• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum

    Chet Holmgren Has A Chance To Become The First White American To Be Drafted No.1 Overall Since 1977

    «First Previous 12
    DeezyAZ81
    davemsh
    gotime
    packersbackers
    StumpTownStu
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 936
    Posts: 38
    «First Previous 12
     
    DeezyAZ81
    DeezyAZ81
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 8713
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2022 - 4:44 PM ET #26

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

    Who knows if he pans out in the NBA ... You really don't need much bulk/mass these days...It's a super soft league , take a look at Curry or KD .

    Crazy this is KD outweighs Chet by damn near 50 pounds at 6-10, 240.

    Hell Steph almost weighs as much as Chet at 6-3. an_light

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

    Who knows if he pans out in the NBA ... You really don't need much bulk/mass these days...It's a super soft league , take a look at Curry or KD .

    Crazy this is KD outweighs Chet by damn near 50 pounds at 6-10, 240.

    Hell Steph almost weighs as much as Chet at 6-3. an_light

     
    davemsh
    davemsh
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 45781
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2022 - 5:17 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaname484:

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life: Who knows if he pans out in the NBA ... You really don't need much bulk/mass these days...It's a super soft league , take a look at Curry or KD . But we're talking about the center position.  If you look at the top 3 MVP candidates (Embiid, Giannis, Joker) at that position what did they all have in common?  Strength and super athlectism not to mention they are twice the size of Chet

     

    Giannis is not a Center...He's a stretch 3 /4...Chet and Greek freek's game is nowhere comparable...Chet is a center...he will not play the 4 in the NBA...

    Mayweather bet 450000 on
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaname484:

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life: Who knows if he pans out in the NBA ... You really don't need much bulk/mass these days...It's a super soft league , take a look at Curry or KD . But we're talking about the center position.  If you look at the top 3 MVP candidates (Embiid, Giannis, Joker) at that position what did they all have in common?  Strength and super athlectism not to mention they are twice the size of Chet

     

    Giannis is not a Center...He's a stretch 3 /4...Chet and Greek freek's game is nowhere comparable...Chet is a center...he will not play the 4 in the NBA...

     
    gotime
    gotime
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 2907
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2022 - 6:55 PM ET #28

    @begginerboy

     I do agree with your assessment of winning a title. It has always been known as the will to win. Not just physically but mentally as well. Today in the 4 major sports there are a few willing to go all in. Back in the day the games were much more physical. 

    Due to rule changes and protecting investments meaning players the games have changed. Butkus picking up Tarkenton and pile driving him into the turf. Laimbeer throwing elbows all day long. Rose knocking Fosse to his knees. Domi dropping the gloves against anybody. 

    Skill and finesse are the new game. 

    Reply

    @begginerboy

     I do agree with your assessment of winning a title. It has always been known as the will to win. Not just physically but mentally as well. Today in the 4 major sports there are a few willing to go all in. Back in the day the games were much more physical. 

    Due to rule changes and protecting investments meaning players the games have changed. Butkus picking up Tarkenton and pile driving him into the turf. Laimbeer throwing elbows all day long. Rose knocking Fosse to his knees. Domi dropping the gloves against anybody. 

    Skill and finesse are the new game. 

     
    packersbackers
    packersbackers
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 52975
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2022 - 12:05 AM ET #29

    @Eddy_Winslow

     Shawn Bradley.

    https://www.si.com/nba/2022/01/12/shawn-bradley-details-bike-accident-paralyzed-sports-illustrated

    MAGAm Yisrael Chai
    Reply

    @Eddy_Winslow

     Shawn Bradley.

    https://www.si.com/nba/2022/01/12/shawn-bradley-details-bike-accident-paralyzed-sports-illustrated

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2022 - 7:35 PM ET #30

    @packersbackers

     What's up, bro. Hope as is well. I've been wanting to give you a proper response but hadn't had the time. Was in the Bay on business plus the parade, etc, so most ove my covers intersction has been more or less limited to one or two sentence comments and responses.

