• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    LonghornHoosier - Leans - Week 9 - Input Requested...

    12 Next Last»
    LonghornHoosier
    spottie2935
    Boisestateand8
    steponaduck
    DegenNaysh
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2306
    Posts: 31
    12 Next Last»
     
    LonghornHoosier
    LonghornHoosier
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 12303
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2024 - 11:21 PM ET #1

    NCAAF Community

     

    Well, I am 50% season to date, or 17-17-0 NCAAF ATS Side which is not going to cut it...It has nothing to do with me picking a mix 85% favorites and 15% dogs...The ATS outcomes for all games applied STD approximate 50 50...within one standard deviation...I am just not making the right picks...Part of it is, I get the inhibitor of self fulfillment...when my mind grabs on to the basis of a cap...and I stick with it, no matter what...My Tulane pick last week was a bad cap, and Spottie tried to tell me that, but I had already placed the bet...I will appreciate your input on my leans for week 9...

    Leans

    @Kansas State -9.5 over Kansas

    Washington State -14 over @San Diego State

    @Indiana -6.5 over Washington - yes I know QB Rourke is out for IU due to a thumb injury...

    @Southern California -14 over Rutgers

    I will appreciate any perspectives for or against these picks...I have not placed the wagers yet...I am just looking for pitfalls or positives, obvious or not, that I should consider that either support these picks, or get me off these picks...

    Thank you in advance...for the takes...peace_5Please be honest and critical...I can take it..."I'm a man...I'm 40..." - Mike Gundycool 

     

     

    LonghornHoosier
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    NCAAF Community

     

    Well, I am 50% season to date, or 17-17-0 NCAAF ATS Side which is not going to cut it...It has nothing to do with me picking a mix 85% favorites and 15% dogs...The ATS outcomes for all games applied STD approximate 50 50...within one standard deviation...I am just not making the right picks...Part of it is, I get the inhibitor of self fulfillment...when my mind grabs on to the basis of a cap...and I stick with it, no matter what...My Tulane pick last week was a bad cap, and Spottie tried to tell me that, but I had already placed the bet...I will appreciate your input on my leans for week 9...

    Leans

    @Kansas State -9.5 over Kansas

    Washington State -14 over @San Diego State

    @Indiana -6.5 over Washington - yes I know QB Rourke is out for IU due to a thumb injury...

    @Southern California -14 over Rutgers

    I will appreciate any perspectives for or against these picks...I have not placed the wagers yet...I am just looking for pitfalls or positives, obvious or not, that I should consider that either support these picks, or get me off these picks...

    Thank you in advance...for the takes...peace_5Please be honest and critical...I can take it..."I'm a man...I'm 40..." - Mike Gundycool 

     

     

     
    spottie2935
    spottie2935
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2001
    Posts: 23161
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2024 - 12:16 AM ET #2

    I really can’t teach you much.  It’s late in the season and if I have a bad dog week then what? We are just complete opposites and unless you change (because I’m rock steady) we really will never be congruent. 

    Spottie2935 on socials
    Reply

    I really can’t teach you much.  It’s late in the season and if I have a bad dog week then what? We are just complete opposites and unless you change (because I’m rock steady) we really will never be congruent. 

     
    spottie2935
    spottie2935
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2001
    Posts: 23161
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2024 - 12:18 AM ET #3

    Just think about why I am I taking dogs? Why would I ? How do I? All these top elite defenses quarterbacks running games, betting against top 25 teams.  how do dog bettors do it successfully and you, the favorite guy are inconsistent.  

    Spottie2935 on socials
    Reply

    Just think about why I am I taking dogs? Why would I ? How do I? All these top elite defenses quarterbacks running games, betting against top 25 teams.  how do dog bettors do it successfully and you, the favorite guy are inconsistent.  

