• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Asking for acceptance

    «First Previous 567 ... 252627 Next Last»
    ProtoStar
    SALTY
    jmw59
    Slobbasaurus
    eastbounddown
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 77589
    Posts: 660
    «First Previous 567 ... 252627 Next Last»
     
    ProtoStar
    ProtoStar
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 412
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2010 - 2:37 AM ET #101

    i went 1-3 today.  Now I'm very depressed.  So depressed I think I will not get out of bed tomorrow.  Thankfully the time has come for me to take my meds and it wont be long until the pain is gone.  Never get addicted to any kind of drug, it is horrible and will destroy your life.  You will be sad and anxious all the time. 

    I just want to start over again.  From age 12.  This is where it all started to go wrong.  I want to wake up from this long nightmare and be 12 again and start on the right path.  But its not to be.  I'm stuck here and the future is flying at me like a light beam.  Fuck me i am screwed. 

    My wife gave me 1k to bet with.  I know I will end up trying to hit 4 in a row.  I will probably lose a game in the process and then will want to end it. 
    Reply
    i went 1-3 today.  Now I'm very depressed.  So depressed I think I will not get out of bed tomorrow.  Thankfully the time has come for me to take my meds and it wont be long until the pain is gone.  Never get addicted to any kind of drug, it is horrible and will destroy your life.  You will be sad and anxious all the time. 

    I just want to start over again.  From age 12.  This is where it all started to go wrong.  I want to wake up from this long nightmare and be 12 again and start on the right path.  But its not to be.  I'm stuck here and the future is flying at me like a light beam.  Fuck me i am screwed. 

    My wife gave me 1k to bet with.  I know I will end up trying to hit 4 in a row.  I will probably lose a game in the process and then will want to end it. 
     
    SALTY
    SALTY
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 4800
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2010 - 2:55 AM ET #102

    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoStar:

    i went 1-3 today.  Now I'm very depressed.  So depressed I think I will not get out of bed tomorrow.  Thankfully the time has come for me to take my meds and it wont be long until the pain is gone.  Never get addicted to any kind of drug, it is horrible and will destroy your life.  You will be sad and anxious all the time. 

    I just want to start over again.  From age 12.  This is where it all started to go wrong.  I want to wake up from this long nightmare and be 12 again and start on the right path.  But its not to be.  I'm stuck here and the future is flying at me like a light beam.  Fuck me i am screwed. 

    My wife gave me 1k to bet with.  I know I will end up trying to hit 4 in a row.  I will probably lose a game in the process and then will want to end it. 

    Proto......I have given you a hard time like many others

    You have to know by making some of the claims you have made completely from fantasyland you are gonna get that here.

    I even like how you have put on your homepage that shooting the dirt is your interests

    You are somewhat like a bloody trainwreck that people cant looking at. Just promise us that if your so called wife leaves you after you lose her so called 1k. Keep us updated if you get the urge to practice rope knot tying not that anyone want you to hurt yourself for real......You are just so damn entertaining man

    Your either a great writer that knows your audience, or a guy losers call loser. Its hard to tell but keep up the good work.

    shooting the dirt

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoStar:

    i went 1-3 today.  Now I'm very depressed.  So depressed I think I will not get out of bed tomorrow.  Thankfully the time has come for me to take my meds and it wont be long until the pain is gone.  Never get addicted to any kind of drug, it is horrible and will destroy your life.  You will be sad and anxious all the time. 

    I just want to start over again.  From age 12.  This is where it all started to go wrong.  I want to wake up from this long nightmare and be 12 again and start on the right path.  But its not to be.  I'm stuck here and the future is flying at me like a light beam.  Fuck me i am screwed. 

    My wife gave me 1k to bet with.  I know I will end up trying to hit 4 in a row.  I will probably lose a game in the process and then will want to end it. 

    Proto......I have given you a hard time like many others

    You have to know by making some of the claims you have made completely from fantasyland you are gonna get that here.

