• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    CRYPTO

    «First Previous 161718 ... 232425 Next Last»
    superbeets
    vanzack
    wallstreetcappers
    ZiggyDawg
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2166
    Posts: 613
    «First Previous 161718 ... 232425 Next Last»
     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 13, 2024 - 8:17 PM ET #376

    @wallstreetcappers

     I don’t know .. but I don’t think it would impact BTC since it’s a solana coin BUT as stated earlier , I can’t find much on it so not sure 

     

    That’s a freaky chart huh ?   I wish I would have saw that.  I’m pissed as I follow things closely and I follow pump fun.  I would have definitely made a large investment on the movement and holders .. I just can’t put anything into a 1.8 B MC at this point.  Doesn’t make since.  I may regret it.  We will see.  

    Reply

    @wallstreetcappers

     I don’t know .. but I don’t think it would impact BTC since it’s a solana coin BUT as stated earlier , I can’t find much on it so not sure 

     

    That’s a freaky chart huh ?   I wish I would have saw that.  I’m pissed as I follow things closely and I follow pump fun.  I would have definitely made a large investment on the movement and holders .. I just can’t put anything into a 1.8 B MC at this point.  Doesn’t make since.  I may regret it.  We will see.  

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 14, 2024 - 6:27 AM ET #377

    @wallstreetcappers

     I guess I was wrong about not trusting Pnut but I always use caution ..  I would rather gain a little than lose a lot any day. I’m happy for the people who got in that.  They are RiCH.. hell that few hundo I put in is doing great can’t imagine what serious money would do.  It got a CDC listing (crypto com).  It will send it pretty soon I’m sure.. happy for them an_cheers

    Reply

    @wallstreetcappers

     I guess I was wrong about not trusting Pnut but I always use caution ..  I would rather gain a little than lose a lot any day. I’m happy for the people who got in that.  They are RiCH.. hell that few hundo I put in is doing great can’t imagine what serious money would do.  It got a CDC listing (crypto com).  It will send it pretty soon I’m sure.. happy for them an_cheers

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 14, 2024 - 6:31 AM ET #378

    There are the days you live for in crypto.  Bull market is probably getting close or has started..

     Sit back and ENJOY.. remember will not be straight up , there will be some hick ups but the end goal for GOOD COINS is the same ..  dollar signs bigsmile

    Everything is up win

    Reply

    There are the days you live for in crypto.  Bull market is probably getting close or has started..

     Sit back and ENJOY.. remember will not be straight up , there will be some hick ups but the end goal for GOOD COINS is the same ..  dollar signs bigsmile

    Everything is up win

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 14, 2024 - 7:13 AM ET #379

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyDawg:

    @ superbeets   I love Robinhood too. I think it’s funny how it still has a bad reputation with so many people. That fiasco happened a while ago already and I still find that whole thing ( stopping buy orders on one side but let the other side sell) downright hilarious. Imagine treating your customers that way ! lol   I’ve only been using Robinhood for a year and a half and I’ve never had a problem and don’t expect to see any in the future. It’s nice and user friendly and I can easily log in and see my portfolio’s worth in real time. I’ll stick to it.   I’m glad they started to allow trading in other cryptocurrencies like PEPE and Solana. I had to open accounts in Kraken and Coinbase because they didn’t deal Solana.

     

    We think alike .. yeah if I was CEO of RH I would have done same thing .. Kitty was something they had never seen before ..u have to protect your other customers by not going under..  nobody didn’t get paid they just couldn’t keep running it up , basically …lol

     

    RH is awesome peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyDawg:

    @ superbeets   I love Robinhood too. I think it’s funny how it still has a bad reputation with so many people. That fiasco happened a while ago already and I still find that whole thing ( stopping buy orders on one side but let the other side sell) downright hilarious. Imagine treating your customers that way ! lol   I’ve only been using Robinhood for a year and a half and I’ve never had a problem and don’t expect to see any in the future. It’s nice and user friendly and I can easily log in and see my portfolio’s worth in real time. I’ll stick to it.   I’m glad they started to allow trading in other cryptocurrencies like PEPE and Solana. I had to open accounts in Kraken and Coinbase because they didn’t deal Solana.

