• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NHL Betting Forum

    General Sharps 2014-2015 NHL Picks

    «First Previous 234 ... 474849 Next Last»
    ozfromla
    Russ-SVTF150
    GeneralSharp
    petertjm
    PureDangles
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 133647
    Posts: 1204
    «First Previous 234 ... 474849 Next Last»
     
    ozfromla
    ozfromla
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 12:26 AM ET #26

    Quote Originally Posted by Russ-SVTF150:

    Gen bear with me please I am new to betting NHL. I cant find the TIE option on my book but I do see TOR - 1.5 at +260 should I be betting that for a TIE? I can find the 2 ML bets no problem. I looked on pinnacle and saw on at +285 for will TOR/MON go to OT... Am I betting this right???

    Russ. I use Betonline and on the NHL button there is a drop down menu that includes "NHL 3 Way". That has both ML & Draw.. Again thats on my book... Hope that helps....

    General... You brought me over from baseball.. Followed you from  1st post on.. Enjoyed your knowledge and guidance. I'm sure you will get warmed up and start making that $$$$...

    Dont stress over the kids.. I got a teenage boy and all we can do as fathers is set the example!!!!!

    Best of LUCK to ALL...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ-SVTF150:

    Gen bear with me please I am new to betting NHL. I cant find the TIE option on my book but I do see TOR - 1.5 at +260 should I be betting that for a TIE? I can find the 2 ML bets no problem. I looked on pinnacle and saw on at +285 for will TOR/MON go to OT... Am I betting this right???

    Russ. I use Betonline and on the NHL button there is a drop down menu that includes "NHL 3 Way". That has both ML & Draw.. Again thats on my book... Hope that helps....

    General... You brought me over from baseball.. Followed you from  1st post on.. Enjoyed your knowledge and guidance. I'm sure you will get warmed up and start making that $$$$...

    Dont stress over the kids.. I got a teenage boy and all we can do as fathers is set the example!!!!!

    Best of LUCK to ALL...
     
    Russ-SVTF150
    Russ-SVTF150
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 101
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 9:17 AM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by ozfromla:


    Russ. I use Betonline and on the NHL button there is a drop down menu that includes "NHL 3 Way". That has both ML & Draw.. Again thats on my book... Hope that helps....

    General... You brought me over from baseball.. Followed you from  1st post on.. Enjoyed your knowledge and guidance. I'm sure you will get warmed up and start making that $$$$...

    Dont stress over the kids.. I got a teenage boy and all we can do as fathers is set the example!!!!!

    Best of LUCK to ALL...

     

    Thanks OZ, I looked again today and did see a  NHL 3way ( no overtime) option and it wasn't there yesterday maybe because it was the first day of the season?? But for example there is the NJ devils 3 way +155  Phi Flyers 3way +120 and Draw +300  I know what the draw is obv, but what do the other 2 mean with that 3way? Thanks for the help in advance everyone!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ozfromla:


    Russ. I use Betonline and on the NHL button there is a drop down menu that includes "NHL 3 Way". That has both ML & Draw.. Again thats on my book... Hope that helps....

    General... You brought me over from baseball.. Followed you from  1st post on.. Enjoyed your knowledge and guidance. I'm sure you will get warmed up and start making that $$$$...

    Dont stress over the kids.. I got a teenage boy and all we can do as fathers is set the example!!!!!

    Best of LUCK to ALL...

     

    Thanks OZ, I looked again today and did see a  NHL 3way ( no overtime) option and it wasn't there yesterday maybe because it was the first day of the season?? But for example there is the NJ devils 3 way +155  Phi Flyers 3way +120 and Draw +300  I know what the draw is obv, but what do the other 2 mean with that 3way? Thanks for the help in advance everyone!

     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 9:59 AM ET #28

    Hey guys. Sorry Russ, I just got to the computer now. Yes, to pick tie, just select 3 way and draw, or in Pinnacle, go to the props menu and bet "will this game go into OT". 

    Was a tough night to swallow. Had the tie until 43 sec left, and a bad bounce. Was a very close game. Oh well. Philly hung in there too till late. Last minute Boston goal as well. Tough breaks but that's ok. We are on the right track. VAN came through which is good.



