• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | FIFA World Cup

    World Cup 2018

    «First Previous 161718 ... 303132 Next Last»
    freestlyin
    vanzack
    Rush51
    djbrow
    weimar74
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 108855
    Posts: 799
    «First Previous 161718 ... 303132 Next Last»
     
    freestlyin
    freestlyin
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 39197
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 12:49 PM ET #376

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Anyone know what happened with James Rodriguez?

    According to media he re-aggravated his already injured calf...not sure why else they would have pulled him off honestly 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Anyone know what happened with James Rodriguez?

    According to media he re-aggravated his already injured calf...not sure why else they would have pulled him off honestly 
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 12:52 PM ET #377

    OVERALL RECORD:   Up 41.75  Down 35.46

    Future Bets:
    Up 3.17  Down 1.7
    Uruguay to win group A -130 (risk 1.3 units to win 1 unit) - WIN
    Russia to advance group A – no - +235 (risk .2 unit to win .47 unit) - LOSS
    Morocco to advance group B +325 (risk .5 unit to win 1.625 units) - LOSS
    Denmark win group C +500 (risk .5 unit to win 2.5 units) - LOSS
    Croatia win group D +240 (.2 unit to win .48) - WIN
    Sweden to advance Group F +130 (.3 unit to win .39) - WIN
    Korea Republic advance NO group F -525 (1.625 to win .3) - WIN
    Senegal to advance NO group G -140 (.7 to win .5) - WIN
    Portugal under 5.5 points Group B -125 (.625 to win .5) - WIN
    Serbia over 3 points -115 (.575 to win .5) - PUSH
    Senegal under 3.5 points +110 (.5 to win .6) - LOSS
    Win WC Spain +630 (.3 units to win 1.89)

    Game Bets: (truncated because covers wont let me post full list)
    Current Record - UP   38.58  Down 33.76
    41.  Sweden +225 vs Mexico (2 units to win 4.5) - WIN
    42.  Germany vs S Korea - no bet 
    43.  Serbia +1 +100 vs Brazil (1 unit to win 1), Serbia to win +650 (.2 to win 1.3) - LOSS
    44.  CR / Switz under 2, and 2.5 +100 (1 unit to win 1), CR to win +650 (.2 to win 1.3) - LOSS
    45.   Colombia -115 vs Senegal (4.1 to win 3.5) - WIN
    46.  Poland PK +100 vs Japan (1.5 units to win 1.5) - WIN

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    OVERALL RECORD:   Up 41.75  Down 35.46

    Future Bets:
    Up 3.17  Down 1.7
    Uruguay to win group A -130 (risk 1.3 units to win 1 unit) - WIN
    Russia to advance group A – no - +235 (risk .2 unit to win .47 unit) - LOSS
    Morocco to advance group B +325 (risk .5 unit to win 1.625 units) - LOSS
    Denmark win group C +500 (risk .5 unit to win 2.5 units) - LOSS
    Croatia win group D +240 (.2 unit to win .48) - WIN
    Sweden to advance Group F +130 (.3 unit to win .39) - WIN
    Korea Republic advance NO group F -525 (1.625 to win .3) - WIN
    Senegal to advance NO group G -140 (.7 to win .5) - WIN
    Portugal under 5.5 points Group B -125 (.625 to win .5) - WIN
    Serbia over 3 points -115 (.575 to win .5) - PUSH
    Senegal under 3.5 points +110 (.5 to win .6) - LOSS
    Win WC Spain +630 (.3 units to win 1.89)

    Game Bets: (truncated because covers wont let me post full list)
    Current Record - UP   38.58  Down 33.76
    41.  Sweden +225 vs Mexico (2 units to win 4.5) - WIN
    42.  Germany vs S Korea - no bet 
    43.  Serbia +1 +100 vs Brazil (1 unit to win 1), Serbia to win +650 (.2 to win 1.3) - LOSS
    44.  CR / Switz under 2, and 2.5 +100 (1 unit to win 1), CR to win +650 (.2 to win 1.3) - LOSS
    45.   Colombia -115 vs Senegal (4.1 to win 3.5) - WIN
    46.  Poland PK +100 vs Japan (1.5 units to win 1.5) - WIN

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 12:53 PM ET #378

    Van, we were lucky indeed with Colombia today. 

