

    You don't need to move to Vegas,be like most on Covers and internet gamble.Vegas is a town of scumbags and posers,you'll be happier living elsewhere.Don't think the lights are your calling card.




    GL 




     
    WSTgekko
    WSTgekko
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2013
    Posts: 689
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2017 - 8:55 AM ET #16

    I am sick though of the local bookie action here in NY. I have been cut off 5 times for winning 10K in a month and 2 guys still owe me 24K+ combined. 

    The mental part of the betting aspect is gone when I am in Vegas because I don't have to worry about getting paid. I was thinking of getting a rewards card at 5 different casinos, each comp me 3-4 nights a month would almost be my months stay! LOL - Don't know how realistic that could end up being but yes, I would definitely not go to VEGAS saying I am going to become a professional gambler and pay my way with gambling.

    I have worked since caddying on golf courses at 12 years old. I am almost 31 now, I would definitely need something like caddying in the morning to keep me busy and active. I am also a great golfer so it will get me free golf 1x a week at each course I work at. 

    I am sitting here in my apartment looking out to the ocean pondering, should I really make the move? I would come back to NY for my busiest season (christmas). Feb-July would be ideal for Vegas for me. Damn, if my immediate family wouldn't judge, I would do it tomorrow. But I am going to have to explain how I am not going there to GAMBLE. Very tough sell.
    Reply
    I am sick though of the local bookie action here in NY. I have been cut off 5 times for winning 10K in a month and 2 guys still owe me 24K+ combined. 

    The mental part of the betting aspect is gone when I am in Vegas because I don't have to worry about getting paid. I was thinking of getting a rewards card at 5 different casinos, each comp me 3-4 nights a month would almost be my months stay! LOL - Don't know how realistic that could end up being but yes, I would definitely not go to VEGAS saying I am going to become a professional gambler and pay my way with gambling.

    I have worked since caddying on golf courses at 12 years old. I am almost 31 now, I would definitely need something like caddying in the morning to keep me busy and active. I am also a great golfer so it will get me free golf 1x a week at each course I work at. 

    I am sitting here in my apartment looking out to the ocean pondering, should I really make the move? I would come back to NY for my busiest season (christmas). Feb-July would be ideal for Vegas for me. Damn, if my immediate family wouldn't judge, I would do it tomorrow. But I am going to have to explain how I am not going there to GAMBLE. Very tough sell.
     
    WSTgekko
    WSTgekko
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2013
    Posts: 689
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2017 - 11:43 AM ET #17

    Looking to make the drive across country and set up shop for the first week of March! Going to call some apartments now and see what the deal is to get it set up. I will make a Youtube channel to record the trip and this first 6-month adventure! It's going to be awesome! 

    My dog Lilly will love the new terrain! haha
    Reply
    Looking to make the drive across country and set up shop for the first week of March! Going to call some apartments now and see what the deal is to get it set up. I will make a Youtube channel to record the trip and this first 6-month adventure! It's going to be awesome! 

    My dog Lilly will love the new terrain! haha
     
    Titan2
    Titan2
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 531
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2017 - 12:51 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by KingScorpio:

     Vegas is a town of scumbags and posers,you'll be happier living elsewhere.Don't think the lights are your calling card.




    GL 

    Transients and every scumbag from California- Thousands of meth heads live in the sewers there and they come out at night, ya can't buy gas without some body asking for money. Two of my kids went to UNLV, they loved it at first, then couldn't graduate fast enough and both say they hate the place and will never go back- I spent 50% of my time there for about 25 years and still have to go out there occasionally for business and my wife flatly refuses to EVER go with me, and she'll go to Columbia and every third world shIthole on earth with me. It's a sh!thole-

    Long island sucks, but Vegas????

    I'd say you'd go home in about 2 years- everyone does. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScorpio:

     Vegas is a town of scumbags and posers,you'll be happier living elsewhere.Don't think the lights are your calling card.




    GL 

    Transients and every scumbag from California- Thousands of meth heads live in the sewers there and they come out at night, ya can't buy gas without some body asking for money. Two of my kids went to UNLV, they loved it at first, then couldn't graduate fast enough and both say they hate the place and will never go back- I spent 50% of my time there for about 25 years and still have to go out there occasionally for business and my wife flatly refuses to EVER go with me, and she'll go to Columbia and every third world shIthole on earth with me. It's a sh!thole-

    Long island sucks, but Vegas????

    I'd say you'd go home in about 2 years- everyone does. 
     
    Michfan15
    Michfan15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 11316
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2017 - 2:14 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2:



    Long island sucks, but Vegas????

    I'd say you'd go home in about 2 years- everyone does. 

    Long Island is a great place, not sure if you've ever been there but you don't know what your talkin about amigo.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2:



    Long island sucks, but Vegas????

    I'd say you'd go home in about 2 years- everyone does. 

    Long Island is a great place, not sure if you've ever been there but you don't know what your talkin about amigo.
     
    Titan2
    Titan2
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 531
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2017 - 2:21 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Michfan15:


    Long Island is a great place, not sure if you've ever been there but you don't know what your talkin about amigo.

    Yeah, I've been there..

    Horribly boring, crowded suburbia...with bad weather


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Michfan15:


    Long Island is a great place, not sure if you've ever been there but you don't know what your talkin about amigo.

    Yeah, I've been there..

    Horribly boring, crowded suburbia...with bad weather


     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2017 - 3:47 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2:


    Yeah, I've been there..

    Horribly boring, crowded suburbia...with bad weather



    you have to go further than queens man.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2:


    Yeah, I've been there..

