• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    Boston College at Southern California (12/26/2009)

    123 Next Last»
    Covers
    inthemoney
    phancard
    hawkeyefan1433
    Irisheyez
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 9517
    Posts: 62
    123 Next Last»
     
    Covers
    Covers
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2002
    Posts: 61
    Posted: Dec. 6, 2009 - 8:32 PM ET #1

    Away:  Boston College [6-5 ATS]
    Home:  Southern California [3-9 ATS]

    Game Time: 8:00 PM
    Stadium: AT&T Park

    Recent Meetings:
    09/01/88 - USC 34 vs. BCOLL 7
    09/19/87 - BCOLL 17 vs. USC 23

    Team Leaders:

    Boston College:
    Passing: David Shinskie (1831)
    Rushing: Montel Harris (1357)
    Receiving: Rich Gunnell (750)

    Southern California:
    Passing: Matt Barkley (2385)
    Rushing: Joe McKnight (1016)
    Receiving: Damian Williams (821)

    More:
    Live Odds
    In-Depth Matchup Information
    Consensus Betting Information

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Away:  Boston College [6-5 ATS]
    Home:  Southern California [3-9 ATS]

    Game Time: 8:00 PM
    Stadium: AT&T Park

    Recent Meetings:
    09/01/88 - USC 34 vs. BCOLL 7
    09/19/87 - BCOLL 17 vs. USC 23

    Team Leaders:

    Boston College:
    Passing: David Shinskie (1831)
    Rushing: Montel Harris (1357)
    Receiving: Rich Gunnell (750)

    Southern California:
    Passing: Matt Barkley (2385)
    Rushing: Joe McKnight (1016)
    Receiving: Damian Williams (821)

    More:
    Live Odds
    In-Depth Matchup Information
    Consensus Betting Information

     
    inthemoney
    inthemoney
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 644
    Posted: Dec. 7, 2009 - 11:12 AM ET #2

    Barkley continues to make big mistakes u might see qb change here if BC can get there def together i'll take them but that last gm against NC demolished will have to lean USC.
    Reply
    Barkley continues to make big mistakes u might see qb change here if BC can get there def together i'll take them but that last gm against NC demolished will have to lean USC.
     
    phancard
    phancard
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 3706
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2009 - 3:30 AM ET #3

    One thing I have learn about USC is that they show up for their bowl game. They have under achieved this year but I think the Pac Ten have vastly improved. USC -9 , BC Offense is very vanilla.
    Reply
    One thing I have learn about USC is that they show up for their bowl game. They have under achieved this year but I think the Pac Ten have vastly improved. USC -9 , BC Offense is very vanilla.
     
    hawkeyefan1433
    hawkeyefan1433
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 3235
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2009 - 1:49 PM ET #4

    USC vs. Boston College..

    Some stats...

    • Neither of these teams come in playing well. BC has been outscored 46-58 in their last 3 games, while USC has been outscored 66-83 in their last 3
    • USC is 3-9 ATS this year, BC is 6-5
    • USC is 4-3 against bowl teams, BC is 2-3.
    • The record of the teams USC has beaten is 45-51. The record for NC is 31-48 (not including their Division 2 victory)
    • When Boston College loses, they lose by and average of 18.5. When USC wins, they win by an average of 17.9.
    • Boston College is 10-2 straight up in their last 12 bowl games. USC is 9-3 straight up in their last 12 bowl games.

     

    USC Offensive Breakdown:

    Points Scored: 64
    Total Yards: 58
    Pass Yards: 68
    Rush Yards: 40

    BC Defensive Breakdown

    Points Allowed: 18
    Total yards allowed:23
    Pass Yards Allowed:54
    Rush Yards Allowed: 15

    Analysis: USC offense has stalled as of late. They have averaged 20 points per game over the last 5 games. Boston college has a very good run defense. If they can shut down the run early, it may force Barkley to throw more often then they want. Boston College then could possibly force the freshman to make some mistakes. No significant advantage one way or another here.

    BC Offensive Breakdown:

    Points Scored: 71
    Total Yards: 97
    Pass Yards: 84
    Rush Yards: 70

    USC Defensive Breakdown

    Points Allowed: 22
    Total yards allowed: 42
    Pass Yards Allowed:52
    Rush Yards Allowed: 42

    Analysis: Boston College offense is not very good, although they have averaged 24 points over their last 6. I don't expect the BC offense to have a lot of sucess. IF they come out and air it out early and surprise them, I think that may be their best bet. I think this game will depend solely on turnovers and special teams. Who ever can get the most points off of those, I think wins the game.

