• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Food & Fitness

    Best Weight Loss Pill That Really Works

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    TheStutterer
    jthollywood
    FriedShrimp
    masemoney
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 22025
    Posts: 76
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    TheStutterer
    TheStutterer
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 712
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2009 - 10:55 PM ET #26

    Quote Originally Posted by jthollywood:

    Trust me I know what i'm talking about. The guy said he works out 5-6 times a week...intensely, and does alot of cardio. Of course he is going to drink alot of water but 100 grams of protein isn't enough for 115lb chick.
     
    What's the point of working out intense if you can't build muscle. We need to keep our bodies in protein synthesis 24/7. Meaning our bodies will be in muscle building enviroment instead of a catabolic state. When you increase your lean muscle tissue your body will burn fat.
    I would do a little more research if i was you.300 grams is way too much for his size and his caloric intake.he will end up in a hospital if he takes in 300 grams of protien a day.I am not trying to argue with you but i am just stating facts. 1 gram per pound of body weight is even too much for your average person and this guy is average.You are advising him to take in 1.5 grams per pound which is way too much
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jthollywood:

    Trust me I know what i'm talking about. The guy said he works out 5-6 times a week...intensely, and does alot of cardio. Of course he is going to drink alot of water but 100 grams of protein isn't enough for 115lb chick.
     
    What's the point of working out intense if you can't build muscle. We need to keep our bodies in protein synthesis 24/7. Meaning our bodies will be in muscle building enviroment instead of a catabolic state. When you increase your lean muscle tissue your body will burn fat.
    I would do a little more research if i was you.300 grams is way too much for his size and his caloric intake.he will end up in a hospital if he takes in 300 grams of protien a day.I am not trying to argue with you but i am just stating facts. 1 gram per pound of body weight is even too much for your average person and this guy is average.You are advising him to take in 1.5 grams per pound which is way too much
     
    jthollywood
    jthollywood
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 2724
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2009 - 11:07 PM ET #27

    Of course his caloric intake is way too low, that was one of my 1st comments. The guy needs to at least get 1 gram per lb. with as much exercise as he does. I personally think more exess protein is better than a lack of protein....if you take it right and you are right about watching out for the kidneys.
     
    I am currently in the process of opening a few nutrition stores so I spend alot of time researching every product available in the market. There are many products out there that are garbage and would never take.
    Reply
    Of course his caloric intake is way too low, that was one of my 1st comments. The guy needs to at least get 1 gram per lb. with as much exercise as he does. I personally think more exess protein is better than a lack of protein....if you take it right and you are right about watching out for the kidneys.
     
    I am currently in the process of opening a few nutrition stores so I spend alot of time researching every product available in the market. There are many products out there that are garbage and would never take.
     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2009 - 11:28 PM ET #28

    Is nobody listening to me at all?
     
    He's five ten / 220 and does hours of ellipticals and has been eating healthy.
     
     
    That means he does not build muscle whatsoever.
    Reply
    Is nobody listening to me at all?
     
    He's five ten / 220 and does hours of ellipticals and has been eating healthy.
     
     
    That means he does not build muscle whatsoever.
     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2009 - 11:31 PM ET #29

    Smoking326
     
    Just so we can some how gauge this.  How many pushup can you do right now on a good day and in good form?
     
    Reply
    Smoking326
     
    Just so we can some how gauge this.  How many pushup can you do right now on a good day and in good form?
     
     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2009 - 11:34 PM ET #30

    For the protein gram record.............
     
    I've been eating about 160 per day according to my completely updated web calorie counter and I don't see any muscle loss. 
     
    Got 2 pounds of baby gut to go but don't think have lost any muscle in an 12 pound reduction from 193 to a current 181
    Reply
    For the protein gram record.............
     
    I've been eating about 160 per day according to my completely updated web calorie counter and I don't see any muscle loss. 
     