    They are such a disorganized mess without a healthy James.  He clearly pulls the strings in the midfield to produce good scoring opportunities.  Without him, they seemed to struggle with crisp passes that could lead to any scoring opportunities.  I don't even think I heard Falcao's name mentioned twice..   It took a corner kick to win it for them, but we will take it ..    However, this team seems done going forward  w/o a healthy James.


    Reply

    Van, we were lucky indeed with Colombia today. 

    They are such a disorganized mess without a healthy James.  He clearly pulls the strings in the midfield to produce good scoring opportunities.  Without him, they seemed to struggle with crisp passes that could lead to any scoring opportunities.  I don't even think I heard Falcao's name mentioned twice..   It took a corner kick to win it for them, but we will take it ..    However, this team seems done going forward  w/o a healthy James.


     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 12:55 PM ET #379

    Teams are out....

    Pickford, Rose, Stones, Cahill, Jones, Delph, Alexander Arnold, Dier, Loftus Cheek, Vardy, Rashford

    Courtois, Vermaelen, Boyata, Dendoncker, Fellaini, T Hazard, Tielmans, Dembele, Chadli, Januzaj, Batshuayi

    THIS IS AN EXHIBITION
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Teams are out....

    Pickford, Rose, Stones, Cahill, Jones, Delph, Alexander Arnold, Dier, Loftus Cheek, Vardy, Rashford

    Courtois, Vermaelen, Boyata, Dendoncker, Fellaini, T Hazard, Tielmans, Dembele, Chadli, Januzaj, Batshuayi

    THIS IS AN EXHIBITION
     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 12:56 PM ET #380

    And great job on your record thus far.  It's encouraging to be up,  considering how difficult this tournament has been to this point.
    Reply
    And great job on your record thus far.  It's encouraging to be up,  considering how difficult this tournament has been to this point.
     
    djbrow
    djbrow
    Covers Referee
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 15751
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 12:56 PM ET #381

    It’s funny to see that you’re up and doing pretty good, and you’ve posted that it hasn’t felt like you had a great World Cup so far. How do you like four of my south American teams in the Sweet 16? I’m pretty happy about that.

    The way I see it, Japan is the worst of the teams left so if I am Belgium or England I go for the win without any reservations whatsoever. They would have to play Brazil at some point, or somebody would knock them off. On the other side I think Columbia is a very dangerous team and played much better than their record indicates.
    Reply
    It’s funny to see that you’re up and doing pretty good, and you’ve posted that it hasn’t felt like you had a great World Cup so far. How do you like four of my south American teams in the Sweet 16? I’m pretty happy about that.

    The way I see it, Japan is the worst of the teams left so if I am Belgium or England I go for the win without any reservations whatsoever. They would have to play Brazil at some point, or somebody would knock them off. On the other side I think Columbia is a very dangerous team and played much better than their record indicates.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 12:57 PM ET #382

    If you bet on this England / Belgium game....

    GL!!

    My picks:

    47.  England vs Belgium - no bet
    48.  Panama vs Tunisia over 2.5 +104 (1 unit to win 1.04) - going to stick with the trend here of meaningless group games going over - 8 of the last 9 have had 3 goals or more....

    GL
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    If you bet on this England / Belgium game....

    GL!!

    My picks:

    47.  England vs Belgium - no bet
    48.  Panama vs Tunisia over 2.5 +104 (1 unit to win 1.04) - going to stick with the trend here of meaningless group games going over - 8 of the last 9 have had 3 goals or more....

    GL
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 1:00 PM ET #383

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    Van, we were lucky indeed with Colombia today. 

    They are such a disorganized mess without a healthy James.  He clearly pulls the strings in the midfield to produce good scoring opportunities.  Without him, they seemed to struggle with crisp passes that could lead to any scoring opportunities.  I don't even think I heard Falcao's name mentioned twice..   It took a corner kick to win it for them, but we will take it ..    However, this team seems done going forward  w/o a healthy James.



    I am very interested to see what happens with him.  He is obviously a major factor in how far Colombia can go.  Interestingly enough - if they play Belgium - it might favor Colombia.  Pretty sure we saw today that they will have trouble against a packed in defensive minded side - but in a match against Belgium - they might be able to enjoy counterattacking and see some space that they didnt get today (but did against Poland).

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    Van, we were lucky indeed with Colombia today. 

    They are such a disorganized mess without a healthy James.  He clearly pulls the strings in the midfield to produce good scoring opportunities.  Without him, they seemed to struggle with crisp passes that could lead to any scoring opportunities.  I don't even think I heard Falcao's name mentioned twice..   It took a corner kick to win it for them, but we will take it ..    However, this team seems done going forward  w/o a healthy James.