    Other:

    Net Punt Avg:
    USC: 37.1 yards
    BC: 37.2 yards

    Yards per Kick Return avg:
    USC: 18.9 yards
    BC: 21.0 yards

    Yards per Kick Return avg AGAINST:
    USC: 24.6 yards
    BC: 19.3 yards

    Penalties / yards per game
    USC: 7 / 63.4
    BC: 5 /  44.7

    3rd Down Conversion (offensive):
    USC: 34%
    BC: 30%

    3rd Down Conversions (defensive):
    USC: 38%
    BC: 33%

    Field Goals:
    USC: 11/15 (73.3%)
    BC: 13/14 (92.9%)

    Red Zone Scores (offensive)
    USC: 87%
    BC: 90%

    Red Zone Scores (defensvie)
    USC: 82%
    BC: 78%

    Red Zone Touchdown (offensive)
    USC: 63%
    BC: 62%

    Red Zone Touchdown (defensive)
    USC: 55%
    BC: 39%

    Analysis: I'd take a long hard look at this section. With the lack of offense, the little things like these will play an even bigger roll. For example, BC is better in both Kick return yards for them and against then USC. That could mean say an avg of 10 yards better for BC then USC, so that would take on a bigger significance when there is lack of offense. Also, BC is much better in the penalty category. BC does not put them in 2 and 20 situations which would be almost impossible to pick up in this game. And then we get to the Red Zone touchdowns  and field goals. BC defense does not allowe many touchdowns in the red zone. In a low scoring affair like this, getting touchdowns when you get in the red zone is huge. BC will be able to hold USC to field goals. Furthermore, BC has the better field goal kicker.


    Final Analysis: This will be an ugly game. I just see nothing that will warrant USC winning big. You also have to look at who wants to be here. BC is probably THRILLED to go to a bowl game in California and escape the cold, while USC doesn't leave its home state. Also, will USC really get pumped up to play in the Emerald bowl after so many BCS bowls in a row? Have they already declared this a lost season? I think its a possibility. I think USC does just enough to squeak out the victory, but not enough to cover.

    USC: 20
    BC: 17

    Reply

    USC vs. Boston College..

    Some stats...

    • Neither of these teams come in playing well. BC has been outscored 46-58 in their last 3 games, while USC has been outscored 66-83 in their last 3
    • USC is 3-9 ATS this year, BC is 6-5
    • USC is 4-3 against bowl teams, BC is 2-3.
    • The record of the teams USC has beaten is 45-51. The record for NC is 31-48 (not including their Division 2 victory)
    • When Boston College loses, they lose by and average of 18.5. When USC wins, they win by an average of 17.9.
    • Boston College is 10-2 straight up in their last 12 bowl games. USC is 9-3 straight up in their last 12 bowl games.

     

    USC Offensive Breakdown:

    Points Scored: 64
    Total Yards: 58
    Pass Yards: 68
    Rush Yards: 40

    BC Defensive Breakdown

    Points Allowed: 18
    Total yards allowed:23
    Pass Yards Allowed:54
    Rush Yards Allowed: 15

    Analysis: USC offense has stalled as of late. They have averaged 20 points per game over the last 5 games. Boston college has a very good run defense. If they can shut down the run early, it may force Barkley to throw more often then they want. Boston College then could possibly force the freshman to make some mistakes. No significant advantage one way or another here.

    BC Offensive Breakdown:

    Points Scored: 71
    Total Yards: 97
    Pass Yards: 84
    Rush Yards: 70

    USC Defensive Breakdown

    Points Allowed: 22
    Total yards allowed: 42
    Pass Yards Allowed:52
    Rush Yards Allowed: 42

    Analysis: Boston College offense is not very good, although they have averaged 24 points over their last 6. I don't expect the BC offense to have a lot of sucess. IF they come out and air it out early and surprise them, I think that may be their best bet. I think this game will depend solely on turnovers and special teams. Who ever can get the most points off of those, I think wins the game.