    I even like how you have put on your homepage that shooting the dirt is your interests

    You are somewhat like a bloody trainwreck that people cant looking at. Just promise us that if your so called wife leaves you after you lose her so called 1k. Keep us updated if you get the urge to practice rope knot tying not that anyone want you to hurt yourself for real......You are just so damn entertaining man

    Your either a great writer that knows your audience, or a guy losers call loser. Its hard to tell but keep up the good work.

    shooting the dirt

     

     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2010 - 10:12 AM ET #103

    Quote Originally Posted by dopalicous:

    One for the archives for sure.



    no shit bro = pure genius  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dopalicous:

    One for the archives for sure.



    no shit bro = pure genius  
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2010 - 10:28 AM ET #104

    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoStar:

    i went 1-3 today.  Now I'm very depressed.  So depressed I think I will not get out of bed tomorrow.  Thankfully the time has come for me to take my meds and it wont be long until the pain is gone.  Never get addicted to any kind of drug, it is horrible and will destroy your life.  You will be sad and anxious all the time. 

    I just want to start over again.  From age 12.  This is where it all started to go wrong.  I want to wake up from this long nightmare and be 12 again and start on the right path.  But its not to be.  I'm stuck here and the future is flying at me like a light beam.  Fuck me i am screwed. 

    My wife gave me 1k to bet with.  I know I will end up trying to hit 4 in a row.  I will probably lose a game in the process and then will want to end it. 

    Ever think to man up and grow a pair? 

    Or whine to strangers on the internet.  That seems healthy and proactive.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoStar:

    i went 1-3 today.  Now I'm very depressed.  So depressed I think I will not get out of bed tomorrow.  Thankfully the time has come for me to take my meds and it wont be long until the pain is gone.  Never get addicted to any kind of drug, it is horrible and will destroy your life.  You will be sad and anxious all the time. 

    I just want to start over again.  From age 12.  This is where it all started to go wrong.  I want to wake up from this long nightmare and be 12 again and start on the right path.  But its not to be.  I'm stuck here and the future is flying at me like a light beam.  Fuck me i am screwed. 

    My wife gave me 1k to bet with.  I know I will end up trying to hit 4 in a row.  I will probably lose a game in the process and then will want to end it. 

    Ever think to man up and grow a pair? 

    Or whine to strangers on the internet.  That seems healthy and proactive.

     
    eastbounddown
    eastbounddown
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 123
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2010 - 11:27 AM ET #105

    Social Anxiety and Gambling go hand in hand in many cases. First you need to accept yourself all the good and the bad. Nobody can make you feel better you have to make yourself better. Try to bet less and exercise & interact with people more. Think of being in a social situation as a bet you must win and just do it! Things can only get better best of luck
    Reply
    Social Anxiety and Gambling go hand in hand in many cases. First you need to accept yourself all the good and the bad. Nobody can make you feel better you have to make yourself better. Try to bet less and exercise & interact with people more. Think of being in a social situation as a bet you must win and just do it! Things can only get better best of luck
     
    banans
    banans
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 4705
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2010 - 11:42 AM ET #106

    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoStar:

    I am as depressed as it gets.  I sleep 14 hours a day at least.  Its my only peaceful time.  Watching college football with no bankroll is like having Scarlett Johanssen naked and bent over my couch begging me to stick it in her ass but for whatever reason I can't move or talk.  It's torture. 
    if gambling doesn't work out for you, there is always standup comedy. This is pure gold. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoStar:

    I am as depressed as it gets.  I sleep 14 hours a day at least.  Its my only peaceful time.  Watching college football with no bankroll is like having Scarlett Johanssen naked and bent over my couch begging me to stick it in her ass but for whatever reason I can't move or talk.  It's torture. 
    if gambling doesn't work out for you, there is always standup comedy. This is pure gold. 
     
    tim1604
    tim1604
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 708
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2010 - 12:30 PM ET #107

    shooting the dirt all night long all night
    Reply
    shooting the dirt all night long all night
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2010 - 1:24 PM ET #108

    Quote Originally Posted by eastbounddown:

    Social Anxiety and Gambling go hand in hand in many cases. First you need to accept yourself all the good and the bad. Nobody can make you feel better you have to make yourself better. Try to bet less and exercise & interact with people more. Think of being in a social situation as a bet you must win and just do it! Things can only get better best of luck



    good advice here
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by eastbounddown:

    Social Anxiety and Gambling go hand in hand in many cases. First you need to accept yourself all the good and the bad. Nobody can make you feel better you have to make yourself better. Try to bet less and exercise & interact with people more. Think of being in a social situation as a bet you must win and just do it! Things can only get better best of luck



    good advice here
     
    ProtoStar
    ProtoStar
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 412
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2010 - 8:01 AM ET #109

    eastbound that was excellent advice.  I tried using it with a girl I met at an NA meeting.  I told myself, if you get this girl to like you and want to fornicate, you are going to win back your 17 thousand dollar bankroll.  But just as I was winning the social contest I realized that even if the girl was going to like me I wasnt going to get 1 penny of my bankroll back for it.  I lost all hope and went silent.  This freaked her out some and she left.  I then lost it.  I was shooting the dirt with a beautiful girl and doing a good job but then I failed.  Again.  I felt like I had just been kicked in the nuts.  What a dork I am. 

    It reminds me of the past.  The 90s and early 2000s.  I could just go to a party and get drunk and stoned and shoot the dirt with any gorgeous girl and take it home if you catch my drift.  No longer.  To the younger guys here, hold on to the time, because the time will change and you will be sorry.  Memories will be the only thing left.  Billy Joel said it best.

    THE TIME TO REMEMBER

    I still have the 1k my wife gave me to gamble with.  I don't want to deposit it until I have a lock.  I went 3-1 yesterday in the NBA contest and screamed when I realized that I picked a loser.  My wife came running and found another hole in the wall and I was on the bed, crying.  There are 17 holes now and she said if I get to 20 I have to leave but where would I go?  Hold on to the good times boys because it will not last forever.
    Reply
    eastbound that was excellent advice.  I tried using it with a girl I met at an NA meeting.  I told myself, if you get this girl to like you and want to fornicate, you are going to win back your 17 thousand dollar bankroll.  But just as I was winning the social contest I realized that even if the girl was going to like me I wasnt going to get 1 penny of my bankroll back for it.  I lost all hope and went silent.  This freaked her out some and she left.  I then lost it.  I was shooting the dirt with a beautiful girl and doing a good job but then I failed.  Again.  I felt like I had just been kicked in the nuts.  What a dork I am. 

    It reminds me of the past.  The 90s and early 2000s.  I could just go to a party and get drunk and stoned and shoot the dirt with any gorgeous girl and take it home if you catch my drift.  No longer.  To the younger guys here, hold on to the time, because the time will change and you will be sorry.  Memories will be the only thing left.  Billy Joel said it best.

    THE TIME TO REMEMBER

    I still have the 1k my wife gave me to gamble with.  I don't want to deposit it until I have a lock.  I went 3-1 yesterday in the NBA contest and screamed when I realized that I picked a loser.  My wife came running and found another hole in the wall and I was on the bed, crying.  There are 17 holes now and she said if I get to 20 I have to leave but where would I go?  Hold on to the good times boys because it will not last forever.
     
    swahili
    swahili
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2000
    Posts: 771
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2010 - 8:42 AM ET #110

    think you should cut back on the meds
    Reply
    think you should cut back on the meds
     
    RonRu
    RonRu
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 77
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2010 - 10:05 AM ET #111

    Wow... you lost 17K gambling and now there's 17 holes in the sheetrock....

    17 is a nice number...

    Hey Protostar ... I have a nice handyman for you ...

    He can fix those holes in the wall and shoot the dirt with you at the same time.....

    Reply

    Wow... you lost 17K gambling and now there's 17 holes in the sheetrock....

    17 is a nice number...

    Hey Protostar ... I have a nice handyman for you ...

    He can fix those holes in the wall and shoot the dirt with you at the same time.....

     
    eastbounddown
    eastbounddown
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 123
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2010 - 10:17 AM ET #112

    ProtoStar if you are for real and not just bullshitting everyone I can relate. However what i said does not mean you should try to cheat on your wife with random women at meetings. If you want to do that be a man and get a divorce!
    Reply
    ProtoStar if you are for real and not just bullshitting everyone I can relate. However what i said does not mean you should try to cheat on your wife with random women at meetings. If you want to do that be a man and get a divorce!
     