    VAN ML 1.88 (-114) - WIN $188
    TOR@MTL - TIE 3.85 (+285) - LOSE $100
    PHI ML 2.61 (+161) - LOSE $100


    Record 1W - 2L
    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $9,888
    Total Profit in $: -$112
    Total Profit in Units: -1.12
    Reply
    Hey guys. Sorry Russ, I just got to the computer now. Yes, to pick tie, just select 3 way and draw, or in Pinnacle, go to the props menu and bet "will this game go into OT". 

    Was a tough night to swallow. Had the tie until 43 sec left, and a bad bounce. Was a very close game. Oh well. Philly hung in there too till late. Last minute Boston goal as well. Tough breaks but that's ok. We are on the right track. VAN came through which is good.



    VAN ML 1.88 (-114) - WIN $188
    TOR@MTL - TIE 3.85 (+285) - LOSE $100
    PHI ML 2.61 (+161) - LOSE $100


    Record 1W - 2L
    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $9,888
    Total Profit in $: -$112
    Total Profit in Units: -1.12
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 10:07 AM ET #29

    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. 

    Welcome OZ and thanks. My son took the car without permission. He is 18. Did not come home till 1am. Did not answer calls. I was about to give him the big speech but the wife went bat #$%^ crazy on him, so i left it for her and went upstairs to bed.

    It WILL be a great season! We just have to stay disciplined and grind it out! Just like a hockey game!


    Today's Plays: Thurs Oct 9th, 2014: All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post.

    CLB Puck line (-1.5) 3.48 (+248)
    FLA@TAM OVER 5.5 1.95 (-105)
    CHI@DAL OVER 5.5 1.88 (-112)
    COL@MIN TIE 3.85 (+285)
    EDM ML 1.67 (-149)

    5 plays, 1 unit each ($100 flat bet)

    Good luck guys!



    Reply
    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. 

    Welcome OZ and thanks. My son took the car without permission. He is 18. Did not come home till 1am. Did not answer calls. I was about to give him the big speech but the wife went bat #$%^ crazy on him, so i left it for her and went upstairs to bed.

    It WILL be a great season! We just have to stay disciplined and grind it out! Just like a hockey game!


    Today's Plays: Thurs Oct 9th, 2014: All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post.

    CLB Puck line (-1.5) 3.48 (+248)
    FLA@TAM OVER 5.5 1.95 (-105)
    CHI@DAL OVER 5.5 1.88 (-112)
    COL@MIN TIE 3.85 (+285)
    EDM ML 1.67 (-149)

    5 plays, 1 unit each ($100 flat bet)

    Good luck guys!



     
    Russ-SVTF150
    Russ-SVTF150
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 101
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 10:20 AM ET #30

    Thanks Gen.... lets have a huge night tonight. Like the unders in the nfl and ncaaf games tonight and Indy minus 3 and UCF minus 3 as well
    Reply
    Thanks Gen.... lets have a huge night tonight. Like the unders in the nfl and ncaaf games tonight and Indy minus 3 and UCF minus 3 as well
     
    ozfromla
    ozfromla
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 10:23 AM ET #31

    Totally understand General... These kids now a days in some ways are out of control... It will take you and your wife working together... To try and steer him right... Unfortunately NO guarantees.. I have already told my 16 yr AND wife... At 18 his living situation will be discussed...Stay strong and remember we want whats best for kid.. but unfortunately they are not on remote control...

    Sorry all for the fathering advice/support...

    Now to making $$$... Russ, the 3 WAY is based on Regulation.. U are betting either TEAM A to win in 60min, or TEAM B or DRAW... NO overtime.. kind of like soccer(not sure if u familiar).. Thats why the line are a little better... So if u choose Chi (in 3 WAY) they MUST win in regulation..

    Good luck and lets all have a great $$$ day.. 
    Reply
    Totally understand General... These kids now a days in some ways are out of control... It will take you and your wife working together... To try and steer him right... Unfortunately NO guarantees.. I have already told my 16 yr AND wife... At 18 his living situation will be discussed...Stay strong and remember we want whats best for kid.. but unfortunately they are not on remote control...

