• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Basketball

    Purdue vs Kansas write-up: outlook for the dog

    «First Previous 12
    scalabrine
    ProudJagsfan
    jrgumpert
    composite
    nerfthis
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4600
    Posts: 45
    «First Previous 12
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 22, 2017 - 11:58 PM ET #26

    I like the write-up but I have to say this:

    So, I think Purdue can stay within the spread. I don't see this as a large wager because I think Kansas definitely wins this one SU--I love the x-factors Jackson and Mason to ensure that they advance

    5 is not enough to make that statement. It's over 4 but typically a dead number. Not like the NFL but less significant than 4,7,10 which are key numbers in basketball.

    Simply stated, if you think Kansas will win than it is a no-play if the spread still bothers you or a Kansas side to win.

    That is too thin a window to suggest Purdue will get inside it if you think Kansas will win, as you said they would.

    My window is 10! That is, I need 11 points if I believe my team will lose outright and I want my team inside the spread. Otherwise, I cap them with a significant chance to WIN and then I get very large insurance of 10.

    In your case you are capping Purdue to lose, making 5 very LITTLE insurance (as only 1,2,3,4 will pay you if they do).

    Having said that, again, good write-up.

    Reply

    I like the write-up but I have to say this:

    So, I think Purdue can stay within the spread. I don't see this as a large wager because I think Kansas definitely wins this one SU--I love the x-factors Jackson and Mason to ensure that they advance

    5 is not enough to make that statement. It's over 4 but typically a dead number. Not like the NFL but less significant than 4,7,10 which are key numbers in basketball.

    Simply stated, if you think Kansas will win than it is a no-play if the spread still bothers you or a Kansas side to win.

    That is too thin a window to suggest Purdue will get inside it if you think Kansas will win, as you said they would.

    My window is 10! That is, I need 11 points if I believe my team will lose outright and I want my team inside the spread. Otherwise, I cap them with a significant chance to WIN and then I get very large insurance of 10.

    In your case you are capping Purdue to lose, making 5 very LITTLE insurance (as only 1,2,3,4 will pay you if they do).

    Having said that, again, good write-up.

     
    ProudJagsfan
    ProudJagsfan
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2016
    Posts: 3869
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 12:01 AM ET #27

    I think Purdue can win this game. It's not like I said that Purdue doesn't have a chance. I don't want to come off as a Purdue homer. I try to be as conservatively realistic as possible, making sure I don't make any mistakes. Covering a 5 point deficit but winning su is common. I posted Rhode Island ats on sunday. I think Purdue will be another example. Thanks for the input
    Reply
    I think Purdue can win this game. It's not like I said that Purdue doesn't have a chance. I don't want to come off as a Purdue homer. I try to be as conservatively realistic as possible, making sure I don't make any mistakes. Covering a 5 point deficit but winning su is common. I posted Rhode Island ats on sunday. I think Purdue will be another example. Thanks for the input
     
    ProudJagsfan
    ProudJagsfan
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2016
    Posts: 3869
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 12:03 AM ET #28

    Like I said in the write-up, I think Purdue definitely keeps this within three possessions. Like they're down 77-75 with 20 seconds left, miss a shot, foul, score end the game losing by max 4
    Reply
    Like I said in the write-up, I think Purdue definitely keeps this within three possessions. Like they're down 77-75 with 20 seconds left, miss a shot, foul, score end the game losing by max 4
     
    ProudJagsfan
    ProudJagsfan
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2016
    Posts: 3869
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 12:05 AM ET #29

    I would argue that 3 or less is too tight a window. Dang the one sentence I should've left out of my write-up lol oh well now I know
    Reply
    I would argue that 3 or less is too tight a window. Dang the one sentence I should've left out of my write-up lol oh well now I know
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 12:16 AM ET #30

    Well if you are now revising that you think Purdue can win you are fine. But I can assure you 5 is no window at all. You would need exactly the scenario you spelled out (down 2, 20 seconds left) to cover with 5 and even then it's tenuous.
    Reply
    Well if you are now revising that you think Purdue can win you are fine. But I can assure you 5 is no window at all. You would need exactly the scenario you spelled out (down 2, 20 seconds left) to cover with 5 and even then it's tenuous.
     
