• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    I hate religion

    123 ... 567 Next Last»
    SportsFan9698
    Messier-11
    TheGoldenGoose
    RandyC726
    GimmeMoneyNow
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5534
    Posts: 166
    123 ... 567 Next Last»
     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2015 - 10:31 AM ET #1

    Hate is a very strong word, and should only be used sparingly when its true meaning is understood and what is meant, and yes I hate religion.

    I do not discriminate.  I hate all religion.  I was raised Methodist, and carted of to church or Sunday School because my parents thought it was the right thing to do.  Let me correct that... they did it because that is what would please their parents.  Endless cycle.  neither of my parent could recite a single verse from the bible, and they could not care less.

    I am not a historian, but I do feel that I have a pretty good grasp on a few things in our history.  As I see it, religion is the basis for almost all wars, and almost all (ignorant) hatred that exists in the world today.  "My religion is superior to yours, so therefor I don't like you, or I want you to change, or maybe I just want to kill you".

    The world would be a much better place without any religion.  I do appreciate the good that comes from some or most of the organized churches.  Plenty of work to do good, and help others.  But if you put that all in balance with all of the needless suffering and killing and hatred that has happened throughout history because of religion, it is obvious to me that we would be much better off with none of it.

    I don't claim to be a historian, but as I see it religion was originally concocted as a tool to control and manage the masses of the world by leaders (dictators).  That is the true origins of all religion, despite how you may have been brainwashed to thing it is something more benevolent.

    Although I do not recognize any form of organized religion, I do believe we do have our creator - a deity.  I guess you can call him God.  That makes me not an atheist, but I think the correct term is agnostic.

    I was always a science and math guy from a young age.  About the age I figured out that there was no Santa Clause, I also concluded that organized religion was a farce.  I have never changed that conclusion in all my years.  When I was younger in my teens and 20's, I believed in the evolution theory.  I have since tossed that.  I simply find the whole theory to be far too inconceivable to be given any worthy credit.  I could be wrong but that is what I think.  Some random events allowed a few carbon elements to collide with others and that formed life?  And that life then evolved to humans that can do almost anything we want, including thought and analysis and form societies?  That is ridiculous to me - just as ridiculous as a bunch of stories about our creation, and God sees over things and decides what is good or bad.

    So I would like to hear a few opinions about religion from you... let's keep it civil.



    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Hate is a very strong word, and should only be used sparingly when its true meaning is understood and what is meant, and yes I hate religion.

    I do not discriminate.  I hate all religion.  I was raised Methodist, and carted of to church or Sunday School because my parents thought it was the right thing to do.  Let me correct that... they did it because that is what would please their parents.  Endless cycle.  neither of my parent could recite a single verse from the bible, and they could not care less.

    I am not a historian, but I do feel that I have a pretty good grasp on a few things in our history.  As I see it, religion is the basis for almost all wars, and almost all (ignorant) hatred that exists in the world today.  "My religion is superior to yours, so therefor I don't like you, or I want you to change, or maybe I just want to kill you".

    The world would be a much better place without any religion.  I do appreciate the good that comes from some or most of the organized churches.  Plenty of work to do good, and help others.  But if you put that all in balance with all of the needless suffering and killing and hatred that has happened throughout history because of religion, it is obvious to me that we would be much better off with none of it.

    I don't claim to be a historian, but as I see it religion was originally concocted as a tool to control and manage the masses of the world by leaders (dictators).  That is the true origins of all religion, despite how you may have been brainwashed to thing it is something more benevolent.

    Although I do not recognize any form of organized religion, I do believe we do have our creator - a deity.  I guess you can call him God.  That makes me not an atheist, but I think the correct term is agnostic.

    I was always a science and math guy from a young age.  About the age I figured out that there was no Santa Clause, I also concluded that organized religion was a farce.  I have never changed that conclusion in all my years.  When I was younger in my teens and 20's, I believed in the evolution theory.  I have since tossed that.  I simply find the whole theory to be far too inconceivable to be given any worthy credit.  I could be wrong but that is what I think.  Some random events allowed a few carbon elements to collide with others and that formed life?  And that life then evolved to humans that can do almost anything we want, including thought and analysis and form societies?  That is ridiculous to me - just as ridiculous as a bunch of stories about our creation, and God sees over things and decides what is good or bad.

