• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | The Archives

    Moving to Vegas to become a full time pro handicapper

    «First Previous 217218219 ... 567568569 Next Last»
    scalabrine
    DUDE-I-TOLD-YOU
    smacksmiter
    collegegambler
    guada21
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 973052
    Posts: 14201
    «First Previous 217218219 ... 567568569 Next Last»
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2015 - 11:59 PM ET #5401

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Knicks tied with 7 and change left. They won't win but I'm glad I got a shot with only $100 risked at +1100


    This is akin to saying "I'm glad I got a shot at hitting 3 7's on a $100 slot machine. At best the third 7 will be one tick above the pay line, but listen, it was a shot."

    Great attitude. Unfortunately you basically cut a $100 bill into a snowflake like a first grader working on an art project.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Knicks tied with 7 and change left. They won't win but I'm glad I got a shot with only $100 risked at +1100


    This is akin to saying "I'm glad I got a shot at hitting 3 7's on a $100 slot machine. At best the third 7 will be one tick above the pay line, but listen, it was a shot."

    Great attitude. Unfortunately you basically cut a $100 bill into a snowflake like a first grader working on an art project.  
     
    DUDE-I-TOLD-YOU
    DUDE-I-TOLD-YOU
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 1286
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:00 AM ET #5402

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Haha a brutal spot for Scal. It's amazing all the hate I get and them I have a good day and it's so quiet. Shows how pathetic ppl truly are. Oh big shocker I haven't gotten a single call from a "no caller id" tonight. If I had lost they would have called me another 15 times harassing me again


    Watched the 5.5k video at work today...had people coming by that appreciate the game for the GAME...zero care to put their hard earned money on it...and even they were bragging about how foolish it was (to go against the Hawks).

    and in the second they start making jokes, I catch the next vid where your "humbled".  you said it was a S--t move to blame family or whatever...that Scal had a point (your own words)...and that you needed to get back to the goals you set from day 1.  End it all by saying "IT'S NOT OVER YET...ESPECIALLY IF I STOP ACTING LIKE A F--KING JERKOFF".  at that moment, I came to your defense; which i know you obviously don't need.

    people are always gonna be on one side or the other for you...never the same.  HONESTLY, I CAN say that I don't envy you, or live vicariously through you.  Why?  Because I've grown up in a degenerate family, and gone to Vegas more times than people have had birthdays on this site.  It gets old...especially when you don't have family or a job to keep you "distracted".  

    I know my post will just fade into the ether of this all, but I just felt like telling you because you've only heard it 1000 times.  Maybe 1001 will be the magic number.  JK.  You've been a member long enough to know about good ol Scal, and you still take it like a newb.  Worse, is that you've got the gang of supporters that want you to be ticked, so that they can talk crap about the guy.  Use your experience to make a better example bro.  If you told them to shut up, most probably would.  Better yet, avoid getting into these internet shouting matches, and take back control of YOUR thread.

    just my .02, which I won't share again.  BOL CG  (just don't fade Nova again, lol).
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Haha a brutal spot for Scal. It's amazing all the hate I get and them I have a good day and it's so quiet. Shows how pathetic ppl truly are. Oh big shocker I haven't gotten a single call from a "no caller id" tonight. If I had lost they would have called me another 15 times harassing me again


    Watched the 5.5k video at work today...had people coming by that appreciate the game for the GAME...zero care to put their hard earned money on it...and even they were bragging about how foolish it was (to go against the Hawks).

    and in the second they start making jokes, I catch the next vid where your "humbled".  you said it was a S--t move to blame family or whatever...that Scal had a point (your own words)...and that you needed to get back to the goals you set from day 1.  End it all by saying "IT'S NOT OVER YET...ESPECIALLY IF I STOP ACTING LIKE A F--KING JERKOFF".  at that moment, I came to your defense; which i know you obviously don't need.

    people are always gonna be on one side or the other for you...never the same.  HONESTLY, I CAN say that I don't envy you, or live vicariously through you.  Why?  Because I've grown up in a degenerate family, and gone to Vegas more times than people have had birthdays on this site.  It gets old...especially when you don't have family or a job to keep you "distracted".  