    ProudJagsfan
    ProudJagsfan
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2016
    Posts: 3869
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 12:22 AM ET #31

    Well what I was thinking was that Purdue would be up late and the two x-factors for Kansas would magically pull a win out with a three or something crazy, that's where I stopped thinking. I feel confident given my write-up that Purdue cover is the most probable play. But I don't want to play the ML. Same exact reason that I played Rhode Island ats but not ML. Oregon has Brooks. Kansas has Mason. They'll find some way to pull a win out at the end. But not cover. Of course Purdue can win su. Points is the play though imo. 5 is too much chalk given everything I wrote 
    Reply
    Well what I was thinking was that Purdue would be up late and the two x-factors for Kansas would magically pull a win out with a three or something crazy, that's where I stopped thinking. I feel confident given my write-up that Purdue cover is the most probable play. But I don't want to play the ML. Same exact reason that I played Rhode Island ats but not ML. Oregon has Brooks. Kansas has Mason. They'll find some way to pull a win out at the end. But not cover. Of course Purdue can win su. Points is the play though imo. 5 is too much chalk given everything I wrote 
     
    jrgumpert
    jrgumpert
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 9876
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 2:29 AM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy_Winslow:

    This game might be the biggest coaching mismatch of the tournament.





    KU by DD
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy_Winslow:

    This game might be the biggest coaching mismatch of the tournament.





    KU by DD
     
    composite
    composite
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4418
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 3:22 AM ET #33

    Quote Originally Posted by undermysac:

    Take Michael Jordan out of the Bulls lineup in the 90's and they essentially become the Denver Nuggets

    Uh, no.  Bulls without Jordan were actually pretty damn good.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by undermysac:

    Take Michael Jordan out of the Bulls lineup in the 90's and they essentially become the Denver Nuggets

    Uh, no.  Bulls without Jordan were actually pretty damn good.
     
    nerfthis
    nerfthis
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2016
    Posts: 311
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 3:29 AM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy_Winslow:

    This game might be the biggest coaching mismatch of the tournament.
    hey bud ur not allowed to b_tch about painter till after he get embrassedd  like always 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy_Winslow:

    This game might be the biggest coaching mismatch of the tournament.
    hey bud ur not allowed to b_tch about painter till after he get embrassedd  like always 
     
    CHIQUITA09
    CHIQUITA09
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 941
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 3:51 AM ET #35

    MY MONEY IS WITH KANSAS
    Reply
    MY MONEY IS WITH KANSAS
     
    jaybucko
    jaybucko
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2017
    Posts: 4315
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 3:57 AM ET #36

    Kansas ML -200 
    Reply
    Kansas ML -200 
     
    hradekbr
    hradekbr
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 6186
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 4:37 AM ET #37

    Here's my problem with Purdue in this game. First off, Eddy mentioned it above, but Painter versus Self is about as big a coaching mismatch you will find this late into the tourney. I'm not even a huge Self fan, but would without question take him 1000 times out of 1000 over Painter in any scenario.

    My next problem is its pretty clear the formula for slowing down Purdue (and also scoring on them with ease) was figured out in the second half of the Iowa State. Lets call a spade a spade, Purdue was flat out exposed in the 2nd half. That being said, Steve Prohm's gameplan against them wasnt even that spot on.

    At times he'd roll out the 4 out set with Burton setting a high ball screen for Morris, in turn putting Swanigan in a PnR and more importantly 22 feet from the hoop, but he didnt run it enough.... not even close to enough. I just can't figure out how Purdue is going to be able to slow down Mason/Lucas PnR with Jackson on the wing ready to catch and slash to the hoop when needed. If Purdue thinks their going to be able to roll out Haas/Swanigan on the court together for longer than 8-10 minutes, their sadly mistaken. Swanigan in this scenario would mostly be on Jackson, which is a just asking to be scored on every time down the court. Not to mention Kansas' vaunted transition game would be put in the perfect scenario. 

    There are so many big time players in this matchup, yet I think the most important little battle that will mean the most in this game is Mathias/Mykhailiuk. These two have their similarities, but also some key differences. Mathias, a kid who grew up about a half hour from me in Elida, Ohio and knocked out my alma mater a few years back in the state playoffs, has one of the best basketball IQ's in the college game today. He's so smart at moving without the ball and finding spaces in the defense to get a good look from the outside. His ability to shoot off the dribble is a bit underrated, but the real problem is when you leave him open due to a poor rotation off a Swanigan post up. He's very smart defensively, but has no foot speed and struggles to guard good slashing wings. In fits Mykhaliuk. A player who has taken huge strides this season in his penetration game. His shooting ability opens up his pump and power move to his right, something that resulted in two baskets for him last game. He's got the ability to give Kansas a huge boost as their 4th scorer tonight, something they've been looking for all year. If he can have a good start tonight, I think it will slowly start to open up the paint for Mason/Jackson/Graham.