    Horribly boring, crowded suburbia...with bad weather



    you have to go further than queens man.
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2017 - 5:14 PM ET #22

    The mental part of the betting aspect is gone when I am in Vegas because I don't have to worry about getting paid. I was thinking of getting a rewards card at 5 different casinos, each comp me 3-4 nights a month would almost be my months stay! LOL - Don't know how realistic that could end up being but

    ==============================================

    Your action to achieve that goal will require other play than the sportsbooks.No comps from that and you should already know that.

    You could grind out some VideoPoker play for a buffet or two and a couple comped nights at Boyd or Caesars..Don't even count free rooms anymore cause the resort fees and possible parking fees,you're better off in your apt..

    Would be a full-time job to bounce around the local casinos for comps/food/reward days/calculating this and that to survive.Let alone trying to have your own business and the time for that.

    Hey but that said,Best Wishes Keep us posted

    Reply

    The mental part of the betting aspect is gone when I am in Vegas because I don't have to worry about getting paid. I was thinking of getting a rewards card at 5 different casinos, each comp me 3-4 nights a month would almost be my months stay! LOL - Don't know how realistic that could end up being but

    ==============================================

    Your action to achieve that goal will require other play than the sportsbooks.No comps from that and you should already know that.

    You could grind out some VideoPoker play for a buffet or two and a couple comped nights at Boyd or Caesars..Don't even count free rooms anymore cause the resort fees and possible parking fees,you're better off in your apt..

    Would be a full-time job to bounce around the local casinos for comps/food/reward days/calculating this and that to survive.Let alone trying to have your own business and the time for that.

    Hey but that said,Best Wishes Keep us posted

     
    WSTgekko
    WSTgekko
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2013
    Posts: 689
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2017 - 5:28 PM ET #23

    Yeah I have a friend who is willing to try it out with me. He doesn't gamble. But we can both caddy at the golf courses together, maybe bartend at night if needed. My sports betting I think in 1 month would pay our rent for 3 months. I will definitely keep everyone posted, looking at 6 month leases currently....
    Reply
    Yeah I have a friend who is willing to try it out with me. He doesn't gamble. But we can both caddy at the golf courses together, maybe bartend at night if needed. My sports betting I think in 1 month would pay our rent for 3 months. I will definitely keep everyone posted, looking at 6 month leases currently....
     
    Titan2
    Titan2
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 531
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2017 - 5:31 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by WSTgekko:

     
     

    I have worked since caddying on golf courses at 12 years old. I am almost 31 now, I would definitely need something like caddying in the morning to keep me busy and active. I am also a great golfer so it will get me free golf 1x a week at each course I work at. 



    When my daughter was at UNLV she caddied for Par Mates- She got $600 a round. I don't know if that was the price or the tips, but that's what she told me..This is actually her:

    https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3284655659/c65978fb7274b95c41a80f962bf30bde_400x400.jpeg

    She also got paid hundreds of dollars to sit by pools-  Just sit there with other girls to create an atmosphere I guess.. free drinks and food too. I don't know if these jobs would be options for you.  She saved well over 150k while going to school out there-  I was talking to her one day and she says "dad, have you ever heard of a football player named Joe Montana?" I said "yeah, I've heard of him", lol and she said "I caddied for him today, he was very nice"  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WSTgekko:

     
     

    I have worked since caddying on golf courses at 12 years old. I am almost 31 now, I would definitely need something like caddying in the morning to keep me busy and active. I am also a great golfer so it will get me free golf 1x a week at each course I work at. 



    When my daughter was at UNLV she caddied for Par Mates- She got $600 a round. I don't know if that was the price or the tips, but that's what she told me..This is actually her:

    https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3284655659/c65978fb7274b95c41a80f962bf30bde_400x400.jpeg

    She also got paid hundreds of dollars to sit by pools-  Just sit there with other girls to create an atmosphere I guess.. free drinks and food too. I don't know if these jobs would be options for you.  She saved well over 150k while going to school out there-  I was talking to her one day and she says "dad, have you ever heard of a football player named Joe Montana?" I said "yeah, I've heard of him", lol and she said "I caddied for him today, he was very nice"  
     
     
    Titan2
    Titan2
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 531
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2017 - 5:41 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by WSTgekko:

    Yeah I have a friend who is willing to try it out with me. He doesn't gamble. But we can both caddy at the golf courses together, maybe bartend at night if needed. My sports betting I think in 1 month would pay our rent for 3 months. I will definitely keep everyone posted, looking at 6 month leases currently....

    There a strong Bar tending union there and you'll start out on the midnight shift at the El Cortez.. If there's an opening. 

    One of my kids interned at the El Cortez, she was doing Hotel Management at UNLV...  On her first day she saw the carpet in the lobby moving and she asked what is that amazing pattern in the carpet? Her boss told her, those are lice- We got lice in the carpet there...

    You just don't start out Bar Tending at the  Mandarin Oriental or the Four Seasons- You start part time at the bottom barrel places
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WSTgekko:

    Yeah I have a friend who is willing to try it out with me. He doesn't gamble. But we can both caddy at the golf courses together, maybe bartend at night if needed. My sports betting I think in 1 month would pay our rent for 3 months. I will definitely keep everyone posted, looking at 6 month leases currently....

    There a strong Bar tending union there and you'll start out on the midnight shift at the El Cortez.. If there's an opening. 

    One of my kids interned at the El Cortez, she was doing Hotel Management at UNLV...  On her first day she saw the carpet in the lobby moving and she asked what is that amazing pattern in the carpet? Her boss told her, those are lice- We got lice in the carpet there...

    You just don't start out Bar Tending at the  Mandarin Oriental or the Four Seasons- You start part time at the bottom barrel places
    All Forums | General Discussion
    123 ... 789 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,027
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,624
    • MLB Playoffs 17,022
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 344
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,919
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 447
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,505
    • PART DEUX 140
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,168
    • NFL WEEK 5 ........................2026 1,581

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.