• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Dumbest thing you have paid/spent money for....

    «First Previous 12
    inFAMOUS-STYLE
    Paulsy
    Randylicious
    SugarDkDaddy
    IronCobra
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1424
    Posts: 44
    «First Previous 12
     
    inFAMOUS-STYLE
    inFAMOUS-STYLE
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 949
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2009 - 2:15 PM ET #26

    Johnny Walker Blue Label....It was alright, but def not worth the price tag.
    Reply
    Johnny Walker Blue Label....It was alright, but def not worth the price tag.
     
    Paulsy
    Paulsy
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 17651
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2009 - 5:53 PM ET #27

    I paid $900 for a High Def receiver when they first came out, now they are free
    Reply
    I paid $900 for a High Def receiver when they first came out, now they are free
     
    Randylicious
    Randylicious
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 2070
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2009 - 7:57 PM ET #28

    GAMBLING
    Reply
    GAMBLING
     
    SugarDkDaddy
    SugarDkDaddy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 554
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2009 - 8:33 PM ET #29

    Money spent on hookers and dancers who I thought loved me.
    Reply
    Money spent on hookers and dancers who I thought loved me.
     
    IronCobra
    IronCobra
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 1416
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2009 - 10:59 PM ET #30

    Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

    My firearms.  Spent about $1,500 on a shotgun, .270 Winchester rifle, Ruger .22 long rifle, and .380 pistol. 
     
    Been hunting twice with my shotgun and once with my .270....been target shooting once with my .22 and once with my .380.  That's about $300 paid for each of the 5 outings I've had with them....that's over the last 10 years or so. 
     
    Only saving grace is I can sell them and get most of my money back anyway. 
     
    Next up would be a boat.  Bought it, had it about 3 years....spent about $12-$14K in payments and upkeep, sold it, and barely broke even. 
     
    Don't EVER make payments on a boat. 
    If it flys floats or fucks, rent it.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

    My firearms.  Spent about $1,500 on a shotgun, .270 Winchester rifle, Ruger .22 long rifle, and .380 pistol. 
     
    Been hunting twice with my shotgun and once with my .270....been target shooting once with my .22 and once with my .380.  That's about $300 paid for each of the 5 outings I've had with them....that's over the last 10 years or so. 
     
    Only saving grace is I can sell them and get most of my money back anyway. 
     
    Next up would be a boat.  Bought it, had it about 3 years....spent about $12-$14K in payments and upkeep, sold it, and barely broke even. 
     
    Don't EVER make payments on a boat. 
    If it flys floats or fucks, rent it.
     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2009 - 11:05 AM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Hutch, you finally got rid of that fuckin boat?
     
     
    Boats are a nightmare.

    COMPLETE nightmare...especially if you don't have a slip to keep it in.  I can't even count on both hands the number of times that thing made me pull my hair out.  Get it in the water....batter is dead.  Replacing props.  $400 to winterize.  The hour you have to spend getting ready and the two hours you have to spend cleaning up after you get in.  And I bought the thing brand new and it only had 100 hours on it when I sold it. 

    I had a roller trailer and one time I was coming home at night and just about back to my house....I hit a pot hole and the boat actually jumped up and landed back on the trailer....cock-eyed.  I had to drive ALL the way back to the lake, back it in the water, re-adjust it on the tailer, and then go back home.  I went to the store and bought tie downs the next morning. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Hutch, you finally got rid of that fuckin boat?
     
     
    Boats are a nightmare.

    COMPLETE nightmare...especially if you don't have a slip to keep it in.  I can't even count on both hands the number of times that thing made me pull my hair out.  Get it in the water....batter is dead.  Replacing props.  $400 to winterize.  The hour you have to spend getting ready and the two hours you have to spend cleaning up after you get in.  And I bought the thing brand new and it only had 100 hours on it when I sold it. 

    I had a roller trailer and one time I was coming home at night and just about back to my house....I hit a pot hole and the boat actually jumped up and landed back on the trailer....cock-eyed.  I had to drive ALL the way back to the lake, back it in the water, re-adjust it on the tailer, and then go back home.  I went to the store and bought tie downs the next morning. 

     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2009 - 11:06 AM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by IronCobra:

    If it flys floats or fucks, rent it.

    A buddy of mine told me about that quote a few years back and it's about as true as it gets. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by IronCobra:

    If it flys floats or fucks, rent it.

    A buddy of mine told me about that quote a few years back and it's about as true as it gets. 