    I got Kansas winning this one 82-73. Would love to take the over, but the number is slightly too high for me. Will probably wait to see what the 2h line is.
    Reply
    Here's my problem with Purdue in this game. First off, Eddy mentioned it above, but Painter versus Self is about as big a coaching mismatch you will find this late into the tourney. I'm not even a huge Self fan, but would without question take him 1000 times out of 1000 over Painter in any scenario.

    My next problem is its pretty clear the formula for slowing down Purdue (and also scoring on them with ease) was figured out in the second half of the Iowa State. Lets call a spade a spade, Purdue was flat out exposed in the 2nd half. That being said, Steve Prohm's gameplan against them wasnt even that spot on.

    At times he'd roll out the 4 out set with Burton setting a high ball screen for Morris, in turn putting Swanigan in a PnR and more importantly 22 feet from the hoop, but he didnt run it enough.... not even close to enough. I just can't figure out how Purdue is going to be able to slow down Mason/Lucas PnR with Jackson on the wing ready to catch and slash to the hoop when needed. If Purdue thinks their going to be able to roll out Haas/Swanigan on the court together for longer than 8-10 minutes, their sadly mistaken. Swanigan in this scenario would mostly be on Jackson, which is a just asking to be scored on every time down the court. Not to mention Kansas' vaunted transition game would be put in the perfect scenario. 

    There are so many big time players in this matchup, yet I think the most important little battle that will mean the most in this game is Mathias/Mykhailiuk. These two have their similarities, but also some key differences. Mathias, a kid who grew up about a half hour from me in Elida, Ohio and knocked out my alma mater a few years back in the state playoffs, has one of the best basketball IQ's in the college game today. He's so smart at moving without the ball and finding spaces in the defense to get a good look from the outside. His ability to shoot off the dribble is a bit underrated, but the real problem is when you leave him open due to a poor rotation off a Swanigan post up. He's very smart defensively, but has no foot speed and struggles to guard good slashing wings. In fits Mykhaliuk. A player who has taken huge strides this season in his penetration game. His shooting ability opens up his pump and power move to his right, something that resulted in two baskets for him last game. He's got the ability to give Kansas a huge boost as their 4th scorer tonight, something they've been looking for all year. If he can have a good start tonight, I think it will slowly start to open up the paint for Mason/Jackson/Graham.

    I got Kansas winning this one 82-73. Would love to take the over, but the number is slightly too high for me. Will probably wait to see what the 2h line is.
     
    undermysac
    undermysac
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 52268
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 8:18 AM ET #38

    Great talk here^

    No one talking fouls/free throws...purdue plays clean, foul very little. KU fouls more. PU draws more fouls as well.

    I disagree somewhat with scal about the #5, but my argument won't be in the same context as what his was.

    4/5 is a huge difference in a 2 possession to 3 possession game. Fouls n free throws might play.
    Reply
    Great talk here^

    No one talking fouls/free throws...purdue plays clean, foul very little. KU fouls more. PU draws more fouls as well.

    I disagree somewhat with scal about the #5, but my argument won't be in the same context as what his was.

    4/5 is a huge difference in a 2 possession to 3 possession game. Fouls n free throws might play.
     
    lookingtowin
    lookingtowin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 5654
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 8:56 AM ET #39

    Quote Originally Posted by undermysac:

    Take Michael Jordan out of the Bulls lineup in the 90's and they essentially become the Denver Nuggets



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by undermysac:

    Take Michael Jordan out of the Bulls lineup in the 90's and they essentially become the Denver Nuggets



     
    ProudJagsfan
    ProudJagsfan
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2016
    Posts: 3869
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 10:22 AM ET #40

    I think I was just trying to be so precise in my analysis that I lost some persuasiveness, but that' ok, i'm not trying to "sell" Purdue, just express my humble opinion
    Reply
    I think I was just trying to be so precise in my analysis that I lost some persuasiveness, but that' ok, i'm not trying to "sell" Purdue, just express my humble opinion
     
