Why I like the Jets +9
1. Is the line a trap?
2. What is the "right" bet(s)?
Here is my 2 cents:
1. I don't think it is a trap. True that book has paid on Sunday but we don't know when they will collect. Vegas has made a living mainly on the juice (5% or 10% vig). At NYJ 9, public money is 60% on HOU, which is fine with Vegas. It also leaves some room for the local bookies to adjust +/- 0.5 or even 1 point depending on the region. Both 9 and 10 are important marks. The maximum money that Vegas (or house) would lose is merely 10% (60/40 public money minus 5 or 10 juice). Vegas will survive regardless.
2. Let assume both teams play with all their might + top of their abilities (i.e. no fishy business from ref or book). HOU is clearly the winner (better players, better everything). NYJ only have home field and higher emotion. Why don't we bet on HOU for the whole game and UNDER for the 1st half? The line suggest a HOU shut-out anyways and we don't see how Tebow/Sanchez can put up a lot of points. If you are NYJ coach, what would you do for a game plan? I would either run the ball or hail-mary all night long. When HOU has the ball, I would send everybody in blitzing. I let my players leave everything they have on the field, win or lose, it is their peace. If such a desperate game plan is applied, HOU will be either surprised or taken aback a little. HOU doesn't want to get injured and ruined their post season run. HOU still wants to win and probably will win tonight, but not in the SF manner. Once they are up by double digits, they will run down the clock and go home. NYJ backers will see if NYJ can score the final TD to cover the spread.
You watch NFL for many years, have you seen that before?
You make the call. It's your hard-earned money after all.
1. Is the line a trap?
2. What is the "right" bet(s)?
Here is my 2 cents:
1. I don't think it is a trap. True that book has paid on Sunday but we don't know when they will collect. Vegas has made a living mainly on the juice (5% or 10% vig). At NYJ 9, public money is 60% on HOU, which is fine with Vegas. It also leaves some room for the local bookies to adjust +/- 0.5 or even 1 point depending on the region. Both 9 and 10 are important marks. The maximum money that Vegas (or house) would lose is merely 10% (60/40 public money minus 5 or 10 juice). Vegas will survive regardless.
2. Let assume both teams play with all their might + top of their abilities (i.e. no fishy business from ref or book). HOU is clearly the winner (better players, better everything). NYJ only have home field and higher emotion. Why don't we bet on HOU for the whole game and UNDER for the 1st half? The line suggest a HOU shut-out anyways and we don't see how Tebow/Sanchez can put up a lot of points. If you are NYJ coach, what would you do for a game plan? I would either run the ball or hail-mary all night long. When HOU has the ball, I would send everybody in blitzing. I let my players leave everything they have on the field, win or lose, it is their peace. If such a desperate game plan is applied, HOU will be either surprised or taken aback a little. HOU doesn't want to get injured and ruined their post season run. HOU still wants to win and probably will win tonight, but not in the SF manner. Once they are up by double digits, they will run down the clock and go home. NYJ backers will see if NYJ can score the final TD to cover the spread.
You watch NFL for many years, have you seen that before?
You make the call. It's your hard-earned money after all.
Pasteur............are you going to be a dumbass your whole life. Vegas has no fucking clue who is going to cover this spread. They are not enticing action on Houston as you suggest. If Houston blows out the Jets tonight they would stand to lose a lot of dough. They want equal action on both sides...why is it so hard for you to understand this. Vegas does not like to be too exposed on either side of a game because they do NOT know who is going to cover ATS.,
For the las time.......as I have said before "VEGAS IS NOT INTO GAMBLING" they are running a fucking business. You do not run a buisness by gambling...............
I am convinced you are not a successfull gambler, Meaning you consistently lose money month after month. Right? am I right?.......you know I'm right !!
I am 99% sure you don't bet real money..... so, in your case, it doesn't matter much anyways
Pasteur............are you going to be a dumbass your whole life. Vegas has no fucking clue who is going to cover this spread. They are not enticing action on Houston as you suggest. If Houston blows out the Jets tonight they would stand to lose a lot of dough. They want equal action on both sides...why is it so hard for you to understand this. Vegas does not like to be too exposed on either side of a game because they do NOT know who is going to cover ATS.,
For the las time.......as I have said before "VEGAS IS NOT INTO GAMBLING" they are running a fucking business. You do not run a buisness by gambling...............