    I know my post will just fade into the ether of this all, but I just felt like telling you because you've only heard it 1000 times.  Maybe 1001 will be the magic number.  JK.  You've been a member long enough to know about good ol Scal, and you still take it like a newb.  Worse, is that you've got the gang of supporters that want you to be ticked, so that they can talk crap about the guy.  Use your experience to make a better example bro.  If you told them to shut up, most probably would.  Better yet, avoid getting into these internet shouting matches, and take back control of YOUR thread.

    just my .02, which I won't share again.  BOL CG  (just don't fade Nova again, lol).
     
    smacksmiter
    smacksmiter
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 14064
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:00 AM ET #5403

    It never hurts to review the numbers.  If you win 60%, you are losing 40%.  

    Bet 20 games a week at $500 a game and you win 12 and lose 8 for a net increase of +$1600.  Do that 4 weeks a month and you have +$6400 profit for the month.

    Bet 15 games a week and be up +$4800 for the month.

    There is absolutely nothing wrong with either of those.  As long as you can average that, its all good.

    There is absolutely no need to jack the number up to $1k unless you feel like you have a 90%+ winner.  Those bets, right now at this bankroll level, should be a rare event.

    This is a "marathon, not a sprint" you said it yourself not that long ago in this thread.  That's how a pro would look at it.  Take the long term view.

    Your bankroll is your lifeline to your new life.  You need to use your GIFT to protect it.  Grind away until your best sport comes along in the fall.  Protect your bankroll...especially when you are not playing your best sport.  You need to be in protect mode until you get this bankroll up to $100k or so.

    Time to grind!~~

    PM for the skinny on the down low
    Reply
    It never hurts to review the numbers.  If you win 60%, you are losing 40%.  

    Bet 20 games a week at $500 a game and you win 12 and lose 8 for a net increase of +$1600.  Do that 4 weeks a month and you have +$6400 profit for the month.

    Bet 15 games a week and be up +$4800 for the month.

    There is absolutely nothing wrong with either of those.  As long as you can average that, its all good.

    There is absolutely no need to jack the number up to $1k unless you feel like you have a 90%+ winner.  Those bets, right now at this bankroll level, should be a rare event.

    This is a "marathon, not a sprint" you said it yourself not that long ago in this thread.  That's how a pro would look at it.  Take the long term view.

    Your bankroll is your lifeline to your new life.  You need to use your GIFT to protect it.  Grind away until your best sport comes along in the fall.  Protect your bankroll...especially when you are not playing your best sport.  You need to be in protect mode until you get this bankroll up to $100k or so.

    Time to grind!~~

     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:01 AM ET #5404

    AD- my bad streak started when I was completely sober everyday with my family here. My capping, gym, albertsons routine was thrown off with them here..... Got back in rythem today and low and behold a 1.6K day. My cousin coming tommorow and staying for a whole week. So routine yet thrown off again.. I need to survive and not lose every bet with him here somehow. After he leaves I'll FINALLY be able to get back in a normal routine for at least a month.
    Reply
    AD- my bad streak started when I was completely sober everyday with my family here. My capping, gym, albertsons routine was thrown off with them here..... Got back in rythem today and low and behold a 1.6K day. My cousin coming tommorow and staying for a whole week. So routine yet thrown off again.. I need to survive and not lose every bet with him here somehow. After he leaves I'll FINALLY be able to get back in a normal routine for at least a month.
     
    guada21
    guada21
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2015
    Posts: 270
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:06 AM ET #5405

    damn bro when you win you are an arrogant prick lol

    tahts why some are rooting for you to lose
    Reply
    damn bro when you win you are an arrogant prick lol

    tahts why some are rooting for you to lose
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:06 AM ET #5406

    The 5.5K bet had nothing to do with me being hungover. I was in the gym throwing around weights at 8am yesterday feeling great. I did it bc I was livid that I was rolling with a great routine and my routine all ended and losing streak started with family here. I wanted to take one shot to get it all back and said I'll grind if I don't win it. I knew everything was going great and had a bad feeling once they came my luck would turn. And boy was I 110% correct. I had to take that shot last night. It's good it didn't work out. Now I'm focused again, or at least was.... Hosting cousin now for a whole week. Smh
    Reply
    The 5.5K bet had nothing to do with me being hungover. I was in the gym throwing around weights at 8am yesterday feeling great. I did it bc I was livid that I was rolling with a great routine and my routine all ended and losing streak started with family here. I wanted to take one shot to get it all back and said I'll grind if I don't win it. I knew everything was going great and had a bad feeling once they came my luck would turn. And boy was I 110% correct. I had to take that shot last night. It's good it didn't work out. Now I'm focused again, or at least was.... Hosting cousin now for a whole week. Smh
     
    DiverRon
    DiverRon
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 3837
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:08 AM ET #5407

    CG,

    Listen to me and bet no more than to win $500 from here on out
    (each bet about 2% of your Bankroll); you can raise it as your roll grows!
    Even with your -110 vig if you hit in the high 50%'s you'll be ok.
    You make enough plays each day to succeed like this.
    No one can disagree with me!
    You need to make it to football season and baskets can be brutal!!!!!!

    Reply

    CG,

    Listen to me and bet no more than to win $500 from here on out
    (each bet about 2% of your Bankroll); you can raise it as your roll grows!
    Even with your -110 vig if you hit in the high 50%'s you'll be ok.
    You make enough plays each day to succeed like this.
    No one can disagree with me!
    You need to make it to football season and baskets can be brutal!!!!!!

     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:08 AM ET #5408

    Scal did I cap the spurs game properly enough for u tonight????
    Reply
    Scal did I cap the spurs game properly enough for u tonight????
     
    guada21
    guada21
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2015
    Posts: 270
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:09 AM ET #5409

    never fails that you are full of yourself when you win 

    damn and youre still down..

    dont be that guy who brags when you win everytime. its annoying 
    Reply
    never fails that you are full of yourself when you win 

    damn and youre still down..

    dont be that guy who brags when you win everytime. its annoying 
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:10 AM ET #5410

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ_Iz_Here:

    AD your not his pops bro, stop the novels, he doesnt care. Let him do CG like only CG can do

    You are right. I'm not his pops. But I am an individual that cares about the well-being of others and I support those whom want to pursue their dreams. 

    I'm not upset about your comments, but I wish you would seriously look at what I am saying. I am trying to help CG. 

    I mean in Vegas, getting on tilt and betting 5k a game, and blowing it…that's the quickest way to get back to the life he once hated.

    I'm not his dad. But I feel like I can offer him some sound advice! CG admittedly struggles with alcoholism and is present in his videos, I'm just trying to help him. 


    You clearly aren't someone that is his friend or looking out for his best interests. I'm not his keeper but it seems as if he knows in his heart of hearts that alcohol can really disrupt his plans. That is it man. Quit encouraging frat boy behavior. He is at a different point in his life….he is too old to be chugging tall boys alone in his apartment.

    He made the trek to Vegas to succeed at sports betting…his betting patters are totally inconsistent with what he did in Jersey even with his crap job.

    I mean he was up 6k after 21 days or what ever…that's more than 70% of Americans make. No need to try to be the big timer quite yet.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ_Iz_Here:

    AD your not his pops bro, stop the novels, he doesnt care. Let him do CG like only CG can do

    You are right. I'm not his pops. But I am an individual that cares about the well-being of others and I support those whom want to pursue their dreams. 

    I'm not upset about your comments, but I wish you would seriously look at what I am saying. I am trying to help CG. 

    I mean in Vegas, getting on tilt and betting 5k a game, and blowing it…that's the quickest way to get back to the life he once hated.

    I'm not his dad. But I feel like I can offer him some sound advice! CG admittedly struggles with alcoholism and is present in his videos, I'm just trying to help him. 


    You clearly aren't someone that is his friend or looking out for his best interests. I'm not his keeper but it seems as if he knows in his heart of hearts that alcohol can really disrupt his plans. That is it man. Quit encouraging frat boy behavior. He is at a different point in his life….he is too old to be chugging tall boys alone in his apartment.

    He made the trek to Vegas to succeed at sports betting…his betting patters are totally inconsistent with what he did in Jersey even with his crap job.

    I mean he was up 6k after 21 days or what ever…that's more than 70% of Americans make. No need to try to be the big timer quite yet.
     
    smacksmiter
    smacksmiter
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 14064
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:10 AM ET #5411

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    AD- my bad streak started when I was completely sober everyday with my family here. My capping, gym, albertsons routine was thrown off with them here..... Got back in rythem today and low and behold a 1.6K day. My cousin coming tommorow and staying for a whole week. So routine yet thrown off again.. I need to survive and not lose every bet with him here somehow. After he leaves I'll FINALLY be able to get back in a normal routine for at least a month.

    I would explain to my cousin that you have a certain amount of the day that must be spent doing your "job".  I am sure he will understand.

    If he does not, keep explaining until he does or just let him know he is on his own every day until you get done what must be done.

    Have to set limits with family members, but do it in as nice a way as possible.  Have to learn to say "no".

    PM for the skinny on the down low
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    AD- my bad streak started when I was completely sober everyday with my family here. My capping, gym, albertsons routine was thrown off with them here..... Got back in rythem today and low and behold a 1.6K day. My cousin coming tommorow and staying for a whole week. So routine yet thrown off again.. I need to survive and not lose every bet with him here somehow. After he leaves I'll FINALLY be able to get back in a normal routine for at least a month.

    I would explain to my cousin that you have a certain amount of the day that must be spent doing your "job".  I am sure he will understand.

    If he does not, keep explaining until he does or just let him know he is on his own every day until you get done what must be done.

    Have to set limits with family members, but do it in as nice a way as possible.  Have to learn to say "no".

     
    baronman
    baronman
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1333
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:12 AM ET #5412

    Sorry Cg I wanted to Call you ONCE . But your Good friend TDOG25, Said your number Was given out to suck ups like him. Can you give me another shout out. I think you gave him 3 Good Ones & 1 Bad one. I did get 1 Drunk One from you though. Good Win today .Glad we both had the Spurs .Now since you did your first half Time Bet Maybe look into 2 team teasers .5 Points 10% juice 5.5 15% juice& My favorite 6 point 20% juice. You know how many Moré Basketball Games, You would won . Hey do your straight plays still.Try 6 point 2 Team teaser Example one i had tonight Spurs-1/ Lakers +9.5 i hit a bunch other Spur teasers tonight. Had t'hem Also Spurs-7. All winners Waiting for Vídeo. Take deep breath. Quiet in hear all Negative Naysayers are very Quiet.
    Reply
    Sorry Cg I wanted to Call you ONCE . But your Good friend TDOG25, Said your number Was given out to suck ups like him. Can you give me another shout out. I think you gave him 3 Good Ones & 1 Bad one. I did get 1 Drunk One from you though. Good Win today .Glad we both had the Spurs .Now since you did your first half Time Bet Maybe look into 2 team teasers .5 Points 10% juice 5.5 15% juice& My favorite 6 point 20% juice. You know how many Moré Basketball Games, You would won . Hey do your straight plays still.Try 6 point 2 Team teaser Example one i had tonight Spurs-1/ Lakers +9.5 i hit a bunch other Spur teasers tonight. Had t'hem Also Spurs-7. All winners Waiting for Vídeo. Take deep breath. Quiet in hear all Negative Naysayers are very Quiet.
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:12 AM ET #5413

    Scal must have prematurely nutted himself when the raptors cut the deficit to six with about 4 min left in the 4th. Sorry they get that a$$ pounded just like I said Scal
    Reply
    Scal must have prematurely nutted himself when the raptors cut the deficit to six with about 4 min left in the 4th. Sorry they get that a$$ pounded just like I said Scal
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:12 AM ET #5414

    CG,

    Don't feel like you have to babysit your cousin or your cousin and his gf….these people are adults…they can do their own thing man. Don't be afraid to tell them this or paraphrase it. Just don't go on some hateful tirade like you did with your first visitors
    Reply
    CG,

    Don't feel like you have to babysit your cousin or your cousin and his gf….these people are adults…they can do their own thing man. Don't be afraid to tell them this or paraphrase it. Just don't go on some hateful tirade like you did with your first visitors
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:14 AM ET #5415

    But to go and place a 5k wager on any game was downright dumb. DID YOU EVER DO THAT ONCE DURING FOOTBALL?! NO.


    Also, you said basketball and baseball aren't your strong suits….why do you feel like you need to bet so big on these sports?! Bide your time betting 300-600 bucks a game and get by to football season where you can feast
    Reply
    But to go and place a 5k wager on any game was downright dumb. DID YOU EVER DO THAT ONCE DURING FOOTBALL?! NO.


    Also, you said basketball and baseball aren't your strong suits….why do you feel like you need to bet so big on these sports?! Bide your time betting 300-600 bucks a game and get by to football season where you can feast
     
    Laroja
    Laroja
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 12241
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:15 AM ET #5416

    If CG goes broke that won't even be the worst part.

    The worst part is going back to his parents'/boss and telling them what happened. 
    Reply
    If CG goes broke that won't even be the worst part.

