New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

NFL Futures

Participants:
Views: 489

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

Consensus champs ?  

could be a surprise 

choices from Seattle  . Pittsburgh . Indianapolis . 

winning money is better than earning it
Quote Post Report User

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

U honestly think Pitt and Indy have a chance? Both teams have old QBs who can prolly not even get them to the playoffs anymore. There are no "surprises" in the NFL, every "surprise" team actually is well built and has players that not only overachieve but have the potential to do so. Indy and Pitt have nice rosters but they are missing a lot of key spots. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

More thoughts.... Not bad for long shot dark horse plays. Qb production could be high risk high reward. Yes. The rosters are decent. Needs improvements on special teams in some cases. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Big question marks for all of those teams.  Honestly I think there is an awesome chance KC repeats.  And at +750 (what I got it at) is great value.  In my opinion there are only three other teams that have the capability of winning it all.  Saints 49ers Ravens

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Out of the top four teams most folks heavily favor to win; the Ravens looks to be in a great position. That Baltimore defense reloads every season. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Quote Originally Posted by maxwagers781:

Out of the top four teams most folks heavily favor to win; the Ravens looks to be in a great position. That Baltimore defense reloads every season.

No one is questioning their defense. We are questioning the MVP, who has choked two straight years in the playoffs now 

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

Reasons against the Chiefs. 1) lower tier defense. 2) pathetic run game

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

By bringing back: 

the ORIGINAL FORUM!!!!!

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip2002:

Quote Originally Posted by maxwagers781: Out of the top four teams most folks heavily favor to win; the Ravens looks to be in a great position. That Baltimore defense reloads every season. No one is questioning their defense. We are questioning the MVP, who has choked two straight years in the playoffs now

ravens have the nfl mvp ... he’s the 2nd youngest ever to get that award... future is looking bright

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Unfortunately Lamar Jackson's shelf life isnt going to be that long.  A huge part of his game is using his legs.  3-4 years from now he will not be nearly as effective with his legs.  Lots of folks are saying the future for Baltimore is bright, and it may well be.  But I think their SB window is right now for the next 3 years max.  

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

I agree. Also, it won't be long until other teams figure out a way to limit his running game, and force him to only use his arm more often.  

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #12

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #13

more important and telling than that impressive highlight reel for 2019 is 28-12

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #14

I remember 28-12.. bad weather, receivers dropping passes... growing pains 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #15

Quote Originally Posted by maxwagers781:

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip2002: Quote Originally Posted by maxwagers781: Out of the top four teams most folks heavily favor to win; the Ravens looks to be in a great position. That Baltimore defense reloads every season. No one is questioning their defense. We are questioning the MVP, who has choked two straight years in the playoffs now   ravens have the nfl mvp ... he’s the 2nd youngest ever to get that award... future is looking bright

No one is questioning whether he is good or not. We question whether he can lead his team to a super bowl...

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #16

Impressive. List of NFL MVP at the QB position. List going back just a few years. 

2019 Lamar Jackson -- will this MVP make it to the SB?

2018 Mahomes

2017 Brady

2016 Matt Ryan

2015 Cam Newton

2014 Aaron Rodgers

2013 Peyton Manning

2011 Aaron Rodgers

2010 Brady 

2009 Peyton Manning

2008 Peyton Manning

2007 Brady

2004 Manning

2003 Manning/McNair

2002 Rich Gannon

2001 Kurt Warner

1999 Kurt Warner

1996 Favre

1995 Favre

1994 Steve Young 

1992 Steve Young 

1990 Montana

1989 Montana 

1988 Boomer Esiason

1987 Elway

1984 Dan Marino 

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #17

Not just make it to the SB but win it.  Like I said I think he has a 3 year window beginning now.  During that time he will be dangerous with his legs.  After that he will need to do it more of a pocket QB and I think we both know that isnt happening.  He is 16-2 when playing a team for the first time.  After playing a team the first time he is 3-3 and I believe two of the three wins are against the Bengals.  Other than the Bengals he has one win against a team has has faced at least a second time and that is against the Browns.  Losses against the Chargers, Chiefs and Browns.  And if you look at those losses his production isnt near the numbers he put up going against teams for a first time.  I know it is a small sample size but I believe it is a gradual trend that will become more glaring as time goes on

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #18

goodthread

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #19

2020 NFL SOS from easiest thru difficult. Ravens easiest. Niners got a tough schedule  the others have softer opps. 

1 Baltimore 0.438

9 NO Saints 0.490

15 KC Chiefs 0.500

29 SF 49ers 0.527

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #20

Adjusted SOS will most likely come up with something different. But can't find actual aSOS at the moment.

Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo