• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Basketball

    Sparty v.s. Purdue for Sunday...

    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
    1919
    ver310061
    cappingmaniac
    EasyCo
    irshgoldendomer
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5860
    Posts: 62
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
     
    1919
    1919
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 1514
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 8:22 AM ET #26

    I'll be hitting Purdue at gametime. hoping for +7 or higher


    Reply
    I'll be hitting Purdue at gametime. hoping for +7 or higher


     
    ver310061
    ver310061
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 78
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 8:46 AM ET #27

    Hey Bense, thanks for ypur picks.....could Tenn St be looking ahaed to Murray st.  Could the look ahaed be the reason for this line?
    Reply
    Hey Bense, thanks for ypur picks.....could Tenn St be looking ahaed to Murray st.  Could the look ahaed be the reason for this line?
     
    ver310061
    ver310061
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 78
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 8:47 AM ET #28

    Edit

    Hey Bense, thanks for ypur picks.....could Tenn St be looking ahaed to Murray st?.  Could the look ahead be the reason for this line?


    Reply
    Edit

    Hey Bense, thanks for ypur picks.....could Tenn St be looking ahaed to Murray st?.  Could the look ahead be the reason for this line?


     
    cappingmaniac
    cappingmaniac
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 247
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 8:53 AM ET #29

    Apparently vegas doesn't know about byrd or barlow 

    They made this line knowing that information so making an argument that this should be a play based off of that incident is nonsense. Vegas took those players into account. Starting players are almost never worth more than a point or two. 

    If there is a play on this game, its purdue with the points. 
    Reply
    Apparently vegas doesn't know about byrd or barlow 

    They made this line knowing that information so making an argument that this should be a play based off of that incident is nonsense. Vegas took those players into account. Starting players are almost never worth more than a point or two. 

    If there is a play on this game, its purdue with the points. 
     
    cappingmaniac
    cappingmaniac
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 247
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 8:59 AM ET #30

    Furthermore, Barlow and Byrd are not starters. Byrd has started 4 of last 5 games but that is because he has been red hot shooting. He wouldn't have had the open looks against states good defense so vegas is salivating at all this public money coming on state. 

    Good luck with your plays but I don't think this is a "play of the century" as many are calling it.

    People don't realize how hard it is to win on the road in college basketball....let alone the big 10 against a team who is desperate to get some wins so they can solidify its resume. 
    Reply
    Furthermore, Barlow and Byrd are not starters. Byrd has started 4 of last 5 games but that is because he has been red hot shooting. He wouldn't have had the open looks against states good defense so vegas is salivating at all this public money coming on state. 

    Good luck with your plays but I don't think this is a "play of the century" as many are calling it.

    People don't realize how hard it is to win on the road in college basketball....let alone the big 10 against a team who is desperate to get some wins so they can solidify its resume. 
     
    EasyCo
    EasyCo
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 967
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 9:03 AM ET #31

    I have MSU at - 6.5 already !!!!!...do you still jump on it ?
    Reply
    I have MSU at - 6.5 already !!!!!...do you still jump on it ?
     
    1919
    1919
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 1514
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 9:04 AM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by cappingmaniac:

    Furthermore, Barlow and Byrd are not starters. Byrd has started 4 of last 5 games but that is because he has been red hot shooting. He wouldn't have had the open looks against states good defense so vegas is salivating at all this public money coming on state. 

    Good luck with your plays but I don't think this is a "play of the century" as many are calling it.

    People don't realize how hard it is to win on the road in college basketball....let alone the big 10 against a team who is desperate to get some wins so they can solidify its resume. 


    i couldn't agree more, these guys are going to get slaughtered on the line and possibly on the ML//
    bloodbath coming on MSU backers

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by cappingmaniac:

    Furthermore, Barlow and Byrd are not starters. Byrd has started 4 of last 5 games but that is because he has been red hot shooting. He wouldn't have had the open looks against states good defense so vegas is salivating at all this public money coming on state. 

    Good luck with your plays but I don't think this is a "play of the century" as many are calling it.

    People don't realize how hard it is to win on the road in college basketball....let alone the big 10 against a team who is desperate to get some wins so they can solidify its resume. 


    i couldn't agree more, these guys are going to get slaughtered on the line and possibly on the ML//
    bloodbath coming on MSU backers

     
    irshgoldendomer
    irshgoldendomer
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 33
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 10:01 AM ET #33

    Purdue will come to play but they wont cover lost 2 to many players for there toughness. This is spartys time of the year to kick it in.

    I like tenn st just something seems odd on the line.



    Reply
    Purdue will come to play but they wont cover lost 2 to many players for there toughness. This is spartys time of the year to kick it in.

    I like tenn st just something seems odd on the line.



     
    bense197969
    bense197969
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 5052
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 10:32 AM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by cappingmaniac:

    Apparently vegas doesn't know about byrd or barlow 

    They made this line knowing that information so making an argument that this should be a play based off of that incident is nonsense. Vegas took those players into account. Starting players are almost never worth more than a point or two. 

    If there is a play on this game, its purdue with the points. 



    Like I said, I would've been all over PU at any line (even a small fav) with these two guys playing.  I never said Vegas was unaware of Byrd/Barlow situation.  I think you're undervaluing their worth.  In the last 5 games, Byrd had averaged 17 ppg and 4 rbg, and Barlow averaged 8 ppg and 4 rbg for the season.  You take those numbers away from a team that lacks depth and talent to begin with, they're gonna be in trouble.  Both of these guys are also known as hustling/glue guys.  They make plays that excite the crowd, Barlow has had some big dunks over the last couple of years that get the crowd going and the Boilers feed off of that.  I don't doubt we get a great effort from PU today, but they'll need someone that we've never heard of to step up and have a huge game.  If you wanna bet on that happening, be my guest.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by cappingmaniac:

    Apparently vegas doesn't know about byrd or barlow 

    They made this line knowing that information so making an argument that this should be a play based off of that incident is nonsense. Vegas took those players into account. Starting players are almost never worth more than a point or two. 

    If there is a play on this game, its purdue with the points. 



    Like I said, I would've been all over PU at any line (even a small fav) with these two guys playing.  I never said Vegas was unaware of Byrd/Barlow situation.  I think you're undervaluing their worth.  In the last 5 games, Byrd had averaged 17 ppg and 4 rbg, and Barlow averaged 8 ppg and 4 rbg for the season.  You take those numbers away from a team that lacks depth and talent to begin with, they're gonna be in trouble.  Both of these guys are also known as hustling/glue guys.  They make plays that excite the crowd, Barlow has had some big dunks over the last couple of years that get the crowd going and the Boilers feed off of that.  I don't doubt we get a great effort from PU today, but they'll need someone that we've never heard of to step up and have a huge game.  If you wanna bet on that happening, be my guest.  
     
    bense197969
    bense197969
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 5052
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 10:33 AM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by ver310061:

    Hey Bense, thanks for ypur picks.....could Tenn St be looking ahaed to Murray st.  Could the look ahaed be the reason for this line?


    I suppose, but I think small teams get up for the "Bracketbuster" games too, 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ver310061:

    Hey Bense, thanks for ypur picks.....could Tenn St be looking ahaed to Murray st.  Could the look ahaed be the reason for this line?


    I suppose, but I think small teams get up for the "Bracketbuster" games too, 
     
    Mcmanus
    Mcmanus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2005
    Posts: 7303
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 10:36 AM ET #36

    Good  Luck with Sparty 
    Reply
    Good  Luck with Sparty 
     
    bense197969
    bense197969
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 5052
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 10:37 AM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyCo:

    I have MSU at - 6.5 already !!!!!...do you still jump on it ?


    I wouldn't, I think the value is gone at 3 possessions   
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyCo:

    I have MSU at - 6.5 already !!!!!...do you still jump on it ?


    I wouldn't, I think the value is gone at 3 possessions   
     
    cappingmaniac
    cappingmaniac
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 247
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 11:06 AM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by bense197969:




    Like I said, I would've been all over PU at any line (even a small fav) with these two guys playing.  I never said Vegas was unaware of Byrd/Barlow situation.  I think you're undervaluing their worth.  In the last 5 games, Byrd had averaged 17 ppg and 4 rbg, and Barlow averaged 8 ppg and 4 rbg for the season.  You take those numbers away from a team that lacks depth and talent to begin with, they're gonna be in trouble.  Both of these guys are also known as hustling/glue guys.  They make plays that excite the crowd, Barlow has had some big dunks over the last couple of years that get the crowd going and the Boilers feed off of that.  I don't doubt we get a great effort from PU today, but they'll need someone that we've never heard of to step up and have a huge game.  If you wanna bet on that happening, be my guest.  

