• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Technology

    Any Mac guys out there?

    dennishopson
    Lippsman
    Killcaustic68
    orchardhills
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 808
    Posts: 12
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2009 - 10:13 PM ET #1

    Ummm, without going into a bunch of detail, I'm writing something that is about 300+ pages long.

    I downloaded the equivalent of "word" into my Macbook.

    I need to start typing it and saving it.

    I know how to write a page of something and print it, but that's about it....

    I need to know how to save everything properly. I don't know how to create a file for this "discertation" of mine. Like I said, it's about 300 pages long, and it's really time it mutated from hand written to text.........

    Bottom line, I don't know how to create the document/folder, send new shit to it and add new material, and basically be able to go in and out of "it" as easily as checking emails.

    It's a fairly important project.  


    Thanks in advance for help.

    Hi Lipps. Haven't talked to you in awhile......

    Thanks guys.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Ummm, without going into a bunch of detail, I'm writing something that is about 300+ pages long.

    I downloaded the equivalent of "word" into my Macbook.

    I need to start typing it and saving it.

    I know how to write a page of something and print it, but that's about it....

    I need to know how to save everything properly. I don't know how to create a file for this "discertation" of mine. Like I said, it's about 300 pages long, and it's really time it mutated from hand written to text.........

    Bottom line, I don't know how to create the document/folder, send new shit to it and add new material, and basically be able to go in and out of "it" as easily as checking emails.

    It's a fairly important project.  


    Thanks in advance for help.

    Hi Lipps. Haven't talked to you in awhile......

    Thanks guys.
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2009 - 11:20 PM ET #2

    crickets chirping in here...............lol

    I swear when I get some extra cash, that I'm going to get another Windows pc, and have two, so I don't completely lose it......

    I am too stubborn not to keep studying tghis and getting the whole Mac stuff down. I hear from a lot of people that once you start getting profiucient with it, that you love them........
    Reply
    crickets chirping in here...............lol

    I swear when I get some extra cash, that I'm going to get another Windows pc, and have two, so I don't completely lose it......

    I am too stubborn not to keep studying tghis and getting the whole Mac stuff down. I hear from a lot of people that once you start getting profiucient with it, that you love them........
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2009 - 10:34 AM ET #3

    This section sure has tanked.
    Reply
    This section sure has tanked.
     
    Lippsman
    Lippsman
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2001
    Posts: 87445
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2009 - 10:18 PM ET #4

    No, it's just the mac stuff that's tanked.  The Mac users are such a small segment.

    The people that tell you how great the macs are are the people that usually use for one or two task usually.  I just like the idea of being able to swap software with east.

    Can't help you with Mac stuff.

     

    Reply

    No, it's just the mac stuff that's tanked.  The Mac users are such a small segment.

    The people that tell you how great the macs are are the people that usually use for one or two task usually.  I just like the idea of being able to swap software with east.

    Can't help you with Mac stuff.

     

     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Nov. 8, 2009 - 12:46 AM ET #5

    Lipps, I feel dumb for getting it. When I get a little extra cash, I'm going to just go get another windows laptop.

    Then I'll just use this Macbook for music. You'd reach through this cable and slap my dumbass for the amount I just put into this thing. Feeling intelligent is a feeling I haven't experienced in awhile.

    I hope you won't mind me asking your opinion when I'm ready on your favorite brand..........

    I'll bet that your happy Hockey is back, eh?  
    Reply
    Lipps, I feel dumb for getting it. When I get a little extra cash, I'm going to just go get another windows laptop.

    Then I'll just use this Macbook for music. You'd reach through this cable and slap my dumbass for the amount I just put into this thing. Feeling intelligent is a feeling I haven't experienced in awhile.

    I hope you won't mind me asking your opinion when I'm ready on your favorite brand..........

    I'll bet that your happy Hockey is back, eh?  
     
    Lippsman
    Lippsman
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2001
    Posts: 87445
    Posted: Nov. 9, 2009 - 12:52 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:

    Lipps, I feel dumb for getting it. When I get a little extra cash, I'm going to just go get another windows laptop.

    Then I'll just use this Macbook for music. You'd reach through this cable and slap my dumbass for the amount I just put into this thing. Feeling intelligent is a feeling I haven't experienced in awhile.

    I hope you won't mind me asking your opinion when I'm ready on your favorite brand..........

    I'll bet that your happy Hockey is back, eh?  

    Yes I am.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:

    Lipps, I feel dumb for getting it. When I get a little extra cash, I'm going to just go get another windows laptop.

    Then I'll just use this Macbook for music. You'd reach through this cable and slap my dumbass for the amount I just put into this thing. Feeling intelligent is a feeling I haven't experienced in awhile.

    I hope you won't mind me asking your opinion when I'm ready on your favorite brand..........

    I'll bet that your happy Hockey is back, eh?  

    Yes I am.

     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2009 - 7:19 PM ET #7



    What's your closest pro team? It's a lot more fun to see it (and play it of course) live than watch it on the tube. Seems like TV coverage could be done better with camera work. My .02.




    Reply


    What's your closest pro team? It's a lot more fun to see it (and play it of course) live than watch it on the tube. Seems like TV coverage could be done better with camera work. My .02.




     
    Lippsman
    Lippsman
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2001
    Posts: 87445
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2009 - 8:21 PM ET #8

    Well with the advent of HD, that has been the biggest boost to hockey.  You can see the puck much better than you did before.  And the ice just pops out at you.

    We don't have hockey in Zimbabwe

    Reply

    Well with the advent of HD, that has been the biggest boost to hockey.  You can see the puck much better than you did before.  And the ice just pops out at you.

