• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    CRYPTO

    «First Previous 141516 ... 232425 Next Last»
    superbeets
    ZiggyDawg
    wallstreetcappers
    vanzack
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2166
    Posts: 613
    «First Previous 141516 ... 232425 Next Last»
     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 7:51 AM ET #326

    Van -peace_5

    WSC- Cowboys are who they are .. they need to start the rebuild and play for draft.  Injuries on defense has killed them… they will have a new staff next year.  They need to play for 2 year plan. 

    As for crypto -  it’s not too late.  People will say I should have bought at 80k when it hits 125-150k because it WILL by next summer at latest.  Maybe sooner. Plus the meme coin market just hit 80 billion. That’s nothing. I will be shocked if it doesn’t hit a trillion by end of Q125

    Reply

    Van -peace_5

    WSC- Cowboys are who they are .. they need to start the rebuild and play for draft.  Injuries on defense has killed them… they will have a new staff next year.  They need to play for 2 year plan. 

    As for crypto -  it’s not too late.  People will say I should have bought at 80k when it hits 125-150k because it WILL by next summer at latest.  Maybe sooner. Plus the meme coin market just hit 80 billion. That’s nothing. I will be shocked if it doesn’t hit a trillion by end of Q125

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 12:00 PM ET #327

    83k an_happydude

    Reply

    83k an_happydude

     
    ZiggyDawg
    ZiggyDawg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 5532
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 1:38 PM ET #328

    1:30 pm , $84,990  BTC moneybag

    Reply

    1:30 pm , $84,990  BTC moneybag

     
    ZiggyDawg
    ZiggyDawg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 5532
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 1:40 PM ET #329

    MicroStrategy    (MSTR) up 20%

    Reply

    MicroStrategy    (MSTR) up 20%

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 1:53 PM ET #330

    86k knocking..

    Shorts getting wrecked on futures and ETFs this last week or so.

    Reply

    86k knocking..

    Shorts getting wrecked on futures and ETFs this last week or so.

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 2:04 PM ET #331

    @ZiggyDawg

     

    @wallstreetcappers

     
    it’s a great time to be in crypto for the next 6-8 months.  I’m not talking to you two when I say this but to others who are thinking about it .. when u get into the market right now don’t get discouraged when u wake up and your account is down for a day or a week or whatever , that’s the way it works.  Just do NOT sell.  It will come back if you are in good projects !!  Buy when the market is red.  I’ll be honest , it’s not a good time to buy right now for short term folks. Long term it’s great time.  This upwards trend will keep going but it will NOT be like this everyday during the journey.  There will be corrections all the time.  peace_5

    Reply

    @ZiggyDawg

     

    @wallstreetcappers

     
    it’s a great time to be in crypto for the next 6-8 months.  I’m not talking to you two when I say this but to others who are thinking about it .. when u get into the market right now don’t get discouraged when u wake up and your account is down for a day or a week or whatever , that’s the way it works.  Just do NOT sell.  It will come back if you are in good projects !!  Buy when the market is red.  I’ll be honest , it’s not a good time to buy right now for short term folks. Long term it’s great time.  This upwards trend will keep going but it will NOT be like this everyday during the journey.  There will be corrections all the time.  peace_5

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 2:15 PM ET #332

    Agree the time to buy is not when the volumes are spiking and shorts are covering, thats when you are either in and happy or just in awe of the move.

     

    Reply

    Agree the time to buy is not when the volumes are spiking and shorts are covering, thats when you are either in and happy or just in awe of the move.

     

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 6:29 PM ET #333

    Every so often I read this thread for a laugh.

    $30 to 88k.

    Hard to fathom.

    https://www.covers.com/forum/general-discussion-35/bitcoins-for-gambling-101567609

    an_horse

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Every so often I read this thread for a laugh.

    $30 to 88k.

    Hard to fathom.

    https://www.covers.com/forum/general-discussion-35/bitcoins-for-gambling-101567609

    an_horse

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 6:30 PM ET #334

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @vanzack  You are the Neo of Covers crypto so you can say almost anything and it will be revered. Kinda ticked that Mt.Gox scared me away from giving it a go long long back when we first started the topic.

    an_praise

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @vanzack  You are the Neo of Covers crypto so you can say almost anything and it will be revered. Kinda ticked that Mt.Gox scared me away from giving it a go long long back when we first started the topic.

    an_praise

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 6:33 PM ET #335

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyDawg:

    MicroStrategy    (MSTR) up 20%

    I love MSTR. Been in it for about six months and the ride has been crazy.

    From what I understand, it is currently trading at a premium of about three times, if you assume microstrategies value is solely as a Bitcoin ETF. 

