Search model icon

What was the biggest factor to Baylor's blowout victory?

Participants:
Views: 245

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

Was it Gonzaga's history of choking in big games?

Baylor's unparalleled mix of athleticism & defense? 

Baylor's pristine 3 point shooting?

Baylor's great bench play vs Gonzaga's non existent bench?

Coaching advantage?

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

Coaching, Class, 3 point shooting, and most importantly. D DEFENSE

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

Gonzaga had no one who could play in the paint. Also the mental exhaustion of the UCLA OT GAME. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

This Baylor team was one of the best college teams over the past 20 years from what I can remember. This team would’ve been undefeated if it weren’t for Covid but everyone was too busy crowning Gonzaga as one of the greatest teams of all time because they were beating up on Pepperdine and Pacific lmfao. Baylor was steamrolling everyone before their Covid pause and this was against good competition. People forget they smacked Illinois early in the season. This was truly a special team. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Gonzaga making the Championship game by accident was the biggest factor in this blowout.  Their specialty is sneaking up on defense by backdoor cutting.  When you build your team on such dishonesty, you only build your reputation that you don't deserve.  Gonzaga was never a top 10 team.

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

what KC said peace_5

Big 12 competition > WCC competition.

massive let down after beating UCLA like that.  I don't care what you say, when you listen to the interviews THAT was their championship and they forgot they had to play another one.  lol 

Lamp

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

Toughness

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:

Coaching, Class, 3 point shooting, and most importantly. D DEFENSE

Spot on brother  you nailed itpeace_5

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

Quote Originally Posted by KC_4_LIFE:

This Baylor team was one of the best college teams over the past 20 years from what I can remember. This team would’ve been undefeated if it weren’t for Covid but everyone was too busy crowning Gonzaga as one of the greatest teams of all time because they were beating up on Pepperdine and Pacific lmfao. Baylor was steamrolling everyone before their Covid pause and this was against good competition. People forget they smacked Illinois early in the season. This was truly a special team.

Yes, they were Hot before Covid, made some coin with those guyspeace_5

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDTITLE:

what KC said    Big 12 competition > WCC competition. massive let down after beating UCLA like that.  I don't care what you say, when you listen to the interviews THAT was their championship and they forgot they had to play another one.  lol

Exactlypeace_5

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

Agree w KC and others. Experts talking bout Zags being off but I think Baylor wins 9 of 10. Great D great perimeter shooting and killed them on boards. Best team in a while
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GPWA Logo GDPR Logo GeoTrust Logo Evalon Logo