    First off, I will agree that Chet has potential bust written all over him. I would not target him at #1. And frankly, any pick in the top 5 should be considered a gamble. A "Hey, if this kid develops into a generational talent, let's not kick ourselves the next twenty years for letting him pass. I think Orlando and the Knicks are the two teams in the first round that need a bigger than just basketball pick. They need a potential face of the franchise player they can sell to their fanbase. Maybe you can include Oklahoma City in that, considering they had three such players and none wanted to stay but I think most teams right now simply need a player that can help them win games.

    Let me say that I am not bullish on Chet. I have followed him on YouTube since his sophomore, and maybe even his freshman year. When I first saw him, I worried that I was looking at a kid that wouldn't live past 30. More on that later.  I thought he was a side show act. As he aged, I gained respect for his game. He is more coordinated than you would think to look at him. Stronger than you would think too. Shoots decently for a guy of his stature,  but not great. Can put it on the floor decently for a guy of his stature, but again, not great. I think he would be better served playing one, if not two more years of college hoop to develop his body. Here is my hang up. I'm not sure if he can develop his body. Like I said, I have followed him since he was an underclassmen in high school and he does not seem to put on weight/develop muscle. He looks as if he has Marfan Syndrome or some glandular issue that causes giant size. He does come from a tall father but it you look at his skeletal structure, long limbs, his muscle development, his muscle insertion points, his gaunt face, including around his eyes, I question if he will be able to put on the muscle mass it will take to compete in the NBA at a high level. As they say, the camera adds 10 pounds. There is some truth to this, some bullshite but I will say this, 16:9 ratio televisions "fill out" people when compared to old 4:3 tube TVs. I met KD at the Chase Center groundbreaking. He looked even thinner in person. Hoop players who look super bulky a la PJ Tucker look more like basketball players in real life. Let that sink it as it relates to Chet, and his 195 pounds.

    I think people are wrong in listing him as a center. Those are people who read stat sheets and don't watch games. He listed as a center but Time was more of the center at Gonzaga with Chet being more of a stretch four who used his size to rim run and block shots. The Shawn Bradley comparison is unfair. He is more athletic that Shawn was. More coordinated. Quicker. Better handle, by far. Better shit, by far. Higher basketball IQ. I see him more of a Javale McGee with a better handle and shit, at this point. Rim runner. Shit blocker. Catch lobs. Not the focus of a team but a nice complimentary piece. I don't think a Javale McGee with better skills and possible upside warrants a top 5 pick.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    @packersbackers

     What's up, bro. Hope as is well. I've been wanting to give you a proper response but hadn't had the time. Was in the Bay on business plus the parade, etc, so most ove my covers intersction has been more or less limited to one or two sentence comments and responses.

    First off, I will agree that Chet has potential bust written all over him. I would not target him at #1. And frankly, any pick in the top 5 should be considered a gamble. A "Hey, if this kid develops into a generational talent, let's not kick ourselves the next twenty years for letting him pass. I think Orlando and the Knicks are the two teams in the first round that need a bigger than just basketball pick. They need a potential face of the franchise player they can sell to their fanbase. Maybe you can include Oklahoma City in that, considering they had three such players and none wanted to stay but I think most teams right now simply need a player that can help them win games.

    Let me say that I am not bullish on Chet. I have followed him on YouTube since his sophomore, and maybe even his freshman year. When I first saw him, I worried that I was looking at a kid that wouldn't live past 30. More on that later.  I thought he was a side show act. As he aged, I gained respect for his game. He is more coordinated than you would think to look at him. Stronger than you would think too. Shoots decently for a guy of his stature,  but not great. Can put it on the floor decently for a guy of his stature, but again, not great. I think he would be better served playing one, if not two more years of college hoop to develop his body. Here is my hang up. I'm not sure if he can develop his body. Like I said, I have followed him since he was an underclassmen in high school and he does not seem to put on weight/develop muscle. He looks as if he has Marfan Syndrome or some glandular issue that causes giant size. He does come from a tall father but it you look at his skeletal structure, long limbs, his muscle development, his muscle insertion points, his gaunt face, including around his eyes, I question if he will be able to put on the muscle mass it will take to compete in the NBA at a high level. As they say, the camera adds 10 pounds. There is some truth to this, some bullshite but I will say this, 16:9 ratio televisions "fill out" people when compared to old 4:3 tube TVs. I met KD at the Chase Center groundbreaking. He looked even thinner in person. Hoop players who look super bulky a la PJ Tucker look more like basketball players in real life. Let that sink it as it relates to Chet, and his 195 pounds.

