• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | FIFA World Cup

    World Cup 2018

    «First Previous 91011 ... 303132 Next Last»
    Motherflickee
    barneybeans
    Livan33
    vanzack
    addison511
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 108855
    Posts: 799
    «First Previous 91011 ... 303132 Next Last»
     
    Motherflickee
    Motherflickee
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 1257
    Posted: Jun. 21, 2018 - 6:12 PM ET #201

    Reply
     
    barneybeans
    barneybeans
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2003
    Posts: 9982
    Posted: Jun. 21, 2018 - 6:44 PM ET #202

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public:

    I haven't even logged into this site in years, but you know what, for this I will take the time because I've always believed message boards and forums function best when the users police themselves to an extent.

    To that point, posts like these are the worst of the Internet. They're embarrassing, and not only do they make you look like a petty, jealous infant with no life and nothing better to do than troll others online, they actively discourage exactly what forums like these are supposed to promote.

    Van may remember me from ye olden times, he may not. But one thing I know about him is that he'll always discuss how he's capped a game, why his play is what it is—and if you're asking for more, for free, from someone online that you'll never meet, you need to re-evaluate your life.

    Forget for a second that I've been on the same side as some of these losses and can tell you I absolutely believe many of them were capped well (hell, despite not even trying to score for the last 15 minutes of the game, but for dumb luck Spain wins that game at least 2-0, if not 3-0, blah blah blah). But the individual plays are irrelevant.

    The point is, if your entire contribution to this thread is to remind a guy that he lost, as if a handicapper wouldn't know that, removing you from the thread is addition by subtraction. And if your only contribution to the site is the same, you're failing at the incredibly low bar of doing enough to justify posting here.

    And don't say it was just one post, because you had another post barely minutes after the France game saying the same thing about his record.

    TL;DR, you're being a jackass.

    Don't bother responding, I'm now returning to hibernation and to watch the World Cup in peace.

    Good to see you're still out there swinging, Van. Been a long time, brother, good luck the rest of the tourney.

    =)

    JoePub, always a class act, good to see you - this moron lost his áss - he's not here just to raz Van to "remind a guy that he lost" he's on a mission because he has no idea about the world cup, tailed and lost his rent money. Poor bástard.

    Van your writeups and overall wisdom, whatever side I'm contemplating or am already on is a pleasure to read and digest and I have saved and made money just because you take the time to share. Thanks brother!
    The pen is mightier than the pigs
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public:

    I haven't even logged into this site in years, but you know what, for this I will take the time because I've always believed message boards and forums function best when the users police themselves to an extent.

    To that point, posts like these are the worst of the Internet. They're embarrassing, and not only do they make you look like a petty, jealous infant with no life and nothing better to do than troll others online, they actively discourage exactly what forums like these are supposed to promote.

    Van may remember me from ye olden times, he may not. But one thing I know about him is that he'll always discuss how he's capped a game, why his play is what it is—and if you're asking for more, for free, from someone online that you'll never meet, you need to re-evaluate your life.

    Forget for a second that I've been on the same side as some of these losses and can tell you I absolutely believe many of them were capped well (hell, despite not even trying to score for the last 15 minutes of the game, but for dumb luck Spain wins that game at least 2-0, if not 3-0, blah blah blah). But the individual plays are irrelevant.

    The point is, if your entire contribution to this thread is to remind a guy that he lost, as if a handicapper wouldn't know that, removing you from the thread is addition by subtraction. And if your only contribution to the site is the same, you're failing at the incredibly low bar of doing enough to justify posting here.

    And don't say it was just one post, because you had another post barely minutes after the France game saying the same thing about his record.

    TL;DR, you're being a jackass.

    Don't bother responding, I'm now returning to hibernation and to watch the World Cup in peace.

    Good to see you're still out there swinging, Van. Been a long time, brother, good luck the rest of the tourney.

    =)

    JoePub, always a class act, good to see you - this moron lost his áss - he's not here just to raz Van to "remind a guy that he lost" he's on a mission because he has no idea about the world cup, tailed and lost his rent money. Poor bástard.

    Van your writeups and overall wisdom, whatever side I'm contemplating or am already on is a pleasure to read and digest and I have saved and made money just because you take the time to share. Thanks brother!
     
    Livan33
    Livan33
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 907
    Posted: Jun. 21, 2018 - 10:32 PM ET #203

    Van - as others have said, there are plenty of us that come everyday to read your analysis and value your input greatly. Hopefully you don't let a few morons stop you from finishing out the rest of the tournament.