     
    Smokeythebear
    Smokeythebear
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 1268
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2009 - 2:41 PM ET #33

    2000 on two strippers to come back to my hotel room with me, I was so drunk I vaguely remeber it occuring woke up the next morning both were gone and i was out another 500 i had laying on the table like a moron....
    Reply
    2000 on two strippers to come back to my hotel room with me, I was so drunk I vaguely remeber it occuring woke up the next morning both were gone and i was out another 500 i had laying on the table like a moron....
     
    ProtoStar
    ProtoStar
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 412
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2009 - 2:53 PM ET #34

    I'm 32 and have spent probably close to 200k on gambling and drugs since I was 15.  I have not one penny to show for it.
    Reply
    I'm 32 and have spent probably close to 200k on gambling and drugs since I was 15.  I have not one penny to show for it.
     
    ProtoStar
    ProtoStar
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 412
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2009 - 2:55 PM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoStar:

    I'm 32 and have spent probably close to 200k on gambling and drugs since I was 15.  I have not one penny to show for it.
     
    What I do have is an ongoing constant itch to gamble or do drugs which is severely depressing considering that I can't do either because I have no money at all.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoStar:

    I'm 32 and have spent probably close to 200k on gambling and drugs since I was 15.  I have not one penny to show for it.
     
    What I do have is an ongoing constant itch to gamble or do drugs which is severely depressing considering that I can't do either because I have no money at all.
     
    ApacheM
    ApacheM
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 14473
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2009 - 3:58 PM ET #36

     A horse, 6 sheep,and a boat.
    Reply
     A horse, 6 sheep,and a boat.
     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2009 - 4:06 PM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoStar:

    I'm 32 and have spent probably close to 200k on gambling and drugs since I was 15.  I have not one penny to show for it.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoStar:

    I'm 32 and have spent probably close to 200k on gambling and drugs since I was 15.  I have not one penny to show for it.

     
    kingofthewin
    kingofthewin
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 3733
    Posted: Mar. 16, 2009 - 3:44 PM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by MaineRoad:

    College.


    i second that...education is the dumbest shit ive paid for....$58k  and im going to pay it all back with money off the books
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineRoad:

    College.


    i second that...education is the dumbest shit ive paid for....$58k  and im going to pay it all back with money off the books
     
    chilitokid
    chilitokid
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 10399
    Posted: Mar. 16, 2009 - 3:58 PM ET #39

    Has anyone ever bought a chiapet (cha cha cha chia)
    Reply
    Has anyone ever bought a chiapet (cha cha cha chia)
     
    chillery
    chillery
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 8290
    Posted: Mar. 16, 2009 - 6:30 PM ET #40

    A $10 hand job from a had to be 45 - 55 year old momma san in a massage house in Okinawa, as a young innocent 18 year old Marine.   The regular message was $20, the $10 was extra for the hand job.   To get layed was an extra $20, but I wasn't gonna stick my dick in someone who was older than my mother, so the hand job was appropriate.
    Reply
    A $10 hand job from a had to be 45 - 55 year old momma san in a massage house in Okinawa, as a young innocent 18 year old Marine.   The regular message was $20, the $10 was extra for the hand job.   To get layed was an extra $20, but I wasn't gonna stick my dick in someone who was older than my mother, so the hand job was appropriate.
     
    joeythetuna
    joeythetuna
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1588
    Posted: Mar. 19, 2009 - 10:02 AM ET #41

    very easy question for me,,,new set of left handed mind you, women's golf clubs and golf lessons for my exwife--- who begged me to let her learn to play so we could spend more time together........she took exactly one lesson which she quit half way into, and decided it was not for her, she will stick to shopping when I play,,,cha ching,,,,,,cost me thousands to play that damn game when I was married to her
    Reply
    very easy question for me,,,new set of left handed mind you, women's golf clubs and golf lessons for my exwife--- who begged me to let her learn to play so we could spend more time together........she took exactly one lesson which she quit half way into, and decided it was not for her, she will stick to shopping when I play,,,cha ching,,,,,,cost me thousands to play that damn game when I was married to her
     
    Lucious-Jones
    Lucious-Jones
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 16
    Posted: Mar. 21, 2009 - 5:13 PM ET #42

    A marriage license
     
    Reply
    A marriage license
     
     
    godux05
    godux05
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2005
    Posts: 411
    Posted: Mar. 22, 2009 - 2:54 AM ET #43

    Wedding ring. She already had an engagement ring!
    Reply
    Wedding ring. She already had an engagement ring!
     
     
    tazs_crew
    tazs_crew
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 25932
    Posted: Mar. 22, 2009 - 3:34 AM ET #44

    hello fellas

    good thread

    i don't know where to start or end....
    Reply
    hello fellas

    good thread

    i don't know where to start or end....
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,260
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,230
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,436
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,607
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,190
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 113
    • Trump's legacy? 32,958
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,108

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.