• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Basketball

    ONLY 1 BETTABLE GAME TONIGHT SO FAR

    12 Next Last»
    shirley-jester
    meatwhistle
    2169
    nropp11
    marksb79
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3223
    Posts: 37
    12 Next Last»
     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 4:12 PM ET #1

    After pouring over almost the entire card. I can only pick 1 game to wager on.

    Penn State + 4.5

    Using my "methods", which incorporate median and average performances of recent games, this is the only game (so far) where I think I have a wagering edge.

    This wager falls into my "best bet" category, so it warrants my MAX bet. The only problem I have is that I have been really "off" on my predictions of Illinois games to date. Hopefully, I am correct tonight.

    Comments and observations are welcome.

    BOL,

    Totally.....................Shirley

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    After pouring over almost the entire card. I can only pick 1 game to wager on.

    Penn State + 4.5

    Using my "methods", which incorporate median and average performances of recent games, this is the only game (so far) where I think I have a wagering edge.

    This wager falls into my "best bet" category, so it warrants my MAX bet. The only problem I have is that I have been really "off" on my predictions of Illinois games to date. Hopefully, I am correct tonight.

    Comments and observations are welcome.

    BOL,

    Totally.....................Shirley

     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 5:09 PM ET #2

    Can somebody give me a really good reason to play Illinois in this game?

    Is their "D" that good, that they hold opponents to extremely low shooting pcts. or do they shoot 90% from the line down the stretch, or light it up from 3?

    I know they are a great assist team, continuing to pass  to the open man, I can see that.  Maybe their degensive board strength is supreme, I don't know.

    I am thinking that this game is too good to be true, and you know what they say about that statement!

    C'mon Penn State, please cover the spread!

    BOL,

    Totally........................ Shirley 

    Reply

    Can somebody give me a really good reason to play Illinois in this game?

    Is their "D" that good, that they hold opponents to extremely low shooting pcts. or do they shoot 90% from the line down the stretch, or light it up from 3?

    I know they are a great assist team, continuing to pass  to the open man, I can see that.  Maybe their degensive board strength is supreme, I don't know.

    I am thinking that this game is too good to be true, and you know what they say about that statement!

    C'mon Penn State, please cover the spread!

    BOL,

    Totally........................ Shirley 

     
    meatwhistle
    meatwhistle
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 5372
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 5:37 PM ET #3

    I just can't get that Blowout out of my head when Penn State was used and abused by Maryland.  Penn State relies a lot on one player...tho they do play well at home...ex. Purdue game.   Illini has too many shooters for Penn State to control.

    gl

    Reply

    I just can't get that Blowout out of my head when Penn State was used and abused by Maryland.  Penn State relies a lot on one player...tho they do play well at home...ex. Purdue game.   Illini has too many shooters for Penn State to control.

    gl

     
    2169
    2169
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 10748
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 5:43 PM ET #4

    Reply
     
    nropp11
    nropp11
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2006
    Posts: 7963
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 5:45 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by shirley-jester:

    Using my "methods", which incorporate median and average performances of recent games

    If your "methods" are using average performances of recent games, did you completely look past the fact that Illinois is shooting an average of 67% from the field in their last three games?

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by shirley-jester:

    Using my "methods", which incorporate median and average performances of recent games

    If your "methods" are using average performances of recent games, did you completely look past the fact that Illinois is shooting an average of 67% from the field in their last three games?

     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 5:56 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by nropp11:

    If your "methods" are using average performances of recent games, did you completely look past the fact that Illinois is shooting an average of 67% from the field in their last three games?

    Good point. I believe this is why they are a "bet against" tonight.

    Their results are not representative of the "real scores" of their games. Most teams shoot in the 45 pct range.

    Incidentally, I use both means and medians to calculate the games.

    If they shoot 67% for the year, then I will adjust my methods, however, I don't put heavy weighting on shooting pcts. I concentrate on the "hidden" stats of baketball games which yield a truer picture of any game played.