     
    LonghornHoosier
    LonghornHoosier
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 12303
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2024 - 12:36 AM ET #4

    I don't need you to teach me anything...I just asked the forum's opinion on these four picks...So I will ask you...Would you take the dog against any of these four favorites?   I have been capping and wagering since 2002, and posting here on Covers since 2007...with many profitable years...My post was to request input, not to express that I need help...For someone like you who does not post a record, and is confident in his system, perhaps a dose of humility and some transparency would win you a greater following on this forum...I know you will respond that you don't care about that stuff...but, I believe that you do...

     

    Quote Originally Posted by spottie2935:

    Just think about why I am I taking dogs? Why would I ? How do I? All these top elite defenses quarterbacks running games, betting against top 25 teams.  how do dog bettors do it successfully and you, the favorite guy are inconsistent.

    LonghornHoosier
    Reply

    I don't need you to teach me anything...I just asked the forum's opinion on these four picks...So I will ask you...Would you take the dog against any of these four favorites?   I have been capping and wagering since 2002, and posting here on Covers since 2007...with many profitable years...My post was to request input, not to express that I need help...For someone like you who does not post a record, and is confident in his system, perhaps a dose of humility and some transparency would win you a greater following on this forum...I know you will respond that you don't care about that stuff...but, I believe that you do...

     

    Quote Originally Posted by spottie2935:

    Just think about why I am I taking dogs? Why would I ? How do I? All these top elite defenses quarterbacks running games, betting against top 25 teams.  how do dog bettors do it successfully and you, the favorite guy are inconsistent.

     
    Boisestateand8
    Boisestateand8
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2018
    Posts: 2104
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2024 - 2:42 AM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

    NCAAF Community   Well, I am 50% season to date, or 17-17-0 NCAAF ATS Side which is not going to cut it...It has nothing to do with me picking a mix 85% favorites and 15% dogs...The ATS outcomes for all games applied STD approximate 50 50...within one standard deviation...I am just not making the right picks...Part of it is, I get the inhibitor of self fulfillment...when my mind grabs on to the basis of a cap...and I stick with it, no matter what...My Tulane pick last week was a bad cap, and Spottie tried to tell me that, but I had already placed the bet...I will appreciate your input on my leans for week 9... Leans @Kansas State -9.5 over Kansas Washington State -14 over @San Diego State @Indiana -6.5 over Washington - yes I know QB Rourke is out for IU due to a thumb injury... @Southern California -14 over Rutgers I will appreciate any perspectives for or against these picks...I have not placed the wagers yet...I am just looking for pitfalls or positives, obvious or not, that I should consider that either support these picks, or get me off these picks... Thank you in advance...for the takes...Please be honest and critical...I can take it..."I'm a man...I'm 40..." - Mike Gundy

     

    The line seems a mite high for USC. I have to wonder what their mindset is after blowing their third straight game in the fourth quarter. But it's a long road trip for Rutgers, and they haven't really impressed me for the last four weeks. Don't care for either side here. 

    I am leaning slightly towards Indiana. The injury to Rourke is factored into the line, but the backup QB played well in the second half against Nebraska. Curt Cignetti is a tremendous coach. The Hoosiers haven't allowed a first quarter point all season, they haven't trailed all season and they've dominated the fourth quarter in every game. Cignetti keeps the pedal to the metal regardless of the score. UDub is off a bye though for what it's worth. 

    Haven't really looked at your other two games yet. Anyways that's my 2¢. BOL in whatever you decide.an_cheers

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

    NCAAF Community   Well, I am 50% season to date, or 17-17-0 NCAAF ATS Side which is not going to cut it...It has nothing to do with me picking a mix 85% favorites and 15% dogs...The ATS outcomes for all games applied STD approximate 50 50...within one standard deviation...I am just not making the right picks...Part of it is, I get the inhibitor of self fulfillment...when my mind grabs on to the basis of a cap...and I stick with it, no matter what...My Tulane pick last week was a bad cap, and Spottie tried to tell me that, but I had already placed the bet...I will appreciate your input on my leans for week 9... Leans @Kansas State -9.5 over Kansas Washington State -14 over @San Diego State @Indiana -6.5 over Washington - yes I know QB Rourke is out for IU due to a thumb injury... @Southern California -14 over Rutgers I will appreciate any perspectives for or against these picks...I have not placed the wagers yet...I am just looking for pitfalls or positives, obvious or not, that I should consider that either support these picks, or get me off these picks... Thank you in advance...for the takes...Please be honest and critical...I can take it..."I'm a man...I'm 40..." - Mike Gundy