    Other:

    Net Punt Avg:
    USC: 37.1 yards
    BC: 37.2 yards

    Yards per Kick Return avg:
    USC: 18.9 yards
    BC: 21.0 yards

    Yards per Kick Return avg AGAINST:
    USC: 24.6 yards
    BC: 19.3 yards

    Penalties / yards per game
    USC: 7 / 63.4
    BC: 5 /  44.7

    3rd Down Conversion (offensive):
    USC: 34%
    BC: 30%

    3rd Down Conversions (defensive):
    USC: 38%
    BC: 33%

    Field Goals:
    USC: 11/15 (73.3%)
    BC: 13/14 (92.9%)

    Red Zone Scores (offensive)
    USC: 87%
    BC: 90%

    Red Zone Scores (defensvie)
    USC: 82%
    BC: 78%

    Red Zone Touchdown (offensive)
    USC: 63%
    BC: 62%

    Red Zone Touchdown (defensive)
    USC: 55%
    BC: 39%

    Analysis: I'd take a long hard look at this section. With the lack of offense, the little things like these will play an even bigger roll. For example, BC is better in both Kick return yards for them and against then USC. That could mean say an avg of 10 yards better for BC then USC, so that would take on a bigger significance when there is lack of offense. Also, BC is much better in the penalty category. BC does not put them in 2 and 20 situations which would be almost impossible to pick up in this game. And then we get to the Red Zone touchdowns  and field goals. BC defense does not allowe many touchdowns in the red zone. In a low scoring affair like this, getting touchdowns when you get in the red zone is huge. BC will be able to hold USC to field goals. Furthermore, BC has the better field goal kicker.


    Final Analysis: This will be an ugly game. I just see nothing that will warrant USC winning big. You also have to look at who wants to be here. BC is probably THRILLED to go to a bowl game in California and escape the cold, while USC doesn't leave its home state. Also, will USC really get pumped up to play in the Emerald bowl after so many BCS bowls in a row? Have they already declared this a lost season? I think its a possibility. I think USC does just enough to squeak out the victory, but not enough to cover.

    USC: 20
    BC: 17

     
    Irisheyez
    Irisheyez
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 3457
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2009 - 6:41 PM ET #5

    My Irish beat BC this year........so I don't know if I can take them with that being said.......but this ain't the USC we are used to seeing.  I said at the onset of the year that USC would lose 3 games this year and most people told me to take a long walk on a short pier.  That being said, I think that 9 points might be too much for a struggling QB and team to cover.  USC should find a way to win.......Unbelievable that that phase is even uttered after the last 7 years........but that is the way I feel.  BC might be the play here.......but Pete is one of the best in preparing over a month for a game........so maybe USC can roll...........right now.....I have no idea on Dec. 14th
    Reply
    My Irish beat BC this year........so I don't know if I can take them with that being said.......but this ain't the USC we are used to seeing.  I said at the onset of the year that USC would lose 3 games this year and most people told me to take a long walk on a short pier.  That being said, I think that 9 points might be too much for a struggling QB and team to cover.  USC should find a way to win.......Unbelievable that that phase is even uttered after the last 7 years........but that is the way I feel.  BC might be the play here.......but Pete is one of the best in preparing over a month for a game........so maybe USC can roll...........right now.....I have no idea on Dec. 14th
     
    jjo5013
    jjo5013
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 182
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2009 - 12:55 PM ET #6

    No play yet here for me.  Early lean on BC though.  If the line gets to 10 will probably play BC.  USC was a 7pt favorite against AZ and I played Arizona SU there.  I have no evidence that USC will roll in this game. Just a matter of seeing if the line will move a little more with John Q. Public playing USC as the USC they have been and not who they are this year.
    Reply
    No play yet here for me.  Early lean on BC though.  If the line gets to 10 will probably play BC.  USC was a 7pt favorite against AZ and I played Arizona SU there.  I have no evidence that USC will roll in this game. Just a matter of seeing if the line will move a little more with John Q. Public playing USC as the USC they have been and not who they are this year.
     
    JOE_T25
    JOE_T25
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2009 - 9:45 PM ET #7

    Looks like BC beat alot of bad teams, they lost to the good ones, give me USC. HUGE here.
    Reply
    Looks like BC beat alot of bad teams, they lost to the good ones, give me USC. HUGE here.
     