I am convinced you are not a successfull gambler, Meaning you consistently lose money month after month. Right? am I right?.......you know I'm right !!
I am 99% sure you don't bet real money..... so, in your case, it doesn't matter much anyways
A lil tid bit. I'm a club promoter. Jets were out tonight partying. They don't have a chance in the world. They don't care. Believe me.
A lil tid bit. I'm a club promoter. Jets were out tonight partying. They don't have a chance in the world. They don't care. Believe me.
here ere some words of advice for people you try to read too much into lines such as pasteur does.
In the long run you'll get crushed trying to figure it out,.....all it will do is fuck with your mind.
forget the whole "vegas is trying to entice money on one team or the other theory"......you'll lose your entire bankroll using this fucked up approach
here ere some words of advice for people you try to read too much into lines such as pasteur does.
In the long run you'll get crushed trying to figure it out,.....all it will do is fuck with your mind.
forget the whole "vegas is trying to entice money on one team or the other theory"......you'll lose your entire bankroll using this fucked up approach
Houston -10 now....vegas trying really hard to force money on Houston eh Pasteur?.........
Houston -10 now....vegas trying really hard to force money on Houston eh Pasteur?.........
here ere some words of advice for people you try to read too much into lines such as pasteur does.
In the long run you'll get crushed trying to figure it out,.....all it will do is fuck with your mind.
forget the whole "vegas is trying to entice money on one team or the other theory"......you'll lose your entire bankroll using this fucked up approach
Vegas made bank tonight, and so did I. How'd you do Alien? Thanks for stopping by
here ere some words of advice for people you try to read too much into lines such as pasteur does.
In the long run you'll get crushed trying to figure it out,.....all it will do is fuck with your mind.
forget the whole "vegas is trying to entice money on one team or the other theory"......you'll lose your entire bankroll using this fucked up approach
Vegas made bank tonight, and so did I. How'd you do Alien? Thanks for stopping by
Houston -10 now....vegas trying really hard to force money on Houston eh Pasteur?.........
Houston only hit -10 right before kickoff. If they didn't want action on Houston they could've opened the spread at double digits, which you'd know if you bothered reading my posts.
I've told you I win more than I lose reading lines, so why would I ever listen to you and stop doing it?
Houston -10 now....vegas trying really hard to force money on Houston eh Pasteur?.........
Houston only hit -10 right before kickoff. If they didn't want action on Houston they could've opened the spread at double digits, which you'd know if you bothered reading my posts.
I've told you I win more than I lose reading lines, so why would I ever listen to you and stop doing it?
Vegas made bank tonight, and so did I. How'd you do Alien? Thanks for stopping by
This game was a no play for me pasteur.....I would of posted my position earlier if i had one.
hey listen up you clown, if that houston defender decided to run it back for a pick six instead of just going down , you would of been fucked.
don't act like you had the line figured out.........you didn't, nobody did ......this game could of gone either way ATS.
That has been my whole point with you.....VEGAS DOES NOT KNOW who is going to cover........why are you such and idiot???
Vegas made bank tonight, and so did I. How'd you do Alien? Thanks for stopping by
This game was a no play for me pasteur.....I would of posted my position earlier if i had one.
hey listen up you clown, if that houston defender decided to run it back for a pick six instead of just going down , you would of been fucked.
don't act like you had the line figured out.........you didn't, nobody did ......this game could of gone either way ATS.
That has been my whole point with you.....VEGAS DOES NOT KNOW who is going to cover........why are you such and idiot???
I finished 16th ATS OVERALL LAST YEAR - BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT "HOUSE MONEY" is
I finished 16th ATS OVERALL LAST YEAR - BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT "HOUSE MONEY" is
I appreciate hearing the other side of the argument. Have a good one
I appreciate hearing the other side of the argument. Have a good one
Hot Forum Topics
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,737
- 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 267,665
- I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,692
- **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,186
- PART DEUX 306
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 32,294
- Trump's legacy? 33,919
- Happening just recently . . . 36,977
- Saturday 10/03/2026 579
- Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,792
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