    Sorry all for the fathering advice/support...

    Now to making $$$... Russ, the 3 WAY is based on Regulation.. U are betting either TEAM A to win in 60min, or TEAM B or DRAW... NO overtime.. kind of like soccer(not sure if u familiar).. Thats why the line are a little better... So if u choose Chi (in 3 WAY) they MUST win in regulation..

    Good luck and lets all have a great $$$ day.. 
     
    petertjm
    petertjm
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 340
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 10:23 AM ET #32

    ok nobody laughs I am new at wagering on hockey,but I like general Sharp's philosophy, so my question is what does CLB puck line mean thx for all your work general, Pete.  
    Reply
    ok nobody laughs I am new at wagering on hockey,but I like general Sharp's philosophy, so my question is what does CLB puck line mean thx for all your work general, Pete.  
     
    PureDangles
    PureDangles
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 106
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 10:25 AM ET #33

    Like the tie bet on Avs wild tonight. also the over in Dallas looks tempting. BOL.
    Reply
    Like the tie bet on Avs wild tonight. also the over in Dallas looks tempting. BOL.
     
    PureDangles
    PureDangles
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 106
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 10:26 AM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by petertjm:

    ok nobody laughs I am new at wagering on hockey,but I like general Sharp's philosophy, so my question is what does CLB puck line mean thx for all your work general, Pete.  

    Columbus is favored by 1.5 goals. thus they have to win by two goals for you to win your bet. hope that helps. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by petertjm:

    ok nobody laughs I am new at wagering on hockey,but I like general Sharp's philosophy, so my question is what does CLB puck line mean thx for all your work general, Pete.  

    Columbus is favored by 1.5 goals. thus they have to win by two goals for you to win your bet. hope that helps. 
     
    R-30
    R-30
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2014
    Posts: 32
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 3:09 PM ET #35

    General Sharp i'm with you this season! I know nothing about NHL, but I trust you. You're a good capper. And thank you for share
    Reply
    General Sharp i'm with you this season! I know nothing about NHL, but I trust you. You're a good capper. And thank you for share
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 3:26 PM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by ozfromla:

    Totally understand General... These kids now a days in some ways are out of control... It will take you and your wife working together... To try and steer him right... Unfortunately NO guarantees.. I have already told my 16 yr AND wife... At 18 his living situation will be discussed...Stay strong and remember we want whats best for kid.. but unfortunately they are not on remote control...

    Sorry all for the fathering advice/support...

    Now to making $$$... Russ, the 3 WAY is based on Regulation.. U are betting either TEAM A to win in 60min, or TEAM B or DRAW... NO overtime.. kind of like soccer(not sure if u familiar).. Thats why the line are a little better... So if u choose Chi (in 3 WAY) they MUST win in regulation..

    Good luck and lets all have a great $$$ day.. 

    Hey I appreciate the advice. I had kids late. I am too old for this stuff. The kid has been brought up well, but he met some shady friends in school and they are screwing up all my hard work. He is old enough to make his own decisions, I just hope he doesn't screw up his life by making stupid choices. Only so much we can do.

    Just to clarify for the new betters:

    ML - ml including OT, a win in regulation or overtime/shootout is a win

    -0.5 ml - must win in regulation, tie and win in OT/shootout is a loss

    PL/puck line (-1.5) - must win by 2 or more goals

    Tie/Draw - if the game is tied after regulation, it is a win
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ozfromla:

    Totally understand General... These kids now a days in some ways are out of control... It will take you and your wife working together... To try and steer him right... Unfortunately NO guarantees.. I have already told my 16 yr AND wife... At 18 his living situation will be discussed...Stay strong and remember we want whats best for kid.. but unfortunately they are not on remote control...

    Sorry all for the fathering advice/support...

    Now to making $$$... Russ, the 3 WAY is based on Regulation.. U are betting either TEAM A to win in 60min, or TEAM B or DRAW... NO overtime.. kind of like soccer(not sure if u familiar).. Thats why the line are a little better... So if u choose Chi (in 3 WAY) they MUST win in regulation..