    Got 2 pounds of baby gut to go but don't think have lost any muscle in an 12 pound reduction from 193 to a current 181
     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2009 - 11:36 PM ET #31

    Too paranoid here to handle any muscle loss so lift heavy (for me) at least once week per body part.
     
    In the meantime, aerobically going nuts.
    Reply
    Too paranoid here to handle any muscle loss so lift heavy (for me) at least once week per body part.
     
    In the meantime, aerobically going nuts.
     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2009 - 11:49 PM ET #32

    Put it this way, would rather be tad over with muscle than skinny.
     
    But getting skinny lately
     
    It feels weird.  Feel like I'm 12 years old
     
     
     
    Reply
    Put it this way, would rather be tad over with muscle than skinny.
     
    But getting skinny lately
     
    It feels weird.  Feel like I'm 12 years old
     
     
     
     
    jthollywood
    jthollywood
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 2724
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 12:04 AM ET #33

    I'm lost........
    Reply
    I'm lost........
     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 1:09 AM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by jthollywood:

    I'm lost........

    Me too but it appears that you are giving him the diet of Lawrence Taylor when what he really needs to do is start some heavy training first..... and not talking the elliptical.

    Not a trainer here so feel free to balls but this guys needs to amscray that elliptical and start doing pushups asap.

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jthollywood:

    I'm lost........

    Me too but it appears that you are giving him the diet of Lawrence Taylor when what he really needs to do is start some heavy training first..... and not talking the elliptical.

    Not a trainer here so feel free to balls but this guys needs to amscray that elliptical and start doing pushups asap.

     

     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 1:10 AM ET #35

    And pullups
    Reply
    And pullups
     
    jthollywood
    jthollywood
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 2724
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 1:15 AM ET #36

    I don't know what he is doing as far as his training goes but his caloric intake is very low.
     
    I do cardio 6 days a weekfor 30-45 minutes but i make sure i keep my heart rate in a fat burning zone. Once again I try everything possible to not use muscle as a source of energy. Get that heart rate cranking and you will end up looking like a kenyan running a marathon.
    Reply
    I don't know what he is doing as far as his training goes but his caloric intake is very low.
     
    I do cardio 6 days a weekfor 30-45 minutes but i make sure i keep my heart rate in a fat burning zone. Once again I try everything possible to not use muscle as a source of energy. Get that heart rate cranking and you will end up looking like a kenyan running a marathon.
     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 1:33 AM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by jthollywood:

    I don't know what he is doing as far as his training goes but his caloric intake is very low.
     
    I do cardio 6 days a weekfor 30-45 minutes but i make sure i keep my heart rate in a fat burning zone. Once again I try everything possible to not use muscle as a source of energy. Get that heart rate cranking and you will end up looking like a kenyan running a marathon.

    What are you thinking?

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jthollywood:

    I don't know what he is doing as far as his training goes but his caloric intake is very low.
     
    I do cardio 6 days a weekfor 30-45 minutes but i make sure i keep my heart rate in a fat burning zone. Once again I try everything possible to not use muscle as a source of energy. Get that heart rate cranking and you will end up looking like a kenyan running a marathon.

    What are you thinking?

     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 1:37 AM ET #38

    And shrimp has never done an hour of elliptical
     
    Aerobically going "nuts" is about 15 wind sprints OR about your 45 minutes of breathing but under nonelleptical formats.
     
    Reply
    And shrimp has never done an hour of elliptical
     
    Aerobically going "nuts" is about 15 wind sprints OR about your 45 minutes of breathing but under nonelleptical formats.
     
     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 1:45 AM ET #39

    Sure, if he wants to just burn calories but I dont' see any body scultping going on here
     
    Look, we're all vain and cant help it.
     
      Get off the eliptical and starting pounding pushups and pullups.......
     
    Wanna see two or three sets to fatigue EACH and report back here for more info......
     
    AND fatigue means fatigue not I'm thirsty.
     