    So I would like to hear a few opinions about religion from you... let's keep it civil.



     
    Messier-11
    Messier-11
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 11187
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2015 - 10:36 AM ET #2

    i dont believe but just in case my airplane is experiencing ill mumble a few words to the big guy. my days of going to church are over though unless its to please family on easter or christmas.


    too many people would be depressed lunatics if they didn't have something to believe in reassuring them that death isn't the end and that you'll see those you've lost again in "heaven" etc. It just gives people hope and guidelines on how to be a decent human being....well most religions anyway
    Reply
    i dont believe but just in case my airplane is experiencing ill mumble a few words to the big guy. my days of going to church are over though unless its to please family on easter or christmas.


    too many people would be depressed lunatics if they didn't have something to believe in reassuring them that death isn't the end and that you'll see those you've lost again in "heaven" etc. It just gives people hope and guidelines on how to be a decent human being....well most religions anyway
     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2015 - 10:41 AM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Messier-11:

    i dont believe but just in case my airplane is experiencing ill mumble a few words to the big guy. my days of going to church are over though unless its to please family on easter or christmas.


    too many people would be depressed lunatics if they didn't have something to believe in reassuring them that death isn't the end and that you'll see those you've lost again in "heaven" etc. It just gives people hope and guidelines on how to be a decent human being....well most religions anyway

    I totally get that, and I agree.  I think that is the ONLY reason that religion has lived on to modern times.  It seems that people do have a need to believe in an after-life.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Messier-11:

    i dont believe but just in case my airplane is experiencing ill mumble a few words to the big guy. my days of going to church are over though unless its to please family on easter or christmas.


    too many people would be depressed lunatics if they didn't have something to believe in reassuring them that death isn't the end and that you'll see those you've lost again in "heaven" etc. It just gives people hope and guidelines on how to be a decent human being....well most religions anyway

    I totally get that, and I agree.  I think that is the ONLY reason that religion has lived on to modern times.  It seems that people do have a need to believe in an after-life.


     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2015 - 10:44 AM ET #4

    You also stated that it gives us guidelines - and I will agree with you there.  The ten commandments are a good start to understand how to live a good life.  Some of those commandments might be debatable, but it is a great start.
    Reply
    You also stated that it gives us guidelines - and I will agree with you there.  The ten commandments are a good start to understand how to live a good life.  Some of those commandments might be debatable, but it is a great start.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2015 - 12:47 PM ET #5


    I too am Agnostic. 

    There is no way to prove there IS a God.

    There is no way to prove there ISN'T a God.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    I too am Agnostic. 

    There is no way to prove there IS a God.

    There is no way to prove there ISN'T a God.
     
    RandyC726
    RandyC726
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 1545
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2015 - 1:21 PM ET #6

    I've never died, so I'm not sure what to believe. That's why I just live my life and whatever happens, happens once I kick the bucket.

    However, religion only exists because people are afraid of death. They can't deal with the possible fact you just rot in the ground when you're dead.
    Reply
    I've never died, so I'm not sure what to believe. That's why I just live my life and whatever happens, happens once I kick the bucket.

    However, religion only exists because people are afraid of death. They can't deal with the possible fact you just rot in the ground when you're dead.
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2015 - 5:07 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:

    You also stated that it gives us guidelines - and I will agree with you there.  The ten commandments are a good start to understand how to live a good life.  Some of those commandments might be debatable, but it is a great start.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again, all you need is The Golden Rule. If everyone followed that, the world would be a much better place.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:

    You also stated that it gives us guidelines - and I will agree with you there.  The ten commandments are a good start to understand how to live a good life.  Some of those commandments might be debatable, but it is a great start.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again, all you need is The Golden Rule. If everyone followed that, the world would be a much better place.....
     
    mr_bollox
    mr_bollox
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 14400
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2015 - 10:09 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyC726:

    I've never died, so I'm not sure what to believe. That's why I just live my life and whatever happens, happens once I kick the bucket.

    However, religion only exists because people are afraid of death. They can't deal with the possible fact you just rot in the ground when you're dead.


    nothing has killed more humans than religion, from the crusades to the protestant reformation to the modern day surge of islamic terrorism.

    I'm not an athiest but you get only one life, when its over, fade to black and someone else gets another shot.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyC726:

    I've never died, so I'm not sure what to believe. That's why I just live my life and whatever happens, happens once I kick the bucket.