    Good luck and lets all have a great $$$ day.. 

    Hey I appreciate the advice. I had kids late. I am too old for this stuff. The kid has been brought up well, but he met some shady friends in school and they are screwing up all my hard work. He is old enough to make his own decisions, I just hope he doesn't screw up his life by making stupid choices. Only so much we can do.

    Just to clarify for the new betters:

    ML - ml including OT, a win in regulation or overtime/shootout is a win

    -0.5 ml - must win in regulation, tie and win in OT/shootout is a loss

    PL/puck line (-1.5) - must win by 2 or more goals

    Tie/Draw - if the game is tied after regulation, it is a win
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 3:27 PM ET #37

    Thanks R30, Dangles, Oz, Russ, good luck to you guys!
    Reply
    Thanks R30, Dangles, Oz, Russ, good luck to you guys!
     
    monstergrit
    monstergrit
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 4606
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 3:59 PM ET #38

    gl sharp. followed a bit of your mlb this year and respect your diciplined approach. 
    gl this yr with pucks
    Reply
    gl sharp. followed a bit of your mlb this year and respect your diciplined approach. 
    gl this yr with pucks
     
    garister
    garister
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 2356
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 4:50 PM ET #39

    Hey General I respect your plays and follow you, so I am not trying be a nit pickin jerk, but shouldn't your win on Nucks be $100 not $188, I thought everything was $100

    Best of Luck today 
    Reply
    Hey General I respect your plays and follow you, so I am not trying be a nit pickin jerk, but shouldn't your win on Nucks be $100 not $188, I thought everything was $100

    Best of Luck today 
     
    Motherflickee
    Motherflickee
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 1257
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 5:27 PM ET #40

    Good luck Gen
    Reply
    Good luck Gen
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 9:18 PM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by garister:

    Hey General I respect your plays and follow you, so I am not trying be a nit pickin jerk, but shouldn't your win on Nucks be $100 not $188, I thought everything was $100

    Best of Luck today 

    I flat bet $100. If the line is 1.88:1, and you bet $100, you win $188, $88 profit. Google flat betting. You are confusing it with betting a certain amount to profit $100 (American system).
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by garister:

    Hey General I respect your plays and follow you, so I am not trying be a nit pickin jerk, but shouldn't your win on Nucks be $100 not $188, I thought everything was $100

    Best of Luck today 

    I flat bet $100. If the line is 1.88:1, and you bet $100, you win $188, $88 profit. Google flat betting. You are confusing it with betting a certain amount to profit $100 (American system).
     
    vince24L
    vince24L
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 201
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 9:29 PM ET #42

    Best of luck this season GeneralSharp. After checking out your betting style from time to time in c/MLB I'm curious to see how you do in the NHL if you continue your flat betting favorites. Although I see you say you like ties/dogs more in the NHL. I never found much value in tie wagers. I'll continue to see how you're doing from time to time. 

    Best of luck to everyone this season. 
    Reply
    Best of luck this season GeneralSharp. After checking out your betting style from time to time in c/MLB I'm curious to see how you do in the NHL if you continue your flat betting favorites. Although I see you say you like ties/dogs more in the NHL. I never found much value in tie wagers. I'll continue to see how you're doing from time to time. 

    Best of luck to everyone this season. 
     
    vince24L
    vince24L
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 201
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2014 - 10:00 AM ET #43

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    I flat bet $100. If the line is 1.88:1, and you bet $100, you win $188, $88 profit. Google flat betting. You are confusing it with betting a certain amount to profit $100 (American system).
    But technically you WIN 88..You dont count the amount you risked in your profit.. You put +188 but you really won +88. So garister is right.. You should be - 212 for that day. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    I flat bet $100. If the line is 1.88:1, and you bet $100, you win $188, $88 profit. Google flat betting. You are confusing it with betting a certain amount to profit $100 (American system).
    But technically you WIN 88..You dont count the amount you risked in your profit.. You put +188 but you really won +88. So garister is right.. You should be - 212 for that day. 
     