    Reply

    Van - as others have said, there are plenty of us that come everyday to read your analysis and value your input greatly. Hopefully you don't let a few morons stop you from finishing out the rest of the tournament.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 21, 2018 - 11:10 PM ET #204

    Friday.....

    Brazil -1.5 -125 vs CR (1.25 to win 1)

    Iceland pk -110 vs Nigeria (2.2 to win 2)

    Switzerland pk +103 vs Serbia (2 to win 2.06)

    Gotaawin a game at some point...

    paint_help

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Friday.....

    Brazil -1.5 -125 vs CR (1.25 to win 1)

    Iceland pk -110 vs Nigeria (2.2 to win 2)

    Switzerland pk +103 vs Serbia (2 to win 2.06)

    Gotaawin a game at some point...

    paint_help

     
    addison511
    addison511
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 26
    Posted: Jun. 21, 2018 - 11:39 PM ET #205

    I haven't posted on this forum ever I believe but I really appreciate vanzacks insight and picks, I followed his picks in the last wc and did quite well, I think all will agree that there have been a lot of weird outcomes so far this wc that no one could have foreseen, just wanted to chime in as another appreciative follower of vanzacks time and effort on this thread, will continue to follow daily and hope for some positive outcomes!

    Reply

    I haven't posted on this forum ever I believe but I really appreciate vanzacks insight and picks, I followed his picks in the last wc and did quite well, I think all will agree that there have been a lot of weird outcomes so far this wc that no one could have foreseen, just wanted to chime in as another appreciative follower of vanzacks time and effort on this thread, will continue to follow daily and hope for some positive outcomes!

     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2018 - 1:54 AM ET #206

    You tail at your own risk. So far I've won more tailing Vanz than lost because I only choose to follow him when his analysis makes sense to me or is aligned with mine. Otherwise, I either pass completely or fade and go with my original pick. It all depends. Following blindly is not something I ever recommend. Always do your own research to see if you agree with someone's pick or analysis.

    For instance. I tailed Vanz on Denmark beating Peru, but after watching the game and seeing how lucky they got and how passive they got once they took the lead, I decided that was not a team worth backing (too passive, not enough cohesion, etc), at least not until they solved their issues. Sure enough, all those issues arose for them again today against a team they should have beaten. But once they took the lead they got too passive and just tried to hang on (as they did against Peru). Today, that tactic did not pay off.


    Reply
    You tail at your own risk. So far I've won more tailing Vanz than lost because I only choose to follow him when his analysis makes sense to me or is aligned with mine. Otherwise, I either pass completely or fade and go with my original pick. It all depends. Following blindly is not something I ever recommend. Always do your own research to see if you agree with someone's pick or analysis.

    For instance. I tailed Vanz on Denmark beating Peru, but after watching the game and seeing how lucky they got and how passive they got once they took the lead, I decided that was not a team worth backing (too passive, not enough cohesion, etc), at least not until they solved their issues. Sure enough, all those issues arose for them again today against a team they should have beaten. But once they took the lead they got too passive and just tried to hang on (as they did against Peru). Today, that tactic did not pay off.


     
    Crashdavis565
    Crashdavis565
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 15772
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2018 - 11:03 AM ET #207

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Friday..... Brazil -1.5 -125 vs CR (1.25 to win 1) Iceland pk -110 vs Nigeria (2.2 to win 2) Switzerland pk +103 vs Serbia (2 to win 2.06) Gotaawin a game at some point...

     

    Good Luck today

    One down two to go....

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Friday..... Brazil -1.5 -125 vs CR (1.25 to win 1) Iceland pk -110 vs Nigeria (2.2 to win 2) Switzerland pk +103 vs Serbia (2 to win 2.06) Gotaawin a game at some point...

     

    Good Luck today

    One down two to go....

     
    Crashdavis565
    Crashdavis565
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 15772
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2018 - 1:32 PM ET #208

    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Friday..... Brazil -1.5 -125 vs CR (1.25 to win 1) Iceland pk -110 vs Nigeria (2.2 to win 2) Switzerland pk +103 vs Serbia (2 to win 2.06) Gotaawin a game at some point...
      Good Luck today One down two to go....

     

    Jinxed it MFer me

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Friday..... Brazil -1.5 -125 vs CR (1.25 to win 1) Iceland pk -110 vs Nigeria (2.2 to win 2) Switzerland pk +103 vs Serbia (2 to win 2.06) Gotaawin a game at some point...
      Good Luck today One down two to go....