    Thanks for the comments, well taken

     

    Totally.................Shirley

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by nropp11:

    If your "methods" are using average performances of recent games, did you completely look past the fact that Illinois is shooting an average of 67% from the field in their last three games?

    Good point. I believe this is why they are a "bet against" tonight.

    Their results are not representative of the "real scores" of their games. Most teams shoot in the 45 pct range.

    Incidentally, I use both means and medians to calculate the games.

    If they shoot 67% for the year, then I will adjust my methods, however, I don't put heavy weighting on shooting pcts. I concentrate on the "hidden" stats of baketball games which yield a truer picture of any game played.

    Thanks for the comments, well taken

     

    Totally.................Shirley

     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 5:57 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by meatwhistle:

    I just can't get that Blowout out of my head when Penn State was used and abused by Maryland.  Penn State relies a lot on one player...tho they do play well at home...ex. Purdue game.   Illini has too many shooters for Penn State to control.

    gl

     

    I know what you mean! One player wonder team.

    Bol, totally Shirley

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by meatwhistle:

    I just can't get that Blowout out of my head when Penn State was used and abused by Maryland.  Penn State relies a lot on one player...tho they do play well at home...ex. Purdue game.   Illini has too many shooters for Penn State to control.

    gl

     

    I know what you mean! One player wonder team.

    Bol, totally Shirley

     
    marksb79
    marksb79
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 1746
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 5:59 PM ET #8

    Reply
     
    cburk
    cburk
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 2004
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 6:30 PM ET #9

    How about ILLI is 3rd in the country in 3 point shooting while PSU is 321st in defending it.  Also, PSU, slight let down after a tough win over MSU, starters averaged 37-38 minutes, see them losing their legs a little in the 2nd half.  Should be a good game but I see ILLI pulling away in the 2nd half.  But that is why we gamble.
    Reply
    How about ILLI is 3rd in the country in 3 point shooting while PSU is 321st in defending it.  Also, PSU, slight let down after a tough win over MSU, starters averaged 37-38 minutes, see them losing their legs a little in the 2nd half.  Should be a good game but I see ILLI pulling away in the 2nd half.  But that is why we gamble.
     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 6:37 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by cburk:

    How about ILLI is 3rd in the country in 3 point shooting while PSU is 321st in defending it.  Also, PSU, slight let down after a tough win over MSU, starters averaged 37-38 minutes, see them losing their legs a little in the 2nd half.  Should be a good game but I see ILLI pulling away in the 2nd half.  But that is why we gamble.

     

    Great observations and comments. Thank you

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by cburk:

    How about ILLI is 3rd in the country in 3 point shooting while PSU is 321st in defending it.  Also, PSU, slight let down after a tough win over MSU, starters averaged 37-38 minutes, see them losing their legs a little in the 2nd half.  Should be a good game but I see ILLI pulling away in the 2nd half.  But that is why we gamble.

     

    Great observations and comments. Thank you

     
    lonetreejj
    lonetreejj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 2921
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 6:42 PM ET #11

    surely nice to see you posting again shirley-j

     

    unfortunately, I dont see this PSU squad putting quality b to b games together... which is, imo, what they need to cover.

     

     

    Reply

    surely nice to see you posting again shirley-j

     

    unfortunately, I dont see this PSU squad putting quality b to b games together... which is, imo, what they need to cover.

     

     

     
    EricGordonFan
    EricGordonFan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 130
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 6:45 PM ET #12

    Illinois down to -4 and Over 134, dropping $100 to win $260.  Illinois is legit, and it pains me to say that....  I like my odds. 

    Illinois is just too athletic for Penn State, and that's why they'll wear them down late and win by 6-10. 

    One of us will be right, BOL!
    Reply
    Illinois down to -4 and Over 134, dropping $100 to win $260.  Illinois is legit, and it pains me to say that....  I like my odds. 

    Illinois is just too athletic for Penn State, and that's why they'll wear them down late and win by 6-10. 