    R-30
    R-30
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2014
    Posts: 32
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2014 - 10:31 AM ET #44

    Quote Originally Posted by vince24L:

    But technically you WIN 88..You dont count the amount you risked in your profit.. You put +188 but you really won +88. So garister is right.. You should be - 212 for that day. 

    You're clearly wrong. If I bet 100$ per game.
    I bet game 1 100$--> to win 88$
    I bet game 2 100$--> to win 100$
    I bet game 3 100$--> to win 300$

    If i win only the first bet, i will have 188$.
    So I'm 188-300= -112 $
    or if you prefer 88-200=-112$

    I don't speak English well, so i don't know if you've understand what i said. But maths says that General Sharp was -112 for that day.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vince24L:

    But technically you WIN 88..You dont count the amount you risked in your profit.. You put +188 but you really won +88. So garister is right.. You should be - 212 for that day. 

    You're clearly wrong. If I bet 100$ per game.
    I bet game 1 100$--> to win 88$
    I bet game 2 100$--> to win 100$
    I bet game 3 100$--> to win 300$

    If i win only the first bet, i will have 188$.
    So I'm 188-300= -112 $
    or if you prefer 88-200=-112$

    I don't speak English well, so i don't know if you've understand what i said. But maths says that General Sharp was -112 for that day.
     
    vince24L
    vince24L
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 201
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2014 - 10:43 AM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by R-30:


    You're clearly wrong. If I bet 100$ per game.
    I bet game 1 100$--> to win 88$
    I bet game 2 100$--> to win 100$
    I bet game 3 100$--> to win 300$

    If i win only the first bet, i will have 188$.
    So I'm 188-300= -112 $
    or if you prefer 88-200=-112$

    I don't speak English well, so i don't know if you've understand what i said. But maths says that General Sharp was -112 for that day.

    Sharps correct its just the way its written is confusing in the sense beside his wins he puts +188 instead of +88. So yes - 1.12 is correct though. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by R-30:


    You're clearly wrong. If I bet 100$ per game.
    I bet game 1 100$--> to win 88$
    I bet game 2 100$--> to win 100$
    I bet game 3 100$--> to win 300$

    If i win only the first bet, i will have 188$.
    So I'm 188-300= -112 $
    or if you prefer 88-200=-112$

    I don't speak English well, so i don't know if you've understand what i said. But maths says that General Sharp was -112 for that day.

    Sharps correct its just the way its written is confusing in the sense beside his wins he puts +188 instead of +88. So yes - 1.12 is correct though. 
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2014 - 1:57 PM ET #46

    I flat bet. I bet the same amount every game. I use decimal system. My calculations are correct as are my units posted and record. People are confusing me, that I bet $112 to win $100 profit, I did not risk $112. I risk the same amount every game in this thread, $100. Does not matter the odds.

    Last night was not a great night obviously, but a 1.52 unit loss isn't heartbreaking.



    CLB Puck line (-1.5) 3.48 (+248) - WIN $348
    FLA@TAM OVER 5.5 1.95 (-105) - LOSE $100
    CHI@DAL OVER 5.5 1.88 (-112) - LOSE $100
    COL@MIN TIE 3.85 (+285) - LOSE $100
    EDM ML 1.67 (-149) - LOSE $100

    Overall cost of bets: $500
    Overall winnings: $348
    Overall profit: -$152, 1.52 units


    Record 2W - 6L
    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $9,736
    Total Profit in $: -$264
    Total Profit in Units: -2.64 



    Tonight just 1 play

    NYI@CAR - OVER 5.5 2.04 (+104)

    Good luck guys. 

    I am really busy with Canadian thanksgiving. I have the dreaded mother in law here and she is making my life difficult already. Kids running around, screaming, wife complaining.... so I will be scarce this weekend but I will get plays in. Best of luck.
    Reply
    I flat bet. I bet the same amount every game. I use decimal system. My calculations are correct as are my units posted and record. People are confusing me, that I bet $112 to win $100 profit, I did not risk $112. I risk the same amount every game in this thread, $100. Does not matter the odds.