    Like I stated, byrd has been on fire as of late but mich st.'s defense wouldn't have given him open looks at 3. If he was in and would have scored 15+, PU probably would have won this game outright. And I am not valuing players, that is how vegas views STARTERS. Heck if you take out Harrison Barnes, Vegas would only make that about a 2 point difference in the spread. It is not that I am undervaluing these players, I'm telling you that Vegas (who knows more than any of us) doesn't put much value on players in college....especially role players. If both players were in, this game would have been at a PK with States struggles on the road.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bense197969:




    Like I said, I would've been all over PU at any line (even a small fav) with these two guys playing.  I never said Vegas was unaware of Byrd/Barlow situation.  I think you're undervaluing their worth.  In the last 5 games, Byrd had averaged 17 ppg and 4 rbg, and Barlow averaged 8 ppg and 4 rbg for the season.  You take those numbers away from a team that lacks depth and talent to begin with, they're gonna be in trouble.  Both of these guys are also known as hustling/glue guys.  They make plays that excite the crowd, Barlow has had some big dunks over the last couple of years that get the crowd going and the Boilers feed off of that.  I don't doubt we get a great effort from PU today, but they'll need someone that we've never heard of to step up and have a huge game.  If you wanna bet on that happening, be my guest.  

    Like I stated, byrd has been on fire as of late but mich st.'s defense wouldn't have given him open looks at 3. If he was in and would have scored 15+, PU probably would have won this game outright. And I am not valuing players, that is how vegas views STARTERS. Heck if you take out Harrison Barnes, Vegas would only make that about a 2 point difference in the spread. It is not that I am undervaluing these players, I'm telling you that Vegas (who knows more than any of us) doesn't put much value on players in college....especially role players. If both players were in, this game would have been at a PK with States struggles on the road.
     
    KktdocT
    KktdocT
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 66757
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 11:08 AM ET #39

    GL.
    Reply
    GL.
     
    sloop703
    sloop703
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 3277
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 11:09 AM ET #40

    people need to stop over-capping these games. michigan state is scary good right now and purdue is inconsistent as hell and underhanded. stop it with this "VEGAS TRAP" BS. michigan state or nothing
    Reply
    people need to stop over-capping these games. michigan state is scary good right now and purdue is inconsistent as hell and underhanded. stop it with this "VEGAS TRAP" BS. michigan state or nothing
     
    cappingmaniac
    cappingmaniac
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 247
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 11:17 AM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by sloop703:

    people need to stop over-capping these games. michigan state is scary good right now and purdue is inconsistent as hell and underhanded. stop it with this "VEGAS TRAP" BS. michigan state or nothing

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sloop703:

    people need to stop over-capping these games. michigan state is scary good right now and purdue is inconsistent as hell and underhanded. stop it with this "VEGAS TRAP" BS. michigan state or nothing

     
    sparty444
    sparty444
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 10039
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 11:23 AM ET #42

    Good luck Bense... these next 3 games are must win for MSU if they want the Big Ten title. They should be focused and I would expect Payne-Nix and Green to be busy inside.  If MSU can defend Smith and Hummel from the perimeter they should win this going away
    Reply
    Good luck Bense... these next 3 games are must win for MSU if they want the Big Ten title. They should be focused and I would expect Payne-Nix and Green to be busy inside.  If MSU can defend Smith and Hummel from the perimeter they should win this going away
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55705
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 11:30 AM ET #43

    Quote Originally Posted by cappingmaniac:

    Apparently vegas doesn't know about byrd or barlow 

    They made this line knowing that information so making an argument that this should be a play based off of that incident is nonsense. Vegas took those players into account. Starting players are almost never worth more than a point or two. 

    If there is a play on this game, its purdue with the points. 


    Good luck with your Purdue play. However, when it comes to Sparty plays its never a good idea to go against Bense......never. Throw in the fact that you think vegas is throwing out a sucker line (which they never do, its only suckers that think like that), and you have a recipe for ripping a ticket up.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by cappingmaniac:

    Apparently vegas doesn't know about byrd or barlow 

    They made this line knowing that information so making an argument that this should be a play based off of that incident is nonsense. Vegas took those players into account. Starting players are almost never worth more than a point or two. 