     

    The line seems a mite high for USC. I have to wonder what their mindset is after blowing their third straight game in the fourth quarter. But it's a long road trip for Rutgers, and they haven't really impressed me for the last four weeks. Don't care for either side here. 

    I am leaning slightly towards Indiana. The injury to Rourke is factored into the line, but the backup QB played well in the second half against Nebraska. Curt Cignetti is a tremendous coach. The Hoosiers haven't allowed a first quarter point all season, they haven't trailed all season and they've dominated the fourth quarter in every game. Cignetti keeps the pedal to the metal regardless of the score. UDub is off a bye though for what it's worth. 

    Haven't really looked at your other two games yet. Anyways that's my 2¢. BOL in whatever you decide.an_cheers

     
    spottie2935
    spottie2935
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2001
    Posts: 23161
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2024 - 5:22 AM ET #6

    You’re funny LHH everytime we talk its humorous 

     

    best wishes 

     

    bigsmile

    Spottie2935 on socials
    Reply

    You’re funny LHH everytime we talk its humorous 

     

    best wishes 

     

    bigsmile

     
    steponaduck
    steponaduck
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2017
    Posts: 5103
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2024 - 8:05 AM ET #7

    @LonghornHoosier

     PM me. I would have some questions for you about your process and the information that you are reviewing before making a play. 

    Until the wallet is full.
    Reply

    @LonghornHoosier

     PM me. I would have some questions for you about your process and the information that you are reviewing before making a play. 

     
    DegenNaysh
    DegenNaysh
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2020
    Posts: 85
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2024 - 10:18 AM ET #8

    K State -10 at my book. As a Kansas fan, we looked better last week against a horrendous Houston squad, the 3 picks they threw helped quite a bit. We also didn't turn the ball over (11 TO's first 5 games). Kstate 42nd in D Turnovers nationally, game could come down to one ill-timed JD6 pick. Clock management has been an issue as well, KU has given away points at the end of the 1H on a few occasions this season. Kansas finally has the offensive weapons to compete but -10 will definitely be in play if the self inflicted mistakes occur (Captain Obvious) and KSU leans on advantages in the run game with Giddens, Johnson & Edwards (all Kansas High School kids btw). 

    Rock Chalk and BOLan_cheers

    Reply

    K State -10 at my book. As a Kansas fan, we looked better last week against a horrendous Houston squad, the 3 picks they threw helped quite a bit. We also didn't turn the ball over (11 TO's first 5 games). Kstate 42nd in D Turnovers nationally, game could come down to one ill-timed JD6 pick. Clock management has been an issue as well, KU has given away points at the end of the 1H on a few occasions this season. Kansas finally has the offensive weapons to compete but -10 will definitely be in play if the self inflicted mistakes occur (Captain Obvious) and KSU leans on advantages in the run game with Giddens, Johnson & Edwards (all Kansas High School kids btw). 

    Rock Chalk and BOLan_cheers

     
    totter
    totter
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 24951
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2024 - 10:24 AM ET #9

    Good luck longhorn peace_5

    Ind was my first pick even without their starting qb. This team has something special going on this year.

    I said last week if they beat Neb., they have a good shot being unbeaten heading into the Ohio St game.  Now,

    With the injury to Rourke,it might be a little tougher, but they should still be able to handle Wash this week.

    Reply

    Good luck longhorn peace_5

    Ind was my first pick even without their starting qb. This team has something special going on this year.