    Does that concern any of you guys? If that premium flattened, and reflected the true distribution of their Bitcoin holdings to their shareholders it would be about a third of the price. 

    There's nothing to say that a stock has to trade at its true price, stocks trade with premiums all the time, just wondering if you guys had any thoughts over long-term mstr rather than short-term mstr.

    an_cheers

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyDawg:

    MicroStrategy    (MSTR) up 20%

    I love MSTR. Been in it for about six months and the ride has been crazy.

    From what I understand, it is currently trading at a premium of about three times, if you assume microstrategies value is solely as a Bitcoin ETF. 

    Does that concern any of you guys? If that premium flattened, and reflected the true distribution of their Bitcoin holdings to their shareholders it would be about a third of the price. 

    There's nothing to say that a stock has to trade at its true price, stocks trade with premiums all the time, just wondering if you guys had any thoughts over long-term mstr rather than short-term mstr.

    an_cheers

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 7:26 PM ET #336

    @vanzack

     Keep an eye on the true value of MSTR because their BTC holdings are not equity in full to the company. Saylor borrowed for pretty much all of the purchases and has not repaid any of the debt he accrued for the BTC buys. You have to look at his average price then subtract from current value to get the equity he has. That means the real multiple is much higher than just the market cap vs full BTC equity. 

    So for example say that Mikey has an average price buy at 40k, I think that is pretty close that means at 90k his equity is 50k per and then you multiply the whatever number he has and that is the equity they own. The core business is probably worth 1B and he should not sell the software because then the whole enterprise is just a leveraged BTC bet and that is way too much corporate risk IMO.

    Stocks can sell over fair value a LONG LONG time, so not saying MSTR is going to crash but at some point gravity hits and valuations settle in but that could be a long ways out.

    Reply

    @vanzack

     Keep an eye on the true value of MSTR because their BTC holdings are not equity in full to the company. Saylor borrowed for pretty much all of the purchases and has not repaid any of the debt he accrued for the BTC buys. You have to look at his average price then subtract from current value to get the equity he has. That means the real multiple is much higher than just the market cap vs full BTC equity. 

    So for example say that Mikey has an average price buy at 40k, I think that is pretty close that means at 90k his equity is 50k per and then you multiply the whatever number he has and that is the equity they own. The core business is probably worth 1B and he should not sell the software because then the whole enterprise is just a leveraged BTC bet and that is way too much corporate risk IMO.

    Stocks can sell over fair value a LONG LONG time, so not saying MSTR is going to crash but at some point gravity hits and valuations settle in but that could be a long ways out.

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 8:04 PM ET #337

    @vanzack

     PTSD in effect.  I hate looking at that thread man an_shake.. an_roll_laugh

     

    it’s definitely life changing .. what i know now and what I “would” of done , generational wealth .. BUT good thing is the same theory still applies.  Obviously the amount of gains then to now will not be there but you can still get a 1000-2000% gain in a 10-20 year span ..  BTC will be a million dollars within 10 years.  I firmly believe that ..and from there , who knows …

    Reply

    @vanzack

     PTSD in effect.  I hate looking at that thread man an_shake.. an_roll_laugh

     

    it’s definitely life changing .. what i know now and what I “would” of done , generational wealth .. BUT good thing is the same theory still applies.  Obviously the amount of gains then to now will not be there but you can still get a 1000-2000% gain in a 10-20 year span ..  BTC will be a million dollars within 10 years.  I firmly believe that ..and from there , who knows …

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 8:05 PM ET #338

    As for micro strategy , I’m staying out of that conversation.  I don’t follow it or know anything about it ..  but sounds good peace_5

    Reply

    As for micro strategy , I’m staying out of that conversation.  I don’t follow it or know anything about it ..  but sounds good peace_5

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 8:32 PM ET #339

    $WOLF did a 50% plus  gain today 

     

    My 17 yr old kid out smarted me today.. he moved some Solana over today that I gave them and made a good $500 today ..then he moved his original investment back and kept 250 in Wolf ( start DCA) and  moved rest into BTC.. I was on the fence so I didn’t do it .. an_brick

     

    Nothing makes me happier than young people making money and not wasting their life on video games !!! I of course get a say for another year of his life so I can ax a silly move BUT to this day , he has been very smart with what he is doing .. I love it !!! 

    Reply

    $WOLF did a 50% plus  gain today 

     

    My 17 yr old kid out smarted me today.. he moved some Solana over today that I gave them and made a good $500 today ..then he moved his original investment back and kept 250 in Wolf ( start DCA) and  moved rest into BTC.. I was on the fence so I didn’t do it .. an_brick

     

    Nothing makes me happier than young people making money and not wasting their life on video games !!! I of course get a say for another year of his life so I can ax a silly move BUT to this day , he has been very smart with what he is doing .. I love it !!! 