    The worst part is going back to his parents'/boss and telling them what happened. 
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:17 AM ET #5417

    AD and others- exactly I was up that and had a bad feeling about my family coming out and it screwing up my betting. U don't understand the pressure they put on me. I get 10-15 phone calls a day from them and they had asked 5 times if they could have came even earlier than last week. I only been here 3.5 FREAKING weeks. How many times can I tell them no they can't come? It totally fuckked up my routine. No excuses just a shame, no 5.5K play if they didn't come out. But that's done with. My cousin loves to bet so at least we can both cap so my capping shouldn't suffer. He will be betting also. The visitors who came last week are 110% against betting which was not karma I needed obviously, and ironically I had some sick losses (nets and gators) with the "I told u so" people in town
    Reply
    AD and others- exactly I was up that and had a bad feeling about my family coming out and it screwing up my betting. U don't understand the pressure they put on me. I get 10-15 phone calls a day from them and they had asked 5 times if they could have came even earlier than last week. I only been here 3.5 FREAKING weeks. How many times can I tell them no they can't come? It totally fuckked up my routine. No excuses just a shame, no 5.5K play if they didn't come out. But that's done with. My cousin loves to bet so at least we can both cap so my capping shouldn't suffer. He will be betting also. The visitors who came last week are 110% against betting which was not karma I needed obviously, and ironically I had some sick losses (nets and gators) with the "I told u so" people in town
     
    baronman
    baronman
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1333
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:18 AM ET #5418

    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ_Iz_Here:

    AD your not his pops bro, stop the novels, he doesnt care. Let him do CG like only CG can do
    You are right. I'm not his pops. But I am an individual that cares about the well-being of others and I support those whom want to pursue their dreams. I'm not upset about your comments, but I wish you would seriously look at what I am saying. I am trying to help CG. I mean in Vegas, getting on tilt and betting 5k a game, and blowing it…that's the quickest way to get back to the life he once hated.I'm not his dad. But I feel like I can offer him some sound advice! CG admittedly struggles with alcoholism and is present in his videos, I'm just trying to help him. You clearly aren't someone that is his friend or looking out for his best interests. I'm not his keeper but it seems as if he knows in his heart of hearts that alcohol can really disrupt his plans. That is it man. Quit encouraging frat boy behavior. He is at a different point in his life….he is too old to be chugging tall boys alone in his apartment.He made the trek to Vegas to succeed at sports betting…his betting patters are totally inconsistent with what he did in Jersey even with his crap job.I mean he was up 6k after 21 days or what ever…that's more than 70% of Americans make. No need to try to be the big timer quite yet.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ_Iz_Here:

    AD your not his pops bro, stop the novels, he doesnt care. Let him do CG like only CG can do
    You are right. I'm not his pops. But I am an individual that cares about the well-being of others and I support those whom want to pursue their dreams. I'm not upset about your comments, but I wish you would seriously look at what I am saying. I am trying to help CG. I mean in Vegas, getting on tilt and betting 5k a game, and blowing it…that's the quickest way to get back to the life he once hated.I'm not his dad. But I feel like I can offer him some sound advice! CG admittedly struggles with alcoholism and is present in his videos, I'm just trying to help him. You clearly aren't someone that is his friend or looking out for his best interests. I'm not his keeper but it seems as if he knows in his heart of hearts that alcohol can really disrupt his plans. That is it man. Quit encouraging frat boy behavior. He is at a different point in his life….he is too old to be chugging tall boys alone in his apartment.He made the trek to Vegas to succeed at sports betting…his betting patters are totally inconsistent with what he did in Jersey even with his crap job.I mean he was up 6k after 21 days or what ever…that's more than 70% of Americans make. No need to try to be the big timer quite yet.

     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:18 AM ET #5419

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Haha a brutal spot for Scal. It's amazing all the hate I get and them I have a good day and it's so quiet. Shows how pathetic ppl truly are. Oh big shocker I haven't gotten a single call from a "no caller id" tonight. If I had lost they would have called me another 15 times harassing me again

    So quiet??

    Brutal spot for me??

    You went 3-1 (with a ML loss) but it's not really a true 3-1. It's more like 2-1 with a $2,200 bet.

    You ever hear of a correlated parlay? Almost certainly not.

    Books will not let you parlay a first half with a game line because if you win the first half it is more likely you will win the game (and the opposite is true for losses).