    Jaysvdubwhat
    Jaysvdubwhat
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2008
    Posts: 23787
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2010 - 7:51 PM ET #113

    protostar

    you have become my idol

    thank you
    Reply
    protostar

    you have become my idol

    thank you
     
    cmo1037
    cmo1037
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 4080
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2010 - 8:17 PM ET #114

    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoStar:

    eastbound that was excellent advice.  I tried using it with a girl I met at an NA meeting.  I told myself, if you get this girl to like you and want to fornicate, you are going to win back your 17 thousand dollar bankroll.  But just as I was winning the social contest I realized that even if the girl was going to like me I wasnt going to get 1 penny of my bankroll back for it.  I lost all hope and went silent.  This freaked her out some and she left.  I then lost it.  I was shooting the dirt with a beautiful girl and doing a good job but then I failed.  Again.  I felt like I had just been kicked in the nuts.  What a dork I am. 

    It reminds me of the past.  The 90s and early 2000s.  I could just go to a party and get drunk and stoned and shoot the dirt with any gorgeous girl and take it home if you catch my drift.  No longer.  To the younger guys here, hold on to the time, because the time will change and you will be sorry.  Memories will be the only thing left.  Billy Joel said it best.

    THE TIME TO REMEMBER

    I still have the 1k my wife gave me to gamble with.  I don't want to deposit it until I have a lock.  I went 3-1 yesterday in the NBA contest and screamed when I realized that I picked a loser.  My wife came running and found another hole in the wall and I was on the bed, crying.  There are 17 holes now and she said if I get to 20 I have to leave but where would I go?  Hold on to the good times boys because it will not last forever.


    God that song is terrible, is that the shit you listen to? Good God!  Besides, he wrote that song about his dog, everyone knows that.

    you can win all your money back by walking around stores and betting people that you can punch a hole into the wall, start your bets at $5 or $10 bucks, you know you're good at punching holes in walls, i say run with it
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoStar:

    eastbound that was excellent advice.  I tried using it with a girl I met at an NA meeting.  I told myself, if you get this girl to like you and want to fornicate, you are going to win back your 17 thousand dollar bankroll.  But just as I was winning the social contest I realized that even if the girl was going to like me I wasnt going to get 1 penny of my bankroll back for it.  I lost all hope and went silent.  This freaked her out some and she left.  I then lost it.  I was shooting the dirt with a beautiful girl and doing a good job but then I failed.  Again.  I felt like I had just been kicked in the nuts.  What a dork I am. 

    It reminds me of the past.  The 90s and early 2000s.  I could just go to a party and get drunk and stoned and shoot the dirt with any gorgeous girl and take it home if you catch my drift.  No longer.  To the younger guys here, hold on to the time, because the time will change and you will be sorry.  Memories will be the only thing left.  Billy Joel said it best.

    THE TIME TO REMEMBER

    I still have the 1k my wife gave me to gamble with.  I don't want to deposit it until I have a lock.  I went 3-1 yesterday in the NBA contest and screamed when I realized that I picked a loser.  My wife came running and found another hole in the wall and I was on the bed, crying.  There are 17 holes now and she said if I get to 20 I have to leave but where would I go?  Hold on to the good times boys because it will not last forever.


    God that song is terrible, is that the shit you listen to? Good God!  Besides, he wrote that song about his dog, everyone knows that.

    you can win all your money back by walking around stores and betting people that you can punch a hole into the wall, start your bets at $5 or $10 bucks, you know you're good at punching holes in walls, i say run with it
     
    dopalicous
    dopalicous
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 3468
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2010 - 10:26 PM ET #115

    Shooting the dirt...
    Reply
    Shooting the dirt...
     
    SOBLATANT
    SOBLATANT
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2008
    Posts: 1408
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2010 - 10:27 PM ET #116

    Quote Originally Posted by SALTY:

    ProtoStar for President!!!!!!!!!!

    I even have you a slogan for the campaign

    "Just an everyday guy who wants to *shoot the dirt* with you"

    Vote for me because I am a liar just like almost all the other politicians.

    Plus I can get funding from investors on sports sites with no business plans. But my 4-1 win record speaks for itself!

    And yes I am so pitiful that I am beating offers off with a stick. My psycologist is going to be proud of my progress

     



    it looks like you are one of two people that realize this guy is taking everybody for a ride with this incredible bullshit story.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SALTY:

    ProtoStar for President!!!!!!!!!!