    Backroads23
    Backroads23
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 368
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2009 - 3:55 PM ET #8

    This is one of my favorite bowl games of the year. The Pac-10 top to bottom is a better conference than the ACC. The players are faster, the skills and the talent are much better in the Pac-10. Pete Carroll is great in bowl games because if you give him a few weeks to prepare, he will dissect your team. I see BC having a lot of trouble scoring as well. Overall, I see this game as a double digit win for USC. Maybe something like 24-7 USC.

    USC -7.5
    Reply
    This is one of my favorite bowl games of the year. The Pac-10 top to bottom is a better conference than the ACC. The players are faster, the skills and the talent are much better in the Pac-10. Pete Carroll is great in bowl games because if you give him a few weeks to prepare, he will dissect your team. I see BC having a lot of trouble scoring as well. Overall, I see this game as a double digit win for USC. Maybe something like 24-7 USC.

    USC -7.5
     
    FatSkier
    FatSkier
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 210
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2009 - 8:17 PM ET #9

    for now, Im leaning BC.  USC has so many issues right now, the latest being an NCAA investigation into their starting star Running Back, who may not be eligible for the bowl game.  Also, LA TIMES reported today that 3 significant starters will be out for the bowl game for SC.  money tends to flow to SC cuz of high roller rich alumni base, so thats why they are 3-9 ATS.  dont get fooled, take a serious look at BC....the line is good right now....waiting to see if it moves any....
    Reply
    for now, Im leaning BC.  USC has so many issues right now, the latest being an NCAA investigation into their starting star Running Back, who may not be eligible for the bowl game.  Also, LA TIMES reported today that 3 significant starters will be out for the bowl game for SC.  money tends to flow to SC cuz of high roller rich alumni base, so thats why they are 3-9 ATS.  dont get fooled, take a serious look at BC....the line is good right now....waiting to see if it moves any....
     
    CollegeSharp
    CollegeSharp
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 2751
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2009 - 4:54 AM ET #10

      Boston College +7.5  Medium Play.  Final Play.  Sharp 
    Reply
      Boston College +7.5  Medium Play.  Final Play.  Sharp 
     
    ctoy76
    ctoy76
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 470
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2009 - 12:21 AM ET #11

    Hello Everyone, this is my first post, but I have been reading the threads for several months now.  A lot of good info on this site.  Does anyone have any new information on the two starters for USC who may be ineligible to play this Saturday because of Academic reasons?  I believe these are two defensive starters.  Not sure of their names. I will actually be at the game this Saturday vs Boston College.  I will cheering for Boston College seeing as how I am Cal Fan and Grad.  GL to everyone.
    Reply
    Hello Everyone, this is my first post, but I have been reading the threads for several months now.  A lot of good info on this site.  Does anyone have any new information on the two starters for USC who may be ineligible to play this Saturday because of Academic reasons?  I believe these are two defensive starters.  Not sure of their names. I will actually be at the game this Saturday vs Boston College.  I will cheering for Boston College seeing as how I am Cal Fan and Grad.  GL to everyone.
     
    gtsum
    gtsum
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 3712
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2009 - 2:43 PM ET #12

    Pac 10 is clearly the better conference this year (dare I say the BEST conference top to bottom???), but so far they are flopping BIG time in the bowls (OSU, Cal, and I expect Ohio State to beat Oregon as well).  USC is nowhere near the team they were a few years ago, and BC is not an exciting team at all, but I like more then a TD spread in this game and I will side with the hungrier (you KNOW USC does not want to be at this bowl game) team and back the Eagles
    Reply
    Pac 10 is clearly the better conference this year (dare I say the BEST conference top to bottom???), but so far they are flopping BIG time in the bowls (OSU, Cal, and I expect Ohio State to beat Oregon as well).  USC is nowhere near the team they were a few years ago, and BC is not an exciting team at all, but I like more then a TD spread in this game and I will side with the hungrier (you KNOW USC does not want to be at this bowl game) team and back the Eagles
     
    Ber
    Ber
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 348
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2009 - 8:56 PM ET #13

    USC on the ML.
    Reply
    USC on the ML.
     
    Skubishack
    Skubishack
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 14624
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2009 - 10:34 PM ET #14

    USC is my #1 college team but I am fully aware that they have sucked ATS for some time now. Thier offense has been non-existent lately and without that long pass at the end of the UCLA game they would have scored 21 or under in thier last 5 games.