    Reply
    Sure, if he wants to just burn calories but I dont' see any body scultping going on here
     
    Look, we're all vain and cant help it.
     
      Get off the eliptical and starting pounding pushups and pullups.......
     
    Wanna see two or three sets to fatigue EACH and report back here for more info......
     
    AND fatigue means fatigue not I'm thirsty.
     
     
    masemoney
    masemoney
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 1428
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 2:09 AM ET #40

    I was in the same boat as the guy who started this thread.  I went from about 225 to lean 190 in about two months on low-carb, high protein diet.  I read about a year ago on one of those doctor websites that you want the amount of protein grams to equal the amount you want to weigh.  (I.E.  If you want to weigh 190, take 190 grams of protein a day).
    Reply
    I was in the same boat as the guy who started this thread.  I went from about 225 to lean 190 in about two months on low-carb, high protein diet.  I read about a year ago on one of those doctor websites that you want the amount of protein grams to equal the amount you want to weigh.  (I.E.  If you want to weigh 190, take 190 grams of protein a day).
     
    jthollywood
    jthollywood
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 2724
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 2:17 AM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by FriedShrimp:

    What are you thinking?

     

    lol, i am at about 6% bodyfat and lifting more than 95% of the guys in any of the gyms i workout in. I lift hard, stretch do my cardio. I eat alot but really clean. 32 years old and have never felt or looked better.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedShrimp:

    What are you thinking?

     

    lol, i am at about 6% bodyfat and lifting more than 95% of the guys in any of the gyms i workout in. I lift hard, stretch do my cardio. I eat alot but really clean. 32 years old and have never felt or looked better.

     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 2:20 AM ET #42

    Providing clean protein 5 times a day to add up to 200 is not a piece of cake.
     
    Hard enough finding 30 grams of protein in a good meal and you think you can do that five times a day?
     
    Bear in mind breakfast is fiber and carb time.
     
     
    Reply
    Providing clean protein 5 times a day to add up to 200 is not a piece of cake.
     
    Hard enough finding 30 grams of protein in a good meal and you think you can do that five times a day?
     
    Bear in mind breakfast is fiber and carb time.
     
     
     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 2:24 AM ET #43

    Quote Originally Posted by jthollywood:

    lol, i am at about 6% bodyfat and lifting more than 95% of the guys in any of the gyms i workout in. I lift hard, stretch do my cardio. I eat alot but really clean. 32 years old and have never felt or looked better.

    This is not show or stage time, we are just in a forum talking about fitness and stuff.

    If you want to kick our ass, then go for it

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jthollywood:

    lol, i am at about 6% bodyfat and lifting more than 95% of the guys in any of the gyms i workout in. I lift hard, stretch do my cardio. I eat alot but really clean. 32 years old and have never felt or looked better.

    This is not show or stage time, we are just in a forum talking about fitness and stuff.

    If you want to kick our ass, then go for it

     

     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 2:28 AM ET #44

    Looky here Hollywood, I weigh 180 pounds.
     
    I mentioned that twice so don't get all pissy over there.
     
    And I have a two pound gut.
     
    Reply
    Looky here Hollywood, I weigh 180 pounds.
     
    I mentioned that twice so don't get all pissy over there.
     
    And I have a two pound gut.
     
     
    jthollywood
    jthollywood
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 2724
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 2:28 AM ET #45

    3-4 shakes a day at about 40-45 grams of protein. Mind you i am getting my glutamine fix with each shake. i take a real clean protein mixture with 4 types of protein (time released) low in fat and the carbs in the protein are dietary fibers.
    Breakfast is usually about 7 or 8 egg whites and some oatmeal and maybe a banana. The egg whites are about 30 grams of protein. So i am starting my day with close to 80 grams of protein. I usually have no problem getting my 250 grams plus a day.
    Reply
    3-4 shakes a day at about 40-45 grams of protein. Mind you i am getting my glutamine fix with each shake. i take a real clean protein mixture with 4 types of protein (time released) low in fat and the carbs in the protein are dietary fibers.
    Breakfast is usually about 7 or 8 egg whites and some oatmeal and maybe a banana. The egg whites are about 30 grams of protein. So i am starting my day with close to 80 grams of protein. I usually have no problem getting my 250 grams plus a day.
     