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 8:41 PM ET #340

    IMO 

    you will see Ponke and Turbo take the next moves.  Wolf was set up from yesterday as it was done consolidating..

    I have a strong feeling that both these will do a minimum 10x from current price.  That’s being very conservative.   It’s about to be crazy with these 2 coins.  I hope I’m right bigsmile

     

    on another note :

     

    the little forgotten chain CRONOS has gotten a boost .. that fairs well for the CAW coin that’s their “shiba” type token.  Talked about it back in June.  Finally has woken up an_wink

    Reply

    IMO 

    you will see Ponke and Turbo take the next moves.  Wolf was set up from yesterday as it was done consolidating..

    I have a strong feeling that both these will do a minimum 10x from current price.  That’s being very conservative.   It’s about to be crazy with these 2 coins.  I hope I’m right bigsmile

     

    on another note :

     

    the little forgotten chain CRONOS has gotten a boost .. that fairs well for the CAW coin that’s their “shiba” type token.  Talked about it back in June.  Finally has woken up an_wink

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 9:03 PM ET #341

    BTC just hit 90k an_woo

    Reply

    BTC just hit 90k an_woo

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 9:10 PM ET #342

    90k BITCOIN

    very good for the whole crypto market !!!

     

    Pretty soon:

    4k Eth

    smart money is for ETH for short term .. you will get a higher return on investment .. almost 40% WTD vs 31% WTD for BTC

    Reply

    90k BITCOIN

    very good for the whole crypto market !!!

     

    Pretty soon:

    4k Eth

    smart money is for ETH for short term .. you will get a higher return on investment .. almost 40% WTD vs 31% WTD for BTC

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 12, 2024 - 12:59 PM ET #343

    Flat day in crypto 

     

    These are the days you look to enter the market .. if you are looking at charts , you try to figure out resistance lines and find best spot ( what you feel will be the lowest ) and BUY BUY BUY ..

    I know I sound like a broken record BUT always buy on RED.. kinda what I said in an above post , those euphoric days are not the best to buy on.. the flat downs is where u make money.  

    This is just me but I’m opening the gates on Ponke and Turbo, that doesn’t mean I’m buying at this second but I have buys ready to go once they get to a point ( could be today , tomorrow or whenever ). Also will dabble in the BASE chain.  

     

     

    Reply

    Flat day in crypto 

     

    These are the days you look to enter the market .. if you are looking at charts , you try to figure out resistance lines and find best spot ( what you feel will be the lowest ) and BUY BUY BUY ..

    I know I sound like a broken record BUT always buy on RED.. kinda what I said in an above post , those euphoric days are not the best to buy on.. the flat downs is where u make money.  

    This is just me but I’m opening the gates on Ponke and Turbo, that doesn’t mean I’m buying at this second but I have buys ready to go once they get to a point ( could be today , tomorrow or whenever ). Also will dabble in the BASE chain.  

     

     

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 12, 2024 - 3:41 PM ET #344

    Thanks for the responses on MSTR.  I am learning as much as I can.

    From what I understand....

    MSTR creates "yield" for the shareholder in BTC.  In English - and from my understanding - this means that the shares outstanding divided by the bitcoin owned increases without them actually buying btc.  They talk alot about yield - and I dont quite understand it fully yet.

    What I think I do understand is that MSTR should trade at about 2X of BTC - up or down.  I am doing deep dive due diligence and will report back what I learn.

    peace_5

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Thanks for the responses on MSTR.  I am learning as much as I can.

    From what I understand....

    MSTR creates "yield" for the shareholder in BTC.  In English - and from my understanding - this means that the shares outstanding divided by the bitcoin owned increases without them actually buying btc.  They talk alot about yield - and I dont quite understand it fully yet.

    What I think I do understand is that MSTR should trade at about 2X of BTC - up or down.  I am doing deep dive due diligence and will report back what I learn.

    peace_5

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 12, 2024 - 3:42 PM ET #345

    And for the record also....

    I am only in BTC and BTC derivatives.  I cant speak intelligently on other crypto.

    peace_5

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    And for the record also....

    I am only in BTC and BTC derivatives.  I cant speak intelligently on other crypto.

    peace_5

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Nov. 12, 2024 - 3:55 PM ET #346

    @vanzack

     They have not divulged how they are generating yield but I noticed that their yield grab was lowered from I think 17 down to 7-10 percent, they had a release about that a bit ago. To me that yield is coming from them using financial instruments to generate yield, kind of like covered calls for stock. So I would guess that Mikey is selling futures short and taking the premium and that is generating a rate of return or yield.