    So you really went against your bankroll management theory once again (it was supposed to be $550 a game last night and the minute the bets came into today they were ALL K plays..surprise!), since you dropped $2,200 on one game.

    It's shrouded in a first half and full game bet so it is true the risk is lessened, but it is still $2,200 on the same game (going against all the bankroll rules you laid out with you were up).

    And the Knicks bet was an atrocious one with the "ya never know garbage".

    Why the Knicks?

    CG's cap: "Ya never know." In the end, it was as expected. $100 to the heavens like smoke from a campfire.

    And once again you backed into good fortune to even have a shot at a close game as it was announced Haywood, by far the Jazz's best player, would sit tonight.

    Did you mention this? Did you even know this? No. Because the announcement came after you post. And even if it didn't I would bet $10,000 you didn't know it.

    And somehow you are patting yourself on the back for making a run at a +1100 ML which STILL lost with the opposing team's best player being out.

    And this was after Bermax posted such moneylines are one the WORST bets in all of basketball (a 5% chance of hitting).

    So if you really loved the Knicks, you would have taken the points and had a REALLY big nightcap. Instead, the books smoked your $100 like a philly blunt.

     

    Onto tomorrow for more of this beautiful disaster.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Haha a brutal spot for Scal. It's amazing all the hate I get and them I have a good day and it's so quiet. Shows how pathetic ppl truly are. Oh big shocker I haven't gotten a single call from a "no caller id" tonight. If I had lost they would have called me another 15 times harassing me again

    So quiet??

    Brutal spot for me??

    You went 3-1 (with a ML loss) but it's not really a true 3-1. It's more like 2-1 with a $2,200 bet.

    You ever hear of a correlated parlay? Almost certainly not.

    Books will not let you parlay a first half with a game line because if you win the first half it is more likely you will win the game (and the opposite is true for losses).

    So you really went against your bankroll management theory once again (it was supposed to be $550 a game last night and the minute the bets came into today they were ALL K plays..surprise!), since you dropped $2,200 on one game.

    It's shrouded in a first half and full game bet so it is true the risk is lessened, but it is still $2,200 on the same game (going against all the bankroll rules you laid out with you were up).

    And the Knicks bet was an atrocious one with the "ya never know garbage".

    Why the Knicks?

    CG's cap: "Ya never know." In the end, it was as expected. $100 to the heavens like smoke from a campfire.

    And once again you backed into good fortune to even have a shot at a close game as it was announced Haywood, by far the Jazz's best player, would sit tonight.

    Did you mention this? Did you even know this? No. Because the announcement came after you post. And even if it didn't I would bet $10,000 you didn't know it.

    And somehow you are patting yourself on the back for making a run at a +1100 ML which STILL lost with the opposing team's best player being out.

    And this was after Bermax posted such moneylines are one the WORST bets in all of basketball (a 5% chance of hitting).

    So if you really loved the Knicks, you would have taken the points and had a REALLY big nightcap. Instead, the books smoked your $100 like a philly blunt.

     

    Onto tomorrow for more of this beautiful disaster.

     
    baronman
    baronman
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1333
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:20 AM ET #5420

    You must be on Welfare if you think 70% Americans make $6,000 .
    Reply
    You must be on Welfare if you think 70% Americans make $6,000 .
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:24 AM ET #5421

    Knicks was just a shot I wanted to take. I was confident spurs was hit and I looked at it as a four team parlay type play practically except u only had to hit one game. Although the Knicks winning a road game is more equivalent of hitting a 15 team parlay I agree
    Reply
    Knicks was just a shot I wanted to take. I was confident spurs was hit and I looked at it as a four team parlay type play practically except u only had to hit one game. Although the Knicks winning a road game is more equivalent of hitting a 15 team parlay I agree
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:25 AM ET #5422

    I would say no joke 2-3 hours a day family calls me. And if I don't answer they will just keep calling so u can't ignore
    Reply
    I would say no joke 2-3 hours a day family calls me. And if I don't answer they will just keep calling so u can't ignore
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:26 AM ET #5423

    And u wonder why I went insane on my fam when I went from hot as helll to Ice cold with them here........
    Reply
    And u wonder why I went insane on my fam when I went from hot as helll to Ice cold with them here........
     
    baronman
    baronman
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1333
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:28 AM ET #5424

    Quote Originally Posted by broncofn:

    I've never commented on this thread.  With all do respect, you are sounding like a tout to be with the way you speak, you are attn seeking and now have a corporation or organization lol.  If you are living out in Vegas (not questioning it), you now have the pool party and main season coming.  You said you would not drink but now you do.  Trust me, you WILL spend more money out there than you will hopefully make.  I go out twice a month and am very lucky to do so.  I just hope you do not become like a lot of ppl I know out there  who just want to go out to party, hope to just make a few bucks and do not chip in for anything.  I call those kind of ppl leaches.  They come out with me, have a good time but never reach in their pocket to chip in since they can't afford driving out.  I am just too nice a guy to say anything to them since I know they can't afford to go out like I do.  Why don't you just keep your mouth shut and do your own thing instead of broadcasting it all on the Internet?  What is the point you are trying to make?  Congrats, you moved out to Vegas to live your dream.  Now just concentrate on your dream instead of trying to be all over social media since that is your only source of income.  Also, I agree with most ppl that said to listen to vanzack.  He does know what he is doing and does this as a profession like you are trying to do.  I do it as a hobby but have my profession. Just don't be an ignorant know it all. That city will chew you up and spit you out, trust me.  Good luck going fwd brother.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by broncofn:

    I've never commented on this thread.  With all do respect, you are sounding like a tout to be with the way you speak, you are attn seeking and now have a corporation or organization lol.  If you are living out in Vegas (not questioning it), you now have the pool party and main season coming.  You said you would not drink but now you do.  Trust me, you WILL spend more money out there than you will hopefully make.  I go out twice a month and am very lucky to do so.  I just hope you do not become like a lot of ppl I know out there  who just want to go out to party, hope to just make a few bucks and do not chip in for anything.  I call those kind of ppl leaches.  They come out with me, have a good time but never reach in their pocket to chip in since they can't afford driving out.  I am just too nice a guy to say anything to them since I know they can't afford to go out like I do.  Why don't you just keep your mouth shut and do your own thing instead of broadcasting it all on the Internet?  What is the point you are trying to make?  Congrats, you moved out to Vegas to live your dream.  Now just concentrate on your dream instead of trying to be all over social media since that is your only source of income.  Also, I agree with most ppl that said to listen to vanzack.  He does know what he is doing and does this as a profession like you are trying to do.  I do it as a hobby but have my profession. Just don't be an ignorant know it all. That city will chew you up and spit you out, trust me.  Good luck going fwd brother.

     
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2015 - 12:31 AM ET #5425

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Knicks was just a shot I wanted to take. I was confident spurs was hit and I looked at it as a four team parlay type play practically except u only had to hit one game. Although the Knicks winning a road game is more equivalent of hitting a 15 team parlay I agree

     

    I'll just say something about the Spurs game.

    You won. Great.

    A win is a win is a win. Unfortunately, over the long term, if this is an model of how you win you will be a loser.

    -7 is a tough line. I'm sure you felt this when the board went silent when the Raptors came all the way back to within 7.

    I tread very lightly with such lines. I almost never post -7's for a reason. They are hard to deal with.

    In addition, you took the HOT team against the ultra-cold team. Nothing wrong with that but these books will make you pay for such a privilege with a line that is poor (like your last Spurs loss).

    Not sure what you are doing with your time now but there is no way you are capping these NBA games for two hours. No way.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Knicks was just a shot I wanted to take. I was confident spurs was hit and I looked at it as a four team parlay type play practically except u only had to hit one game. Although the Knicks winning a road game is more equivalent of hitting a 15 team parlay I agree

     

    I'll just say something about the Spurs game.

    You won. Great.

    A win is a win is a win. Unfortunately, over the long term, if this is an model of how you win you will be a loser.

    -7 is a tough line. I'm sure you felt this when the board went silent when the Raptors came all the way back to within 7.

    I tread very lightly with such lines. I almost never post -7's for a reason. They are hard to deal with.

    In addition, you took the HOT team against the ultra-cold team. Nothing wrong with that but these books will make you pay for such a privilege with a line that is poor (like your last Spurs loss).

    Not sure what you are doing with your time now but there is no way you are capping these NBA games for two hours. No way.

    All Forums | The Archives
    «First Previous 217218219 ... 567568569 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,430
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 690
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,361
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,779
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,828
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,515
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,887
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,325
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,316
    • KC/OAK live in game comments welcome 394

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.