     

    We think alike .. yeah if I was CEO of RH I would have done same thing .. Kitty was something they had never seen before ..u have to protect your other customers by not going under..  nobody didn’t get paid they just couldn’t keep running it up , basically …lol

     

    RH is awesome peace_5

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 14, 2024 - 8:24 AM ET #380

    PONKE starting the climb …. Up 30+% 

     

    Turbo not far behind 20+%

     

    an_woo

    Reply

    PONKE starting the climb …. Up 30+% 

     

    Turbo not far behind 20+%

     

    an_woo

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2024 - 4:14 PM ET #381

    MSTR up 13% on a BTC flat day.

    Reason?  They bought 51k more btc over the weekend.

    Its just a revolving door....
    1.  Issue convertible bonds (at 0% interest), collect tons of cash
    2.  Dilute stock to also raise cash
    3.  Buy BTC
    4.  Stockholder BTC value goes up
    5.  Repeat

    an_cheers

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    MSTR up 13% on a BTC flat day.

    Reason?  They bought 51k more btc over the weekend.

    Its just a revolving door....
    1.  Issue convertible bonds (at 0% interest), collect tons of cash
    2.  Dilute stock to also raise cash
    3.  Buy BTC
    4.  Stockholder BTC value goes up
    5.  Repeat

    an_cheers

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2024 - 4:52 PM ET #382

    @vanzack

     

     To me it is reckless and has huge potential risk but if it pans out the stock will do very well. Its a moon or implosion scenario, the underlying business is not worth say 30 a share maybe more like 20 and the rest is a levered risk BTC play and not an extremely efficient one either.

    A more pure play is either own BTC or buy a very low expense fee ETF like IBIT or there are levered BTC options too but those likely have contagion risk and higher fees.

    Reply

    @vanzack

     

     To me it is reckless and has huge potential risk but if it pans out the stock will do very well. Its a moon or implosion scenario, the underlying business is not worth say 30 a share maybe more like 20 and the rest is a levered risk BTC play and not an extremely efficient one either.

    A more pure play is either own BTC or buy a very low expense fee ETF like IBIT or there are levered BTC options too but those likely have contagion risk and higher fees.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2024 - 5:08 PM ET #383

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @vanzack    To me it is reckless and has huge potential risk but if it pans out the stock will do very well. Its a moon or implosion scenario, the underlying business is not worth say 30 a share maybe more like 20 and the rest is a levered risk BTC play and not an extremely efficient one either. A more pure play is either own BTC or buy a very low expense fee ETF like IBIT or there are levered BTC options too but those likely have contagion risk and higher fees.

    All debt (bonds) are 100% unsecured.

    That is the kicker.

    They have a line of people waiting to give them money at 0%, that is unsecured.

    That has to be the first time in human history.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @vanzack    To me it is reckless and has huge potential risk but if it pans out the stock will do very well. Its a moon or implosion scenario, the underlying business is not worth say 30 a share maybe more like 20 and the rest is a levered risk BTC play and not an extremely efficient one either. A more pure play is either own BTC or buy a very low expense fee ETF like IBIT or there are levered BTC options too but those likely have contagion risk and higher fees.

    All debt (bonds) are 100% unsecured.

    That is the kicker.

    They have a line of people waiting to give them money at 0%, that is unsecured.

    That has to be the first time in human history.

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2024 - 5:41 PM ET #384

    @vanzack

     Yup I dont see it myself, its fun to root for investors who might make a big return but I do not see the value in the debt holders return. I think the only reason why people are willing to take zero interest is that the debt is convertible so based on the conversion price there could be large upside. Mikey is not shy about wrecking shareholder equity so he does not care about diluting the common into the stratosphere and that is what could easily happen and especially if some limit clauses kick in.

    What I mean by that is the debt has covenants and I have not read them in this case but all unsecured debt has restrictions and limits so if say BTC goes below a certain threshold then the debt holders can convert into common shares and depending on what those levels are and what the conversion ratios are it could get dicey very easily.

    Some unsecured debt even has kickers that make it callable if the majority of the holders agree. Ive owned a few stocks where unsecured debt is what crushed the company into pieces and the holders took over the company, and now that Mikey keeps diluting he is no longer the majority holder and that risk could mean he cannot decide the financial path of the company. 

    I keep thinking that there is a tipping point on all this debt and at some point there will be but given that BTC keeps going up he can keep averaging up (which is bonkers to increase the average purchase price of BTC) and the game can continue. 