    I think people are wrong in listing him as a center. Those are people who read stat sheets and don't watch games. He listed as a center but Time was more of the center at Gonzaga with Chet being more of a stretch four who used his size to rim run and block shots. The Shawn Bradley comparison is unfair. He is more athletic that Shawn was. More coordinated. Quicker. Better handle, by far. Better shit, by far. Higher basketball IQ. I see him more of a Javale McGee with a better handle and shit, at this point. Rim runner. Shit blocker. Catch lobs. Not the focus of a team but a nice complimentary piece. I don't think a Javale McGee with better skills and possible upside warrants a top 5 pick.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2022 - 8:40 PM ET #31

    @packersbackers

     Now to this take.

    "This is all an attempt to legitimize the Gonzaga program as a new "blue blood" which is also laughable...put them in any power conference and they will consistently reveal themselves as a middle of the pack basketball school."

    I don't know if there has ever been a team that got so much unnecessary slander, that fell so short of the credit and respect it deserves, than the Gonzaga Bulldogs. Guys that don't know a thing about hoop, and never watch Gonzaga, nor the conference all year (not you), love to talk about how they are overrated. About how they're a "white boy" team. About how they wouldn't last in a power 5 conference. I never understand these takes because there exists a such thing as non-conference play. There exist a thing called the NCAA tournament. Me can measure these things.

    Just take the '20-'21 Zags. In non-conference play they:

    Best Kansas by double digits 102-90

    Trounced Auburn. 90-67

    Best West Virginia 87-82

    Beat Iowa by double digits 99-88

    Trounced Virginia 98-75

    In the NCAA tournament they:

    Beat Oklahoma by 16, 87-71

    Trounced Creighton 83-66

    Trounced USC 85-66 (Remember the Pac-12 was the surprise of that tournament)

    Best UCLA, in the Final Four, in OT 93-90

    Then they play Baylor in the finals. The two wire to fire best teams in college hoop. And they laid an egg. Baylor played great. They were the better team that day, and probably all year. However I think if they run it 100 times, it would be close to a .500 split. However every body and their mama, after one loss the entire year, I the finals, to a really good team, everybody was like, "See, I told you. Paper Champs. Overrated. Can't hang with athletic teams. Woulda make it out of a power 5 conference."

    Seriously? Their non-conference record spoke for itself.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    @packersbackers

     Now to this take.

    "This is all an attempt to legitimize the Gonzaga program as a new "blue blood" which is also laughable...put them in any power conference and they will consistently reveal themselves as a middle of the pack basketball school."

    I don't know if there has ever been a team that got so much unnecessary slander, that fell so short of the credit and respect it deserves, than the Gonzaga Bulldogs. Guys that don't know a thing about hoop, and never watch Gonzaga, nor the conference all year (not you), love to talk about how they are overrated. About how they're a "white boy" team. About how they wouldn't last in a power 5 conference. I never understand these takes because there exists a such thing as non-conference play. There exist a thing called the NCAA tournament. Me can measure these things.

    Just take the '20-'21 Zags. In non-conference play they:

    Best Kansas by double digits 102-90

    Trounced Auburn. 90-67

    Best West Virginia 87-82

    Beat Iowa by double digits 99-88

    Trounced Virginia 98-75

    In the NCAA tournament they:

    Beat Oklahoma by 16, 87-71

    Trounced Creighton 83-66

    Trounced USC 85-66 (Remember the Pac-12 was the surprise of that tournament)

    Best UCLA, in the Final Four, in OT 93-90

    Then they play Baylor in the finals. The two wire to fire best teams in college hoop. And they laid an egg. Baylor played great. They were the better team that day, and probably all year. However I think if they run it 100 times, it would be close to a .500 split. However every body and their mama, after one loss the entire year, I the finals, to a really good team, everybody was like, "See, I told you. Paper Champs. Overrated. Can't hang with athletic teams. Woulda make it out of a power 5 conference."

