• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Other

    AFL Round 3

    123 Next Last»
    gmanea
    TWILL
    tozer
    HeadOverHeart
    Miracle1976
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 826
    Posts: 58
    123 Next Last»
     
    gmanea
    gmanea
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 7827
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 5:33 PM ET #1

    Going to start an early thread, back in melbourne now.  Curious what the Geelong/Melbourne line will be.  Some of you can help me on this but I think the largest line in AFL in recent times has been in the high -40's-50?  I think that would have been the Eagles against Hawks a few years ago perhaps.  Anyway I'm looking at this game and can't see how it will not be a massive blowout.  Dees lost by 100 points in each of opening two games, whereas Geelong just blew the bombers out by 99 points when everyone was saying how improved the bombers were.
    I'm thinking if the line is anything under 10 goals it will be worth taking this week... thoughts?
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Going to start an early thread, back in melbourne now.  Curious what the Geelong/Melbourne line will be.  Some of you can help me on this but I think the largest line in AFL in recent times has been in the high -40's-50?  I think that would have been the Eagles against Hawks a few years ago perhaps.  Anyway I'm looking at this game and can't see how it will not be a massive blowout.  Dees lost by 100 points in each of opening two games, whereas Geelong just blew the bombers out by 99 points when everyone was saying how improved the bombers were.
    I'm thinking if the line is anything under 10 goals it will be worth taking this week... thoughts?
     
    TWILL
    TWILL
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 850
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 8:55 PM ET #2

    For the western bulldogs (potential bottom 4 candidate) to beat melbourne by 100 points and for you to say what you just said ......i reckon you go and find the round 3 clash last year between Geelong and Richmond, and think that melbourne will be 2 times shitter than Richmond were ....thats what your gonna get ....... if the line was -100 i would be taking it .....and im not shitting ya .....  Melbourne's team on paper is the worst team ive seen since fitzroy were playing ..... the only thing is will geelong take their foot off ....or will they rest players this week ?
    Reply
    For the western bulldogs (potential bottom 4 candidate) to beat melbourne by 100 points and for you to say what you just said ......i reckon you go and find the round 3 clash last year between Geelong and Richmond, and think that melbourne will be 2 times shitter than Richmond were ....thats what your gonna get ....... if the line was -100 i would be taking it .....and im not shitting ya .....  Melbourne's team on paper is the worst team ive seen since fitzroy were playing ..... the only thing is will geelong take their foot off ....or will they rest players this week ?
     
    gmanea
    gmanea
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 7827
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 9:08 PM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by TWILL:

    For the western bulldogs (potential bottom 4 candidate) to beat melbourne by 100 points and for you to say what you just said ......i reckon you go and find the round 3 clash last year between Geelong and Richmond, and think that melbourne will be 2 times shitter than Richmond were ....thats what your gonna get ....... if the line was -100 i would be taking it .....and im not shitting ya .....  Melbourne's team on paper is the worst team ive seen since fitzroy were playing ..... the only thing is will geelong take their foot off ....or will they rest players this week ?


    I agree, Melbourne very similar to fitzroy at the moment.  Geelong playing at home against this mob really should easily win by 100 again. 

    If you have watched Geelong in the last year or two, they don't take their foot off the pedal, especially when the Hawks are edging them out of top spot by percentage.  They will not be resting players, only reason they would do that is if a player isn't 100% fit to save risking injury, as in the case with Brad Ottens.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TWILL:

    For the western bulldogs (potential bottom 4 candidate) to beat melbourne by 100 points and for you to say what you just said ......i reckon you go and find the round 3 clash last year between Geelong and Richmond, and think that melbourne will be 2 times shitter than Richmond were ....thats what your gonna get ....... if the line was -100 i would be taking it .....and im not shitting ya .....  Melbourne's team on paper is the worst team ive seen since fitzroy were playing ..... the only thing is will geelong take their foot off ....or will they rest players this week ?


    I agree, Melbourne very similar to fitzroy at the moment.  Geelong playing at home against this mob really should easily win by 100 again. 

    If you have watched Geelong in the last year or two, they don't take their foot off the pedal, especially when the Hawks are edging them out of top spot by percentage.  They will not be resting players, only reason they would do that is if a player isn't 100% fit to save risking injury, as in the case with Brad Ottens.
     
    tozer
    tozer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 1378
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 9:46 PM ET #4

    Hay c'mon guys stop the Fitzroy bashing, i followed them since I was born but, I suppose I have to agree how bad they were in the end.
     
    They were talking on the radio yesterday about how big the Geelong line would be, one guy said 90 points!
    Reply
    Hay c'mon guys stop the Fitzroy bashing, i followed them since I was born but, I suppose I have to agree how bad they were in the end.
     