    I even have you a slogan for the campaign

    "Just an everyday guy who wants to *shoot the dirt* with you"

    Vote for me because I am a liar just like almost all the other politicians.

    Plus I can get funding from investors on sports sites with no business plans. But my 4-1 win record speaks for itself!

    And yes I am so pitiful that I am beating offers off with a stick. My psycologist is going to be proud of my progress

     



    it looks like you are one of two people that realize this guy is taking everybody for a ride with this incredible bullshit story.
     
    jfio626
    jfio626
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 3971
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2010 - 10:54 PM ET #117

    sup bro?
    Reply
    sup bro?
     
    hitterno24
    hitterno24
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 24217
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2010 - 1:47 AM ET #118

    Reply
     
    koman22
    koman22
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 324
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2010 - 2:04 PM ET #119

    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoStar:

    eastbound that was excellent advice.  I tried using it with a girl I met at an NA meeting.  I told myself, if you get this girl to like you and want to fornicate, you are going to win back your 17 thousand dollar bankroll.  But just as I was winning the social contest I realized that even if the girl was going to like me I wasnt going to get 1 penny of my bankroll back for it.  I lost all hope and went silent.  This freaked her out some and she left.  I then lost it.  I was shooting the dirt with a beautiful girl and doing a good job but then I failed.  Again.  I felt like I had just been kicked in the nuts.  What a dork I am. 

    It reminds me of the past.  The 90s and early 2000s.  I could just go to a party and get drunk and stoned and shoot the dirt with any gorgeous girl and take it home if you catch my drift.  No longer.  To the younger guys here, hold on to the time, because the time will change and you will be sorry.  Memories will be the only thing left.  Billy Joel said it best.

    THE TIME TO REMEMBER

    I still have the 1k my wife gave me to gamble with.  I don't want to deposit it until I have a lock.  I went 3-1 yesterday in the NBA contest and screamed when I realized that I picked a loser.  My wife came running and found another hole in the wall and I was on the bed, crying.  There are 17 holes now and she said if I get to 20 I have to leave but where would I go?  Hold on to the good times boys because it will not last forever.

    Lol at "if I get to 20". Your wife sounds cool enough if she is going to let you punch a few more holes in her wall and gives you money. Forget about the random girl at the meeting and stick with what you have. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoStar:

    eastbound that was excellent advice.  I tried using it with a girl I met at an NA meeting.  I told myself, if you get this girl to like you and want to fornicate, you are going to win back your 17 thousand dollar bankroll.  But just as I was winning the social contest I realized that even if the girl was going to like me I wasnt going to get 1 penny of my bankroll back for it.  I lost all hope and went silent.  This freaked her out some and she left.  I then lost it.  I was shooting the dirt with a beautiful girl and doing a good job but then I failed.  Again.  I felt like I had just been kicked in the nuts.  What a dork I am. 

    It reminds me of the past.  The 90s and early 2000s.  I could just go to a party and get drunk and stoned and shoot the dirt with any gorgeous girl and take it home if you catch my drift.  No longer.  To the younger guys here, hold on to the time, because the time will change and you will be sorry.  Memories will be the only thing left.  Billy Joel said it best.

    THE TIME TO REMEMBER

    I still have the 1k my wife gave me to gamble with.  I don't want to deposit it until I have a lock.  I went 3-1 yesterday in the NBA contest and screamed when I realized that I picked a loser.  My wife came running and found another hole in the wall and I was on the bed, crying.  There are 17 holes now and she said if I get to 20 I have to leave but where would I go?  Hold on to the good times boys because it will not last forever.

    Lol at "if I get to 20". Your wife sounds cool enough if she is going to let you punch a few more holes in her wall and gives you money. Forget about the random girl at the meeting and stick with what you have. 
     
    SALTY
    SALTY
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 4800
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2010 - 9:57 PM ET #120

    Quote Originally Posted by koman22:


    Lol at "if I get to 20". Your wife sounds cool enough if she is going to let you punch a few more holes in her wall and gives you money. Forget about the random girl at the meeting and stick with what you have. 

    I agree 

    I would stick with the fictional bitch you have now.