     

    Jinxed it MFer me

     
    CanadaCup
    CanadaCup
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 16377
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2018 - 5:22 PM ET #209

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Friday..... Brazil -1.5 -125 vs CR (1.25 to win 1) Iceland pk -110 vs Nigeria (2.2 to win 2) Switzerland pk +103 vs Serbia (2 to win 2.06) Gotaawin a game at some point...

    Excluding Iceland, it was a great day for you Vanzack. Congrats and keep it going tomorrow. an_cheers

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Friday..... Brazil -1.5 -125 vs CR (1.25 to win 1) Iceland pk -110 vs Nigeria (2.2 to win 2) Switzerland pk +103 vs Serbia (2 to win 2.06) Gotaawin a game at some point...

    Excluding Iceland, it was a great day for you Vanzack. Congrats and keep it going tomorrow. an_cheers

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2018 - 6:49 PM ET #210

    If it takes a few miracles to get me back to winning, I will take it....

    Saturday

    Tunisia / Belgium no bet

    Sweden / germany under 2.5 -108 (2.16 to win 2k - lean Sweden here also but waiting to see if there is a better line forthcoming

    Mexico -150 vs s Korea (3 to win 2) - feels like a total square sucker bet, but I can't lay off this one.

    GL all

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    If it takes a few miracles to get me back to winning, I will take it....

    Saturday

    Tunisia / Belgium no bet

    Sweden / germany under 2.5 -108 (2.16 to win 2k - lean Sweden here also but waiting to see if there is a better line forthcoming

    Mexico -150 vs s Korea (3 to win 2) - feels like a total square sucker bet, but I can't lay off this one.

    GL all

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2018 - 6:56 PM ET #211

    Funny, I didn't even read comments in this thread until today. The negativity doesn't bother me at this point at all. I just keep moving along. 

    I finally should have some time tonight to spend more time discussing stuff, especially some thoughts about the Germany match.

    Anybody who gambles for a long time has winning streaks and losing streaks. People who don't get that just expose themselves. I stay positive no matter what. Short memory. 

    I can't believe JoePublic made an appearance here. One of the good guys from way back. Hope all is well. I am going to try and read yours and others comments but this covers 1998 technology makes it very difficult on a mobile phone.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Funny, I didn't even read comments in this thread until today. The negativity doesn't bother me at this point at all. I just keep moving along. 

    I finally should have some time tonight to spend more time discussing stuff, especially some thoughts about the Germany match.

    Anybody who gambles for a long time has winning streaks and losing streaks. People who don't get that just expose themselves. I stay positive no matter what. Short memory. 

    I can't believe JoePublic made an appearance here. One of the good guys from way back. Hope all is well. I am going to try and read yours and others comments but this covers 1998 technology makes it very difficult on a mobile phone.

     
    mmikey21
    mmikey21
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 214
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2018 - 7:18 PM ET #212

    Thanks van!! Much appreciated 
    Reply
    Thanks van!! Much appreciated 
     
    packersbackers
    packersbackers
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 52975
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2018 - 9:53 PM ET #213

    Van whenever you have a moment to reply much appreciated...whats your take on Argentina/Nigeria and Iceland/Croatia...does Argentina advance? Can Iceland beat Croatia and advance on tb scenarios?

    MAGAm Yisrael Chai
    Reply

    Van whenever you have a moment to reply much appreciated...whats your take on Argentina/Nigeria and Iceland/Croatia...does Argentina advance? Can Iceland beat Croatia and advance on tb scenarios?

     
    GameHunter
    GameHunter
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 17534
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2018 - 12:03 AM ET #214

    A true Covers’ Legend!

     

    Don’t forget to send my invitation for this year’s Yacht Party. I’ll be there. Also headed to Vegas in 3 weeks. 

    new_cool

    Reply

    A true Covers’ Legend!

     

    Don’t forget to send my invitation for this year’s Yacht Party. I’ll be there. Also headed to Vegas in 3 weeks. 

    new_cool

     
    Angelus
    Angelus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 1113
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2018 - 12:12 AM ET #215

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    If it takes a few miracles to get me back to winning, I will take it.... Saturday Tunisia / Belgium no bet Sweden / germany under 2.5 -108 (2.16 to win 2k - lean Sweden here also but waiting to see if there is a better line forthcoming Mexico -150 vs s Korea (3 to win 2) - feels like a total square sucker bet, but I can't lay off this one. GL all

     

    Did you accidentally let your unit size slip out? cool

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    If it takes a few miracles to get me back to winning, I will take it.... Saturday Tunisia / Belgium no bet Sweden / germany under 2.5 -108 (2.16 to win 2k - lean Sweden here also but waiting to see if there is a better line forthcoming Mexico -150 vs s Korea (3 to win 2) - feels like a total square sucker bet, but I can't lay off this one. GL all

     

    Did you accidentally let your unit size slip out? cool

     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2018 - 2:15 AM ET #216

    I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on Germany, Vanz. I was not impressed by the Swedes at all, though I tailed you on that one. These Swedes are not your mother's vikings:), they looked and played scared against a S Korea team that, though athletic, was very limited in terms of skills (poor passing and shooting). And now they play the Germans, who are like the Swede's big brothers, and like the big brother, I expect them to take the Swedes to the woodshed in this one.