    However, religion only exists because people are afraid of death. They can't deal with the possible fact you just rot in the ground when you're dead.


    nothing has killed more humans than religion, from the crusades to the protestant reformation to the modern day surge of islamic terrorism.

    I'm not an athiest but you get only one life, when its over, fade to black and someone else gets another shot.
     
    catfan56
    catfan56
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 32
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2015 - 1:05 AM ET #9

    I too agree with most that has been already stated, I differ in that I believe, there is no "heaven" and that once you die thats it , the good news is you will not know that you died or that you were ever alive, I base this on my experience of being unconscious for about 8 hours when i broke my neck when I was 17 , i am now 60, I have no recall of the previous 24 hrs, none, so what I learned is that the body protects itself when a severe traumatic experience occurs, and also if death is nothing more than not awakening after sleep or being unconscious then how do you know you were ever alive, I do believe that is why we go to sleep it's an experience of death , the bible is nothing more than the scholars of each era writing about coping with life and a way to each person to decide how to deal with their impending death, the Jesus thing,, sorry i just don't buy it , remember the bible was written by 'MEN" who were basically the DR PHIL of their generations "INSPIRED to write about JESUS, each one even with high integrity intentions wrote with the purpose to be in some way famous or to get a little power or favor from so called leaders that be for each generation , and totally agree that the MY GOD IS BETTER THAN YOUR GOD, is the true root of all evil, and greed and power coming in a close second and third
    Reply
    I too agree with most that has been already stated, I differ in that I believe, there is no "heaven" and that once you die thats it , the good news is you will not know that you died or that you were ever alive, I base this on my experience of being unconscious for about 8 hours when i broke my neck when I was 17 , i am now 60, I have no recall of the previous 24 hrs, none, so what I learned is that the body protects itself when a severe traumatic experience occurs, and also if death is nothing more than not awakening after sleep or being unconscious then how do you know you were ever alive, I do believe that is why we go to sleep it's an experience of death , the bible is nothing more than the scholars of each era writing about coping with life and a way to each person to decide how to deal with their impending death, the Jesus thing,, sorry i just don't buy it , remember the bible was written by 'MEN" who were basically the DR PHIL of their generations "INSPIRED to write about JESUS, each one even with high integrity intentions wrote with the purpose to be in some way famous or to get a little power or favor from so called leaders that be for each generation , and totally agree that the MY GOD IS BETTER THAN YOUR GOD, is the true root of all evil, and greed and power coming in a close second and third
     
    SwishSwish1234
    SwishSwish1234
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 3173
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2015 - 4:58 AM ET #10

    The thing that irks me is how can you confirm there is a heaven and hell?
    Reply
    The thing that irks me is how can you confirm there is a heaven and hell?
     
    don juan
    don juan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2001
    Posts: 5561
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2015 - 9:10 AM ET #11

    So, you all do not believe in a transformation. aye ?..



    If I told you that a pig could turn into an eagle, you would not believe.




    I'll bet you still wouldn't believe if I told you that a caterpillar could turn into a butterfly.



    Smarten up and be thankful your creator loves you enough to put up with your crap.
    Reply
    So, you all do not believe in a transformation. aye ?..



    If I told you that a pig could turn into an eagle, you would not believe.




    I'll bet you still wouldn't believe if I told you that a caterpillar could turn into a butterfly.



    Smarten up and be thankful your creator loves you enough to put up with your crap.
     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2015 - 10:00 AM ET #12

    Don -

    I guess you just don't get it.  Nobody wants to hear you tell us that your beliefs are so important and we should change our views to be more in line with you.  That is exactly what is bad about religion in general.  It's one thing to state your beliefs, it is another to try to persuade or mock others because they don't have the same as you.  I'm hope your creator will grant you a pass after putting up with your crap as well.

    Reply
    Don -

    I guess you just don't get it.  Nobody wants to hear you tell us that your beliefs are so important and we should change our views to be more in line with you.  That is exactly what is bad about religion in general.  It's one thing to state your beliefs, it is another to try to persuade or mock others because they don't have the same as you.  I'm hope your creator will grant you a pass after putting up with your crap as well.

