• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Poker

    HUGE MISTAKE BY FINAL 5 PLAYERS AT WSOP

    NFLNightmares
    ChanceP
    WendysRox
    ParmyCharm
    WinRaces
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 804
    Posts: 17
     
    NFLNightmares
    NFLNightmares
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 2322
    Posted: Nov. 12, 2008 - 11:11 PM ET #1

    I watched tourney in real time on line this weekend. I taped the ESPN final and did not watch it till today.

    Did anyone see what happened in the hand Montgomery went out 5th?

    Long story short...

    pocket sixes vs A Q

    Phillips tells everyone he folded a black six..which he did.

    So when ace flops  he says one out in the deck 6 diamond...

    well it hits and montgomery is out.

    NOW HERE COMES THE SICK PART...

    Phillips to show he was not lying about the black six he mucked gets up and takes the cards from dealer and digs out of the mucked cards his black six to show everyone. YOU CAN NOT DO THAT OBVIOUSLY. He saw what everyone else mucked and that is BS.

    100% for sure he gets a ten minute penalty if anyone calls him on that.

    In ten minutes the four players could have just mucked hand after hand to the big blind and taken at least 3 big 3 small and 12 ante off his stack.
    I don't know what blinds were at that point but I am going to check.

    This was a HUGE error from the other 4 guys to let phillips walk.
    I could not believe it when I saw it on TV, I rewound it 3 times to be sure
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I watched tourney in real time on line this weekend. I taped the ESPN final and did not watch it till today.

    Did anyone see what happened in the hand Montgomery went out 5th?

    Long story short...

    pocket sixes vs A Q

    Phillips tells everyone he folded a black six..which he did.

    So when ace flops  he says one out in the deck 6 diamond...

    well it hits and montgomery is out.

    NOW HERE COMES THE SICK PART...

    Phillips to show he was not lying about the black six he mucked gets up and takes the cards from dealer and digs out of the mucked cards his black six to show everyone. YOU CAN NOT DO THAT OBVIOUSLY. He saw what everyone else mucked and that is BS.

    100% for sure he gets a ten minute penalty if anyone calls him on that.

    In ten minutes the four players could have just mucked hand after hand to the big blind and taken at least 3 big 3 small and 12 ante off his stack.
    I don't know what blinds were at that point but I am going to check.

    This was a HUGE error from the other 4 guys to let phillips walk.
    I could not believe it when I saw it on TV, I rewound it 3 times to be sure
     
    ChanceP
    ChanceP
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 3736
    Posted: Nov. 12, 2008 - 11:22 PM ET #2

    Quote Originally Posted by NFLNightmares:

    I watched tourney in real time on line this weekend. I taped the ESPN final and did not watch it till today.

    Did anyone see what happened in the hand Montgomery went out 5th?

    Long story short...

    pocket sixes vs A Q

    Phillips tells everyone he folded a black six..which he did.

    So when ace flops  he says one out in the deck 6 diamond...

    well it hits and montgomery is out.

    NOW HERE COMES THE SICK PART...

    Phillips to show he was not lying about the black six he mucked gets up and takes the cards from dealer and digs out of the mucked cards his black six to show everyone. YOU CAN NOT DO THAT OBVIOUSLY. He saw what everyone else mucked and that is BS.

    100% for sure he gets a ten minute penalty if anyone calls him on that.

    In ten minutes the four players could have just mucked hand after hand to the big blind and taken at least 3 big 3 small and 12 ante off his stack.
    I don't know what blinds were at that point but I am going to check.

    This was a HUGE error from the other 4 guys to let phillips walk.
    I could not believe it when I saw it on TV, I rewound it 3 times to be sure

     

    I agree kinda and disagree kinda. He DEFINITELY should not have been allowedto do what he did. However, he could see all the mucked cards yes, but he cant decipher whose hand was what. He could see there was , for example, an 8,10,j,k,33,5,6, and a ten but he cant tell what 2 cards belonged to each player. I think everyone mucking to steal his blinds is also "collusion" so if youre upset that Phillips got away with what he did then you should be equally  upset if the remaining 4 players "colluded" to blind off his stack.

     

    With that said, I totally agree, it was a VERY strange incident

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLNightmares:

    I watched tourney in real time on line this weekend. I taped the ESPN final and did not watch it till today.

    Did anyone see what happened in the hand Montgomery went out 5th?

    Long story short...

    pocket sixes vs A Q

    Phillips tells everyone he folded a black six..which he did.

    So when ace flops  he says one out in the deck 6 diamond...

    well it hits and montgomery is out.

    NOW HERE COMES THE SICK PART...