    I am very interested to see what happens with him.  He is obviously a major factor in how far Colombia can go.  Interestingly enough - if they play Belgium - it might favor Colombia.  Pretty sure we saw today that they will have trouble against a packed in defensive minded side - but in a match against Belgium - they might be able to enjoy counterattacking and see some space that they didnt get today (but did against Poland).

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 1:08 PM ET #384

    Quote Originally Posted by djbrow:

    It’s funny to see that you’re up and doing pretty good, and you’ve posted that it hasn’t felt like you had a great World Cup so far. How do you like four of my south American teams in the Sweet 16? I’m pretty happy about that.

    The way I see it, Japan is the worst of the teams left so if I am Belgium or England I go for the win without any reservations whatsoever. They would have to play Brazil at some point, or somebody would knock them off. On the other side I think Columbia is a very dangerous team and played much better than their record indicates.

    Truth be told....  Because I try to post early, and because of line moves - my record is much better if you bet closer to gametime than it is posted here.   A few of the "2 and 2.5" unders landed on 2, and the line at kickoff was 2.5 even.   Sweden was closer to +260 yesterday.  I can't remember a match where my posted line wasn't worse than what you could get closer to match kickoff - but it goes that way sometimes - I would rather win more real cash than covers record.

    Yeah - pretty sure there are 10 European sides, 4 S American, Mexico and Japan.  I actually thought Peru and Senegal are the two sides going out that deserved more - that would have made 5 SA sides to go through.  

    SA vs Europe so far is a straight up 3 wins for each side, with 2 draws.

    But now the going gets tough.  

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by djbrow:

    It’s funny to see that you’re up and doing pretty good, and you’ve posted that it hasn’t felt like you had a great World Cup so far. How do you like four of my south American teams in the Sweet 16? I’m pretty happy about that.

    The way I see it, Japan is the worst of the teams left so if I am Belgium or England I go for the win without any reservations whatsoever. They would have to play Brazil at some point, or somebody would knock them off. On the other side I think Columbia is a very dangerous team and played much better than their record indicates.

    Truth be told....  Because I try to post early, and because of line moves - my record is much better if you bet closer to gametime than it is posted here.   A few of the "2 and 2.5" unders landed on 2, and the line at kickoff was 2.5 even.   Sweden was closer to +260 yesterday.  I can't remember a match where my posted line wasn't worse than what you could get closer to match kickoff - but it goes that way sometimes - I would rather win more real cash than covers record.

    Yeah - pretty sure there are 10 European sides, 4 S American, Mexico and Japan.  I actually thought Peru and Senegal are the two sides going out that deserved more - that would have made 5 SA sides to go through.  

    SA vs Europe so far is a straight up 3 wins for each side, with 2 draws.

    But now the going gets tough.  

     
    weimar74
    weimar74
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1326
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 1:40 PM ET #385

    what a shame - this could be one of the best qualifying matches if not best match of the tourney - like spain and portugal.  instead, who knows what we get.  if they tie, it will come down to yellows and belguim has 1 more currently.  only possible play is the under but who really knows until it starts
    Reply
    what a shame - this could be one of the best qualifying matches if not best match of the tourney - like spain and portugal.  instead, who knows what we get.  if they tie, it will come down to yellows and belguim has 1 more currently.  only possible play is the under but who really knows until it starts
     
    taurus
    taurus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 3778
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 1:47 PM ET #386

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    If you bet on this England / Belgium game....GL!!My picks:47.  England vs Belgium - no bet48.  Panama vs Tunisia over 2.5 +104 (1 unit to win 1.04) - going to stick with the trend here of meaningless group games going over - 8 of the last 9 have had 3 goals or more....GL
    thanks for your efforts on this forum, mr vanzack. I very much appreciate your taking the time to share your knowledge and expertise. Ben away since the tournament began, won 3 small plays in openers - Iceland to score a goal, Denmark, and Croatia- . Looking forward to joining you for the knockout stage. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    If you bet on this England / Belgium game....GL!!My picks:47.  England vs Belgium - no bet48.  Panama vs Tunisia over 2.5 +104 (1 unit to win 1.04) - going to stick with the trend here of meaningless group games going over - 8 of the last 9 have had 3 goals or more....GL
    thanks for your efforts on this forum, mr vanzack. I very much appreciate your taking the time to share your knowledge and expertise. Ben away since the tournament began, won 3 small plays in openers - Iceland to score a goal, Denmark, and Croatia- . Looking forward to joining you for the knockout stage. 

