YTD 7-5(+3.55)
Patriots -3.5(-110) *1.10/1.00
Taking the Raiders here at +3.5 looks like the easiest decision on the entire board. Low hanging fruit if you will. And I can't say many bad things about the Raiders, I actually like the team this year. Bet them in week 3 against the Saints in New Orleans.
Although, this is a bad spot.
The Raiders have not played an outdoor game yet this year. The Raiders have not played a noon game this year. The Raiders have left the west coast only once. They've played 2 at home, 2 otr, all indoors.
They are 3-1, and gave the Chiefs a run for their money last game. A division rival, we know how close those kind of games can be. Their 3 wins came against the Dolphins, Chargers, and Saints. Those teams are a combined 1-10 su(saints are currently playing, down 7-24).
The Pats road has been the polar opposite, #2 sos this year. 3 of their 4 games have been otr. @Seattle, vs Pitt, @Jax, @Buffalo. Brutal. Coming out of that 2-2, all while looking like a dumpster fire on offense is quite admirable.
I don't know what Drake Maye found against the Bills, but he did. Confidence is huge for a young qb and he regained it. And I know how good he can be alla all of last year.
Another point of interest is on the field. The Raiders have an incredible weapon in Brock Bowers at TE. And the #2 Michael Mayer is no slouch. The Patriots have defended TE's very well this year. Allowing 13 catches for 94 yards and no td's through 4 weeks.
I can get behind Vrabel here at home. Vs Klint Kubiak who was the Seahawks OC last year. Vrabel couldn't get revenge vs Mike McDonald in week 1, but gets another opportunity here vs the upstart Raiders first year coach.
It's not easy for me to lay a # like 3.5, old habits die hard.
![]()