    Phillips to show he was not lying about the black six he mucked gets up and takes the cards from dealer and digs out of the mucked cards his black six to show everyone. YOU CAN NOT DO THAT OBVIOUSLY. He saw what everyone else mucked and that is BS.

    100% for sure he gets a ten minute penalty if anyone calls him on that.

    In ten minutes the four players could have just mucked hand after hand to the big blind and taken at least 3 big 3 small and 12 ante off his stack.
    I don't know what blinds were at that point but I am going to check.

    This was a HUGE error from the other 4 guys to let phillips walk.
    I could not believe it when I saw it on TV, I rewound it 3 times to be sure

     

    I agree kinda and disagree kinda. He DEFINITELY should not have been allowedto do what he did. However, he could see all the mucked cards yes, but he cant decipher whose hand was what. He could see there was , for example, an 8,10,j,k,33,5,6, and a ten but he cant tell what 2 cards belonged to each player. I think everyone mucking to steal his blinds is also "collusion" so if youre upset that Phillips got away with what he did then you should be equally  upset if the remaining 4 players "colluded" to blind off his stack.

     

    With that said, I totally agree, it was a VERY strange incident

     
    NFLNightmares
    NFLNightmares
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 2322
    Posted: Nov. 12, 2008 - 11:28 PM ET #3


    Chance,

    well only 5 people left, 2 are in the pot and 2 of the cards were his so he could have very easily seen who had what. 

    It is collusion, but it also is not.  Just like when guys check down when someone is all in.

    Like I said very few mucked cards, only playing five handed.

    Even if they decided not to collude, just get his ass off the table for ten minutes. Maybe even tilt him a bit.
    Reply

    Chance,

    well only 5 people left, 2 are in the pot and 2 of the cards were his so he could have very easily seen who had what. 

    It is collusion, but it also is not.  Just like when guys check down when someone is all in.

    Like I said very few mucked cards, only playing five handed.

    Even if they decided not to collude, just get his ass off the table for ten minutes. Maybe even tilt him a bit.
     
    WendysRox
    WendysRox
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 3823
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2008 - 1:00 PM ET #4

    I would hope that at that level of card playing, there would be a gentleman's agreement not to call every single foul all the time.  I mean there has got to be some kind of sportsmanship among players.
    Reply
    I would hope that at that level of card playing, there would be a gentleman's agreement not to call every single foul all the time.  I mean there has got to be some kind of sportsmanship among players.
     
    ParmyCharm
    ParmyCharm
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2004
    Posts: 357
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2008 - 1:31 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by NFLNightmares:


    He saw what everyone else mucked and that is BS.


    Oh no!  I folded 6 2 and he saw that I did that!  My strategy is ruined!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLNightmares:


    He saw what everyone else mucked and that is BS.


    Oh no!  I folded 6 2 and he saw that I did that!  My strategy is ruined!
     
    ChanceP
    ChanceP
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 3736
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2008 - 2:23 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by ParmyCharm:



    Oh no!  I folded 6 2 and he saw that I did that!  My strategy is ruined!

     

    pretty much.

     

    You cant get mad at a guy for looking at mucked cards and then collude to blind off his stack

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ParmyCharm:



    Oh no!  I folded 6 2 and he saw that I did that!  My strategy is ruined!

     

    pretty much.

     

    You cant get mad at a guy for looking at mucked cards and then collude to blind off his stack

     
    NFLNightmares
    NFLNightmares
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 2322
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2008 - 5:13 PM ET #7

    You guys are much more gracious then I am I guess.
    If I was ever playing for 10 million and 20-30 million in lifetime endorsements any error my opponent made I would attempt to take advantage of. Especially down to the final  5 as in this case.
    Reply
    You guys are much more gracious then I am I guess.
    If I was ever playing for 10 million and 20-30 million in lifetime endorsements any error my opponent made I would attempt to take advantage of. Especially down to the final  5 as in this case.
     
    WinRaces
    WinRaces
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 1179
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2008 - 8:11 PM ET #8

    They let him dig through the muck?!?!?!?!?


    What the fuck??? 


    They should have shot him
    Reply
    They let him dig through the muck?!?!?!?!?


    What the fuck??? 


    They should have shot him
     
    NFLNightmares
    NFLNightmares
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 2322
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2008 - 8:16 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by WinRaces:

    They let him dig through the muck?!?!?!?!?


    What the fuck??? 


    They should have shot him

    they just ignored it, they were all so worked up over the one out card that fell on the river a moment earlier.

    I just do not see how the other guys FOUR guys let that go at the biggest moment of their lives
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WinRaces:

    They let him dig through the muck?!?!?!?!?


    What the fuck??? 