    One of us will be right, BOL!
     
    bigsew65
    bigsew65
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 289
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 6:53 PM ET #13

    Illinois shoots the three very well and Penn State is one of the worst in Div I-A at defending it.  Also, the PSU big men are not nearly effective going against bigger players like Tisdale and Davis for Illinois.
    Reply
    Illinois shoots the three very well and Penn State is one of the worst in Div I-A at defending it.  Also, the PSU big men are not nearly effective going against bigger players like Tisdale and Davis for Illinois.
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 7:01 PM ET #14

    If you have been "off" on Illini games, that would seem the perfect opportunity for you to walk away.............

    Until you can figure them out.

    I mean, what if I said "I got a system that works really well, except when Wichita State plays"

    "Wichita State is playing tonight, how much should I bet?"

    "Doctor, it hurts when I do this"

    "Don't do that"

    Reply

    If you have been "off" on Illini games, that would seem the perfect opportunity for you to walk away.............

    Until you can figure them out.

    I mean, what if I said "I got a system that works really well, except when Wichita State plays"

    "Wichita State is playing tonight, how much should I bet?"

    "Doctor, it hurts when I do this"

    "Don't do that"

     
    PGram13
    PGram13
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 14861
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 7:06 PM ET #15

    Reply
     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 7:07 PM ET #16

    [Quote: Originally Posted by The Hawk]

    If you have been "off" on Illini games, that would seem the perfect opportunity for you to walk away.............

    Until you can figure them out.

    I mean, what if I said "I got a system that works really well, except when Wichita State plays"

     

    You make me smile. I already pulled the trigger at +5, and a maz bet wager for me,

    It's still a max bet for me, but my side "does" hurt. I better stop poking it. I am getting what you mean, and might feel ill when P st goes down 23-7 early.

    You make too much sense for me!!

     

    Totally.,,,,,,,Shirley

     

    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by The Hawk]

    If you have been "off" on Illini games, that would seem the perfect opportunity for you to walk away.............

    Until you can figure them out.

    I mean, what if I said "I got a system that works really well, except when Wichita State plays"

     

    You make me smile. I already pulled the trigger at +5, and a maz bet wager for me,

    It's still a max bet for me, but my side "does" hurt. I better stop poking it. I am getting what you mean, and might feel ill when P st goes down 23-7 early.

    You make too much sense for me!!

     

    Totally.,,,,,,,Shirley

     

     
    snuke
    snuke
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 1126
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 7:11 PM ET #17

    I can't see Penn State covering here.  Illinois is so far above Penn State in talent.  I was actually surprised the line was so low.

    Illini -4.5
    Reply
    I can't see Penn State covering here.  Illinois is so far above Penn State in talent.  I was actually surprised the line was so low.

    Illini -4.5
     
    shakey12381
    shakey12381
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 27748
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 7:16 PM ET #18

    Reply
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 7:30 PM ET #19

    Shirl, it would appear you keep accurate records/tracking of your wagers, and not just the wins. That puts you in the top 25% IMHO, of knowing what you are betting. I'm sure you'll be smiling soon, and not just because of my lousy jokes.

    And when you do, you'll come back and tell us, right? We are here to help each other. GL

    Reply

    Shirl, it would appear you keep accurate records/tracking of your wagers, and not just the wins. That puts you in the top 25% IMHO, of knowing what you are betting. I'm sure you'll be smiling soon, and not just because of my lousy jokes.

    And when you do, you'll come back and tell us, right? We are here to help each other. GL

     
    KktdocT
    KktdocT
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 66757
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 11:04 PM ET #20

    Good bet.

    Reply

    Good bet.

     
    Mcmanus
    Mcmanus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2005
    Posts: 7303
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2011 - 11:16 PM ET #21

    Reply
     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2011 - 3:59 AM ET #22

    Hello to All!

    I NEVER watched a second of the game. as I have been very ill lately (flu) and just now woke up at 3AM.