    They were talking on the radio yesterday about how big the Geelong line would be, one guy said 90 points!
     
    gmanea
    gmanea
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 7827
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 9:47 PM ET #5

    ok, sportstab has just released ml odds for the coming round.
    Geelong listed $1.03 and Melbourne $10.00... perhaps the shortest odds ever on an AFL match?  I'm guessing the line comes in at around -55 to -60.  Still value in my book :)  I think I remember seeing $1.04 odds once on a game.
    Reply
    ok, sportstab has just released ml odds for the coming round.
    Geelong listed $1.03 and Melbourne $10.00... perhaps the shortest odds ever on an AFL match?  I'm guessing the line comes in at around -55 to -60.  Still value in my book :)  I think I remember seeing $1.04 odds once on a game.
     
    gmanea
    gmanea
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 7827
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 9:48 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by tozer:

    Hay c'mon guys stop the Fitzroy bashing, i followed them since I was born but, I suppose I have to agree how bad they were in the end.
     
    They were talking on the radio yesterday about how big the Geelong line would be, one guy said 90 points!


    what station ?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tozer:

    Hay c'mon guys stop the Fitzroy bashing, i followed them since I was born but, I suppose I have to agree how bad they were in the end.
     
    They were talking on the radio yesterday about how big the Geelong line would be, one guy said 90 points!


    what station ?
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 9:55 PM ET #7

    Geelong did take their foot off a little in the Round One match.  However, if this line is 60 or under, I am all over it.  I cannot see how Geelong doesn't win by 100 or so.
    Reply
    Geelong did take their foot off a little in the Round One match.  However, if this line is 60 or under, I am all over it.  I cannot see how Geelong doesn't win by 100 or so.
     
    tozer
    tozer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 1378
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 10:15 PM ET #8

    I think it was on SEN 1174
    Reply
    I think it was on SEN 1174
     
    gmanea
    gmanea
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 7827
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 10:16 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by HeadOverHeart:

    Geelong did take their foot off a little in the Round One match.  However, if this line is 60 or under, I am all over it.  I cannot see how Geelong doesn't win by 100 or so.


    I agree actually, I was yelling and cursing them.  They had a comfortable lead and decided to chip it around a bit and ensure the lead, but their best football is when they run and attack.  I'm sure they got a blasting after the game, I was involved down at Geelong for a year and met the coaches and players, they are very dedicated to playing good football and wouldn't have liked that.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadOverHeart:

    Geelong did take their foot off a little in the Round One match.  However, if this line is 60 or under, I am all over it.  I cannot see how Geelong doesn't win by 100 or so.


    I agree actually, I was yelling and cursing them.  They had a comfortable lead and decided to chip it around a bit and ensure the lead, but their best football is when they run and attack.  I'm sure they got a blasting after the game, I was involved down at Geelong for a year and met the coaches and players, they are very dedicated to playing good football and wouldn't have liked that.
     
    gmanea
    gmanea
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 7827
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 10:20 PM ET #10

    Well I wasn't cursing them lol, but it was frustrating at that point...
    Reply
    Well I wasn't cursing them lol, but it was frustrating at that point...
     
    tozer
    tozer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 1378
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 10:47 PM ET #11

    I'll probably be staying away from the Geelong game, sure they might or probably will cover (whatever spread) but its kind of comparable to the Boston/Miami game today (NBA). There's better value games to play.

    I'm more likely to put something on Melbourne covering first quarter.

    Reply

    I'll probably be staying away from the Geelong game, sure they might or probably will cover (whatever spread) but its kind of comparable to the Boston/Miami game today (NBA). There's better value games to play.

    I'm more likely to put something on Melbourne covering first quarter.

     
    gmanea
    gmanea
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 7827
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 10:50 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by tozer:

    I'll probably be staying away from the Geelong game, sure they might or probably will cover (whatever spread) but its kind of comparable to the Boston/Miami game today (NBA). There's better value games to play.

    I'm more likely to put something on Melbourne covering first quarter.



    Careful, Geelong was the best first qtr team last year and will come out hard against any side.  I don't think it's quite comparable to the Boston/Miami game because Boston have playoffs locked in and when it comes to the crunch they just want the win, the margin doesn't matter so they will rest players (as they did) when game is in the bag.  Geelong on the other hand are playing for percentage against inferior competition and the margin does matter, especially when you have the hawks up there slightly higher at this stage due to their percentage.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tozer:

    I'll probably be staying away from the Geelong game, sure they might or probably will cover (whatever spread) but its kind of comparable to the Boston/Miami game today (NBA). There's better value games to play.