    Seriously? Their non-conference record spoke for itself.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2022 - 8:50 PM ET #32

    The '21-'22 team was not as good with the lost of Kispert and star freshman Jalen Suggs.

     

     

    They best Texas 86-74. Chet, 1-3, 0-0, 0-0, 5 reb, 2 blocks, 4PF, 2 points in his first real college game.

     

    They best UCLA 83-63. Chet, better, 6-8, 2-4, 0-0, 6 reb, 4 blocks, 3PF, 15 points.

     

    Lost to Duke 81-84. Chet, 8-13, 0-3, 1-2, 7 reb, 3 blocks, 3 PF, 16 points.

     

    Lost to Alabama 82-91. Chet, 3-9, 0-4, 4-7, 11 reb, 4 blocks, 1 PF, 10 points.

     

    Beat Texas Tech, 69-55. Chet, 1-4, 1-3, 2-2, 11 reb, 3 blocks, 4PF, 5 points.

     

    They get to the tourney.

     

    They come from behind to beat Memphis 82-78. Chet, 4-7, O-3, 1-3, 9 reb, 4 blocks, 5PF, 9 points.

     

    They then lose in the sweet 16, to Arkansas 67-74. Chet, 5-9, 1-3, 0-2, 14 reb, 2 blocks, 5PF, 11 points.

     

    This is what I took from that. He will need to improve his shooting to be effective in the NBA. He will have to get to the line and convert his free throws, shooting 50% on 16 attempts. He shot entirely too many threes, going 4-20, 20%. He was 73% on twos. He did tend to foul to the tune of 3.5 a game but what jumped out at me was 9 rebounds a game, 3.1 blocks. You can't teach length. You can't coach height.

     

    Again, this is all against power 5 teams. And not just power 5 teams. All of their regular season non-conference opponents were NCAA tournament teams.

     

    If Chet can put on weight, he can be a potential all-star. He has improvement to make but so does every kid in the drsft. His game is there. However, like I said before, I question if he even can gain much muscle. I think he has a genetic condition that prevents it.

    KD was thin but still had more bulk than him. And KD's game was much more refined. KD has much more athleticism. More bounce. More explosiveness. KD was always more of a long, tall wing. I don't see Chet developing into KD. So if not a tall wing, he will be extremely limited by the development of his body as a 4/5.

    I wouldn't draft Chet, even though I love the kid. If I was taking a flier on a extremely tall and long kid, I would tank for Victor Wembanyama as I believe his frame will fill out and support more muscle, at least to the extent of his countryman, Rudy Gobert. I see his ceiling as a more skilled Rudy Gobert. I see Chet as a more skilled, less athletic Jevale McGee. Huge difference. I hope I'm wrong about him, as I like the kid. Like I said before, I've been following his development on YouTube for years.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    The '21-'22 team was not as good with the lost of Kispert and star freshman Jalen Suggs.

     

     

    They best Texas 86-74. Chet, 1-3, 0-0, 0-0, 5 reb, 2 blocks, 4PF, 2 points in his first real college game.

     

    They best UCLA 83-63. Chet, better, 6-8, 2-4, 0-0, 6 reb, 4 blocks, 3PF, 15 points.

     

    Lost to Duke 81-84. Chet, 8-13, 0-3, 1-2, 7 reb, 3 blocks, 3 PF, 16 points.

     

    Lost to Alabama 82-91. Chet, 3-9, 0-4, 4-7, 11 reb, 4 blocks, 1 PF, 10 points.

     

    Beat Texas Tech, 69-55. Chet, 1-4, 1-3, 2-2, 11 reb, 3 blocks, 4PF, 5 points.

     

    They get to the tourney.

     

    They come from behind to beat Memphis 82-78. Chet, 4-7, O-3, 1-3, 9 reb, 4 blocks, 5PF, 9 points.