    I will now check the boxscore and go over the play by play on another website. . This way I can "re-live" the game like it's actually happening.

    I will provide a report of my analysis, later.

    BOL,

    Totally.................Shirley

    Reply

    Hello to All!

    I NEVER watched a second of the game. as I have been very ill lately (flu) and just now woke up at 3AM.

    I will now check the boxscore and go over the play by play on another website. . This way I can "re-live" the game like it's actually happening.

    I will provide a report of my analysis, later.

    BOL,

    Totally.................Shirley

     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2011 - 4:12 AM ET #23

    I just finished "watching the game" on the internet. 5 hours after it was completed.

    My analysis yields an interesting observation.

    Although the score was a 2 point win, I believe P St, was in control of this game, pretty mach the entire way, and could have won by a lot more.

    My numbers (before game time) had P St winning by 7. I didn't publish these, because I didn't want everyone to think I was out of my mind.

    However, this game looks more like a 10-12 point win, rather than a 2 point victotry for P St.. The shot terribly, and still won!

    Maybe they will continue to be UNDERRATED in future games. It all depends on the matchup, and to have an actual wager, we need the other team to be OVERRATED.

    Congrats to all that wagered on the baby lions.

    BOL,

    Totally.............Shirley

    Reply

    I just finished "watching the game" on the internet. 5 hours after it was completed.

    My analysis yields an interesting observation.

    Although the score was a 2 point win, I believe P St, was in control of this game, pretty mach the entire way, and could have won by a lot more.

    My numbers (before game time) had P St winning by 7. I didn't publish these, because I didn't want everyone to think I was out of my mind.

    However, this game looks more like a 10-12 point win, rather than a 2 point victotry for P St.. The shot terribly, and still won!

    Maybe they will continue to be UNDERRATED in future games. It all depends on the matchup, and to have an actual wager, we need the other team to be OVERRATED.

    Congrats to all that wagered on the baby lions.

    BOL,

    Totally.............Shirley

     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2011 - 4:38 AM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsew65:

    Illinois shoots the three very well and Penn State is one of the worst in Div I-A at defending it.  Also, the PSU big men are not nearly effective going against bigger players like Tisdale and Davis for Illinois.

    Great observation, but a potentially wrong analysis for the 3 point shooting.. I'lll explain.

    They cant' shoot higher than 100% from 3. that's their upside. Most likely their real upside is only 50%. If they shoot 45%, then a poor team like P St. will raise their shooting pct only 5% to 50% (their real limit),

    If they shoot great from 3 a poor defensive team will not change anything. Only a GOOD defensive team will impact their 3 balls, and effect their scoring potential. So, P St's def 3 ineptness is NOT a huge hinderence for this matchup.

    You have to think out of the box a bit to fugure this out, but  that's how i's done.

    BOL,

    Totally...............Shirley

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsew65:

    Illinois shoots the three very well and Penn State is one of the worst in Div I-A at defending it.  Also, the PSU big men are not nearly effective going against bigger players like Tisdale and Davis for Illinois.

    Great observation, but a potentially wrong analysis for the 3 point shooting.. I'lll explain.

    They cant' shoot higher than 100% from 3. that's their upside. Most likely their real upside is only 50%. If they shoot 45%, then a poor team like P St. will raise their shooting pct only 5% to 50% (their real limit),

    If they shoot great from 3 a poor defensive team will not change anything. Only a GOOD defensive team will impact their 3 balls, and effect their scoring potential. So, P St's def 3 ineptness is NOT a huge hinderence for this matchup.

    You have to think out of the box a bit to fugure this out, but  that's how i's done.

    BOL,

    Totally...............Shirley

     
     
    SonnySixKill
    SonnySixKill
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 1227
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2011 - 4:51 AM ET #25

    Whats on the card for Wed?
    Reply
    Whats on the card for Wed?
    All Forums | College Basketball
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,673
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,325
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,053
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,809
    • MLB Playoffs 5,559
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,449
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 6,001
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 7,068
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,303
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,019

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.