    I said last week if they beat Neb., they have a good shot being unbeaten heading into the Ohio St game.  Now,

    With the injury to Rourke,it might be a little tougher, but they should still be able to handle Wash this week.

     
    LonghornHoosier
    LonghornHoosier
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 12303
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2024 - 10:43 AM ET #10

    Yes hilarious….and always condescending from your end…Is it too much to ask for you to simply provide a perspective on these four picks or is that beneath because you are too busy replicating Marc Lawrence “Play On” and “Play Against” capping technique?     

     

    Quote Originally Posted by spottie2935:

    You’re funny LHH everytime we talk its humorous    best wishes

    LonghornHoosier
    Reply

    Yes hilarious….and always condescending from your end…Is it too much to ask for you to simply provide a perspective on these four picks or is that beneath because you are too busy replicating Marc Lawrence “Play On” and “Play Against” capping technique?     

     

    Quote Originally Posted by spottie2935:

    You’re funny LHH everytime we talk its humorous    best wishes

     
    LonghornHoosier
    LonghornHoosier
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 12303
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2024 - 10:49 AM ET #11

    Thank you.  The backup is a 4 star transfer from Tennessee.  I believe that he may be able to get the job done.


    Quote Originally Posted by totter:

    Good luck longhorn  Ind was my first pick even without their starting qb. This team has something special going on this year. I said last week if they beat Neb., they have a good shot being unbeaten heading into the Ohio St game.  Now, With the injury to Rourke,it might be a little tougher, but they should still be able to handle Wash this week.

    LonghornHoosier
    Reply

    Thank you.  The backup is a 4 star transfer from Tennessee.  I believe that he may be able to get the job done.


    Quote Originally Posted by totter:

    Good luck longhorn  Ind was my first pick even without their starting qb. This team has something special going on this year. I said last week if they beat Neb., they have a good shot being unbeaten heading into the Ohio St game.  Now, With the injury to Rourke,it might be a little tougher, but they should still be able to handle Wash this week.

     
    wmi799
    wmi799
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 33652
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2024 - 11:01 AM ET #12

    I am already on IU, with or without Rourke they win this by 10 plus. As totter has said, they are something special this year, and I think they will be undefeated when they play OSU

     

    I couldn't or wouldn't touch USC for anything. Too many unknowns and they have lost four of five, and even though Rutgers has loss three straight and USC SHOULD win the game, just can't touch them. Don't trust them at all.

    I do like KState over Kansas and I think with Kansas having another down year and since Kansas can't seem to cover a game (with exception of Houston)  I can see a two TD victory here

    I have no feelings on the Washington State game. Pass for me

    Histrionic personality disorder. It's sad
    Reply

    I am already on IU, with or without Rourke they win this by 10 plus. As totter has said, they are something special this year, and I think they will be undefeated when they play OSU

     

    I couldn't or wouldn't touch USC for anything. Too many unknowns and they have lost four of five, and even though Rutgers has loss three straight and USC SHOULD win the game, just can't touch them. Don't trust them at all.

    I do like KState over Kansas and I think with Kansas having another down year and since Kansas can't seem to cover a game (with exception of Houston)  I can see a two TD victory here

    I have no feelings on the Washington State game. Pass for me

     
    totter
    totter
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 24951
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2024 - 11:01 AM ET #13

    I just read where Rourke had successful surgery on his thumb and they are thinking he might be back by the game 

    against Sparty. I think Jackson will be able to do ok vs Wash. 

    Reply

    I just read where Rourke had successful surgery on his thumb and they are thinking he might be back by the game 

    against Sparty. I think Jackson will be able to do ok vs Wash. 

     
    JudgeBaylor
    JudgeBaylor
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 158
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2024 - 4:34 PM ET #14

    @LonghornHoosier

     Alright ... well I like one of your schools and dislike the other ... so I'll give you my thoughts.