    We don't have hockey in Zimbabwe

     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2009 - 9:56 PM ET #9

    Zimbabwe........

    ya big goof.......
    Reply
    Zimbabwe........

    ya big goof.......
     
    Killcaustic68
    Killcaustic68
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 8
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2009 - 12:03 AM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:

    Ummm, without going into a bunch of detail, I'm writing something that is about 300+ pages long.

    I downloaded the equivalent of "word" into my Macbook.

    I need to start typing it and saving it.

    I know how to write a page of something and print it, but that's about it....

    I need to know how to save everything properly. I don't know how to create a file for this "discertation" of mine. Like I said, it's about 300 pages long, and it's really time it mutated from hand written to text.........

    Bottom line, I don't know how to create the document/folder, send new shit to it and add new material, and basically be able to go in and out of "it" as easily as checking emails.

    It's a fairly important project.  


    Thanks in advance for help.

    Hi Lipps. Haven't talked to you in awhile......

    Thanks guys.

    Why not just get microsoft office for your mac, they make a mac version of it.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:

    Ummm, without going into a bunch of detail, I'm writing something that is about 300+ pages long.

    I downloaded the equivalent of "word" into my Macbook.

    I need to start typing it and saving it.

    I know how to write a page of something and print it, but that's about it....

    I need to know how to save everything properly. I don't know how to create a file for this "discertation" of mine. Like I said, it's about 300 pages long, and it's really time it mutated from hand written to text.........

    Bottom line, I don't know how to create the document/folder, send new shit to it and add new material, and basically be able to go in and out of "it" as easily as checking emails.

    It's a fairly important project.  


    Thanks in advance for help.

    Hi Lipps. Haven't talked to you in awhile......

    Thanks guys.

    Why not just get microsoft office for your mac, they make a mac version of it.
     
    orchardhills
    orchardhills
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 170
    Posted: Nov. 25, 2009 - 12:27 PM ET #11

    QUOTE Originally Posted by dennishopson:

    Ummm, without going into a bunch of detail, I'm writing something that is about 300+ pages long.

    Make sure that you save your document. If you have Microsoft Office then it auto saves. I still would save it to a flash drive and your laptop.

    I downloaded the equivalent of "word" into my Macbook.
    Care to be more specific? Open Office, Apple Works, Pages?
    I still would go with Office for Mac. (Microsoft)

    I need to start typing it and saving it.

    I know how to write a page of something and print it, but that's about it....

    The process is the same as on a PC. 


    I need to know how to save everything properly. I don't know how to create a file for this "discertation" of mine. Like I said, it's about 300 pages long, and it's really time it mutated from hand written to text.........

    After you open, type, and are ready to save your document click save, just like a PC. I do recommend that you save it in two separate locations. You do not want to lose this file. If you have word you amy also password protect the file. Make sure you remember where you are saving the file (more than likely your "documents" folder.



    Reply
    QUOTE Originally Posted by dennishopson:

    Ummm, without going into a bunch of detail, I'm writing something that is about 300+ pages long.

    Make sure that you save your document. If you have Microsoft Office then it auto saves. I still would save it to a flash drive and your laptop.

    I downloaded the equivalent of "word" into my Macbook.
    Care to be more specific? Open Office, Apple Works, Pages?
    I still would go with Office for Mac. (Microsoft)

    I need to start typing it and saving it.

    I know how to write a page of something and print it, but that's about it....

    The process is the same as on a PC. 


    I need to know how to save everything properly. I don't know how to create a file for this "discertation" of mine. Like I said, it's about 300 pages long, and it's really time it mutated from hand written to text.........

    After you open, type, and are ready to save your document click save, just like a PC. I do recommend that you save it in two separate locations. You do not want to lose this file. If you have word you amy also password protect the file. Make sure you remember where you are saving the file (more than likely your "documents" folder.



     
     
    orchardhills
    orchardhills
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 170
    Posted: Nov. 25, 2009 - 12:28 PM ET #12

    Bottom line, I don't know how to create the document/folder, send new shit to it and add new material, and basically be able to go in and out of "it" as easily as checking emails.

    It is the same as a PC. Once you save the file all you need to do is double click the file and navigate to where you want to make your revisions.


    It's a fairly important project.  
     

    Save it in two separate locations. Your laptop and a key drive are fine. Also, if it is very important I would do a "save as" as well. I label my files as such when making duplicate copies.

    project1_11_25_09
    project1_11_26_09

    You of course may label them anyway possible.
    If you need more help I will check this thread for your questions.


    Take care. 

    (Sorry I had to make two posts. I hit the character limit.)
    Reply
    Bottom line, I don't know how to create the document/folder, send new shit to it and add new material, and basically be able to go in and out of "it" as easily as checking emails.

    It is the same as a PC. Once you save the file all you need to do is double click the file and navigate to where you want to make your revisions.


    It's a fairly important project.  
     

    Save it in two separate locations. Your laptop and a key drive are fine. Also, if it is very important I would do a "save as" as well. I label my files as such when making duplicate copies.

    project1_11_25_09
    project1_11_26_09

    You of course may label them anyway possible.
    If you need more help I will check this thread for your questions.


    Take care. 

    (Sorry I had to make two posts. I hit the character limit.)
    All Forums | Technology

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,609
    • Sunday 09/27/2026 500
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,090
    • Sunday 3,117
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 101,898
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,189
    • HELP PLEASE 1,292
    • NFL Sunday 7,234
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 13,518
    • ***Macwesties * Thur. * Sun. Sept. 24, 27, 2026 * Week #3 * NFL Football Plays* 8,733

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.