     
    SixGod
    SixGod
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 1475
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 3:31 PM ET #387

    VANZACK you killem em bro!!

     

    I tailed your over Tunisia/Panama OVER pick an_worshipgood call

    Reply

    VANZACK you killem em bro!!

     

    I tailed your over Tunisia/Panama OVER pick an_worshipgood call

     
    gottabedegen
    gottabedegen
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2013
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 7:44 PM ET #388

    Wanted to pop in here and say kudos to your analysis and record.  Nice to find someone on this site that is thoughtful.  I had a very similar read on the Colombia - Senegal match and still cannot believe the final scoreline and the play in general.  I thought that game was going to be a cracker and well, it wasn't. Unfortunately and stupidly, I had the over every which way in that game and now must bow out.  The Serbia and Mexico games followed by today, just destroyed my bankroll.  No discipline but essentially needed a goal from Mexico, Senegal, or Serbia and I'd still be alive but alas, they all got blanked.  (I'm a huge fan of BTTS prop).  Anywho, BOL to ya'll!

    Reply

    Wanted to pop in here and say kudos to your analysis and record.  Nice to find someone on this site that is thoughtful.  I had a very similar read on the Colombia - Senegal match and still cannot believe the final scoreline and the play in general.  I thought that game was going to be a cracker and well, it wasn't. Unfortunately and stupidly, I had the over every which way in that game and now must bow out.  The Serbia and Mexico games followed by today, just destroyed my bankroll.  No discipline but essentially needed a goal from Mexico, Senegal, or Serbia and I'd still be alive but alas, they all got blanked.  (I'm a huge fan of BTTS prop).  Anywho, BOL to ya'll!

     
    Ally8163
    Ally8163
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 98
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 8:46 PM ET #389

    thanks for the picks

    job well done
    Reply
    thanks for the picks

    job well done
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 8:47 PM ET #390

    Batshuayi celebrating the Belgium goal....

    https://streamable.com/9qad1

     

    an_roll_laugh

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Batshuayi celebrating the Belgium goal....

    https://streamable.com/9qad1

     

    an_roll_laugh

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 8:51 PM ET #391

    Quote Originally Posted by taurus:

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    If you bet on this England / Belgium game....GL!!My picks:47.  England vs Belgium - no bet48.  Panama vs Tunisia over 2.5 +104 (1 unit to win 1.04) - going to stick with the trend here of meaningless group games going over - 8 of the last 9 have had 3 goals or more....GL
    thanks for your efforts on this forum, mr vanzack. I very much appreciate your taking the time to share your knowledge and expertise. Ben away since the tournament began, won 3 small plays in openers - Iceland to score a goal, Denmark, and Croatia- . Looking forward to joining you for the knockout stage.

    Hey Taurus - good to see you around.

    GL

    an_cheers

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by taurus:

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    If you bet on this England / Belgium game....GL!!My picks:47.  England vs Belgium - no bet48.  Panama vs Tunisia over 2.5 +104 (1 unit to win 1.04) - going to stick with the trend here of meaningless group games going over - 8 of the last 9 have had 3 goals or more....GL
    thanks for your efforts on this forum, mr vanzack. I very much appreciate your taking the time to share your knowledge and expertise. Ben away since the tournament began, won 3 small plays in openers - Iceland to score a goal, Denmark, and Croatia- . Looking forward to joining you for the knockout stage.

    Hey Taurus - good to see you around.

    GL

    an_cheers

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 8:52 PM ET #392

    Quote Originally Posted by gottabedegen:

    Wanted to pop in here and say kudos to your analysis and record.  Nice to find someone on this site that is thoughtful.  I had a very similar read on the Colombia - Senegal match and still cannot believe the final scoreline and the play in general.  I thought that game was going to be a cracker and well, it wasn't. Unfortunately and stupidly, I had the over every which way in that game and now must bow out.  The Serbia and Mexico games followed by today, just destroyed my bankroll.  No discipline but essentially needed a goal from Mexico, Senegal, or Serbia and I'd still be alive but alas, they all got blanked.  (I'm a huge fan of BTTS prop).  Anywho, BOL to ya'll!

    Better luck to you.  Good games coming up!