    Reply

    @vanzack

     Yup I dont see it myself, its fun to root for investors who might make a big return but I do not see the value in the debt holders return. I think the only reason why people are willing to take zero interest is that the debt is convertible so based on the conversion price there could be large upside. Mikey is not shy about wrecking shareholder equity so he does not care about diluting the common into the stratosphere and that is what could easily happen and especially if some limit clauses kick in.

    What I mean by that is the debt has covenants and I have not read them in this case but all unsecured debt has restrictions and limits so if say BTC goes below a certain threshold then the debt holders can convert into common shares and depending on what those levels are and what the conversion ratios are it could get dicey very easily.

    Some unsecured debt even has kickers that make it callable if the majority of the holders agree. Ive owned a few stocks where unsecured debt is what crushed the company into pieces and the holders took over the company, and now that Mikey keeps diluting he is no longer the majority holder and that risk could mean he cannot decide the financial path of the company. 

    I keep thinking that there is a tipping point on all this debt and at some point there will be but given that BTC keeps going up he can keep averaging up (which is bonkers to increase the average purchase price of BTC) and the game can continue. 

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2024 - 8:39 PM ET #385

    @wallstreetcappers

    Thanks for the insight.

    I think what you are saying is as long as BTC goes up, there are clear skies ahead for MSTR.

    an_wink

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    @wallstreetcappers

    Thanks for the insight.

    I think what you are saying is as long as BTC goes up, there are clear skies ahead for MSTR.

    an_wink

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2024 - 9:26 AM ET #386

    Ponke hit $0.81 today. peace_5

    That’s at least a 2-3x from when we started talking about it ..  if you got in earlier , it’s an_dance

     

    Still a bunch more to go an_cheers

    Reply

    Ponke hit $0.81 today. peace_5

    That’s at least a 2-3x from when we started talking about it ..  if you got in earlier , it’s an_dance

     

    Still a bunch more to go an_cheers

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2024 - 10:39 AM ET #387

    @vanzack

     As long as he doesnt keep bumping his average buy price too close to spot price. Yeah as long as BTC goes up MSTR should move higher too.

    Another stock I follow MARA has been doing the MSTR debt/buy scheme and they did a 1B debt deal yesterday and I read over the details of the unsecured terms and it is as I mentioned above the kicker is the conversion price. So in this case MARA is at like 19 per share now and the conversion price is 26 so someone who owns the debt has a call option on MARA at 26 and anything higher than 26 they are in the money. The debt is due in 2030 so you get your principal back at least by then and you own a call option at 26 and will profit off that. 

    Just for comparison I looked up on their options chain and the cost to buy a 27 strike call option for 2027 is 9 bucks or 900 per 100 shares. So someone could use options and sell naked calls to generate income knowing they have a call option in theory on the debt. If BTC keeps going up the debt holders here will do very well.

    Reply

    @vanzack

     As long as he doesnt keep bumping his average buy price too close to spot price. Yeah as long as BTC goes up MSTR should move higher too.

    Another stock I follow MARA has been doing the MSTR debt/buy scheme and they did a 1B debt deal yesterday and I read over the details of the unsecured terms and it is as I mentioned above the kicker is the conversion price. So in this case MARA is at like 19 per share now and the conversion price is 26 so someone who owns the debt has a call option on MARA at 26 and anything higher than 26 they are in the money. The debt is due in 2030 so you get your principal back at least by then and you own a call option at 26 and will profit off that. 

    Just for comparison I looked up on their options chain and the cost to buy a 27 strike call option for 2027 is 9 bucks or 900 per 100 shares. So someone could use options and sell naked calls to generate income knowing they have a call option in theory on the debt. If BTC keeps going up the debt holders here will do very well.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2024 - 10:45 AM ET #388

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @vanzack  As long as he doesnt keep bumping his average buy price too close to spot price. Yeah as long as BTC goes up MSTR should move higher too. Another stock I follow MARA has been doing the MSTR debt/buy scheme and they did a 1B debt deal yesterday and I read over the details of the unsecured terms and it is as I mentioned above the kicker is the conversion price. So in this case MARA is at like 19 per share now and the conversion price is 26 so someone who owns the debt has a call option on MARA at 26 and anything higher than 26 they are in the money. The debt is due in 2030 so you get your principal back at least by then and you own a call option at 26 and will profit off that.  Just for comparison I looked up on their options chain and the cost to buy a 27 strike call option for 2027 is 9 bucks or 900 per 100 shares. So someone could use options and sell naked calls to generate income knowing they have a call option in theory on the debt. If BTC keeps going up the debt holders here will do very well.