    KSU is a tough, disciplined team but the performance at BYU gives me pause about them playing at Kansas. Total rivalry game here. KU looked much better last week after their bye. KSU certainly "can" cover 9.5 but I'd be concerned about them doing it on the road in a rivalry game. If they get a bad break, turnover, unfortunate call and start to spiral like they did in Provo, they could lose SU. I haven't looked at the total, but I could see the under being a safer play.

    WSU covering 2 TDs against SDSU is an ok play but I think there are much better ones on the board. Cougars are inconsistent imo.

    I took Indiana to cover 6.5 as well. If Rourke was healthy they'd cover 2 TDs against Washington. Without him, maybe they don't cover. But, IU has been killing kids all season and Cignetti is a savage. I think they'll get this done. I'm riding with them.

    Southern Cal is another team I just don't have alot of confidence in as to what they will do from week to week. But, after last week, same is true for Rutgers. UCLA beat their ass in NJ. Trojans probably cover 14. Just not a bet I'd make bc I think there are more predictable teams on the board.

    Reply

    @LonghornHoosier

     Alright ... well I like one of your schools and dislike the other ... so I'll give you my thoughts.

    KSU is a tough, disciplined team but the performance at BYU gives me pause about them playing at Kansas. Total rivalry game here. KU looked much better last week after their bye. KSU certainly "can" cover 9.5 but I'd be concerned about them doing it on the road in a rivalry game. If they get a bad break, turnover, unfortunate call and start to spiral like they did in Provo, they could lose SU. I haven't looked at the total, but I could see the under being a safer play.

    WSU covering 2 TDs against SDSU is an ok play but I think there are much better ones on the board. Cougars are inconsistent imo.

    I took Indiana to cover 6.5 as well. If Rourke was healthy they'd cover 2 TDs against Washington. Without him, maybe they don't cover. But, IU has been killing kids all season and Cignetti is a savage. I think they'll get this done. I'm riding with them.

    Southern Cal is another team I just don't have alot of confidence in as to what they will do from week to week. But, after last week, same is true for Rutgers. UCLA beat their ass in NJ. Trojans probably cover 14. Just not a bet I'd make bc I think there are more predictable teams on the board.

     
    JJWoods
    JJWoods
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2024
    Posts: 4182
    Posted: Oct. 26, 2024 - 10:26 AM ET #15

    If you’re asking for input…I would fade all of your plays except Indiana 

    Never told why I was banned and gave my best always to the forums
    Reply

    If you’re asking for input…I would fade all of your plays except Indiana 

     
    JJWoods
    JJWoods
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2024
    Posts: 4182
    Posted: Oct. 26, 2024 - 10:28 AM ET #16

    I do agree with this play …. Gundy @ Waco 

    “Thank you in advance...for the takes...peace_5Please be honest and critical...I can take it..."I'm a man...I'm 40..." - Mike Gundycool ”

    Never told why I was banned and gave my best always to the forums
    Reply

    I do agree with this play …. Gundy @ Waco 

    “Thank you in advance...for the takes...peace_5Please be honest and critical...I can take it..."I'm a man...I'm 40..." - Mike Gundycool ”

     
    avenue
    avenue
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 7616
    Posted: Oct. 26, 2024 - 10:29 AM ET #17

    clover

    Reply

    clover

     
    umgmu
    umgmu
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 47735
    Posted: Oct. 26, 2024 - 10:37 AM ET #18

    As far an input, wazzu laying 2 TD's seems rich as it's a road game.

    This is a 'special' team at IU.

    Udub on the road off a bye but IU - lay it.

     

    And get on  Navy plus the points and sprinkle da moneyline an_boggienightan_happydude

     

    Reply

    As far an input, wazzu laying 2 TD's seems rich as it's a road game.

    This is a 'special' team at IU.

    Udub on the road off a bye but IU - lay it.