    I don't expect the Germans to be bothered like they were against Mexico, with their flair, speed, and creativity. The Swedes present a predictable brand of soccer the Germans know well, and the only way they lose and/or don't win this game handily is if the team is somehow broken beyond repair (the way Argentina looks broken and defeated). But that has never been the German's MO, and I have been following their national team since the early 80's. These guys are extremely proud and professional and I think they will respond in a positive way tomorrow.
    Reply
    I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on Germany, Vanz. I was not impressed by the Swedes at all, though I tailed you on that one. These Swedes are not your mother's vikings:), they looked and played scared against a S Korea team that, though athletic, was very limited in terms of skills (poor passing and shooting). And now they play the Germans, who are like the Swede's big brothers, and like the big brother, I expect them to take the Swedes to the woodshed in this one.

    I don't expect the Germans to be bothered like they were against Mexico, with their flair, speed, and creativity. The Swedes present a predictable brand of soccer the Germans know well, and the only way they lose and/or don't win this game handily is if the team is somehow broken beyond repair (the way Argentina looks broken and defeated). But that has never been the German's MO, and I have been following their national team since the early 80's. These guys are extremely proud and professional and I think they will respond in a positive way tomorrow.
     
    Crashdavis565
    Crashdavis565
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 15772
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2018 - 12:23 PM ET #217

    Quote Originally Posted by begginerboy:

    I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on Germany, Vanz. I was not impressed by the Swedes at all, though I tailed you on that one. These Swedes are not your mother's vikings:), they looked and played scared against a S Korea team that, though athletic, was very limited in terms of skills (poor passing and shooting). And now they play the Germans, who are like the Swede's big brothers, and like the big brother, I expect them to take the Swedes to the woodshed in this one. I don't expect the Germans to be bothered like they were against Mexico, with their flair, speed, and creativity. The Swedes present a predictable brand of soccer the Germans know well, and the only way they lose and/or don't win this game handily is if the team is somehow broken beyond repair (the way Argentina looks broken and defeated). But that has never been the German's MO, and I have been following their national team since the early 80's. These guys are extremely proud and professional and I think they will respond in a positive way tomorrow.

     

    Again, this is so square but I have to say with my very limited knowledge, it is dead on!

     

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by begginerboy:

    I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on Germany, Vanz. I was not impressed by the Swedes at all, though I tailed you on that one. These Swedes are not your mother's vikings:), they looked and played scared against a S Korea team that, though athletic, was very limited in terms of skills (poor passing and shooting). And now they play the Germans, who are like the Swede's big brothers, and like the big brother, I expect them to take the Swedes to the woodshed in this one. I don't expect the Germans to be bothered like they were against Mexico, with their flair, speed, and creativity. The Swedes present a predictable brand of soccer the Germans know well, and the only way they lose and/or don't win this game handily is if the team is somehow broken beyond repair (the way Argentina looks broken and defeated). But that has never been the German's MO, and I have been following their national team since the early 80's. These guys are extremely proud and professional and I think they will respond in a positive way tomorrow.

     

    Again, this is so square but I have to say with my very limited knowledge, it is dead on!

     

     

     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2018 - 4:17 PM ET #218

    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:

     

    Again, this is so square but I have to say with my very limited knowledge, it is dead on!



     

     



    Not exactly a beatdown, but when you beat a team after spotting them a goal and then being a man down, with your subs (because of the starters who were injured), and all the pressure of the world is on your shoulders because you are the champs and a tie means the same as a loss and you are out of the tournament, well, that shows the superiority of the Germans. And the vikings? They showed their true colors: yellow!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:

     

    Again, this is so square but I have to say with my very limited knowledge, it is dead on!



     

     



    Not exactly a beatdown, but when you beat a team after spotting them a goal and then being a man down, with your subs (because of the starters who were injured), and all the pressure of the world is on your shoulders because you are the champs and a tie means the same as a loss and you are out of the tournament, well, that shows the superiority of the Germans. And the vikings? They showed their true colors: yellow!
     
