is it necessary to report gambling winnings via bitcoin on Taxes?
I've withdrawn a solid 20-30k through coinbase the past year. I wasn't aware it gets reported until later last year. The thing is though they can't track how much you're losing. Bitcoin got raped last year. If you're purchasing bitcoin through other mediums of exchange and losing there and withdrawing some via coinbase they can't tell what you're actually profiting which makes taxes complicated. It's like if you play poker and all they see is the cashouts, but not the deposits. What if I withdrew 20k to my bank, but bought in with 70k and blew that off? Obviously I wouldn't have to pay taxes. That's the grey area.
I've withdrawn a solid 20-30k through coinbase the past year. I wasn't aware it gets reported until later last year. The thing is though they can't track how much you're losing. Bitcoin got raped last year. If you're purchasing bitcoin through other mediums of exchange and losing there and withdrawing some via coinbase they can't tell what you're actually profiting which makes taxes complicated. It's like if you play poker and all they see is the cashouts, but not the deposits. What if I withdrew 20k to my bank, but bought in with 70k and blew that off? Obviously I wouldn't have to pay taxes. That's the grey area.
The IRS is the last Federal entity you want on your bad side...I know first hand, via my brother's father-in-law. Dude spent a year in the workhouse for being behind with them and he was no big player...they took his retirement and paid for house because of what was owed and the Penalties on top of it. The Penalties are outlandish and a good Attorney can't guarantee they'll negotiate.
Pay the flipping taxes and keep them happy.
What will your defense be if they audit you and take you to court? "This Covers thread proves why I didn't pay?"
GET REAL
The IRS is the last Federal entity you want on your bad side...I know first hand, via my brother's father-in-law. Dude spent a year in the workhouse for being behind with them and he was no big player...they took his retirement and paid for house because of what was owed and the Penalties on top of it. The Penalties are outlandish and a good Attorney can't guarantee they'll negotiate.
Pay the flipping taxes and keep them happy.
What will your defense be if they audit you and take you to court? "This Covers thread proves why I didn't pay?"
GET REAL
Hot Forum Topics
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,652
- Monday 09/28/2026 811
- 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,265
- Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,535
- PART DEUX 252
- I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 59,998
- NFL LOCKED IN! 102,400
- Eagles@Bears discussion 3,648
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,553
- NCAA WEEK 4 *** Parlay Picasso *** 9,368
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
