Quote Originally Posted by woopdurritis:
The fact that the line is so low, and the public will be pounding Duke makes me a little nervous, however I just can't rationalize Duke not being the play.
1. Revenge Factor (Duke rarely ever loses to a team twice in a season, they are going to be hungry for this one.
FSU just as hungry to prove it wasn't a fluke
2. Fighting for a 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. (Duke is currently ranked fourth in the country, and one of the few teams left fighting for a number 1 seed in the NCAA tournament. With a second loss to FSU they can kiss that goodbye.)
Teams have lost before fighting for a #1 seed
3. Fighting for ACC Championship. (Currently there is a 3 way tie atop the ACC between Duke, North Carolina, and FSU. With a win over FSU here Duke puts themselves in position to win, as they have already won at UNC. Coach K puts a great deal of pride into winning the ACC, and wants another crown.)
FSU also fighting for ACC Championship,,with win has inside track after beating Duke in Cameron also.
4. Duke is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games, while FSU is 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games. FSU has had a couple of very close games against mediocre competition.
No argument over last 5 games, but Duke had to fight back from big deficits twice.....they weren't dominating in all of those games, and alot of good teams tend to play down to their opponents level during the course of a season
I know Duke has fought back from some huge deficits, but they will be focused and ready for this one. I expect Duke to play hard defense, and hit some 3's.
FSU one of the best defenses in the country, I dont think Duke will get any easy shots from the 3 or from inside, and I think FSU'll be just asbfocused.
Right or wrong, play I don't know how you can take FSU in this one...
Taking FSU.....could be wrong, but I really feel they match up well with Duke
Dukies -1.5 (You can be sure this line will be closer to -2.5 or even -3 by gametime.)
Wood, not bashing, just feel that the reasons given aren't good enough. I feel the line is 1 in order to get bettors to play Duke, and Vegas is gonna win this one......BOL, much respect for your capping and insight most of the time, but I like FSU at home, and I l hope you're right about line going up