    USC FOOTBALL???????

    This game is in California but not SoCal, it's NorCal and the weather has been chilly in the Bay Area for a while now. I think the weather favors BC in this game by the Bay. I just don't trust USC enough to lay a TD or more. I'd be more comfartable at USC-3 but since that is not the case I am now considering on putting my money on BC here. I guess I'll hold out until I see the teams in the pregame and see who is gonna miss the game for both sides.

    Leaning with BC now.

    Reply

    USC is my #1 college team but I am fully aware that they have sucked ATS for some time now. Thier offense has been non-existent lately and without that long pass at the end of the UCLA game they would have scored 21 or under in thier last 5 games.

    USC FOOTBALL???????

    This game is in California but not SoCal, it's NorCal and the weather has been chilly in the Bay Area for a while now. I think the weather favors BC in this game by the Bay. I just don't trust USC enough to lay a TD or more. I'd be more comfartable at USC-3 but since that is not the case I am now considering on putting my money on BC here. I guess I'll hold out until I see the teams in the pregame and see who is gonna miss the game for both sides.

    Leaning with BC now.

     
    Skubishack
    Skubishack
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 14624
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2009 - 10:38 PM ET #15

    The under 44 looks very good as well.
    Reply
    The under 44 looks very good as well.
     
    Skubishack
    Skubishack
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 14624
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2009 - 10:52 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Skubishack:

    USC is my #1 college team but I am fully aware that they have sucked ATS for some time now. Thier offense has been non-existent lately and without that long pass at the end of the UCLA game they would have scored 21 or under in thier last 5 games.

    USC FOOTBALL???????

    This game is in California but not SoCal, it's NorCal and the weather has been chilly in the Bay Area for a while now. I think the weather favors BC in this game by the Bay. I just don't trust USC enough to lay a TD or more. I'd be more comfartable at USC-3 but since that is not the case I am now considering on putting my money on BC here. I guess I'll hold out until I see the teams in the pregame and see who is gonna miss the game for both sides.

    Leaning with BC now.

    Comfartable..... Ha,ha,ha.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Skubishack:

    USC is my #1 college team but I am fully aware that they have sucked ATS for some time now. Thier offense has been non-existent lately and without that long pass at the end of the UCLA game they would have scored 21 or under in thier last 5 games.

    USC FOOTBALL???????

    This game is in California but not SoCal, it's NorCal and the weather has been chilly in the Bay Area for a while now. I think the weather favors BC in this game by the Bay. I just don't trust USC enough to lay a TD or more. I'd be more comfartable at USC-3 but since that is not the case I am now considering on putting my money on BC here. I guess I'll hold out until I see the teams in the pregame and see who is gonna miss the game for both sides.

    Leaning with BC now.

    Comfartable..... Ha,ha,ha.

     
    SNIPER702
    SNIPER702
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 581
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2009 - 2:02 AM ET #17

    THIS IS STILL THE USC THAT WENT INTO THE HORESHOE AND BEAT THE BUCKEYE'S. THIS TEAM WILL GET UP FOR BIG GAMES. I HATE USC, BUT I DON'T THINK BC SCORES IN THIS GAME. USC IS A YOUNG TEAM WITH A FRESHMAN QB AND A LOT OF FRES. AND SOPH'S THIS WILL BE THIER FIRST BOWL GAME.

    USC ---BIG

    WHEN THE SNIPER SPEAKS SMART PEOPLE LISTEN

    Reply

    THIS IS STILL THE USC THAT WENT INTO THE HORESHOE AND BEAT THE BUCKEYE'S. THIS TEAM WILL GET UP FOR BIG GAMES. I HATE USC, BUT I DON'T THINK BC SCORES IN THIS GAME. USC IS A YOUNG TEAM WITH A FRESHMAN QB AND A LOT OF FRES. AND SOPH'S THIS WILL BE THIER FIRST BOWL GAME.