    Last night was not a great night obviously, but a 1.52 unit loss isn't heartbreaking.



    CLB Puck line (-1.5) 3.48 (+248) - WIN $348
    FLA@TAM OVER 5.5 1.95 (-105) - LOSE $100
    CHI@DAL OVER 5.5 1.88 (-112) - LOSE $100
    COL@MIN TIE 3.85 (+285) - LOSE $100
    EDM ML 1.67 (-149) - LOSE $100

    Overall cost of bets: $500
    Overall winnings: $348
    Overall profit: -$152, 1.52 units


    Record 2W - 6L
    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $9,736
    Total Profit in $: -$264
    Total Profit in Units: -2.64 



    Tonight just 1 play

    NYI@CAR - OVER 5.5 2.04 (+104)

    Good luck guys. 

    I am really busy with Canadian thanksgiving. I have the dreaded mother in law here and she is making my life difficult already. Kids running around, screaming, wife complaining.... so I will be scarce this weekend but I will get plays in. Best of luck.
     
    rivermonsterz
    rivermonsterz
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 1033
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2014 - 5:55 PM ET #47

    General how do you make your selections? No offence but some of the picks you have made were terrible from a handicapping perspective. Well at least from my perspective.
    any chance going forward you can list your reasons for your selections? At the moment it just looks like you are picking plays at random based on a hunch.
    good luck moving forward general.
    Reply
    General how do you make your selections? No offence but some of the picks you have made were terrible from a handicapping perspective. Well at least from my perspective.
    any chance going forward you can list your reasons for your selections? At the moment it just looks like you are picking plays at random based on a hunch.
    good luck moving forward general.
     
    rivermonsterz
    rivermonsterz
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 1033
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2014 - 5:55 PM ET #48

    General how do you make your selections? No offence but some of the picks you have made were terrible from a handicapping perspective. Well at least from my perspective.
    any chance going forward you can list your reasons for your selections? At the moment it just looks like you are picking plays at random based on a hunch.
    good luck moving forward general.
    Reply
    General how do you make your selections? No offence but some of the picks you have made were terrible from a handicapping perspective. Well at least from my perspective.
    any chance going forward you can list your reasons for your selections? At the moment it just looks like you are picking plays at random based on a hunch.
    good luck moving forward general.
     
    rivermonsterz
    rivermonsterz
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 1033
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2014 - 5:55 PM ET #49

    General how do you make your selections? No offence but some of the picks you have made were terrible from a handicapping perspective. Well at least from my perspective.
    any chance going forward you can list your reasons for your selections? At the moment it just looks like you are picking plays at random based on a hunch.
    good luck moving forward general.
    Reply
    General how do you make your selections? No offence but some of the picks you have made were terrible from a handicapping perspective. Well at least from my perspective.
    any chance going forward you can list your reasons for your selections? At the moment it just looks like you are picking plays at random based on a hunch.
    good luck moving forward general.
     
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2014 - 6:56 PM ET #50

    Quote Originally Posted by rivermonsterz:

    General how do you make your selections? No offence but some of the picks you have made were terrible from a handicapping perspective. Well at least from my perspective.
    any chance going forward you can list your reasons for your selections? At the moment it just looks like you are picking plays at random based on a hunch.
    good luck moving forward general.

    I don't pick my plays. I buy blank dice and I write the teams on the sides of the dice. I then put cat nip on it and let my cat bat it around. Whatever it lands on after she is bored I play.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rivermonsterz:

    General how do you make your selections? No offence but some of the picks you have made were terrible from a handicapping perspective. Well at least from my perspective.
    any chance going forward you can list your reasons for your selections? At the moment it just looks like you are picking plays at random based on a hunch.
    good luck moving forward general.

    I don't pick my plays. I buy blank dice and I write the teams on the sides of the dice. I then put cat nip on it and let my cat bat it around. Whatever it lands on after she is bored I play.


    All Forums | NHL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 234 ... 474849 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,270
    • PART DEUX 218
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,110
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 754
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,642
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,209
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,131
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,143
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,585

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.