    They should have shot him

    they just ignored it, they were all so worked up over the one out card that fell on the river a moment earlier.

    I just do not see how the other guys FOUR guys let that go at the biggest moment of their lives
     
    gameto11
    gameto11
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 1119
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2008 - 3:32 PM ET #10

    Yea I remember watching that.. it looked kinda cheesy especially considering the stage they were on and the prestige and ur right it definitely could've been called a penalty. 
     
    That being said.. Montgomery, Phillips, Suharto and Ylon made some pretty stupid all-in moves during this tournament so these aren't the most knowledgable 9 players in the world.
    Reply
    Yea I remember watching that.. it looked kinda cheesy especially considering the stage they were on and the prestige and ur right it definitely could've been called a penalty. 
     
    That being said.. Montgomery, Phillips, Suharto and Ylon made some pretty stupid all-in moves during this tournament so these aren't the most knowledgable 9 players in the world.
     
    NFLNightmares
    NFLNightmares
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 2322
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2008 - 4:05 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by gameto11:

    Yea I remember watching that.. it looked kinda cheesy especially considering the stage they were on and the prestige and ur right it definitely could've been called a penalty. 
     
    That being said.. Montgomery, Phillips, Suharto and Ylon made some pretty stupid all-in moves during this tournament so these aren't the most knowledgable 9 players in the world.


    I agree with you some of the moves at the final few tables boggled the mind. I mean Tiffany michelle pushing with AJ after a bet and smooth call on that board?  I guess when they players are in that type of moment they get lost in it in some respects.

    That being said I am surprised most people in this thread think it would have been wrong to call a foul. Five players to go 10 mil at stake and 20 -30 mil more in lifetime endorsements and you let that go?  Not me NO WAY. Rules are rules.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gameto11:

    Yea I remember watching that.. it looked kinda cheesy especially considering the stage they were on and the prestige and ur right it definitely could've been called a penalty. 
     
    That being said.. Montgomery, Phillips, Suharto and Ylon made some pretty stupid all-in moves during this tournament so these aren't the most knowledgable 9 players in the world.


    I agree with you some of the moves at the final few tables boggled the mind. I mean Tiffany michelle pushing with AJ after a bet and smooth call on that board?  I guess when they players are in that type of moment they get lost in it in some respects.

    That being said I am surprised most people in this thread think it would have been wrong to call a foul. Five players to go 10 mil at stake and 20 -30 mil more in lifetime endorsements and you let that go?  Not me NO WAY. Rules are rules.
     
    gameto11
    gameto11
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 1119
    Posted: Dec. 4, 2008 - 6:50 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by NFLNightmares:



    I agree with you some of the moves at the final few tables boggled the mind. I mean Tiffany michelle pushing with AJ after a bet and smooth call on that board?  I guess when they players are in that type of moment they get lost in it in some respects.

    That being said I am surprised most people in this thread think it would have been wrong to call a foul. Five players to go 10 mil at stake and 20 -30 mil more in lifetime endorsements and you let that go?  Not me NO WAY. Rules are rules.

    I agree with you on some respects that rules are rules however...

    tiffany michelle was WAY out of line for calling a time clock on a guy at her table late in the tournament when he had a huge decision to make.. even tho technically it was in the rules.

    the only players who should be calling for penalties and stuff are players who actually know what they are doing + half of that final table do not play poker very well at all.

    Players who go all-in for 8 million in chips just because they feel like they "have to make a move" or something stupid like that should not be trying to act like they know what they are doing by calling people for insignifigant violations.

    just my 2 cents..

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLNightmares:



    I agree with you some of the moves at the final few tables boggled the mind. I mean Tiffany michelle pushing with AJ after a bet and smooth call on that board?  I guess when they players are in that type of moment they get lost in it in some respects.

    That being said I am surprised most people in this thread think it would have been wrong to call a foul. Five players to go 10 mil at stake and 20 -30 mil more in lifetime endorsements and you let that go?  Not me NO WAY. Rules are rules.

    I agree with you on some respects that rules are rules however...

    tiffany michelle was WAY out of line for calling a time clock on a guy at her table late in the tournament when he had a huge decision to make.. even tho technically it was in the rules.

    the only players who should be calling for penalties and stuff are players who actually know what they are doing + half of that final table do not play poker very well at all.

    Players who go all-in for 8 million in chips just because they feel like they "have to make a move" or something stupid like that should not be trying to act like they know what they are doing by calling people for insignifigant violations.

    just my 2 cents..