     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2015 - 10:13 AM ET #13

    The Qur'an & Bible are nothing more than un-illustrated comic books, filled with fairytales, and bullshitt......heaven? hell? I mean really, are their still people who actually believe in this charade? Last time I checked it was 2015, not 600 AD

    the creator of mankind is your mother & father

    Jesus was nothing more than a drunk who hung out with his home boys at the temple, he annoyed the Emperor, and they nailed his azz to the cross; case closed, so much for the so called "Son of God" geezis, typical insecure fanatics, regardless of the religion, in a couple hundred years, all of it will be a joke, and will no longer exist

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Reply

    The Qur'an & Bible are nothing more than un-illustrated comic books, filled with fairytales, and bullshitt......heaven? hell? I mean really, are their still people who actually believe in this charade? Last time I checked it was 2015, not 600 AD

    the creator of mankind is your mother & father

    Jesus was nothing more than a drunk who hung out with his home boys at the temple, he annoyed the Emperor, and they nailed his azz to the cross; case closed, so much for the so called "Son of God" geezis, typical insecure fanatics, regardless of the religion, in a couple hundred years, all of it will be a joke, and will no longer exist

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2015 - 10:25 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyC726:

    I've never died, so I'm not sure what to believe. That's why I just live my life and whatever happens, happens once I kick the bucket.

    However, religion only exists because people are afraid of death. They can't deal with the possible fact you just rot in the ground when you're dead.
    seems that way doesn't it
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyC726:

    I've never died, so I'm not sure what to believe. That's why I just live my life and whatever happens, happens once I kick the bucket.

    However, religion only exists because people are afraid of death. They can't deal with the possible fact you just rot in the ground when you're dead.
    seems that way doesn't it
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34500
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2015 - 2:23 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_bollox:



    nothing has killed more humans than religion, from the crusades to the protestant reformation to the modern day surge of islamic terrorism.

    I'm not an athiest but you get only one life, when its over, fade to black and someone else gets another shot.

    Obviously this is incorrect.  It is just propagated as fact.  By far the worst century was the previous one.  Simply study it to see this.

    For example, this is a good link to read:

    https://www.crossroad.to/articles2/006/teichrib/war.htm

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_bollox:



    nothing has killed more humans than religion, from the crusades to the protestant reformation to the modern day surge of islamic terrorism.

    I'm not an athiest but you get only one life, when its over, fade to black and someone else gets another shot.

    Obviously this is incorrect.  It is just propagated as fact.  By far the worst century was the previous one.  Simply study it to see this.

    For example, this is a good link to read:

    https://www.crossroad.to/articles2/006/teichrib/war.htm

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34500
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2015 - 2:33 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:

    Don -

    I guess you just don't get it.  Nobody wants to hear you tell us that your beliefs are so important and we should change our views to be more in line with you.  That is exactly what is bad about religion in general.  It's one thing to state your beliefs, it is another to try to persuade or mock others because they don't have the same as you.  I'm hope your creator will grant you a pass after putting up with your crap as well.

    But isn't the converse true as well?  I don't think he was mocking so much as pointing out that sometimes what people believe is funny compared to what they do not believe.  I do not even think he implied his beliefs were more important.

    With your reply to Don you come off sounding like you accuse him of sounding.

    I thought you wanted a discussion/opinions here.  Then when you finally get one guy that disagrees with your view, this was your reply?  This could be interpreted as more bash than discussion.

    I don't agree with Don's liberal political views but I am not sure he should be bashed for being the first to present a dissenting view.   

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:

    Don -

    I guess you just don't get it.  Nobody wants to hear you tell us that your beliefs are so important and we should change our views to be more in line with you.  That is exactly what is bad about religion in general.  It's one thing to state your beliefs, it is another to try to persuade or mock others because they don't have the same as you.  I'm hope your creator will grant you a pass after putting up with your crap as well.

    But isn't the converse true as well?  I don't think he was mocking so much as pointing out that sometimes what people believe is funny compared to what they do not believe.  I do not even think he implied his beliefs were more important.

    With your reply to Don you come off sounding like you accuse him of sounding.

    I thought you wanted a discussion/opinions here.  Then when you finally get one guy that disagrees with your view, this was your reply?  This could be interpreted as more bash than discussion.

    I don't agree with Don's liberal political views but I am not sure he should be bashed for being the first to present a dissenting view.   