     

    And get on  Navy plus the points and sprinkle da moneyline an_boggienightan_happydude

     

     
    IntenseOperator
    IntenseOperator
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2017
    Posts: 8613
    Posted: Oct. 26, 2024 - 10:51 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by JJWoods:

    If you’re asking for input…I would fade all of your plays except Indiana

    Indiana will be his only loser.an_light

     

    "Got 'em right where I want 'em, surrounded from the inside"
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by JJWoods:

    If you’re asking for input…I would fade all of your plays except Indiana

    Indiana will be his only loser.an_light

     

     
    LonghornHoosier
    LonghornHoosier
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 12303
    Posted: Oct. 26, 2024 - 10:53 AM ET #20

    why do you say that?  Washington lost to Rutgers…I think your perspective is based on perceived reputation …


    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseOperator:

    Quote Originally Posted by JJWoods: If you’re asking for input…I would fade all of your plays except Indiana Indiana will be his only loser.

    LonghornHoosier
    Reply

    why do you say that?  Washington lost to Rutgers…I think your perspective is based on perceived reputation …


    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseOperator:

    Quote Originally Posted by JJWoods: If you’re asking for input…I would fade all of your plays except Indiana Indiana will be his only loser.

     
    IntenseOperator
    IntenseOperator
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2017
    Posts: 8613
    Posted: Oct. 26, 2024 - 10:57 AM ET #21

    Starting QB/ Backup....whatever

    Indiana is in uncharted waters. They have been rolling. Now face a team I don't think they've ever played. WITH a roadie at MSU, then Big Blue at home, then a roadie at OSU.an_eek2 These kids prolly don't know anything about Washington.

    Line is short as hell considering travel, and all the road beatdowns Washington has had. Indy av 500 pts/in home games.

    It's Washington or pass

     

    BOLthumbs_up

    "Got 'em right where I want 'em, surrounded from the inside"
    Reply

    Starting QB/ Backup....whatever

    Indiana is in uncharted waters. They have been rolling. Now face a team I don't think they've ever played. WITH a roadie at MSU, then Big Blue at home, then a roadie at OSU.an_eek2 These kids prolly don't know anything about Washington.

    Line is short as hell considering travel, and all the road beatdowns Washington has had. Indy av 500 pts/in home games.

    It's Washington or pass

     

    BOLthumbs_up

     
    DestroyThePitch
    DestroyThePitch
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 6111
    Posted: Oct. 26, 2024 - 3:40 PM ET #22

    @LonghornHoosier

     I'm not trying to instigate anything here, but why are you so loathsome to try and learn something from spottie?  
    Being successful in ANYTHING is all about learning, and continuing to learn and learning from ppl who have success doing things differently from yourself.  You say you want opinions on your plays because you aren't having the success you want, why would you not try and learn from him?  You're attitude just doesn't reflect someone who really wants to get better 

    Reply

    @LonghornHoosier

     I'm not trying to instigate anything here, but why are you so loathsome to try and learn something from spottie?  
    Being successful in ANYTHING is all about learning, and continuing to learn and learning from ppl who have success doing things differently from yourself.  You say you want opinions on your plays because you aren't having the success you want, why would you not try and learn from him?  You're attitude just doesn't reflect someone who really wants to get better 

     
    LonghornHoosier
    LonghornHoosier
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 12303
    Posted: Oct. 26, 2024 - 5:14 PM ET #23

    You don’t have a context for the relationship.    And I have neither the time nor the desire to explain it to you.  I am respectful of almost  every poster on this forum.    I made an early week post asking members of the forum for perspectives on my 4 leans and that’s it…I am honest, transparent and humble with my picks.  I am not a tout and I have no desire to get a following.  I post simply to keep myself accountable…Were Spotties responses consistent with my question?  No, they were not…Thus I responded in kind.  Spottie seems like an intelligent person and a good capper, though his online demeanor could use some work..