     

    They then lose in the sweet 16, to Arkansas 67-74. Chet, 5-9, 1-3, 0-2, 14 reb, 2 blocks, 5PF, 11 points.

     

    This is what I took from that. He will need to improve his shooting to be effective in the NBA. He will have to get to the line and convert his free throws, shooting 50% on 16 attempts. He shot entirely too many threes, going 4-20, 20%. He was 73% on twos. He did tend to foul to the tune of 3.5 a game but what jumped out at me was 9 rebounds a game, 3.1 blocks. You can't teach length. You can't coach height.

     

    Again, this is all against power 5 teams. And not just power 5 teams. All of their regular season non-conference opponents were NCAA tournament teams.

     

    If Chet can put on weight, he can be a potential all-star. He has improvement to make but so does every kid in the drsft. His game is there. However, like I said before, I question if he even can gain much muscle. I think he has a genetic condition that prevents it.

    KD was thin but still had more bulk than him. And KD's game was much more refined. KD has much more athleticism. More bounce. More explosiveness. KD was always more of a long, tall wing. I don't see Chet developing into KD. So if not a tall wing, he will be extremely limited by the development of his body as a 4/5.

    I wouldn't draft Chet, even though I love the kid. If I was taking a flier on a extremely tall and long kid, I would tank for Victor Wembanyama as I believe his frame will fill out and support more muscle, at least to the extent of his countryman, Rudy Gobert. I see his ceiling as a more skilled Rudy Gobert. I see Chet as a more skilled, less athletic Jevale McGee. Huge difference. I hope I'm wrong about him, as I like the kid. Like I said before, I've been following his development on YouTube for years.

     
    Kazt
    Kazt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2020
    Posts: 452
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2022 - 9:10 PM ET #33

    Hey I don't know if I'm stupid or something but Griffin wasn't #1 overall pick? He is American and white 

     

    Reply

    Hey I don't know if I'm stupid or something but Griffin wasn't #1 overall pick? He is American and white 

     

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2022 - 9:17 PM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazt:

    Hey I don't know if I'm stupid or something but Griffin wasn't #1 overall pick? He is American and white

    You're not stupid. Blake's mixed race. He's half-white. I had forgot that this thread started off about race and not just basketball.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazt:

    Hey I don't know if I'm stupid or something but Griffin wasn't #1 overall pick? He is American and white

    You're not stupid. Blake's mixed race. He's half-white. I had forgot that this thread started off about race and not just basketball.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2022 - 9:22 PM ET #35

    Ben Simmons is also mixed, but is not American. Bargnani and Bogut are the last full white #1 picks but neither is American.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Ben Simmons is also mixed, but is not American. Bargnani and Bogut are the last full white #1 picks but neither is American.

     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2022 - 3:35 AM ET #36

    @StumpTownStu In regards to Gonzaga Bulldogs

     Outstanding commentary......

    spot on!

    thumbs_up

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu In regards to Gonzaga Bulldogs

     Outstanding commentary......

    spot on!

    thumbs_up

     
    Eddy_Winslow
    Eddy_Winslow
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 14469
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2022 - 12:16 PM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by packersbackers:

    @Eddy_Winslow  Shawn Bradley. https://www.si.com/nba/2022/01/12/shawn-bradley-details-bike-accident-paralyzed-sports-illustrated
    other than being tall and white he and Bradley are NOTHING alike.peace_5peace

    buy $BTC
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by packersbackers:

    @Eddy_Winslow  Shawn Bradley. https://www.si.com/nba/2022/01/12/shawn-bradley-details-bike-accident-paralyzed-sports-illustrated
    other than being tall and white he and Bradley are NOTHING alike.peace_5peace

     
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 25, 2022 - 4:54 PM ET #38

    Paolo Banchero became the first player it Italian descent to be selecter first overall since Andrea Bargnani in 2006.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Paolo Banchero became the first player it Italian descent to be selecter first overall since Andrea Bargnani in 2006.

    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,386
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 686
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,313
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,408
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,812
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,486
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,843
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,206
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 8,147
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 16,839

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.