    Ally, Sixgod - an_cheers

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by gottabedegen:

    Wanted to pop in here and say kudos to your analysis and record.  Nice to find someone on this site that is thoughtful.  I had a very similar read on the Colombia - Senegal match and still cannot believe the final scoreline and the play in general.  I thought that game was going to be a cracker and well, it wasn't. Unfortunately and stupidly, I had the over every which way in that game and now must bow out.  The Serbia and Mexico games followed by today, just destroyed my bankroll.  No discipline but essentially needed a goal from Mexico, Senegal, or Serbia and I'd still be alive but alas, they all got blanked.  (I'm a huge fan of BTTS prop).  Anywho, BOL to ya'll!

    Better luck to you.  Good games coming up!

    Ally, Sixgod - an_cheers

     
    djbrow
    djbrow
    Covers Referee
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 15751
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 9:09 PM ET #393

    Right off the top of your head:

    Best play of sweet 16 games?
    Best value play of sweet 16 games?
    Most likely upset of sweet 16 games?

    I say Belgium
    Uruguay 
    Columbia 



    Reply
    Right off the top of your head:

    Best play of sweet 16 games?
    Best value play of sweet 16 games?
    Most likely upset of sweet 16 games?

    I say Belgium
    Uruguay 
    Columbia 



     
    freestlyin
    freestlyin
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 39197
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 9:23 PM ET #394

    Quote Originally Posted by djbrow:

    Right off the top of your head:

    Best play of sweet 16 games?
    Best value play of sweet 16 games?
    Most likely upset of sweet 16 games?

    I say Belgium
    Uruguay 
    Columbia 




    I know the question was not posed to me but I couldn't agree more with all 3 of the above selections fitting each criteria
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by djbrow:

    Right off the top of your head:

    Best play of sweet 16 games?
    Best value play of sweet 16 games?
    Most likely upset of sweet 16 games?

    I say Belgium
    Uruguay 
    Columbia 




    I know the question was not posed to me but I couldn't agree more with all 3 of the above selections fitting each criteria
     
    djbrow
    djbrow
    Covers Referee
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 15751
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 10:20 PM ET #395

    Thanks buddy. Really was a question for anyone. Let's get this. 
    Reply
    Thanks buddy. Really was a question for anyone. Let's get this. 
     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2018 - 11:26 PM ET #396

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:


    I feel exactly what you are saying.  There are times I am more worried about my stupid covers pick losing than when I am personally losing thousands.  So I get it - and TBH - that is a lot of the reason I don't post.  It is a no win situation most of the time.

    My post to you earlier was not to knock your method in any way.  I have always been a whatever works type of person when it comes to gambling.  And if it has been working for you - keep at it.

    GL with the dissertation.  Much more important than this sh*t.



    Agreed on what you said above. That is exactly how I feel when I post and lose:)

    Great job today. But I would not call the Columbia win lucky because you were unlucky to have Rodriguez go down early in the match. With him in there, I think Columbia would have gotten that goal earlier. I hope you kill it going forward!

    For fun, here is who I see going through and why:

    Spain: lots of pressure on them an new coach to get out of group play, that pressure is now off.

    Croatia: just a solid team all around.

    Switzerland: Swedes must be running out of gas, after the roller coaster ride they have had in group play.

    Columbia: bad karma for England trying to win second place to get the Columbia matchup (also, star player out theory, if Rodriguez does not play).

    Uruguay: Ronaldo can't keep carrying his team against superior opponents, can he?

    Tina: On paper, it is all France but Tina is the team coming into the game with momentum and the belief that comes with overcoming adversity, beating the odds, and having a guy like Messi on your side, while France comes in as the lazy, fat favorite that coasted through group play and mailed in their final game.
     
    Brazil: classic big brother vs little brother dynamic. Mexico is an inferior version of Brazil.
     
    Belgium: Their opponent is Japan:)

    Good luck!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:


    I feel exactly what you are saying.  There are times I am more worried about my stupid covers pick losing than when I am personally losing thousands.  So I get it - and TBH - that is a lot of the reason I don't post.  It is a no win situation most of the time.

    My post to you earlier was not to knock your method in any way.  I have always been a whatever works type of person when it comes to gambling.  And if it has been working for you - keep at it.

    GL with the dissertation.  Much more important than this sh*t.



    Agreed on what you said above. That is exactly how I feel when I post and lose:)

    Great job today. But I would not call the Columbia win lucky because you were unlucky to have Rodriguez go down early in the match. With him in there, I think Columbia would have gotten that goal earlier. I hope you kill it going forward!