    I sell covered calls on stocks regularly and I would imagine he is probably selling futures way out of the money or maybe selling puts of some sort. I think he is a total degenerate gambler and he likes to run that risk. He is a total risk on investor and he is either going to make a ton or get blown out of the water, the leverage he uses guarantees he will either make a killing or get wrecked. I remember last year when BTC was well under his average cost there was some rumors that the debt covenants were that the equity of his holdings needed to be over a certain ratio and if that ratio got too low the debt could be called immediately and he would have lost it all. I dont know how close he came but I have to think it was a tough time for him mentally.

    Reply

    @vanzack

     They have not divulged how they are generating yield but I noticed that their yield grab was lowered from I think 17 down to 7-10 percent, they had a release about that a bit ago. To me that yield is coming from them using financial instruments to generate yield, kind of like covered calls for stock. So I would guess that Mikey is selling futures short and taking the premium and that is generating a rate of return or yield.

    I sell covered calls on stocks regularly and I would imagine he is probably selling futures way out of the money or maybe selling puts of some sort. I think he is a total degenerate gambler and he likes to run that risk. He is a total risk on investor and he is either going to make a ton or get blown out of the water, the leverage he uses guarantees he will either make a killing or get wrecked. I remember last year when BTC was well under his average cost there was some rumors that the debt covenants were that the equity of his holdings needed to be over a certain ratio and if that ratio got too low the debt could be called immediately and he would have lost it all. I dont know how close he came but I have to think it was a tough time for him mentally.

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Nov. 12, 2024 - 4:28 PM ET #347

    After doing a little more reading, Mikey I think is using the term yield as a rate of return on the current price of BTC vs his holding price, not that he is generating a yield outside of just holding the crypto. When i think of yield I am not thinking about an increase in price on the asset rather as a supplement in addition to the asset. So all my yacking about futures and puts etc is based on what I call yield versus an increase in the value of BTC they hold.

    I still have to think they are using derivatives to juice his return, he is too smart to just hold BTC and not try to make more off holding it than appreciation.

    Reply

    After doing a little more reading, Mikey I think is using the term yield as a rate of return on the current price of BTC vs his holding price, not that he is generating a yield outside of just holding the crypto. When i think of yield I am not thinking about an increase in price on the asset rather as a supplement in addition to the asset. So all my yacking about futures and puts etc is based on what I call yield versus an increase in the value of BTC they hold.

    I still have to think they are using derivatives to juice his return, he is too smart to just hold BTC and not try to make more off holding it than appreciation.

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 13, 2024 - 7:58 AM ET #348

    PEPE

     

    Something looks real fishy about the chart .. this thing could explode any day.  Lock and Loaded.. once it can hold above 150 line ( may take 3-5 days ) ,.. it will be shooting past ATHs and keep going IMO

    Reply

    PEPE

     

    Something looks real fishy about the chart .. this thing could explode any day.  Lock and Loaded.. once it can hold above 150 line ( may take 3-5 days ) ,.. it will be shooting past ATHs and keep going IMO

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 13, 2024 - 8:52 AM ET #349

    Quote Originally Posted by superbeets:

    PEPE   Something looks real fishy about the chart .. this thing could explode any day.  Lock and Loaded.. once it can hold above 150 line ( may take 3-5 days ) ,.. it will be shooting past ATHs and keep going IMO

     

    And there it went !!

    Just jumped 30% within an hour to 162…. This will be epic IMO

     

    That chart seemed like it was brewing for an explosion ..  let’s see where it ends up moneybag

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by superbeets:

    PEPE   Something looks real fishy about the chart .. this thing could explode any day.  Lock and Loaded.. once it can hold above 150 line ( may take 3-5 days ) ,.. it will be shooting past ATHs and keep going IMO

     

    And there it went !!

    Just jumped 30% within an hour to 162…. This will be epic IMO

     

    That chart seemed like it was brewing for an explosion ..  let’s see where it ends up moneybag

     
     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 13, 2024 - 9:04 AM ET #350

    Pepe has almost 7 BILLION in 24 hour volume.  That is wild for a meme coin.  This will make millionaires when it’s all said and done

    Reply

    Pepe has almost 7 BILLION in 24 hour volume.  That is wild for a meme coin.  This will make millionaires when it’s all said and done

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 141516 ... 232425 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,881
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 442
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,599
    • MLB Playoffs 16,898
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,187
    • PART DEUX 135
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,361
    • Week 6 Money 5,561
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,245
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,146

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.