     
    NFLNightmares
    NFLNightmares
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 2322
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2008 - 1:09 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by gameto11:

    I agree with you on some respects that rules are rules however...

    tiffany michelle was WAY out of line for calling a time clock on a guy at her table late in the tournament when he had a huge decision to make.. even tho technically it was in the rules.

    the only players who should be calling for penalties and stuff are players who actually know what they are doing + half of that final table do not play poker very well at all.

    Players who go all-in for 8 million in chips just because they feel like they "have to make a move" or something stupid like that should not be trying to act like they know what they are doing by calling people for insignifigant violations.

    just my 2 cents..


    The violation may have been insignificant yes, but the penalty to your opponent would have been very significant. I agree 100% about the calling of the clock by Tiffany, however I still say in that spot if a guy goes through the mucked cards you call a penalty.

    Also that you say 1/2 the final table did not know poker well at all I do not think is true. 1/2 were pros so we give them the benefit of the doubt. The other half had 4 months to live, sleep, read, play, and breathe poker to prepare for this once in a lifetime shot. So i think although they may have been true rookies in july, they had some knowledge and seasoning by november.


    When you talk of the clock I agree totally, that is why Chris ferguson drives me crazy. If every player took 3-10 seconds to make a decision every time, like he does, poker would be unbearable
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gameto11:

    I agree with you on some respects that rules are rules however...

    tiffany michelle was WAY out of line for calling a time clock on a guy at her table late in the tournament when he had a huge decision to make.. even tho technically it was in the rules.

    the only players who should be calling for penalties and stuff are players who actually know what they are doing + half of that final table do not play poker very well at all.

    Players who go all-in for 8 million in chips just because they feel like they "have to make a move" or something stupid like that should not be trying to act like they know what they are doing by calling people for insignifigant violations.

    just my 2 cents..


    The violation may have been insignificant yes, but the penalty to your opponent would have been very significant. I agree 100% about the calling of the clock by Tiffany, however I still say in that spot if a guy goes through the mucked cards you call a penalty.

    Also that you say 1/2 the final table did not know poker well at all I do not think is true. 1/2 were pros so we give them the benefit of the doubt. The other half had 4 months to live, sleep, read, play, and breathe poker to prepare for this once in a lifetime shot. So i think although they may have been true rookies in july, they had some knowledge and seasoning by november.


    When you talk of the clock I agree totally, that is why Chris ferguson drives me crazy. If every player took 3-10 seconds to make a decision every time, like he does, poker would be unbearable
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2008 - 12:58 AM ET #14

    What's funny is at the final table, the pressure really gets to these people, and 1 bad play usually results in elimination.  They should've shown the final table at Thanksgiving, for example while everyone in America is glued to the TV.  The hiatus seemed to accomplish nothing. 
    Reply
    What's funny is at the final table, the pressure really gets to these people, and 1 bad play usually results in elimination.  They should've shown the final table at Thanksgiving, for example while everyone in America is glued to the TV.  The hiatus seemed to accomplish nothing. 
     
    gameto11
    gameto11
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 1119
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2008 - 10:43 AM ET #15

    poker fans will watch regardless.. poker isn't really a "gather the family around and watch" type of event... lol.
    Reply
    poker fans will watch regardless.. poker isn't really a "gather the family around and watch" type of event... lol.
     
    NFLNightmares
    NFLNightmares
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 2322
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2008 - 12:31 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    What's funny is at the final table, the pressure really gets to these people, and 1 bad play usually results in elimination.  They should've shown the final table at Thanksgiving, for example while everyone in America is glued to the TV.  The hiatus seemed to accomplish nothing. 


    I agree the hiatus did not help.
    It also hurt that no high profile players made it. 

    Thanksgiving you would have had to schedule vs NFL, they could not have done that.. Games SUCKED this thanksgiving but they had no way of knowing that would be the case
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    What's funny is at the final table, the pressure really gets to these people, and 1 bad play usually results in elimination.  They should've shown the final table at Thanksgiving, for example while everyone in America is glued to the TV.  The hiatus seemed to accomplish nothing. 


    I agree the hiatus did not help.
    It also hurt that no high profile players made it. 

    Thanksgiving you would have had to schedule vs NFL, they could not have done that.. Games SUCKED this thanksgiving but they had no way of knowing that would be the case
     
     
    don juan
    don juan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2001
    Posts: 5561
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2008 - 7:46 AM ET #17

    Did anyone notice that the winner hit 5 of the last 6 hands he played, on the river ?
    Reply
    Did anyone notice that the winner hit 5 of the last 6 hands he played, on the river ?
    All Forums | Poker

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,298
    • PART DEUX 223
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,067
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,114
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,670
    • Friday 10/02/2026 804
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,341
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,151
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • Week 5 Money 5,574

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.