    I saw MARA doing the same thing.

    The advantage MSTR has is they are earliest to the party.  They already own 1.5% of the worlds BTC.  Not sure how anyone can catch them, but being 2nd to the party is way better than being 200,000th.

    Because if you believe in the concept - then every company will buy BTC at some point.  Not as their primary business - but as a way to store their wealth that is inflationary proof.

    I think this is what people misunderstand about BTC.  It is not going to replace the dollar (or fiat in general), it will coexist.  Fiat is for smaller transactions, BTC is a store of wealth.  Example:  If a company has 100m in dollars, they can choose to keep it and be exposed to 7% US govt printing per year + inflation, which devalues their 100m in a year to 90m.  But if you put it in BTC, then take it back out in a year, you have 110M in USD - because BTC will not deflate.

    This example of course is stripped of any premium on hype, reddit, bitcoin bros, or anything else.  This is static price BTC.

    peace_5

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @vanzack  As long as he doesnt keep bumping his average buy price too close to spot price. Yeah as long as BTC goes up MSTR should move higher too. Another stock I follow MARA has been doing the MSTR debt/buy scheme and they did a 1B debt deal yesterday and I read over the details of the unsecured terms and it is as I mentioned above the kicker is the conversion price. So in this case MARA is at like 19 per share now and the conversion price is 26 so someone who owns the debt has a call option on MARA at 26 and anything higher than 26 they are in the money. The debt is due in 2030 so you get your principal back at least by then and you own a call option at 26 and will profit off that.  Just for comparison I looked up on their options chain and the cost to buy a 27 strike call option for 2027 is 9 bucks or 900 per 100 shares. So someone could use options and sell naked calls to generate income knowing they have a call option in theory on the debt. If BTC keeps going up the debt holders here will do very well.

    I saw MARA doing the same thing.

    The advantage MSTR has is they are earliest to the party.  They already own 1.5% of the worlds BTC.  Not sure how anyone can catch them, but being 2nd to the party is way better than being 200,000th.

    Because if you believe in the concept - then every company will buy BTC at some point.  Not as their primary business - but as a way to store their wealth that is inflationary proof.

    I think this is what people misunderstand about BTC.  It is not going to replace the dollar (or fiat in general), it will coexist.  Fiat is for smaller transactions, BTC is a store of wealth.  Example:  If a company has 100m in dollars, they can choose to keep it and be exposed to 7% US govt printing per year + inflation, which devalues their 100m in a year to 90m.  But if you put it in BTC, then take it back out in a year, you have 110M in USD - because BTC will not deflate.

    This example of course is stripped of any premium on hype, reddit, bitcoin bros, or anything else.  This is static price BTC.

    peace_5

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2024 - 10:46 AM ET #389

    TO THE MOON BOYS!

    an_horse

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    TO THE MOON BOYS!

    an_horse

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2024 - 12:12 PM ET #390

    @vanzack

     I think BTC cannot be what it MIGHT have been given that financial instruments were created that remove the supply feature and that to me was its greatest attribute. Now a futures trader or firm can either go long to infinity or short and that impacts all other markets and thus the price. People were rushing to seek futures and ETFs because it meant a sign of wide adoption, well that just is not true because only professionals and institutions use futures and ETFs are not deep enough to impact supply and demand and it introduced leverage through futures and through products (there are leveraged funds now and it will likely get worse in number as this goes on).

    The greatest risk on MSTR is as he keeps leveraging he keeps diluting himself and if he loses that all in ability through his voting percentage and if things ever do go south it might get messy, plus he will have to keep rolling out converts over and over and over to keep the party going and what happens with the new converts is they are converted at either higher numbers or there will be associated interest due. Meaning say right now the converts are based on near market price, so the batch he just did is probably around 300 per share maybe higher but lets just say 300...well when those come due and the guy isnt going to pay off the convert debt he will roll it forward, why would a debt holder want to own a zero coupon debt at a higher convert price when the debt being rolled forward was lower previously? I would bet his earlier converts were at lower convert prices as the stock was in the 200s and below at that time so if Mike wants to roll new debt out and NOT convert well those terms wont be as good for the holder. And the more he issues the more leveraged the company becomes and the less he will own of it.