     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2015 - 3:49 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by don juan:




    If I told you that a pig could turn into an eagle, you would not believe.


    One time, on the seventh day, I had bacon wrapped chicken fried steak......

    And it was good.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by don juan:




    If I told you that a pig could turn into an eagle, you would not believe.


    One time, on the seventh day, I had bacon wrapped chicken fried steak......

    And it was good.....
     
    don juan
    don juan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2001
    Posts: 5561
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2015 - 5:11 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:

    Don -

    I guess you just don't get it.  Nobody wants to hear you tell "us " that your beliefs are so important and we should change our views to be more in line with you.  That is exactly what is bad about religion in general.  It's one thing to state your beliefs, it is another to try to persuade or mock others because they don't have the same as you.  I'm hope your creator will grant you a pass after putting up with your crap as well.


    You Sportsfan, are the one that posted about religion, and how much you hated it ! Then you used the word " us " as if you needed more non-believers to confirm your stance.

    Look around your country, or any country for that matter. Are you not aware that there's a church on every corner in every city, town, and countryside ? Do you suppose everyone is as ignorant ?

    Trust me, there are far more intelligent people born before you landed on this planet earth.

    Look at the beauty of creation. It's just not luck. You have been given an owners manual also to guide you. But, you prefer to try to figure how to operate in this complex spaceship yourself. You will not succeed because you and other are too arrogant.

    Once you are humble, God will open your eyes and heart.. 

    Like most prisoners, they didn't have a father around to guide them and they still don't believe in a heavenly Father, so they remain blinded.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:

    Don -

    I guess you just don't get it.  Nobody wants to hear you tell "us " that your beliefs are so important and we should change our views to be more in line with you.  That is exactly what is bad about religion in general.  It's one thing to state your beliefs, it is another to try to persuade or mock others because they don't have the same as you.  I'm hope your creator will grant you a pass after putting up with your crap as well.


    You Sportsfan, are the one that posted about religion, and how much you hated it ! Then you used the word " us " as if you needed more non-believers to confirm your stance.

    Look around your country, or any country for that matter. Are you not aware that there's a church on every corner in every city, town, and countryside ? Do you suppose everyone is as ignorant ?

    Trust me, there are far more intelligent people born before you landed on this planet earth.

    Look at the beauty of creation. It's just not luck. You have been given an owners manual also to guide you. But, you prefer to try to figure how to operate in this complex spaceship yourself. You will not succeed because you and other are too arrogant.

    Once you are humble, God will open your eyes and heart.. 

    Like most prisoners, they didn't have a father around to guide them and they still don't believe in a heavenly Father, so they remain blinded.

     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2015 - 6:25 PM ET #19

    Don you are exactly what this post is about.... you want to argue your views.  Just leave the thread please - you don't get it
    Reply
    Don you are exactly what this post is about.... you want to argue your views.  Just leave the thread please - you don't get it
     
    don juan
    don juan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2001
    Posts: 5561
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2015 - 7:20 AM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:

    Don you are exactly what this post is about.... you want to argue your views.  Just leave the thread please - you don't get it

    No, In all due respects,  I think you don't get it. I am stating my views just as you stated your views when you said that you hated religion.

    Nobody is forcing you to believe in a higher power Sportsfan, you have been given that option, obviously. 

    Just don't go around hating other peoples beliefs.

    Hopefully someday you will open your heart and then your eyes will be opened.

    Happy New Year my friend.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:

    Don you are exactly what this post is about.... you want to argue your views.  Just leave the thread please - you don't get it

    No, In all due respects,  I think you don't get it. I am stating my views just as you stated your views when you said that you hated religion.

    Nobody is forcing you to believe in a higher power Sportsfan, you have been given that option, obviously. 

    Just don't go around hating other peoples beliefs.

    Hopefully someday you will open your heart and then your eyes will be opened.

    Happy New Year my friend.

     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2015 - 4:33 AM ET #21

    Reply
     
    schwartzbewithu
    schwartzbewithu
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 268
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2015 - 2:38 PM ET #22

    World war 2 wasnt caused by religion.
    Reply
    World war 2 wasnt caused by religion.
     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2015 - 7:05 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by don juan:


    You Sportsfan, are the one that posted about religion, and how much you hated it ! Then you used the word " us " as if you needed more non-believers to confirm your stance.