    Because she may not want to "shoot the dirt" with you. But she will give $1k to a guy who lost a $17k bankroll

    A pretty risky move giving $1k to a dude giving his bank account info out to guys on the internet who say they are gonna back you because of your 4-1 record

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by koman22:


    Lol at "if I get to 20". Your wife sounds cool enough if she is going to let you punch a few more holes in her wall and gives you money. Forget about the random girl at the meeting and stick with what you have. 

    I agree 

    I would stick with the fictional bitch you have now.

    Because she may not want to "shoot the dirt" with you. But she will give $1k to a guy who lost a $17k bankroll

    A pretty risky move giving $1k to a dude giving his bank account info out to guys on the internet who say they are gonna back you because of your 4-1 record

     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55718
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2010 - 10:02 PM ET #121

    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoStar:

    I feel the need to socialize.  I am a shut in.  I go to the grocery store and feel like I want to talk to the people there and all the pretty girls but then again I think they would think I was weird for doing that even though I am a good looking tall guy.  I also go to the convenience store to buy lottery tickets and to visit the Redbox they have to rent DVD's.  Please accept me here so I can shoot the dirt with you guys.

    Welcome

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoStar:

    I feel the need to socialize.  I am a shut in.  I go to the grocery store and feel like I want to talk to the people there and all the pretty girls but then again I think they would think I was weird for doing that even though I am a good looking tall guy.  I also go to the convenience store to buy lottery tickets and to visit the Redbox they have to rent DVD's.  Please accept me here so I can shoot the dirt with you guys.

    Welcome

     
    SALTY
    SALTY
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 4800
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2010 - 10:13 PM ET #122

    One of the more popular threads in a while and it has a good storyline

    Even funnier is that he is wanting acceptance and just wants to "shoot the dirt"

    But this poor sap still has no friends on his friends list

    Reply

    One of the more popular threads in a while and it has a good storyline

    Even funnier is that he is wanting acceptance and just wants to "shoot the dirt"

    But this poor sap still has no friends on his friends list

     
    koman22
    koman22
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 324
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2010 - 10:17 PM ET #123

    Quote Originally Posted by SALTY:

    I agree 

    I would stick with the fictional bitch you have now.

    Because she may not want to "shoot the dirt" with you. But she will give $1k to a guy who lost a $17k bankroll

    A pretty risky move giving $1k to a dude giving his bank account info out to guys on the internet who say they are gonna back you because of your 4-1 record


    It had been a while since I read about the 17k so I totally forgot about that. What does your "wife" do for a living? I'm assuming that's where you found the 17k. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SALTY:

    I agree 

    I would stick with the fictional bitch you have now.

    Because she may not want to "shoot the dirt" with you. But she will give $1k to a guy who lost a $17k bankroll

    A pretty risky move giving $1k to a dude giving his bank account info out to guys on the internet who say they are gonna back you because of your 4-1 record


    It had been a while since I read about the 17k so I totally forgot about that. What does your "wife" do for a living? I'm assuming that's where you found the 17k. 
     
    Iw1nBets
    Iw1nBets
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 58493
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2010 - 10:23 PM ET #124

    interesting read
    Reply
    interesting read
     
     
    mrusso
    mrusso
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 11980
    Posted: Nov. 3, 2010 - 12:43 AM ET #125

    God is just something we invented so we can feel better about dying. I once believed in God, it's how  we we were raised. I'm sorry I know alot of people who will resent we what I say, But I'v e seen it. thhere is no god, only hydrogen carbon and oxygen, the ultimate creators of life, the essentials. You are on your own like it or not, hope you at less have family  good,luck.ex   alltar boy whohas seen it No God
    "I'm afraid all we may have done is awakened a sleeping giant."
    Reply
    God is just something we invented so we can feel better about dying. I once believed in God, it's how  we we were raised. I'm sorry I know alot of people who will resent we what I say, But I'v e seen it. thhere is no god, only hydrogen carbon and oxygen, the ultimate creators of life, the essentials. You are on your own like it or not, hope you at less have family  good,luck.ex   alltar boy whohas seen it No God
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 567 ... 252627 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,862
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 441
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,593
    • MLB Playoffs 16,835
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,162
    • PART DEUX 132
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,417
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,236
    • Wednesday 2,836

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.