    If there is a play on this game, its purdue with the points. 


    Good luck with your Purdue play. However, when it comes to Sparty plays its never a good idea to go against Bense......never. Throw in the fact that you think vegas is throwing out a sucker line (which they never do, its only suckers that think like that), and you have a recipe for ripping a ticket up.


     
    cappingmaniac
    cappingmaniac
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 247
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 11:40 AM ET #44

    Never said it was a play. I said if it was a play, I would be on the PU side. Just laughing at the people who keep saying this is their play of the month/week/year when everyone is pointing strictly to the two players out for PU. 

    +5 for PU right now at home is great value. Its just annoying knowing that if PU covers, everyone will complain saying it was rigged or some dumb shit and if State wins by 20+, everyone backing PU or saying no play on this game as it is a bad line (State is the better team but not 5 points on the road) will get crushed and people will pound their chests saying how dumb we are yet they don't do this for a living and know almost to nothing about sports-betting. You may ask why I bother on different sports forums then. Well actually every once in a while I come across some good people who know what they are talking about so its good discussion....wish I could steer more people that way but who am I kidding. Plus, there is always something to learn.
    Reply
    Never said it was a play. I said if it was a play, I would be on the PU side. Just laughing at the people who keep saying this is their play of the month/week/year when everyone is pointing strictly to the two players out for PU. 

    +5 for PU right now at home is great value. Its just annoying knowing that if PU covers, everyone will complain saying it was rigged or some dumb shit and if State wins by 20+, everyone backing PU or saying no play on this game as it is a bad line (State is the better team but not 5 points on the road) will get crushed and people will pound their chests saying how dumb we are yet they don't do this for a living and know almost to nothing about sports-betting. You may ask why I bother on different sports forums then. Well actually every once in a while I come across some good people who know what they are talking about so its good discussion....wish I could steer more people that way but who am I kidding. Plus, there is always something to learn.
     
    bense197969
    bense197969
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 5052
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 11:41 AM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by cappingmaniac:


    Like I stated, byrd has been on fire as of late but mich st.'s defense wouldn't have given him open looks at 3. If he was in and would have scored 15+, PU probably would have won this game outright. And I am not valuing players, that is how vegas views STARTERS. Heck if you take out Harrison Barnes, Vegas would only make that about a 2 point difference in the spread. It is not that I am undervaluing these players, I'm telling you that Vegas (who knows more than any of us) doesn't put much value on players in college....especially role players. If both players were in, this game would have been at a PK with States struggles on the road.


    I understand what you're saying. Remember, I'm not the one who labeled this game as a HUGE play, or lock, etc.  I simply bet MSU thinking they win this game by more than the 3 points I had to give up last night.  That's it.  Sole possession of 1st place is at stake and who knows how PU will respond to the Byrd/Barlow incident?  Vegas doesn't even know that answer.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by cappingmaniac:


    Like I stated, byrd has been on fire as of late but mich st.'s defense wouldn't have given him open looks at 3. If he was in and would have scored 15+, PU probably would have won this game outright. And I am not valuing players, that is how vegas views STARTERS. Heck if you take out Harrison Barnes, Vegas would only make that about a 2 point difference in the spread. It is not that I am undervaluing these players, I'm telling you that Vegas (who knows more than any of us) doesn't put much value on players in college....especially role players. If both players were in, this game would have been at a PK with States struggles on the road.


    I understand what you're saying. Remember, I'm not the one who labeled this game as a HUGE play, or lock, etc.  I simply bet MSU thinking they win this game by more than the 3 points I had to give up last night.  That's it.  Sole possession of 1st place is at stake and who knows how PU will respond to the Byrd/Barlow incident?  Vegas doesn't even know that answer.  
     
    bense197969
    bense197969
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 5052
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 11:41 AM ET #46

    Quote Originally Posted by sloop703:

    people need to stop over-capping these games. michigan state is scary good right now and purdue is inconsistent as hell and underhanded. stop it with this "VEGAS TRAP" BS. michigan state or nothing



    Agreed, 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sloop703:

    people need to stop over-capping these games. michigan state is scary good right now and purdue is inconsistent as hell and underhanded. stop it with this "VEGAS TRAP" BS. michigan state or nothing



    Agreed, 
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55705
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 11:44 AM ET #47

    Quote Originally Posted by cappingmaniac:

    Never said it was a play. I said if it was a play, I would be on the PU side. Just laughing at the people who keep saying this is their play of the month/week/year when everyone is pointing strictly to the two players out for PU. 