     

    Yoh should focus on your capping skills and not involve yourself with others…Good luck on your picks this week…peace_5

     

    Quote: Originally Posted by DestroyThePitch]@LonghornHoosier  I'm not trying to instigate anything here, but why are you so loathsome to try and learn something from spottie?  Being successful in ANYTHING is all about learning, and continuing to learn and learning from ppl who have success doing things differently from yourself.  You say you want opinions on your plays because you aren't having the success you want, why would you not try and learn from him?  You're attitude just doesn't reflect someone who really wants to get better[/Quote]

    LonghornHoosier
    Reply

    You don’t have a context for the relationship.    And I have neither the time nor the desire to explain it to you.  I am respectful of almost  every poster on this forum.    I made an early week post asking members of the forum for perspectives on my 4 leans and that’s it…I am honest, transparent and humble with my picks.  I am not a tout and I have no desire to get a following.  I post simply to keep myself accountable…Were Spotties responses consistent with my question?  No, they were not…Thus I responded in kind.  Spottie seems like an intelligent person and a good capper, though his online demeanor could use some work..

     

    Yoh should focus on your capping skills and not involve yourself with others…Good luck on your picks this week…peace_5

     

    Quote: Originally Posted by DestroyThePitch]@LonghornHoosier  I'm not trying to instigate anything here, but why are you so loathsome to try and learn something from spottie?  Being successful in ANYTHING is all about learning, and continuing to learn and learning from ppl who have success doing things differently from yourself.  You say you want opinions on your plays because you aren't having the success you want, why would you not try and learn from him?  You're attitude just doesn't reflect someone who really wants to get better[/Quote]

     
    DestroyThePitch
    DestroyThePitch
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 6111
    Posted: Oct. 26, 2024 - 9:19 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

    You don’t have a context for the relationship.    And I have neither the time nor the desire to explain it to you.  I am respectful of almost  every poster on this forum.    I made an early week post asking members of the forum for perspectives on my 4 leans and that’s it…I am honest, transparent and humble with my picks.  I am not a tout and I have no desire to get a following.  I post simply to keep myself accountable…Were Spotties responses consistent with my question?  No, they were not…Thus I responded in kind.  Spottie seems like an intelligent person and a good capper, though his online demeanor could use some work..   Yoh should focus on your capping skills and not involve yourself with others…Good luck on your picks this week…   Quote: Originally Posted by DestroyThePitch]@LonghornHoosier  I'm not trying to instigate anything here, but why are you so loathsome to try and learn something from spottie?  Being successful in ANYTHING is all about learning, and continuing to learn and learning from ppl who have success doing things differently from yourself.  You say you want opinions on your plays because you aren't having the success you want, why would you not try and learn from him?  You're attitude just doesn't reflect someone who really wants to get better

    I feel like if you open yourself up to asking for help on a forum, you should probably be ready for stuff like this.  But this is kinda your mo.  I've been around to see your entire spottie saga and longer than that.  And while I think he's definitely a dick sometimes, you ask for it more often than not.

     

    Good luck beating mediocrity peace_5 takes a while, but some of us dig outta it eventually

     

     

    an_cheers

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

    You don’t have a context for the relationship.    And I have neither the time nor the desire to explain it to you.  I am respectful of almost  every poster on this forum.    I made an early week post asking members of the forum for perspectives on my 4 leans and that’s it…I am honest, transparent and humble with my picks.  I am not a tout and I have no desire to get a following.  I post simply to keep myself accountable…Were Spotties responses consistent with my question?  No, they were not…Thus I responded in kind.  Spottie seems like an intelligent person and a good capper, though his online demeanor could use some work..   Yoh should focus on your capping skills and not involve yourself with others…Good luck on your picks this week…   Quote: Originally Posted by DestroyThePitch]@LonghornHoosier  I'm not trying to instigate anything here, but why are you so loathsome to try and learn something from spottie?  Being successful in ANYTHING is all about learning, and continuing to learn and learning from ppl who have success doing things differently from yourself.  You say you want opinions on your plays because you aren't having the success you want, why would you not try and learn from him?  You're attitude just doesn't reflect someone who really wants to get better

    I feel like if you open yourself up to asking for help on a forum, you should probably be ready for stuff like this.  But this is kinda your mo.  I've been around to see your entire spottie saga and longer than that.  And while I think he's definitely a dick sometimes, you ask for it more often than not.