    USC ---BIG

    WHEN THE SNIPER SPEAKS SMART PEOPLE LISTEN

     
    NASTYNESS
    NASTYNESS
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 1410
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2009 - 2:22 AM ET #18

    USC PLUS 3 ON A TEASER
    Reply
    USC PLUS 3 ON A TEASER
     
    titomagic33
    titomagic33
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 222
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2009 - 4:11 PM ET #19

    Boston College will not be intimadated by USC at All. Nore do I think they will be impressed. If USC wins it will not be by more than a touchdown period. BC has been a very competitive team all year long nothing flashy about BC they just come to play football they don't have any pressure on them at all USC needs this game way more than BC
    Reply
    Boston College will not be intimadated by USC at All. Nore do I think they will be impressed. If USC wins it will not be by more than a touchdown period. BC has been a very competitive team all year long nothing flashy about BC they just come to play football they don't have any pressure on them at all USC needs this game way more than BC
     
    IOWAFATTS
    IOWAFATTS
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 414
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2009 - 5:57 PM ET #20

    SC easy,  they still have the better athletes,better freshman QB.

    I feel that SC reserves will pound BC starters.This gets ugly in the 4th quarter... it is what is....

    Reply

    SC easy,  they still have the better athletes,better freshman QB.

    I feel that SC reserves will pound BC starters.This gets ugly in the 4th quarter... it is what is....

     
    saintswin
    saintswin
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2009 - 8:45 PM ET #21

    USC is big in bowl games. 6-1 since 2002 with only loss to TX. Avg margin of victory of 23 points against much better teams than BC. This years team is clearly not as good as in past years, but Carroll and staff need to be given some credit for getting their team ready over the long break in years past. I'll lay the 7 on the better atheletes and proven coaching staff.
    Reply
    USC is big in bowl games. 6-1 since 2002 with only loss to TX. Avg margin of victory of 23 points against much better teams than BC. This years team is clearly not as good as in past years, but Carroll and staff need to be given some credit for getting their team ready over the long break in years past. I'll lay the 7 on the better atheletes and proven coaching staff.
     
    T-bone_
    T-bone_
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 17
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2009 - 9:42 PM ET #22

     You better watch it .............lots of dogs have won the latest bowl games.....the dogs seem to want it more...BC will be fired up for being back in a Bowl game.....I like the points here.
    Reply
     You better watch it .............lots of dogs have won the latest bowl games.....the dogs seem to want it more...BC will be fired up for being back in a Bowl game.....I like the points here.
     
    UL-LAFAYETTEKID
    UL-LAFAYETTEKID
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 1509
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2009 - 11:14 PM ET #23

    can;t lay points with USC contingent that was very overrated in the preseason polls,, and BC getting good production from back harris   so will take big number with BC squad  THAT IS  very happy to be bowling,, look fo  r     BC;S  huge O-line to wear down a fast but under sized USC D line....allowing  harris to break some big gainers late in the game...BC WINS  this outright .........BC---38-----17..................................

    Reply

    can;t lay points with USC contingent that was very overrated in the preseason polls,, and BC getting good production from back harris   so will take big number with BC squad  THAT IS  very happy to be bowling,, look fo  r     BC;S  huge O-line to wear down a fast but under sized USC D line....allowing  harris to break some big gainers late in the game...BC WINS  this outright .........BC---38-----17..................................

     
    bkg1010
    bkg1010
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 5818
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2009 - 11:45 PM ET #24

    Early lean is BC and the points.  USC usually gets up for their Bowl games and this year they have something to prove.  Pete has declared this a lost season but I think it effects the players the other way, fires them up !!   Hard to lay the points though, just not sure yet ?? 
    Reply
    Early lean is BC and the points.  USC usually gets up for their Bowl games and this year they have something to prove.  Pete has declared this a lost season but I think it effects the players the other way, fires them up !!   Hard to lay the points though, just not sure yet ?? 
     
     
    a1b2c3d4e5f6
    a1b2c3d4e5f6
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 317
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2009 - 2:07 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by NASTYNESS:

    USC PLUS 3 ON A TEASER

     

    OK - so what is Part #2. And you really need to do some homework on just how awful CFB Teasrs really are. if you did you'd never play one again. They are stupid plays made by stupid people which you are in you play a CFB Teaser

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by NASTYNESS:

    USC PLUS 3 ON A TEASER

     

    OK - so what is Part #2. And you really need to do some homework on just how awful CFB Teasrs really are. if you did you'd never play one again. They are stupid plays made by stupid people which you are in you play a CFB Teaser

    All Forums | College Football
    123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,414
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 688
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,351
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,643
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,824
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,500
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,880
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,271
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 16,850
    • Los Angeles Rams @ Philadelphia Eagles 5,884

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.