     

    Reply

    @vanzack

     I think BTC cannot be what it MIGHT have been given that financial instruments were created that remove the supply feature and that to me was its greatest attribute. Now a futures trader or firm can either go long to infinity or short and that impacts all other markets and thus the price. People were rushing to seek futures and ETFs because it meant a sign of wide adoption, well that just is not true because only professionals and institutions use futures and ETFs are not deep enough to impact supply and demand and it introduced leverage through futures and through products (there are leveraged funds now and it will likely get worse in number as this goes on).

    The greatest risk on MSTR is as he keeps leveraging he keeps diluting himself and if he loses that all in ability through his voting percentage and if things ever do go south it might get messy, plus he will have to keep rolling out converts over and over and over to keep the party going and what happens with the new converts is they are converted at either higher numbers or there will be associated interest due. Meaning say right now the converts are based on near market price, so the batch he just did is probably around 300 per share maybe higher but lets just say 300...well when those come due and the guy isnt going to pay off the convert debt he will roll it forward, why would a debt holder want to own a zero coupon debt at a higher convert price when the debt being rolled forward was lower previously? I would bet his earlier converts were at lower convert prices as the stock was in the 200s and below at that time so if Mike wants to roll new debt out and NOT convert well those terms wont be as good for the holder. And the more he issues the more leveraged the company becomes and the less he will own of it.

     

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2024 - 12:13 PM ET #391

    @superbeets

     So what are you doing with these moves lately are you holding these alts or are you selling into the moves they are making? 

    Reply

    @superbeets

     So what are you doing with these moves lately are you holding these alts or are you selling into the moves they are making? 

     
    ZiggyDawg
    ZiggyDawg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 5532
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2024 - 1:21 PM ET #392

    MSTR up 9%     an_popcorn

    Reply

    MSTR up 9%     an_popcorn

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2024 - 2:38 PM ET #393

    @wallstreetcappers

     I’m holding big bags of them … I can’t say that I will not trade them if right price comes up but I’m priced out of “day trading them now”.  Once it hit my mark I will sell it and convert to BTC for long haul.  What I have in some of these can be very very very good , let’s just say.  I’m not in crap projects so I trust it.  I’m free rolling into everything basically so if I get another 5x-10x then it will be converted.  That’s a minimum prediction IMO

    I’ve been playing in the “jungle” last few days. I can’t believe that someone with your background doesn’t do it.  I have ZERO experience before 2017 ….  Ive been trading these non stop for last few days .. it’s a grind I will say but you can make a “year salary in a week” .. the market is so freaking wild right now. Almost every coin that is coming to market is hitting multi million dollar MCs.. I’m getting these at 80k-100k MC.  I don’t buy all them but if I see them on X or tick tok and there is “backing” I will give it a go

    Reply

    @wallstreetcappers

     I’m holding big bags of them … I can’t say that I will not trade them if right price comes up but I’m priced out of “day trading them now”.  Once it hit my mark I will sell it and convert to BTC for long haul.  What I have in some of these can be very very very good , let’s just say.  I’m not in crap projects so I trust it.  I’m free rolling into everything basically so if I get another 5x-10x then it will be converted.  That’s a minimum prediction IMO

    I’ve been playing in the “jungle” last few days. I can’t believe that someone with your background doesn’t do it.  I have ZERO experience before 2017 ….  Ive been trading these non stop for last few days .. it’s a grind I will say but you can make a “year salary in a week” .. the market is so freaking wild right now. Almost every coin that is coming to market is hitting multi million dollar MCs.. I’m getting these at 80k-100k MC.  I don’t buy all them but if I see them on X or tick tok and there is “backing” I will give it a go

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2024 - 2:43 PM ET #394

    @wallstreetcappers

     Only reason I don’t post them all is I don’t want a newbie to buy it ( for some reason if they read this ) and NOT know what to do.  Then they say “superbeets” scammed them.  I know you know what I’m talking about.  

    But you got my email..I’ll send u over the sites and u can watch it.  

    Here is one that I did very well in today :

    ANGUS - that’s the ticket for Solana .. got into this at 110k MC.  It’s running. Already cashed my investment plus a 100% return and will let the rest ride 

     

    Reply

    @wallstreetcappers

     Only reason I don’t post them all is I don’t want a newbie to buy it ( for some reason if they read this ) and NOT know what to do.  Then they say “superbeets” scammed them.  I know you know what I’m talking about.  