    I'm more likely to put something on Melbourne covering first quarter.



    Careful, Geelong was the best first qtr team last year and will come out hard against any side.  I don't think it's quite comparable to the Boston/Miami game because Boston have playoffs locked in and when it comes to the crunch they just want the win, the margin doesn't matter so they will rest players (as they did) when game is in the bag.  Geelong on the other hand are playing for percentage against inferior competition and the margin does matter, especially when you have the hawks up there slightly higher at this stage due to their percentage.
     
    tozer
    tozer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 1378
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 10:53 PM ET #13

    All true and good points, I realised after I typed it how they came out against Essendon.
    Reply
    All true and good points, I realised after I typed it how they came out against Essendon.
     
    gmanea
    gmanea
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 7827
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 10:58 PM ET #14

    Interesting will be the bulldogs/saints line, looking at the odds I'm thinking it will be around the -10.5 range...
    Reply
    Interesting will be the bulldogs/saints line, looking at the odds I'm thinking it will be around the -10.5 range...
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 11:10 PM ET #15

    So, anybody reckon what the Cats/Dees line will be?  Best guesses?  How's -53.5 sound?

    Thing is, I don't know what kind of head-start you will have to give Melbourne to make punters thinking about not taking Geelong.  Has there ever been an OFF game in AFL?  Sometimes in U.S. sports when the game is so screwy, the books just take it off the board.
    Reply
    So, anybody reckon what the Cats/Dees line will be?  Best guesses?  How's -53.5 sound?

    Thing is, I don't know what kind of head-start you will have to give Melbourne to make punters thinking about not taking Geelong.  Has there ever been an OFF game in AFL?  Sometimes in U.S. sports when the game is so screwy, the books just take it off the board.
     
    Miracle1976
    Miracle1976
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 2501
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 11:11 PM ET #16

    My only real concern with Geelong is that they may look get slightly ahead of themselves and be looking at the second fav to win the GF in the Saints next week?
    Reply
    My only real concern with Geelong is that they may look get slightly ahead of themselves and be looking at the second fav to win the GF in the Saints next week?
     
    tozer
    tozer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 1378
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 11:13 PM ET #17

    If its under 60 I'll take it too but I think it'll be much higher
    Reply
    If its under 60 I'll take it too but I think it'll be much higher
     
    gmanea
    gmanea
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 7827
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 11:18 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by HeadOverHeart:

    So, anybody reckon what the Cats/Dees line will be?  Best guesses?  How's -53.5 sound?

    Thing is, I don't know what kind of head-start you will have to give Melbourne to make punters thinking about not taking Geelong.  Has there ever been an OFF game in AFL?  Sometimes in U.S. sports when the game is so screwy, the books just take it off the board.


    Good points, it will be hard to temp melbourne backers.  Anything under 60 will be a gift to Cats backers I think.  I don't think I've ever heard of  them taking a line off the board, just increase the line more and more...

    I'm guessing under -60 but close
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadOverHeart:

    So, anybody reckon what the Cats/Dees line will be?  Best guesses?  How's -53.5 sound?

    Thing is, I don't know what kind of head-start you will have to give Melbourne to make punters thinking about not taking Geelong.  Has there ever been an OFF game in AFL?  Sometimes in U.S. sports when the game is so screwy, the books just take it off the board.


    Good points, it will be hard to temp melbourne backers.  Anything under 60 will be a gift to Cats backers I think.  I don't think I've ever heard of  them taking a line off the board, just increase the line more and more...

    I'm guessing under -60 but close
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 11:27 PM ET #19

    Whatever the line, the Dees must feel like shyte knowing they are such a huge underdog.  Geez.

    Are the lines released on Wednesday?
    Reply
    Whatever the line, the Dees must feel like shyte knowing they are such a huge underdog.  Geez.

    Are the lines released on Wednesday?
     
    gmanea
    gmanea
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 7827
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 11:30 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by HeadOverHeart:

    Whatever the line, the Dees must feel like shyte knowing they are such a huge underdog.  Geez.

    Are the lines released on Wednesday?


    Yes usually start coming out Wednesday morning or so, depending on the books. 

    Was interesting seeing Melbourne have their WHOLE TEAM in the defensive half on the weekend at late stages of the game to try keep margin under 100 points, wonder if they'll try that one again.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadOverHeart:

    Whatever the line, the Dees must feel like shyte knowing they are such a huge underdog.  Geez.

    Are the lines released on Wednesday?


    Yes usually start coming out Wednesday morning or so, depending on the books. 

