Been watching every Cal game this year and have a good handle on this team. As some may recall, I had my POY on Clemson +1 and they beat Cal by 14.
We are fading Cal once again here as this team is poorly coached (penalties galore) and schematically very vanilla due to the first time HC/OC/DC. Cal has been thoroughly getting outplayed by every school they've faced.
VT is a good team coached by James Franklin. The mismatch in terms of coaching here is literally night and day.
Cal's QB JKS has looked like he's regressed and he is not comfortable in the pocket, especially since the O-line has been doing a terrible job protecting him. My one area of concern for this coming game is that JKS may not play as he got injured last week and the back up QB Jackson Brosseau came in and actually looked pretty decent against UNLV. Keep in mind that now there is film on Brosseau and I think VT will be ready for him in the event JKS is out once again.
I know this is heavy juice guys and I normally never lay this kind of juice but I just do not see VT losing this game unless they lose the turnover margin significantly (i.e. -2 or more in turnover margin). Lay the juice here with confidence, Cal is not winning this game.
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Been watching every Cal game this year and have a good handle on this team. As some may recall, I had my POY on Clemson +1 and they beat Cal by 14.
We are fading Cal once again here as this team is poorly coached (penalties galore) and schematically very vanilla due to the first time HC/OC/DC. Cal has been thoroughly getting outplayed by every school they've faced.
VT is a good team coached by James Franklin. The mismatch in terms of coaching here is literally night and day.
Cal's QB JKS has looked like he's regressed and he is not comfortable in the pocket, especially since the O-line has been doing a terrible job protecting him. My one area of concern for this coming game is that JKS may not play as he got injured last week and the back up QB Jackson Brosseau came in and actually looked pretty decent against UNLV. Keep in mind that now there is film on Brosseau and I think VT will be ready for him in the event JKS is out once again.
I know this is heavy juice guys and I normally never lay this kind of juice but I just do not see VT losing this game unless they lose the turnover margin significantly (i.e. -2 or more in turnover margin). Lay the juice here with confidence, Cal is not winning this game.
Tosh Lupoi just announced that he had made a change in play calling duties midway through the UNLV game last week going from Jordan Somerville to Pat McCann. Somerville had been absolutely horrendous and Cal actually looked decent under McCann.
Still do not think Cal win's this game but I think we do see an improved Cal offense this week against VT which is something to keep in mind here.
Tosh Lupoi just announced that he had made a change in play calling duties midway through the UNLV game last week going from Jordan Somerville to Pat McCann. Somerville had been absolutely horrendous and Cal actually looked decent under McCann.
Still do not think Cal win's this game but I think we do see an improved Cal offense this week against VT which is something to keep in mind here.
Agree but Cal Defense is bad along with their offense! They been having a hard time playing both sides of the field. Nothing is easy or guarantee, but I think V-Tech will take out their anger from last Friday's game vs Pitt after that lost.
@Igglez
Agree but Cal Defense is bad along with their offense! They been having a hard time playing both sides of the field. Nothing is easy or guarantee, but I think V-Tech will take out their anger from last Friday's game vs Pitt after that lost.
I'm a Cal savant myself ha .....they're very predictable in the past, so far this staff too
>> played vs Cuse - biggest bet of the week ON Clemson ......
The only thing that might be a concern here, is James Franklin's very shaky history off a SU loss....
He fixed it his last 4 years or so at Penn St, but before that he was THE worst in the country by far (about 22% ATS off a loss) - meaning he was doing something very wrong. I would think they bounce back here - but hard to tell. Being favored by that many off a HOME loss, on a long road trip? ....... I might bet them live/2H if they get down early. BOL
It is better to be feared - than to be loved.
Wassup CB .............
I'm a Cal savant myself ha .....they're very predictable in the past, so far this staff too
>> played vs Cuse - biggest bet of the week ON Clemson ......
The only thing that might be a concern here, is James Franklin's very shaky history off a SU loss....
He fixed it his last 4 years or so at Penn St, but before that he was THE worst in the country by far (about 22% ATS off a loss) - meaning he was doing something very wrong. I would think they bounce back here - but hard to tell. Being favored by that many off a HOME loss, on a long road trip? ....... I might bet them live/2H if they get down early. BOL
That's a great point, thank you for pointing that out. So there is that stat with Franklin being bad and now we have a new OC for Cal in Pat McCann. When I posted this, it was assuming Somerville would be OC who sucks big time. It's a bit more unknown with McCann and Cal did look good against UNLV in the 2nd half when he was calling the plays. It's giving me a bit more pause now.
Ultimately, I still do not think Cal gets things together a week later and wins this game but if I didn't already have my bet in I would probably lower it from an XL to a M or L.
Cal still has very poor O-line play and the defense has been a bit subpar overall in my opinion. Thinking VT has better athletes and better coaching so they should be able to get it done here. It's just not as high of a level of confidence with a new OC out there for Cal who looked pretty good last week and what you mentioned about Franklin.
@bookieassassin
That's a great point, thank you for pointing that out. So there is that stat with Franklin being bad and now we have a new OC for Cal in Pat McCann. When I posted this, it was assuming Somerville would be OC who sucks big time. It's a bit more unknown with McCann and Cal did look good against UNLV in the 2nd half when he was calling the plays. It's giving me a bit more pause now.
Ultimately, I still do not think Cal gets things together a week later and wins this game but if I didn't already have my bet in I would probably lower it from an XL to a M or L.
Cal still has very poor O-line play and the defense has been a bit subpar overall in my opinion. Thinking VT has better athletes and better coaching so they should be able to get it done here. It's just not as high of a level of confidence with a new OC out there for Cal who looked pretty good last week and what you mentioned about Franklin.
GOT ALL THE V.TECH i need for now .. good luck (1.) ml tied to dallas cowboys ml (-189) ..... (2.) ml tied to mississippi ml cfb (-166) and the #20 post only need ml to close ..
goldfinger 1964
GOT ALL THE V.TECH i need for now .. good luck (1.) ml tied to dallas cowboys ml (-189) ..... (2.) ml tied to mississippi ml cfb (-166) and the #20 post only need ml to close ..