    But you got my email..I’ll send u over the sites and u can watch it.  

    Here is one that I did very well in today :

    ANGUS - that’s the ticket for Solana .. got into this at 110k MC.  It’s running. Already cashed my investment plus a 100% return and will let the rest ride 

     

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2024 - 2:50 PM ET #395

    Quote Originally Posted by superbeets:

    @wallstreetcappers  Only reason I don’t post them all is I don’t want a newbie to buy it ( for some reason if they read this ) and NOT know what to do.  Then they say “superbeets” scammed them.  I know you know what I’m talking about.   But you got my email..I’ll send u over the sites and u can watch it.   Here is one that I did very well in today : ANGUS - that’s the ticket for Solana .. got into this at 110k MC.  It’s running. Already cashed my investment plus a 100% return and will let the rest ride

     

    It’s done around 1100% … I’ve been watching closely   May be pulling soon if enough wallets don’t start catching it 

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by superbeets:

    @wallstreetcappers  Only reason I don’t post them all is I don’t want a newbie to buy it ( for some reason if they read this ) and NOT know what to do.  Then they say “superbeets” scammed them.  I know you know what I’m talking about.   But you got my email..I’ll send u over the sites and u can watch it.   Here is one that I did very well in today : ANGUS - that’s the ticket for Solana .. got into this at 110k MC.  It’s running. Already cashed my investment plus a 100% return and will let the rest ride

     

    It’s done around 1100% … I’ve been watching closely   May be pulling soon if enough wallets don’t start catching it 

     

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2024 - 3:31 PM ET #396

    @superbeets

     Yeah I like shooting craps still but over the years my risk profile has shifted a bit, not that I dont have some risk stuff and in fact almost all I have is too much risk but the low quality super high risk stuff Ive been staying away from for the last few years and thankfully so. I dont post my stuff on here because other members have abused what I have posted because it gives them a reward that I lost on something when they feel like they were boxed or banned so going back a long ways I used to post stocks all the time and when it became a means of attacks and slander and insult I just decided not to continue doing so. 

    I went through an early phase a LONG time ago of risky high reward all loss stuff and Ive traded Forex and options (still do those) and futures almost any instrument for investing Ive played around with and now I have settled in on a niche that works better when less damaging implosion risk. I probably should take some gains I have this year and play around with some of the stuff you mention. The problems I have are that it takes TIME to research and learn, when I get into something I want to understand and know what and why, I like to look for an edge or a way to try and help reduce mistakes and avoid public traps so part of why I havent gone into the casino of crypto is the learning curve about all the projects. I can tell just from what little research I have done that the alt space is just the pink sheets meme stocks options players wet dream that it is total hype and scheme and manipulation...that freaks me out to think that all this full risk full loss stuff exists and it is completely unregulated and completely open range for whatever manipulation anyone can come up with. Its like all the bad aspects of the investment markets and none of the regulation and zero recourse...that is very very very very dangerous. Second is I hate the cost and hoop jumping, it bugs me alot. It means that to play in the casino you are paying multiple vigs to do so and I hate that...really hate it. If there were a no cost path in and one could go in ONE door and play ANY coin then yeah I would probably have done so already but it bugs me like crazy getting vigged up and down just to participate.

     

    Reply

    @superbeets

     Yeah I like shooting craps still but over the years my risk profile has shifted a bit, not that I dont have some risk stuff and in fact almost all I have is too much risk but the low quality super high risk stuff Ive been staying away from for the last few years and thankfully so. I dont post my stuff on here because other members have abused what I have posted because it gives them a reward that I lost on something when they feel like they were boxed or banned so going back a long ways I used to post stocks all the time and when it became a means of attacks and slander and insult I just decided not to continue doing so. 