    CrusCrnshw
    CrusCrnshw
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 16017
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2018 - 7:35 PM ET #219

    Sweden should have had a PK early. Germans bailed out there. There is no denying their firepower but Sweden showed that the Germans are very vulnerable on that back line especially when they press high and are countered. Germans got a gift that he was fouled and converted on a great strike. Should advance but still have to sure up their defense 
    Reply
    Sweden should have had a PK early. Germans bailed out there. There is no denying their firepower but Sweden showed that the Germans are very vulnerable on that back line especially when they press high and are countered. Germans got a gift that he was fouled and converted on a great strike. Should advance but still have to sure up their defense 
     
    barneybeans
    barneybeans
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2003
    Posts: 9982
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2018 - 8:34 PM ET #220

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusCrnshw:

    Sweden should have had a PK early. Germans bailed out there. There is no denying their firepower but Sweden showed that the Germans are very vulnerable on that back line especially when they press high and are countered. Germans got a gift that he was fouled and converted on a great strike. Should advance but still have to sure up their defense
    Mexico showed the Germans the same thing in even more so in their match last Sunday. 

    The pen is mightier than the pigs
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusCrnshw:

    Sweden should have had a PK early. Germans bailed out there. There is no denying their firepower but Sweden showed that the Germans are very vulnerable on that back line especially when they press high and are countered. Germans got a gift that he was fouled and converted on a great strike. Should advance but still have to sure up their defense
    Mexico showed the Germans the same thing in even more so in their match last Sunday. 

     
    CrusCrnshw
    CrusCrnshw
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 16017
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2018 - 10:16 PM ET #221

    This one should scare German fans nore. Only because teams can have bad games but 2 in a row when they had a chance to better it should be a scare. 
    Reply
    This one should scare German fans nore. Only because teams can have bad games but 2 in a row when they had a chance to better it should be a scare. 
     
    CrusCrnshw
    CrusCrnshw
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 16017
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2018 - 10:17 PM ET #222

    By bad game I'm referring to their counter struggles
    Reply
    By bad game I'm referring to their counter struggles
     
    richieporter
    richieporter
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 517
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2018 - 10:38 PM ET #223

    i honestly felt similar to how i felt having the Falcons in the last superbowl.. had Sweeden in multiple AH's thankfully my 1h wager cancelled out won i a tiny tiny amount on a live wager such a swing.. but so many things tilted me out it was 99% a penalty before anyone scored in 1h at the end prior to FK and foul they had a great scoring opporunity in attack with numbers and the idiot chose to take a shitbag shot.. then the foul absolutely no reason to foul there you have backup 2 feet behind you also why only 2 men in the wall if there was a 3man wall the shot likely gets blocked..
    Reply
    i honestly felt similar to how i felt having the Falcons in the last superbowl.. had Sweeden in multiple AH's thankfully my 1h wager cancelled out won i a tiny tiny amount on a live wager such a swing.. but so many things tilted me out it was 99% a penalty before anyone scored in 1h at the end prior to FK and foul they had a great scoring opporunity in attack with numbers and the idiot chose to take a shitbag shot.. then the foul absolutely no reason to foul there you have backup 2 feet behind you also why only 2 men in the wall if there was a 3man wall the shot likely gets blocked..
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2018 - 12:01 AM ET #224

    The Germany goal.....  I would have been lucky to win, but I was unlucky to lose.......

    Sunday:

    England / Panama over 2.5 -119 (2.38 to win 2)

    Senegal +130 vs Japan (2 to win 2.6)

    Colombia +128 vs Poland (2 to win 2.56)

    GL all

    an_cheers

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    The Germany goal.....  I would have been lucky to win, but I was unlucky to lose.......

    Sunday:

    England / Panama over 2.5 -119 (2.38 to win 2)

    Senegal +130 vs Japan (2 to win 2.6)

    Colombia +128 vs Poland (2 to win 2.56)

    GL all

    an_cheers

     
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2018 - 12:02 AM ET #225

    GameHunter spotting???

    What is going on here.

    Good to see you around.

    an_cheers

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    GameHunter spotting???

    What is going on here.

    Good to see you around.

    an_cheers

    All Forums | FIFA World Cup
    «First Previous 91011 ... 303132 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,330
    • Friday 10/02/2026 906
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,361
    • PART DEUX 258
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,201
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,359
    • Week 5 Money 7,117
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,494
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,755
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,594

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.