     

    Good luck beating mediocrity peace_5 takes a while, but some of us dig outta it eventually

     

     

    an_cheers

     
     
    LonghornHoosier
    LonghornHoosier
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 12303
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2024 - 9:17 AM ET #25

    I would assume 99% of the posters on covers are mediocre including you…

     

    i was asking for perspectives on my picks, you fucking gambling degenerate, not help…WTF is the purpose of this forum if you can’t get community input on trying to defeat the books with all the divergent takes of touts and all the misinformation  out there?

    There are a few good and honest posters on this forum that offer their picks, and an overwhelming majority of nothing nobodies like you who offer nothing to this forum and go around and troll on posters strings to make themselves feel good..…

     

     

     

     

    Quote: Originally Posted by DestroyThePitch]Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier: You don’t have a context for the relationship.    And I have neither the time nor the desire to explain it to you.  I am respectful of almost  every poster on this forum.    I made an early week post asking members of the forum for perspectives on my 4 leans and that’s it…I am honest, transparent and humble with my picks.  I am not a tout and I have no desire to get a following.  I post simply to keep myself accountable…Were Spotties responses consistent with my question?  No, they were not…Thus I responded in kind.  Spottie seems like an intelligent person and a good capper, though his online demeanor could use some work..   Yoh should focus on your capping skills and not involve yourself with others…Good luck on your picks this week…   Quote: Originally Posted by DestroyThePitch]@LonghornHoosier  I'm not trying to instigate anything here, but why are you so loathsome to try and learn something from spottie?  Being successful in ANYTHING is all about learning, and continuing to learn and learning from ppl who have success doing things differently from yourself.  You say you want opinions on your plays because you aren't having the success you want, why would you not try and learn from him?  You're attitude just doesn't reflect someone who really wants to get better[/Quote]

    LonghornHoosier
    Reply

    I would assume 99% of the posters on covers are mediocre including you…

     

    i was asking for perspectives on my picks, you fucking gambling degenerate, not help…WTF is the purpose of this forum if you can’t get community input on trying to defeat the books with all the divergent takes of touts and all the misinformation  out there?

    There are a few good and honest posters on this forum that offer their picks, and an overwhelming majority of nothing nobodies like you who offer nothing to this forum and go around and troll on posters strings to make themselves feel good..…

     

     

     

     

    Quote: Originally Posted by DestroyThePitch]Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier: You don’t have a context for the relationship.    And I have neither the time nor the desire to explain it to you.  I am respectful of almost  every poster on this forum.    I made an early week post asking members of the forum for perspectives on my 4 leans and that’s it…I am honest, transparent and humble with my picks.  I am not a tout and I have no desire to get a following.  I post simply to keep myself accountable…Were Spotties responses consistent with my question?  No, they were not…Thus I responded in kind.  Spottie seems like an intelligent person and a good capper, though his online demeanor could use some work..   Yoh should focus on your capping skills and not involve yourself with others…Good luck on your picks this week…   Quote: Originally Posted by DestroyThePitch]@LonghornHoosier  I'm not trying to instigate anything here, but why are you so loathsome to try and learn something from spottie?  Being successful in ANYTHING is all about learning, and continuing to learn and learning from ppl who have success doing things differently from yourself.  You say you want opinions on your plays because you aren't having the success you want, why would you not try and learn from him?  You're attitude just doesn't reflect someone who really wants to get better[/Quote]

    All Forums | College Football
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,266
    • PART DEUX 214
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 754
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,108
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,624
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,208
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,138
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,040
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,585

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.