    I went through an early phase a LONG time ago of risky high reward all loss stuff and Ive traded Forex and options (still do those) and futures almost any instrument for investing Ive played around with and now I have settled in on a niche that works better when less damaging implosion risk. I probably should take some gains I have this year and play around with some of the stuff you mention. The problems I have are that it takes TIME to research and learn, when I get into something I want to understand and know what and why, I like to look for an edge or a way to try and help reduce mistakes and avoid public traps so part of why I havent gone into the casino of crypto is the learning curve about all the projects. I can tell just from what little research I have done that the alt space is just the pink sheets meme stocks options players wet dream that it is total hype and scheme and manipulation...that freaks me out to think that all this full risk full loss stuff exists and it is completely unregulated and completely open range for whatever manipulation anyone can come up with. Its like all the bad aspects of the investment markets and none of the regulation and zero recourse...that is very very very very dangerous. Second is I hate the cost and hoop jumping, it bugs me alot. It means that to play in the casino you are paying multiple vigs to do so and I hate that...really hate it. If there were a no cost path in and one could go in ONE door and play ANY coin then yeah I would probably have done so already but it bugs me like crazy getting vigged up and down just to participate.

     

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2024 - 2:02 PM ET #397

    @wallstreetcappers

     It’s been absolutely insane with these new solana coins.  I mean insane !!!

     

    almost everything that’s coming though is getting a 10x minimum.. I’ve seen several already do a 100x   I was not in those but had a 25x for my highest .. I can’t leave my money in for that long .. too scary   Greed kills people.. I know I lose money but I don’t want to be rugged   

    My only concern is the amounts of money that is playing around down here..  there is billions of dollars being thrown around in the very low cap coins .. my concern is with the amount of coins that the big push will not hit the “good” coins.. again that’s just a “theory”   I still FIRMLY believe we will have a great showing for the “good” coins..  just as I’ve said before , may not be the 100x and 1000x shiba /doge days.. I would not keep my money in them if I was concerned .. and  I have concerning amounts of money in them an_roll_laugh

     

    Reply

    @wallstreetcappers

     It’s been absolutely insane with these new solana coins.  I mean insane !!!

     

    almost everything that’s coming though is getting a 10x minimum.. I’ve seen several already do a 100x   I was not in those but had a 25x for my highest .. I can’t leave my money in for that long .. too scary   Greed kills people.. I know I lose money but I don’t want to be rugged   

    My only concern is the amounts of money that is playing around down here..  there is billions of dollars being thrown around in the very low cap coins .. my concern is with the amount of coins that the big push will not hit the “good” coins.. again that’s just a “theory”   I still FIRMLY believe we will have a great showing for the “good” coins..  just as I’ve said before , may not be the 100x and 1000x shiba /doge days.. I would not keep my money in them if I was concerned .. and  I have concerning amounts of money in them an_roll_laugh

     

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2024 - 4:54 PM ET #398

    @superbeets

     Agree with your reply and that is why I said these alt coins are like the pink sheets and OTCBB stocks but in a larger multiple AND not regulated AND no recourse AND high fee structures AND hoops you jump through AND the potential for theft. Crypto has all the risks of the pink sheets and so much more. Its nutzo to me to take that level of risk and cost and hassle but as you say TONS of people are doing it.

    The other thing is the reason why those alts are moving is people are buying them not that there is any true value creation its just supply and demand and there will be a ton of people that get royally screwed by tossing money into the crypto-casino and are not prudent and not the proper research to try and limit risk. There are too many decimal places in these, that scares the crap out of me.

    an_roll_laugh

    Reply

    @superbeets

     Agree with your reply and that is why I said these alt coins are like the pink sheets and OTCBB stocks but in a larger multiple AND not regulated AND no recourse AND high fee structures AND hoops you jump through AND the potential for theft. Crypto has all the risks of the pink sheets and so much more. Its nutzo to me to take that level of risk and cost and hassle but as you say TONS of people are doing it.

    The other thing is the reason why those alts are moving is people are buying them not that there is any true value creation its just supply and demand and there will be a ton of people that get royally screwed by tossing money into the crypto-casino and are not prudent and not the proper research to try and limit risk. There are too many decimal places in these, that scares the crap out of me.

    an_roll_laugh

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 21, 2024 - 6:05 AM ET #399

    100K btc incoming 

    an_horse

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    100K btc incoming 

    an_horse

     
     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 21, 2024 - 8:55 AM ET #400

    an_cheers

    100K is right around the corner 

    Reply

    an_cheers

    100K is right around the corner 

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 161718 ... 232425 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,884
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 442
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,600
    • MLB Playoffs 16,901
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,189
    • PART DEUX 135
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,361
    • Week 6 Money 5,575
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,245
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,146

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.