That he didn't know how many yards they needed to get in FG range?
HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW MANY YARDS YOU NEED???
Did I hear that correctly?
![]()
That he didn't know how many yards they needed to get in FG range?
HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW MANY YARDS YOU NEED???
Did I hear that correctly?
![]()
That he didn't know how many yards they needed to get in FG range?
HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW MANY YARDS YOU NEED???
Did I hear that correctly?
![]()
The funny thing is that with the clock situation, the vikes COULD have had a FG attempt on the final play of the game - and then they could have tried a 55+ yarder.....
The funny thing is that with the clock situation, the vikes COULD have had a FG attempt on the final play of the game - and then they could have tried a 55+ yarder.....
The funny thing is that with the clock situation, the vikes COULD have had a FG attempt on the final play of the game - and then they could have tried a 55+ yarder.....
But I mean seriously. . . No one in that huddle or coaching staff says "Hey Brett, he was making 50 yarders in warm ups, we need to just get 5 here to have a decent shot?"
HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU NEED ![]()
The funny thing is that with the clock situation, the vikes COULD have had a FG attempt on the final play of the game - and then they could have tried a 55+ yarder.....
But I mean seriously. . . No one in that huddle or coaching staff says "Hey Brett, he was making 50 yarders in warm ups, we need to just get 5 here to have a decent shot?"
HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU NEED ![]()
Exactly 100%.
And BTW - how about the clock mgmt during this?
It was 1st down at the 32 with 1.06 left, and the vikes had 2 (maybe 1) timeouts left!!
They run up the middle, and let 40 secs go off the clock - just saying "we will take our chances on a 50 yarder thank you very much..."
Just so stupid.
Exactly 100%.
And BTW - how about the clock mgmt during this?
It was 1st down at the 32 with 1.06 left, and the vikes had 2 (maybe 1) timeouts left!!
They run up the middle, and let 40 secs go off the clock - just saying "we will take our chances on a 50 yarder thank you very much..."
Just so stupid.
But I mean seriously. . . No one in that huddle or coaching staff says "Hey Brett, he was making 50 yarders in warm ups, we need to just get 5 here to have a decent shot?"
HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU NEED ![]()
And this is:
1. After a timeout.
2. After a penalty to stop the clock again.
![]()
But I mean seriously. . . No one in that huddle or coaching staff says "Hey Brett, he was making 50 yarders in warm ups, we need to just get 5 here to have a decent shot?"
HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU NEED ![]()
And this is:
1. After a timeout.
2. After a penalty to stop the clock again.
![]()
And this is:
1. After a timeout.
2. After a penalty to stop the clock again.
![]()
And that penalty was due to 12 men in the huddle! That's an extra guy that could have told him! ![]()
And this is:
1. After a timeout.
2. After a penalty to stop the clock again.
![]()
And that penalty was due to 12 men in the huddle! That's an extra guy that could have told him! ![]()
just saying "we will take our chances on a 50 yarder thank you very much..."
Just so stupid.
Exactly!!!
I mean, there had just been recent situations in these very playoffs about how critical misses by FG kickers have cost teams games - so you think 50 yards is all good?
"Don't worry guys, we got this"
![]()
just saying "we will take our chances on a 50 yarder thank you very much..."
Just so stupid.
Exactly!!!
I mean, there had just been recent situations in these very playoffs about how critical misses by FG kickers have cost teams games - so you think 50 yards is all good?
"Don't worry guys, we got this"
![]()
|
................................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. ..... ...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,.......................................... ......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,...................................... ..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... .................................. ................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\.................................... ................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................ .................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,............................... ...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..).............................. .....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../............................... .....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\.............................. .................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ... ...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... ......... ...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,.............. .................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,, .................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\.......... ..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\......... ......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........ ........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\....... |
|
................................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. ..... ...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,.......................................... ......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,...................................... ..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... .................................. ................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\.................................... ................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................ .................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,............................... ...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..).............................. .....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../............................... .....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\.............................. .................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ... ...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... ......... ...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,.............. .................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,, .................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\.......... ..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\......... ......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........ ........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\....... |
|
................................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. ..... ...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,.......................................... ......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,...................................... ..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... .................................. ................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\.................................... ................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................ .................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,............................... ...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..).............................. .....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../............................... .....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\.............................. .................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ... ...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... ......... ...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,.............. .................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,, .................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\.......... ..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\......... ......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........ ........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\....... |
|
................................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. ..... ...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,.......................................... ......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,...................................... ..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... .................................. ................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\.................................... ................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................ .................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,............................... ...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..).............................. .....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../............................... .....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\.............................. .................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ... ...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... ......... ...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,.............. .................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,, .................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\.......... ..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\......... ......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........ ........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\....... |
Exactly 100%.
And BTW - how about the clock mgmt during this?
It was 1st down at the 32 with 1.06 left, and the vikes had 2 (maybe 1) timeouts left!!
They run up the middle, and let 40 secs go off the clock - just saying "we will take our chances on a 50 yarder thank you very much..."
Just so stupid.
Exactly 100%.
And BTW - how about the clock mgmt during this?
It was 1st down at the 32 with 1.06 left, and the vikes had 2 (maybe 1) timeouts left!!
They run up the middle, and let 40 secs go off the clock - just saying "we will take our chances on a 50 yarder thank you very much..."
Just so stupid.
Speaking of that. . .
I even thought it was kinda nuts around the 2:30 mark where the Vikes had 3 timeouts, and the Saints had 2, it was 2nd and 10 on the Saints 30 or so. . . and they both let 30 secs run off the clock and go to the 2min warning.
I'm not a coach, nor do I know who should have called a timeout at that time (I was thinking the Saints were going to), but I just found it kinda weird that both teams didn't think it was a big deal to let that time run off.
Speaking of that. . .
I even thought it was kinda nuts around the 2:30 mark where the Vikes had 3 timeouts, and the Saints had 2, it was 2nd and 10 on the Saints 30 or so. . . and they both let 30 secs run off the clock and go to the 2min warning.
I'm not a coach, nor do I know who should have called a timeout at that time (I was thinking the Saints were going to), but I just found it kinda weird that both teams didn't think it was a big deal to let that time run off.