    Look around your country, or any country for that matter. Are you not aware that there's a church on every corner in every city, town, and countryside ? Do you suppose everyone is as ignorant ?

    Trust me, there are far more intelligent people born before you landed on this planet earth.

    Look at the beauty of creation. It's just not luck. You have been given an owners manual also to guide you. But, you prefer to try to figure how to operate in this complex spaceship yourself. You will not succeed because you and other are too arrogant.

    Once you are humble, God will open your eyes and heart.. 

    Like most prisoners, they didn't have a father around to guide them and they still don't believe in a heavenly Father, so they remain blinded.


    Awesome post. 

    Why is it that others can notice the speck of dust in another's eye, but ignore the plank which blinds his own? 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by don juan:


    You Sportsfan, are the one that posted about religion, and how much you hated it ! Then you used the word " us " as if you needed more non-believers to confirm your stance.

    Look around your country, or any country for that matter. Are you not aware that there's a church on every corner in every city, town, and countryside ? Do you suppose everyone is as ignorant ?

    Trust me, there are far more intelligent people born before you landed on this planet earth.

    Look at the beauty of creation. It's just not luck. You have been given an owners manual also to guide you. But, you prefer to try to figure how to operate in this complex spaceship yourself. You will not succeed because you and other are too arrogant.

    Once you are humble, God will open your eyes and heart.. 

    Like most prisoners, they didn't have a father around to guide them and they still don't believe in a heavenly Father, so they remain blinded.


    Awesome post. 

    Why is it that others can notice the speck of dust in another's eye, but ignore the plank which blinds his own? 


     
    Ktrain
    Ktrain
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 6580
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2015 - 7:39 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:


    Awesome post. 

    Why is it that others can notice the speck of dust in another's eye, but ignore the plank which blinds his own? 



    I disagree. It's Don's personal opinion, which he is entitled to, backed by no evidence. 

    Add to it that the OP actually admits to believing in a Deity or Creator of some sort. Don is missing the point that the OP has an issue with religion, not necessarily a Deity. 

    I would argue that the best post in this thread is made by Golden Goose in post 5. However, if one makes the argument that a God/Deity/Creator exists, the burden is on that person to prove their argument. 

    I'm always amazed that people are willing to accept a belief in a Deity on faith, yet require evidence as proof for almost every other aspect of life. 

    GimmeMoneyNow also makes an excellent post in #7. It's truly disappointing that there are people incapable of treating others well without a religious doctrine to abide by. It's really not difficult to treat others as you would want to be treated. People don't need a 2000 year old book that can be vague, misinterpreted, and contradictory to lead a good life. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:


    Awesome post. 

    Why is it that others can notice the speck of dust in another's eye, but ignore the plank which blinds his own? 



    I disagree. It's Don's personal opinion, which he is entitled to, backed by no evidence. 

    Add to it that the OP actually admits to believing in a Deity or Creator of some sort. Don is missing the point that the OP has an issue with religion, not necessarily a Deity. 

    I would argue that the best post in this thread is made by Golden Goose in post 5. However, if one makes the argument that a God/Deity/Creator exists, the burden is on that person to prove their argument. 

    I'm always amazed that people are willing to accept a belief in a Deity on faith, yet require evidence as proof for almost every other aspect of life. 

    GimmeMoneyNow also makes an excellent post in #7. It's truly disappointing that there are people incapable of treating others well without a religious doctrine to abide by. It's really not difficult to treat others as you would want to be treated. People don't need a 2000 year old book that can be vague, misinterpreted, and contradictory to lead a good life. 
     
     
    Raiderpug
    Raiderpug
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 3008
    Posted: Jan. 1, 2016 - 5:48 AM ET #25

    If there is a God, IF there is, I think most reasonable people might agree that He is at least incompetent, and maybe, just maybe, doesn't give a garbage. Doesn't give a garbage! Which I admire in a person and which would explain some of these bad results. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. GC
    Reply
    If there is a God, IF there is, I think most reasonable people might agree that He is at least incompetent, and maybe, just maybe, doesn't give a garbage. Doesn't give a garbage! Which I admire in a person and which would explain some of these bad results. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. GC
    All Forums | General Discussion
    123 ... 567 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,355
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 436
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,891
    • PART DEUX 156
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 845
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • Week 6 Money 8,432
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,263
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,256

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.