    +5 for PU right now at home is great value. Its just annoying knowing that if PU covers, everyone will complain saying it was rigged or some dumb shit and if State wins by 20+, everyone backing PU or saying no play on this game as it is a bad line (State is the better team but not 5 points on the road) will get crushed and people will pound their chests saying how dumb we are yet they don't do this for a living and know almost to nothing about sports-betting. You may ask why I bother on different sports forums then. Well actually every once in a while I come across some good people who know what they are talking about so its good discussion....wish I could steer more people that way but who am I kidding. Plus, there is always something to learn.


    I agree. For example, instead of capping MSU games you can just read what Bense writes up and plays. Always correct? No. Way better than average? Yes. Thats all you can really ask. No need to look any further. Betting on Purdue today would simply be thinking you are on the linesmakers side, and that is a falsehood.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by cappingmaniac:

    Never said it was a play. I said if it was a play, I would be on the PU side. Just laughing at the people who keep saying this is their play of the month/week/year when everyone is pointing strictly to the two players out for PU. 

    +5 for PU right now at home is great value. Its just annoying knowing that if PU covers, everyone will complain saying it was rigged or some dumb shit and if State wins by 20+, everyone backing PU or saying no play on this game as it is a bad line (State is the better team but not 5 points on the road) will get crushed and people will pound their chests saying how dumb we are yet they don't do this for a living and know almost to nothing about sports-betting. You may ask why I bother on different sports forums then. Well actually every once in a while I come across some good people who know what they are talking about so its good discussion....wish I could steer more people that way but who am I kidding. Plus, there is always something to learn.


    I agree. For example, instead of capping MSU games you can just read what Bense writes up and plays. Always correct? No. Way better than average? Yes. Thats all you can really ask. No need to look any further. Betting on Purdue today would simply be thinking you are on the linesmakers side, and that is a falsehood.....
     
    bense197969
    bense197969
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 5052
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 11:45 AM ET #48

    Quote Originally Posted by sparty444:

    Good luck Bense... these next 3 games are must win for MSU if they want the Big Ten title. They should be focused and I would expect Payne-Nix and Green to be busy inside.  If MSU can defend Smith and Hummel from the perimeter they should win this going away



    Hey sparty, Yeah, I agree, Payne, Nix, and Green may combine for 45 today.  They should have their way.  As of right now, I'm expecting MSU to lose at IU for sure and possibly at Minny.  But I really don't think anybody can beat them at the Breslin.  That should be good enough to at least tie for the title.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sparty444:

    Good luck Bense... these next 3 games are must win for MSU if they want the Big Ten title. They should be focused and I would expect Payne-Nix and Green to be busy inside.  If MSU can defend Smith and Hummel from the perimeter they should win this going away



    Hey sparty, Yeah, I agree, Payne, Nix, and Green may combine for 45 today.  They should have their way.  As of right now, I'm expecting MSU to lose at IU for sure and possibly at Minny.  But I really don't think anybody can beat them at the Breslin.  That should be good enough to at least tie for the title.  
     
    bense197969
    bense197969
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 5052
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 11:48 AM ET #49

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:



    Good luck with your Purdue play. However, when it comes to Sparty plays its never a good idea to go against Bense......never. Throw in the fact that you think vegas is throwing out a sucker line (which they never do, its only suckers that think like that), and you have a recipe for ripping a ticket up.




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:



    Good luck with your Purdue play. However, when it comes to Sparty plays its never a good idea to go against Bense......never. Throw in the fact that you think vegas is throwing out a sucker line (which they never do, its only suckers that think like that), and you have a recipe for ripping a ticket up.




     
     
    Macwestie1
    Macwestie1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 171502
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2012 - 11:49 AM ET #50

    Wazuuup GL bense

    Lik'em all
    What do you call an Eternal Optimist? An accordion player with a beeper!
    Reply
    Wazuuup GL bense

    Lik'em all
    All Forums | College Basketball
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,420
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 689
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,356
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,682
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,824
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,507
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,294
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,884
    • *”$$$ MD Sunday 10/4 $$$** 8,259
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 16,854

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.