    For fun, here is who I see going through and why:

    Spain: lots of pressure on them an new coach to get out of group play, that pressure is now off.

    Croatia: just a solid team all around.

    Switzerland: Swedes must be running out of gas, after the roller coaster ride they have had in group play.

    Columbia: bad karma for England trying to win second place to get the Columbia matchup (also, star player out theory, if Rodriguez does not play).

    Uruguay: Ronaldo can't keep carrying his team against superior opponents, can he?

    Tina: On paper, it is all France but Tina is the team coming into the game with momentum and the belief that comes with overcoming adversity, beating the odds, and having a guy like Messi on your side, while France comes in as the lazy, fat favorite that coasted through group play and mailed in their final game.
     
    Brazil: classic big brother vs little brother dynamic. Mexico is an inferior version of Brazil.
     
    Belgium: Their opponent is Japan:)

    Good luck!
     
    Over_under_O
    Over_under_O
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2017
    Posts: 210
    Posted: Jun. 29, 2018 - 5:28 AM ET #397

    Spain -1 is square but it has to be the best bet of the 16. 

    How is Russia going to win? They’re awful. 

    Reply

    Spain -1 is square but it has to be the best bet of the 16. 

    How is Russia going to win? They’re awful. 

     
    lordzud
    lordzud
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2010
    Posts: 2349
    Posted: Jun. 29, 2018 - 9:15 AM ET #398

    Great job Van, it's damned hard to beat the books and you have done it repeatedly. My opinions are worse than worthless but another guy Diamondjack over at the soccer forum is kicking behind just like you are and has done it for multiple world cups. Assessment of a good capper requires a very very large sample size to be accurate and you two have done it. Congrats. 

    Diamondjack likes France at +145 to beat Argentina. His reasoning is as follows.

    Argentina & Messi are getting too much love from the books.They were lucky to get to this point after a really bad group stage performance. France are not a Nigeria or Iceland they are France who are arguably better than Croatia and we know how that ended up for the south Americans. France are well rested, stacked at all positions not just forwards like Argentina. Argentina could not cope with the midfield strength of Croatia & France have been too cautious having teams defend against them. Argentina unlike their great teams of the past cant defend which should play into the hands of the French.


     everybody and get those greedy stinkin books
    Reply
    Great job Van, it's damned hard to beat the books and you have done it repeatedly. My opinions are worse than worthless but another guy Diamondjack over at the soccer forum is kicking behind just like you are and has done it for multiple world cups. Assessment of a good capper requires a very very large sample size to be accurate and you two have done it. Congrats. 

    Diamondjack likes France at +145 to beat Argentina. His reasoning is as follows.

    Argentina & Messi are getting too much love from the books.They were lucky to get to this point after a really bad group stage performance. France are not a Nigeria or Iceland they are France who are arguably better than Croatia and we know how that ended up for the south Americans. France are well rested, stacked at all positions not just forwards like Argentina. Argentina could not cope with the midfield strength of Croatia & France have been too cautious having teams defend against them. Argentina unlike their great teams of the past cant defend which should play into the hands of the French.


     everybody and get those greedy stinkin books
     
    lordzud
    lordzud
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2010
    Posts: 2349
    Posted: Jun. 29, 2018 - 9:19 AM ET #399

    Note the best cappers don't just make their picks, they articulately explain their picks and by doing so educate the rest of us gambling suckers. 

    again and  Van
    Reply
    Note the best cappers don't just make their picks, they articulately explain their picks and by doing so educate the rest of us gambling suckers. 

    again and  Van
     
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 29, 2018 - 1:29 PM ET #400

    Quote Originally Posted by djbrow:

    Right off the top of your head:

    Best play of sweet 16 games?
    Best value play of sweet 16 games?
    Most likely upset of sweet 16 games?

    I say Belgium
    Uruguay 
    Columbia 




    Belgium (I assume this means no odds involved)
    Denmark
    Sweden
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by djbrow:

    Right off the top of your head:

    Best play of sweet 16 games?
    Best value play of sweet 16 games?
    Most likely upset of sweet 16 games?

    I say Belgium
    Uruguay 
    Columbia 




    Belgium (I assume this means no odds involved)
    Denmark
    Sweden
    All Forums | FIFA World Cup
    «First Previous 161718 ... 303132 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,333
    • Friday 10/02/2026 907
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,378
    • PART DEUX 270
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,230
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,412
    • Week 5 Money 7,332
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,635
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,594
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,759

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.