    jthollywood
    jthollywood
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 2724
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 2:31 AM ET #46

    [Quote: Originally Posted by masemoney]
    I was in the same boat as the guy who started this thread.  I went from about 225 to lean 190 in about two months on low-carb, high protein diet.  I read about a year ago on one of those doctor websites that you want the amount of protein grams to equal the amount you want to weigh.  (I.E.  If you want to weigh 190, take 190 grams of protein a day).

    [/Quote

     

    I don't understand his theory on this. You can take protein shakes all day, if they had no fat and carbs, and unless you are working out extremely hard and they wont have much of an effect on your weight. A whey isolate might stay in your system for an hour and that's it.

    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by masemoney]
    I was in the same boat as the guy who started this thread.  I went from about 225 to lean 190 in about two months on low-carb, high protein diet.  I read about a year ago on one of those doctor websites that you want the amount of protein grams to equal the amount you want to weigh.  (I.E.  If you want to weigh 190, take 190 grams of protein a day).

    [/Quote

     

    I don't understand his theory on this. You can take protein shakes all day, if they had no fat and carbs, and unless you are working out extremely hard and they wont have much of an effect on your weight. A whey isolate might stay in your system for an hour and that's it.

     
    jthollywood
    jthollywood
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 2724
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 2:33 AM ET #47

    Quote Originally Posted by FriedShrimp:

    Looky here Hollywood, I weigh 180 pounds.
     
    I mentioned that twice so don't get all pissy over there.
     
    And I have a two pound gut.
     

     

     

    It's not a contest you are right. The past year i've lived this fitness lifestyle and have tried just about every program possible and have researched almost every product. Just letting you know what works for me. I weighthe same as you bro.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedShrimp:

    Looky here Hollywood, I weigh 180 pounds.
     
    I mentioned that twice so don't get all pissy over there.
     
    And I have a two pound gut.
     

     

     

    It's not a contest you are right. The past year i've lived this fitness lifestyle and have tried just about every program possible and have researched almost every product. Just letting you know what works for me. I weighthe same as you bro.

     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 2:34 AM ET #48

    Well, you certainly have the protein covered.  That's very hard for most people.
     
    Do you ever cook dead chickens?
     
    Reply
    Well, you certainly have the protein covered.  That's very hard for most people.
     
    Do you ever cook dead chickens?
     
     
    jthollywood
    jthollywood
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 2724
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 2:38 AM ET #49

    Yeah I eat dead chickens. I try to stick to chicken (dead) or extra lean ground turkey.
    Reply
    Yeah I eat dead chickens. I try to stick to chicken (dead) or extra lean ground turkey.
     
     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2009 - 2:39 AM ET #50

      Cool
     
    If you wanna kick somebody's ass though to blow off steam, I would recommend Timber9, he gets all fucked up and stumbles into the food/fitness room few times a week.  The guy is a mess and needs lots of straightening outs.
     
    I'll help you any way I can.  I do know he likes to barbecue goats though.
     
     
    Reply
      Cool
     
    If you wanna kick somebody's ass though to blow off steam, I would recommend Timber9, he gets all fucked up and stumbles into the food/fitness room few times a week.  The guy is a mess and needs lots of straightening outs.
     
    I'll help you any way I can.  I do know he likes to barbecue goats though.
     
     
    All Forums | Food & Fitness
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,952
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,944
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 709
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 11,078
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,945
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 645
    • PART DEUX 133
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,839
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,486
    • Trump lies so much. 22,913

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.