    Was interesting seeing Melbourne have their WHOLE TEAM in the defensive half on the weekend at late stages of the game to try keep margin under 100 points, wonder if they'll try that one again.
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2008 - 11:54 PM ET #21

    So are you saying they weren't really trying to score again, but at least not let the other side score too?

    That means if they can get up on the Dees big, they won't let go of that lead....hmmmm.........
    Reply
    So are you saying they weren't really trying to score again, but at least not let the other side score too?

    That means if they can get up on the Dees big, they won't let go of that lead....hmmmm.........
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Mar. 31, 2008 - 12:04 AM ET #22

    Geelong coach Mark Thompson says there will be no hint of complacency from the Cats this week ahead of what is shaping as one of the biggest mismatches in AFL history.

    The reigning premiers, who have won 21 of their past 22 matches including a 99-point thumping of Essendon on Sunday, will unfurl their 2007 premiership flag at Geelong on Sunday against a Melbourne side that has lost its first two matches by a total of 199 points.

    The Cats will enter the game as the shortest priced favourites in AFL history at $1.03 compared to the Demons at $10 in what will be the reigning premier's first home game of the season.

    But Thompson is not taking anything for granted saying the Demons will be afforded the same amount of respect as any other opposition team.

    "We will go to work and review the (Essendon) game then have the same amount of meetings and review this week's opposition in the same depth as we always do," Thompson said when asked what his approach will be ahead of this week's clash.

    "And then we will try to play the best footy we are capable of playing."

    Reply

    Geelong coach Mark Thompson says there will be no hint of complacency from the Cats this week ahead of what is shaping as one of the biggest mismatches in AFL history.

    The reigning premiers, who have won 21 of their past 22 matches including a 99-point thumping of Essendon on Sunday, will unfurl their 2007 premiership flag at Geelong on Sunday against a Melbourne side that has lost its first two matches by a total of 199 points.

    The Cats will enter the game as the shortest priced favourites in AFL history at $1.03 compared to the Demons at $10 in what will be the reigning premier's first home game of the season.

    But Thompson is not taking anything for granted saying the Demons will be afforded the same amount of respect as any other opposition team.

    "We will go to work and review the (Essendon) game then have the same amount of meetings and review this week's opposition in the same depth as we always do," Thompson said when asked what his approach will be ahead of this week's clash.

    "And then we will try to play the best footy we are capable of playing."

     
    gmanea
    gmanea
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 7827
    Posted: Mar. 31, 2008 - 1:11 AM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by HeadOverHeart:

    So are you saying they weren't really trying to score again, but at least not let the other side score too?

    That means if they can get up on the Dees big, they won't let go of that lead....hmmmm.........


    Well yeah I'm sure they were trying to score again but main attention looked to their defense, everything in their power to stop bulldogs scoring but it didnt work as the doggies kicked another 4 goals after that.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadOverHeart:

    So are you saying they weren't really trying to score again, but at least not let the other side score too?

    That means if they can get up on the Dees big, they won't let go of that lead....hmmmm.........


    Well yeah I'm sure they were trying to score again but main attention looked to their defense, everything in their power to stop bulldogs scoring but it didnt work as the doggies kicked another 4 goals after that.
     
    gmanea
    gmanea
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 7827
    Posted: Mar. 31, 2008 - 1:12 AM ET #24

    Read that article too, "shortest priced favourites in history" WOW
    "And then we will try to play the best footy we are capable of playing."

    It's a big thing down at Geelong to win the premiership after so many years, back at home I'm sure they will want to put on a display...
    Reply
    Read that article too, "shortest priced favourites in history" WOW
    "And then we will try to play the best footy we are capable of playing."

    It's a big thing down at Geelong to win the premiership after so many years, back at home I'm sure they will want to put on a display...
     
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Mar. 31, 2008 - 7:54 AM ET #25

    That's the other thing....this game will be played at Geelong.....a place where home-pitch advantage is huge.

    Please someone tell me how the Dees do not suffer the shallacking of the century next round?

    Is anyone else on here gearing up to pound Geelong minus whatever this weekend?  I don't think I have been geeked up this much for a wagering spot in a long time...

    -90.5 or so, however, would temper me a bit...hahaha...
    Reply
    That's the other thing....this game will be played at Geelong.....a place where home-pitch advantage is huge.

    Please someone tell me how the Dees do not suffer the shallacking of the century next round?

    Is anyone else on here gearing up to pound Geelong minus whatever this weekend?  I don't think I have been geeked up this much for a wagering spot in a long time...

    -90.5 or so, however, would temper me a bit...hahaha...
    All Forums | Other
    123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,277
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,457
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,647
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,257
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 122
    • Trump's legacy? 32,960
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,127
    • Trump lies so much. 22,910

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.