    IAdecimal5
    IAdecimal5
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2016
    Posts: 18922
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 10:55 AM ET #41

    IMO, the key tonight will be if Purdue can make their perimeter shots.... Kansas will definitely key the defense on the Purdue bigs and try not to allow them to establish a near the basket post presence, which should open up some decent looks for Mathias, Cline and Thompson on the outside....If they have a rough shooting game them Kansas will win by 10+....
    Reply
    IMO, the key tonight will be if Purdue can make their perimeter shots.... Kansas will definitely key the defense on the Purdue bigs and try not to allow them to establish a near the basket post presence, which should open up some decent looks for Mathias, Cline and Thompson on the outside....If they have a rough shooting game them Kansas will win by 10+....
     
    ProudJagsfan
    ProudJagsfan
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2016
    Posts: 3869
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 11:01 AM ET #42

    I agree Decimal....

    Quote Originally Posted by Go_Green:



    Purdue has 5 guys that shot over 40% from 3.  They may have had a bad game, but don't be fooled, they can light you up. 

    Mathias - 45.8% (led Big10) on 155 attempts
    Swanigan - 43.2% on 81 attempts
    V. Edwards - 42.5% on 102
    Cline - 40.6% on 106
    Thompson - 40.2% on 127

    I'd be shocked if there is another team in the nation that has 5 guys over 40% from 3 on the year.  It's due to their inside/outside game getting good looks.  Kansas will probably have to double Swanigan.  When they do, he will kick to someone who is over 40% from 3 with over 100 attempts on the year...I like those odds. 

    Jags/Sac thanks for the awesome words/numbers.  I'll be on Purdue.  The only thing that gives me pause is the potential that Jackson could be breaking out in route to the draft, similar to Carmelo's tourney.
    Reply
    I agree Decimal....

    Quote Originally Posted by Go_Green:



    Purdue has 5 guys that shot over 40% from 3.  They may have had a bad game, but don't be fooled, they can light you up. 

    Mathias - 45.8% (led Big10) on 155 attempts
    Swanigan - 43.2% on 81 attempts
    V. Edwards - 42.5% on 102
    Cline - 40.6% on 106
    Thompson - 40.2% on 127

    I'd be shocked if there is another team in the nation that has 5 guys over 40% from 3 on the year.  It's due to their inside/outside game getting good looks.  Kansas will probably have to double Swanigan.  When they do, he will kick to someone who is over 40% from 3 with over 100 attempts on the year...I like those odds. 

    Jags/Sac thanks for the awesome words/numbers.  I'll be on Purdue.  The only thing that gives me pause is the potential that Jackson could be breaking out in route to the draft, similar to Carmelo's tourney.
     
    freaballz2
    freaballz2
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2016
    Posts: 190
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 11:11 AM ET #43

    Switch out the best player on Purdue with Lonzo Ball and you win the Championship! 
    Reply
    Switch out the best player on Purdue with Lonzo Ball and you win the Championship! 
     
    Broncodevil
    Broncodevil
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 1224
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 11:18 AM ET #44

    Appreciate well thought out posts! After watching all the games I think Kansas is the best team. No stats to back it up...but when they were playing Mich  st,they just looked really good. ,
    Reply
    Appreciate well thought out posts! After watching all the games I think Kansas is the best team. No stats to back it up...but when they were playing Mich  st,they just looked really good. ,
     
     
    iConsciousness
    iConsciousness
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2015
    Posts: 4650
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2017 - 2:58 PM ET #45

    NIce write-up, Jags.... and some very compelling arguments. 

    I'm leaning Kansas before the write-up, and still a little, but a bit more cautious about it now. This game might be more of a live bet for me, as I feel Kansas advances.  Maybe I can get them at a low ML.
    Reply
    NIce write-up, Jags.... and some very compelling arguments. 

    I'm leaning Kansas before the write-up, and still a little, but a bit more cautious about it now. This game might be more of a live bet for me, as I feel Kansas advances.  Maybe I can get them at a low ML.
    All Forums | College Basketball
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,462
    • Sunday 09/27/2026 504
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,131
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,714
    • Sunday 3,124
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 101,938
    • HELP PLEASE 1,474
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 13,594
    • NFL Sunday 7,458
    • PART DEUX 220

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.